Taken Challenge Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

XO Challenge #15 Taken by SnowyOwl-17

Roswell/Die Hard Movies X-over

Couple: Liz/Michael

Rating: Teen-Mature

Summary: Liz is John Maclane's (sp?) daughter. She and others are being held hostage.

Must Have

-The other people that are being held hostage are Michael, Max, Maria, Tess, Alex, Kyle, Jim, Isabel, Phillip and Diane.

-Someone gets shot (doesn't have to be killed)

-Jim had a twin brother (William Sadler was in Die Hard 2 as the bad guy.)

-John taught Liz how to handle and shoot firearms and how to fight hand to hand.

-Liz is a daddy's girl, she choose to stay with her father as opposed to living with her mother and other siblings.

-Explain why Liz is in Roswell, (maybe John needed a break from the big cities and decided on Roswell)

-Michael and Liz making out (either before or after their taken hostage) + John breaking it up.

-John not trusting Jim because he looks like the bad guy he fought before in Die Hard 2 (can't remember his name in the movie).

-The adults try to take charge and don't listen to Liz's orders/suggestions and end up getting beat up by whoever's holding them hostage.

Optional

-Can have aliens or not.

-Who is holding Liz and the group hostage.

-John getting back together with his wife. (I just love when she punches that reporter at the end of Die Hard)

-John sparing with Liz and one or more of the guys thinking he's really hurting her.

Everything else is up to you.
Last edited by Jezebel Jinx on Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

#17 Taken by SnowyOwl-17

Smut DA X-tremer

Couple: Liz/Alec

Rating: Adult

-Liz is taken by the FBI or Manticore and gets shot up with drugs that make her have an uncontrollable need for sex.

-The FBI or Manticore knows about her changed alien status and want her to become pregnant so they can study the baby and use the child to further their research or make them a special agent or a better solider (depends on who captured Liz).

-Alec is going to be her breeding partner, and depending on whom captured her, either Alec is going to be already at the compound or he’s to be sent for.

-Liz gets pregnant and the drug wears off. Now she’s nervous around Alec but is still attracted to him (he’s attracted to her too).

-Later Alec helps Liz and him escape, since he doesn’t want Liz and his child to become experiments. They go to Roswell and chaos ensues.

-Lots of SMUT!!!

Optional

-Liz’s parents know about the aliens, but the aliens don’t know they know, but Liz knows they know because she told them. (I hope that made sense)

-One or more of the Podsters or even Maria or Kyle find out that Liz is pregnant.

-Max and Alec get into a fight (Alec wins of course).

-A group meeting with Liz and Alec about her pregnancy, Alec telling them that it’s none of their business.

-Liz and Alec either getting caught in a lot of compromising positions throughout the fic or having Max find them having sex sometime in the diner (the place is closed and Liz’s parent’s are gone for some reason.)
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

#29 Taken by lizandzackfan

Roswell/Dark Angel X-Over

Couple: Liz/Alec

Other Possible Couples: Kyle/Max (DA), Logan/Asha or Asha/Kyle, Logan/Max (DA)

Rating: Mature-Adult

Set in both shows Season 2

Summary: What if during 'Cry Your Name' when the group is in Alex's room having a meeting what if no one sided with Liz but Kyle. So Liz told them something to the effect of 'Fine, if the rest of you don't believe me, I'll find someone who will' and her and Kyle leave the room leaving everyone else shocked and curious as to who she would go to. Liz and Kyle go to Seattle to get the help of either her cousin Logan or if Liz is an X-5 then she turns to her sister Max for help.

Must Have

-In Seattle she meets Alec and they flirt and tease and eventually get together. (Author can choose the circumstances that they meet and whether they get together right away or drag it out a bit.)

-After a month or so in Seattle putting clues together Liz, Max, Kyle, Alec, and Logan go to Roswell to continuing helping.

-Liz doesn't talk to any of her old friends, she just ignores them

-A confrontation between Liz, Alec, Max, Logan, and Kyle and the Pod Squad w/ Maria.

-Maria and Liz at some point become friends again or begin their journey to become friends again.

Optional

-Liz being an X-5

-The Pod Squad and Maria going to the desert for a meeting about Liz, Kyle, and their new friends but find Alec and Max training Kyle and Liz.

Everything else is up to the author.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

XO Challenge #34 Scientists and Transgenics

Taken by SnowyOwl-17

Scientists and Transgenics

Couple: Alec/Liz

Rating: Teen/Mature/or Adult

Summary: Alec is a transgenic, Liz is a new Manticore scientist. It is against the rules to have relations with a transgenic let alone fall in love with one but in this matter Liz doesn't follow the rules very well.

Optional

-Aliens

-Liz killing someone to save Alec

-Alec meeting Rachel/another transgenic could have been sent or Alec doesn't fall for Rachel...author can basically do whatever they want with this story line.

-Liz becomes pregnant by Alec.
Last edited by Jezebel Jinx on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

X-Over Challenge #55 - Taken by PixieChica

Roswell/Supernatural

Picks up from the show anywhere you like post Cry Your Name (well, post Alex).

Couple: Isabel/Sam, anyone else you want to include. (The more the merrier. Wink )

Remember in the Hybrid Chronicles when Isabel get sucked into Laurie's dream? What if she gets sucked into one of Sam's nightmares about someone dying? Or a series of them? And they have to work together and trust each other to stop whatever it is from happening.

The dreams could even be about one or more of the Roswellians themselves? Or someone close to them, like parents?

Could also include a scene where Isabel gets very angry/upset over the fact that they could foresee this death and not Alex's, and Sam having to either comfort her or commiserate with her.

Go as angsty as you like, with at least a marginably happy ending. Eh?

Oh, and if there's already something like this in the works/posted, sorry! Or rather, all the better! Just let me know.

ETA: This COULD be before Alex's death, too, I guess. If you wanted to mix the couples around a bit more. Your call.
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

CHALLENGE 53 - TAKEN: Dream Weaver

Couples: M/L - CC for others - will be explained.

Summary: Max Evans is frustrated with everything that had happened to him - the white room, Michael and Isabel's betrayal, the dupes and everything so he finds a way to vent his frustration.

He joins a fight ring (The ones that takes place in an abandon warhouse or something like that and no gloves are allowed).

Timeline: Set after Max in the City - Max and Liz still have their 'friendship' talk.

Requirements:

Max is introduced the fighting club by someone at school (One of the jocks, more likely).

Liz patches him up when he goes to her because he only trusts her - his excuse 'People have seen the cuts and bruises' so he can't heal himself - Liz doesn't know what is going on. She doesn't question him.

Liz goes to the club because someone took her there (One of the students that seen Max fighting) and she sees what Max is doing. Max stopped when he saw her and Liz flees the scene with Max chasing her.

Liz makes a deal with Max - She'll answer all his questions if he answers all her questions (Kind of like Twenty Questions). The truth comes out - Kyle, Future Max. Max - Tess and all that.

Please add in some embarssing ones (Like when they first started to masurbrate and who did they think of? Liz was Max's and Max was Liz's. Also, like how far the fanstasy actually went - Sexual Healing).

Max and Liz gets close with each time they meet up and they kiss, starting up their relationship. -this happens during when Liz is patching him up.

Max isn't Max - he is more tougher. He isn't bowing down to anyone and he isn't letting Isabel and Michael walk all over him as he used to. When he issues an order - he makes it very clear that its an order. The only time he's Max is when he's around Liz.

If Max could have a tattoo on his right shoulder - that would be great. :D

Kyle and Tess are getting closer. Maria and Michael are still together.

Alex is dating a girl - no one knows but Liz - who walks in on them and is happy for him then Isabel finds out and loses her temper. She and Alex later get back together.

Sean still wants Liz and he goes by the Crashdown/House and sees Max and Liz - A) having fun or B) Them kissing and knows that he has lost his chance so he joins the fight club.

He and Max go against each other and Sean baits Max about Liz - make it suggestive - Sean wants Liz in his bed and he will let Max know how he wants it and how he thinks Liz will be.

Max loses his temper and wins the fight.

Max, finally, gets himself out of the fighting ring and sorts out his life.

Optional (Meaning, they don't have to be in the story):

Sean tries to get back at Max for beating him so he attacks Liz - Alex saves Liz in time (Sexually or just physically - Liz never gets raped). Alex takes Liz to the hospital and tells Max the truth - who then goes after Sean.

Jim gets a call about the fight club and heads over there - everyone runs away but Max gets captured and arrested - Jim has no choice in the matter and the Evans's gets called in.

Michael and Isabel are annoyed with Max's attitude - Max is not Max - he has a tougher attitude, he's not lying down anymore and when he makes an order - he makes an order because he is tired of everyone walking over him. The only time he is Max is when he's around Liz.

Diane finds out the truth due to Max telling her.

Remember - these ones don't have to be in the story.

Rating: Mature/Adult - You can have Max and Liz cementing their relationship but it's mostly that because of the violence.

I really, really, really hope that someone will be able to pick this up - I've had it running about in my head for a while but as much i would love to write this - i can't - i have my own stories and other challenges that i have picked up.

Please let me know what you think or if you would like to take it up - i like hearing people's thoughts on it.

*Looks around hopefully*

Dani.

*Bubbles to everyone!*
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#38 "The End of the World?" M/L from CC thread-- Taken by Christmasnazi

Challenge: Write the story that follows this prologue. You can change the prologue a little if you like, if you do just make sure not to change the plot points and PM me the new prologue.

Prologue

Granolith Chamber 2014

Max shakes his head, “I won't leave you.”

Liz pleads with him, “No, no, no. Max, you have to.”

Max argues, “If I'm successful, if I can do this, you and I won't exist. Not as we do now.”

With tears in her eyes, Liz rebuts, “Max, if you don't do this, we're gonna die. Everyone will. Max, you have to do this. You have to try it.”

Max complains, “I'll never see you again.” He struggles but makes the only decision he can then in parting, “Thank you.”

Liz questions, “For what?”

Max answers, “For every kiss, every smile.”

Liz smiles at Max through her tears, “Max, I don't have any regrets.”

Max sticks a crystal in the Granolith, activating it. Instantly Max is transported inside, he reaches his hand towards Liz and she covers his with her own. Suddenly there is an explosion as Liz is knocked to the ground… but Max vanishes into the past.

Tess is lying on the ground with a smile on her face blood trickling from her nose as Liz appears at the chambers entrance. Mindwarping Max for that long had taken its toll on her and that blast from Liz was bad… chances were she was going to die. But that didn’t matter because soon everything would change. “You’re too late. Only Max can operate the Granolith. Soon the past will change, your precious bond with Max will never have existed and he’ll be all mine.”

Liz blasted Tess a second time, “You really have no idea just how strong our bond is! Even now it calls to me through the years.” Liz stepped towards the Granolith and closed her eyes in concentration. Moments later she was inside.

Tess’s face turned from one of triumph to one of horror when she heard Liz’s parting words, “See you earlier Tess.”

Liz’s Balcony 2000

Liz is imagining herself wearing a wedding dress, “I, Liz Parker, take Max Evans to be...”

Suddenly there is a loud noise and a bright light and Future Max appears on Liz’s balcony. He walks to the window and bends so his face comes into view, “Liz.”

Liz questions, “Max?” But then she vehemently denies, “No, no, I don't... I don't know who you are, but you... you're not Max.”

Future Max tries to placate her, “Liz, I know this is all hard to believe but I came back in time using the Granolith.”

Liz incredulously questions, “Wh-what? You expect me to believe that the...the granolith is like some sort of time machine?”

Future Max explains, “It wasn't intended to be, but it does have an enormous amount of power, and we were able to modify it to artificially create a tear in time space.”

Liz shakes her head denying, “No! No! There is no such thing as time travel, ok...because it is against every rule of physics, of reality, of everything.”

Future Max once again tries to calm her down, “Look, I realize this is overwhelming.”

But Liz refuses, “No, you're not Max, ok? You...you're like a shapeshifter. You are like some other kind of alien, with, like, the ability to look like Max with that beard and those... and those grey hairs.”

Future Max asks, “Do you really see grey?”

Liz protests, “This isn't funny, ok?”

Max grabs her and pleads, “Hold on. “

Liz argues, “No! Let go of me!”

Future Max pleads, “Liz... Liz, it's me.”

Liz begs, “Please, just let go of me.”

Future Max relents and tries reason once more, “If I were a shapeshifter, there's no way I could tell the future. In approximately 10 seconds, I will show up outside your window and begin singing to you... accompanied by a mariachi band.”

Liz argues, “A mariachi band. Max wouldn't do anything that cheesy.”

Future Max just counts down, “3...2...1.”

When nothing happens, Liz questions, “Well?”

Future Max shrugs, “I said approximately.” Moments later a faint music begins as it starts getting louder he explains, “I spent a week learning the lyrics from Mr. Delgado at the hardware store.”

Liz looks down at Max and a Mariachi Band serenading her from the ally below, “Wow, that's really embarrassing.”

Future Max closes his eyes against painful memories before responding, “I know...but I had to do something to get your attention. You had shut me out.” As the singing continues Max throws Liz a bouquet of red roses, Future Max explains, “As I threw the flowers up to you, I remembered you preferred white roses.” And the roses changed color in mid air.

As she catches them Liz asks, “Why are you here?”

Future Max answers, “I can't tell you too much, Liz...only what you need to know...but 14 years from now, we are taken over by our enemies.”

Liz asks, “Uh, who's taken over?”

“Everyone. Earth. I need you to help me keep that from happening. We need to change the future. What we do here has to be precise and surgical. No one can know I'm here, especially not me... that is, my younger self.”

Liz questions, “Uh, what is it you want to...”

Future Max interrupts, “Not now... your dad's coming.”

Jeff Parker knocks on the door and enters Liz's room to find out what all the racket is about, “Lizzie? What the hell is going on out there? Is that Max again?” Looking down at the street, “Max, is that you again? It's 11:00. Tomorrow's a school day...” Max and his mariachi band singing and start to walk away he shakes his head, “Aw, jeez.” Jeff bids his daughter goodnight and leaves.

Future Max comes out of hiding and starts looking at pictures; Liz objects, “That's private. Ok, I have some questions.”

Future Max nods, “I understand.”

“If you need Max to do something different, why don't you just go to Max directly?”

Future Max sighs, “It's complicated...but if a person encounters himself in another time period, there could be a... a reaction.”

Liz questions, “A reaction?”

Future Max sighs, “I don't entirely understand it myself, but Serena said... she's gonna be a friend of yours one day. It has something to do with quantum mechanics, but in essence, Max and I would both be destroyed if we actually came into contact.

Liz lets out a shocked, “Oh.”

Future Max begins, “Liz, what's about to happen over the next few days is critical to the history of this planet. Things between us are about to change... grow deeper. We become inseparable, and nothing comes between us ever again, until...”

Liz interrupts, “The...the end of the world?”

Future Max agrees, “That's right.”

“What happened?”

Future Max explained, “The closer that you and I grew, the worse it got with Tess, and eventually she left Roswell.”

“Because of me?”

Future Max shook his head, “Because of me, and how I treated her. And it turned out Tess was critical to our survival. The four of us - Michael, Isabel, Tess, and I... we made a complete unit. We all had different gifts, and with one of us missing, we weren't as strong, and everything fell apart.”

Liz asked the question she was afraid too, “So, um...you want me to help you and Tess get together?”

And she got the answer she feared, “Yes.”

She rebelled against it, “Why don't you just go to Tess?”

And Future Max gave her an answer that stopped all further argument, “It's you I trust. It's you I have faith in, and because it's not just about getting me close to Tess. I need you to help me fall out of love with you.”

Meanwhile in Max’s room

Max was getting ready for bed; he hoped Liz would come around soon. He needed her. Sudden a loud noise and a bright light drew his attention to his window. He looked out and saw her… It was Liz he knew, he could feel her. But something was wrong.

He opened the window and Liz climbed through like she’d done it a hundred times before. As he got a good look at her he questioned, “Liz?”

Future Liz took in Max’s appearance and her heart plummeted, “Oh Max, It’s been so long since I’ve seen that kind of pain in your eyes.”

Max questioned, “Liz what happened to you? What’s going on?”

Liz answered, “I’m from the future Max… from fourteen years in the future. Tess mindwarped you into coming back to split us up, but I’m here to make sure we stay together.”

Max shook his head dejectedly, from anyone else the story might have been hard to believe, but this was Liz, “He won’t have to work very hard… you’re not even talking to me right now.”

Future Liz was again struck at the pain in Max’s voice, “Max listen to me, I know what happened. I also know what’s about to happen at least if my you doesn’t stop it. In a few days you win me back… completely. We make love and we bond so completely that nothing can separate us ever again.” She holds up her wedding ring, “In two years we get married and as of right now my only regret is the time I spent away from you that summer when you needed me so badly. We’re soulmates Max and we belong together.”

Max asks, “So why are you talking to me instead of her?”

Future Liz explains, “I can’t come into contact with her and my Max can’t come into contact with you… if that happens there is a chance we could all die. I need you to keep your me away from my Max so that I can heal him.”

Max questioned, “Heal him?”

Liz nodded, “Tess must have damaged his mind or he’d be able feel me and know that he’s been mindwarped so I have to heal him.”

Max again asked, “And how can you heal him?”

Liz’s eyes widened as she realized Max didn’t know yet, “You changed me Max, most likely when you healed me. Next year I develop powers of my own and when you’re near I can tap yours. Please Max, take your Liz somewhere, tell her about me, make sure we get our happily ever after.”
Last edited by Zanity on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#48 from CC thread-- Taken by Evelynn

A simple idea I haven't really thought it through much....

What if the conversation in the Band room during "Pilot" went like this:

Liz: Um, I-I scraped some cells from your pencil. This is really hard to say, I'm trying to keep from blacking out here. Um, the cells weren't normal. In fact, they look just like mine.

Max: What?!?.

Liz: Okay, um. So help me out here Max. I mean, what are we?
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#43 Friends in Unexpected Places M/L -- Taken by Christmasnazi

What if at the end of "Max to the Max" Liz ended up next to the real Max? Then Pierce captures both of them.

But What if Pierce wasn't a bad guy? What if Pierce was recognized that Max was raised human and was obviously in love with Liz so he took them into protective custody; believing he could be the key to saving Earth.

He treats them well with the utmost respect. He shows them video of earlier interrogations of other aliens to try and give them as much info as possible. He tries to help Max develop his powers. But he won't let them go, because he believes he they are safer with him, and he needs Max to save the planet.

He doesn't know about Michael and Isabel being aliens. He knows Nasedo is a killer and he wouldn't be as kind to Nasedo if he ever caught him. You can decide how much he knows about Tess.

He takes Max and Liz further out of town, someplace where the gang can't find them right away. Liz's powers start manifesting while in custody, and Pierce starts trying to help her develop them further.

Max and Liz don't tell Pierce the other's because they're afraid that Pierce's kindness is just a good cop tactic to get info out of them.

Everyone back in Roswell is really worried and searching for Max and Liz.

You can decide where to take it from there. But it has to end with Max and Liz together and reunited with their friends and family. (You don't have to wait till the end for this to happen.)
Last edited by Zanity on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#14 M/L -- Taken by Christmasnazi

-- When Tess starts Mindwarping Max and Isabel & Michael start having dreams about each other Max and Liz start having dreams about each other too

-- Because of Max & Liz's connection their dreams are more real and the physical evidence of their encounters is still there when they wake up (Blood and fluids on the sheets, scratch and bite marks etc.)

-- When Isabel starts thinking she became pregnant from their dreams, Liz actually did.

-- The pregnancy enhances their connection and it becomes three way as both Max and Liz can sense the baby

-- Tess is still trying to convince Max that he belongs with her but Nasedo starts having doubts when he finds out Liz got pregnant from the dreams.

You can take it from there.