A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Adult) 6/12/08*Complete*

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Adult) Chpt 11 2/5/08

Post by jake17 »

francesca: Hello! thank you so much for your sweet fb! I'm so happy you liked that part! :D
raemac: hello you always love seeing your name thanks so much!! :D
IheartMax: Hello sweetie I hope this next part brightens your tuesday morning :wink: I did my best! :D Love love that you are here! thank you so much! :D oh and thank you for the bump! :wink: you are the best!! :D
dreamsatnight: So happy you liked the next part! Thanks so much for the fb and the bump yesterday! Hope so much you like the next part! :D
dreamer19: Wow that was so nice what you wrote ...hmmm my deepest fantasy's well yes I have to say you may be onto something :wink: so happy you like my goofy Liz and Max! hope you enjoy the next part! :D
Emz80m: thank you so much for your sweet fb..I so appreciated it! :D
Natalie36: I made LIz silent just for you in that last part, just wanted you to know that :lol: Her side is coming soon i promise...I wanted to give them a break..hope you enjoy! thanks for the fb!! :D
angelina: hey sweetie I promise Liz will tell her story just not yet! thanks so much for being here! :D
begonia9508: He is a nice guy isn't he ...I have a big imagination!! :lol: I think this time he found someone who will appreciate him :wink: thanks so much for your great fb Eve! :D
behrluv32: thank you for that incredibly sweet fb..wow that was really nice! hope you like the next part! :D
martine: Oh I have a few surprises up my sleave :wink: love that you are here martine thank you so much for the great fb!! :D
tinie38: HI kris thanks so much for being here! I really appreciate you following all my stories you are so sweet! :D
keepsmiling7: Thanks for the great fb! So happy you liked that last part! :D thanks for the bump!!
Jessibelle47: Thank you so much for the great fb! :D
ShatteredDreamer: thank you for wanting more ..hope you enjoy! :D

Chapter 11.

Liz slowly opened her eyes to find herself staring at the soft skin that covered Max’s hard stomach. Her line of vision gave her a close up view of his waist that was partially covered by the sheet.

‘Oh my god …holy crap…he just can’t be real’

She strained to see the alarm clock on his nightstand but was unsuccessful. His arm was tightly secured around her shoulder holding her tight.

She looked back and up at his face making sure he was still sleeping.

‘I guess it wouldn’t hurt to take one little peak’

She slowly raised the sheet up getting a close up view at his beautiful body. She looked in amazement at the indentation of his hip. She was sure she had never seen anything quiet like it.

Max’s eyes fluttered open as he looked down to notice a curious Liz peeking under the sheet at him.

He smiled as he heard her sigh with approval…not wanting to embarrass her he once again closed his eyes and pretended his was sleeping.

‘Oh my god I want him so bad …get a grip Parker ….it’s just been a few hours since he poured his heart out to you …what the hell would he think if you attacked him.’

Liz pulled the sheet back down as she tried to get a hold of herself.

‘Ok I just need a cold shower …yes a very very cold shower’

‘Why isn’t she doing anything …oh my god is she trying to torture me …please Liz don’t stop now’

He didn’t want to let her know he caught her but he thought he’d surely die if she didn’t touch him at that moment.

‘God how insensitive can you be …ok just think of things that have nothing to do with sex….umm…think Parker think…ok church on Sunday…umm …taking out the garbage…vacuuming ….umm…washing my car…Max washing my car….Max shirtless…on a hot sunny day… sweat dripping down his strong muscles as he lifts me onto the soapy car and ….Damn it Parker!!’

‘Ok shower right now …I just have to get out of his grip without waking him’

Liz slowly started to slide out from underneath his arm with the skill of a ninja …a ninja that had about twelve margaritas.

‘Where is she going …no… no…don’t leave now’

'God please tell me she is not trying to sneak home ...oh no what if I was snoring ...oh please don't let it be that...I knew I shouldn't fallen asleep!'

After thinking that she successfully got out from beneath his strong arm … she slowly made her way off the bed. Unfortunately she misjudged the end of the bed and fell to the floor with a loud thump.

‘Crap!’

Liz laid on the floor for several seconds hoping that she didn’t wake him …praying that she would not have to explain why she was now laying naked on his floor.

Max keep quiet …which was extremely difficult considering how loud he was laughing in his head.

‘Oh my god …what the hell are you doing Liz?’

After making it to his bathroom she stood on the opposite side of the door taking a deep breath.

‘Wow that was close!’

Just then she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror over the sink.

‘No …no …no …look at me …great there is no fixing this bed head and my makeup is all gone…god if he sees me now I’ll scare the hell out of him!’

‘Maybe I can take a shower and do my hair before he wakes up …it isn’t even light out yet…I bet I can pull it off…I think I have some makeup in my purse …which is in my house …damn!’

‘Well I definitely need a comb’

Liz opened the medicine cabinet searching for a comb. Suddenly the entire shelf fell with a very loud crash sending everything inside falling down into the sink.

‘Shit …shit ….crap’

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

“Liz honey ... is everything ok?”

‘Damn damn damn!’

“Umm …yeah I’m fine …I just …umm…

Liz stood there naked trying desperately to fix the shelf and put everything back but at every attempt the shelf just fell again sending more crashing noises through the door.

“Liz…is it ok if I come in?”

‘CRAP…he’s going to see how I really look and go running’

“Well umm Max I’m kind of ..well I’m not wearing any clothes right now”

Max smiled widely outside the door knowing exactly what happened because it happened every time he tried to open the cabinet.

“It’s ok Liz I’ve already seen you naked”

“Well…ok but I’m shutting the light off”

“Liz?”

“Yeah?”

“Why did you turn the light off?”

“Look Max why don’t you go back to sleep …I’m going to take a shower and get ready and I’ll be in there before you know it”

Finally understanding Max opened the door.

“Oh god don’t look at me”

Max brought his hand up to her face and caressed her cheek.

“I thought maybe you wanted to go home”

He took her in her arms and held her close stroking her hair that was sticking up everywhere.

"Home ...oh no ..I want to stay ...I-I just really didn't want you to see me this way - I was just trying to straighten myself up ...I'm such a mess"

"A mess ... I've never seen you look more beautiful"

Liz was at a total loss for words as she looked over at the disaster in the sink.

“Max I’m so sorry about your cabinet …I wasn’t snooping really …I was just looking for a comb –

“It happens all the time it’s nothing ….and honestly I don’t care what you look through I’m just so happy that you’re here”

“I’m really glad you feel that way because I think I broke a few things…I’m sorry Max”

“Don’t worry about it Liz …besides I have an idea on how you could make it up to me”

Max opened up the glass door and turned the knob as he pulled her into the hot spray.

Before she could even think his mouth was on her. He wrapped one arm around her waist and held her face up to his lips as he passionately kissed her.

He gently moved his tongue seductively against hers making her dizzy and weak.

She moaned quietly as he brought his hand down to rest between her legs.

Gently he fluttered his fingers over her core making her tremble.

“Oh god Max”

Suddenly his lips were at her ear as he began to whisper.

“I dreamed of this Liz…I’ve fantasized about taking you in the shower so many times”

“Really?”

He pulled back and stared at her with his amber eyes that darkened as his desire for her quickly spun out of his control.

“Really” he rasped leaning his forehead against hers.

Liz was breathless as she felt his tongue slowly make it's way down her body to her achy peaks.

She grabbed the back of his neck as he took her into his mouth and cried out his name.

Liz was in heaven as she watched him love her…she felt drunk watching the water slide down every hard muscle of his golden skin.

Her breath caught in her throat as she ran her fingers through his wet black hair.

Her eyes slammed shut as she felt him move his mouth lower.

Slowly he swirled his tongue through her folds edging her closer and closer to that blissful place that was so new to her.

Liz pulled his head closer as she quivered against him whimpering from the unimaginable pleasure he was giving her.

He held his mouth against her sensitive spot gently kissing her until she slowly came down.

Before she knew it she was gently being lifting into the air. Max held her against the tile as he quickly entered her.

He groaned loudly as he moved inside her. His lips gently caressed the soft skin of her breast as he again and again lifted her bottom up to meet his powerful thrusts.

“Oh god Liz …you feel s-so good”

His voice was shaking as he felt himself lose control.

Liz slid down his wet body completely stunned at how incredible he was. She didn’t know pleasure like that was even possible.

Max took his time bathing her and washing her hair…he was completely captivated by her in every way.

He wrapped a large towel around her body and held her close. He could sense that she was hiding herself afraid to let him see her.

Max took her face in his hands forcing her to look at him.

“Do you have any idea how beautiful you are Liz?”

Liz hung her head down not knowing how to respond …she was used to criticisms and insults… she had no clue how to handle his sweet words.

“No I’m really not Max”

Max could sense that her insecurity came from pain …that someone was responsible for the way she saw herself.

It killed him inside to think that someone had mistreated her. He felt so close to her but still there was so much he didn't know.

“Liz what happened …what did he do to you?”
Last edited by jake17 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Adult)chpt 12 2/5/08

Post by jake17 »

begonia0908: thank you for liking that part ..i so appreciate you being here! :D
Alien-friend: thanks so much for your feed back ...i hope you enjoy the next part! :D
Blink1lit: thanks so much for you sweet fb...and for the bump!! so for the long wait! :D
keepsmiling7: hello thanks so much for your always sweet fb! :D
angelina: hello sweetie sorry i was away from this story for so long ..as always I loved your wonderfully sweet fb ...it means so much to me! :D
behr-able: so happy you like this story ...i so appreciate your fb! :D
Jessibelle47: so happy you enjoy this ...hope you like the next part!! thank you!! :D
tinie38: hello kris ..thanks so much for your fb so happy as always you are here! :D
IheartMax; hello sweetie ..Im so happy to always see you of course and thank you for your bump and not wanting to see me on the second page! :wink: you are so amazing thank you so much for everything :D
Natalie38: so happy as always to see your fb Natalie ..hope I dont disappoint...thanks so much! :D
francesca: thanks so much for still sticking with this story ..so happy to see you here ...thank you! :D
dreamsatnight: Well I take it as a honor that you like my story chelle,,coming from you that is truly a compliment ..hope I didnt disappoint! thanks so much! :D
roswell3053: thanks so much for being here...love seeing you at this story too! hope you like the next part! :D
martine: hello you! so happy to see your name here ...im so happy you are still interested in my silly couple ..thanks so much! :D
dreamer19: I feel like I know you now :wink: and just for the record the last line of this update..yes it be my dream if max said that to me! thanks so much for being here! :D
RoswellLover4ever: so happy you are here..hope you like the next part ...thank you!
Shattered dreamer: thanks so much for always wanting more of this! I so appreciate you letting me know! :D

Chapter 12

“I don’t want to talk about this now ….this let’s just go back to bed …it’s not quite morning yet”

Liz tried her best to change the subject as she climbed back under the covers and held one side open as an invitation for him to join her.

Max gave her a small smile that suggested he understood and wanted nothing more that to lie once again next to her but that with gentle persuasion he was not going to let this go.

He eased into the bed onto his back sighing with pleasure as Liz immediately wrapped her leg and arm around him and nuzzled her head against his firm chest.

She returned the sigh when she felt his arms wrap securely around her tiny frame holding her tightly close to him.

“Liz I know that this is uncomfortable for you but please …I love you and I need to know what happened …I don’t want you to feel pressured …but the way I feel for you –

Liz reached up and placed her fingers across his lips to silence him.

‘Ok I’ve seen them do this in the movies …maybe I can make him forget all about this with my womanly charms and seductive moves’

Liz started to move her leg slowly up and down his thigh barely grazing him. She moved her mouth up to his ear and was trying to think of something hot to say to make his forget all about her past.

She was so busy trying to come up with her sexy lines that she ended up accidentally kneeing him in the groin.

“Oh my god”

Max turned over holding his breath in agony …wincing in pain.

‘Good lord I’ve killed it …I’ve finally found someone who has the capabilities to send me to the freaking stars and back and I’ve killed it…nice going Parker ..well I’m sure he’s not thinking of your past anymore!’

“Max I’m so sorry oh my god …are you ok …is it alright?”

‘God please let it be alright!’

Max still unable to speak from the intense pain lifted his hand up to let her know that he was going to be fine.

Liz scurried to the kitchen to get some ice …not knowing what exactly men do in these situations.

After finally finding a dish towel to put the ice in she held it under the ice machine in the fridge cursing herself for any damage she may have caused. When she figured she had had enough she let go of the button but the ice still continued to fall from the dispenser.

“Shit what now…stop ..oh god please stop …I’ve already killed his beautiful amazing love machine please tell me I haven’t killed his ice machine too –

“Wow beautiful and amazing huh?’

Without needing to look behind her Liz hung her head mortified that he had heard her.

Max walked over and held her while the ice cubes continued to fall to the kitchen floor.
He held her close and stroked her hair smiling at how completely insane she was ..in the very best way.

“Here Liz hold on one second”

He gave the fridge a good hard whack and the ice immediately stopped. He then pulled her back into his strong arms.

“I am so sorry is it …ok did I –

“Liz I’m fine …and by the way thanks for the compliment’

Liz buried her face in his chest wondering why this gorgeous man would want anything to do with such a fumbling mess.

Max walked her into the living room and wrapped a large quilt her and told he to just sit and relax.

He entered back into the room shortly with two large steaming mugs of hot chocolate.

“You made hot chocolate for us?”

“Well this may sound strange but it always calms me down….I just thought –

“It’s perfect thank you”

She opened the quilt so he could join her and together they snuggled sipping their hot chocolate.

His plan was working and soon he could feel her starting to relax. She eased herself down so she was leaning on his bare warm chest and sighed as he kissed her forehead.

“Liz?”

“Yes?”

“What was his name?”

The last thing he wanted to do was force her but he had to know what this person did to her..the thought that someone had hurt her just ripped him up inside.

Liz put her mug on the coffee table and went back to the safety of his strong arms wrapped around her.

“His name was Kyle …and really Max compared to what you have been through…my story is nothing ..it’s not even worth taking about.”

Max placed his mug besides hers and turned her chin so she was looking directly into his eyes.

“Liz I love you …I if someone hurt you I want to know about it …let me take your pain away…please let me in…everything that is in your heart is important to me don’t you understand that?”

Liz went on to tell him about her relationship with Kyle ..how he was her first love her first everthing.

She told him how horrible he made her feel about herself and how he would always make her feel invisible like she didn’t matter.

She talked about how he would yell and scream at her all the time and his drunken rages that she endured.

Liz explained the real reason she moved here and how Kyle had been cheating on her all along. She told him how she lived through years of this because she believed the things he told her about himself …how stupid and ridiculous her feelings and were. How he made he feel worthless and often horribly lonely.

“The night I saw you in that resturaunt was the night I found out that Kyle was getting married …that’s why I acted that way…and it wasn’t that I was upset over him …I think I was more upset at the chance that I could possibly be losing the best thing that ever happened to me ..I thought I had lost you Max.”

“I put everything I had into loving him and I never felt it in return ..I just thought that’s what love was like …that is until I met you ..I think that’s why I reacted so crazy that night…I’m sorry I didn’t give you a chance to explain”

She lowered her head and whispered quietly almost afraid to tell him how she felt.

“Max when we .…when we made love for the first time …It felt as if that was the first time anyone had touched me …kissed me …loved me …I never knew it could be that way.”

Max cradled her in his arms and stood up holding her tight against his body.

“Max what are you doing?”

“I’m going to take you to my bed and I’m going to touch you…kiss you…and make love to you until the sun comes up and then I’m going to explain to you how I will never let anyone ever hurt you again Liz”
Last edited by jake17 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Adult)chpt 12 3/17/08

Post by jake17 »

Keepsmiling7: Hi! I know you want a smooth road for them but how interesting would that be? :wink: thank you so much for your sweet fb and missing this! It really means so much to me! :D
begonia9508: OH Eve you know me by now ...do I make anything easy? :lol: love that you are here, thank you so much! :D
roswell3053: HI! thank you so much your kind words. I really appreciate you wanting more of this story, thank you! :D
Natalie36: You and me both Natalie! thanks so much for always being here! :D
angelina: Hi sweetie! Yes Max definitely takes care of her! :wink: thank you for your encouragement to come back ...I so appreciate it! :D
martine: I miss you!! :( Is everything ok I never see you here anymore! Please come back martine its not the same without you! thank you for reading my stories...you need to come and update your own! :wink: and no I never sleep ...how did you notice that? thank you for your very sweet message so happy to hear from you! :D
tinie36: HI kris ..yes max is definitely a real man ...thank you for wanting more!! It such a relief to see you here! :D
IheartMax: Hello you! thank you for your sweet fb it was truly dynamite! :lol: :wink: love that you are here but you already know that dont you! :wink: :D
ythaler: HI Im so happy that you like this enough to miss it and want more...thank you so much for letting me know! :D

Chapter 13.

Saturday December 21 2007

“Max it’s perfect!”

“You don’t think it’s too big?”

Liz ran to the door and brushed the snow out of his dark hair before giving him a kiss.

“A Christmas tree can never be too big Max”

He stood the fat blue spruce up and made a face as it bent at the top obviously too tall for her ceiling.

“Well it can be too big it you can’t stand it up Liz”

She wrapped her arms around his waist and stood on her toes so she could look him in the eyes.

“It’s perfect…everything’s perfect Max”

He looked at her all excited with her Santa hat pulled down to fit just above her eyes and her boxes of decorations that she spent hours picking out all around her. He had never seen her so happy. He knew in his heart that this was right … that this was the perfect time. Only three more days before he would ask her…only three more days before all his dreams came true.

“You’re beautiful do you know that?”

She looked down at the floor still after four months unable to take his complements.

He lifted her chin up and stared deep into her widened eyes as he whispered to her.

“I love you”

Her heart soared. No matter how many times he told her this simple phrase it had always affected her in the same way… total disbelief followed by overwhelming joy.

“I love you”

“Liz?”

“Yes Max?’

“Do you …smell something burning?”

“What? Oh my god!”

Liz ran to the kitchen and quickly pulled on her Mr. and Mrs. Santa oven mitts and whipped open the oven door.

“Oh no”

She turned to look at him with her mitts covering her mouth.

“It looks like I’ve ruined dinner…again”

Max watching the black smoke as it poured from the oven from the charcoaled roast that had definitely seen better days.

He tried hard not to laugh as he reached for the take out menus that were always on hand.

“I was in the mood for Chinese anyway”

‘God I can’t cook one decent meal and it doesn’t even phase him. What planet did you fall from Max Evans’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max went around the room lighting candles for their romantic Chinese dinner. They decided that this would be their tradition. Every year they would decorate their Christmas tree by candlelight and dine on Chinese food.

Liz stood on her step stool leaning into the tree with both an angel and a star in her hands.

“Umm Liz I’m not so sure that is such a great idea”

“What? I’m fine. Now I need your opinion. Angel or star?”

She leaned further reaching up high moving one than the other so he could get a good visual.

“Liz really …I think you're leaning too far –

Before he could get the words out she had fallen head first into the tree. Decorations became air born as she struggled to get herself free.

“Liz!”

Max ran over and pulled her free before loosing his own footing and falling to the ground.

They both sat there with garland and tinsel tangled around their bodies and through their hair laughing like six year olds.

Liz looked up and got very quiet.

“Max I’ve ruined it. I’ve ruined our first Christmas tree.”

He smiled warmly at her as he pulled a silvery piece of tinsel from her long black hair.

“Liz there is nothing you could possibly do to ruin anything. Don’t you know that?”

He cradled her in his arms and cupped her face tenderly.

“I have never laughed so hard …or been more happy then when I’m with you. You are truly one of a kind. I think your amazing Liz and I’m so happy I met you.”

‘Ok someone pinch me right now’

Max looked up at the lopsided tree above them and gazed back down into her soft brown eyes.

“I think I just thought of another Christmas tradition we can start this year”

“Really?” Liz fluttered her eyes and smiled knowing exactly where this was going.

“And what would that be.”

Max whispered in her ear softly as he pulled her in even closer to his body.

“Making love to you under the Christmas tree”

Liz melted in his arms unable to speak as he started to kiss her neck.

‘Thank you Santa…you knew exactly what I wanted this year’

He laid her down on the tree skirt and slowly took her clothes off.

When she was exactly how he preferred her he started undressing.

He pulled his shirt from his broad shoulders eliciting a shaky breath from Liz.

‘Wow. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to this’

As she gazed up at him with the colored lights dancing all around him. She was sure she had never seen anything more beautiful in her life.

Slowly he lowered his body down to touch her lips. He always started out gentle at first. Max placed light kisses on her cheeks and neck before descending lower.

‘Why does she always taste like vanilla’

He moaned as he pulled her hard peak into his mouth savoring her sent… drowning in her soft whimpers that begged him for more.

“Max …please”

She could feel the heat starting to build within her already as he lazily kissed his way along her sweet skin.

“I want to hear you Liz…I need to hear you”

Max rasped as he gently teased her folds with his tongue causing her to arch into his mouth more and groan his name.

Over and over he tasted her as she laced her fingers through his hair urging him on …never wanting him to stop.

He kissed and licked her relentlessly until she was trembling and crying out.

“Max please …I need you”

He kissed his way up her shaky body and took her lips showing her exactly how he felt …how deeply his feelings ran for her.

Suddenly he pulled away and rested his forehead against hers.

Liz gasped when she felt him take her. Pulling her leg high against his he moved inside her slowly. His long deep strokes felt like torture as she once again was brought to the edge of ecstasy.

Max could feel her urgency. He knew what she needed but he wanted this to last. He wanted to stay like this forever. He wanted to lie above her feeling every inch of her body and soul for as long as possible.

After several minutes Max could fight it no longer. His thrusts came hard and fast as he breathlessly whispered into her ear.

“I love you Liz. Please never leave me …please promise that you’ll ….never go away…please Liz”

Liz held onto him biting her lip lost and dazed from his love and his words.

“I promise…I promise Max”

Suddenly they both cried out as he collapsed against her neck.

‘Soon …Liz soon’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Max was busy making coffee while Liz was finishing getting ready.

They had some last minute Christmas shopping to do then they were off to get a turkey for their special Christmas dinner.

‘Turkey …we should just order the Chinese food ahead of time’

Max was laughing to himself when he heard the doorbell ring.

“Max …can you get that? I’ll be out in a sec”

“Sure…but if it’s the mailman I’m making you explain why the Christmas cookies we gave him taste like cardboard”

“Very funny …Max!”

Liz stood in front of the bathroom mirror wondering how in just a few short months her life could change so drastically.

As she came around the corner she saw him standing in front of the open door in silence.

“Max? Is it the mailman because if it is you need to tell him that you helped me make those –

“It’s not the mailman”

Max turned away from the door and leaned up against the wall completely devastated.

“Kyle?”

“Hi Liz”

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Adult)chpt 14 6/1/08

Post by jake17 »

tinie38: I hate Kyle too kris! :twisted: thanks so much for being here! :D
dreamsatnight: Hey chelle.. I have to say IM right there will you.. It's impossible to not have a dirty mind when Jason's involved! :twisted: thanks for the funny fb! :D
begonia9508: Hmm there might be a very good reason why Max is devastated.. :roll: I think you'll agree with him if you read this part Eve! thanks so much for being here! :D
totallizfan; hey where are you girl?? I miss seeing you around! I really hope your ok! I agree Max is a great guy.. hope to see you back around here soon! :D
angelina: :shock: OK how did you know... Do you really live in Italy Angelina? :wink: :lol: How do you always know where I'm going with a story?? you are seriously scaring me again!! :wink: love love you here! even if you are able to read minds! :lol:
Natalie36: I agree Natalie he should've slammed the door in his face...No really! :wink: thanks so much! :D
IheartMax: Hey you!! I love clutzy Liz too... next thing you know she'll be falling down her stairs and end up in the hospital :lol: :wink: thanks for being here sweetie!! :D
roswell3053: Hi! thanks so much for being here! I hope you like the next part! :D
Daydreamer23: Yes trouble is coming unfortunately... :( thanks for the bump! I appreciate it! :D
Jessibelle47: Yes a promise is a promise but there is something else going on here! :shock: thanks for reading! and your fb! :D
roswell4life: I always wanted a xmas tree moment like that! I guess i'll just have to settle for writing about it! :roll: thanks for the fb! :D
Ythaler; Hi Yatie! thanks for the fb.. hope you like this next part! :D
Keepsmiling7: Hey sweetie ...sorry for the long wait ..I had a little bit of a writers block..not fun! Hope you like the next part ..thank you so much for wanting more!! means so much to me!

Chapter 14.

“Max? What’s wrong? Who is it –

“Hi Liz”

Liz stood frozen. She couldn’t believe what her eyes were seeing. ‘What is he doing here?’

Max was shaking. He was visibly extremely upset.

“Kyle?”

“Probably thought you’d never see me again”

‘Hoped is more like it’

“What are you doing here…how did you know where to find me?”

Max looked slowly up at Liz in total disbelief. In a hoarse painful whisper he spoke to her.

“This is Kyle?”

“This is Kyle … and I’m guessing that must make you Max”

Kyle put his hand out to him but Max walked by him lost in his own world completely distraught.

“Max wait where are you going?”

”I-I have to umm … I just realized … I have to go Liz … I call you later”

Max stumble passed Kyle accidentally hitting him in the shoulder as he walked out the door.

He walked back to his house with tears stinging his eyes and a horrible sick feeling in his stomach.

‘I can’t believe it … I can’t believe this is happening’

“Max wait!!”

Liz called out to him but Kyle was already worming his way into her living room.

“Let him go …he’s probably just feeling a little jealous .. old boyfriend showing up at your door and everything”

“No something else was wrong… that’s not like him –

Suddenly Liz turned and looked up at Kyle shaking her head in confusion.

“Kyle what are you doing here… shouldn’t you back in Roswell making wedding plans?”

“Look Liz I need to talk to you about that. Do you think we could go out to dinner?

Liz sat on the couch completely dumfounded.

“What?”

Kyle sat next to her and took her hand.

“I really need to talk to you…things didn’t exactly work out like I thought they would. Can we just go out? I’ll take you anywhere you want. It will be like old times”

‘Old times’ Liz remembered those old times. She remembered him making her feel like she was worthless. She recalled how cold and distant he was and how he rarely even noticed or cared about her feelings. She remembered the cheating too.. the betrayal … the pain. It seemed like a lifetime ago now. The love and warmth that Max consumed her with was night and day compared to the treatment she received from Kyle. Suddenly Max being gone filled her with a fear that she never wanted to know.

“No… Kyle I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’m with someone I can’t just go out to dinner with you”

Kyle stood and started pacing the floor... frustration was visible as he clenched his fists.

“You mean I flew all the way across the country and you won’t even talk to me?”

“Kyle you obviously knew about Max …knew that I was with someone… why would you come without calling? Why would you just show up here… what do you expect me to do?”

Suddenly his eyes softened as he sat close to her. Closer than she liked.

“How long have you been with this Max Liz?”

“T-That doesn’t matter… it’s really none of your business.”

Liz was trying to be strong but Kyle was someone that could make her feel insecure and full of doubt. He was the best at manipulating her making her rethink every feeling she had.

“Ok fine I get it your with this Max now but you need to hear me out. Can we talk here ..now… I really need to tell you something.”

“What it is Kyle … what could you possibly have to talk to me about”

‘This is not happening …this is not happening… Kyle is not sitting in my living room … you're having a stroke … a little blood vessel has burst in your brain Parker… that’s all’

“It’s about the wedding –

“I don’t need to hear about your plans Kyle”

All she could think about was the look on Max’s face when he left …all she wanted to do was run to him and find out what was wrong. She felt is was something way more than Kyle showing up. The fact that he was so upset was killing her. She didn't want to be with Kyle. She was already missing her Max.

“The wedding is off. I just couldn’t go through with it. She wasn’t the one for me. I was a fool Liz… a fool to ever let you go”

Just then Liz’s cell phone was vibrating all over the table. As she tried to digest Kyle’s admission she strained her neck enough to see Maria’s name.

‘Something’s up’

“Kyle please what are you talking about? You let me go long before I left…long before I caught you cheating on me with Tess. You didn’t want me then … I wasn’t good enough for you then. Why do you feel this way all of a sudden it doesn’t make any sense.”

Kyle put his hand on her leg and stared into her eyes trying to do his best impression of a sensitive man.

“I was young and immature Liz. I didn’t know what love was but I know now. We were our first loves …we belong together. Deep down inside you know that. That is why you stayed with me for so long Liz …through all those bad times. You always knew that I would grow up and become a better man. You still know that deep inside. I know you do”

Just then her phone went off again. This time it was a txt. She couldn’t wait any longer.

“Can I get you something to drink?’

She was trying to stall him so she could look at her messages which she knew were all from Maria.

“Actually I would love a beer”

‘Of course you would you idiot!'

Liz grabbed her phone and gave him a weak smile as she ran into her kitchen.

‘Oh my god … Oh my god … what the hell is going on… I can’t believe Kyle is sitting in my living room!’ Liz had the urge to look outside to see if there were any pigs flying by.

She flipped open her phone immediately following her aneurism and read Maria’s txt.

Kyle is on his way to see you!
Just found out!
Tess left him!
Don’t believe anything he tells you!
Call me right away!

‘Thanks Maria perfect timing.’ She looked up at the sky talking to god like she normally did when she was desperate. ‘Like you couldn’t have had her send this yesterday?’

“Hey Liz … how’s that beer coming?”

“I’ll be right there!”

Liz found herself frighteningly returning to that shy cowardly girl that ran to his every need.

She grabbed a beer out of the fridge and as fast as she could ran to him ..hoping he wouldn’t be mad.

‘What what the hell am I doing… this isn’t me anymore.’

Kyle took the beer and slugged half of it down.

“What the hell is this stuff? Is this what Maxwell drinks.?”

Liz slouched in her seat and looked at Kyle in disbelief. She wondered how she managed to stay so long with him.

“Liz whatever you think you may have with him is nothing compared to all the years we spent together. I know you. I know all your faults all your flaws. Does this Maxwell? I bet you he doesn’t. I bet you that you just show him what you want him to see. Tell me Liz do you think he’d stick around if he knew the real you. I love you and I know you… can you really say that about this Max Liz?”

Liz looked down at the floor wondering if Max would stick around after he saw all the things that Kyle saw in her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max sat on his couch stunned and traumatized as tears rolled down his cheeks.

He sat staring at the diamond that was intended for Liz. He watched as the light caught the cut sending a prism of color around the room.

He couldn’t believe out of all the people that would show up at her door it would be him. The very last person he expected to see was the man that ruined his life.

The man that slept with his wife.

The man that was the real father to Ben.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Adult)chpt 15 6/11/08

Post by jake17 »

Natalie: I’m so excited I was able to shock you Natalie.. :lol: thanks for being here. :D
Emz80m; I hope you got my message. Sarah, Max’s wife cheated on him and became pregnant, Max decided to accept the baby as his own before the accident. Thank so much for your feedback!. :D
Keepsmiling7: Hey you! Thanks so much for the bump. Liz has no sorted past, Kyle has criticized her through their entire relationship, as a way of controlling her into thinking she was less than what she is so she would feel horrible about herself and feel lucky that Kyle wanted her at all. Now he is trying to pull this bullshit on her again to work on her insecurities so she with have doubts that Max would really love the real Liz. Does that make sense. Basically he is bastard. :twisted: Thanks for being here. :D
IheartMax: I wish Liz could run out the back door too! :wink: And it would be my dream that Max would kick Kev – I mean Kyle’s ass. :wink: Thanks for being here seashell! :D
ShatteredDreamer: Max was too traumatized to face either one of them but I have faith in him. :D
Begonia9508: Hi Eve yes you are right about Kyle he is just running to Liz because tess dumped him and now is alone. Men can be shit. Thanks so much for being here! :D
Angelina: Hello sweetie yes they need to talk… thanks for your fb as always love you here! :D
behr_ able: Wow I’m so happy you found this! Thanks so much for the sweet complement! :D
ythaler: Sorry Yatie! I didn't mean to leave you hanging like that ! thank you so much sweetie for wanting more! :D
roswell3053: thanks so much for being here! I so appreciate it! :D Your quesions will be answered here.

Hello everyone...just a little note...
Before you read this just keep in mind that Kyle was Liz's first love and hurt her very deeply. He knows all of her buttons to push to bring up all her insecurities about herself. Before Max this is the only real boyfriend she had ever had.
Thanks for reading! :D

Chapter 15.

Max sat staring aimlessly into the air on his couch. He held her diamond in the palm of his hand as memories of his past came flooding back to him in painful unrelenting waves.

He remembered holding the picture that he found of Sarah’s. It was a picture of a night that her friends from work when out for drinks. It was crumpled in the garbage and happened to fall out when their dog Ellie knocked it over.

Sarah had just confessed her affair and after seeing the man in the picture and their obvious intimate pose he had to know. Confronting her was difficult but necessary for him to move on. He showed her the picture and asked her if he was the one. Her face falling to the floor in shame she nodded. She explained that she was drunk and that it was all a blur. A stupid mistake that she wished she could take back.

He remembered how sick to his stomach he felt when she began to give him fuzzy details about it happening in his car. She was drunk and 'out of it' and how it wasn’t rape but she was definitely was in no position to be making this decision and that this person didn’t care.

He recalled not being able to take his eyes off that face. It would be burned into his memory forever. Max remember his heart breaking seeing his cocky smile as his arm hung around his wife's shoulder. You could almost read his mind on what his intentions were. He could feel the blood drain from his face stunned that the same man was in Liz's house at this very moment. How could this be...how could fate be so cruel.

Max remembered wanting to find him and beat the crap out of him. He knew she was married and she was drunk ...what kind of an asshole takes advantage of a situation like that.

'Eactly the kind of asshole Liz described being with'

When he heard him say this in his head he felt a sharp stabbing pain in his heart thinking this is the person that had been with Liz… that had hurt Liz…his Liz.

Then he pictured Ben dying in his arms. It didn’t matter that Kyle was the biological father. In his mind – his heart Ben was his son.

Uncontrollable anger over took his usual gentle soul.

Suddenly he looked up towards her house realizing that she was alone this guy. This scum bag that had ruined so many lives.

He couldn’t get the image out of his head of him touching Liz making her cry…hurting her day after day.

He wasn’t sure what he was going to say or do but he knew he couldn’t leave her over there alone with him.

Shoving the ring in his pocket he ran towards the door. His pain was quickly being replaced with a fierce need to protect Liz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Liz stared off into nothing Kyle knew he had her right where he wanted her. She was already full of doubt about herself. She could feel all her old insecurities rise to the surface.

He turned away from her smiling with satisfaction that he was still able to get to her after all this time.

Wringing his hands together he continued to pull her down.

“Does he know about how needy you are Liz? That you never finish anything you start. That you screw up everything you try to do? Does he know how pathetic you can be... so desperate for affection all the time. Does he realize that you lack the skills to make any real money? I wonder how he’s going to feel knowing down the line that he’s going to have to support you. That all you’ll have is low paying dead end jobs. “

“Does he know about your lack of education? That he’d basically be with a someone who knows nothing about anything. I’m wondering how long it will take before he’s completely bored with you and feels the need to move on to someone else. Someone more interesting …someone with a career and a life. Someone he could be proud of.”

"Really Liz who in their right mind would be proud to be with someone like you"

Kyle knelt down to Liz who was now tearing up realizing that he was right that she wasn’t good enough for Max and it wouldn’t be long before he realized that and left her.

He got very close and began to run his hand over her knee and up her thigh. Liz closed her eyes and started to cry.

‘He’s right I’ve just been fooling myself this whole time thinking that I could ever be enough for someone as amazing as Max Evans… I’m going to lose him’

Her heart was breaking. She could feel Kyle’s hands on her but was too despondent to object. It sickened her but in her darkest fears somehow she felt as if she deserved him.

Kyle whispered into her ear as her tears fell one by one down her face.

“You know I am the only one who really knows you….the only one who could ever tolerate the real you”

Suddenly Kyle felt himself being jerked backwards and thrown across the room.

“I KNOW HER! BETTER THAN YOU COULD EVER EVEN HOPE TO! YOU DON’T DESERVE TO BREATHE THE SAME AIR AS HER! NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!”

Liz looked up in shock. Her eyes widened as she watched Max physically drag Kyle by the back of the shirt to the door.

“Wow I guess he hasn’t fucked you yet." Liz looked down in horror. “She’s like a dead fish man … don’t even waste your time”

Kyle didn’t even see Max’s fist coming… his head flew back as he cried out in pain.

“My nose … you broke my nose!”

That was the last words they ever heard from him after Max threw him out the door and slammed it shut.

He ran to Liz his eyes full of concern.

“Are you ok? Did he hurt you?”

Max sat down on the couch and pulled her onto his lap. Lovingly he rocked her back and forth while stoking her hair.

"I'm so sorry I left you here with him. I'm so sorry Liz"

She quietly cried in his arms still hearing Kyle’s words in her head.

“Shh it’s over now. I promise he’ll never hurt you again Liz. I’m here and I’m not going anywhere.”

Liz nodded holding onto him for dear life.

“Don’t let go Max …please just hold me”

“I’ll never let you go Liz”

“Never”
Last edited by jake17 on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: A Simple Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Adult)chpt 16 6/12/08

Post by jake17 »

begonia9508: hello Eve, thanks so much for staying with another one of my stories for so long! :wink: I've loved every one of your passionate fb's! I really hope you like this ending! :D
Keepsmiling7: It took a minute but Max came through! love having you here! thanks so much for all of your geat fb! hope you enjoy this last part! :D
angelina: hello sweetie! yes I agree kyle is an asshole! :twisted: But he's gone! :D yay! thanks so much for always being here and bumping my story! Hope so much you like my ending. :D
Natalie36: Love you to the point fb as always Natalie!! :lol: So happy you have been here!thank you so much!! :D
ythaler: Hi Yatie! I hate him too! :wink: thank you so much for all your incredibly positive fb! loved seeing you here! :D
IHeartMax:
IheartMax wrote: I'm so happy Max broke Kyle's nose but he should have broken more than that!
:lol: :lol: Im not saying a word... but we both know what iM thinking seashell! :lol: thank you so much for always being so kind and supportive to me. you are the greatest! Hope you like my fantasy ending! :wink: :D
twilight: Yes Kyle can just screw himself!! love it!! thanks so much for your great fb! I so appreciate it! :D
tinie38: Hello Kris! Another story finished! and Im so happy you've been so kind to read this one too! thank you so much! I hope you like the ending! :D
roswell4life:
roswell4life wrote:yyyyyyyeeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!! sooo glad max broke his nose!!! greatest update ever but poor liz i hope max can put her back together again....
:D I just loved that! thank you so much for being here! hope you like my ending! :D

Hello Everyone!
Well this is my last chapter so I just want to thank everyone above and the one's that have left me fb in the past. I've saved it all and will cherish all your kind words.. thank you so much for all your support!
I'd also like to thank you lurkers out there for taking the time to read my little story.

I really hope everyone enjoys Max and Liz's ending ...or beginning depending how you look at it! :wink:
thanks again,
Carrie :D

Chapter 16.

Max stayed by her side that entire day. He was determined to prove to her that Kyle’s words were meaningless. That there was nothing she could ever do or say that would change his feelings for her.

When she was finally calm enough he explained why he ran out the way he did when he first laid eyes on Kyle. Liz was stunned that it could be the same person and immediately felt horrible that Max was forced to relive his nightmare again and that she was somehow a part of that.

At the end of the day they were both exhausted physically and emotionally but Max still wanted to take care of her.

After they dined on his famous grilled cheese and tomato soup he went to the other room and drew her a bath. He filled the water with some relaxing lilac soap beads that he had found in her cabinet and lit white candles all around the room.

Kyle’s words to her still burned through his mind like a painful fire. All he wanted to do forever was make up for all the horrible words he had said to her… all the nightmarish thing he had done to her. Max was determined to fill her days and nights with love and adoring compassion.

She would never want for anything or lack for affection and love. She was his now and all he cared about was her happiness …her heart.

When her bath was finished her scooped her up from the couch and carried into the bathroom. She didn’t move a muscle while he undressed her and placed her in the steamy water.

“Max you really don’t have to –

“I want to … I want to make up for all the pain and loneliness you’ve been through. I want you to understand that you are safe and loved now and that will never fade…never go away. “

“Max”

“Shh just relax now… you’ve been through enough…let me take care of you”

And she did.

Max gently washed her body in the most loving way…massaging every tired achy muscle. He cared for each part - each area of her skin as if it were glass …fragile and rare. When he was finished with her body he tenderly washed her long dark hair.

After picking her up and placing her down on his lap… he carefully wrapped a large terry towel around her and dried her gently and slowly. The whole time whispering words of love and devotion.

After he was finished he carried her to the bed and placed her under her large down comforter and floral sheets.

“Rest we have a big day tomorrow…I love you”

“I love you too’

Max went to work cleaning her house and washing the dishes. He wanted to make her feel as if this day never existed as if the perfect bubble that they had been living in had never been disturbed.

When he was finished he slipped into bed with her and she unconsciously rolled into his arms.. which is where she stayed. Tucked tightly in his embrace the entire night ..safe from the cold winter air …safe from everything.

The next day was the day before Christmas Eve and they had plenty to do. During the day they went shopping for some last minute gifts. They had to pick up a grab bag gift for her work Christmas party that they would be attending that night. They also bought a bunch of toys for the local charity for children in need.

After a romantic lunch at a nearby bed and breakfast they hurried home to wrap their presents and bake a few more of Liz’s hard as rocks but very tasty cookies for the neighbors.

Max stood in front of the mirror at his home and adjusted the tie he was clearly not used to wearing. He pulled a picture form the corner of the mirror of the two of them and smiled. ‘I can’t believe your mine’

As they danced under the chandelier at the Winter Gate Ball Room they gazed at eachother.

“Liz?”

She stared into his soft amber eyes and sighed wondering what wonderful thing he was going to say to her next.

“Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?”

Liz smiled and blushed as she tried to give him her best look …which came off as I’m cute as hell but trying desperately to be sexy.

“Only about a hundred times”

“Have I told her how pretty your dress is? “

“Umm maybe fifty times”

“Well I have I told her that although I love your shoes you are killing my feet”

“What?! Oh my god Max why didn’t you say anything!”

Liz had been so caught up in the moment she never noticed that she had been intermittently stepping on his toes.

She backed away a little holding her hand to her mouth. ‘This man is a saint’

Max sighed with relief and gave her a wide grin.

“You know I wasn’t going to say anything but my toes were starting to get numb.”

The night was wonderful filled with laughter and conversation with her friends. Everyone was so thrilled for Liz. They always knew she deserved someone like Max.

That night they made love throughout the evening as the snow fell gently outside her window.

Nothing in her wildest dreams could have come close to the heaven…the absolute peace she found in his arms.

The next morning Liz peaked out from her blankets with excitement and squealed.

“Max ..wake up! Wake up! It’s Christmas Eve and it’s snowing!!”

‘Finally’ he thought to himself as he happily watched her trip over her pile of magazines on the floor and stumble across the room as she tried to pull her winter boots on.

‘God I love Her’

Liz looked back at him as he gazed at her. His thick black hair was tousled and he had a five o’clock shadow across his chin. He looked sexy as hell and completely adorable .

‘God I love him’

They spent the day playing in the snow …making angels and snowmen. Laughing away like children as they pelted eachother with snowballs.

After lots of hot chocolate and time spent in front of her fireplace getting warm… they decided to cook.

As night fell outside her little house they settled down at her dinning room table. As candles flickered everywhere they made a toast to their first Christmas Eve together.

After an evening of talking and snuggling under her big quilt staring at their first tree. Their first tree that was lopsided and full of large holes and just perfect in their eyes Liz soon began to fall asleep.

Max was not sleepy… not one bit. Right as the clock struck twelve he gently kissed her eyes lids and cheeks until she was fully awake.

“Liz honey… it’s Christmas….look it’s midnight.”

Liz looked up at the clock on the wall and pulled the quilt around her tight.

“Merry Christmas Max” she whispered sleepily.

“Wait Liz look there’s something under the tree for you”

“What?”

Liz left the blanket on the ground and looked all around the bottom of the tree until she spotted a small black velvet box with a red ribbon tied around it.

She looked up at him completely confused. She knew they had decided to give each other their presents tomorrow.

“What? Max I don’t understand”

“I don’t know maybe Santa sneaked in here and left it for you”

Liz bent down and picked up the tiny box. Slowly she opened it and gasped.

As she stood she went to look up at Max and was shocked to find him kneeling on the floor in front of her.

She was speechless …her breath was literally taken from her as she witnessed her one and only dream coming true.

“Max!”

His eyes filled with tears as he took her hand in his.

“Liz”

“Oh my god!”

“Liz”

“Oh my god !!!!”

Max started laughing through his watered eyes loving the fact that only her would talk through his big romantic speech.

“Liz please let me at least say the words to you!”

“Oh god .. I’m sorry .. I’m sorry Max … It’s just that …well .. OH MY GOD!”

“I know honey…I’m oh my goding myself in my head right along with you”

“Go on …please I’m sorry”

Liz stood looking down at him with the happiest of tears spilling down her face.

“Liz .. I love you more than you could ever hope to imagine. I want to take care of you… I want to laugh with you and raise a family with you. I want to spend every night falling asleep to your beautiful face and every morning waking up to your bright eyes.”

“You are everything to me.“

“Liz Parker will you marry me?”

Liz just stood there staring down at the gorgeous oval shaped diamond that glared brightly against the colored lights of the Christmas tree.

“Well?”

“Oh Max …Yes yes yes …I love you! Of course I’ll marry you!”

And on June 12th under the shade of the tall white birch trees that lined the two houses where they first met…. they married. Surrounded by their family and friends and some very special people up in heaven they spoke their vows to each other and kissed for the first time as husband and wife.

No one exactly knew what it was that brought them together. Some say it was a coincidence that they ended up living next door to each other. Others say it was Liz’s grandma Claudia up in heaven that had a hand in it. Others even say that it was the spirit of Max’s son Ben that lead him to exactly where he was supposed to be…to the only one that could mend his broken heart.

Still there are a few that believe it was just a Simple Twist of Fate...

Whatever it was these two goofy sweet people ended up living happily ever after together …forever …just as I believe it was always meant to be.

~ The End ~