When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Thank you very much Chrisken and Trude. That helped a lot. :)
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

Does anyone know Grandpa Dupree's first name? Ive looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find it. For a second, I thought Bobby and Meredith mentioned it, but I don't think they did. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It might not have been mentioned at all.
-Isabelle Santiago, Author of Scifi/Fantasy Romance
Not Every Girl Dreams of Prince Charming...
http://twistedfairytale.net
http://twistedfairytale.net/blog/
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

roswellianprincess16 wrote:Does anyone know Grandpa Dupree's first name? Ive looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find it. For a second, I thought Bobby and Meredith mentioned it, but I don't think they did. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It might not have been mentioned at all.
Not entirely certain but wasn't it Charles
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Zanity wrote:
roswellianprincess16 wrote:Does anyone know Grandpa Dupree's first name?
Not entirely certain but wasn't it Charles
When they first get to Laurie's house in Tucson, Michael includes "We're here to see Charles Dupree" in his introduction.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

Great, thank you!
-Isabelle Santiago, Author of Scifi/Fantasy Romance
Not Every Girl Dreams of Prince Charming...
http://twistedfairytale.net
http://twistedfairytale.net/blog/
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Liz Parker's Full Name and Birthday

Post by DreamerLaure »

I'm just checking something...Liz - was her full name Elizabeth Anne Parker or Elizabeth Ann Parker...Or, is that a part of the fanfic lore...I feel like it might have been said on the show, but I'm not sure :? And also (this one's probably a long shot) does anyone know when her birthday was - and, no, lol, I'm not talking about the day Max saved her at the Crashdown
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Well, the only two times "Elizabeth" was used was when the Judge called her name in Busted! and when she has that tag name in Panacea (where she chooses to go by Beth). Still, there was no mention of any "Ann" or "Anne" anywhere as far as I can recall.

We were never given a date to Liz's birthday, but there was somewhere where their ages were guessed according to various dates and car licenses according to NM laws... But I have no idea if it was in this thread...

Hope it helps!

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Elizabeth Parker is Cannon -- Anne or Ann or Claudia are Fanfic conventional middle names for her. As for her birthday:
Liz – May 16, 1983 or Sept./Oct. 1983: We base our assumptions on Liz’s age on three things: 1) She was driving in the episode “River Dog,” which would have made her 15 1/2 before November 1999 (See drivers license note below.). 2) Future Max referred to Liz as being 17 in late-October of 2000. 3) The age cut-off for school enrollment (discussed below) is August 31st, so she had to have turned 16 AFTER August 31st, otherwise we assume she was held back a grade. In the books, Liz Parker’s birthday was listed as May 16th. This could work and she could legally be driving in the fall with that date. However, that would make her a year behind in school. The most logical assumption is to place her birthday after August 31st, but before late October. Depending on the exact date, we might also have Liz still under 18 during the start of school for Busted.
Conflict: No conflicts with a birthday between September 1 and late October of 1983. However, the May 16, 1983 makes her 18 at her arraignment in the fall of 2001, where Philip was arguing that she was a minor. Also, a May 1983 date of birth would mean that Liz was a year behind in school but September/October 1983 would have her in the right grade.
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

OK thank you Misha and Zanity. That definitely opens up possibilities ;)
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

I don’t know if this is in the right place and I’m not sure if this is really a cannon question but I’ll ask anyway.

Is it really true that doctor’s can tell your gender based on blood? I know Liz said so it in Blood Brothers, but I’ve never heard anything like that. I’m not sure if it was true or just artistic license used by the writers to find a reason for it to have to be Alex that gave Max blood. Thanks to anyone that can help.

~Chad~