Alternate Universe Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Reamhar
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Reamhar »

#63 - taken by LairaBehr4
Last edited by Reamhar on Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

#64 - AU/NA, M/M (with some M/L & A/I) Must be Mature/Adult rating

The Empty Nest Challenge, which is based on the movie Failure to Launch

Phillip and Diane Evans have been happily married for thirty-five years, with two amazing, successful, independent children and one, not so independent. There’s Max Evans (32) and his twin sister Isabel Evans Whitman. Max is a successful surgeon and married to Liz Evans (30), a psychologist. They have two children. A son named Lucas Evans (6) and a daughter named Lauren Evans (4). Isabel is an attorney and partner at her father’s law firm, Evans and Evans. She’s married to Alex Whitman (32), who designs video games for Let’s Play. They have a son, named Drew [8]. And then, there’s Michael Evans, who at the moment is anything but the apple of his parent’s eye. He’s a 28 year-old, manager at The UFO Center, working the same job he’s had since high school. At first glance, he has everything going for himself. He’s handsome, single and drives a red, convertible BMW (his pride and joy). Take a closer look and you’ll see the problem that has plagued his parents for the last seven years.

Phillip and Diane are at a point in their lives where they would welcome the empty nest syndrome. The Evans are ready for Michael to get the heck out of dodge. However, that’s not quite possible, since Michael won’t leave the nest. He’s perfectly content living in his childhood home, mooching off of his parents.

Following a dinner with Max and Liz, Diane confesses their dilemma to Liz. Liz tells Diane about an episode of the Cathy Cox Show (New Mexico’s version of Oprah) she saw, in which there was a therapist on the show that specialized in this kind of thing, helping late bloomers into adulthood. She suggests they hire the woman to help ease Michael out of the house.

Maria Deluca is that therapist and she agrees to help the Evans get Michael out of the house, under the guise of being Liz’s college roommate. Thus, the start of ‘Operation: Get Michael Out Of The House’ begins.

Musts:
* Michael and Maria centered story with bits of M/L & A/I.
* Max and Liz have a barbeque, where Maria is introduced to Michael and the rest of the Evans clan.
* Michael actually knows what his parent have done because he overheard them on the telephone speaking with Maria.
* Since Michael thinks Maria is cute and being the player he is, he decides to go along with the farce and asks Maria out on a date.
* The attraction between Michael and Maria must be instantaneous and despite this being a job, Maria can’t deny her attraction to Michael.
* At some point, Maria must break her rules and kiss Michael (or have sex with him if you decide to write this as an adult fic).
* Maria gets drunk and accidentally spills the beans about ‘Operation: Get Michael Out Of The House’.
* Michael “plays” like he’s upset. The whole situation is amusing to him. Since his parents went through the trouble or hiring someone, he feels obligated to go along with it, so they can get their moneys worth, although he has no plans of moving out of his childhood home any time soon.
* Believing Michael to be upset with her, as an apology, Maria serenades Michael. It’s your choice where but other people have to be around.
* Michael and Maria must end up together and he finally moves out of the house.

There are certain stipulations that come along with taking the challenge, so pm me to find out the stipulations.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Taken by Lairabehr4
Last edited by Poison Ivy on Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

# 66

Taken by Heavenli24
Last edited by Poison Ivy on Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
CrashandBurn8321
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by CrashandBurn8321 »

I think this is the right place for this, if not, please let me know and I will change it.

Okay, I was cleaning up my room and putting stuff in plastic tubs and came across these books that I read like ten years ago called 'Girl Talk' and thought that one of them would make a good Roswell challenge. I just took the general idea from the book, everything else is purely me.

In the books, they are in junior high, but for the sake of the challenge they are in high school.

Basically, Max, Liz, Isabel, Alex, Michael, Maria, Kyle, and Tess (plus the entire 11th grade) have to take a year long computer class. The first semester of the class is them learning all the computer stuff (e.i. bit from a bite and other stuff like that.) The final for the class is going to take the entire second semester. Each class will be split up in to groups of 4 or 5 (depending on number of students in class) and each group has to come up with a computer program using everything that they learned first semester. The teacher has to approve the projects of course.

The girls are in a group together, because they want to get a good grade, as are the guys. You can add other characters to the story if you like.

The girl’s project is going to be a computer dating program. You know how those go, you answer a bunch of questions and they match you up with who you are most compatible with. Now, it’s been a few years since I’ve been in school so I don’t remember the type of questions but you can make some up.

The teacher agrees to have the class take the test and after the results are given to everyone, they will take a field trip to the movies or some other date type thing to see just how well the program worked. Each person is paired with the person that they scored the highest with.

All are fave couples are paired together (M/L, Mi/Ma, I/A, K/T). Other than that, if you have other people that can be paired how ever you want them.

Max and Isabel Evans-brother/sister
Michael and Liz Parker-brother/sister
Tess Harding-Michael and Liz’s stepsister
Kyle and Maria-stepbrother/sister
Alex Whitman-Maria’s cousin

~Normal couples
~Needs lots of funny stuff (i.e. pranks)
~The title of the book is ‘The Perfect Match’ , but it’s up to you what the title will be.
~They learn the BASIC language.
~Learn to use and analyze programs---You don’t actually have to know the stuff and write about it, just mention it. I don’t recall the book going into detail about it.
~Michael is a year older than Liz, but was held back by their mom in kindergarten because he wanted to stay with Liz.
~The girls have a girls night/sleep over every Saturday night at Isabel’s
~The guys all play a different sport
~Liz is the not so popular girl in school and is secretly in love with Max
~Maria using the phrase “That’s it! I’m doomed.” at some point about the project.
~Liz and Michael’s dad married Tess’s mom and moved to the rich part of town where their friends live.
~Liz and Tess don't get along
~At one of the girls sleepover they go skating in the back yard (they have a small building in the back with a rink), Max invites the guys over to spy on the girls to figure out what they are doing for the project and Michael trips Liz while she’s skating and Max catches her before she falls.
~You can add whatever else you want to throw in. I don't care what rating it is.

Yeah, that’s about all I can think of.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

#68 M/L -- Taken by LairaBehr4

Challenge text moved to:

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 420#551420
Last edited by Zanity on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DramastarOF06
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DramastarOF06 »

#69 M/L TAKEN

AU W/no aliens. Adult rating.

Elizabeth Parker's family died when she was sixteen, leaving her with her mean and abusive aunt and uncle. Liz spent two years with them, enduring their treatment of her, but on her 18 birthday Liz ran away from home to New York City. Once she was there Liz found a job as a bartender. The owner of the bar, Philip Evans, took her under his wing, treating her as if she were his own daughter.

Then, four years later, the Philip's estranged son resurfaces and claims he wants the bar when his father retires. Liz is furious, seeing as how Philip promised to leave the bar to her. Upon meeting, Liz and Max, Philip's son, but heads. Philip proposes a competition to see which one of them could run the bar the best, let the games begin...

**Must Haves**
-Maria, Michael, Alex, Kyle, and Tess must all work at the bar.
-Isabel must be Max's snotty sister, who falls for Alex.
-Liz's aunt and uncle must come to the bar, claiming to miss her terribly, but Max suspects something fishy about them and comes to Liz's defense.
-Must be Adult.
-Must be CC

Everything else is fair game. Please someone take this. I'll even make the banner for it myself. :wink:
Last edited by DramastarOF06 on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lin4u
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lin4u »

# 70

Taken by Lairabehr4
Last edited by Lin4u on Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
***Lin***
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Taken by Dreamer-Laure
Last edited by Poison Ivy on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Fics

Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

I've got a bunch of ideas that I was going to work on but unfortunately, I don't have the time. So I thought I'd share. :)

AU

Liz Parker was raised by her grandmother, Claudia, after her parents died when she was 10 years old. Liz's lineage is special. They are the protectors of the Keepers.

The Keepers are sentinels of the Granolith and are bound to protect it with their life. Over the centuries, the Keepers have been hunted until only 3 are left - Max, Michael, and Isabel. The 3 of them are in hiding.

The Granolith is an ancient device that controls time and space and it happens to be hidden in a rock face in New Mexico.

Daniel Pierce is a technological tycoon (think of him as an evil Bill Gates ;) ) and is obsessed with the legend of the Granolith. He's done his research and found out about the Keepers and is now after them.

Liz is relunctantly thrown into the mix when her grandmother reveals her heritage and her duty. It's up to her to protect the Keepers and in turn protect the location of the granolith.

- it's up to the writer if he/she wants to include the alien factor into the story.
- Liz and Max must be attracted to each other but bound by their duty (forbidden love)
- M/L eventually give in to their desires but their indescretion leaves them compromised when Isabel gets kidnapped during their tryst.
- Michael is still surly and hot-tempered (just like on the show)

Any other questions, just send me a pm.
<center>Image</center>