Walking By (CC,M/L,ADULT) COMPLETE

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

Usually, now would be the part where i come back with some excuse as to why i havent updated in a while, but i got nada. All i've got is saying I'm sorry and telling you that in all honesty i just completely forgot about writing.

So yes, because you dont want to hear me babbling, i'm just gonna say thanks for all the wonderful fb and then get onto the next chapter:

<center>Chapter 31

~Liz~
</center>

I bite my bottom lip and lower my eyes when I reach around to unclasp my black lace bra. His eyes are like lasers, following my every movement. I try to hide the blush his golden eyes cause but it’s futile. Max Evans will always have this effect on me.

His soft gasp makes the butterflies in my stomach do leaps when I remove my bra completely and drop it on the ground next to his bed. I raise my eyes slightly to see his expression, but instead I’m taken back by the extreme picture he makes.

His golden skin, rippling and taut reflects the dim light of the room with a golden glow. His perfect body on full display for me, and his wrists fixed with the black silk tie above his head creates an erotic moment that I’ll forever remember. I feel myself get hotter as I continue to sit here and stare at the naked Adonis tied up on the bed. How is it possible I’m this lucky?

What makes this the special the most is that he trusts me enough to be a willing participant. I’m not even sure if I would agree to this if the tables were turned. This erotic haze is so out of character for both of us that the thrill of what we’re doing, whilst the entire house is packed with people that we’ve known all our lives, is amazing. No one would have ever guessed that Liz Parker, straight A student and all around nerd would be into bondage with her alien boyfriend.

“Liz…” Max whispers out to me, his voice full of concern and his eyes questioning. “We don’t have to do this if-”

Silenced by a long kiss, he lays back down against the pillows satisfied to just watch me with baited breath as I remove the final piece of clothing in between us. I rest my legs so they’re flanking each of his thighs and place trembling hands on his chest to support myself. This is something new for us, all these times having only made love the normal way.

Silently, I sink down on his engorged flesh and take a moment to adjust to the new feeling inside of me. Max hisses underneath me, his wrists straining at the tie, yet he’s determined to do as I say and not use his powers to break free and touch me. I have all the control this time, and it’s exhilarating.

I try to relax but the position we’re is just too uncomfortable. I rock softly against him, thinking that maybe it’ll become more comfortable and I just have to get used to it, but it only hurts me more.

“Liz?” I hear the worry in Max’s voice, his eyes wide and looking up at me. I rock again, trying to put on a brave face and at least pretend that I’m enjoying this position but he can see right through me.

“T-try and lean forward. Maybe t will help?” he suggests, holding himself back with straining self-control. He wants me to move so bad, to rub myself over him and bring him to the brink, but he wont do it until I’m comfortable. His wrists pull at the binds, momentarily forgetting that he no longer has the freedom of movement with his hands.

I do as Max suggests and lean forward slightly, bracing myself with both palms flat on his strong chest. The discomfort in my lower body dissolves, giving me the chance to feel just how full I am. I never thought that I would feel Max so deep inside of me, like our bodies are entwined permanently, but as I start to move on top of him, the pleasure building slowly and steadily, it begins to feel as if we’re no longer two separate entities, but one.

I push myself up and down over his thick length, using my knees to move and my hands to balance. The sweat starts to build on both our bodies, both our skin feverish with desire. I moan softly every time Max thrusts his hips up and hits my sweet spot, but the inexperience we both have and the tiredness of both our bodies makes it harder to move.

I look down at his gorgeous face to find his head thrown back, looking up at me with hooded, desire laden eyes. His hands flex and clench, straining not to rip through the material and touch me.

God how I want him to touch me.

“Ten, nine, eight…”

The voices of the crowd outside counting down the last few seconds of this year filters in through the walls, but we hardly notice, too focused on the pinnacle of pleasure that lingers just out of our reach. I feel the pace start to slacken, my muscles weak from having to do all the work on my own and I let out a small whimper. “Max… help me.”

In a flash he uses his powers to dissolve the tie that bound his hands and places them on my hips, aiding my tired movements with a heightened strength. I feel it start to build up, so close yet still out of my reach.

“… seven, six, five…”

He leans up and seals our lips with a breathless kiss. We drink in each other’s air and roll over until he’s on top, pounding into my body and brining us that much closer.

“… four, three, two, one…”

Time stills, the breath pushed out of my lungs as a tidal wave sweeps through my body and I moan out in pleasure, pain and everything in between. He calls out with me at the same time, both our voices drowned out by the cheering of a new year.

“Maaaaxxxxxxxxxxx…”

“Lizzzzzzz…”

“Happy new year!”

Max’s strong body collapses on top of mine, our hearts pounding in time and our veins pulsing with a fire that would rival any explosion. He raises his heavy eyes to mine and I blush from his burning gaze. He simply smiles down at me and brushes the damp hair off my forehead.

“Happy new year Liz.” His husky tone is like a rich honey, full of love and promise. I find myself hypnotized by the way he says my name.

I smile up at him and bite my bottom lip, suddenly reverting back into my shy little girl stage. Yet, I surprise myself with what I whisper out next.

“You can say that again.”

<center>~*~*~*~*~*~</center>

“Agh, sleeping on a lumpy couch all night in high heels with piece of string up your ass that’s meant to pass as a thong is a bitch!” Maria grumbles and she walks into the kitchen awkwardly the next morning. Her normally perfect hair is sticking out in all directions and her makeup from last night is all smudged. She looks like hell.

When I woke up this morning, it was to find myself in a strange room with a strange warmth pressing down on my body. Upon opening my eyes I was met with the most adorable picture I’ve ever seen. Max was snoring softly to himself against his pillow, his hair all rumpled from sleep and our activities last night. His boyish features made the innocence he holds even more apparent in sleep. Our naked bodies were entwined intimately, warming me from the inside out.

I lay in his bed for about an hour, trying to get back to my precious sleep with my wonderfully naked boyfriend, but in the end gave it up for emptying my bladder and relieving my dry throat. Un-attaching myself from Max’s delicious body without waking him up was hard enough in the first place, but finding where all my clothes happened to end up was an even bigger task.

When I couldn’t find my shirt, no matter how hard I tried, I gave up and rummaged around in Max’s drawers as quietly as I could until I found his olive green shirt that I love so much. I pulled it over my head and pulled my hair out from under the collar, only to look up and find golden eyes gazing up at me sleepily.

“Hey.” I whispered softly, walking back around and crawling on top of the bed. Muscular arms immediately pulled me into their tight embrace and I sighed contently from how safe Max always manages to make me feel. I rested my head on his naked chest and listened to the soft beat of his heart.

“Morning,” his husky voice mumbled against my hair. He smiled up at me crookedly, eyes shining full of love and entertainment when his fingers reach out to stroke back wayward strands of hair that had fallen in front of my face. “My shirt is way too big on you.”

“Hmm… I like it. It smells like you.” Max smiled down at me knowingly. He was more than aware that another reason why I love this shirt so much is because it was the one he was wearing that momentous day in the Crashdown when I learnt his secret and my life was saved from a bullet.

I looked up at his face and traced the small amount of stubble growing along his defined jaw line. His eyes fluttered, trying desperately to stay open but soon they proved to be too heavy and fell closed.

“Where are you going?” He mumbled softly, fighting off sleep. He buried his head in the crook of my next and inhaled deeply.

“Nowhere.” I assured him. The hand that was tracing lazy circles on my lower back stilled and soon the soft snoring sound ignited once more. After making sure that he was definitely asleep I disengaged myself from his penetrating warmth and eased silently out of his room and down the hallway, wincing slightly when I passed the lounge room and its current state. I was surprised to find the door unsealed since I remember last night that Max made sure no one could interrupt, but then I remembered that sometime late into the night I woke up to find myself alone in the bed. I fell back asleep before I could worry that he wasn’t there.

A few sleeping bodies were randomly placed around the room, two of them belonging to Maria and Michael. They somehow managed to claim the largest lounge and were both stretched out alongside each other, Michael’s protective hand resting around Maria's waist as they slept.

I don’t know how they can both convince themselves that they’ll never work out when its clear, even in sleep, how much they love each other. But I guess that I can’t really talk. How much time did Max and I waste being apart this last year? Love can make you do stupid things sometimes. In the end I guess its just a test of what you listen to more; your mind or your heart?

I walked into the kitchen, expecting to find myself alone, but instead I found Isabel sitting at the table quietly watching Blue’s Clues on the small television set. She looked up and gave a tired nod of greeting, pointing over to the hot pit of coffee that was sitting on the bench top.

“Maria, its your own poison when you voluntarily choose to wear high heels and a scrap of lace up your ass all night.” I point out with a sweet smile, coming out of my memories and back into the present.

“Jesus Liz, how can you be so friging cheery in the morning?” She growls out grumpily, yawning softly into her hand. My face blushes a deep pink when I think back to what, or more correctly who, made me so happy this morning.

She gives me a quizzical look, but her eyes go wide when it suddenly dawns on her. “Oh, right.” Maria deadpans, pulling out a seat and plopping down in front of the television next to Isabel.

I walk over to where I think they keep their coffee mugs and internally do a little cheer when I’m proven right. Yay me. I pull out two and fill them both up with the hot mixture. Seeing the Tabasco sauce sitting in the middle of the counter, I reach out and pour a little into one of the mugs.

So what if I know exactly how Max likes his coffee? Sue me.

I pick up the mugs, prepared to walk back into Max’s room and find some creative yet equally devilish way to wake him up when I’m saved the trouble. He walks into the kitchen, hair tussled and bare chested, looking like the sexiest thing I have ever seen. I lick my lips when he looks up at me, his deep eyes blazing with desire.

An affable blush creeps up my cheeks and I bite my bottom lip when he starts to stalk my way. His arms wrap around my waist, his bare chest pressed tightly against me and his craving for privacy evident by the bulge in his jeans. Max leans down gently towards me, his hand coming up to burry in my messy hair.

Unfortunately though, just before his lips can reach mine, Maria's voice breaks through our sexual haze like a bucket of ice cold water. “Oh Jesus, don’t tell me you two are going to go at it again? Are you sure that it was alien DNA and not rabbits?”
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

You all have no faith! Do you really think i'm going to bring in evil when my dreamers are just getting happy? Pft, no faith what so ever.

Um, yeah, this is another one of those annoying filler chapters. I'm posting tonight since i dont know if i'll be home to post tomorrow.

If your bored and hate Tess but love Alex, i posted a new fic in the AA called The Noose. If you like Tess even a little bit i advise not reading it. :?

Thanks for your fb guys.

<center> Chapter 32

~Max~
</center>

“Max…” Liz moans as I press her further into the wall of the hallway, sucking her plumb bottom lip into my mouth and letting it go with a small ‘pop’. I love her bottom lip. “We can’t…”

“Yes we can,” I say, rubbing my erection against her hot centre. She moans again when my lips attack her neck and my hands go for a wandering journey down her back to cup her ass. I don’t know how I got this horny, but God I want her.

She lifts her smooth legs up and wraps them around my waist, arching her back into me when I hit a particular spot on her neck. I hold her tightly against me and carry us back into my room, slamming the door closed with my foot and dropping us both onto my rumpled bed.

My hands attack the shirt of mine that she's wearing, furiously pulling it over her head for a chance to taste her sweet skin. Her hands are just as eager, unzipping my fly and pushing my jeans and boxers down my legs with her feet.

Her teeth nip at my skin, a playful smirk etched across her features. We both know that we could be caught any minute. All they have to do is figure out that neither of us is cleaning up after the party anymore and soon enough they’ll come barrelling through the door and find us in some compromising position. But it seems as though neither of us care right now.

There's nothing slow about this. As soon as my olive shirt that Liz was wearing hits the floor I’m pulling her underwear down her legs. The need to be with her, to be one is so strong that I feel guilty. It shouldn’t be about ravishing her; it should be about loving her. But I can’t stop.

I jump in startled surprise when I feel her small hand rolling the latex onto my length. My eyes rise up to meet hers and I see the urgency blazing in her eyes as well. She licks her lips seductively and I’m stunned by her beauty. It seems like every time I see her she takes more and more of my breath away.

Her soft hand splays across the small of my back and her hips rise to meet mine. I’m completely surrounded by her warmth, the power we create surging through my veins until I’m tingling.

We move together slickly, swallowing each other’s moans of pleasure in order to not draw attention to ourselves. The build up is intense, the explosion out of this word. My mind is catapulted with images from inside her head; Liz as a baby, Liz as a little girl, Liz now. But then my favourite image comes when I reach the pinnacle of ecstasy, the image of this moment: Liz with her head thrown back in pleasure and her eyes closed as the orgasm moves from inside me to inside her.

We collapse together breathlessly. I roll off her small body, afraid to crush her with my dead weight. I let out a final breath and run a shaky hand through my hair once I’m laying beside her on my back. Small arms wrap around my waist, silky strands of chocolate hair tickling my skin as Liz rolls over to lay beside me, her head resting on my chest and her eyes looking up into mine.

We just sit together in comfortable silence, sated from our lovemaking and content to just revel in each other. My hand traces random patterns across her back, the need to touch her too intense to deny it.

“I think when they were creating you they overdosed little to much on the stamina,” Liz purrs against me. I’m not sure whether I was just insulted or complimented. The small smile playing on her lips tells me it was the later, and the soft kiss she places over my heart confirms it.

“Don’t act like you don’t love it.” Say as I shift down under the blankets so we’re lying face to face, my hands idly playing with loose strands of her hair. “Besides, lions can mate up to fifty times a day. I’m just trying to keep up with the competition.” I smirk, loving the small blush that creeps up her neck and stains her cheeks.

I lean in closer and nip at her lips playfully, taking my sweet time before I press my lips against hers for a fervent kiss that leaves us both gasping. “I love you,” I whisper out, brushing back the errant strands of her hair behind her ear.

Yet before she can reply, sing song voices from outside my room seep in through the door. “We love you too Max!”

“How are things with Tess going, Kyle?” Isabel asks him at lunch the next week at school. Liz’s small hand reaches underneath the table and gives mine a squeeze, her sympathetic smile warming my heart slightly.

I still feel strange around Tess. I know that she doesn’t remember anything about who she was, but that day when she tried to get into my head… I guess you could say it scared me for life. I saw her walking down the corridor this morning and purposely went the long way around the school to get to class just so I could avoid her.

I guess I’m constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. Everything right now is so perfect, and I’ve never had perfect before. My life has always been about danger, waiting for someone to find out who we are, what we are. So naturally, I’m waiting for it to all turn sour.

Kyle and the Sheriff have been doing everything they can to welcome this new Tess, yet it’s easy to see that everyone is still a little skittish around her. Everyone, except Liz. You would think that she would have the most reason to hate Tess considering what the girl was planning on doing to her, yet out of everyone, Liz has been the one to go out of her way and welcome this new Tess, to be her friend.

It confuses me how Liz can be so good to someone who hates her so much, but then I’m reminded about one of the reasons why I love her so much; her heart and the great capacity she has to forgive.

“She’s fine. Still doesn’t leave the house much, but its only just been over two weeks, so I guess she's still a little bit confused with everything.” He replies glumly, and I can’t help the shame that overrides my body. Kyle thought of Tess as a sister, and sometimes it appeared like it was even more than that, but because of me, I took her away from him.

“Have we figured out what we’re going to do if she gets her memory back?” Michael asks through a mouthful of pizza. Maria slaps him across the back of the head and he bites his tongue, coughing down his mouthful of food before levelling her with an incredulous glare. “What the hell was that for?”

“For eating with your mouth full Michael! Hasn’t anyone ever taught you any manners?” She scolds.

Things haven’t changed that much between them since the party. Michael is constantly whining to me about how he fucked it up with Maria, and I still have to be the supportive best friend and listen to his never ending problems, all the while dreaming of some time alone with my girlfriend. Maybe if he just tried once in a while instead of complained, something would work in his favour, but I don’t think he’s realised that yet.

“Max!” Isabel yells, snapping me back into the conversation with a foot in the shin.

“What?” I yelp, rubbing my now sore leg and glaring at her across the table from me. She’ll pay for that later tonight.

“Answer the dame question Maxwell.” Michael growls, sending daggers in Maria's direction and still rubbing the back of his head where she hit him.

“I don’t know,” I sigh, sinking down further into my seat. I lower my eyes guiltily to the table. “I honestly have no idea.”

“We need to figure out something. We don’t know if this is temporary memory loss or permanent.” Maria says, taking a small bite of her carrot stick.

“We don’t even know if she's just acting. I mean, it’s been two weeks. She could have gotten her memory back long before now and has been playing us this entire time.” Isabel adds to the dread.

Liz’s hand squeezes mine once again. She lifts our entwined fingers to her lips and places a gentle kiss on the back of my hand. I smile down at her in thanks, ignoring the groans around the table as everyone witnesses our silent display of affection.

“Ugh, get a room.” Kyle groans, burying his head under his arms.

“They had one, remember, and we interrupted them.” Maria smirks at us. I feel heat creep up my neck and move into my ears which I know are bright red. Thankfully, Alex chooses this moment to come bouncing out of the cafeteria doors and join us for lunch.

“Howdy ho, how is everyone today?” He asks with a freakishly cheery smile, taking a seat in between Isabel and Kyle.

“Do you ever run out of battery?” Michael groans tiredly.

“Not today my dear green gilled friend, because today I managed to escape detention from Miss Hardy… again!”

“How?” Liz questions suspiciously. It’s a well known fact that once you get detention with Miss Hardy, unless your dead, its almost impossible to get out of it. Its her way of showing discipline. Sure, she acts all nice and sweet at first, but if you do something to piss her off, the claws come out.

“Promised to upgrade her computer software for her.” He shrugs like its no big deal. “So, what did I miss?”

“We were just talking about Max and Liz’s sexcapades.” Maria says, smiling sweetly at us both and earning a table full of cringes and groans, he loudest from Isabel. I can sympathise. I wouldn’t want to know about what she gets up to on all of her dates either.

“Oh, that reminds me!” Alex practically shouts after taking a bite of his sandwich. “Did you know that two rabbits left undisturbed for three years can multiply up to thirteen million times? That’s almost three thousand times a day!”

When everyone just looks at him confused eyes, Liz leans up and places her lips against my ear with a devious smile. She whispers so only I can hear.

“Not so proud of the lions now, are you?”

TBC...

My Stuff

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

Eh, its crappy but i havent really had enough time to do anything better. I'll try and update again next week. Sorry for my lateness and thanks for all your fb as always.

<center> Chapter 33

~Liz~ </center>

I rummage around in my locker trying to find my biology text book so I can meet Max for lunch without having to worry about coming back here later, but I have so much crap in my locker its hard to find anything at all. When I finally manage to get my hands on the book, I make a mental note to yell at Maria for dumping all of her shit in my locker and check my watch for about the fifth time.

1:30. Shit, I’m ten minutes late. Max is probably going think I’ve been abducted or something. I shoulder my bag and slam my locker door shut, glancing down at my watch once more to make sure I really am ten minutes late and I wasn’t just imagining it.

“Tess!” I yelp when I turn around about to sprint down the corridor and run into the small blonde. She reaches out a surprised hand to steady me before I can fall over. I smile thankfully at her in return.

“Hi Liz.” She greets softly, nibbling on her bottom lip with an unsure smile. I cant say that I still don’t get the strange feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I see her, but thankfully its lessened slightly with this new and improved Tess.

A pang of guilt fills me when I see how hesitant she is around everyone now. The old Tess would have never acted like this, even if she were trying to manipulate someone. Pretending to be defenceless wasn’t something that she would ever try and use against someone. She was all about power and control. Not to mention that the old Tess would never willingly come up and talk to me like this.

“How are you doing?” I ask sympathetically as we slowly start to walk down the corridor.

“I’m okay.” She shrugs like its no big deal that she has no memory. “It’s just a little strange, you know? People come up to me and start talking to me about things that happened months ago and are surprised when I don’t remember any of it.”

I nod to show I’m listening and she goes on. “I guess not many people have heard about the chick that lost her memory. I feel so stupid right now. And its not like I have any friends I can go and ask about stuff. ” She finished bitterly, and for the first time since months ago I see that little bit of the Tess Harding we all know and hate flash through her eyes. Seconds later it’s gone, and she reverts back to the lost little girl that we’ve all gotten used to.

“It’ll get better. Just give it time and people will start to come around. I guess they’re just a bit nervous about saying the wrong thing.” I try and supply, but the only reaction she gives is a pathetic smile.

“I don’t think so Liz. Every time I go into a room you all seem to flinch away from me. Especially Max.” My entire body tenses at the mention of my boyfriend. Perhaps Tess isn’t as unobservant at the moment as we all hoped for.

“He never looks at me, and he never talks to me or anything. He just kind of stands there like a stunned rabbit every time I’m in the room with him.” Tess finishes sadly.

“Max is just… cautious… around people. He’s shy as well. It’s just the way he was brought up when he was younger.” I try and supply. This conversation is making me slightly uncomfortable. Why does Tess care about what Max thinks so much? Perhaps she does remember some things from the old Tess, or perhaps she just gets the same feelings about people when she looks at them.

“Liz, I didn’t-” she starts, but falters around the right words to say. “I didn’t do anything to him, did I? I mean the old me, the one I can’t remember. He just… does he hate me for some reason?”

The concern in her voice astounds me. Its not concern that the person she's in love with doesn’t love her back, but its actual guilt that perhaps the old her wasn’t someone to be proud of. She's generally worried that she may have hurt someone being who she was.

I open my mouth and look up, ready to supply a spontaneous reason for why Max is acting so skittish around her, but I’m caught off guard by the ochre eyes staring at me from the end of the corridor. He stands up from his resting place against the wall as soon as he sees me walking with Tess. I can see the muscles in his hands flexing, ready to subtly strike with his powers at the first sign of any trouble. I desperately try and convey to him with my eyes that it’s all right and that nothing is wrong; we’re simply talking. He relaxes slightly, but continues to stare at us heatedly for the remainder of our conversation.

“No Tess, he doesn’t hate you.” I struggle to say with as much conviction in my voice as I can muster. “He doesn’t trust others easily, that’s all. You just have to break down his walls a bit and eventually he’ll come around.”

She breathes a small sigh of relief at the knowledge that no one hates her and looks up at me with a thankful smile. “Liz, for what its worth, the parts I have seen of Max around here, you can tell that he’s utterly in love with you. He can’t sit in a room and not be staring at you. It’s amazing really. I never thought I would see anything like that. It’s true love.”

I bite my bottom lip as a blush creeps over my cheeks. I already knew that Max loved me, but the fact that its plain for everyone to see, and that one of my worst enemies can admit that its real, fills me with this giant desire to drag Max into the nearest room and show him just how much I love him back.

“I better let you go. I’ve stolen enough of your lunch already and I think Max is getting impatient.” She says slyly, nodding in the direction of where Max is still standing watching us intently. I blush an even deeper shade of red. She knew he was there all this time?

“Bye Liz.” She says, walking off into the throng of students before I can reply. I stand there in contemplation of what she said and jump a little in surprise when two strong arms wrap around my waist and a beautiful head of dark raven hair rests on my shoulder.

“You okay?” He murmurs in my ear huskily. My heart thumbs at double speed from his concern. This boy is truly amazing.

“I’m perfect.” I reply, leaning back into his embrace. We stand and watch everyone moving to their desired destinations for what seems like forever. Everything moves in slow motion around us, like time is somehow suspended.

An unsettling feelings creeps up my spine as we watch everyone walk past. I can feel something big is coming, and I’m afraid to find out what. Unfortunately for us, I have a sneaking suspicion that the cause of it just walked away from me.

“We should do something… normal.” His rasping voice sighs underneath me.

I raise one eyebrow and look down at our entwined bodies before looking back up at Max’s smirking face pointedly. “Um, isn’t this classed as normal?” I ask gesturing at the intimate position we’re currently lying in on his bed.

He dragged me back to his house after school, promising me that we would study for our biology quiz next week, but that plan went out the window as soon as he had me safely shut in his bedroom. We didn’t do anything as remotely sexual as we both would have hoped for since Isabel and Mrs Evans are downstairs, but that didn’t prevent some heavy making out for a few hours.

“No, that’s not what I meant.” Max smiles, throwing himself back against the mattress in an overly dramatic way. “I mean like something that normal teenagers do, like, um, go camping!”

“Camping?” I raise one an incredulous eyebrow as I stare down at him. “Never in my life have I heard of normal teenagers going camping. Half the teenager’s heads around here would explode if they lost even a bar of reception on their mobiles.”

All of a sudden Max flips us over so I’m wedged between his hard body the soft mattress of the bed. He smiles softly down at me, entwining both of my hands with his. He lifts our joint hands up over my head so they’re resting on the pillow above me. The position we’re in reminds me of that night not to long ago where Max was in my pose and I was the one in control. Heat flushes my entire body and when my eyes meet the darkened orbs of Max’s I know he’s remembering the night as well.

His lips are soft and sensual when they meet mine seconds later, igniting a numinous fire that burns from my insides to my fingertips. Our mouths caress in a sweet dance that leaves me wanting more.

Max’s soft hand comes and tucks a loose strand of my hair behind my ear, cupping my cheek out of habit and caressing the side of my face with his thumb. “I figure that since we always tell our parents that we’re camping when we’re off fighting some new evil alien, why not actually tell the truth this time? Besides,” He adds as an after thought, dipping his head once more to capture my mouth in a searing kiss. “It’ll be just you and me, all weekend, without any friends or family to interrupt us.”

“Hmm…” I murmur when his lips depart from mine once more. “Camping’s sounding better by the minute.”

TBC...

My Stuff

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

Oh God, this is the suckiest chapter i've ever written. Sorry that it jumps and skips parts and is just awful. I wanted to get it out before i go away for the weekend, so sorry once again:

<center> Chapter 34

~Max~ </center>

“Uh, Liz?” I ask while staring at the five other people standing in front of me. They all have hiking packs sitting on the path in front of them. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what's going on.

“Yes Max?” She asks sweetly from beside me. When I turn my head to look at her she simply smiles up at me innocently.

Innocent my ass.

“Why are there five other people coming on our private camping trip?” I question back just as sweetly. She sighs to herself, her shoulders drop and all the effort is gone from her demeanour.

“My dad wouldn’t let me go unless Maria came as well. You knew that would happen Max.” She says regretfully, wrapping her arms around her body and keeping her eyes rained to the floor. I look at the five people standing in front of me sadly. Maria just smiles and gives a nervous wave.

I smile back hesitantly before telling Liz quietly, “That still doesn’t explain the other four.”

“Maria knew that you and I would probably be… busy. She didn’t want to be the only girl, so that’s why Isabel is coming. She also didn’t want to be the only human, so that’s why Alex is coming. Michael’s coming because Alex didn’t want to be the only male.” She mumbles quietly, still not looking up from the ground.

“And Kyle?” I’m almost afraid to ask.

“Didn’t want to be left at home with Tess.” She finishes, looking up at me with tears in her eyes. “I’m so sorry Max. I know that you had this entire weekend panned for just the two of us, but this was the only way I was able to get my dad to say yes. I’m sorry if I ruined it. I’ll understand if you don’t want to go anymore.”

I wrap my arms around her small frame and pull her close to my chest, placing a delicate kiss on her forehead. “Of course I want to go. We’ll just have to find different ways to be alone this weekend, that’s all. You didn’t ruin anything.” I tell her softly so only she can hear.

“Are you sure?” Liz asks hesitantly. I simply pull her lips up to meet mine and she melts into my embrace. She just got her answer.

“Well, now that that’s over, lets get this show on the road.” Michael announces from beside the Jeep. Everyone piles into their junk into the back of the Jeep and Kyle’s Mustang, and soon we’re off, heading into the depths of Frazier Woods for our romantic weekend away… with everyone else tagging along.

“Valenti, what are you doing?” Michael questioned, walking over to where I was rolling out mine and Liz’s sleeping bag and Kyle was trying to figure out what pole went where in his tent. The setting sun created a luminous backdrop and bathed the surrounding scenery in a golden hue that looked almost magical. Not for the first time I long for it to be just Liz and I like I planned.

“Um, setting up my tent? Why, what's wrong?” Kyle asks, oblivious to the reason why Michael stopped him before he made an even bigger fool out of himself.

“It’s right next to Max and Liz’s tent.” Michael replied, stating the obvious.

“What's your point? If you want to be next to your damn king so bad you can go on the other side of them.” Kyle argued, clicking each of the poles into place as he went.

Michael smirked and shook his head pitifully. “With the way those two will be going at it tonight? No way in hell I’m going to get within five miles of them. But hey, if that’s what it takes to get you off…”

“You’re on your own.” Was Kyle’s hasty reply as he hurriedly packed up his tent and ran over to the other side of the campsite. Michael just laughed at his rapidly retreating form and I shook my head, going back to making the inside of the tent as comfortable as it could be in preparation for what I hope is a memorable night.

I sit entranced by the thick flame of the campfire in front of him. Michael’s gone to have a shower, Isabel’s in her tent and all four of the humans went for a walk when I was having his shower, and they still haven’t returned.

I like the peaceful silence of the outdoors, the way you can be alone with your thoughts and not have them interrupted by tires squealing streets away or a loud crowd of people. I also like the sense of normalcy it brings to do something like this. For once in my life I’m not Max Evans, alien king posing as a human and trying to stay alive. Instead I’m Max Evans, normal teenage boy, camping with my girlfriend and best friends and doing normal activities.

“Max…” I hear a female voice giggle from behind me. I whip my head around to face the intrusion and see a figure stumbling in the darkness. Her feet get caught on a root sticking up from the ground and before I know it, the girl is laying flat on the ground, her long, dark mane of hair floating as she falls.

“Liz?” I ask when the familiar giggles reach my ear. I run over to where she rolls around on the ground, tears of mirth falling from the corners of her eyes. She clutches her stomach and every time it seems as though she's calmed down, her giggles start all over again.

“Liz?” I ask once again, placing gentle hands on her shoulders to keep her from moving so much.

“Max!” Liz giggles in awe, reaching up to hug me with a vice grip. “I was lookink for yous.”

I notice immediately the slurred speech and her flushed cheeks. Adding two and two together, it quickly occurs to me that she's drunk.

“Liz, have you been drinking?” I question, pulling her up from the ground and holding her up steady.

“Yeps.” She says with a hundred watt smile. I just stare at her in disbelief, then a thought sudden occurs to me…

“Did Kyle get you drunk?” I have a very large suspicion that he would be behind this. Alex wouldn’t bring the alcohol and neither would Maria. They both know too well what it does to an alien.

“Uh huh.”

I’m going to kill him.

“Where is he?” I ask, already squinting in the dark trying to find the bastard who thought it would be funny to get Liz drunk. I know I should be angry at her for accepting the alcohol, but I’m hoping deep down that they somehow tricked her into taking it.

“Um,” she murmurs with a little giggle, looking around in the dark as well. “This way.”

She skips off into the forest that surrounds the camping grounds and I run to catch up to her. I grab onto her swinging arm and slow her down. She just smiles at me in the darkness and continues to walk, stumbling every now and then and letting out the occasional hiccup. We trek through the foliage for about two minutes, making sure to keep the lights from the camp site in view, until Liz trips over something and falls flat on her face with a loud ‘oompf’.

“Liz!” I say in surprise, helping her stand up straight and balance against a tree. She looks momentarily stunned, then her eyes refocus and look straight into mine. I feel her small hand brush up my left arm and shoulder, coming to a stop over my heart. Her other hand moves further downwards and up under my shirt, brushing over my abdomen with a feather light touch that has be drawing in air deeply.

“Max…” She says in a husky timbre, bring the hand on my heart up to stroke down my face. I move a step closer, pushing her gently against the large oak tree, my hands still on her hips to keep her balanced. She makes it perfectly clear what she wants.

“We can’t…” I murmur regretfully, our foreheads touching and our eyes locked, soul staring into soul.

“Why not?” She challenges, moving the small hand on my abdomen down lower to my rapidly growing arousal.

“Because you’re drunk.”

She takes a minute to consider this, then the sound of a zipper being lowered echoes through the trees, along with laboured breathing.

“So?”

I gasp when I feel her small hand encircle me.

“A-and we’re out… outside.” I pant.

“So?”

Soft lips nip at my neck, my ears, my lips, until finally I give in at return the actions with just as much fervour. The ardour overtakes both our senses and soon our soft moans can be heard in the air. Her hands ran up and down my body, heating my skin with every caress. I forget that she's intoxicated by alcohol and I’m intoxicated by her, and thrust my tongue gently into her sweet mouth.

Her legs wrap around my waist tightly and I love her as fast and as sensually as I can considering we’re against a tree in the middle of the woods. We build each other up to the brink and float into ecstasy together, our tongues duelling and swallowing our cries of pleasure.

Sense clouds over us, me remembering that Liz is still drunk and we’re out in public. We both fumble around together, fixing our clothing and trying to avoid eye contact, because when our eyes do connect…

We both burst out laughing. The embarrassment and the knowledge of what we just did weighs down on us until all that’s left to do is laugh.

I think it would be adequate to say that kissing Liz was a bad idea. The alcohol is still on her breath, and even just a little of it was adequate to make my senses cloud and make let loose and ravage her against a tree. I can’t believe I lost control like that. She was drunk and I took advantage of her.

“Sorry, for… you know.” I say staring down at my feet as we both just awkwardly stand here.

“S’okay.” Is Liz’s simple reply. Hopefully when she wakes up in the morning she’ll have a killer hang over and won’t remember what we just did. Right?

We slowly make our way back to the campsite, Liz still stumbling a few times from impaired vision. I reach out and hold her hand tightly in mine, guiding us through the last little bit of trees until we’re once again safely back at camp. I see everyone sitting over by the campfire and we start to make our way over towards them.

Girlish giggles and slurred speech echoes across the air, belonging to none other than Kyle and Maria. Isabel and Michael are just sitting there staring at them incredulously, and Alex is silently giggling along. All heads to turn to look at Liz and I as we approach, but its what’s said next that has us both stopping in our tracks and looking for a hole to craw into and hide.

“Max and Liz, sitting in a tree. F-U-C-K-I-N-G!” Maria giggles with Kyle, just as drunk as Liz.

“Maria!” Liz half scolds, half slurs. Just when I think all is safe, she goes and says something that she really shouldn’t.

“First of all, it was against the tree, and second of all, you shouldn’t have been watching!”

My cheeks flame bright red when everyone turns their attention my way with raised brows. This is a horrible, horrible night.

My Stuff

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

I've been slowly writing this all week. Seriously, i would open up this in a word doc every day but i'd either be so busy or i just had no idea what to write that by the time i closed it there was only about another 100 words written on it. Hence it being a few days late.

Gah, school starts back next week, so expect more non-updating periods for my fics. Plus i'm trying to find a casual job so i can actually pay for my car. So, hopefully, by the end of Christmas i won't have a life left! Woot.

Anyhoo, as always thanks for the wonderful fb. Its greatly appreciated. You all make my day and make me smile when i really need it.

<center> Chapter 35

~Liz~
</center>

Soft hands trace circles up and down my stomach sensually, waking me from my peaceful slumber. My eyes flutter open and my head is immediately hit with an ear splitting pounding that makes me feel like I’m at a rifle range. Everything around me is blurry and bright, and I feel like my head’s being torn into two. A strangled groan erupts from my mouth and I slam my eyes shut, burying my head back under my pillow and hoping to never have to open my eyes again.

“Liz,” a soft, husky voice says next to my ear. The voice no doubt belongs to the warm hands tracing circles all over my stomach.

I mumble a pathetic, “Go away,” and try to curl up into the fetal position, but the body laying next to me with their arms wrapped securely around my waist is preventing me from reaching my goal.

Soft, warm lips attack my neck and send electrical sparks right down into the pit of my stomach. I try to make myself impervious to his touch, but my resolute quickly crumbles and soon I’m whimpering for his touch. I roll onto my back and seal our lips together, nostalgic for his hands on my body.

“How are you feeling?” Max asks in a whisper, his eyes showing a hint of amusement from my condition.

“Ugh, like I’ve been run over by a space ship.” I groan in reply, burying my head against his chest. Parts of last night are fuzzy. I remember going into the forest with Max, and then passing out in his arms around the campfire. Other memories tingle at the sides of my mind but they won’t come into focus for me.

“Yeah, alcohol will do that to you.” Instead of the anger I expect to hear in his voice, I just hear the smirk I’m sure he’s wearing right now.

“Max,” I start, moving around until I’m leaning over him and looking down into his soulful eyes. The pounding in my head hasn’t stopped and I think I’m about to throw up, but first I have to apologise for being so stupid. “I am so sorry about last night. I swear I didn’t mean to ruin your weekend.”

His warm hand comes up and captures the bottom of my chin when I try to look away from him, forcing my gaze to stay trained on his touching eyes. I still find it so amazing that to this day, his eyes can enchant me like I’ve never seen them before.

“Liz, you didn’t ruin my weekend. You made it more… interesting, that’s for sure. But you didn’t ruin anything.”

“But I got drunk,” I argue back and try to steady myself as the tent slowly starts to spin.

“Yeah, you did,” is his simple reply, his smirk widening incredibly. Perhaps it’s the massive headache I have, but this is strange.

“I am really sorry Max. We just wanted to let loose a bit, you know? I must really not have much of an alcohol threshold. I only had one little sip.” I say the last bit more to myself than to Max, but he hears me anyway.

“I think you had a bit more than one sip Liz,” he scoffs. “You were pretty drunk.”

“I swear, it was one sip and that’s all. It tasted so bad I spat half of it out. Even ask Maria… if she can remember it.” I watch as Max’s eyes briefly go round and then quickly back to normal, as if he just came up with the cure for cancer but doesn’t want to share it. He swallows hard and gives a small nod, accepting my answer as the truth. Normally I would press for him to explain what just happened, but I doubt I’m in any sort of condition to be pestering.

“If it’s any consolation, I’m paying for it now. My head is pounding so much and I think I’m going to be sick.” I mumble out. I grab my stomach and squeeze my eyes shut to stop the tent and Max from spinning at a faster pace.

Giant warmth starts to creep into my mind, lessening the pressure on my brain and turning down the volume of the pounding increasingly fast. My eyes flicker open and I find myself face to face with Max, our noses barely touching and our breaths mingling. His large hands caress ether side of my face, healing away the hangover until clarity is once more and pain is long gone.

I find myself unable to move away from his eyes. They capture me in their golden depths, hypnotizing me to do anything he asks. If Max said ‘cluck like a chicken’ right now, I probably would.

Who ever knew that an alien could be so powerful without even using a single one of their powers?

“Thank you,” I whisper out against his soft lips with a smile. We kiss languidly, taking our time to cherish each other’s mouths like we want to each other’s bodies. And we probably would have, if the voices from outside weren’t becoming increasingly closer by the second.

I hear a groan that sounds oddly like Maria’s and I can sympathise. I still don’t remember most of last night, but I’m sure in time it’ll come to me. I doubt I did anything that outrageous, otherwise Max would have told me what I did, right?

“I need coffee.” Kyle grumbles. Alex nods his head in agreement but stops suddenly when the pain in his head becomes too much.

“Strong coffee,” is Maria’s only contribution to the conversation. She goes back to covering her head with a pillow. I notice how tightly her fingers are gripping the material and a pang of guilt shoots through me.

Kyle sighs and throws a stick into the hot blaze. “Whose smart idea was it to forget the caffeine anyway?”

“Probably the same person who had the bright idea of bringing alcohol.” Michael growls out in response to his question. I see Maria and Alex wince from his tone, but Kyle just rolls his eyes and returns to staring at the flames of the fire.

I stare down at my feet in shame. I’m not sure if Michael is pissed that we got drunk in general, or that we got drunk without him, but he hasn’t exactly been the friendliest this morning. I’m assuming one of the many other reasons could be lack of sleep since he was sharing a tent with Maria, who looks like she was up half the night throwing up.

“I don’t get it. Why does Liz get out of this with a good morning healing and us three get stuck here with a massive hang over?” Kyle whinges.

“With the way you’re carrying on I would rather be hung over.” I mumble under my breath. A smirk adorns Max’s face when he hears what I said.

“Stuff this. I’m going to the café we passed on the highway to get some decent breakfast,” Alex says, standing up and stretching his lanky body.

“Yeah, me too,” Isabel agrees, standing up to join him. I’m not oblivious to the secret looks they keep giving one another and I make a mental note to ask him about it later. Could it be that the frog has finally landed his princess? Not that Alex is a frog or anything…

There’s a chorus of agreeance from everyone around the campfire except Max and I. We share a look over the flame that was ignited this morning to keep us warm from the cold January air. His gaze colliding with mine heats me up way more than the fire does, however.

“Max? Liz?” Isabel asks us expectantly.

Max manages to tear his eyes away from mine for a few seconds, absently replying to his sister that someone has to stay behind and watch the camp. She gives us both a knowing smirk and runs off to join the others, promising that she’ll bring us both something back, but by that point neither Max or I could really care.

As soon as the jeep turns the corner and is gone from view, the tension in the air lessens and we realise that there’s no pressure. We have at least 2 hours before they all decide to come back and interrupt our oasis.

“So, um…” Max stumbles out, standing up and stretching languidly. His shirt rids up to show toned abbs that are always hidden from my view and a small trail of soft hair leading down into his boxers. I itch to touch it with my fingers, feel the soft strand underneath my fingers and watch how his muscles jolt from my touch. I love the fact that I’m the only person who knows just how ticklish he really is.

“I should go and have a shower…” I say suggestively, biting my bottom lip the way I know he loves and feeling a pink tint stain my cheeks.

I see him swallow hard. He shoves his hands into his pockets and gives a curt nod, looking into the distance behind me. I smile mischievously to myself at a job well done and clamour into our tent to get my shower gear. When I emerge I see Max bringing some more logs over to the fire and a pang of disappointment fills me. I trudge over to the empty shower block and set my clothes down on the seat inside the cubicle. I strip down and relax once the boiling water hits my tired body. Steam fills the room around me and I feel the emptiness of the moment that would be better spent with Max here with me. Perhaps I was wrong, perhaps he wasn’t thinking the same thing I was.

I close my eyes and revel in the moment, the peace I feel from just standing here and letting the hot water massage my body.

Strong arms suddenly wrap around my waist from behind and I jump in fright. I spin around, about to scream but my voice is swallowed by Max’s mouth as it massages mine. I melt into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck, burying my hand in his already wet hair. Our slick bodies move against each other and the erotic moment causes a deep moan to tumble from my throat.

Stars and memories flash behind my eyelids - moments from before that we’ve spent together - when his tongue accesses mine and the kiss is deepened. His large hands roam over my back, one reaching down to cup my bottom and pull my body tighter against his own, and the other travelling upwards to burry in my long, wet strands of hair.

“Max?” I pant in question when we pull away for air. His smouldering gaze lingers on my face and his robust arms hold me tightly to prevent me from falling. It’s amazing how Max just knows somehow how weak he makes me.

“I just thought I better come and make sure that when you were washing you didn’t miss any…” his voice trails off when one of his hands brushes against my nether lips, igniting a soft moan that spills from my mouth from the feelings coursing through my veins, “important spots.”

It takes less than a second before I pull his lips back down against mine for a blazing kiss that neither of us will ever forget.

My Stuff

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

As always, thanks for your wonderful fb my lovelies. This is just a little bit of fluff for you before it all gets serious.

<center> Chapter 36

~Max~ </center>

I push her up against the cold tile wall, my hands on either side of her body and my gaze smouldering. The way the water is cascading over her smoothly tanned body, collecting in the small valley in between her breasts and dripping sensually off the small peaks has my desire skyrocketing. Her dark, wet hair falls around her face and sticks to her skin, framing her cheeks and eyes. Liz licks her lips with a small smirk, her eyes gleaming deviously and I swallow hard. Primal need builds up inside me, applying so much pressure that before I know it I’m attacking her lips and taking her fiercely up against the shower stall wall.

Our collective moans echo around the change room, the tiles creating the perfect acoustics so that even the smallest of sounds is magnified by a thousand. The feel of our wet skin rubbing together is so erotic that I groan low in my chest and plunge into her waiting depths harder and faster. I look up to see Liz with her hand curled over the top of the wall, her head thrown back, eyes closed and her delicate breasts bouncing right in front of my face with every deep thrust I take.

“Oh God…” Liz moans softly in my ear when I take her pert nipple into my mouth and suck on it ferociously. Her nails dig into my shoulders and I’m positive they’ll leave a mark. The burning sensation against my skin they cause is less painful than I imagined, instead it spurs me onwards in my quest to bring us both into ecstasy.

I drive into her harder, faster; her moans of pleasure letting me know I’m not hurting her. I can feel myself on the edge and about to loose control. I feel her tight walls contract around me harshly and I let go, burying my head in her shoulder and biting down hard as a shattering groan rips from my throat.

“Max,” Liz whispers breathlessly into my ear when she slides down my body after a few minutes. My arms wrapped around her waist and the hard wall behind us are the only things preventing us from collapsing onto the ground. The explosiveness of what just happened was beyond anything I’ve ever felt before, the buzz still lingering even hours after the orgasm.

I look down at her small naked frame below me and clarity comes back. Her wet hair is knotted and her skin is flushed a deep rose colour. There’s an angry red mark on the juncture of her neck and shoulder from where I bit in deeply, almost drawing blood from my force. I gently caress the ruthless mark with my fingertips and then place my palm over it. A silver glow emits from in between my hand and her skin. When I remove my hand to cup her cheek the skin is silky smooth, the heated mark no longer marring her milky skin.

“Thank you,” she says softly, drawing her bottom lip in between her teeth and staring up at me from under her lashes with a tantalising smile. I reach over and turn off the running water. It’s not like we’re using it or anything. Since the others aren’t back yet and no one else is camping here with us, the appeal to quickly dry off, grab our clothes and run butt naked across the grass to our tent is looking extremely appealing. My desire for the beauty in front of me is coming back with a vengeance, and if we don’t go back to the tent soon I may just have to take Liz against the cold shower wall a second time.

I wave my hands over both our bodies and the water covering us evaporates into thin air. We both reach around the small wall that’s protecting our things from being wet and start to redress. Inch by inch Liz’s tantalising skin leaves my view, and the yearning to have her naked body in front of me again has me leaning down, my lips inches away from her bruised mouth…

“They probably just went for a walk or something, that’s all,” my sister’s voice says, echoing all around us.

Shit. They’re back.

Liz tenses in my arms and we both suck in a deep breath, our bodies perfectly still and hoping that she’ll just get what ever it is she needs to do done fast. Then again, this is Isabel we’re talking about. It takes her two hours just to find her shoes when she’s getting ready to go somewhere.

“Needed a little air after all that exertion, huh?” another voice says, this one sounding a lot like Maria. ‘Fuck,’ Liz mouths against my bare chest, gripping onto my shoulders harder. I crouch down and lift my shirt over my arms. If I did it standing up my arms would be seen coming out the top of the shower and that would be a bad thing.

“Ew, Maria. He’s my brother for Christ’s sake. I know I can’t escape the fact that he and Liz are having sex, but the less I hear about it the better.” Isabel says again, this time her voice is much closer than before.

I’m not sure if the pounding I can feel in my chest is Liz’s heart or mine. Water starts to run from the shower stall next to ours, and steam wafts up to the ceiling. Soon the shower on the other side of us starts up as well. Great, now they’re having showers? This is the last time I’m ever this adventurous with sex again.

“But really, do you think that Liz would go back to Max even if the sex wasn’t that good? I mean, what if it sucks but she just too in love with him to break it to him? You know, just cause they’re perfect together and soul mates and all that shit doesn’t mean he’s a demon in the sack,” Maria says over the sound of the loud water.

“Maria!” Isabel scolds just as the smell of banana shampoo wafts up into my nostrils.

I look down at Liz and notice that her face is a deep red. Her weary gaze meets mine and I just raise one eyebrow with a small smirk. Her eyes go wide and she furiously starts shaking her head. Liz points at the shower Maria currently occupies and mouths the word ‘crazy’ over and over. I gently cup her cheek to let her know it’s all right and lean down towards her, our lips meeting silently for a cheeky kiss that has us both giggling silently. The thrill of being caught sparks the desire we both have and I kiss her again, this time pushing my tongue into her mouth as my hands work their way up under her shirt to cup her breasts.

She tries to swat my hands away but eventually melts into the kiss and my caresses, her own hand coming out to stroke my hardening cock over my jeans. I gasp silently, remembering that we can’t make any noise, a plan formulating in my mind that will surely get me screeched at.

I call it Operation Make Liz Moan.

I start slowly massaging her breasts, tugging on her nipples sensually with my index finger and thumb. She lets out a soft gasp and her head rolls back against the wall. My lips move away from her mouth and around to her ear lobe. I suck the soft flesh into my mouth playfully and nip at her tender skin. Her hand comes up to bury itself in my thick hair and direct my lips to where she wants them. I plan to have her withering in my arms very shortly.

I kiss my way down over her jaw and to the collum of her neck, lapping at her warm skin and driving her insane with my kisses. I know Liz’s body better than I know my own, and I know how to get to her. Just as I planned, a loud moans spills from between her lips before she can contain it and I smirk in satisfaction.

Liz’s entire body goes rigid and she pushes me off her, a horrified look crossing her face. We both wait with baited breath to see what happens. Seconds go by, then eventually minutes, but nothing happens.

They didn’t hear anything over the sound of the water. But that still doesn’t change the fact that if Liz and I try and run out of here right now we’ll surely been seen. We need to get Maria and Isabel out of here before we can escape. I let out the breath I was holding when another plan formulates in my mind.

If I know anything about females, it’s that most of them will take forever when it comes to showering and will use up all the hot water. My mother does it and so does Isabel. I look down at Liz to find her biting her bottom lip in frustration, glaring at me with embarrassment. I smile at her and place my hand against the tiles wall, palm flat.

Seconds later, two yelps sound from the shower block. The water suddenly goes ice cold before shutting off, leaving Isabel and Maria furious and soaking wet. We hear them both clamour out of the showers and get changed into their clothes, Maria grumbling about not being able to finish washing her hair and Isabel saying something about there being nowhere to plug in her hair dryer.

They both waddle out of the shower block and as soon as I hear the door closed I can’t help but collapse into laughter. My laughter however is short lived when Liz’s small fist connects with my arm and almost knocks me into the wall from its force.

“You jerk!” She seethes, stomping her foot and crossing her arms over her chest in an adorable way. I never knew she had so much strength in her. My arm has gone dead.

“What?” I ask, trying to be nonchalant but failing miserably since I can’t stop laughing, despite the numbness.

“You did that to me on purpose. You almost got us caught!”

“Yeah, but it was worth it afterwards. Did you hear them scream?” I laugh. My mirth must be contagious because it doesn’t take long before Liz is smiling along with me. I pull her over into my arms and place a kiss on her forehead. She wraps her arms around my waist and rests her chin on my chest, letting out a small sigh of comfort in the process.

“How about you come back to me with the tent?” I suggest, nuzzling the side of her face and placing delicate kisses along her neck. “You can prove wrong what Maria said about me being bad in bed.”

Her big brown eyes look up at me, full of desire. A suggestive smile graces Liz’s features and her small pink tongue comes out to lick her delicious lips.

“I think we both know how much of a lie that was. But if you really need me to prove it to you…”

TBC....

My Stuff

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

Sorry for taking forever with this guys. Thanks for your fb and have a really great Christmas and New Years.

<center> Chapter 37

~Liz~
</center>

“I don’t want to leave here,” Max whispers softly against my hair. His hand idly strokes the top of my thigh and I can see Maria giving us an amused glare from the other side of the dismal fire. The pitiful flame is the only thing that remains of our camp, all the tents having been pulled down and packed into the cars an hour before.

“Me neither.” I reply just as quietly. The propitious conditions of this weekend we’re more than we could have asked for, and it’s going to be sad to have to go back to the routine, the lie that we all live in Roswell. “But we have to go back home.”

This weekend was just what we all needed to calm down and for once live a normal life. We got to relax and just enjoy each other’s company, bonding in the non-alien related way. The vast secret we all hold pulls us together, but it’s the small moments like this that keep us there.

Max inhales deeply, his warm lips brushing over my neck and jaw. His fingers twitch against my thigh, itching to move further up. If we weren’t in such a public place, and if Michael didn’t just clear his throat as if to say ‘lets get going’, I probably would have allowed Max’s ministrations to continue. Instead I force the desire running through my system back down into its place and grab Max’s wandering hand in mine, leading him over to the Jeep for the trip back home.

Michael uses his powers to put out the fire and cover it up with grass so it looks like it was never there. He jumps in the drivers seat with Max riding shotgun, Maria and I in the back. According to her we need some ‘girl time’, so I didn’t complain much when she kicked my boyfriend into the front seat. I’ve kind of missed her anyway.

“Have a nice shower earlier?” Maria asks with a smirk as I put a bottle of water up to my lips about fifteen minutes into the drive. I practically choke on the liquid and end up coughing for air with water dribbling down my top.

“Liz?” Max asks alarmed, turning around from the front seat to make sure I’m not dying.

“I’m fine.” I gasp out in between large gulps of air, issuing Maria with the biggest glare I think I can muster. She’s practically rolling around the backseat laughing her ass off at my expense.

“If you told anyone Maria, I swear to God-” I threaten quietly under my breath so only she can hear.

“Liz, it’s alright, calm down. No one knows except me.” Her giggles start to slowly subside, but the deep red stain covering my cheeks won’t disappear that easily. This is so embarrassing.

“Not even Isabel?” I ask, the panic starting to subside slightly.

“Not even Isabel. Relax Liz, I just wanted to see your face when I asked you that.” Her mirth starts all over again and only stops once I pinch the skin on her elbow… hard.

“Ouch! Okay, I’m sorry, I’ll stop. I’ll stop.” She squeals in mercy.

“Oh God.” I cry softly to myself, throwing my head in my hands and wishing a big black hole would swallow me up right now. There are some things even your best friend shouldn’t know about, such as your sexual escapades with an alien whilst camping.

“That’s why you said that thing about him being bad in bed! You knew we were in there!” I hiss out to her, trying not to draw attention to ourselves. Thankfully Max and Michael are pretty oblivious to my horror right now, too focused on trying to get us out of the woods and back to the main road to care about what we’re talking about.

Her smile widens and she simply nods her head. I need a new best friend.

“How did you know we were in there?”

“We couldn’t find you two anywhere at the camp and I saw the steam from the shower coming out of the toilet block when we were walking towards it. Since we were the only ones at the camp this weekend, I figured it would be you. But when the door was locked and the shower wasn’t turned on I realised you weren’t alone, otherwise you would have said something to us when we walked in.”

“Oh.” I guess it all makes sense. I never really pictured Maria as Nancy drew though.

“I expect details and many of them when we get home Miss Parker.” The mischief is still in her eyes and I know that no good will come of me telling her what she wants to know.

“Don’t you already know enough? You’re like a vulture Maria.”

“Hey, when my love life starts working in my favour you can guarantee I’ll be giving you all the details you want, but until then, I live vicariously through you and Alex.”

“I should really go and oh… Mmm…” His teeth gently nip at the sensitive spot on my neck and my thoughts melt into a puddle of mush. We dropped Michael and Maria back at their houses and have been parked in the ally next to the Crashdown for the last half hour, neither one of us willing to let the other go.

“You were saying?” His husky voice is mumbled against my skin and my nails dig further into his thick hair. The things Max makes me feel are amazing. I doubt it would feel this good with anyone else.

“I have no idea,” I moan out softly into the night, not caring who can hear or see us. My free hand trails down his strong arms and across his stomach until I reach the elastic of his boxers that are poking out from his jeans. My hand skims the top, feeling his muscles contract under my touch. Just as I’m about to dip my hand inside, Max stops kissing my neck and grabs my wrist, pulling my hand away from where I know he wants it to touch.

“What are you doing?” I ask breathlessly. He leans in and his lips softly tease mine with a gently kiss. He’s making me so worked up that right now I couldn’t care less where we are. I need him. I rock my hips against his and bite back the groan caused by the stimulation.

“We can’t, not here.” Max tells me regretfully. He lifts my hand up to his lips and places a delicate kiss on my palm.

“Why not?” I whine, resting my head against his chest whilst I try to get my heart rate and temperature to calm down. He smells so good that I could sit like this forever if I had the chance.

“Max, if I get out of this car and go inside the weekend will be over, and I don’t want that. This has been the most amazing time I have ever had. And you… you got to be a normal teenager for three days without any of the other crap that’s usually hanging over your head, and you’re so happy. I don’t want that to disappear. I don’t want you to disappear.” I finish quietly, too afraid to see his reaction to my words. This weekend he has been the most carefree and contented that I have ever seen him. I don’t want that to go away now that we’re back in Roswell.

He shifts underneath me, moving around until our eyes are level and our faces are inches apart. “I was like that because I was with you Liz. We could have been trapped in a ditch and as long as I was with you I would still be happy.”

“But we would be trapped in a ditch.” I point out with a soft smile that’s mirrored by Max.

“It doesn’t matter.”

My hand strokes his cheek tenderly, feeling the rough texture of his stubble under my fingertips. This man is pure perfection and I love him more than I thought it was possible to ever love anyone.

“I don’t want you to leave,” I whisper out into the night. I can’t be away from him.

“I have to. You have to go inside so your parents know that you’re home and safe, and I have to go home before my mum thinks I’ve been killed in a car accident.” He smiles at me, our noses grazing in the moonlight. “But as soon as I can get away I’ll be back as fast as I can. I doubt I’ll be able to sleep without you by my side.”

“I know how you feel.”

Somehow we manage to part ways after many more heated kisses, and I walk inside to let my parents know I’m still alive. After a few scrutinizing questions from my father about the weekend and some knowing looks from my mother, I excuse myself under the pretence of being tired and indulge in a nice hot bath. By the time I finally get out of the tub, it’s past midnight.

I walk into my room in my underwear with a towel still wrapped around my middle. I hear a noise in the ally and smile. It’s probably just Max. I turn to my dresser and rummage through it, looking for a clean shirt to wear to bed. After a few minutes I hear my window open and turn around to greet my boyfriend, but stop in shock upon seeing who my late night visitor is.

“What are you doing here?”

TBC...

My Stuff

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

This is rather crappy but i really can't be bothered writing any more. Sorry for the shortness and the lack of updates. I'm slightly drawing a blank on this fic lately so it takes me a while to find some inspiration.

As always thank you for the fb. Its extreemly appreciated. And sorry for how short this is.

<center> Chapter 38

~Max~ </center>

“Did you have a fun weekend?”

Yes ladies and gentlemen, that’s my dad trying to be inconspicuous. He’s standing in my doorway watching me unpack and grilling me on what happened whilst we were camping. He probably just wants to find out if his kids are doing drugs or getting up to some illegal activities or something. Most probably my mother put him up to the interrogation.

“It was alright,” I shrug and chuck all my dirty clothes into my hamper. I rummage around in my bag to see if I missed anything when I pull out the empty pack of condoms I took with me. I quickly shove them back in the bottom of the bag, praying that my dad didn’t just see that.

“Did Liz have a good time?”

Liz? Ahh, I see now. He doesn’t really care about the weekend. He just wants to have “the talk” and find out if his son is having sexual relations with a lady, the same talk he’s been avoiding having with me for a while. I guess he never really had a reason to talk to me about this in the past because as far as my parents know I had no interest in girls, which is partly true. I had no interest in girls, but one particular girl I was obsessed with. I think they thought the reason why I was always at the Crashdown was because I love the food.

“I guess,” I say casually and throw my sleeping bag out onto my bed. If I’m as evasive as I can be I wonder how long it will take before he gives up. I walk around my room and try to find the pillowcase I usually store it in when I’m not using it.

“She’s a great girl Max.” He reassures me sincerely.

I smile. He really has no idea just how great. “I know she is.”

Dad walks into my room and sits down on the edge of my bed, watching me move about the room. This conversation suddenly became awkward. I can feel the serious tone lingering in the air.

“How long have you two been dating for?” Where’s Michael and his astounding ability to interrupt at the most opportune moments when you need him? I should have never left that campsite. If I was still there I would still be with Liz and not getting the tenth degree from my father.

“A while I guess.”

“Things must be getting pretty serious then, huh?” He rubs his hands nervously up and down his thighs. He looks kind of pathetic right now, without a clue in the world as to how to approach the subject with me. I give in and slump down on my bed next to him. I may as well make this as painless as I can for both of us.

“Dad, it’s alright. You don’t need to give me the talk. I know all about it. It’s a little too late anyhow.” I say sympathetically, not realising what I just said.

“Really? Oh that’s good. Wait, too late? You mean you two have…” He trails of uncertainly and I feel my cheeks and ears flaming bright red. Woops.

“Um, yeah.” If I just avoid making eye contact perhaps this will end faster.

“Oh.”

We sit there for at east ten minutes, both too embarrassed to be the first to speak. The silence is starting to freak me out but I really have no idea what to say next.

“Are you being careful?” My dad suddenly blurts out like it’s the most natural thing to ask your son.

“Yes, God yes.” I reassure without hesitation.

“Good. Good.”

“Yep.”

And we’re back to sitting in silence again. I know my dads just itching to get the hell out of here, he just hasn’t figured out the best way to excuse himself yet. His leg is bouncing up and down uncomfortably and his eyes keep flittering around the room. If I were not sitting here with him right this second I would probably have laughed at how nervous he was acting. Sadly, this time I feel his pain.

“Right, well. Liz is welcome here any time Max, make sure she knows that.” He says, standing up and brushing the invisible dust off his pants. He walks towards my door but stops short, turning back around to give me one last piece of advice. “Make sure you treat her right son. She could be the one.”

I lie back on my bed once he’s out of sight and put my hands behind my head. If only my dad knew just how right he was.

I breathe deeply when this feeling I’ve had ever since I said goodbye to Liz intensifies. It feelings like anticipation of the unknown. Like a thousand butterflies are flying around in my middle and they know something is about to happen but they won’t share the secret.

Or perhaps its just anticipation of when I can see Liz again. Either way, it’s starting to freak me out.

“Maxwell, what are you doing here?” Michael greets upon opening his front door and seeing me standing there. I don’t blame him for being surprised. It’s almost midnight and I’m not usually one for random visits.

“I couldn’t sleep.” I explain. I walk over and collapse down onto the couch, running a tired hand through my hair. The TV’s still on so at least I have to comfort of knowing I didn’t wake him up.

“You want one?” Michael asks, holding up a glass of Snapple in front of the fridge.

“Sure.”

He fills up my glass and walks over towards me, sitting down onto the lounge next to me and handing me my drink. “Is it because you’re not with Liz?”

One thing that you have to notice about Michael is that even though he may act like a dickhead half the time, he’s extremely perceptive of other people. Or is it just that he knows me way too well?

“Probably.”

“So why the hell are you here bugging me? Why not go and bug her. She’d probably appreciate it more than me. Besides, if you can’t sleep without her, I’m guessing she's going through the exact same thing.” He takes a swig of his drink and sits it down on the coffee table in front of us, reaching around in between the cushions to find the television remote.

“She hasn’t left my side practically all weekend. I want to give her some alone time before I go and interrupt her night.” I explain, even though it’s practically killing me to be away from her. This feeling in the pit of my stomach just won’t go away. This nervousness, like something major is about to happen. I just don’t know what.

“Have you ever had that feeling where you know something’s about to happen but you don’t have a fricking clue what?” I ask, needing the point of view from someone other than my mind right now.

“Not really. But you know that feeling where you know there was something important you had to do but you can’t remember what? I know that feeling well. It usually ends up being that I forget to go to school or something. I just try to ignore all nagging feelings. The way I see it is that it’ll all work itself out in the end.”

“Right.” I say, finishing off my drink and standing up to put it in the sink. Perhaps Michael’s right. If I ignore the feeling it will just go away. It’s probably not something that important anyway.

About halfway across the room I suddenly stop in my tracks. The glass in my hand slips and smashes into pieces all over the floor. The feeling in the pit of my stomach escalates into terror, sinking fear, but I’m too stunned to do anything about it. I drop to my knees, ignoring the searing pain of the glass entering my skin.

“Maxwell?” Michael cries, rushing over to my huddled form. “What happened?”

I close my eyes tightly and try to fight off the feeling. I grit my teeth and bare the agony. I need to get to her and make sure she’s all right

“Liz. Something happened. We have to get to Liz!”

My Stuff

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

So... it's been a while. It seems as though everyone's dissapeared, but i'm back so that counts for something right?

I'm not going to bother blabbering on about how i was tied up with school and crap. All i'm going to say is thanks for the fb and i hope there's still at least one person reading this.

Oh, and this is dedicated to Jazzy because she's wonderful and i wouldn't have written anything without her help. Thank you.

<center> Chapter 39

~Liz~ </center>

I twist and turn against the ropes that are tied around my wrists and ankles, refusing to give in to the fact that I’m completely defenceless. I wont let her see how scared I am. I refuse to cry, to scream for help and I unquestionably refuse to give up and let her win. All I have to do is stall, get myself some time and I know that he’ll come and find me.

He has to find me.

Sharp pain runs all over my body. My wrist, my leg and my ribs are all broken. Deep purple bruises mar my body from the struggle that took place in order to get me tied up in the first place. In the end she had to use her powers to knock me out so I would stop fighting back. I look over out of the corner of my eye to see my fathers huddled form lying unconscious on the ground. My mother is still in her bedroom unconscious in her own bed. My father came in when he heard my lamp break to see what all the noise was and she blasted him without a second thought, not even caring that if she pushed just a little bit harder or aimed in a different spot, she could have killed him. I guess when you’re a psychopathic alien, killing someone isn’t such a big deal as it would be if you were normal, if your hands had to actually touch the blood of the person you destroyed and you couldn’t just wave it all away. Tess then went in to check on my mum and used her powers to put her under before she could wake up.

Even if I could untie the ropes holding down onto my own bed, it would be useless trying to run away and find help. She barricaded us in with her powers to make sure that no one can get out, and no one can get in. She knows that he’ll come, that somehow he’ll know I’m in trouble and rush on over here like he’s Superman and I’m Lois Lane. It’s all a trap.

“Lets have a talk Liz.” Her voice is bathed in venom and hate, matching her eyes that are a vibrant blue in anticipation. This is Tess’s shining moment, her chance for the revenge she's wanted since she arrived in Roswell and saw that all she had been taught since she came out of the pods was a complete lie.

“What do you want to talk about?” I croak out sarcastically in between parched lips, stilling my movements to catch my breath. I’m not going to show her how weak I am. If she can see I’m slowly giving up, then she would have won, and that’s something I can’t let happen. I have to make her believe that she’s not having any affect one me.

She stalks over to the left side of the bed and narrows her eyes at me, reaching up a hand to grasp my hair and yank it back so far that I feel as though my neck will break. “Oh no, this isn’t the sort of talk where we both talk and have a conversation. This is the sort of talk where I speak and you listen. It’s as simple as that. In case you haven’t noticed, you’re the one tied up on the bed, not me. Is that clear?”

I can hear her intentions in her voice. If all goes according to plan, only one person will walk out of this room alive, and it won’t be me. The only comfort I can take out of that idea is that if she does kill me, there is no way in a hell that Max will think of her as anything more than a murderous little bitch ever again.

“Is that clear?” She clarifies again when I don’t answer her the first time, pulling harder on my hair so I have to swallow the cry of pain bubbling up inside of me. I nod and she lets go and turns her back to me, pondering on how to start her monologue about how I screwed everything up for her.

“It must have hurt.” I say bitterly, staring at the dirty blond curls on the back of her head and wishing I could pull it all out, piece by piece so she was the one in pain, not me. The pounding in my head goes away slightly when she turns around with vicious eyes to face me and I see the long scratch across her perfect features that I put there earlier with my own hands. Even if it was the only achievement I managed during our struggle, at least it’s a memorable one.

“Excuse me?” Her voice booms around the room yet I don’t flinch once. I meet her eyes straight on and smile as best I can with a bloody lip and a black eye, just because I know how much it must be pissing her off that even though she think she's in control, she's really not.

“It must have hurt to show up here in Roswell under the impression that Max will just immediately recognise you and jump into your bed, only to find out that he had no idea who the hell you were and that he was more interested in a human than one of his own kind.”

I can see the anger and bitterness building up steadily inside of her, which is why I’m not surprised when her hand connects with my face so hard that my entire body is thrown half off the bed and my head is snapped around to the side. “I told you to shut the hell up!”

“You can try to trick him all you want Tess. Use your little mind games on everyone, but the fact remains that he would never be with you freely. The only way you can make Max love you is against his own will.”

I’m expecting her to slap me again or do something equally as painful, but instead she just laughs. Not a bitter laugh or one filled with repressed anger, but an actual real laugh. The sound scares me to my core. She walks closer to me, so close that I can feel the hot breath she's exhaling brush against my skin.

“You remember that day at the Crashdown when those two men were arguing over money don’t you Liz?” Her cold hand comes up to grip my face, squishing my cheeks together roughly and digging in her nails so little half moons appear all over my skin. She leans in even closer so our foreheads touch, then jerks my head back in disgust moment later, snapping my jaw out of place and drawing blood from her nails.

“What am I saying, of course you remember? It was the day that your night in shining armour risked his entire life for yours and blah blah blah, you al lived happily ever after. But this isn’t some shitty fairy tale. The good guys never win in reality, and things are never as black and white as you want them to be.”

The taste of blood and metal fills my mouth and I spit it out onto the ground, glaring up at her but too weak to be able to do anything else.

“You were supposed to day that day! It was simple, they were supposed to have an argument and shoot you. You were supposed to die! It was all planned out, but then at the last minute, guess who decides to walk in like the pathetic lost little puppy he is? Even then I still thought I had a chance because Michael was with him. Michael was supposed to stop Max from doing anything stupid and you were supposed to die! Do you know how much convincing and warping it took me to get those two trucking losers to go into the Crashdown and shoot you? Not to mention all the lying I had to do to Nasedo so he wouldn’t find out that I knew where Max was this entire time? You were meant to die and Max was meant to end up with me. You selfish little bitch!”

Tess advances towards me, her hand extended and all the pent up hate and anger flowing freely through her eyes. Bright red electricity crackles over her hands and body. Tears spring to my eyes and I shuffle as far back on my bed as I can go. The ropes don’t give me very much movement but I try anyway. I close my eyes and hope for anything to save me, when I hear a giant bang and my eyes spring open.

“Max…” I whisper under my breath, the last little bit of hope I have left in me blooming. Michael stands next to him and blasts at the window, but the burst of power bounces right off the glass and back at him, missing his shoulder by an inch. It’s then that that last bit of hope fades to nothingness. It’s useless; she’s shielded the entire place so that they can’t get in. All they can do is stand and watch as she gets her revenge.

A dizzy smile overcomes her snarled face and Tess turns back towards me. “Right on time. Now he can watched his precious little Liz die like the dog she is.” Her eyes turn jet black seconds before she closes them and focuses on the energy rolling through her skin.

I feel the ropes around me get tighter and more restricting, and that’s when the pain shoots up my body and into my head. My screams echo throughout the room and the last thing I see before my world goes black is the tortured expression of Max as he screams out my name in helplessness from my balcony.

TBC...

My Stuff

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

So, who hates school? I do!

Sorry for the month long absence from this fic and thanks for all of your fb. Special thanks to Jazzy for helping me with the last few parts of this. :)

<center> Chapter 40

~Max~ </center>

“Liz…” I don’t even realise that I’ve fallen to the ground until my palms hit the concrete surface of the balcony with a painful slap. My eyes are trained on her frozen body. Liz’s screams echo around in my head and I can’t look away. She’s in there and I can’t help her. What good are aliens powers if I can’t even save the one thing that means everything to me?

“Max, you have to get up,” Michael orders frantically from behind me. He grabs onto my arm to try and pull me up but I’m like a dead weight. I don’t move, I just stay unmoving in place.

“Max, you’re not helping Liz by sitting here like a crash test dummy. Get up and try to help her!”

“I can’t,” I whisper and continue to stare at her body through the window. Tears leak from the corners of my eyes in sorrow. I feel useless, helpless. There’s nothing I can anymore.

Tess is sitting on the edge of the bed, studying her nails in a bored fashion and waiting for Liz to regain consciousness. I can feel her life force draining away inside of me quickly. Soon shell be dead and I’ll have no one.

“It’s no use Michael, I can’t save her.”

“You’re pathetic, I hope you know that Max. You don’t want to be a King but isn’t this exactly what Kings do? They cower in their castle when it gets tough and let all of the innocents get killed. Stop being a coward and be a warrior!”

He has no idea how much I want to fight. I want to stand up and kill Tess for even looking at Liz. I want her to suffer like she’s made me suffer this last year. I want her to scream in pain like Liz was before. I want her dead, but my body is frozen. No matter how much I want to punish Tess for all of the things she has done, I can’t move.

I’m vaguely aware of Michael standing next to me, blasting the window every now and then with his powers. I know he’s given up on me and is instead trying to figure out way to break through the barrier but it’s useless. The entire room is shielded securely by her powers.

Liz is comatose, her body laying uncomfortably on the bed and the ropes biting into her flesh. I can’t even tell if she's breathing any more. I always thought that if Liz were dead I would feel it. I thought it would be like this giant part of myself was being ripped away. Even if I wasn’t there when it happened, I know that I would somehow feel that she wasn’t with me anymore. But right now, I can’t feel anything.

The day of the shooting all those months ago, I had this anxious feeling in my gut all morning. I knew something big was about to happen but I had no idea what. As I got closer to the Crashdown, the feeling grew. How is it possible that I knew what was going to happen that day, but I was completely oblivious that something so horrible was going to happen today?

Tess jerks slightly and her head falls to the side in question. Her blue eyes are trained on something near Liz’s right hand, but it isn’t until I see the tiniest bit of movement in her fingers that I realise Liz is waking up. Relief is short lived when it dawns on me that this was what Tess was waiting for. She wants Liz to be awake when she takes her last breath.

My gut clenches when Tess reaches out and grabs onto the bottom of Liz’s chin, slapping her cheeks to bring her to consciousness. Brown eyes filled with fear open groggily and stare at me through the window.

Tess crawls onto the bed and straddles Liz’s waist. Her hands move to rest on Liz’s temples and I suddenly feel like I can’t breath. I watch as Liz thrashes her head from side to side, trying desperately to shake off the other girl. Michael starts pelting the shield harder with his powers but it doesn’t waver. He screams at me to get up and do something.

Tess sits back and turns to stare at me sadistically, her cold blue eyes piercing my heart through the window. The glass muffles the sound but the words that pass from her lips are unmistakable.

“Say goodbye Max.”

She turns and once again puts her hands on Liz’s temples, but this time her eyes close and I know that this is the final blow. This is where it all ends.

The blood rushes through my head and pure rage surges through my veins and into my hands. I stand up on shaky legs and move behind Michael. Just as he is about to send another power bolt headed at the window with the same useless effect, I place my hand on his lower arm and push all of my power out with everything I have. A primal roar escapes from deep within my chest and I let the moment consume me. I focus solely on Liz, on protecting her defenceless body and let all of the wrath, all of the revulsion flow out of me and into the power bolt that Michael sends out towards the barrier.

A bright red light engulfs the entire room and Michael and I are thrown backwards a few metres. We slam onto the ground but before I can register the pain I’m on my feet and rushing over to the window and into the room.

“Liz? Where is she Michael! I need to make sure she’s okay.”

I breathe in a shaky wheeze of air and continue to run my hands through her silky hair, listening to the muffled conversation of everyone on the other side of the door.

“She’s alright Maria. She’s fine. Max is healing her but he’ll be done soon and then you can go in and see her,” Michael explains calmly, but that’s all I hear before I tune out.

I relax against the makeshift headboard of Michael’s bed and look down into her sleeping face. Her head rests in my lap and her body is curled up into a tight ball against me, the same position she's been in for the last two hours. I healed most of the damage, but the blast took a lot out of both Michael and I, so there are still some minor cuts and bruises that will have to wait for tomorrow.

“What the hell is she doing here!?”

I cringe when I hear Maria’s shriek a few minutes later and I know that she just found Tess tied up the bathroom. The blast rendered her unconscious and she hasn’t woken up since, so we brought her back to Michael’s and locked her in the bathroom with her hands tied behind her back. We haven’t decided what we’re going to do with her yet. I wanted to wait for Liz to wake up so she could help decide with everyone else. It seems only fair that someone who has caused so much pain and anger for all of us should be punished by everyone she affected.

“Max?” The door to the bedroom opens softly and Isabel pokes her head inside, holding up a steaming cup of something in question.

“Hey Is,” I whisper in answer and glance down at Liz once more to make sure she’s still sleeping. I can’t stop running my hands through her hair. It brings me comfort and reminds me that she’s all right.

“I brought you some tea.” Isabel says and places it on the bedside table for me. I smile gently in thanks and go back to concentrating on the sleeping angel in my arms. “How is she doing?”

“Ok. She woke up after I healed her but only for a few minutes. She just needs some rest, that’s all.” My voice is thick and my throat is sore. I pick up the tea and take a small gulp, revelling as the liquid flows down my parched throat.

“So do you,” Isabel suggests, sitting down on the edge of the bed and reaching over to brush a strand of loose hair away from Liz’s face. I smile tenderly at the gesture.

“Alex and I cleaned up her room. I fixed all of the broken glass and we made sure her parents were all right. We made them think it was all a dream, but I guess we’ll see how well that works when they wake up tomorrow.”

“Thanks Is.”

“Everyone wants to stay here tonight. No one wants to leave Liz alone again.”

I nod in understanding. I know exactly how they all feel. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to leave her side again after this. I don’t want anything to ever happen to her again.

She smiles at me soothingly, but the smile is quickly replaced with a frown and I recognise the signs of Isabel deep in thought.

“She planned all of this Max.” Her voice is a horrified whisper and her blue eyes are trained on Liz. “She knew that she would have to take care of Liz’s parents, and she knew that she would have to do it just before you were meant to meet Liz so you would see what she was doing. It wouldn’t even surprise me if she faked the memory loss just to get our guard down. Wh-who would do something like that? How could she hate someone that much?”

“I don’t know.”

I know it is probably the worse answer I could give, but it’s the truth. I don’t know what made Tess do anything she’s done to us these past months, and I hope I never find out.

Isabel gives a small nod in understanding and stands up to leave, but my voice prevents her exit. “What if she hates me?”

“Who? Liz?”

I nod in regret and stare down at my hands. “What if she blames me for all of this?”

“Max, this is Liz we’re talking about. She won’t hate you and she definitely won’t blame you for any of this. Why would you even think that?’

“Because it’s all my fault. If I just left her alone and didn’t keep hounding her to get back together, Tess would have never had any reason to do this. She wouldn’t have gone after Liz.” My chest constricts in fear and sadness. I can’t loose her. I don’t know what I will do if she hates me when she wakes up.”

“Max, you did not do anything wrong. You’re a victim in this entire sideshow as well, just like everyone else. Tess is the only one who will be blamed. She is the only one who will be hated. You saved her Max. Your love for Liz saved her life twice now. If anything she’ll love you more for that. Please don’t blame yourself.”

I know that logically Isabel is right, but it doesn’t stop the doubt from seeping into every one of my thoughts. I give a small nod but I don’t make eye contact. I just want this day to be over with. Isabel walks over to the door and opens it, but stops and turns back around to say one final thing before leaving.

“You should get some sleep Max. Everything else can wait until morning.”

“Max! Max wake up!”

I groan in my sleep and try to shake off the annoying noise that’s infiltrating my dream, but it wont go away. The voice is urgent and the hand shaking my shoulder is hard and frantic. I slowly sit up, feeling Liz’s warm body stir beside me and join me in the land of the awake.

“What is it?” I groan tiredly and rub my eyes, squinting in the dark to make out Michael’s form. I don’t remember falling asleep and I wonder what time it is.

“It’s Tess, Max. She… she’s dead.”

TBC.... eventually

My Stuff