New Beginning Books

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

trulov
Addicted Roswellian

New Beginning Books

Post by trulov »

Has anyone read the roswell book "A New Beginning"? Is it any good? It is supposed to pick up right where Graduation left off - the night they left in fact. Also, are there sequals to this book which continue the story - if so what are their titles (in order of publication)? Thanks
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

I haven't read it but it sounds good!
Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Icequeen »

I read a new begining and Pursuit. There is another one but something happned and there aren't many in print or something liket that. Sorry i do't have all the details i have a bad memory.

A new Beginning was ok. It was the first Roswell book that i read. I was so used to reading Fan fic that for me it was hard to get into.
My Fics
Hardhat: Don't eat the tuna salad in the cafeteria. It made me throw up.
Suit: Food poisoning takes a while. How long did it take to make you sick?
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

I read all the pre-graduation ones but hadn't read any of the post grad ones.
AngelicFairy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AngelicFairy »

I didn't really like the Post-Graduation ones. Although a lot of you guys probably will. But anyone who's not Dreamer will probably find them disappointing like I did. (Maria and Michael get an uncertain end like in "Graduation", Alex is still dead (although theirs a cute little scene with his ghost), Isabel ends up with Jesse, and Kyle doesn't really have a great storyline) I don't know, been as they had to cram everything into four books it just seemed a little rushed to me. And I got the same feeling as I did at the end of "Graduation"... like, is that it? :(

Anyway, for anyone who's interested, the books are out of print, but if you manage to find them the Post-Grad ones go in this order:-

A New Beginning
Nightscape
Pursuit
Turnabout
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

last night I was brousing Amazon.com, and the reader's review for A New Beginning was disappointing. the reader's who reviewed the book said it was not very good, quite slow with plot development, and just overall didn't make alot of sense. It wasn't written by Melinda Metz, so maybe that was the problem, since the reviewer said the author should've taken more into account of the tv series' history. Anyway, I haven't read any of the books, so I don't know for certain if that is accurate.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Pursuit and Turnabout are one story in two books. Pursuit is very easy to get a hold of but Turnabout is extremely hard since it's stopped printed on on Amazon they're charging $225 and on ebay $100+ just for the book! It's extreme!
Spidey
xxx
"Would it be okay if I ride home with you after school?"
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
My Published Works So Far
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

Well I know not to go looking for that one! :shock:
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Yeah but it's really :twisted: coz apparently the gang go back to Roswell and Max and Liz have a proper wedding ceremony. It's a sequel book and we'll never know what happened in Pursuit. I really want to read it, my cousin is trying to get a hold of it, she recently became a fan of the show.
Spidey
xxx
"Would it be okay if I ride home with you after school?"
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
My Published Works So Far
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

Can you check it out from the library? That's how I read all the ones I did. I read all the pre graduation ones (except the last one).