Romance Novels, Any One Else Have This Guilty Pleasure?

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

AmberEyed51
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In Colorado, wearing my foil hat, waiting for the aliens to take me away...

Post by AmberEyed51 »

I LOVED The Notebook. I saw it in theatres, there wasn't a dry eye in the place, it was an amazing book *which in my opinion is slightly better than the movie*

Another favortie novel of mine by Sparks is Message in a Bottle, has anyone read that before? The movie is also great, but don't pick it up if you don't like a sad ending...just a warning.
<center>Image
"It's about reaching out to people, and showing them there's still hope left in this world."
Glenn Quinn 1970-2002
Glenn, You're Always With Me</center>
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

I saw "Message in a Bottle" but I didnt read the book..his stories (Nicholas Sparks) can get pretty tear jerk-iresh..... but hes awsome I just finished reading a story by Barbara Delanski (sp) I was not happy with the ending at all. :(

Does anyone read her stuff and if so what do you think...that was the first one that I ever read by her and now im not sure if I want to read more of her work.
AmberEyed51
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In Colorado, wearing my foil hat, waiting for the aliens to take me away...

Post by AmberEyed51 »

I'm aorry about your bad-book ending. I've never heard of her, but if any of her other books are reccomended by anyone, I could really use a good read right about now. :D I'm all out of books...
<center>Image
"It's about reaching out to people, and showing them there's still hope left in this world."
Glenn Quinn 1970-2002
Lisette
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lisette »

AmberEyed51 wrote: I could really use a good read right about now. :D I'm all out of books...
I just finished The Perfect Groom by Samantha James. It's the first A+ book I've read in a long time. Totally loved it, funny and touching. It's a historical though, don't know if you like those... the recent talk on the thread has been all contemps.

Other good one's I've read recently: The Pretender and The Imposter both by Celeste Bradley, The Beauty and the Spy- Gayle Callen, An Invitation to Seduction - Lorraine Heath.

I'm currently reading An Unwilling Bride by Jo Beverley and it's shaping up to be a goodie as well. It's the second book in her Company of Rogues series and for some reason I wasn't expecting to like it.

~Lis
AmberEyed51
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmberEyed51 »

Lis,
Thanks I'll really take those into consideration, I'm dropping by B&N later today, so I'll write those down.

Thanks again :D You've saved me from a week of boredom
<center>Image
Glenn Quinn 1970-2002
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Message in a Bottle I found to be both dull and boring.

At least with The Notebook, I was hooked from the very beginning.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Evans3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Evans3 »

Go to this website. There are lists of names of all authors with all kinds of stories. I mean it is a lot of romance novels and they are all GREAT! Check it out!

http://www.wereallydig.com/romancenovels/

Love,
Wendy Evans
VivaLasVegas
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by VivaLasVegas »

Hey, I'm really new to the romance genre. I've read a LOT of awesome Roswell fanfic from amazing authors (for example: Breathless, Applebylicious, Deejonaise, etc.), and I'm addicted to the AU board here. CC is wonderful too, but the stories tend to drone on a bit...

Sorry about babbling...my point is, where can I find published novels like that? All the romance novels that I've attempted to flip through have cheesy plotlines, with cheesy character names and even cheesier book covers, LOL. :lol: No offense to people who love those, but they're just not for me. I'm not too wild about the story excerpts in Cosmo either. They're steamy, sure, but lack depth and humor. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest some authors or books for me...something light and fun like Applebylicious' AU fics, or something totally heartwrenching and tearjerking (but with a happy ending) like Breathless' fics. :wink: Thanks!

P.S. I also adored PEACELOVESHEEP's stories before she was banned for plagiarism. :(
Dimensia
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Dimensia »

VivaLasVegas, if you're looking for love stories that have solid plots and great humor, I highly recommend Susan Elizabeth Phillips ("Ain't She Sweet?", "First Lady", and "Kiss An Angel" especially - the last is my fave) and anything by my personal favorite, Jennifer Crusie. All of her work is just amazing - engrossing, beautifully written, with wonderful characters throughout, but "Welcome to Temptation", its sequel, "Faking It", and "Bet Me" have always stood out in my mind. Phillips' Chicago Stars series, starting with "It Had to Be You", and going through "Heaven, Texas", "Nobody's Baby But Mine" and "Dream a Little Dream", ends with "This Heart of Mine", which features a character we met as a teenager in the first novel. I'm not a big romance novel person, but these ladies write contemporary love stories better than anyone in the business.
{ Polarist | Incrowder | Drifter | X-tremer | Lollie | Cheerleader | Stud }
{ Here Without You | Taking Over Me }
VivaLasVegas
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by VivaLasVegas »

Dimensia: Thank you so much! I'll get my butt over to a bookstore ASAP...and you're right, I think "contemporary love stories" would be the term I was looking for. :D