Mutant Love (X-Men,XO,CC,TEEN) A.N 6/11/05 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

Ok here's part 10 and thanks for the reviews!!!

Part 10:

Maria stirred the pot of pasta and dumped the creamy white sauce on top. She heard a knock on the door. 'Deep breath...In...out...' Maria opened the door ready to see the family but only saw Michael.

"What are you doing here?" Maria asked annoyed.

"Hello to you too." Michael said coming into the house.

"Michael you need to leave."

"Why?"

"I'm expecting company."

"Who?"

"It's a business meeting a very important business meeting and I really need you to leave now."

"So this is for your school thing."

"Yes."

"Miss. Deluca." Maria looked up to see a woman in her forties standing at her front door. Jubilee was behind her.

"Hi you must be Mrs. Lee."

"Oh please call me Emily."

"And please call me Maria. Please come in."

"Hey Maria."

"Hey Jubs"

"Who's he." Jubilee asked in a whisper. "he's cute."

"And way to old for you." Maria whispered back

"Ohhh he's about your age right." Jubilee wiggled her eyebrows.

"Go sit with your mom." Jubilee shook her head and went to sit down smiling to herself.

"I'm sorry Patrick can't join us his meeting is running late but I'll of course fill him in with everything." Maria nodded

"Of course...Uh Michael." Michael turned to face her "can I talk to you over here for a sec."

"Yeah." Michael went over to the door where Maria stood. "what?"

"You need to leave."

"Why should I.?"

"Cause you'll ruin everything I'm working for."

"And what exactly are you working for." Michael asked smirking leaning down so their mouths were inches away from each other.

"Leave please." Maria replied

"Fine but I'm not letting this go." Maria watched as he left. She closed her door and turned around to see the two lee women staring at her.

"Pesky neighbors." Maria explained Jubilee smirked

"Yeah right."

"Please follow me to the table." Maria said smiling she lead them to a small table where they sat down

"Please let me help you." Emily offered.

"No your my guest please sit and I'll get you something to drink." once Maria finished serving she sat down and they began to eat.

"So tell me about this school of yours"

"It's not mine. It belongs to a man by the name Charles Xavier he himself is a mutant like me and your daughter. He founded the school so that kids like ourselves can go to study and play and use our gifts without feeling ashamed of ourselves or afraid that someone might see us. Jubilee is a junior in high school so she has the choice of going to a public school with mutants that go to the school as well or attending school inside the mansion. it has all the classes she needs. The rooms are single sex rooms so you don't need to worry about her sleeping in the same room with boys."

"Wait so this school has boys."

"Yes of many ages the oldest is...well we're not quite sure of his age and the youngest is 6."

"What do you mean not quite sure of his age."

"Emily it's quite a long story one that will take up most of our time but I assure you he is very kind with new students."

"Very well please continue and I'm sorry for the interruption."

"No problem. The school is also equipped with some of the best technology. We have a room where the students have complete computer access including internet. Some students are also equipped with laptops if wanted one so they don't wait in line."

"Wow." Jubilee murmured. Maria laughed

"Once a week students will be called in so they can be tested in our danger room now before you worry cause I know that's a horrible name for a room and I'm trying to get it changed. It's a room much bigger then this apartment the student are tested on the ability of their powers by performing challenges and if they complete the challenge or level then they pass if they don't then we work with them until they do. If they are in any immediate danger more advanced students will come in and help or Professor Xavier will turn off the simulation."

"Has anyone died.?" Emily asked

"No of course not we have never had a case where anyone was every in the position to be killed." Maria reassured her "Of course if Jubilee does attend, she will not go in the danger room right away she, along with other new students, will attended sessions in the watching area where they will watch people who have been doing it for years. They will attended these for about a year or until they feel comfortable to give it a try. If they don't want to and are afraid then they will be assessed in some other way."

"Well let me get in insider's point of view. How long have you been in the institute?"

"14 years." Maria replied simply

"Oh dear child why in heavens name that long."

"I started there when I was seven and I just never wanted to come back and my mom was afraid my powers were to out of wack for me to live at home so I just stayed and the people there have become my family."

"So you like it there."

"Ohhh I love it and once I finish up here I'm going back as soon as possible."

"So I take it you don't like Roswell?"

"Well I have bad memories of my relationship with my mother when we first discovered I was a mutant. My temper would blow up kitchen utilities when my mom was using them and my mom would yell at me to control it. Mind you I was seven at the time." Maria stopped this was too much information to share with a complete stranger

"Go on."

"Well my mom sent me to New York and I went to the institute where people understood what was happening. Things blew up on occasion and most of them were not my fault and when they were people would laugh and not scream at me for almost killing them and I felt right at home."

"That's great."

"Thank you."

"Now if we do let her go will she be able to visit holidays or birthdays."

"Ohhh of course we recommend the students spend the holidays with their families plus that's when we get the mansion all to ourselves the original 10 students it's very relaxing plus we know that some student's family don't live in New York but across the country so like them to go visit them."

"Do they get allowances?"

"Yes twenty dollars a week if they do all their chores which might include cleaning their rooms of course, washing dishes which do add up, cleaning bathrooms, washing the cars, or even making dinner. It all varies but each week the student gets a print out of what everyone is doing that way they know what their suppose to do to get their money...Or they can get a job, since I'm at the age where all I have to do is cook I work with my friend at a garage or I steal Logan's credit card." Maria shrugged as the two women laughed. Maria got up and cleared the table.

"Well thank you Maria I will talk to Patrick later tonight and I will call you by the end of the week with the answer." Emily smiled as she got her purse

"Ohhh thank you Jubilee will be a wonderful addition to our school." Maria hugged Jubilee and Emily and showed them the way out. She said good bye again and closed the door. She let out a deep breath and feel against the door. As long as all the meetings were that productive she had nothing to worry about...Right?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Part 11 is in progress and almost done I plan to have it done by tuesday wednsday at the latest!!! Hope you like part 10!!
"My girlfriend's the whore! My girlfriend's the whore!!" ~Kirk, Gilmore Girls

"I tried to buy a life on EBAY but they were to expensive"~Me

"I like this shirt. It makes it look like I have boobs." ~Krisy, Bathroom

"I dont like mayo...it taste like mayo"~Wendy, Sin City premiere
kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

LOL general chaos!!! I love that!! thanks for all the reviews by the way my names Kassandra (I'm only telling you guys this cause I don't like being called Kass not to be mean or anything but yeah just wanted to tell you all!!!) ok now on ward to part 11!!

Part 11:

4 months later:

"I say we go in." Michael stated as he and the group were sitting at their usual table for their daily meeting and of course the topic of this discussion was Maria DeLuca. Michael saw Liz put her head in her hands and look up at him wearily

"Look she's one of my friends and I trust her like I trust you yeah she hasn't been the nicest person but we are not I repeat NOT going to be breaking into her apartment." Liz calmed herself "I don't care how suspicious you are of her."

"Liz weird things are happening when we're around her." Kyle said

"Yeah well weird things happen when I'm around you guys too." Liz retorted

"No I mean like weird. I was in Michaels apartment the other day and she started yelling and I mean yelling. She always has people over and when her cell goes off at the garage she goes outside then when she comes in she looks pissed it's not normal she'll come in mumbling things about a stupid bastard."

"Kyle that sounds like a normal twenty one year old who's having problems with her friend or maybe even a boyfriend."

"We asked her about it and all she did was laugh and tell us it's none of our business."

"in which she has a point. it isn't any of our business."

"look in about 30 seconds Maria is going to walk in here ask for her food and leave then she will disappear for god knows where and then we'll hear her yelling in her apartment by seven."

"Kyle Michael drop it you are not breaking into her apartment."

"Who's apartment?" They all looked up to see Maria with a sad look on her face.

"Hey Maria." Liz said standing up

"Hey Liz...I ordered my food over the phone..."

"Oh yeah let me go get it." Liz disappeared into the back.

"hey Maria what's wrong you look so sad." Tess asked

"ohhh I'm just a little homesick hopefully I get to go back by next month."

"ohhh."

"so how are you?" Isabel asked

"about the same since Tess asked me what was wrong about 2 seconds ago. Is everything all right."

"yeah where are you going right now." Max asked

"wouldn't you like to know." Maria laughed but stopped when she saw the serious look on Max's face. Liz came out of the back. "I was kidding...I go out to the desert." Maria caught the look Michael gave to Max. It was a warning look

"why?" Max asked

"ok what's with the questions...I go out there to eat my breakfast and think."

"About? Isabel looked at her accusingly Maria glared at them

"About why the hell I'm still in Roswell!" Maria grabbed her food and handed Liz the money and stormed out of the cafe. Michael ran after her. He caught her as she got into her car.

"hey wait."

"what?!"

"meet me at the mall at noon."

"and why should I?"

"please we don't have to work and I'll explain to you what that was in there." Maria stared at him

"fine whatever. meet me at Starbucks and if your late I will leave." Maria was about to leave but Maria stopped her again

"wait how did you know there's a Starbucks at the mall I thought Tess said you hate shopping."

"I lied." with that said Maria took off towards the desert. Michael walked back into the diner to see Liz yelling at her husband to be. she took one look at Michael and stormed over to him

"I need to talk to you NOW!!" Michael suppressed a groan but followed Liz to the backroom anyway.

"what did you need to talk about Liz." Michael asked

"Are you happy now Michael!! You just drove away one of my best friends. I don't give a damn on why she's here and the only reason your more then willing to sabotage her stay here is because your to f*cking scared to admit you have feelings for her! Don't deny it You'd rather send her packing back to New York then watch her from afar!!"

"I wasn't going to deny it." Michael muttered

"GOD Michael you are so selfish you don't..."

"I'm not selfish Liz! I'm just trying to protect our secret as well as yours and Kyle's."

"Well no one asked you to protect it let alone ruin my life!"

"How the hell am I ruining your life!"

"your driving away a friend I haven't seen in over 14 years."

"Exactly! Who the hell comes back to Roswell once they get out! admit it liz that question has been eating you up inside!"

"yeah but I push it to the back of my mind and ignore it. For months I have been running from the FBI, police and other types of law enforcement. When Maria came I felt normal again I felt like a normal twenty year old"

"Well your not."

"Don't you think I know that Michael. God I just want to act normal. I want to start planning my wedding. I want to go to the mall with Iz and Tess without constantly looking over my shoulder thinking someone is watching! Damnmit I want to be normal!!"

"keep wishing luz cause we're not 'normal' and we'll never know what that feels like." Liz glared at Michael

"Stay away from Maria I mean it!" Liz bit out before running up the stairs to her apartment.

"Sorry Liz I can't do that." Michael went back out to the diner.

Maria parked on he overhang of the cliff by the desert. She got out her breakfast and went and sat on the hood of the car.

'what the hell is going on out here first Max and Isabel interrogate me and then Michael says he'll explain everything then Liz acts like she doesn't know anything about it...argghhh I hate this damn town.' Maria thought as she took bites of her food

'god I wish Alex was out here...but no he in Switzerland get feed by hot nurse...What the hell am I thinking the reason he's getting feed by nurse's is because Wanda sent him there...DAMNMIT!!' Maria through the box over the cliff and began to cry

"why is everything so screwed up!" Maria screamed still crying. once she got herself together she checked her watch. ten thirty she still had 2 hours left before she had to meet Michael might as well drown her sorrows in maxing out Logan's credit card.

kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

Ok here's part 12 I hope you guys like it and thanks for the reviews!! ohhh and Elf don't worry about calling me kass it doesn't matter plus calling me Ruvalcaba would have been weird since it's my last name lol!! So since you guys have been sooo nice on the reviews and everything I've decided to add in my surprise now instead of later!! hope you like it!!

PART 12:

Maria had drowned her sorrows by maxing out Logan's credit card and truth be told she felt good. She had gone to Victoria's Secret, Aroma Palace, Shoe Mansion, Barnes and Noble, Girl2Girl, Robinson's May, Mervyns, Sears, and Ross. Hell she felt better then good she felt excellent. She was now going to Starbucks to meet Michael, cold air hit her on the way in she looked around and saw Michael picking at a scone.

"Hey!" Maria said in her new found mood. She put all her bags on the ground next to the chair. Michael eyed the bags

"I thought you hated shopping."

"I lied." Maria reminded him. "I'm going to go order something I'm so parched from shopping." Maria turned and went to the counter and ordered a brownie Frappachino and a blueberry scone. She turned and sat down across from Michael. He just stared at her.

"You told me you'd explain." Maria reminded him he blinked and nodded

"Look you coming back after 14 years is just a little out of the norm."

"Wait hold on a sec You waited 4 months to tell me my coming back is out of the norm."

"No...Yes...wait stop." Michael closed his eyes and looked up at her. "you haven't been the easiest person to talk to between you kicking us out of your apartment, your sarcastic remarks and your threats we haven't really gotten to talk to you. Look Liz is afraid that you don't think of her as your best friend anymore. You not including her in anything you do I mean look at you now. How many times have the girls invited you shopping and how many times have you declined. Yet here you are with twenty shopping bags at your feet."

"Michael what the hell did you..." Maria was interrupted by the waitress bringing her her order. "thank you."

"No problem." The waitress stared at Maria for a minute then turned and left. Maria continued

"...what the hell did you expect! That I was just going to let them into my life again without hesitation. Look I've been through a lot of shit theses past few years my friends back in New York have been behind me and helped me through all of it. God Michael think about it. Of I had had a choice to stay what would have happened." Michael shrugged "I would still be Liz's best friend and maybe we would have a better friendship."

"Well Maria we were never friends before what makes us friends now?" Maria looked at him with an expression less face.

"Your right...your completely right," Maria looked down at her hands. " What makes us friends now. I haven't let you in on anything in my life and truth be told I don't plan to because it's none of f*cking business." Maria said all this without any emotion evident in her voice,

"hey you guys." Maria turned to see Tess, Isabel and Liz heading towards them. Isabel pulled up a seat and sat next to Michael, Tess at his other side and Liz between Isabel and Maria.

"Wow looks like someone did some major shopping today." Tess said looking down at her bags.

"yeah I had to stock up on some stuff." Maria replied

"So what have you two been talking about?" Isabel asked, Michael grunted and took a sip of coffee staring at Maria. Maria stared back as she reached for her coffee

"Oh My God there's that guy that was following us." Isabel said Tess and Liz all turned to look Maria continued her staring contest with Michael "oh my god he's headed this way." Maria rolled her eyes just as she felt two cold hands covering her eyes Isabel squeaked. Maria was ready to flip the person over When she heard "guess who?" Being whispered into her ear. She giggled as the breath tickled her ear. She immediately placed the voice and instantly grabbed the two hands.

"OH MY GOD!" Maria squealed as she flung herself onto the man behind her.

"Hey yourself."

"Your here." Maria hugged him not letting go for fear he might disappear.

"Yeah I had to come back for you birthday next month."

"yeah you missed it last year I better get one hell f a present... Don't you ever scare me like that again." Maria punched his arm

"OW bad arm."

"oh my god I'm so sorry."

"I was kidding."

"I hate you!" Maria hugged him again "it's all my fault you know."

"No it's not Logan kept telling me you blamed yourself and you shouldn't It was my fault for taking newbies with me."

"Yeah that was an idiot move,"

"Hey." Maria laughed "so are you going to introduce me to your friends or am i going to have to guess." Maria rubbed her chin in mock thinking

"I'll introduce you."

"Okay." he pulled up a chair and fit it in between Tess and Maria.

"okay so this is Tess, Liz, Isabel and Michael. You guys this is Alex my best frither."

" Frither?" Michael questioned

"Best friend plus brother is frither Maria is my Best Frister meaning best friend and sister." Everyone nodded in response. Alex looked down at the bags at Maria's feet.

"so I hear you were following my friends here." Maria said smiling at the looks he was giving Isabel

"No just following one." this caused Isabel to blush "Plus I knew that you would be in the mall, drinking coffee after hours of shopping so Starbucks was my best bet. Let me guess pent up anger and Logan's credit card equalled all this." Maria nodded "thank god your not in New York or you would Have already hit Bendels, Barneys and every other mall." Maria laughed

"but Maria hates shopping." Liz said

"You kidding That's the only way to get this girl get her emotions out. In-between signing of receipts." Alex laughed and Maria blushed

"Alex when can I go home?" Alex shrugged

"when you finish. I saw you only had a few."

"Can we go back to the apartment and see how many cause I really want to go back." Alex nodded

"I don't see why not." Alex got up as well as Maria. "it was nice meeting you." he started walking away.

"Hey Alex."

"yeah." Alex asked returning when he didn't see Maria following him

"are you forgetting something."

"I don't think so." Maria looked at the bags as did Alex "I'm here less then five minutes and already I'm your personal shopping slave." Maria giggled as she watched Alex grab all the bags and Walk out of the Starbucks.

"I'm sorry I'm ditching you guys but I haven't seen Alex in almost 2 years and I've missed him so much and he also..." Maria started to giggle as Alex made funny face in the window. "also just got out of the hospital."

"your still coming to dinner tomorrow night at Kyle's right you can bring Alex." Isabel said

"uh...Well as long as my mom's not there we should be able to go." Maria smiled got her purse and coffee and left they saw her walk off laughing with Alex.

"I was shot and saved by an alien king wanna hang with me." Liz said close to tears. Isabel grabbed her hand.

"you all right Lizzie." Isabel asked

"No can she really replace me." Liz asked

"Liz she seen you in over 14 years." Tess reminded her

"exactly. I mean I may sound a little selfish but she hasn't seen him in almost TWO years and she's all over him! She hasn't seen my in more then a decade and she just ditches me."

"Tess why don't you and Liz continue shopping I've got to get home. Michael can you give me a ride." Michael looked up and nodded. he got up and left following Isabel.

"are you ready for this Iz."

"I guess. You've done a B&E before and I've done a Pursuit when topolsky was here so it'll be a piece of cake."

"okay then lets do this." they got in Isabel's car and headed towards Maria's apartment.

"I can't believe what that bitch did to you." Maria said as she looked at Alex's split lip. She hadn't noticed it before since she was so caught up in her excitement to see him.

"it's not as bad as what I had."

"Oh god Alex."

"No hear this I had a broken jaw, a fractured rib and a broken leg and arm plus a bunch a bruises."

"Oh god. I know she's not that powerful."

"no but when you have 20 tons of ice heading your way shit happens." Maria laughed "Oh it's so nice to know you find my pain funny."

"As a matter of fact I do." Maria pulled up in the parking lot and ran up the stairs to the apartment Alex behind her carrying all her bags she opened the door and Alex put all the bags in her room and went to the desk where her laptop was.

"so how long have you been here in the states?" Maria asked

"since last week once I got to New York . Logan packed me up and kicked my bony ass out of the school and told me to get over here ASAP."

"oh come on Alex your ass is not bony." Maria laughed

" Thanks, So what's with your friends?" Alex asked as he logged on. Maria shrugged and handed him a Snapple

"I don't know Liz feels sort of 'neglected' cause I don't hang out with her. I can't handle making friends again i mean god it's been hard keeping out of my mom's radar." Alex laughed

"I'm guessing I can uncross my fingers then."

"yeah I'd defiantly keep them uncrossed." Maria laughed "I'm not going to sit down and have a heart-warming conversation with her. I don't even think I'd sit down with her." Alex turned

"Don't you think your being a little harsh."

"The woman told me she didn't love me do you think it's harsh now!"

"And are you going to throw that in my face every time we talk about it."

"YES!" Alex rolled his eyes and turned back around Maria closed her eyes whine she heard Alex laugh "what's so funny?" Maria said irritably

"What's Isabel's last name." Maria looked at him

"uh...Evens. Whey you wanna ask her out or something."

"Does she have a brother?" Alex asked ignoring her last comment

"Yeah."

"Name."

"Max. Why?"

"come check this out." Maria walked over to the computer and gasped at what she saw

"god their never going to come out Michael." Isabel said

"just keep a look out. Iz they've got to come out eventually."

"Oh my god... Alex is there any way to see the list of people I haven't checked off."

"yeah just a sec." Alex went to the menu and clicked 'check unchecked'. Sure enough there were six people left unchecked.

Evens, Isabel........................1265 Crash Ave.
Evens, Max..........................3434 UFO Landing
Guerin, Michael..................1275 UFO Landing Apt # A
Harding, Tess......................6743 Sighting Way
Parker, Liz..........................3434 UFO Landing
Valenti, Kyle.......................6743 Sighting Way

Maria started hyperventilating and began to fall. instinctively Alex grabbed a paper bag out of his pocket that he always kept and gave it to Maria. The bag crinkled as she breathed in and out of the bag.

"wanna go for a ride?" Maria nodded "okay come on." Alex grabbed the keys and walked slowly down the stairs with Maria leaning on him still breathing into the bag. 'note to self defiantly find a different way to tell her her friends are mutants.' Alex thought to himself

"Okay there they go" Michael said as he saw Maria breathing into a bag and Alex guiding her to the car. Michael hoped out of the car. "call me when they get back or if anything happens." Isabel nodded she put on her sunglasses and started to go only to find herself going backwards "subtle they'll never notice you going on reverse."

"Hahahaha" Isabel put it in drive and followed them. Michael ran across the street and bounded up the stairs until he reached Maria's door. He looked around when he saw that no one was around he opened the door with his powers and walked in.

"first stop bedroom." he walked down the hall and tried opening the door to find it locked. He used his powers and opened it to find a training room. he walked in and heard something crunch under his shoe he moved his foot to see a piece of plastic he looked over and saw a corner where little tiny piece of plastic lay in a pile he went over to it and examined it.

"a stereo, no wonder I haven't woken up to Linkin Park lately." He looked around and saw weights lining the room along with two punching bags in the middle of the room. The whole floor was cover in a blue mat. He walked out of the room and relocked it. he went down the hall and opened the next door. it had a bed but looked more like a guys room there was a bag on the bed that was still unpacked "must be Alex's room." he closed the door and went to the next "bathroom." Nothing interesting in there. finally he came upon a the last door.

Alex parked at the overhang Maria had pointed out, she still wasn't talking only giving hand signals. they sat there Maria was still breathing into the bag. Alex took the bag away from her.

"You okay?" Alex asked Smiling Maria shook her head "it'll be okay at least now you van tell them what's been going on."

"Alex." Maria said weakly Alex nodded "I don't want them caught up in all my crap. I mean between me wanting to kill Wanda and Magneto wanting to kill me..."

"Wait Magneto thinks your dead."

"If he attacked you he knot's I'm alive...Look the point is I don't want them to see how f*cked up my life is!"

"your Life isn't F*cked up. it's a shitty life but not a f*ucked up one." Maria laughed

Michael found Maria's room he went in to find all her shopping bags on the ground. he looked over at her night stand where there were four picture frames he picked one up. It was of Maria and Alex Maria was over Alex's shoulder laughing Alex was also laughing.. He noticed something in Maria she had something in her eyes. Something he had never seen before...Happiness. He put that one down and picked up another one. This one Maria was in some guys arms He was much older then Maria maybe around his thirty's she was also laughing he had a smile on his face her eyes were the same as in the other picture. HE picked up the last two. one was of A group of people in a dog pile. HE spotted Maira and Alex, there was also about seven other people in the pile. The last one was a group picture that was posed they were all wearing the same kind of outfit. The guys were wearing black jumpsuits with a belt the buckle was an encircled X. All of the girls were also wearing the jumpsuit except for Maria she was wearing a black shirt under a black dress that went mid thigh with a pair of black tights and knee high boots. She was also wearing the belt with the encircled X. the only person wearing a suit was a bald man in a wheelchair. Michael felt his Cell Phone vibrate. He put the pictures back and answered

"Yeah."

"Michael me Iz"

"Yeah sort of figured that"

"Their by the cliff pretty close to the pods but aren't showing any signs of leaving."

"Okay...Hey if you were some sort of clue where would you be."

"maybe in a purse, wallet maybe even a computer. God I thought you were good at this." Michael rolled his eye and hung up. He spotted Maria's purse on the bed he picked it up and emptied it he found her wallet and opened it.

"a credit cards in some guys name, A credit card in Alex's name and a credit card in Maria's name...damn this girl does like to shop" He found a white card the had a black strip across the top and numbers on the bottom finally he found a drivers license and a school Id. "N0ew York Driving license..."he put that back in her wallet then fingered the Id Card across the top were 'Xavier's Institute for Gifted Youngsters' "ok so Maria's smart." He looked at the information on the card all hand written

Name: Maria Rose Deluca
X- Name: Electra
Nicknames: Too many to count (mars, Ria, El,)
Address: 1202 Cambridge Way Room # 80

Michael put the Id in his pocket and headed into the living room where he saw the computer. he moved the mouse and waited for it to go to the screen the first thing that caught his eye was their names and addresses. He went to Menu and pressed print. then went back and clicked 'Check all' he got the paper and looked back at the screen

"Holy Shit." There on the screen was a list of over forty people he printed that out as well.

"god Alex do you really think they'll go I mean Argghhh I hate this!" Maria flung out her hands sending out electric bolts out into the desert making rocks explode.

"You know what?"

"What?"

"Tomorrow I will take you shopping then we'll go to the dinner and explain everything. Okay." Mari nodded

"you know you can't just cover my anger up with shopping sprees right."

"I can try."

Once all the pages had printed out. Michael's cell vibrated again

"Yeah."

"their on their way."

"okay."

"Michael I mean on their way to the apartment."

"What."

"Their parking."

"thanks for the warning Iz!" Michael said sarcastically as he ran to the door and relocked it and ran down the stairs almost bumping into Maria and Alex

"Michael." Maria looked down at the floor

"Hey." Alex said

"Hey."

"sooo." Maria looked up at him then back at the floor "I'm going to head upstairs." Maria ran up the stairs covering her face

"she Okay?" Michael asked

"no but she'll be better tomorrow." Alex ran up after her. Michael went over to Isabel's car out in front and got in.

"yyou will not belive what I saw." Were the frist words that left Isabels mouth as they drove towards Kyles' house.

SUPRISE ALEX IS BACK!!!!
i hope you like it Part 13 is in progress!!

kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

Whoooo took me a while huh? but I finally got it up....I know How stupid of me not to save it...But I swear I thought I did or I would have had this part up waaaaay sooner!! So I hope you like it!!

Part 13:

Maria let the water hit her face letting it wash away her tears. Just a few more days and she'd be out of this damn town. She processed everything that had happened in the last few days. magneto knew she was alive or else why would he send Wanda to attack Alex, Alex came back from the hospital, Her childhood friends were mutants and she had to get them to come to the institute so they could be trained to help fight Magneto. Where had her life gone from unliveable to Shitty!! She turned off the water, wrapped a towel around herself and went to her room to change for that damn dinner

Alex heard Maria's bedroom door close. He continued staring at the T.V screen but not really watching it. He felt sorry for Maria she was like a sister to him. She had been through so much when they had first found her locked in Magnetos mansion. Before he had left last year she had to fake her own death to get him to stop with murder attempts. It was hard for her to really trust someone and when you finally gained her trust she was one of the most talkative people you would ever meet. She would share anything with you and you felt compelled to share anything with her. She was a great listener and an even better talker. He heard her door open again and she walked out.

"How does this look?" She asked .She was wearing Black leather pants and a crimson tube top and black knee high leather bots.

"Uh...Not right for dinner at your...brothers." Alex Laughed he just couldn't help himself. Maria glared at him

"Shut up...Fine I'll go change." Maria went back into her room. Alex knew going to go tell her childhood friends what she was and what she was doing here was gong to be hard for her.

"Ok now how bout this?" She was wearing a light blue sundress blue sandals and her hair was up in a high ponytail.

"To causal but I like the hair and I liked the leather boots on the last outfit." Maria looked at him

"Are you sure your not gay?"

"I'm sure."

"Fine be right back." She went back to her room. He loved Maria as his sister and they both knew that they would give up their lives for each other if it came down to it.

"How bout this?" She was wearing hip hugging jeans and a dark green pheasant top bringing out the electricity of her eyes Her hair was still up in the ponytail and she was wearing the boots.

"Much better lets go." He turned off the TV grabbed the car keys and lead her out of the apartment.

"I know what I saw. She had powers." Isabel said they looked at Amy who had looked down

"Yeah that's her That's why I sent her to Live with her Uncle Eric. She was just to untamed. She would have massive temper tantrums and things would begin exploding or breaking. and it scared me. I had lived with my brother and he was the same but he knew how to control it. I thought if I had sent her to live there she would learn to control it. After I left i just never went back. Oh god I'm a horrible mother." Liz walked over to the older woman and hugged her as she cried Jim did the same.

"no your not you just did what you thought was right at the time."

"SO are you saying Maria is like us?" Max asked

"No she's like us...She's a mutant." Kyle responded

"Just don't push her to tell you she will run. Just let her tell you." Amy said They all nodded. There was a knock on the door.

"That must be them." Kyle went to answer the door.

Maria sat staring at her childhood home.

"Are you okay...Do you need the bag?" Alex asked. Maria shook her head.

"No to the bag or no to the are you okay."

"Both." Maria answered

"You ready?

"No but I guess I have to go anyway." Alex went around and opened her door and grabbed her hand as he lead her to the door and knocked. the door opened and there stood Kyle.

"Hi Kyle this is Alex My friend from school." Maria said as she came into the house

"nice to meet you."Kyle said as he shook Alex's free hand.

"Same here Maria's told me a lot about you."

"Good things I hope."

"Yeah all good." Maria stopped walking and stared at a lady that was sitting in the living room.

"You okay?"

"Take me home." Maria whispered.

"What why."

"I said take me home!" Maria said louder getting everyone's attention.

"Maria..."Amy went over to her a began to hug her.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Maria yelled She gripped Alex's hand harder.

"Maria let me..."

"NO!" Maria turned to Alex "please take me home." Alex shook his head "Alex."

"Maria please at least look at me." Amy pleaded Maria turned to her fury evident in her eyes

"Why...do you even know what happened in that god forsaken house...He locked me in that room for months...I never even had a normal childhood because you left me with him...I had to fake my own death Last year so he could stop sending people to try to kill me...You told me you didn't love me anymore." The lights began to flicker. She turned to Alex who was staring at her. "It wasn't mean ...I swear it wasn't me."

"I know."

"Do you think...Oh god he knows Alex he knows. Please I don't want to go back. I don't want to be boarded up...Ahhhhhhhhhhhh." Maria was sent flying into a wall.

"Maria."Alex yelled.

"Ah dear cousin I finally found you..."A girl came in wearing a crimson trench coat. Black tube top and Leather pants. Her hair had a boyish haircut. Maria groaned as she stood up.

"Can we make this fast...So you know I'm alive good or you." Maria lifted up her Hand. "And your not going to be...You attacked one of ours." Maria sent a ball of electricity towards Wanda. Wanda lifted up[ her hand and sent it back to Maria. Maria screamed as the ball hit her chest She felt the electricity coursing through her body wanting to get out but Wanda wasn't letting it. Maria screamed again.

"Wanda Let her go!" Alex yelled

"As for you I thought I got rid of you back in Switzerland." Wanda said

"You thought wrong." Alex sent a blast of ice towards Wanda. She deflected it Sending it back to Alex. Alex ducked barley dodging it. "let her go." Alex said again

"Fine but only if she promises to not hurt me."

"did you hear that Maria."

"Yes damnmit I heard. Now let me go." Wanda thought about it.

"Fine...I've had my fun." Wanda lowered her hand Maria was lowered to the ground panting. She took one look at Wanda and lunged Tackling her down. She punched her in the jaw.

"You promised."Wanda said

"That promise was as worthless as you are you little Slut!" Maria punched her again "now send this little message to my uncle. I'm alive and well and the only way I die is of natural cause Got it." Maria punched her one more time and got off her."Bitch." Maria spat on her. Wanda disappeared almost evaporating. Maria began to hyperventilate and fell down an the floor.

"Maria." Alex went over to her and handed her the paper bag. "You did good. Did you see her face when yo tackled her...You did way better than I did back in Switzerland. You okay." Maria shook her head. She was rocking back and forth breathing in and out of the bag. Tears streaming down her face. "your okay baby...Come on lets go to the car." LAex picked her up and carried her to the car. He put her in the passengers seat and turned to the 8 bewildered people.

"Sorry about that big hunk of ice in the living room." Alex said

"What the hell was that." Jim said

"That was Wanda...Maria has a grudge against her since she tried killing me a few months ago."

"That's why you were in the hospital." Liz stated Alex nodded

"Look we came tonight to explain everything but then Wanda attacked and Maria saw her mom and everything shot to hell so Why don't you follow us back to the apartment and I'll explain everything. I can take three people." Alex said folding the front seat so it made room for them to climb into the back. Liz walked forward and got in the car. Kyle did the same. Max sighed

"Michael you go with them." Michael nodded and went and got in the car. Max and Isabel went and got in the jeep . Amy ran forward.

"Alex I don't know you but please take care of my baby." Amy said

"I've been doing that since we raided Magneto's mansion fourteen years ago." Alex said as he backed up. He headed for the apartment.

"You okay there El." Maria nodded. still breathing in and out.

"She going to be okay."Liz asked

"yeah this happens every time well since last year."

"Wait you called her El."Michael said

"Yeah her code name is Electra," Alex looked over at Maria. Her eyes were empty and staring into space. He grabbed her hand and She looked at him. He raised his hand and began to take the bag away from her but she began to breath faster. so he put his hand back on top of hers. HE parked in the apartment parking lot. Max parking next to him. He went around and carried Maria up the stairs into the apartment. The group followed him.

"I'll be right back." Alex went down the hall and into the bathroom. They heard the water begin to run.

"It's going to be cold okay." They heard him say. They heard a splash and Maria begin to scream. Everyone rushed over to see what was happening. They saw Maria sitting in the tub as cold water rushed down on top of her. Alex was sitting on the toilet watching as she cried.

"You okay now?" Alex asked Maria nodded still crying. He turned off the water. "there's a towel in her room can one of you go get it." Isabel went. She came back carrying it and handed it to Alex. "thanks." He gave it to Maria who made a grab for it and wrapped it around her shivering body. They all stood their as Maria Stopped crying.

"He knew didn't he...He went a year Making me believe I succeeded and the bastard knew." Maria whispered.

"I think he did...Want me to Call Logan or the professor."

"yeah you better. Don't tell them about me freak out though." Maria said Alex nodded.

"Um...Liz, Isabel can you help her the rest follow me." Alex go up and went towards the Living room. Max, Tess, Michael, And Kyle following him. They sat down as Alex made a call

"Hey Iceman here...Yeah...No Wanda attacked us but was aiming for Maria...no we think he knew along...okay I'll tell her...Yeah we should be going back by the end of the week...The last people are all here...Okay bye."Alex sat down. Isabel and Liz came out of Maria room.

"She's changing and drying her hair."Liz said sitting next to Max. Isabel sat on one of the counter stools. everyone was silent. They heard Mira come out of her room carrying a hair dryer aiming it to her hair. The plug was dangling just above her feet.

"Uh Maria."Liz said Maria looked at her.

"yeah."

"Don't you have to plug it in in order for it to work." Maria aimed it at Liz. She felt the Warm Air hitting her face.

"My powers are electricity I can manipulate it and create it." Maria put the dryer an the desk and put her hair in a messy bun " I guess you guys are waiting for an explanation."

"Oh god your here to kill us I knew it." Isabel said standing up and pacing. Maria stared at her.

"No if I was to kill anyone it would be my uncle and cousins I'm here to Recruit people to go to my school."

Ok there it is Part 124 coming soon ...Hopefully!!

kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

Part 14:

"your school." Michael repeated "you said you went to a boarding school."

"Yeah how would have reacted if I told you a went to a school for mutants?" Maria replied

"There's a school for people like us?" Liz asked

"Yeah that's where I've been for the last 14 years." Maria looked at Alex Who stared back "what'd they say?"

"That we can come back as long as you talk to them." Alex said Maria rolled her eyes

"Fine. Look we're all mutants here."

"No we're not." Michael surprised everyone when he said that

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Only four of you are mutants." Tess replied

"But my list said all of you..."

"Your list is wrong." Michael said putting the list he had printed out on the table. Maria took the paper and looked at it

"You broke into my apartment."

"Yeah." Michael put the ID on the table too.

"oh my god you took my school id..." She looked over at Alex who stared back at her. "You don't think..." Maria ran to her room and came back carry her purse she emptied on the floor and bent down and grabbed her wallet. she took out all the cards "oh my god Alex it's gone."

"What do you mean it's gone?"

"It's gone Oh god she must have come here first...Oh god oh god oh god." Alex directed her over to the recliner

"Michael when you went through Maria's wallet did you see a white blank card?" Alex asked Michael nodded

"Yeah had a black strip and numbers on the bottom right." Maria looked up at him

"Give it back!" Maria hissed

"I didn't take it." Michael defended "why what was it."

"It was a security card to our school!" Maria yelled "oh god oh god."

"Maria calm down was it on your bed."

"NO!!"

"Look I'll call them and tell them to deactivate the card and tell them to put the house on lock down okay." Alex reassured her Maria nodded. He went over to the phone and dialled the number

"what's the big deal." Kyle yelled Maria looked up at him.

"The big deal is that the card is like a master key only a few people have them and it opens a door that is very dangerous that if it fell in the wrong hands"

"then why did you have it?" Max asked

"Because me and Alex are part of that few people. We need them to open the training room when no one is in the control room." Maria looked over at Alex who had just hung up.

"Ok they deactivated it and are going into lockdown but they doubt she'll try anything right now." Maria nodded "look your tired why don't you go to sleep and I'll talk to them ok."

"Ok." Maria sighed she got up and walked to her room wearily. Alex sat down in the recliner

"Ok first I'm going to ask what you meant by only four of us are mutants. This list is based on any supernatural power usage." Alex said

"Michael, Tess And Isabel are not mutants but we're not humans." Max replied Alex looked up at him.

"Then what are you?"

"we're what Roswell is best known for." Tess replied Alex stared at them.

"Wait your al...Aliens." He saw Max nod. "Ok then um...wow...I guess you could still come I mean you stil have powers and you could definitly help."

"Alex you okay." Liz asked

"yeah its just this isn't in the manual. Look I'll still talk to you about the school since you are on the list and you will still be accepted but I can tell your training is probably going to be harder then Mutant training."

"Why?" Isabel asked

"Cause your intelligent life forms." Isabel snorted

"Not all of us." She looked at Michael who glared .

"ok look let me get al of this out cause it will take a while then you can ask questions." Everyone nodded "Ok me and Maria are what you call recruiters We go all over the world trying to recruit people to come to our school to get a better education or try to gain control of their gifts. Xavier's is a place of acceptance you use powers freely and people don't judge you. Some of the strongest are trained to help defeat Magneto, Who is trying to get Mutants to join his side, We are trying to bring him down. The school is safer then staying out in the open and if by any off chance the school is attacked we have much better chance of winning."

"Wait the school gets attacked." Isabel said

"Yeah at times but we kick the brotherhoods asses."

"The brotherhood?" Kyle questioned

"A bunch of Magneto's mutants."

"Bunch of wimps if you ask me." Alex turned around to see Maria leaning against the wall.

"What are you doing up."

"I talked to toad."

"really what did he say."

"said the scarlet witch was all shook up Magneto ordered Quicksilver to attack with Avalanche."

"Bad choice?" Maria snorted

"Yeah everyone knows Quicksilver likes to be in charge same as Avalanche so I doubt they'll even make to the school alive let alone go up against Jean, Cyclopes, Wolverine and Nightcrawler Yeah right." Maria smirked "Oh How I wish I was there."

"I know was there any other reason you came out."

"yeah I wanted to apologize to you guys." Maria turned to the pod squad "I don't like to get...Fr...people involved in my problems...Magneto isn't your guys fight it's mine and I hope that the reason that you go to the institute is to get training and not to fight cause I don't want anyone else sent to the hospital." Maria turned and closed her door

** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I know it's SHORT but I wanted to post before you started writing out death threats lol so here it is I'll try writing more later!!

*note* Scarlet Witch is Wanda, Quicksilver is her brother Peiatro(probably spelled that wrong) Avalanche is Lance the brotherhood is a band of loose cannon mutants that Mystique is in charge of but they answer to Magneto(X-Men Evolution)

kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

Part 15

Alex went over to the desk and picked up a manila(A.N those envelopes you put papers in) folder.

"This is all information about Xavier's. It has a phone number in there so you can talk to Xavier himself and get any questions answered." Alex put the packet on the table. Max got it and put it in his lap.

"Just to tell you Xavier's isn't about leadership and who controls each other it's about Teamwork, cause without it the school would sort of be pointless. Think about that. Now if you don't mind and don't have anymore questions I must get my beauty sleep." Alex said opening the front door He watched Liz follow Max out and the rest follow them.

"Night Alex." Isabel whispered hoping he wouldn't hear he

"Night Isabel." Alex smirked as he watched her leave beat red. Alex closed the door and went to his room

*next morning*

KNOCK KNOCK

Alex stumbled out of bed and looked at the clock. ten o clock! Who the hell wakes me up at ten o clock in the morning those bastards! He went past Maria's room. He heard her laughing and talking to someone. He knew who. He went to t the door to find Michael behind it.

"who in their right mind wakes up at this ungodly hour." Alex growled

"Who in their right mind is still asleep at this ungodly hour." Michael smirked

"touche" Alex said letting him in. "I sleep late and Maria's on the phone. so of course I'm the one to get woken up! why are you here again?"

"I never said."

"Oh well speak now"

"Um I wanted to talk to Maria."

"Ahhhhhh you have a major Jones for that girl."

"What the hell are you talking about. Are all mutants this weird."

"YES!" Alex said smiling "just kidding let me get her You can sit down." Alex went and knocked on Maria's door

"WHAT!!" Maria yelled

"YOU"VE GOT A VISTER!" Alex yelled back. he heard Maria grumbling and open her door

"Who is it Alex." Alex smirked she was still in her rubber ducky Pajamas.

"Why don't you came out and see."

"Fine." Maria still had the phone up to her ear. She went to the living room and saw Michael sitting on the couch

"Hey nice Pjs" Michael said smirking Maria looked down and blushed a dark shade of red

"Um let me go change and I'll be right out." Maria said. She hit Alex's arm and shut her room door "OH MY GOD!!!" They heard her yell. She came out a few minutes later in short shorts and a Light blue halter top. she put the phone back in the cradle and sat down at the counter.

"So what did you want?"

" I wanna know more."

"About?"

"The school and Mutants." Michael said Maria sighed.

"ok then you can treat me to breakfast!" Maria grabbed her purse and went to the door. Michael right behind her.

"I'll be back later Alex." He nodded and closed the door behind them. They walked down the street and came across a little cafe they went inside and sat down.

"So what exactly do you want to know?"

"How do you become a mutant?" Michael asked in a hushed voice. Maria laughed

"Michael I'll tell you right now there's no need to keep it a secret. When I first came back I wondered what kind of mutants would really hide out here but it turns out Roswell but it's full of them. I mean can't you feel them." Michael shook his head

"When I first walked into the Crashdown It was overwhelming I mean it was just radiating power even now I feel it."

"Hi welcome to The Hot Spot what can I get you." A blonde waitress asked

"Can a get a Carmel macciato." Maria said "and a coffee cake."

"I'll just take a regular coffee."

"Will that be all?" Maria nodded the waitress left.

"Maria? Maria Deluca is that you?" Maria turned and came face to face with an old lady in her seventies.

"Mrs. Harris? Oh my god!" Maria got up and hugged the lady she led her very to an empty chair at the table.

"Maria my dear how are you?"

"I'm fine. Mrs Harris this is Michael. Michael this is Mrs. Harris she use to be my English teacher at the institute."

"hi." Michael said shaking her hand

"Oh this ones a keeper unlike that Jason where is he?"

"Mrs Harris me and Jason broke up like 5 years ago he's going out with Courtney you remember Courtney don't you?"

"Oh cause I do that sweet girl who was boy crazy." Maria laughed. The waitress came back and set their orders in front of them

"Yes that would be her. Thank you" Maria said

"Oh it's so good to see you. Is Alex here?"

"Yeah he came down two nights ago." Maria took a sip of her coffee

"Ohhh when are you leaving."

"By the end of the week."Maria smiled

"well be sure to come by the house and say good bye and say hello to Xavier for me."

"Of course." Maria helped her up.

"One more thing how are your powers now."

"Much better and in control."

"that's good to hear. Bye dear." Mrs. Harris kissed her forehead and went outside.

"You guys close?"

"Yeah I loved that women. I was really sad when she retired."

"Is she a..."

"Mutant? Yes Xavier's doesn't just let anyone in"

"Your really happy there aren't you."

"Yeah I am. I feel really accepted and welcome unlike with my uncle."

"What happened Maria."

"Why?"

"I've never heard what happened."

"That's cause my mother never bothered to find out."

"Maria."

"I don't really want to talk about that plus that's not why we came out here right?"

"Right."

"Look Xavier's is a good place to learn control i know i learned a lot out of my training sessions."

"How long have you been there?"

"how long have I been gone?" Maria replied smiling "Their my family and friends. and i trust them with my lives. I sort of have to in my line of work."

"I sounds like you love it there."

"Oh god I do. It's beautiful and god there is never a reason to feel left out."

"We would be honoured to go to the school but we still have to..." Michael was interrupted by Maria's cell phone.

"Maria...Hey Alex...He did...No I didn't know...We can...Ok I'm on my way..."Maria put her cell phone back in her purse. and put down twenty dollars. "um...this should cover both of us. I have to go." Maria got up and left the cafe. Michael followed her.

"Wait what are you talking about."

"I think you know."

"No I don't"

"Bull! All that crap about being honoured and you guys go and decline the offer Michael cut the crap. If you didn't want to go you could have told me. Now i have to go home and pack" Maria turned and ran off. Michael watching her go.

WHOOOOOOOO finally finished this part. Sorry it took sooooo long but it's finally up. I hope you like it and the next part is coming soon...I hope! :lol:

kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

Part 16:

Michael Ran...No flew up the stairs to Max and Liz's apartment. He pushed the door open and saw everyone sitting around the living room.

"What the hell is all this!" he yelled. Liz was holding on to Max's hand. Isabel was looking out the window and Tess and Kyle were holding hands.

"Michael calm down . What are you talking about?" Max asked

"Cut the Crap Maxwell You made a decision without me!"

"It wouldn't have affected the outcome." Max said

"What do you mean?"

"I mean the decision was mine and I decided it's best we don't go!"

"Are you saying that all of us except you wanted to go."

"Yes but again it's best we don't You saw what happened at Amy's We don't need that."

"We would have protection Maxwell think about it!"

"NO we wouldn't you saw how Maria and Alex had to fight. We aren't up to speed with them. and it took everything out of her."

"This has nothing to do with Maria and Alex! You just don't want to go. Think about it. We would have people to help us control our powers."

"Nasado already tried with you and look how you turned out." Max said. Michael glared at him.

"MAX!" Liz yelled "God I swear! Me and Kyle are going. We talked about last night. We think it's BEST if we go and your four don't."

"Liz I already decided for us. You don't need that kind of lifestyle."

"No Max I don't need THIS kind of lifestyle. I'm always running from the law and I've been wearing this ring for the past two years, I'm sick of it. I'm going to New York. With or without your permission cause truth be told I don't give a damn!" Kyle stood up with Liz

"Sorry man but I really think that going is best." Kyle grabbed tess's hand and lead her outside Liz and Michale follwing them. Isabel looked at her brother.

"Max this was probably the worst decision you've made." Isabel turned and went down the stairs leaving Max contemplating his choice.

Alex got up off the couch and answered the door. he was surprised to see Michael, Tess, Liz, Kyle and Isabel all behind the door.

"come in." Alex said opening the door wider to let them all in.

"Thanks." Isabel said

"So what brings you five here and where's Max?"

"I want to let you know that Me and Kyle have decided to go unless it's to late."

"No it's not um...I'll call once Maria gets off the phone. She's been talking to Justin since she got back from breakfast."

"Justin?" Michael asked

"A friend She didn't tell you about him?" They shook their heads. Alex lead them to the living room where they sat down.

"Justin is her ex-boyfriend they ended on good terms though. He ended up going out with my ex girlfriend Courtney. We're all best friends. Your sure she never told you guys this?"

"Maria was never up for sharing." Tess said

"Yeah that's like her don't take it personally. She has trust issues. Justin and Courtney were probably the only person she trusted to keep her mutant status."

"Why does she have trust issues?" Isabel asked just as a squeal and a thud came out from Maria's room.

"Is it possibly to fall in love at first sight?" Maria asked putting some folded shirts into her duffle bag. She had Justin on speaker phone so she could get more done

"What are you talking about Mars?"

"I think I'm in love is all."

"Really who?"

"um...you know Michael the guy I've been telling you about."

"Really I'm happy for you."

"No I mean but it might not work. He didn't want to come to the school."

"I'm sorry then what happened?"

"I don't know I just ended up falling for him for far away. But I'm afraid of really letting him in ya know."

"Yeah I know"

"Do you regret what we had Justin."

"Every minute."

"Justin!"

"I was kidding! What do you mean like us being together or...."

"Sleeping together?" Maria finished " you can say it you know sex."

"Maria"

"S.E.X"

"Shut up! What brings up the question?"

"Nice change of topic. I don't know it's just I see you and Courtney together and I wonder if we were ever happy you know before we had sex."

"Us sleeping together had nothing to do with us breaking up and you know it."

"then why did we break up?"

"Cause we weren't in love...You didn't let me in until Alex was there with you."

"I'm sorry you know."

"Hey I didn't know what I was getting into with you." Maria laughed "so what time are you guys getting back tomorrow." Maria hung her head at the end of the bed she raised her feet in front of her

"We're leaving at like early in the morning way to early for you two but I'll call you at a reasonable hour...Why?"

"Cause I've got some news."

"Oh god You knocked Courtney up didn't you!?"

"NO!"

"Good cause I'm not ready to be a god mother!"

"Who said anything about you being the god mother! And when did kids come into the picture!"

"Oh come on Justin we all know when you do decided to marry Courtney and have kids me and Alex are the god parents."

"Yeah about that..."

"About what?"

"Iaskedhertomarryme." Justin mumbled

"Justin speak in English please and slower...and louder in fact."

"I. Asked. Courtney. To. Marry. Me."

"WHAT!"

"Yep she said yes." Maria's legs came tumbling down on her causing her to flip off the bed she squealed and hit her head on the dresser.

"Ow."

"that sounded graceful."

"Shut up! That hurt!" Alex came barging into her room

"What happened I heard you squeal and then I heard a thud."

"I did not squeal!" Maria argued

"Admit Mars your a squealer." Justin said from the phone

"Who the hell asked you Justin!" Maria looked behind Alex and saw Michael and everyone else behind him.

"Great you brought the whole army." Maria mumbled

"Who me?" Justin asked

"No not you, You dumbass...god now I remember why we broke up!"

"Low blow mars...real low blow." Justin laughed

"What are all you doing in my room?"

"I take it your talking to Alex." Maria just looked at the phone

"Yeah."

"Again I heard you Scream and I came in here."

"Justin told me something I got overly excited and flipped over and hit my head on the dresser." Maria explained

"and what was so exciting that you flipped over."

"The jerk proposed."

"To You!" Alex asked surprised

"NO!"

"NO!" They both yelled "I popped the question the Courtney She said yes. And how does that make me a jerk?"

"it's just I thought that when you did pop the question me and Alex would be there."

"Oh...well I wasn't actually going to propose till you guys came back but we were out to dinner last night and it was just perfect so my instincts just told me to go for it."

"Aww." Isabel and Tess both sighed. Tess hit Kyle

"ow what was that for?" Kyle asked

"Why can't you be that romantic." Maria laughed

"Mars how many people are listening to the conversation?"

"um...One two...five...Seven!"

"MARIA! You said that no one would be able to hear us!"

"Yeah well that was before you told me! Look I've got to go anyway and finish packing but I'll call you when we get to New York okay."

"fine we'll do lunch." Maria picked up the phone.

"Yeah okay...mmmmmm sounds good okay well see you then...bye." Maria hung up the phone and rubbed her head. "that really did hurt!" Alex helped her off the floor

"you okay?" He laughed

"Yeah I'll be fine...What are you guys doing her anyways?"

"Um why don't you come into the living room."

"but I've got to finish packing we're leaving tonight."

"I know but Liz wants to tell you something."

"Okay." Maria followed them into the living room and sat down next to Alex on the couch. "what is it you wanted to tell me?"

"We're going." Liz said Maria looked at them stunned.

"All of you?"

"No...just Liz and Kyle." Isabel said

"Oh ok well did the professor say it was okay." Alex nodded.

"Ok well then we'll see you tonight um...I've got to go finish....you know packing and all." Maria got back up and went to her room shutting the door.

"She didn't seem all that excited." Tess said

"Um...yeah she let her hopes get up hoping that someone else was going to go but I guess they either can't or just like messing with her emotions." Alex shrugged "Look why don't you and Kyle go back home and Pack. Meet us in the parking lot at twelve am ok." Liz and Kyle nodded

"Okay I trust you can see your own way out." Alex stood up and went to his own bedroom. Liz and Kyle left Followed by Tess Isabel and Michael

*Twelve am*
*Parking Lot*

"I'm going to miss you so much." Tess said as she hugged her boyfriend

"I love you Tess."

"Love you to Kyle." They kissed Maria made gagging noise. Kyle turned and glared at her.

"Where's Liz?" Alex asked

"Saying good bye to Michael." Isabel whispered hoping Maria hadn't heard. but she had.

"oh so he didn't wanna come down huh?" Maria asked

"I really don't know what goes on in his head I have no idea why he didn't come."

"Nah don't make excuse for him." Maria looked at Alex who gave her a sympathetic smile.

*Michael's Apartment*

"Michael why don't you come say goodbye?" Liz asked leaning on his bedroom doorframe. He was looking for something under his bed.

"I don't really feel like it." Michael said taking out an old shoebox.

"Come on it's going to be the last time you see me...Kyle...Alex...Maria...for who knows how long."

"I know....But me Iz and Tess have a plan...we'll see you in a week a months tops."

"Come on Michael...Max isn't even saying goodbye! What makes you think he'll change his mind...he's stubborn."

"yet your still marrying him!"

"Michael I've been in love with the guy since he saved me! Give me a break!" Michael laughed as he stood up and pulled Liz into a hug.

"Gonna miss you Liz."

"same here you big lug."

"Give this to her." He handed her a piece of paper.

"Who?" Liz played dumb

"Liz." Michael warned

"No say who"

"Maria give it to Maria!"

"Wow you gave in easy." Michael smirked

"Yes or no?"

"Of course I will." Liz hugged him once more and headed towards the door.

"See you when I see you." Michael smiled as she headed out. Liz walked down the stairs and towards the car. Se saw Tess and Kyle in a death grip not wanting to let go of one another. Isabel was talking to Alex and Maria was sitting in the car. Alex looked right at her and smiled she smiled back

"Okay lets get this show on the road." Alex said hugging Isabel taking her by surprise. He kissed her cheek and jumped into the drivers seat.

"Bye Izzy, Bye Tess."

"Bye Liz." Both girls hugged her and Liz got into the car. Kyle got in right next to her. Maria slipped on her shades and smiled.

"New York here we come!" Mara said as they pulled out onto the highway.

"why the hell are you wearing sunglasses at night?" Alex asked

"Cause I feel like it!" Maria retorted Liz smiled and took out the piece of paper Michael had given her to give Maria. She tapped Maria on the shoulder lightly. She turned in her seat. "yes."

"Michael told me to give you this." she handed her the paper. Maria go tit and turned back around in her seat.

"what is it El?'

"None of your business so keep your big nose out of it!"

"Jeez touchy aren't we." Alex laughed. Maria rolled her eyes and opened the paper carefully and smiled when she saw what it was.

"So tell me are we going to be driving the hole way to New York or will we be taking a plane?" Kyle asked

"Plane we're leaving the car and it'll be at the New York Airport when we get there. Trust me it'll take us the majority of the week to get to the school and you do not want to spend that much time with Ria in a car."

"SHUT UP ALEX!"

"See it's starting already." When they got to Albuquerque they got on the plane Alex and Maria sitting next to each other and Liz and Kyle stiing behind them.

"Mars you ok?" Alex asked as the plane started taking off

"Yeah fine...why?"

"YOur going to overwork to forget about him aren't you?"

"What the hell are you going on about."

"Maria your going to go right into your normal routine aren't you?"

"Yeah what's the big deal?"

"Maria we're just getting back they'll understand if you don't go right into training." The seatbelt sign turned off and Maria took off her seatbelt and turned to Liz.

"Liz I'll trade you seats."

"Um...ok." Maria started to get up.

"Good I wanted to get to know my sister better." Kyle said Maria closed her eyes

"On second thought I'll stay here."

"You sure?" Liz asked

"Positive." Maria sat back down in her seat.

"MAira just promise me you won't over do it. Take breaks Don't go into the Danger Room for hours at a time."

"I promise."

"Look I know that you just got your heart broken..."

"Wait a sec in order for me to get my heart broken I would need to be in a relationship... at no point in time while I was in Roswell was I in a relationship get that straight."

"Okay." Alex said holding up his hands in defence. 'This is going to be a loooong flight.' Alex thought

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Ok here's the next part I hope you guys like it and I'm sorry it took so long for me to get it up but I've been working on some side stories and have been getting ready for the arrival of my precious cousins!!!!!

On that note I might be out of town this weekend...nothing has been determined but I really want to go see them since I haven't seen them or my Grandma since last summer so I might be going with my Bro to go pick them up!!!! So I'm not sure when the next part Mutant Love or Witches Never Lie will be up but I'm hoping soon....never fear i will be writing on my way there....Or at least thinking about the next parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

Part 17:

*1 Month later*

"I love you too Kyle...Yeah we're working on it....Well if we're not there by then wish her a happy birthday for us! ok I'll talk to you later! bye" Tess hung up the phone and looked at Michael who was standing over her desk at the garage.

"What'd he say."

"He said that Maria's Birthday is Next week and she's pretty much avoiding him and Liz and only hanging with her other friends." Tess shrugged and continued doing the books.

"We have to convince him Tess."

"well that's your and Isabel's job, mine is to make sure that this shop stays open! Plus I say in two days tops he'll crack I don't think he can Live without Liz ."

"yeah we've used that route he keeps saying it was her choice to leave."

"well then you better hurry up if you want to see your girlfriend."

"Yeah I know...wait Maria is NOT my girlfriend."

"It's weird how you automatically think of Maria isn't it?" Tess said smiling as she walked towards the back.

"You tricked me!" Michael said smirking she poked her head out and smiled He had always confided in Tess she was like a sister to him.

"No I didn't." She came out and sat back down. "Michael it's been obvious that you two like each other since the moment you saw her."

"But you weren't there when we first saw her"

"I know but Kyle said there was some defiant chemistry between you two. And I don't mean the whole Max Liz 'stare into my eyes' kind of thing he said it was more 'stare into my eyes while I ravish you' kind of Lust!" Tess said "and after that I stopped him cause he had gone to far and..."

"Damn your just like her."

"who?"

"Maria she use to babble on and on when she was still living here...DAMNMIT there I go again. every little thing reminds me of her"

"Your a man in love deal with it!" Tess said walking away again. Michael just watched her go and groaned he went back into the garage to get some work done and get his mind away from a certain green eyed pixie.

*New York*

"We haven't seen you in like forever!" Courtney said as she hugged her best friend.

"I know. Did Justin tell you that we had lunch when I first got back."

"Yeah I'm sorry that I was out of town it was sort of short notice. my boss had this like meeting he wanted to me to go to in LA and it was suppose to save us like a million dollars. Something like that." Courtney said as if nothing. Maria just laughed as she sat down at the cafe with her.

"Don't worry about it Justin told me everything and then him and Alex went on a two hour rampage about football or basketball I don't know!" Courtney laughed and gave Maria her coffee.

"I got your fav."

"Thanks Cor!"

"So tell me everything."

"Everything about what. Roswell is a small little nothing town! what do you want me to tell you." Courtney just looked at her with a pointed look "Courtney he's gorgeous and perfect and accepts me for what I am!"

"But..."

"But I can't be with anyone right now in the middle of my uncle trying to kill me."

"Again"

"Yeah again."

"Do you love him?"

"I don't know Cor."

"Yeah you do."

"Yes god I love him! But he didn't even say good bye when I left."

"Come on Mars he must have done something to say good bye if not in the physically sense then in some other sort of way."

"I hate the fact that you can read me like a book." Courtney laughed as Maria pulled out a piece of folded paper and handed it to Courtney. Courtney took it and looked at Maria.

"It's not some like nude pic is it."

"Courtney just open it!" Courtney did as she was told she unfolded the piece of paper and gasped at what she saw.

"Oh my god Maria it's so beautiful! and it looks just like you did when we first meet you in elementary." It was of what she assumed was Maria. she was sitting on a rock with fairy wings and a little torn dress just like what fairy wore all around her was green crackling electricity.

"I know." Maria buried her head in her hands "it makes it so hard not to like him."

"You mean love. did he draw that after he found out about you?"

"Look at the date." Courtney looked down at the bottom corner '08/18/02' it read.

"It's like he knew what you were all along."Courtney slipped the picture into her purse. She had a plan for that picture and wasn't going to give it back to Maria until her birthday next week.

"god help me Courtney I have spent HOURS in the danger room to help me forget about him I have even avoided Liz and Kyle so I don't have to remember him! please.... I can't believe I'm actually saying this.....you have to set me up with someone PLEASE I beg you!"

"Maria there is no way I'm setting you up so you can forget the guy you love."

"I'm desperate Courtney! I mean there's no way in hell that their friend is going to let them come down here anyway! and I sure as hell am not going over there!"

"Maria you got to calm down look just do what you've been doing but don't fight it okay I mean you should take advantages of the connection the professor has! don't let that deal with NYU pass you up! I mean start going to classes. I just don't want you to obsess to find I way to forget your soulmate cause the more you try to forget the more you remember."

"my soulmate?"

"Yeah mars I think he your special someone."

"God I don't know what to think anymore!"

"Well how bout we just causally change the subject I mean I'm Getting MARRIED!!!!!" Courtney said Maria smiled the rest of the day was spent talking about the dresses and cake and flower arrangements. When Maria finally left Courtney and drove back home her thoughts instantly found their way back to a certain Spaceboy. She parked in the garage and walked up the steps to her room.

"Hey Maria!" Someone said from behind her. She turned around and found that it was Liz.

"Hey Liz." Maria said as she opened her door to her room and went inside Liz followed her in. "How's your training?"

"Good hard but it's going good I'm getting my power under control."

"Yeah I know how that is I was always electrocuting people."

"Yeah well I just didn't want to keep burning things." Maria laughed

"Yep how bout Kyle."

"He's also doing okay"

"He manipulates water right?"

"Yeah. He's never liked his power."

"umhmm." Maria said looking through her closet.

"Are you avoiding us? Cause I feel like ever time we walk into a room you get really uncomfortable."

"No I'm not avoiding you." Maria lied. "I've just been really busy."

"Maria every time we see each other you end up walking in the opposite direction."

"Liz think whatever you want. But I'm not avoiding you now can you leave cause I want to get dressed so I can train in the Danger Room." Liz nodded and left closing the door behind her. Maria got undresses and put on her uniform. and went down the hall and down the elevator to the basement.

*Secret Base in the Middle of Nowhere*

He walked down the hall his coat trailing behind him. He punched in the password to the screening room. The doors slid opened and closed before him. Flat plasma screen televisions where set up all along the north wall. HE went over to one and observed it.

"Ah Maria how are you doing with those powers of yours."

"She's gotten stronger then last year." Someone said from behind him.

"How did you get in? I locked that door." The question was followed by another question

"When do you want us to attack sir?"

"Be prepared we attack on her birthday."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

WHOOOOOO Took me a while huh??? I'm really sorry that I haven't been very good in posting new parts. But as you know my cousins were in town (annoying little devils!!! :twisted: ) and well I took them under my wing and introduced them to the world of Roswell!! Of coarse that didn't help much since all I got was the rolling of the eyes but with a little more time I think I might just have them hooked LOL

So I hope to have the next part up soon and I am truly sorry that I haven't posted more often!

and yes I do keep in mind what I said about TBC's!!! (You know who I'm talking about!!)

kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kassruvalcaba »

i thought you guys might want an update and i felt bad that i updated WNL and not this one so here it is hope you guys like it!!!!!!

Part 18:

"Max think about it please!" Isabel begged.

"Isabel I have thought about it and we're not going!"

"Maxwell please you know I'm not the one to beg and I'm still not but I think it's a good idea for us to go."

"Michael it's not up for discussion!"

"Max you've been out voted three against one." Isabel said

"We're not going it's not safe!"

"but you let Liz go." Isabel said

"I didn't let her go. She went without discussing it."

"Does that mean we can do the same?" Isabel said looking at Michael.

"I think we can."

"NO you can't! I make the decisions around here, we are not I repeat NOT going to New York!" Michael stormed out of the apartment and slammed the door.

"Max you probably just ruined his one chance at love. I just hope you know that." Isabel walked out of the apartment. Max sat on the couch his head in his hands.

"Michael what are we going to do he's just so stubborn." Isabel said. She saw Michael sitting on the couch in the break room as she descended the stairs

"I know Iz but somehow we're going to go I don't know how but somehow we're going to be there for Maria's birthday." Michael said

"Come on Maria we can take computers together." Alex said as he at the table Maria had set up on her balcony that overlooked the grounds. Liz and Kyle sat next them looking through the books in front of them. Professor Xavier had given them the chance to attend NYU in the fall and they were picking out their courses. Maria had taken Courtney's advice she had decided there was no use in forgetting Michael Guerin and there was no fighting it. so she started hanging out with Liz and Kyle. showing them the in and outs of the school.

"Why I would want to take computers when I have my own little computer geek sitting in front of me." Maria laughed as she flipped the page in her NYU book of courses.

"I'm not a geek...Ok yeah I am." Maria rolled her eyes.

"Anyway I want to take psychology." Maria announced. Alex, Liz and Kyle just looked at her.

"Why? So you can analyse your own problems." Kyle said

"Shut up!" Maria smiled behind her book. maybe just maybe this brother sister thing could work. "I've always wanted to become a Psychologist or a teacher never decided which but with all my problems I can't become either I'd be putting my students or clients in danger. So why not study it."

"What grade?" Liz asked

"Huh?"

"What grade would you want to teach?"

"Um I think third. It's a fun grade I mean your sort of getting them ready to be a big kid."

"What?" Kyle said

"The school I went to in elementary had two playgrounds on for the big kids and one for the little kids. The little kids were first through third and the big kids were fourth through sixth. So if I taught third it would be like I'm helping them make the transition form little kid to big kid. I know it sounds dumb but..."

"No it doesn't it's sweet." Liz said smiling. Maria looked at her and smiled back.

"Liz."

"Maria."

"I'm sorry we never kept in touch." Liz looked up from the book and up at Maria.

"What?"

"We never kept in touch when I left. and we should have I mean I promised I would and I didn't."

"Maria it's okay I mean I didn't try to get in touch with you either."

"yeah but you didn't even know where I was. I did. It was different."

"You mean you weren't here?" Kyle asked Maria looked at him and shook her head.

"No I thought you guys knew."

"All we know is that your mom sent you to live with your uncle but after that we just thought he sent you to live here." Kyle explained

"What?" Alex asked

"yeah your mom never really knew what happened." Liz said.

"Look Amy sent me to live with my uncle Eric they locked me in my room for weeks and Alex and my friends saved me a few weeks later. and that's how I came to live here. Look I'm going to go out on the lawn to look over these books um I'll see you guys later." Maria gathered her books and left the balcony and room grabbing a blanket before closing the door. a few minutes later they saw her extending the blanket out by a tree and open one of the books she had taken.

"I'm guessing that's a sore subject for her." Kyle stated Alex nodded.

"Yeah it is. She was stuck in that room for three weeks without anything to eat or drink." Alex flipped trough the book.

"Oh my god." Liz said

"Yeah she was pretty out of it when I found her. I wasn't even suppose to go on the raid but I snuck in the car. When Logan found me he said to just stay there but again I didn't listen I ran up the stairs and opened every door to see if anyone was in there when I finally came up to Maria's door I got Jean to open it and I found Maria in a corner just sort of staring in to space."

"oh my god." Liz repeated.

"Yeah ever since then she's been scared of locked doors. I mean front doors are okay but if you lock her in like a room how ever big it is she gets freaked." Alex closed the book. "well I'm starving I'll be down in the kitchen if you need anything." Alex wondered out of the room. Kyle just looked at Liz.

"Do you think that's why she had an attitude with us?" Kyle asked

"No I think it's more of a Michael thing."

"Huh?"

"You know how when we first knew Michael he always hung around Maria and they were always teasing each other and well he was really open?"

"yeah."

"Well did you notice that when she moved he closed off."

"yeah your point."

"Well I think Maria did the same thing when she went back to Roswell. I mean I look at her." Liz pointed down to the lawn where Maria was talking to some of the students and laughing. "I mean I don't think I saw her laugh once when she was in Roswell, before Alex came, and look at her now. I mean she's surrounded by people who know what she went through in those three weeks and she can bear her soul but when she went back I think she felt that she had to close herself off and stay away from us and not tell us what she went through. I think she's truly happy here."

"No I think just part of her is happy I think the other part is waiting for the moment that Michael walks through those doors. Cause Liz whether they want to admit it or not their a lot alike."

"Oh believe me Kyle I think they admitted that a loong time ago."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I know it's short but I've been working on other stories and I thought this would be a good place to leave it for now. but don't worry I won't take so long to post the next part. I still have two days before school starts. I'm going to try to write and post as much as possible!!

kassruvalcaba
Enthusiastic Roswellian

part 19

Post by kassruvalcaba »

Wow I just read my last little note and I realized that it took me more then a month to post this part. sorry!!! I hope you all forgive me and still love me LOL but here it is and I'm sorry I broke that promise and I'm not even going to say that the next part is going to be up soon cause truth is I'm not sure when it'll happen! my mom has me on restriction now that school is in that I can only use the comp for school related uses and on weekends I can use it only for an hour so it really suxs!!! but I hope you enjoy this next part and I'll be back as soon as I can!!!
Just another little note there may be things that you might not understand in this chapter but it will all be explained later on. Promise!!

Part 19:

Michael awoke to the banging of his front door. he rolled out of bed put on his sweats and went to answer it.

"What ever you'll selling I don't want any!" he shouted through the door.

"Michael it's me." He heard. Michael rolled his eyes and opened the door.

"What do you want Maxwell. Do you want to ruin my life even more." Michael closed the door and leaned on the wall next to the window. Max sat on the couch his face in his hands.

"I know I'm going to regret this but I miss her so much and Tess is going to work and back home I don't even think she's eating. Isabel's not talking to me and you...my best friend hate me."

"Oh come on Max hate is such a strong word...which is a perfect since I feel so strongly about this."

"Pack your things." Michael looked at Max.

"Excuse me?"

"Pack your things. You want to make it to New York before Maria's birthday tomorrow then you pack your things and meet me in the Crashdown at noon." Michael looked at the clock in the kitchen

"That's in two hours."

"Then you better hurry since the plane leaves at twelve thirty. I'll see myself out." Max was about to open the door when Michael stopped him.

"Hey Max."

"Yeah."

"Thank you." Max smiled and left the apartment. He hadn't gotten his friend back yet but it was a start.

Maria awoke at the sound of her alarm. 5:45 the bright red lights of her alarm clock read She rolled out of bed put on her running outfit and went towards the bathroom. She signed her name for seven thirty then went down the stairs and out of the house towards the track. She looked around the lonely track like she did every morning breathed in and breathed out the fresh air. It made her smile knowing that she was breathing air from the outside. But she wasn't going there. Not today and certainly not now.

"Hey running buddy." Someone said from behind her. Maria smiled wider.

"Alex." She said simply.

"happy 21"

"Thanks"

"You ready."

"Oh yeah 21 laps around the track and one for luck. I have a feeling this is going to be one great year."

"I don't know I mean I might win this year." Alex said starting to run backwards. Maria rolled her eyes. They walked to the starting line and turned to face each other.

"You know the rules. No powers no tripping and certainly no letting the birthday girl win." Maria stuck out her hand Alex nodded and shook her hand he turned around to face the track Maria did the same.

"On your mark." Alex began

"Get set."

"GO!" the both said in unison and took off running around the track. It was a tradition between the two of them. Running how many laps they were turning plus one for luck. It started on Maria's ninth birthday. which also constituted on the rule of no tripping. Maria had tripped Alex during the eighth lap and he fell scraping up his knee with the gravel. On Alex's eleventh birthday they had made up the rule of no powers since Alex had sent a piece of ice flying at her head ending up in her having a concussion. On Maria's twelfth birthday they made up the rule of no letting the birthday girl. Maria had had a bad morning and Alex thought that if had let her win she would thank hi. WRONG he ended up in the hospital. Maria looked behind her. Alex was already lagging behind on their fifth lap.

"Come on Alex we have to finish by seven thirty not twelve" Maria yelled over her shoulder.

"why what's at seven thirty."

"My shower." Alex caught up to her and ran besides her.

"Oh Mars come on you know better then that." He said as he ran past her at an amazing rate.

"Damnmit" Maria cussed under her breath. "I hate it when he does that." Maria murmured as she ran faster. he always did that and Maria always fell for it. He would let her build up her confidence and she would say something then he would catch up with her then race past her as if nothing. Maria checked her watch. six o clock she still had an hour and a half before she had to be there for her shower. She ran a little faster within 2 feet of Alex almost catching up to him.

"What are they doing that's like their fifteenth lap." Liz told Kyle as that watched from the top of the hill.

"I have no idea but it doesn't look like their tired or going to stop anytime soon." Kyle told her watching Maria run past Alex for the fifth time in ten minutes.

"They look like their having fun. Who in their right minds gets up early to run"

"Apparently they do."

'One more lap one more lap one more lap.' Alex repeated as a mantra as he passed the starting point starting his last lap. Maria was within a foot behind him it was always like this in the final two laps. Maria was now running at his side not even looking at him just looking straight ahead. He looked up and saw the starting line within his reach. just a few more...

"YES!!!!" Maria screamed throwing her hands up in victory as she passed the finish line first.

"How...You ...managed...too...get...in ...front of...me I will...never...know." Alex said trying to catch his breath Maria just laughed

"Come on wimp my showers in ten minutes." Maria and Alex leaned against each other for support as they climbed up the hill towards the main house. once inside Alex collapsed in the entrance Maria just looked down at him.

"Need help loser."

"No just leave me to collect me thoughts." Alex said still breathing hard.

"Right" Maria laughed as she walked away and up the stairs. Alex let out a low breath

"Thank god this doesn't happen for another six months." Alex mumbled to himself.

*Noon in New York*

Maria descended the stairs wearing low rider blue jeans and a light purple camisole her hair was in a high ponytail and her make up scarce.

"Do we really have to go." Alex whined as she fixed the collar on his shirt.

"Yes we do it every year."

"But my feet hurt." He complained

"Stop whining you big baby." Maria laughed as she grabbed her denim jacket and keys. She opened the front door and Alex followed her out closing the door behind him. They got in her car and headed for downtown New York. Twenty minutes later she parked into a small cafe and got out of the car Alex behind her. out of nowhere Courtney bounded towards her pulling her into a huge bear hug.

"Happy birthday how old are you 35"

"21" Maria answered

"Then we're going drinking tonight." Courtney laughed

"Right" Maria rolled her eyes

"Hey Justin" Alex said giving him one of those manly hugs.

"Alex." He responded as the entered the cafe behind the two giddy girls. They were sat down at a round table outside above then an umbrella to shield the sun. They ordered their eats and drinks and began to talk.

"I want you to open my present last." Courtney said smiling.

"Okay." Maria smiled she grabbed Alex's present and ripped off the paper. She smiled in delight.

"I thought you might like it." She held up a framed picture of her and Alex above it said 'DIVAS'

"I love it. I can never have too many pictures." She set it aside then grabbed Justin's.

"Alex consented to this" Justin said Maria looked at him then opened the envelope She took out a bright pink piece of paper.

'redeemable for one shopping trip with Justin.' one read. She took out a green piece of paper. 'Redeemable for on shopping trip with Alex.' Maria laughed

"It's the thought that counts thanks guys." Maria kissed each guy on the cheek. she grabbed for Courtney's. it was wrapped in sparkling black paper with the words happy birthday shimmering in the sunlight's. there was an elegant bow wrapping around the present. Maria ripped it all off and inside was a brown box she opened it up.

"I hope you like it." County said "It took forever to find the perfect one." Maria looked up at her then slid out whatever was in the box. Maria gasped at the frame that was in her hand. The frame was silver around the edges the metal was twisting into knots and going through one another until at the top it all came out into a heart. the picture itself is what took Maria by surprise. It was the picture Michael had given her last month when she left. She looked up at Courtney.

"thank you." She whispered.

"You like it."

"Like it? I love it!" Maria got up and hugged her best friend. Maria sat in her lap and laughed

"I'm glad you like it Justin and I went to like ten different frame shops. That picture deserves the best."

"Yes I does." Maria smiled as she went back to her seat. They ate their food and drank their coffee in peace.

"We'll see you guys later tonight right?" Maria said

"Of course." Courtney said hugging her. Maria went over and hugged Justin.

"Thank for the present you big lug."

"No problem Mara" he smiled. Her and Alex got in the car and headed for home she grabbed her present the frame that Courtney had given her was on top close the her heart. Maria followed Alex inside.

"Maria good your here please follow me into my office." the professor said as he went into his office Maria nodded and followed him.

"I want you to show our newest additions around."

"I didn't know we had new students." she said as she closed the door.

"They just came in today after much debate."

"What's to debate this is a great school." Maria said

"And we agree." A voice said behind her Maria knew that voice she turned around to face the owner causing her to drop the things she had been holding.

"Michael."