Scars of White (AA, CC, MATURE) Part 65 2/19 (WIP)

For stories that are mostly conventional in their couplings, but might explore one UC relationship, or might explore a UC relationship to some degree. It is also for stories where to reveal the eventual pairings in an Author’s Note might spoil the story. It is also for character driven fic that focuses mostly on one specific character. Main character death fics might also be safer here. This is a "read at your own risk" forum. Please read Forum Rules for more information.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

totallizfan
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Scars of White (AA, CC, MATURE) Part 65 2/19 (WIP)

Post by totallizfan »

Thanks for the new post. More please.
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamon »

Omg, it’s so nice to have you back! Please don’t keep us waiting too long
I have a few dreamer challenges in mind if you are looking for ideas so pm me!
MP
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by MP »

Thank you thank you thank you for coming back! I really missed reading this and can’t wait for more
behrinthecity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrinthecity »

As promised a proper response to your comments over the last several (eek!) months.

A combination of writer's block, teaching an all day summer class (which was so much fun but exhausting. I totally understand now why grade school teachers always groused about indoor recess. Though I didn't mind the noise, because it was so great to have fully engaged students after dealing with apathetic college students for years.), and then recovering from a crazy work injury. I stayed late one day so that when I was heading to the lift to leave the floor had just been mopped. I saw the caution sign and was walking very carefully, but when I reached to press the button, I slipped-- slammed fully into the metal door of the lift and landed horribly on my knees (left first), and even banged my shoulder on the metal frame. So been on a lot of heavy painkillers, which made it hard to write the story. Plus, public hospital scheduling things led to major delays in treatment. But I started my physiotherapy this year, so things are getting better.

Thank you all who gave their votes. As you can see I went with the majority choice, Isabel. And ultimately, it really worked well for it to be her. :mrgreen:

totallizfan- hope the new part assured you about the gang's safety. Thank you also for the really fast reply to the new part. :) Out of curiosity, which part did you like the most in it?

dreamon- thank you so much for the well wishes, check ins and support.

MP- thank you for checking in. Your comment gave me the biggest grin.  Also, your vote for that poll made me giggle. Thanks for that.

clueless- when you posted your question if it was time for a new part, I was just getting discharged from the hospital. :/ Fingers crossed for no more huge delays.

Stefuh- Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. After the growing estrangement between Max and his dad in Season 3, I really wanted them to have a real heart to heart. Many times I get inspired by feedback for filling in the scenes in between what I had already written so that it makes sense and can be posted. I look forward to your thoughts on Part 65.

Happy Year of the Dragon everyone! Wishing you all a prosperous and happy year.
Last edited by behrinthecity on Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
totallizfan
Addicted Roswellian

Post by totallizfan »

I like it when a plan comes together.
clueless
Addicted Roswellian

Post by clueless »

It’s so wonderful to have you back to posting! Every bit that you write is amazing and I can’t wait to read more- hopefully more dreamer moments!!!
MP
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by MP »

Craving a new part!
sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sprayadhesive »

Not sure if you remember me, but I started reading this story when I was in high school. I am now married with two kids. Inevitability sucked me into a Roswell rewatch, and, in turn, a visit to read my favorite stories.

Imagine my surprise & absolute delight to see you still continuing this story so many years later. I was giddy clicking on the link to this thread. Absolutely so glad to see you still posting. This has been and is one of my all-time favorites. I spent the last 24 hours re-reading the entire thing in between kids and life and work, and I am so engrossed.

I hope that you are well (and have been over the last fifteen ((how is it possibly that long since I’ve visited)) years), and I hope to see you continue to post more soon! You are an absolute legend and master.

P.S. SUCH an amazing feeling to see so many of my favorite users commenting and reading still. :D
behrinthecity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrinthecity »

sprayadhesive wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:01 pm Not sure if you remember me, but I started reading this story when I was in high school. I am now married with two kids. Inevitability sucked me into a Roswell rewatch, and, in turn, a visit to read my favorite stories.

Imagine my surprise & absolute delight to see you still continuing this story so many years later. I was giddy clicking on the link to this thread. Absolutely so glad to see you still posting. This has been and is one of my all-time favorites. I spent the last 24 hours re-reading the entire thing in between kids and life and work, and I am so engrossed.

I hope that you are well (and have been over the last fifteen ((how is it possibly that long since I’ve visited)) years), and I hope to see you continue to post more soon! You are an absolute legend and master.

P.S. SUCH an amazing feeling to see so many of my favorite users commenting and reading still. :D

Spray!! I DO remember you! Your feedback back then was some of my favourite. Happy to know you found the updates to the story. I know you were really excited about the surveillance videos and well as you've seen I revealed the crux to Max's captivity.

Congratulations on your marriage and kids!!

Thank you also to totallizfan, MP and clueless!

Will write more when I finally post the next part. Which fingers crossed will be soon (definitely within the month).
MP
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by MP »

Cannot wait for the new part!!!