If Walls Could Talk... (CC, Mature) - Epilogue - Completed: 12/28/2019

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Superman86
Addicted Roswellian

Re: If Walls Could Talk... (CC, Mature) - Chapter 24 - 12/21/2019

Post by Superman86 »

keepsmiling7 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:12 pm Can't wait to see what the future holds for this new little family.
This is long, long road to finally get some happiness.
Thanks!
I liked the twist of the maternity of Zane, it was plausible idea, I too can't wait for the epilogue :D
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

If Walls Could Talk... - Epilogue - 12/28/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

Five years later

Cow Patties was full and bursting with Kyle in charge as he was now the owner of record as he found his dream. Running his own bar. He was married to Isabel and they were expecting their first child any day now. They didn’t know what they were having as they wanted to keep it a surprise and yet he felt like life was finally working out.

“Welcome to Cow Patties. Tonight’s entertainment is recording artist Maria Deluca who is about to start a tour next week. So, let’s welcome her to the stage tonight” Kyle announced to the public who had come in to see Maria sing. She wasn’t a country artist, but she had crossed over enough in recent years as her music career started to show more promise than her movie career as she settled into life in Roswell.

She and Michael had welcomed a new daughter nine months after their wedding. Charlotte Elizabeth but nicknamed “Charlie” and she was the last child that had been born for the couple as they felt three was enough. She was approaching school age and Maria had spent a lot of time at home before restarting her career and finding success.

Maria came on to the stage and started to sing.

Meanwhile outside a car managed to find a parking spot. She had been out of town for three months doing an intern placement in Baltimore at John Hopkins and just coming home to her husband and kids. Medical school at Las Cruces had been tough balancing act, and she felt the tension in her relationship with her husband, and her kids.

Zane and Aria were the apple of their father’s eye. Who was able to curtail his job to spend time at home with kids as they grew but their mother wished she could spend more time at to home but she was trying to qualify as a doctor? She was close as she was accepting a residency at Roswell Memorial and would now be at home.

She knew she should be going home because it had been a month since she seen her husband and kids as it had been the last weekend she had been able to fly home to spend with them, and knew the tension was there even if Max didn’t show it.

Their sex life didn’t show it either.

Except they hadn’t been able to have the child they desperately wanted. So, they could experience that one or the other and both eluded with their earlier kids. Zane now was 11 and Aria was 5. They wanted one more…

And they had been denied.

How they had tried to have another child. And still it hadn’t happened. Neither had an issue they were told and given they had two children proved they had the ability, but both knew the first was a unique circumstance and the second was a miracle that gave them a chance at each other.

Now they wanted another. And they hadn’t been able to and that put the most tension on their marriage. Not even the eggs she had frozen as a teenager when she feared the ability to have children one day helped when she had threatened the clinic with a lawsuit for allowing her egg to be donated for unethical means, and they had settled with a lower price for storing the eggs and a monetary settlement and when they used them, it only led to heartbreak and not more children.

So, she decided to take some time and watch her best friend perform and spend some time unwinding before she went back to her life.

She saw Maria performing on stage as Kyle smiled as he saw his old friend come in. “Where is the wife?” she asked as Kyle immediately handed her the beer that was her traditional drink when she was able to come to the bar.

“Home?” Kyle smiled a he was relieved to see his friend coming home because there would be a semblance of normal settling back into place within the Evans home and his wife wouldn’t fret about the fact her brother was home alone with two kids. “The baby is coming any day now…” Kyle smiled with a feeling of immense pride and yet fear about his descent into fatherhood and yet he had Isabel there, so he wasn’t as nervous. “So, speaking of home. Can we say that you are finally home?”

“Yeah,” Liz admitted as she took a sip of the beer from the bar. “It’s been a long time, but I wanted to unwind tonight, and watch Maria perform.”

“It’s good to see you” Kyle said handing her another of her usual when she came here. A beer.

“Thanks” Liz smiled as she took the drink from her ex-boyfriend and brother in law thanks to Kyle’s marriage to Isabel and reflected on the weird life she now led.

Watching Maria sing on stage as Maria noticed her best friend and smiled from the stage. Liz looked around and saw Michael on the other side of the bar sitting in a booth with the two oldest kids, Mia and Bree Guerin. Michael nodded when he saw her. “Charlie” was sitting on the stage by her mother’s side.

A different life all around she figured.

Sitting and unwinding as she watched the music play on the stage.

“Hello Beautiful,” came a male voice. Stunned she turned saw a tip of the hat as she was taken away into a different time. “Alone tonight?”

“Yes,” Liz nodded as she struggled to figure out what the play was on this evening.

“Do you mind company?” the man asked as he sat down by Liz.

“I am kind of here to be on my own tonight” Liz murmured as he begun to buy into the act on display. “You see my best friend is singing. And I am married” she said as she showed her ring.

“So you are, but your husband isn’t here right?” the man asked with an intense glaze directed only for her as she felt like she was the only women in this bar, as she felt herself responding to it as she shook her head affirmative. “What kind of man would leave a beautiful woman like you on her own?”

“Right,” Liz murmured.

“So, what would it hurt to have some fun tonight. Just drinks, and no worries” the man asked. “You said you wanted to unwind and listen to some music…”

“Fine,” Liz murmured as she signaled sit down as she glanced up at the stage and Maria could only laugh at her friend as she continued her set list. None of her friends showed any alarm at the developments and she felt like she was responding. “So, your name?”

“Call me Rob” came the man. “What should I call you?”

“Shirley,” Liz murmured.

“So, Shirley, what has gotten a girl like you here on a night like this when you could be home with your husband and kids.”

“Who says I have kids?” Liz murmured.

“A woman like you, looking like you do must have the white picket fence and the American dream” came Rob and she laughed as she took another beer from the waitress as Rob took one from the same waitress. “And of course, that includes kids.”

“If you say so…” Liz murmured.

“So, what’s up?” Rob asked. “What do you do?”

“Studying to be a doctor. That has sort of put some tension at home because I have to be on the job a lot more than my husband and kids would like.”

“Doctor, you say…” Rob asked. “That’s something to be impressed about. I am surprised your husband is not so supportive.”

“Oh, he is,” Liz murmured with a reflective glaze. “He knows it is my dream and he does want it for me, but still, I can’t be home as much and he misses me, and the kids miss me.”

“I am sure you do. I am sure you’re an incredible mother when you have time for them…” Rob asked. “Any kid would love you for a mother.”

“I hope they see it,” Liz murmured. “I know I can provide them a great life, and any other children I might have if that ever were to happen and right now, it’s not happening so that’s another level of tension.”

“Oh…” Rob murmured. “Let me take your mind off it, and let’s dance.”

“I don’t think I should. I am married you see…” Liz murmured.

“So, what, I am married too. But my wife is busy tonight and our kids are at their grandparent’s place and so I have all the time in the world to spend it with a beautiful woman like you and have a good time. So, drink up, and let’s dance.”

“If you say so,” Liz murmured as she took another sip of her beer and went onto the dance floor just as Maria was finishing her set.

“Now for an oldie, that I didn’t write or sing originally but sometimes I wish I could have because it brings back memories of when I was a kid and I was given a chance and I won’t be the only one I am sure. So here it is, Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight” as she started to sing, and memories started to unleash in the bar as Liz and Rob went onto the dance floor.

“This brings back memories…” said Rob.

“Oh, it does that,” Liz said as concentrated on the dancing and not the memories. “So, where is your wife tonight?”

“You see my wife and I have an understanding,” Rob laughed. “She can unwind doing whatever she wants, and I can do my own thing on certain nights. You see my wife has been under a lot of pressures lately. And I wanted to give her some time off. To let her do her own thing, and for me to do my own thing. She’s trying to do her best to wear a lot of hats at once. She’s trying to create a career using every talent she has been given and trying to be the best mother to our two kids.”

“Really?” Liz asked. “Then why isn’t she here tonight?”

“She is in some ways,” Rob laughed. “I give her a lot of credit for trying to be there for everyone in her life. But sometimes you need to take some time out for yourself. You see tonight is special.”

“It is?” Liz asked as she looked into searing eyes as Maria continued to sing.

“Six years ago, tonight I came into this bar and met my soulmate. You see we loved each other in high school but circumstance ended us. She knew me as Rob Roy and I knew her as Shirley Temple once upon a time, and we got torn apart by a cruel act of fate and choices that we both made together or separated but six years ago we came together for moment that started us on the path of reconnecting. And I have not forgotten that moment and how lucky I got that night. And how unique our circumstances are, and I want to tell her that I understand and sometimes we need to unwind and be different people.

“Um…” Liz murmured as her breath was taken away.

“No let me” Rob moved closer and leaned in. “Shirley, I have loved you since that day in third grade and I will every day be honored you gave me a chance. Liz, if we are left with the life we have tonight and the children we have as of today, I won’t regret it for a moment, and I won’t wonder what if. Because I have a chance of being loved by you every day of my life and I can’t turn that down. You have given me an incredible gift by loving me. And I will always love you. To death do us part.”

“Max…” Liz murmured as they leaned for a kiss.

“For this moment. Call me Rob,” Max murmured as he leaned and kissed his wife. “We created something precious starting six years ago and I know we get hit by life’s arrow more than we should, but I love you Liz. Rob and Shirley were our chance in high school to get away from everything and just be together. It didn’t work out how we would have wanted it to at the time. This time though, we can finish off the night how we should have all those years ago. Are you with me?”

“I am with you…” Liz murmured as she fell into her husband’s arms as they felt in another world and they flashed back to the start of their incredible six year adventure as they started to kiss, and all the tension and frustrated faded away by their ability to throw caution to the wind and be together. “I will always be with you…”

“Then let us get out of here,” Max murmured… as they walked out of the bar together, and found themselves engrossed with each other and they felt like teenagers again and without all the responsibilities they had as Liz pushed Max against the wall of the bar, outside in the still of the night and attacked him.

Patrons who witnessed the out of control of actions of Max and Liz would only assume they were of two people meeting tonight and having one too many, and not of two people who were married and who couldn’t keep their hands off as they dug into each other and existed in a different world, and their passion was still as intense as it was back when they were sixteen year old and they thought they had all the time in the world to be together.

And not of two people who had faced the worst of life and they were coming together in a hallucinogenic display of passion unlike anything they had experienced in their life separate from each other.

When they knew only one person would be able to meet it, and they had that person in their arms, as they kissed like they were the only people in the world. “Car” Max whispered between kisses… “You have one, right.”

“Hell yes,” Liz murmured between kisses.

“Good, I took a cab here” Max said simply before Liz attacked him again and leaped into his arms and placed her legs around his waist as he tried to walk towards the car, and kiss her at the same time and it took awhile to accomplish this feet as they finally got to Liz’s car, and he saw they were now in a isolated part of the parking Thank God Max mused as Liz found herself leaning on her back on the front hood of the car, as he started to undo the buttons of her blouse as she pulled him down on her as they kissed, as they stopped as she remembered her keys, but she wasn’t feeling the ability to stop this feeling of wicked passion they felt for each other as she felt her blouse being pulled off, as then he pulled her up, and they moved to get into the car…

“Keys, I don’t have the energy to find them” Liz murmured as she felt like she was in heaven when she was in Max’s arms.

“Let me,” Max said in his intoxicating way and moved his hands off her and put it against the door and a glow was produced and seconds later, the door became unlocked.

“I knew you were good for something” Liz teased as the got in, and moments later all her clothes were off, and she got on his lap, and unbuttoned his jeans, straddling him as they completely lost control.

“Am I only good as an easy door opener?” Max teased right back...

“You’re easy alright,” Liz murmured as the steam rose into the car as the seat went back, “But you’re easy, only for me, do you hear me, right?” and they were transported back six years as they found themselves right back at their old motel, and where they would spend the next twenty four hours in a haze of reconnection.

“Only you Liz… It’s only ever been you” Max murmured as they connected one last time before heading home to their kids, and their life together… “And this time it will be until death do us part, if that even keeps us apart” he laughed knowing their incredible journey together that had many times defied the odds together, and death being only one of them. “You’re not about to lose me…”

Nine months later they got their miracle once more when they welcomed a new little girl to their lives. Hope Claudia Evans was born and to her parents, they felt like they would always have a little hope in their lives if they stayed together as Hope joined a family that now included Kyle and Isabel’s little girl who was named Kayla James Valenti as Liz strived to be the best wife and mother she could be while also training to be a doctor as Aria grew up to surpass either sibling in terms of her power to lead and her gifted abilities as she was very much her father’s daughter…

As I they all lived happily ever after…

THE END!

(Author Note: Thank you again to all the wonderful people who read this story and commented or just found the story and lurked. I very much appreciate the interest in my sexy little story. It went in interesting ways I didn't see coming initially. I was thinking of a Different World scenario with Liz on the cusp of being married. Then I realized it wouldn't that simple, if Max was married, so I devised unique challenges and totally twisted baby Zan's story in the way the show probably wouldn't have dared. But I couldn't help it and to end this story, I wanted to go back and revisit two memorable side ego's of Max and Liz, and give the chance they should have gotten in Las Vegas)

So Happy New Years, and the end of this decade, and I hope you have enjoyed the story...
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: If Walls Could Talk... (CC, Mature) - Epilogue - Completed: 12/28/2019

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Glad to see Rob and Shirley once again.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Had to read this again.......just love this story, angst in the beginning, and much doubt that something good could really turn out. I enjoy your stories very much, and am looking forward to what's next??
totallizfan
Addicted Roswellian

Post by totallizfan »

I enjoy your stories very much, I appreciate your prompt updates and you finish all your stories. So thankyou