Every Little Kiss (M/L,AU,Adult) Completed 11/5/23

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Every Little Kiss (M/L,AU,Adult) A/N 3/31/11

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

---Sorry I've been away for so long. Lot's happened and well I think you'd prefer a new part more than anything else. So I'm posting this chapter now and I'm working on the next, which should be posted in a few hours. There aren't many parts left, but I have 4 different endings to this story already written and that's really been difficult trying to decide which one to go with. I'm sure I'll decide soon enough!

Thanks for your patience.

Hugs,
Tanya

Chapter Eleven
Secrets Aren’t Forever
1 Week Later

Liz jumped at the sound of the knock at her door. She knew it was Serena, because even if she hadn’t called her best friend to come over, she sure as hell knew it wasn’t going to be Max. Still, she looked through the peep hole before unlocking the door and letting her friend in.

Serena burst through the door, “What happened? This had better be an emergency. I love you but…”

“I’m late.” Liz blurted out because she couldn’t hold it back any longer.

Serena’s tirade about leaving her husband in bed died and silence filled the room. Only the sound of the slink of the door behind her being shut, well that and the sound of her heart thrumming in her chest could be heard.

Obviously, she’d heard wrong.

“Liz, explain what you mean by late.” Serena looked at her friend, saw the tears swimming in her eyes and knew. She just knew.

“I don’t know if I’m pregnant or not, I just know I’m late.” Liz walked past her and slumped onto her couch.

Serena pushed her hair back, pulled on the elastic from around her wrist and twisted it in her hair. This was serious…not bad, just serious. Because if Liz was pregnant and she and Max weren’t talking how in the hell was that going to ever work? Biting the inside of her lip she tried to hide the excitement that if it were true, Max would be so damn happy about it Liz wouldn’t be able to walk away and push it under her proverbial rug.

“Start at the beginning. You and Max used protection right?” Liz didn’t respond. Serena asked again.

“Well hell. So there is a good chance that you are.” Serena paced, and paced some more.

Finally Liz said, “I’m on the pill. I never forget to take it.”

Serena nodded, stopped in front of her friend and kneeled down. Taking Liz’s hand in her own, she smiled reassuringly. “Okay, well chances are then that you’re not. You have been stressed lately and that is definitely a cause of lateness.” Liz nodded again but she couldn’t stop the tears from leaking out of the corner of her eyes.

Serena rested her hand against Liz’s knee and told her to look at her. “This is going to be okay. I promise. What we need is to get you a test and see what it says. There is no reason to panic before you even take a test. Okay?”

Liz took a deep breath and agreed.

“Where are you going?” Liz asked when Serena stood and grabbed her purse.

“I’m going to get you a test…make that two just in case and then I’ll be back.”

“No!” Serena stopped in her tracks and turned to look over her shoulder.

“Why not?”

Liz wrung her hands together, “because, I’m not ready for the answer.”

Serena sighed and put her purse back down and faced her friend. “Tell me what’s going on.” And the moment Serena thought it, she hoped she was wrong.

“Did you…God…Liz did you sleep with someone else?”

Liz’s eyes grew accusing, “Oh my God! How could you think that? I didn’t sleep with anyone but Max.” Serena waved her hands at her, palms up apologizing.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to know. If you’re not, you’re not. Nothing to worry about.”

“But what if I am? How in the hell am I going to even tell Max. He doesn’t even talk to me anymore.”

Serena mumbled under her breath.

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“That was not nothing. If you have something to say, say it.”

Serena looked her friend skeptically. What the hell? Liz would get over it.

“I said: whose fault is it that Max isn’t talking to you?”

“His.” Liz crossed her arms diffidently.

Serena tried to keep an open and calm mind, but the drama of Liz and Max’s complicated relationship could wear on anyone’s nerves. She loved them both, they obviously loved each other, so why couldn’t they just communicate, let of their fear and be together?

She searched for the right words, but honestly what could she say that would sound any better?

“Liz, you need to ask yourself something. I need you to be honest with yourself. I love you so don’t forget that, but I’m a newlywed and I plan on getting right back to my husband. I don’t think you have anything to worry about regarding the pregnancy, but in case in the morning I will be here with breakfast and the test. What I need for you to think about tonight is, what if you keep pushing Max away and one day when you finally decide to own up to your true feelings for him and you’re ready to be with him; he’s already found someone else who isn’t afraid to show him her true feelings? Max might be a man Liz and he’s not all about discussing his feelings, he is a person with a heart that is beyond repute and he deserves to be loved openly. Don’t let your feelings for Max be your biggest secret.”

Liz sat and listened to everything her friend was saying, and while she knew it was true, she wasn’t so sure she was capable of going to Max and telling him how she felt. What if she did and things didn’t work out, she would have lost him. Sure, right now they weren’t on speaking terms, but she knew that was only a temporary setback. Max would forgive her.

What if he doesn’t? her mind nearly shouted at her.

Serena watched the emotions play across her best friends face and knew that Liz wasn’t going to be an easy sell. She was still convinced she would lose Max if she put herself out there. They are wasting so much time, she thought with a heavy heart.

“Liz?”

Distractedly Liz responded.

“I’m going to leave now. I’ll see you in the morning…maybe you want to call Max? Let him know what’s going on with you?” She tried one last time, but Liz wasn’t having it.

“No. I’ll wait until I take the test, then I will take it from there. Thanks Sere.” Liz reached out and pulled her friend into a tight hug.

“Tell that lucky husband of yours that he better appreciate how wonderful you are.”

Serena stood and winked at Liz, “Oh rest assured dear friend, he has no problems telling or showing me exactly how wonderful I am.” Liz laughed out, a genuine laugh and slapped Serena’s arm as she stood to show her friend out.

“Night.”

Liz responded in kind before locking the door and heading to her big lonely bed.

She missed Max. She had to figure out how to fix this…thing between them.
He knew it was high time that he stepped up to the plate and tried to salvage his friendship with Liz. He’d missed her over these past few weeks. He missed talking to her, laughing with her, hell he even missed arguing with her about…well everything.

Deciding that a peace offering was necessary, he stopped by Liz’s favorite bakery, grabbed two coffees and made his way to her place. He actually had a smile on his face, things would work out. For the first time in nearly a month, he felt some hope.
“Liz, you need to come out here. It’s not an instant test. Just walk away for a minute and have some coffee.” Serena paced for Liz. She was trying to hide the hope from her voice and her face. A part of her thought that if Liz were pregnant then she would have to face her feelings for Max, once and for all. Liz would kill her for thinking it.

Standing in the doorway of the bathroom, Liz felt defeated. This test…it was like a real actual test. This would change her life completely if the answer was positive. She wasn’t sure if the flutter in her belly was from nervousness about a negative…or a positive response.

She just wanted it over.

But she wanted Max back.

Life was so complicated. She wished she were back in high school. That was easier. Everything was so much more complicated the older she got.

“Okay. I’ll have some coffee. Let’s sit outside.” Serena agreed and followed Liz onto the small balcony off the dining room. That was one of the main things Liz loved about Serena’s old place.

It had to be no more than thirty seconds from the time they stepped outside that Liz heard the front door slam. She turned to Serena at the same time her friend looked at her.

“Hello!” Max! Oh my God! Liz scurried back through the sliding door to see Max place a box on the kitchen counter. He smiled up at her, and Serena stumbled into her back, mumbled an apology.

“Hi Max,” Serena said and pushed Liz forward.

“Hi…Sere…Liz. I hope it’s okay I’m here. I come baring pastry.” His smile, wide and perfect, Liz couldn’t tear her eyes from him. It felt like so long since she’d laid eyes on him.

“Hi Max. How…How have you been?” she stuttered and shuffled further into the kitchen. His eyes met hers and she literally got teary eyed. She missed him with an ache she didn’t even know she was capable of.

“I’ve been okay, Liz.” He popped open the box and held out a delicate pastry filled with sweet cream cheese, her favorite. She made it to his side and took a bite from it and smiled.

“Good eh?” he asked and she nodded, reaching for another piece. She took her time with the flaky goodness.

“Max, good to see you. I was beginning to think you forgot where Liz lived.” Cheeky girl, Max thought with a shake of his head.

Speaking of heads… “I didn’t forget. I’ll be right back.” He excused himself and left the girls to their sweets as he made it to the bathroom.

He smiled at the flower print of the shower curtain, and shook his head. This bathroom was just too girly. Pink flowers and ribbons…and…what the hell? He’d zipped himself, flushed the toilet and was washing his hands when he noticed it. It nearly blended with the white of the sink counter top and other feminine products.

Slowly he picked up the purple and white stick, looked down and realized he was holding a damn pregnancy test!

What the hell?

He swung the door open with his other hand and was met with two worried gazes.

“Serena, did you forget something?” he asked with a small smile. He wondered if Jared knew his wife was taking pregnancy tests.

“Uhm…yeah…” Serena looked to Liz who looked completely shocked. But why would Liz be shocked, obviously she knew Sere was taking a test.

He looked from Liz to Serena and then he froze. His eyes narrowed and his eyes met Liz’s and he knew. He just knew.

“It’s yours?” he swallowed hard.

“Max…”

“Mine?” he asked, this time, the prospect that she would say she was taking the test because she was sleeping with someone else caused physical pain to his chest.

“Max…”

His voice even, he said, “Tell me.” She didn’t speak, just looked at Serena and then back at him and nodded.

Without looking at Serena, Max asked her to leave them alone for a little while. Serena, walked to the balcony and closed the glass door behind her.

Max’s gaze never wavered and Liz literally had to mentally tell herself not to run.

“Do you want to see the results? Or do you already know?” he asked, holding the stick out to her. With a shaky hand, she reached for it, but he took it back.

“Do you want to know?”

“Of course, why else would I take it?” she asked, getting a little defensive. Why was he going to torture her?

Max walked around her, took the test and threw it in the trash.

“Max! Why would you do that?”

“Because, I know the answer and I want to know something before I tell you.”

Exasperated and downright nervous at the same time, she waved her hand for him to continue.

“How long did you suspect you were pregnant?”

“Not long. I was late and I thought it was a good idea to take a test. There are lots of reasons for me to be late.”

He seemed to consider her answer and nodded his head. Max crossed his arms over his chest and watched her carefully.

“Aren’t you going to tell me the result?”

“What if it’s yes? Then what?”

“I thought you said you had one question…that’s more than one.”

“I reserve the right to change my mind. Answer me. What if I tell you that you are pregnant?”

Liz sighed and dropped onto the stool at the counter, in front of Max. She honestly didn’t know. She didn’t expect him to be here.

Yet, he waited for her response.

“Okay. Liz. I get it, you didn’t think that far. But then just answer me this. If I didn’t show up here and the test read negative, would you have told me then?”

She answered quickly, without thought, “No.”

Max grew angrier by the second, “I see,” was all he said, before he dropped his arms and walked around the kitchen and out towards the door.

“Hey! Where are you going?” she called after him.

Max didn’t meet her eyes, he reached for the door knob and said, “I’m leaving. I should have stayed gone because it’s pretty fucking obvious that I don’t mean shit to you Liz. The result was negative, by the way. Now you don’t have to worry what you’ll say to me, we can pretend this…like everything else, never happened.”

With that the slam of the door was enough to make her jump out of her skin.

“Oh Liz…what did you do now?” Serena came up behind her, wrapped her arms around her shoulders and hugged her.

Liz sat accepting the condolence, but knew deep down there was no way that Max would ever forgive her for keeping that secret. Whether he found out or not, whether the test was positive or not, he deserved to know. They were friends above all else, isn’t that why she couldn’t let things between them get serious? Isn’t that what she was fighting for? To not lose him?

Suddenly she realized, she had no idea why she pushed him away that morning. Why, when it felt so right. And now…now he’d never trust her.

And that thought was crushing.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Every Little Kiss (M/L,AU,Adult) Chap 11 7/4/11

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - As promised my 2nd update for today :) -- Sorry to say things will get worse before they get better with these two..but I think soon things will brighten up... :)

Thanks for reading!

Chapter 12
Hold On My Heart
September 1999

The rain pelted the windshield of Andrew’s car. She really just wanted to be home, in her apartment. Well, her apartment until she was evicted, which would be in one week if she couldn’t come up with the rent money. She hadn’t told Serena that she’d lost her job two months ago because she honestly thought she would find another one.

Liz didn’t even want to be out on a date, she didn’t want to date, but well the guy asked; she was hungry and bored so she said yes. Little did she know her first date in…well… a long, long time, would be in the middle of a massive storm?

She looked out her window and watched the scenery; she closed her eyes and just wanted to be home. Well, that was a lie, she wanted to go to Max’s house and she wanted to talk to him. She’d found out from Serena that he had bought a plot of land that an old abandoned house sat; he was gutting it and expanding it. According to Serena the construction was moving along quickly and Max hoped to be in the house by the middle of next year.

Apparently business was doing well for Max. She smiled, of course business was good he was intelligent and he knew how to make money. Too bad, she didn’t take the pointers he offered her.

No point crying over what could have been.

It had been months after all, since she’d spoke to Max. The last time she’d seen him, he hadn’t even looked at her. Not, that she blamed him.

“You’re awfully quiet. You okay?” Andrew asked and she tried to smile when she turned to look at him. He was nothing like Max. His hair was blonde, his eyes hazel, his smile didn’t warm her, his touch wasn’t comforting…it wasn’t anything.

She wondered if she’d ever feel happy again. Serena had tried her best to bring them together again, but Max refused. Not that she blamed him.

“I’m fine. Just a little tired,” she said, and watched as he gave her a small smile. He was friendly, she thought. She could like him. She could try.

Max hadn’t wasted any time finding someone to replace her. Apparently Maggie, what kind of name was that, she thought, was warming his bed at night.

Shaking herself visibly from the thought, Andrew asked if she was cold and reached down to fiddle with the heater.

“No, I’m good.”

Bright lights that was the last thing she remembered…that and the loud sound of metal hitting metal and another sound, far in the distance.

She realized with fear, it was her screams renting the air around her.

And then it all went black and silent.
Max couldn’t sleep worth a damn. The storm was getting louder, the wind whipping at the trees that butted up against his apartment window. He rolled onto his back and turned his head to check the time.

3:12

He groaned because he had an important meeting in 5 hours and he hadn’t even fallen asleep yet. He’d be dead on his feet, but he’d have to get over it.

Closing his eyes and praying for sleep he jumped with a start when his phone rang. Who the hell was calling at this hour? Maybe Serena, maybe Jared, she was pregnant. His heart hammered in his chest as he tossed the covers aside and knocked over half his nightstand reaching for the light and the phone.

He was breathless as he answered, “Hello?”

“Max…Max it’s Serena…” Something was wrong, her voice was cracking and he could tell she was crying. A strong sense of dread formed in his gut. If there was something wrong with her, Jared would be calling. So he waited…waited for the bad news.

“Tell me.” He stood and looked around the room for his clothes.

“Liz was in a car accident Max. She…they…”

His heart literally stopped. “Is she dead?”

Serena let out a tearful cry, saying she didn’t know, then there was shuffle over the phone.

“Max, it’s Jared. Look we’re just pulling up to the hospital now. Get here.”

Max didn’t move, he asked again. “Is she dead?” God help him if the answer was yes. He honestly didn’t think he could take another breath without her.

Jared sighed into the phone. “They didn’t say. All they said was there was an accident with one fatality. Just get here man.” With that the phone went dead and Max burst into action.

He grabbed his t-shirt and jeans, slipped on his sneakers and went out into the roaring rain storm and hoped to God they were wrong. He hoped he had a little more time…
The walk down the white linoleum lined floors was the longest of his life. He was dripping wet; the blast of air conditioning did nothing to cool him. Steam seemed to seep from his pores and he knew it was adrenaline that got him to the hospital. He didn’t even remember the drive.

He saw Serena before anyone else. He stopped took a deep lungful of air and waited, standing front of her.

“She’s alive, Max!” Serena burst out and he literally came to his knees and cried. He cried harder when she came down beside him, holding him in her arms.

“They said that the guy, the driver died instantly…but Liz…she held on until they got there. She was on the side of the road for two hours before another car came and found them. She held on Max…” Serena said putting her hands on the sides of his face, cradling him and wiping his tears.

He nodded, taking heaving breaths, “She held on. She’s alive.” Serena nodded and kissed his cheek. Jared helped them both to their feet and gave Max a hug.

“She is in the O.R. right now. I’m not going to paint a pretty picture, Max. She was pinned between the dashboard and the ground. Apparently the car hit a slick patch and they spun off the road, hit the guardrail and flipped over it.”

Max sucked in another breath. Liz was so small, and she was there alone for hours…he should have been there. She should never have been out in this storm. He was furious with himself.

“When can we see her? How long is it going to be? What’s wrong with her?” he fired off the questions just as a doctor came up behind him. He spun to see what Jared and Serena were looking at.

The doctor stood in his green scrubs and Max tried to be optimistic. Liz would be just fine.

“I wanted to come out with some news because I knew you were all waiting. We have stopped the internal bleeding, we have her stabilized. There is some swelling that we are keeping close eye on. She does have some broken bones but they should heal up nicely.” The doctor continued to ramble on, to Max’s ears, because so far he hadn’t said anything that Max felt better about.

There was something he wasn’t saying…yet.

“She’s going to be okay then?” Serena asked hopeful.

The doctor looked away and then back again. “Miss Parker was lucky, very lucky and I think it had a lot to do with her size. While she was pinned under the dash, it could have severed her legs…but thankfully it didn’t.”

“But? You need to get to it already. What is the problem? What’s wrong with her?” Max gritted out.

Jared placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

It helped a little.

“She did crash twice on the table, we were able to revive her. The last time though, it had taken us longer. We don’t know the extent of the oxygen loss. We don’t know if she’ll wake up and we don’t know if she does what the extent of damage there will be to her brain.”

Max clenched his jaw and his fits and forced himself to ask. “So you’re saying she’s alive but she could be…” Max didn’t finish the sentence and he didn’t need to.

The doctor simply nodded and offered his apologizes.

Well fuck that, Max thought.

“She held on for two hours, she came back twice, she didn’t go without a fight and I don’t believe that after all that she would just give up.”

Serena reached out to him, but he didn’t need consoling.

“She’s going to wake up and she’s going to be perfect.” He stormed out of the hospital and into the rain.

The rain and the cold…that he was all he could feel. That was all he allowed himself to feel because the alternative was not something he was willing to think about.

TBC…
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Every Little Kiss (M/L,AU,Adult) A/N 3/17/12

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - As promised...an update :D . I know this update isn't as long as you'd like...but it is transitional. What I can tell you for sure, is that we only have 3 more parts before we get to where the Prologue began...to where we left Max going after Liz...

I hope you enjoy, and I will post another update next Sunday. I'll try and post before hand but I have to see what my week looks like.

Thanks!
Tanya

Chapter 13
Saying Goodbye to the Past
Later that day…

Liz blinked away the darkness that surrounded her.

There were faint voices around her.

After a few tries she opened her eyes and squinted as if adjusting to the dim lights. How odd? And what the hell was wrong with her that she was in a hospital bed?

“Liz?” She felt her entire boy freeze. It was Max!

“Liz…thank god!” He gripped her hand, hard. She had to pull away but realized she couldn’t move that fast. “It’s okay. You’re alright now.” Well, what the hell was wrong with her?

“Max, what happened?” she responded with a voice as rough as gravel.

“You were in an accident yesterday…today…whatever. Doesn’t matter,” he said quickly then continued. “I’m sorry. Liz…Andrew didn’t make it.”

What the hell was Max talking about?

He was looking right at her, nearly on top of her. She blinked a few times and asked, “Who’s Andrew?”

Max froze. “Andrew. The driver? The guy you were in the car with?” Liz closed her eyes and tried to remember who Max was talking about but this Andrew person didn’t come to mind at all.

“Was he the limo driver?”

“Limo? What are you talking about?” his voice concerned.

“Max?” Serena, thank god she was here, Liz thought. Max was obviously lacking sleep because he was talking about people Liz didn’t even know.

Max pulled away and stood next to Serena. Liz smiled at her friend who was…woah!

“You’re pregnant? Like really pregnant! How long have I been in here?”

“A day.”

That didn’t make any sense. And the fact that Max looked worried made her even more worried.

“Run that by me again? How is that possible? You’re getting married today…and I don’t remember you being pregnant, at least not that pregnant yesterday.”

Serena sighed heavily and a tear leaked from the corner of her eye. Max looked away completely.

“What’s going on?” She asked hesitantly. Something was very wrong.

Serena reached for her hand and clasped it within hers. “Liz, the last thing you remember is?”

“I was running to the dress shop to pick up your veil.”

“Liz; sweetie, that’s the very last thing?”

Liz grew increasingly agitated, what was wrong with everyone? “Why are you talking to me like I’m five? Of course that’s the last thing. Did I miss the wedding? Is that what you’re afraid to tell me?” Liz asked, trying to sit up only to realize that breathing in any position other than lying on her back was impossible.

“It’s not that, but yes you missed the wedding…except you were there. I’m not sure I’m explaining this well.” She turned to Max who finally looked like he’d rejoined the conversation.

Max leaned over her, placed a kiss on her temple and then whispered in her ear that Serena and Jared had been married for nearly five months. And that Serena is four months pregnant. And that he was sorry.

“Sorry for what?”

“I’m sorry you don’t remember Liz.”

Liz shook her head. “But…I don’t understand. How bad was the accident?”

“Bad,” was all he said.

Liz didn’t know what to say to that, so she asked to be alone while they got the doctor.

She was missing four…no closer to five months of her life. Would she ever get them back? And how would she know what happened?

Max.

Max would tell her.

She called out to him before he left the room. She smiled at him and asked him to come closer. He came and he smiled down at her.

“Yeah?” he asked and she asked him to come closer.

He leaned in and she whispered, “Tell me everything I missed. Help me remember, Max.”

His reaction wasn’t what she expected at all. He pulled away and looked down at her, with the saddest eyes she’d ever seen and then he said, “I’m sorry, Liz but I can’t.”

With that he walked out.

Something was very wrong and she was afraid that losing her memory wasn’t the only bad thing that happened.
How in the hell was he supposed to tell her that they’d made love? That she broke his heart? That she thought she was pregnant? That they hadn’t spoken in months? How could he look at her and be so damn grateful that she was alive and then break her heart?

He couldn’t and he’d swear Serena and Jared both to secrecy. If Liz remembered, then fine, but he was not going to have that information shared with her.

Max got her back and he wasn’t losing her. Period.

They would stay friends. She was alive and that was what he prayed for. He wouldn’t ask for another thing from her. He wouldn’t. No matter how much he ached to be with her, to tell her that the night he held her in his arms, the night he loved her body for the first and only time that it wasn’t a mistake.

“Max,” Serena’s voice sounded behind him. He already knew what she was going to say. He shook his head.

“She doesn’t remember and we aren’t going to tell her.”

“No, Max. That’s not right.”

“We aren’t going to tell her one thing; just the part about us sleeping together. She won’t understand. She…”

“Max, I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

“Sere, if she remembers, she remembers. But I almost lost her, I won’t lose her again. Her knowing or not knowing doesn’t change anything. We are friends; she doesn’t remember the pregnancy scare, none of it. We slept together and that’s when we fell apart. I need her Sere, if only as a friend if that’s the way it has to be. I will forget. I have to. You saw the way we were, I can’t go back to that. She shouldn’t have to either.”

Serena looked like she was going to fight him, but Jared came up behind her and rested his chin on her shoulder. “I think Max is right. Liz will probably remember and if she doesn’t then I think it will just be hurtful if she finds out that she and Max hadn’t talked for months. That will break her heart, you know that. She won’t understand.”

Max watched their exchange and apparently there was something he wasn’t being told, but a tit for tat, right? He was asking for this one thing.

Serena shook her head and said, “I’m sorry Max, but how can I keep that a secret from her? She’s my best friend, you both are, and you want me to lie to her? I won’t do it.”

Max nodded his head, “I understand. But I’m not asking you to lie to her, I’m asking you not to tell her something she doesn’t even remember.”

“It’s the same thing, Max.” Max hated the sound of her disapproval, he looked at Jared pleadingly.

“Sere, baby. I know what Max is talking about. I don’t want to convince you to do something you don’t want to, but just hear me out.” Serena looked at her husband and waited, not patiently, for him to speak.

“Liz is going to need Max right now. To help heal, and before you argue, I know you want to but we both know you can’t right now. So, if you tell Liz something she doesn’t remember and she ends up arguing with Max then what? I think right now the priority isn’t so much as filling Liz in to all the details, as much as letting her heal.”

Serena was silent for a few minutes, and then she turned to Max and said. “You have to promise me, that if she doesn’t remember in a month, then you’ll tell her.”

Max didn’t want to lie to Serena. He didn’t. But he knew that she was right. Regardless, he missed Liz; missed having her part of his everyday life. So without much hesitation he gave Serena the answer she wanted to hear.

He lied.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Every Little Kiss (M/L,AU,Adult) Ch 13 3/18/12

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - as promised an update! Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. I know you are all upset with Max for keeping the secret, and for everyone else going along with it. But, I think we all know, secrets have a way of getting out.

So without further ado...here is the next chapter. Another chapter will be posted next week.

*hugs*
Tanya

Chapter 14
Timing is Everything
2 years later (2002)

“I slept with Steven.”

It was all Max could think about since Liz walked in the door an hour ago; bursting with the information. What in the hell was he supposed to say to that? Congratulations?

So, instead he’d said, “Are you okay?”

She had nodded and smiled up at him, then walked into the room and plopped on the couch for their monthly movie night. This weekend though he was babysitting for Serena and Jared. They went away which he thought they needed, Serena had been looking tired lately.

“Max?”

“Hmm?” he’d been so focused on his thoughts that he’d had a delayed reaction to hearing his name.

“Are you mad at me for being late?”

“No, why would you think that?”

Liz shrugged her shoulders, “You’ve been quiet since I got here.”

Max wrapped his arm around her on the couch, and pulled her close to his side. He looked down into her brown eyes, smiled and kissed her forehead softly.

“Liz, it would take a lot for me to be mad at you. Being late is not even on the list.”

Liz laughed softly and poked his side. “So, there is a list? What’s on it? I want to make sure I say out of your bad side.” Max turned slightly and began to tickle Liz, she squirmed on the couch and ended up on her back, her legs kicking outward to ward off Max.

It was pointless, he got on his knees and pulled her legs together and to the side, so as he held both flailing legs with one arm, he tickled her with his other.

She screeched and laughed, “Shh, you’re going to wake the baby!”

“It’s your own fault if she wakes up! S-sto-p it! I give! I give!” she tried to buck out of his embrace and in doing so caused Max to lose his balance and topple to the carpet with her following closely behind.

Liz ended up sprawled on top of Max, both laughing breathlessly. Liz leaned up first and straddled Max’s hips as their laughs died down.

Max leaned up, wiping the tears of mirth from Liz’s eyes, and pushed her hair back away from her face. As he allowed his fingers to trail down the silky brown strands, his eyes never left hers and the next thing he knew somehow his left hand was cupping the back of her neck and he was leaning in closely.

Her breath sped up…but she didn’t stop him. Instead she closed her eyes, and God help him he couldn’t stop himself.

Their lips touched, and for him, it all came alive. Her lips were soft, perfect and they moved against his with the same enthusiasm as that first time. His heart thundered in his chest, knocking against his ribcage like a wild animal fighting for release. He wanted her, how he wanted her.

Liz couldn’t even think; once Max’s lips touched hers she couldn’t even breathe. She clasped her hands around his neck and rocked her hips against his. She felt his free arm move down to her hip, and squeeze as he thrust upwards. It was delicious, it was perfect…it was…

Rudely interrupted by her cell phone ringing. Damn!

Max pulled away abruptly when he heard the sound of the phone ringing. What the hell was he thinking? He couldn’t make out with Liz! She had a boyfriend and it sure as hell wasn’t him!

Max gently scooted Liz off of him and stood, straightened out his clothing and excused himself to the bathroom.

Max had been in the bathroom or somewhere in the house for the last twenty minutes. She didn’t know what the hell happened, she liked it and she felt guilty as hell when she looked at her missed call from Steven.

Some girlfriend she was. Fantastic, Liz, she thought, you sleep with the guy and make out with your best friend all in a one day.

After getting a glass of water from the kitchen, she decided to take a peek at Emily. She loved to watch her sleep. She was so beautiful.

As she made her way to the top of the stairs, she again couldn’t help but admire the house. Max did good. Really good. She noticed he had put up pictures of Emily around her room. Serena had decorated her daughter’s home away from home as well; she thought with a fondness.

Emily was snuggled up to her blanket and Liz leaned over her goddaughter and kissed her soft cheek. She felt Max come up behind her. As Liz righted herself he whispered; “Isn’t she just the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?”

“Yeah. She really is. Max…I…” He paused her words with a shake of his head as he turned her to face him.

“Why didn’t we ever get together? I always thought we would…”

“I think…Liz…I think we’re better as friends. Relationships and sex change everything and it never seems for the better.” Liz looked up at him, there was something else he wasn’t saying but she knew he wasn’t going to say more on the subject.

So she let it drop.

After taking one last look at Emily, Liz placed her hand on Max’s shoulder, leaned up on her tiptoes, and kissed his cheek.

“I couldn’t agree with you more Max; we have a great thing going. I would hate to ruin it.”

Max smiled as he reached his hand out to her, she slipped hers into it and together they walked out of the room and down the hall.

Together…as friends.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Every Little Kiss (M/L,AU,Adult) Ch 14 3/25/12

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Chapter 15

January 31, 2005
9:34 PM

“Liz, what is the problem?” Serena took a seat next to Liz, while they waited for Max and Jared to arrive back home from their guy’s night out.

Liz had tried to hide her feelings from her best friend because honestly she didn’t want to have to voice her thoughts aloud.

“I hate Melanie,” she mumbled out softly. Serena shook her head and moved Liz’s hair away from her face, their eyes connected and then Liz braced herself for the lecture.

“You don’t even know her. Hell, have you even met her?” Serena knew that Liz hadn’t but she felt the need to voice the question out loud, in hopes Liz would see how ludicrous her thoughts were.

“I know how unreasonable I sound. But I don’t need to meet her to know I won’t like her, Sere. Never mind, you don’t understand.” Liz made a move to stand, but Serena’s hand on her wrist halted her.

Serena looked into Liz’s brown eyes, and knew she should just tell her, but now that years had gone by, how could she? How could she tell her best friend that she kept the truth from her all this time?

Shaking those thoughts from her head, she gripped Liz’s hand and pulled her into her embrace. She knew that no matter what, Liz wasn’t ready to accept the fact that she and Max slept together. Not yet but maybe she could get them back on track.

“Liz, I need you to do me a favor. I need you to figure out what you want, and then I’m asking…no begging you to go Max and tell him. If you want to be with him, you are going to have to put yourself out there.”

“I don’t want to be with Max,” Liz announced quickly. She knew it was a bald faced lie, but she couldn’t voice the truth.

“Okay, so you don’t want to be with Max…but you also don’t want him to be happy with someone else, either? You can’t have it both ways. You slept with Steven, right?” Liz nodded, and Serena continued.

“So it’s okay for you, but not for him?”

“I don’t know,” her voice so soft, so unrecognizable. Liz decided that she didn’t want any more interrogation regarding Max and his girlfriend.

Liz stood and went to get a glass of water from the kitchen, when she returned; she looked at Serena on the couch. She took in her appearance for the first time tonight. She was a little pale, dark circles under her eyes…very un-Serena-like.

“Are you okay? Do you feel sick?” Liz saw Serena stiffen a little, but she then pasted a smile on her face, that left Liz’s feeling a little sick herself.

“I’m great! I’m just really tired. You know the baby and everything. I’m good though.”

Just as Liz was going to ask another question, the telephone rang and Serena jumped up to grab the receiver.

From the playful tone, Liz can tell its Jared on the other end. Serena soon hangs up and says that the boys are on their way back. Liz felt uncomfortable, maybe she should leave, and she really didn’t want to see Max.

Liz made her excuse quick and hit the bathroom before leaving. She was washing her hands when she heard Serena talking to someone, she guessed that Jared…and maybe Max had arrived already. He must have been a few blocks away.

Great!

Jared wrapped his arms around his wife, and kissed her soundly on her lips and then smacked his lips again her neck loudly making her giggle. “Boy something’s got you all giddy, husband.”

Jared leaned back and while still holding his wife, smiled down at her, and told her that Max was in love.

Serena tensed, knowing that Liz was in the bathroom. “In love? How do you know?”

“Because I just spent the last three hours listening to him talk about how happy he is…sappy shit really, but hey, I love the guy so I gotta lend an ear right?”

Liz was standing behind them and decided she couldn’t stomach much more. “I’m gonna go now Sere.”

“Shit!” Jared hissed and apologized to Liz.

“I’m sorry Liz. I didn’t know you were still here.”

Liz shook her head and said it was okay. Serena makes an attempt to stop her from leaving, but Liz looked at her pleadingly and Serena knew Liz was moments from bursting into tears, let her leave.

“Damn, baby. I’m so sorry!” Jared said as he hugged his wife close.

Serena hugged him back and said, “It’s okay. You’re a man. By default you were bound to fuck up royally.”

“Thanks… I think.”

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m okay… really though I am just tired.”

“You know we should tell them…they are our friends they will want to be there for you.”

“No.”

“Sere, I’m sure Max suspects something.”

“Liz too. But, not yet. Not until I have to tell them.”

“Whatever you want. I love you.” Jared kissed his wife again, holding her tighter.

“Right back at ya babe!”
She didn’t know why she was torturing herself. But she was. Which is why, Liz found herself on the doorstep of Max’s house.

Max immediately opened the door and had a huge smile on his face. He was always so happy to see Liz. He pulled her into the foyer and wrapped his arms around her.

“Boy you seem pretty happy to see me,” Liz couldn’t keep her smile out of her voice.

“I always, am. What brings you by so late, I figured you’d be tucked into bed.”

“Nah…I just haven’t seen you in a while.”

Max took her hand and brought her to the couch.

“So Liz, what have you been up to?” Max asked, sitting beside her.

“I am working at an art gallery…”

“Liz you have a degree, use it. If you need time, you know I’ll help you.” Liz shook her head, she didn’t want to talk about her job prospects.

“The house is great by the way, if I don’t tell you enough.”

“Thanks Liz. That means lot. I mean it’s not finished. Some of the rooms are not decorated or anything but there is time for that.”

“So, what are you up to this weekend?” She couldn’t help but stare at him, maybe Serena was right, she should get her feelings out in the open.

“Taking a drive down the coast…maybe some horseback riding…with Melanie.”

She pretended to be surprised, “Oh! You still seeing her?”

He laughed at her reaction, “Yeah Liz. You know I’ve been seeing her for a while now. You really should get to know her; I think you would like her.”

Fat chance!

“Maybe we can hang out next week or something?”

“Yeah?” He looked so happy about it, she couldn’t let him down.

“Yes! Let’s make a date okay?”

“Great. Great…thanks Liz. For giving her a chance.”

“Of course…Max, for you I’d do anything.”

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Every Little Kiss (M/L,AU,Adult) Ch 15 4/29/12

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I think someone commented that I had originally stated this story would be fun...fluffy...well yeah I left that realm many chapters ago *lol* However, what I will say is that after this chapter things will get better for our dreamer duo and with that will come the ending of the story. I am already 6 chapters over my original outline of 10... I hope I can conclude this story and make the dreamers happy - as that is always my goal.

I don't know when I'll be posting another story for this AU forum - right now I've been pretty focused over the last few months on a Canon story I've been trying to write for a long time. I've finally finished most of my outline and have begun writing. I hope to start posting that story the first week of September allowing me to write a few chapters in advance to avoid the lengthy wait between updates. When I do post I will note it in my Work By Author section of the board.

Until then...there may be some short stories coming... I don't know I have around 70ish folders on my computer with "ideas - outlines-notes" for stories. If lightning strikes maybe I'll dust one or two of them off and post. What do you think? Let me know on my WBA section.

Thanks for reading!

Here is the update as promised - sorry for any mistakes!

Tanya

Chapter 16

“Liz give me the remote, you don’t even watch TV,” Max said as he reached over Liz’s lap.

“Yes, I do! I just can’t decide,” she replied feigning indignation.

Max couldn’t help but roll his eyes, “No, you channel surf which is the more irritating.” Finally he managed to snag it from her hand just as the phone rang.

Liz took that opportunity, to get the remote back and make a run for it. Max watched with a smile on his face and the threat that he was coming after her when he was done with the phone call.

“Hello?”

“Max---Max it’s something’s happened to Serena.” The fear in his best friend’s voice was crystal clear through the phone, putting Max on full alert.

“What’s wrong?”

“Just get to the hospital as soon as you can. I didn’t call Liz yet…”

“She’s here. We’ll be right there.” Hanging up, Max dashed for the stairs, taking them two at a time and calling out for Liz. He knew she was hiding.

“Max, what is it?” she met him at the top of the stairs, worry evident in her brown eyes. He didn’t know what was wrong, so all he’d said was, “We have to go to the hospital.”

Taking her hand he led her out into his garage, strapping her in with the seat belt and took off into the night. Liz hadn’t said anything and he was just as worried by the disturbing phone call, but Jared hadn’t said anything.

He just hoped to God…no, he wouldn’t think the worst of anything.

Reaching out his hand to her, Max cupped his hand over both of Liz’s and squeezed.
Liz stood frozen as she listened to Jared talk about Serena’s condition. The only problem was she didn’t understand. How could Serena be sick? She was just with her two days ago, she looked perfectly fine.

How can it be?

“I don’t understand. How long did you know?”

Jared was unable to look her in the eyes, when he answered, “A while.”

“What does that mean?”

“Liz, calm down. Look this is stressful and I’m sure they had their reasons.” Max squeezed her shoulder softly.

“So what are you saying? Is she going to die?” Liz asked, her body not giving away the ache and the pain it caused her to string that small sentence together.

Jared looked to Max and then to Liz, “I hope to God not.”

Liz nodded her head and said she needed air, leaving Jared and Max in the waiting area.

“I’m sorry – I wanted to tell you, I thought it would be better for her if she had you guys to lean on. But she swore me to secrecy.”

“Jared, come on. This is me. You don’t have to apologize. I just wish we knew only so if we could have helped, or…I don’t know…”

Max looked at his friend, and noticed that Jared had lines around his eyes that he didn’t have before? Had his friend been suffering in silence all this time? Was he too busy with his own business of dealing with himself to notice, how much his friend needed him?

Without thinking about it, Max wrapped his arm around his friends shoulder and tapped him pretty hard.

“I’m sorry man. I should have paid more attention.”

Jared shook his head and gave him a half smile, “Don’t even worry about it. You know now. I feel better already.”

“So tell me what happened tonight, has it happened before? Did she ever pass out?”

“Nah, she felt sick sometimes, but they said after the chemo it would be normal. I wanted her to have everything removed…and I mean everything but she refused. Damn, she fought me tooth and nail, she won of course because I can deny her anything.” Jared ran a frustrated hand through his hair and sunk into the seat behind him.

“I should have fought her harder.” Max looked down at his friend, took a seat beside him and offered a word of wisdom.

“I’ve known Serena for a long time bro, she is as tenacious as a pit bull, once she sinks her teeth into something it’s all over. Don’t beat yourself up about something you didn’t have a chance in hell of changing.”

Max saw Jared smile at his words.

They sat in silence awaiting word from the doctor.
“How could you not tell me? I’m your best friend, I would have helped you more or…” Liz was at a loss. Max had already visited Serena and now she had asked for a few minutes alone with her.

“I wanted to tell you, but honestly, telling someone else just made it more real. I have cancer Liz, and I hope this time, they get it all. I hope…I just hope. I’m sorry you’re pissed, but it had to be this way.”

To that Liz had nothing to offer, so instead she leaned her head next to her best friend’s pillow and told her the latest gossip she read about in Star Magazine; knowing it would cheer her up.
“She’s okay, Liz. They said that she was dehydrated which caused the dizziness, we were just afraid, we thought the worst.” Liz looked up from resting on Max’s shoulder to look at Jared.

“Thank God!” Max woke from the sound of the voices.

“What’s wrong?” Max asked as he rubbed his eyes clear.

“She’s going to be fine. But I told her she had to have the surgery to remove the rest of her ovaries…everything. I need her alive, I…” Jared was losing his battle with his emotions and Liz jumped up and hugged him fiercely.

“Max?”

All three heads turned at the same time to see a tall, curvy, redhead walk towards them.

Max stood immediately and embraced this woman that Liz had instantly had the sinking feeling was his girlfriend; Melanie.

Her arms dropped from Jared and she turned full on to face Max and the girl.

“I can’t believe you had her come here, Max.” Liz’s fury wasn’t guarded in the least. Max narrowed his eyes and clasped Melanie’s hand.

“Why wouldn’t I? She’s my girlfriend.”

“It’s none of her business –” Jared reached out to Liz, turning her to face him.

“It’s okay Liz.”

“No, it’s not! She isn’t family. She isn’t anyone and she doesn’t belong here.”

A gasp of surprise was heard by Liz, very clearly but she didn’t care. She was pissed. What right did Max have to invite this…this…girl here into their private affair?

“Liz, apologize.”

“No, Max.”

“She can leave.”

Max was heated, he turned and walked away with Melanie, Liz watched carefully as he wrapped his arms around her, kissed her and whispered in her ear.

Liz wanted to vomit. She had to get out of there. She couldn’t see anymore.

“I’m sorry Jared. I just…I’m sorry. I should go.” Jared leaned down and kissed her cheek and promised to call when he had Serena home. Then he walked away.

Liz was calling a cab outside the hospital when her cell phone was snatched right out of her hand.

“Hey!”

“Come with me Liz.”

“Max, no. Look…I…”

“Liz, so help me, I’m walking to my car and you better be on the passenger’s side or I will drag you there.”

Once they were in his car, he drove about a mile or so, and pulled off near a small children’s park. He kept the lights on and then turned towards her.

“What the hell is your problem?”

“I don’t have a problem.”

“Cut the shit, Liz. What excuse do you have for acting like you did to Melanie tonight? She didn’t deserve it.”

Liz didn’t think she could stand to hear the girl’s name once more without wanting to hurl heavy objects at Max’s head.

“You really want to know?”

“Hell yes!”

“I don’t like her. Period. She shouldn’t have been there and --”

“I invited her and you just met her how can you have a problem with her?”

“She’s just using you, Max.”

“And you got that from? Why don’t you just be honest with me here Liz?”

“I am. Trust me. I’m right.”

His eyes narrow. “Okay…I’m waiting for a real explanation.”

“I just know.”

“Sorry, Liz. But she’s in my life…and since we’re friends she’ll be in your life.”

Liz grabbed the door handle and pulled it opening the car and stepping out, Max made a grab for her, but she was quicker.

“That isn’t going to work for me. I’ll see you later Max.”

“Liz, wait!”

She kept walking, heard the slam of his car door and his footfalls behind her. She closed her eyes awaiting his words but she wasn’t prepared for him to swing her around.

They were chest to chest, he was breathing heavily and his eyes were golden brown even in the moonlight.

“I love her Liz. And we are friends, so you’re going to have to get over it.”

“No, Max. I don’t. I can’t. Sorry.” She makes an attempt to turn from him, but he reached for her arm and gently swung her back to him.

“Tell me why?”

“Forget it Max. It doesn’t matter.”

“Fuck that Liz. I deserve better than that. Tell me.”

She looked up, tears in her eyes.

“She’s all wrong for you.”

“Why?”

“You don’t love her.”

“I do. I didn’t think it was possible…but…”

“No. You don’t. You just think you are.”

“Tell me why?” He tilts her chin up, urging her once again to tell him how she really feels.

“Because…because….”

“Damn it Liz. Just tell me.”

“Because I love you alright! Because I love you! So much. Because I can’t watch you fall in love and be in love with someone who isn’t me. I can’t!”

His shoulders sagged and he pulled her into his embrace hugging her tightly.

His eyes closed and he breathed in the scent of her hair. God help him he had waited nearly his entire life to hear that from her…but it was too late. It really was. He saw what they were together. He had let that part of himself go. She didn’t even remember that they slept together – in the back of his mind he knew that he should have told her a long time ago, but now it was too late.

So with a heavy heart, he whispered in her ear. “I’m so sorry, Liz. But I really do love her.”

Liz froze and pushed away. He didn’t stop her this time. There was no going back.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Every Little Kiss (M/L,AU,Adult) [WIP]

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Bumping this up- I will be updating this tomorrow night. It’s been years I know but I recently visited the board and saw that I left this story unfinished. I always vowed if it was in my control that I would never leave a fic unfinished.

Tanya
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Tanya, this is great news. I am beyond thrilled that you will finish this story......

And while we're here......what about UNBREAKABLE that you were writing with Itzstacie?? I am still wondering what Liz saw in the office that day.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Note: It's been roughly 7 years since I've written anything; so I'm rusty to say the least. I was re-reading some of my old fics and realized that I left this one hanging so I wanted to finish it for me; and if there was anyone still out there that came across the board after being away for years, they would get an ending. This fic I control so I am able to finish it, I lost all my original notes on it but always knew how it was to end. After this part, there are 4 more parts. I will update this next Sunday. - Tanya

Chapter 17
Four Months Later

“I thought he was smarter than this,” Serena said to her husband. Jared lifted the corner of his mouth in a half smile, his wife was just not going to let this topic drop. He was thankful she was doing so much better after her treatments. He was just so damn happy to hear her voice, didn’t matter what she was talking about, or complaining about. He knew how precious every moment he had with her was, so it made him smile just being in her presence.

“Sere, I know you want Max and Liz to be together but you have to let them figure it out.” Serena turned her full attention to her husband; didn’t he realize that leaving things up to the two of them hadn’t worked out both times?

“Jared, Liz told Max how she feels about him, that she loves him, and he is still with this stupid woman,” she bit out frustratingly. Jared reached out and pulled his wife from beside him, onto his lap. He rubbed his hand down her back, and gave her a tight squeeze. He honestly didn’t think there were enough words to describe how incredibly happy he was to be with her, he could have lost her, he closed is eyes and brought his attention back to the matter at hand.

“You’re going to be pissed, but I think Max really does love Melanie…” he paused to get a tighter grip on his wife, she was about to rip into him.

“Let me finish,” he pleaded, Serena just narrowed her eyes at him but didn’t say anything. “I believe that Max will always love Liz, and I think it’s possible to love more than one person in your lifetime. Max almost lost Liz, we all did, for life. You told me he lost his parents in one shot, and then almost losing Liz took its toll on him. He still has his sister, but Isabel is globe trotting around with her husband and she is his family, but you and Liz are his family as well.”

Didn’t her husband think she understood that? Of course she did, she knew how important both her and Liz were to Max. But couldn’t Max see how much they both needed each other, and not just as friends? How perfect they would be together? It infuriated her.

“He has been lying to her, hell we all have for years; Jared. Years. What is the point? I know Max is in love with Liz, and he is a complete idiot.” Jared shook his head and thought that his wife would never let this go apparently. He expected nothing less.

“Babe, you gotta let it go at this point. Let it play out.”

“I guess there isn’t a damn thing I can do especially while he is still convinced, he loves this person,” she bit out with a huff. She wanted to strangle her two best friends.

“Okay so does that mean I can take you upstairs now?” He leaned in and kissed the back of her neck. Serena wiggled in his lap and turned to face him, cupping his cheek in the palm of her hand. She smiled brightly, “who says we need to go upstairs, I think the couch is perfect.” Jared couldn’t agree more and leaned in covering his lips with hers, and at least for the rest of the day, he could keep his wife’s mind…and body occupied.

“Max, I honestly don’t know why she has to come around so often. I get that she is your best friend, but so is Serena and she doesn’t visit you nearly as often as Liz.” Max had been watching a movie with his girlfriend and she wanted to do nothing but interrupt with questions about Liz.

Liz.

It always came back to Liz.

His mind wandered back to the day after their fight outside the hospital. He had to see her, he had to make things as right as he could. In the back of his mind, he knew he had to tell Liz the truth about the months that she was missing from her memory. However, every time he thought about it, he felt physically ill. How did he think it was a good idea? Why did it let it go on for so long? He knew that Serena was right when she told him last week that he needed to come clean. What would it accomplish? Liz would hate him. It was like he was stuck in a loop of time, and no matter which decision he made, he still ended up on the wheel circling round and round. The end result was always the same; he would lose Liz forever.

However, when he saw her, she just apologized and said that all that mattered was that he was happy and that she would always be there for him…that he was her family. Always. No matter what.

He absently raised his hand to his chest and rubbed, he felt the physical ache from just the thought of losing her.

“Max are you listening to me?” Melanie had asked him, but while he heard her, he was still stuck in a different place, so he answered, “yes of course. I’m just tired of this conversation. Liz is here to stay. I really don’t know what else to day.”

“Right, so regardless of how I feel…” Max cut her off, “she will remain in my life. I’m sorry if you don’t want to hear that, or if it upsets you. She is my family. I don’t know what else to say.” He said with a sigh while lifting his feet off the coffee table and placing the bowl of popcorn that was in his lap onto the table and standing.

He looked down at Melanie from his upright position, he loved her right? He told Liz as much, hell he told himself as much. But for some reason lately, it hasn’t felt the same. What the fuck was wrong with him?

“Okay Max, maybe we need to reevaluate our relationship. I don’t know if I can deal with sharing you with her. How can we be us, when she is calling you, or texting you…or showing up whenever the hell she wants?” Max nodded. “I understand, and I’m sorry Mel…this just isn’t going to work. I need to figure some things out.” Wow, he didn’t know where that came from but honestly lately, he couldn’t juggle how he was feeling about Liz telling him she loved him, and his feelings for Melanie; he was on overload.

“You’re breaking up with me because of her?” Melanie stood and spat out. “You string me along…you told me you loved me.”

“I know and I…I did.”

“So, you just fall out of love that quick?” she asked impatiently and not hiding her hurt. Shit! He was an asshole. A stupid asshole. How did he fuck up this bad? How had his judgement been so off?

“Melanie, I didn’t set out to hurt you and I truly care about you, but in the long run this isn’t going to work. I have so much I’m dealing with and I…” he lost his words, when she slapped him across the face.

“You’re a fucking asshole, and I hate you!” She turned on her heels, stormed out of his living room and into his hallway.

He didn’t follow her. Instead took a seat on the coffee table, ran his hands down his face and let out a “fuck!”

One Week Later

“Finally!” Serena said cradling the phone between her shoulder and cheek. She was in the middle of making pancakes when Max called her.

“Don’t sound so damn happy,” Max grumbled over the line.

“Sorry…sorry. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, but listen this isn’t the reason why I’m calling you.” Serena turned the burner off and rested against the counter. This didn’t sound good. She hoped she wouldn’t have to kick his ass.

“Go ahead,” she urged him.

“I’m going to tell Liz…about us sleeping together and pregnancy test and just all of it. I can’t help but think of what she told me, and how honest she is about it and here I am a fucking liar.” Max sounded so defeated but Serena didn’t know if this was the best thing. Well, that wasn’t true, she knew telling Liz the truth finally was the right thing. But was it the best thing to do to get them together? She decided for once not to say anything about that.

“Max, if you feel this is what you need to do. I support you, and I will tell Liz that while I knew I also agreed that it was the best thing,” she wouldn’t leave Max swinging out there alone.

“Thanks, but you don’t need to protect me. I just need to tell her everything, and if she hates me then I can deal with it. I won’t have this hanging over me. She deserves to know the truth. I just,” he paused and took in a deep breath, “I’m terrified of her hating me and honestly losing her. I don’t know, Liz is different now, because the old Liz would never have spoken to me first after a fight.”

“You love her?” Serena asked softly.

“I do. I really do but I can’t tell her that,” he was going to try and explain it away.

“Max…”

“Sere, it’s the right thing to do. I just broke up with Melanie, and now I’m going to tell Liz the truth. Mentally I just can’t deal with everything. I have to take it one at a time. Telling her how I feel is laying a lot on her doorstep. I need to be sure Serena. I need to be very sure of what I want.”

“You want Liz.”

“Yes, I do, but just because you love someone doesn’t mean you should be together. I have loved Liz for as long as I can remember, if I’m really honest with myself. But our timing is always wrong, or circumstances are wrong…I can’t ignore that. I have to be sure Serena really fucking sure that I’m ready for the long haul with her. I can’t just rely on the fact that she told me she loves me. I need to be sure this is the right decision. I’m just not there.”

Serena was nearly speechless…nearly. “Wait are you saying, you aren’t in love with Liz? That you don’t want to spend your life with her? Because that’s bullshit, I know you do.”

Max heaved a heavy sigh; this was getting complicated to explain. “What if I throw caution to the wind and tell her that I’m in love with her, that I’ve been lying to her to keep her in my life, that we slept together and it was the best night of my life and she decides she can’t get over it. She can’t get over the lie?” Serena was pissed now; she was trying to empathize with Max but this was crap.

“Max, listen to me closely. You are so terrified of losing Liz that you are willing to give up the future you could have with her, being in love with her, raising a family with her? She isn’t going anywhere Max. She isn’t going to leave you. I know it’s been a long time, and losing your parents the way you did, makes it even harder but you have to risk it all to have it all, Max.”

He shook his head even though she couldn’t see it. She didn’t understand, if Liz changed her mind and decided that she didn’t love him, not the way he loved her then where would that leave him? He couldn’t risk it.

Not yet, he wasn’t ready. So, right or wrong, he would keep his feelings to himself, but he would tell Liz the truth.

It was well overdue.

He just hoped that she could find it in her heart to forgive him.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Every Little Kiss (M/L,AU,Adult) Update 7/27/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So Liz finally admitted her feeling to Max and it was too late. Now I wonder what Max and Liz will do now. Will Liz
stop seeing Max for a while? Will Liz see Serena and her husband? What will Liz do if Max is visiting Serena while she there? Will Liz tell Serena she admitted her feeling to Max? Please come back really soon can't wait to find out what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76