Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Epilogue Complete 4/13/19

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 63 4/1/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Liz must have been looking ahead if she didn't give Ashlee a middle name.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 63 4/1/19

Post by Roswelllostcause »

L-J-L 76 No Liz isn't mad at Diane for already starting the paperwork so Max can adopt Ashlee. Yes Ashlee fell but her daddy and poppy are there to make her feel better.

Carolyn Ashlee is a very lucky little girl. Everyone who has met her has fallen in love with her.

RoswellFan68 Maybe Liz was looking ahead. Or maybe she always intended to have Max in their lives as Ashlee's father.

Part 64

Liz walked into the doctor's lounge Monday morning and headed to her locker. She was pulling out her lab coat when Carolyn walked in.

“So I heard a rumor that you have a new ring.” Said Carolyn
“Uh where did you hear that?” asked Liz keeping her hands in her lab coat pockets.
“Heard it from Kate who heard it from Dina down in the ER.”
“Wow, that was fast seeing as I have been in the hospital less then ten minutes.”
“So are you taking Dr. Hunky off the market?”

Liz just smiled and shook her head and smiled at her friend. Then she pulled her hand out of her pocket to show her ring off. Carolyn grabbed Liz's hand and stared at the ring.

“Well that is a nice rock. Tell me does Dr. Hunky have a single brother?”
“No. Sorry just a sister.”
“Damn. Hey a cute cousin might work too.”
“I'm not sure about the cousin. I don't know his extended family at all.”
“Well maybe you can invite me to the wedding and I can find out for myself.”
“I'll think about it. I got to go check on my patients.”

Liz closed her locker and headed out to start on her rounds. She walked into April Winters's room. She looked over the chart to see that the young girl was improving greatly. She noticed the girl's mother was sitting by her bed.

“Dr. Parker?”

Liz turned to the woman and smiled.

“Ms. Winters, April is doing very well with her treatment.” Said Liz
“That is good. Dr. Parker, I went by the billing department to set up a payment plan and they told me that April's bill has been taken care of. I don't understand how.”
“I contacted someone I know who works for a not profit foundation that pays medical bills for families that can't afford them.”
“Why would you do something like that? I don't understand.”
“Ms. Winters, I became a doctor to help people. I hate to see sick kids. Could have taken a job at a much more prodigious hospital. But I choose to come back home. To give back to the community I grew up in. I plan to help as many people as I can. Cancer treatments aren't cheep I know that. I know that is do to drug companies who care more about profit then the people they should be helping.”
“How can I thank you for lifting this burden from me?”
“You don't need to.”
“Please I want to do something. I own a bakery let me take care of the cake or pies for your next party.”

Liz smiled as a thought came to her. There was no way that she was going to let this woman make her anything for free. But she would take a discount.

“Well I recently have become engaged. While I will not take a wedding cake for free. If you want to give a discount that I will accept.”
“How does 25% off sound? I would still make money on the cake. But I will feel better about how you helped me.”
“I will agree to that.”

Isabel bounced down the hall of the pediatric cancer ward looking for Liz. It was really news she should give Alex first but she had to thank Liz for the help she gave her. Not seeing her Isabel stopped a nurse who had a name badge that read Kate.

“Excuse me. I am looking for a friend of mine. She is a doctor in this ward.” Said Isabel
“Who is your friend. I may know where to find them.”
“Liz Parker.”
“Dr. Parker is in the doctor's lounge. Let me see if she can see you.”

Kate stepped into the lounge after getting Isabel's name and spoke to Liz who was updating some charts. After a minute she sent Isabel in.

“What's up Isabel?” asked Liz
“I'm pregnant!”
“That's great. So uh did Dr. Peterson find out what the trouble was?”
“Yeah. Seems that I have a shorter then normal ovulation cycle. So Alex and I have to really schedule are baby making.”
“Wow. I would never have figured that one out. Congratulations. Now I think you need to tell Alex he is going to be a daddy.”
“Thanks Liz.”

Liz hugged Isabel before the taller woman headed off.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 64 4/5/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Too bad ladies, Dr. Hunky is off the market!
Hospital news really travels fast.
Love that Liz was able to help the family with finances, and now she will get a discount for a wedding cake.
Congrats to Iz and Alex!
Thanks
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Max is off the market. I don't he was ever available.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Carolyn Yes Dr. Hunky is off the market like he ever really was on the market. Yes hospital news/gossip treavels fast.

RoswellFan68 No Max never really was available.

Part 65

Two months later

Liz watched as Max and Michael carried her keepsake trunk into the house. She had to laugh as Michael grumbled about it having bricks in it. There in reality were no bricks in it. There were yearbooks and a few other books in it.

“Hey babe.”

Liz turned to see Maria holding her son Nathan in her arms.

“Hey Maria. So how is this little guy doing?” asked Liz
“Good though there is no doubt he is Michael's son. He still likes to keep me up at night.”
“That is a little strange. When Ashlee was his age she was starting to sleep more at night. Not waking every couple hours.”
“I still don't know how you were able to do it on your own. You finished school and worked insane hours the first year of her life.”
“I didn't have a choice. Doug didn't care and I was still in Boston finishing school. I mean Taylor helped as much as she could.”
“If you had asked Alex would have helped you too.”
“I know. If I had told Isabel I am sure she would have too. She was at Boston College Law School when I found out I was pregnant back then. But I was stubborn I felt I had to fix my life on my own.”
“That does explain your anti men attitude for so long.”
“Part of the reason I didn't let Max through the wall I built was because I was scared that the one man other than my dad I felt safe with would be like most of the other guys I had been with. That he would use me and then throw me away.”
“Liz, I would never have thrown you away. You are the only one I have ever loved.” Said Max wrapping his arms around her.
“I know that now. But I had been hurt so many times I let my fear control me. It took my daughter, to open my eyes and heart to you. I am so glad she did. Speaking of our daughter were is she?”
“Our little girl is in her room. She loves it.”
“I bet. Max just be warned her two favorite Disney movies are Beauty and the Beast and Frozen.”
“Oh god don't I know it! Last week when she spent the night at my place I thought Michael would scream when he had to watch Frozen three straight times before she would go to bed. I just got that stupid snowman song out of my head!” said Maria

Liz laughed. She had to admit the song “Do you want to build a snowman" was rather annoying, so was “Let it go" when you heard them dozens of times.

“When she stayed with my parents a couple weeks ago my mom told me my dad actually volunteered to do yard work to get away from those two movies. My dad hates yard work.” Said Max
“I guess we will have the best looking yard in the neighborhood if it drives you too crazy.” Said Liz
“So it's only a couple more months until your wedding are you excited yet?” asked Maria
“Yeah. I am. I am going to be marrying the man of my dreams.” Said Liz

Just then Ashlee came running out of the house with both Nancy and Diane following.

“Daddy, I love my princess room!” said Ashlee
“I am glad. But you need to thank Nana. She is the one that decorated it for you.” Said Max
“Thank you Nana!” said Ashlee
“You are very welcome sweetheart.” Said Diane

It had been only two days ago that the family court judge signed the adoption papers making Max legally Ashlee's father. It had been expedited because Liz supported it and the birth father had given up his rights right after she had been born. So Max was truly Ashlee's daddy.

TBC

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 65 4/7/19

Post by RoswellFan68 »

The adoption is complete now for the wedding.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I'm so happy for Ashlee now that she has her own daddy.
And special thanks to Nana for decorating the room and having the adoption papers ready to go!
This is a very lucky family.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

RoswellFan68 Yes the adoption is complete.

Carolyn Yes Ashlee now has her daddy. Diane is the perfect Nana. Putting together the perfect room for her new granddaughter and helping make it happen.

I think this is the part everyone has been waiting for!

Part 66

Two months later

Liz took a deep breath as she stood with her father at the end of the aisle. Today she was getting married to a man she had known nearly her whole life. A man that loves both her and her daughter with his whole heart.

“You ready honey?” asked Jeff
“Yes dad. I am ready.”

Jeff smiled knowing that this day had been coming since that day more then twenty years ago when Liz had come home from kindergarten with the stuff dog with a property tag that read Max Evans. That sweet little boy who had helped his little girl when she had been hurt. The music started and he walked his daughter down the aisle to the man that owned his little girl's heart. When they reached Max and the minister Jeff placed Liz's hand in Max's.

“Love you Lizzie.” Said Jeff kissing her cheek.
“Love you too daddy.” Said Liz
“Make my little girl and granddaughter happy Max.” said Jeff
“I will. I promise sir.”
“Who gives this woman to this man?” asked the minister
“Her mother and I do.” Said Jeff

Jeff took his seat next to his wife who was already wiping tears from her eyes.

“Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to unite this man and this woman in holy matrimony. If anyone has just cause why these two should not be joined speak now or forever hold your peace.”

The gathered family and friends all remained silent. Max had noticed that Liz's Uncle Steven, his wife as well as her cousin Junior and his family were missing. Liz had told them after Serena's wedding that if they were going to be cold and cruel to Jack and Aaron they would not be welcome at her wedding.

“Marriage is not something to be entered into lightly. I am told that Max and Liz have known each other for a long time. That their love is based on a nearly life long friendship. So they have written their own vows.” Said the minister.
“Liz, I remember the day we met on the playground of our elementary school. You had just been pushed off the swings by two older boys and landed hard on the ground. Your knees had landed on a tree root or something and were scrapped up. I helped you up and took you to the nurse. I then gave you my stuff dog. That was the day I knew you were the only one I could see myself spending my life with. As we grew older I never thought you could ever fall in love with me. I would have to settle for you only being my friend. It wasn't until after we both returned to Roswell after college and medical school that I finally won your heart. Today you are making me the happiest man alive because you as my best friend will be spending the rest of your life with me. Liz, I love you more then anything. Well except for our beautiful little girl. I will love you until the day I die.” Said Max
“Max, I love you more then you could know. For years I lived in fear of giving into my feelings for you. Not because I was so scared to love you. But because I was scared that I would love you and you wouldn't love me back. It took a lot of people to convince me that I needed to open my heart to you. The day I let you in was one of the best days of my life. Today I become your wife and I couldn't be happier.”

The two exchanged rings and kissed when they were pronounced to be husband and wife. Ashlee ran to them and Max lifted her into his arms and the three of them walked down the aisle together.

TBC

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 66 4/9/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Love the vows Max and Liz said to each other. Their vows are very sweet and romantic. So very glad Liz opened her heart to Max. Max loved her with all his heart. So very happy that Liz, Max, Ashlee are a happy family.

L-J-L 76
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Burned by Love (M/L, Adult, AU) Pt 66 4/9/19

Post by SmileeUk »

Just caught up!!
Phew..... just in time for the weddings! Yippee!!! :mrgreen:
Serena & the ladies + Max had planned really well for the marriage proposal. Love it :D
Lovely to hear M&L’s own vows. It was written from the bottom of their hearts which are now officially joined :D
It can only get better for our dream couple! :wink:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~