Books that make you thinkof Max and Liz!

Love Max & Liz? Then the Dreamer place is where you want to be.

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

dreamerfiend
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Books that make you thinkof Max and Liz!

Post by dreamerfiend »

I was just at the thread that says movies that make you yhink of Max and Liz when I realized I don't know that many movies that capture the essence of Max and Liz but its books that do.

The books that remind me of Max and Liz are:

1) Street Dreams by K'wan

2) A Hustler's Wife by Nikki Turner

3) Black by Nikki Turner

4) Addicted by Zane

5) Afterburn by Zane

Maybe I'll think of some more later but right now I can't think of anymore.
God is Love

Liz: You do have a destiny Max, you just heard it and I can't stand in the way of it.
Max: But you mean everything to me.
Destiny

Banner by Manda8706
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

First Romeo and Juliet by Shakesperare :wink:

I've read "Dr Zivago" by Boris Pasternak and in the "Lara and Zivago" love story I found a little Max and Liz.
Lara and Yuri are not meant to be together, he's married, the are different, but *fate* make them in the same way and they fall in love deeply for each other, for eternity. They are soulmates just like M&L.
They will reach for each other forever even if they aren't together :cry:
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

the start of the "wicca/sweep" series totally reminded me of Max and Liz...
how Cale introduces Morgan to his world - magic in this case - & how she's both pulled to him and sort of apprehensive at first
touched by an alien
Addicted Roswellian

Post by touched by an alien »

v33n3ss
the start of the "wicca/sweep" series totally reminded me of Max and Liz...
how Cale introduces Morgan to his world - magic in this case - & how she's both pulled to him and sort of apprehensive at first
Who's the author of that. It sounds interesting :D
Life is an occasion... rise to it.
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

the books are by Cate Tiernan
if you're in america and possibly canida they're called sweep
other countries they're known as wicca
there's like 15 in the series, good read
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Another book that for me has a lot of parallels with the characters would be Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander". It is awesome, a very long read but the character of Jamie is so much like Max and if Liz had grown up without him in her life would be so much like Claire.

The situations and supporting characters are amazing and can be compared to Roswell pretty easily. I highly recommend this book and all the sequels.

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
Max&LizLuver6

Post by Max&LizLuver6 »

Isn't Outlander a movie?? maybe I'm thinking of something else! But is it a good book?? I have heard it is...
Jennifer24
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jennifer24 »

I had never really thought about the books that made me think of Max and Liz before but now that I have, I think my favorite books do.
I know it may be a jump to some of you (most people either love or hate my favorite author, I don't think I have ever met anyone who doesn't care one way or another).
Anyway the books I would say remind me of Max and Liz are Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. The romantic parts in it at least. Even though the stories aren't the same it is all about the feeling I get. I get a certain feeling when I read about Roark and Dominique or about John Galt and Dagny and I get that same feeling when I watch Max and Liz on Roswell.
I think it has to do with the meaning the author/writers put behind the couples, the ideal it stands for.
*°*Glo*°*
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Roswell, New Mexico... (I'm Italian and damn proud of it ^^)

Post by *°*Glo*°* »

Ellie wrote:Another book that for me has a lot of parallels with the characters would be Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander". It is awesome, a very long read but the character of Jamie is so much like Max and if Liz had grown up without him in her life would be so much like Claire.

The situations and supporting characters are amazing and can be compared to Roswell pretty easily. I highly recommend this book and all the sequels.

-Ellie
I agree. I read only the first one of the serie and I totally got the Max/Liz vibe.

I add "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger.
Two soulmates who are separated from fate. Out of place and time. :)
+++Image+++
Stargazing Dreamer|CCer|Zanatic&Maxaholic
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

Ellie wrote:Another book that for me has a lot of parallels with the characters would be Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander". It is awesome, a very long read but the character of Jamie is so much like Max and if Liz had grown up without him in her life would be so much like Claire.

-Ellie
I've read all the books. My mom has them. She told me about them and I couldn't stop reading for like 2 or 3 days straight. They definitely remind me of Max and Liz.