Apocalypse (CC,ALL,MATURE) Ch. 16 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Apocalypse (CC,ALL,MATURE) Ch. 16 [WIP]

Post by vegas312 »

Title: Apocalypse

Authors: vegas312 and biged

Couples: CC

Rated: Mature for violence

Disclaimer: Roswell does not belong to us nor do we own the characters and anything else related to the show.

Summary: Based on a challenge by Katcin Lee which can be found on Roswell Fanatics. It's 2014 again and the end of the world is happening again. What if Future Max was right? What if their worst enemy is the one that can save them?

AN:Many thanks to Ilyme4Ever for the gorgeous banner!

Prologue

2014. Roswell, New Mexico

~pod chamber

As she looks up at the dark sky where a quarter moon and a sprinkling of stars proved light, she thinks back to another night long ago where she sat with another watching the stars. She was so happy that night unknowing that the life before her would change so dramatically and that discovering who she really was would be more of a curse than a blessing.

Sighing she looks down in the canyon and sees a number of tents sitting there with a bonfire spread here and there. Down in those tents rested her brother’s troops preparing for their orders and maybe their last day on Earth, so many had already died on the battlefield in a war that should never have happened to begin with.

‘So many people have lost their lives because of one madman and his thirst for power. It’s ironic that Liz and Max in another life tried to change this for only for it to happened again and this time much worst.’

Lost in her thoughts she did not hear the footsteps behind her until someone touched her shoulder. Startled she turned around and saw that it was her oldest and best friend.

“Gee Kyle, thanks for scaring five years off my life and almost giving me a heart attack,” she scolds him.

Grinning at her, he sits down next to hear and says, “Well you’ve scared me plenty of times in the past so I guess we’re even.” He moved out of her reached as she raised her hand to hit him in the arm. Seeing her narrow her eyes, he scooted back over with a sigh and let her hit him in the arm. “The things I do for my best friend. I think I need to find new friends because you’re abusive as hell,” he says dramatically.

She opened her mouth to reply and just started laughing at the sight of him sitting there with a pout and a sad look on his face.

Happy that he got her to laugh he looked up at the sky and asked the question that he wanted to ask when he first saw her sitting out there alone looking up at the sky so sadly. “Are you going to tell me what had you looking so sad when I arrived out here?”

No longer laughing she looks back up at the stars and sits silently for a few minutes before replying. “I was sitting here thinking about the last time I actually stargazed and it was with Alex. He had just learned our secret and he made it clear that my not being of this world didn’t matter to him. I was shocked and happy that he accepted me, but I was so scared that if I let him in that he would get hurt. In the end it didn’t matter because he still got hurt and killed anyway because he knew me.”

“Isabel, it wasn’t your fault that…” he started to say.

“I know what you’re going to say Kyle and intellectually I know that, but here in my heart I don’t know that. It’s ironic don’t you think that so many people have died because of who I was sixty years ago. We’re fighting a war with someone I have no real memories of. Destiny can be a real pain in the ass you know.”

“Iz, we’re going to win this war with Khivar. You have to believe that otherwise we’re already defeated.”

“How? Tell me how I can I believe that we’re going to win when we’ve lost so much already. Alex died when he was seventeen years old because we didn’t know that we had a traitor in our mist, and then for the real icing on the cake we let her go free with the very thing our enemy wanted, the granolith. It’s one o’clock in the afternoon and there’s no sun only the moon and stars. We gave him the very weapon that he’s using to defeat us with.”

“You just have to have faith and believe that everything is going to be okay,” he tells her.

Quickly standing up she rages, “how is everything going to be okay? Two weeks ago Liz and Maria were captured and killed by Nicholas. My brothers haven’t been right since, and let’s now forget that half the world has either been enslaved, killed, or hiding to fight another day. This is the second time the end of the world has occurred and we still couldn’t stop it from happening. Everyone we knew is dead and we couldn’t do anything to stop this. It’s not fair,” she sobs.

He stood up and gathered her in his arms and just held her as she cried for all that had been lost. Sniffing she pulled away and wiped her tears away. “Well I’m sure that was real fun for you. Now I’m sure you came out for a reason and not to have me cry all over you,” she told him with a faint smile.

“Actually I came out here to tell you that the meeting is getting ready to start and to check on you as well. Besides I’m used to chicks crying on me and over me,” he told her with a wink.

“Yeah you’re a real ladies man Valenti. A clearly delusional ladies man, but you’re a good friend. Now we better hurry if we don’t want to be late because you know Max will give us the evil eye.”

“El Presidente always gives me the evil eye, so what’s another one to me.”

Laughing she says, “Maybe he would stop if you would call him by his first name and not ‘el presidente’ or ‘Evans”

He seemed to ponder her idea and replied, “Nah that wouldn’t be as much fun. Anyway I’ve been calling him that for fourteen years, so to stop that tradition would be just weird.”

Nodding her head she turned to walk back into the pod chamber and was halted by him. She turned back to look at him questioningly and he motioned towards her face.

“Oh, thanks. Would you mind fixing it,” she asked him.

He waved his right hand across her face and a faint glow trailed where his hand moved. Moving his hand away, her face no longer showed signs of puffiness, tear tracks, or anything to show that she had cried.

“Alright all done and I think I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself,” he told her with pride.

Rolling her eyes at him she says, “Good job Buddha Boy, but we better hurry if we want to catch the meeting.”

She grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the pod chamber never seeing the brief pain that crossed his face. They entered the chamber and went to the room that once held the granolith. While the chamber no longer held the granolith, it now contained several tables and chairs and maps of the world all over the wall. In the middle of the room was a large table where several men were looking at a model building. One of the men looked up at and raised an eyebrow at the two and nodded at the them to take a seat. Isabel and Kyle quickly found somewhere to sit.

“Well now that everyone is here,” he said with a pointed look at Isabel and Kyle.

“I told you Max was going to give us the evil eye if we were,” she whispered to Kyle. He just winked at her and turned back to hear what Max was saying.
“We have good news and bad news everyone. The good news is that we were able to take out one of Khivar’s bases, but the bad news is that some of our soldiers were captured and that includes Lt. White,” Max said.

“Oh my god, Max where are they holding Serena and the others,” Isabel asked.

“Serena and the others are being held in Khivar’s main fortress where the granolith has been reported to be as well. Now Michael has come up with a plan for us to get back our troops and hopefully to destroy the granolith as well,” he told them. He moved out of the way as Michael came forward and started to explain the rescue mission.

Isabel sat in shock as the words ‘Serena, granolith’ floated back and forth in her mind. As the two words dance across her mind, a conversation from long ago comes back to her.

~flash~

“Serena, would it be possible to rigged the granolith up for time traveling again,” Liz asked the young hybrid.

“Yes, but if we did have the granolith we wouldn’t be able to travel no further than the time before Future Max came back. Basically we can’t go back to change anything before he made a visit because the consequences are more than any of us what to pay,” Serena tells her.

“But it is possible for you to fix the granolith to do the time traveling right,” Liz asked.

“Sure, but it really doesn’t matter since we don’t have the granolith,” she tells her.

~end flash~

Coming out of her thoughts a plan formed in her mind and she quickly stood up in excitement. Everyone turned to look at her and all conversation came to a halt.

“Um Iz, if you got to the bathroom can it wait until I’m done,” Michael asked her.

“Michael, I don’t have to go to the bathroom, but I do have a plan.”

Seeing the confusion on everyone’s face she says, “It’s perfect. We can stop this war from ever happening and not only save our families, but the world as well.”

“What’s your plan to save the world,” Max asked her.

“We can travel back into time and stop the end of the world. I mean Serena is already in the same place as the granolith, so all we have to do is get her to modify it for time traveling.”

Max looked at his sister beaming face and said sadly, “we’ve tried that before in another timeline and look where it got us. Time traveling is dangerous and it does nothing more than makes things worst.”

“I know we each lost someone important, but isn’t this a risk that we should take. I mean let’s be honest because we right now it doesn’t look like we’re going to win this war against Khivar and the skins. They have powers, advance alien technology, and let’s not forget they have the granolith as well. This is our only chance to stop Khivar once and for all.”

“So what you want us to go back in time and stop Khivar from getting the granolith? If we’re going to do that then we’re going have to murder Tess which is no hardship for me,” Michael said.

“No Michael we’re not going to murder Tess. I think she’s the key to this whole saving the world thing. I mean what if Future Max was right that we need Tess to increase our powers. In the last timeline we had the granolith and we still couldn’t stop the end of the world, and in this timeline we don’t have the granolith but again the end of the world. I think no I know she’s the key to us saving the world.”

“How are we going to get Tess to help us? You forget she was already to give us to Khivar on a silver platter and have you forgotten that she killed Alex,” Max asked.

“I haven’t forgotten what she did and believe me when I say I would be more than happy to kick her ass, but I think we need her more than ever. My plan is to simply give her the one thing she has craved since she came to Roswell.”

Scratching his eyebrow, Michael asked, “We’re going to give her Max?”

“No, we’re going to give her a family. She came to Roswell looking for her family and we’re going to make sure that’s she feels like part of the group once and for all. She’ll feel so loved that she won’t be able to betray us or give Khivar the granolith. I know I can do this. What do you think?”

The room was even more silent as everyone looked at Max to see what he would decide. She looked around the room and saw the undecided looks upon the others face and turned back towards Max. “Please Max. This is the only way we can save everyone.”

“Isabel, you can’t do this alone. You’re going have to take someone with you otherwise you’re not going,” he tells her.

“I’ll go with her,” a voice said quietly from the seat next to her.

“Are you sure you want to do this Kyle,” Max asked.

“Yeah I’m sure. Don’t worry I’ll protect her Max,” Kyle said.

“Well I guess we better let Michael explain to us how we’re all going to get in to take Khivar’s fortress and work in Isabel’s plan as well,” Max told everyone.

Mouthing her thanks to Max, Isabel sat back down next to Kyle and listened to Michael as he went over their plan again.

~ 2 hours later….Khivar’s fortress

Explosions could be heard as the troops fought to overtake the fortress and free their comrades inside. As the battle raged two figures stayed huddled in a shrub waiting for the signal that would let them know that they could go. Suddenly a symbol glowed brightly in the sky and the two stepped out of the shrubs and ran for the fortress. Entering the building the two ran through the corridors looking for the door that held their future and finally found the one they sought. Quickly throwing the guard out of the way, the two entered the room and nearly gagged at the scent of death that threaten to overpower them. Looking around they found the prisoner they were looking for and Isabel leaned over the young woman to see if she was alive. She found a pulse and gently slapped the young woman to see if she was asleep.

“Serena, you have to wake up and look at me,” she told her.

Serena moaned and cautiously opened a swollen eye at them. “Isabel? Kyle? How did the two of you get in here?”

“Max and Michael rallied the troops to rescue you and the others. You didn’t think we were going to let Khivar keep you guys did you,” Kyle asked her.

“No, but do you think you can let me out of these chains? I mean Valenti I always knew you had some kinky in you, but I mean really.”

“Yup, she’s feeling okay if she can joke about my sex life,” Kyle told Isabel.

“What sex life? I didn’t know you had one Valenti,” Serena teased him.

Ignoring the banter between the two, Isabel reached and waved her hands over the chains. Kyle leaned down and picked Serena up gently mindful of her wounds.

“Thanks Iz. Now Valenti you’re carrying important merchandise so don’t drop me.”

Before Kyle could reply, Isabel interrupted and said, “Serena we’re going to take you to the granolith and we’re going to need you modify it for time traveling.”

Serena looked at the two of them and started laughing but ended up moaning in pain. “Ouch that hurt. Okay, how do I put this delicately? Are you two on crack? You have to be on crack if you think Khivar is going to simply let us go use the granolith.”

“Max and Michael are busy distracting Khivar for him to notice that we’re using the granolith. The majority of our troops are in the fortress wrecking hell if I know Michael. Right now is the only time we can do this and there’s no telling when we can get you and the granolith in the same place again,” Isabel told her.

Sighing she tells them, “Alright let’s do it, but remember you can’t go back before Future Max arrived in time.”

Happy that Serena was going to do it, Isabel looked in the hall to see if anyone was coming and signal to the others that the coast was clear. The three moved down the hall with Kyle carrying Serena until they ran into another hall that was heavily guarded. Setting Serena down carefully on the floor, Kyle motioned to Isabel to stay behind him while he would take the guards down. He touched his hand to the wall before him and concentrated. A glow emitted from his hand and soon fire consumed the wall and spread down the hall alerting the guards to the fire. An alarm went off as the guards moved to put out the fire and great clouds of smoke covered the hallway. While the guards were busy trying to put out the fire, Kyle picked up Serena and motioned to Isabel to follow him. The three slipped by the guards and quickly entered the room that had been guarded.

There before them stood the granolith in all its power glowing brightly. “Okay just set me over there and it shouldn’t take very long to do this,” Serena tells Kyle as she points towards the control panel. Kyle quickly complied and set her down by the control panel.

“How long is it going to take you to modify it,” Isabel asked.

“Not very long since the granolith is all up and running, but I need to know what date you want to go back to,” Serena asked.

Quickly thinking of all that had happened and rejecting certain scenarios, Isabel finally answered, “I want us to go back right after Future Max left that way we can fix as much damage as we possible can. Would it be possible to send us as close back to the time that he left?

“No problem. Just be careful not to run into your past selves or you’re going to have a bigger problem than end of the world.”

“I’m afraid to ask what’s worst than the end of the world,” Kyle said.

“Just don’t run into your past self and you will be fine. Now let’s get ready to send you two back because this baby is ready and running.”

Isabel and Kyle looked at her in disbelief and confusion. “You’re done already,” Isabel asked.

“Yes it’s done, and stop looking at me like that. I’m a hybrid from an advance civilization that’s done nothing but study the makings of the granolith,” Serena told them. “Now come on already before the idiots in the hall hear us and realizes what’s going on.”

Isabel moved over to hug Serena and whispered in her ear, “thank you.” She stepped back to allow Kyle to hug Serena.

“I know I’m adorable and everything, but let’s go people. You two have a world to save.”

Kyle moved to stand besides the granolith, and Isabel gave Serena one final hug before letting go. Just as Isabel reached Kyle, the doors behind them opened with a swish and there standing in the doorway was Nicholas.

“Well look what I’ve found. I wonder what Khivar will reward me for giving him a general, a lieutenant, and let’s not forget his true love, Vilandra,” he said with a smirk.

Serena quickly moved to stand in front of the others and asked Nicholas, “isn’t it past your bedtime. I mean most children are in bed around this time.”

“I’m really going to enjoy killing you once and for all,” Nicholas sneered at her.

She turned to the others and whispered, “Go ahead and leave before it’s too late. I can take care of Nicholas.”

Suddenly Skins entered the room and they parted out of the way as Khivar entered the room.

“Oh shit, we got a serious problem,” she told the others.

Khivar moved to stand next to Nicholas and smirked at the three before him. “Well, well what do we have here? Is it possible that the three of you thought you were going to destroy the granolith? I’m sorry to say that’s not going to happen, but you are going to die,” he told them.

Isabel looked around and knew that they only had one chance of them saving the world. She moved quickly and pushed Kyle into the granolith and he was sucked inside it. Shocked that she would do that, Kyle banged on the glass of the granolith and yelled her name. The granolith glowed and a blue light was emitting from it. Isabel closed her eyes and focused her thoughts on Kyle and sent him a series of flashes and instructions. The last thing he heard before he left was her voice whispering in his head, “Tell her that it’s okay to love.”

TBC??
Last edited by vegas312 on Fri May 29, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Biged
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 1

Post by Biged »

Title: Apocalypse (CC)
Rating: Mature
Disclaimer: We do not own Roswell so don’t sue.
Summary: Based on a challenge by Katchin Lee.
AN: Some of the dialogue below does not belong to me rather it comes from the EOTW and the Pilot episodes, so don’t sue please.

2000 Roswell, New Mexico

Chapter One

The Christmas lights shone brightly on the couple dancing around the balcony with no music playing except the one that only the two of them could hear. Liz held onto Max as tightly as she could knowing that these would be the last moments in her life that she would be with the man that she loved. She wanted to make this dance last as long as she could for she would have nothing else to comfort her when she was left alone except for this memory and thoughts of what could have been. Looking into the eyes of the man that loved her in any lifetime, she could see the love and regret that clouded his eyes. He had lost so much and now he was scarifying what little he had left so that they all could be alive in this timeline, and hopefully find some happiness. Smiling at her gently he twirled her around and around as she giggled at the dizzying sensation. She twirled back around to look at him, but her time was up. Their plan had worked and he had disappeared like he said, and now she was all alone. Everything froze around her as she stared off into space and the realization of what they had done sunk into her. “Oh God,” she whispered as she thought of the fourteen years of being alone that she had to endured. Crumbling to the ground sobs racked her body as she shudder with the pain that tore through her. Tears started flowing down her cheeks as his words danced through her mind, ‘We were married in Vegas. We had a great wedding. We danced all night.’

Her whole world was falling around her, and she didn’t know if she could survive it. Suddenly the heavens opened up and rain started to fall as if the weather was somehow connected to her as if the Earth was crying with her. The rain was falling hard and fast quickly soaking her clothes as she cried over the life she would never have.

‘We were together until the end of the world. Michael died in my arms before I got here. We have to do this to stop the end of the world.’

Liz slowly regained her composure as she remembered why they had done what they done. She picked herself up off the ground and wiped her tears away as best as she could. Making her way over to her window she stopped before entering to turn back around and scan the now empty balcony. With a sigh she climbed through the window entering her room and went to lie down on her bed ignoring her wet clothes. Stretching her arms out her hand hit something hard, it was her journal. Her fingers closed over the journal and sitting up she grabbed it and opened it to a blank page. Picking up her pen from her nightstand she started writing, ‘so much has happened that I don’t even know where to start. Tonight my whole world has shattered and so has any dreams that I had of reuniting with Max. I found out tonight that Max and I can never be together, and that the consequence of us being together is too much. The end of the world happened because we were together, but now the world has a chance. I gave up my happiness, my life, and I hope it changes something. I guess Max was right when he said “we’re just too different,” but how I wish he was wrong.’ Not knowing what else to write she signed the journal entry, ‘Liz Parker now and always.’ Closing her journal she placed it under her pillow before reaching to turn off the light. She glanced once more at the balcony and finally lay back down. Placing her head on her pillow, the world faded out as she closed her eyes never seeing the flash of blue light that lit the sky.

********Across Town (Evans’ Residence) **********

The air crackled around him as a blinding light blurred his vision. His whole body felt like it had been electrified then suddenly the pain stopped as did the blinding light. He fell to his knees with tears running down his cheeks as thought of what had happened and those he had unwillingly left behind. “Why didn’t she come with me? I can’t do this alone,” he whispered. Isabel’s voice whispered into his ear almost as if she was with him. ‘Tell her that it’s okay to love.’ A series of flashes overtook him and he knew what he had to do. It was all clear to him again what he had to do this for the sake of everyone. Regaining his bearings he looked around quickly recognizing where he was at. “WOW. Nice job Serena,” he said with awe. He was standing outside the Evans household rather more importantly he was standing directly outside of Isabel’s window. Seeing movement in the window and out of instinct he hid behind the tree on his right and watched.

Isabel opened the window and sat on the sill. Getting comfortable she looked up towards the clear night. The sky had cleared since the short downpour earlier although the lightening had worried her which was what had brought her to the window to begin with. The lightening had looked so close when it flashed earlier, but now the sky was clear and the rain no more. Sighing she hopped off the sill and turned back to her room. Walking over to the bed she sat down on the edge and like so many times before she reached over to the nightstand and picked up the picture. She ran her fingers over the glossy cover as she stared back at Alex and her hugging in happier times, a time she wishes she could go back to. She could never understand her feelings for him it was like a roller coaster. One minute she couldn’t stand to be away from him, and the next minute she felt like she was suffocating although there was never a dull moment. She chuckled as she remembered her birthday party and Alex doing his striptease for her. “I still can’t believe you did that. I don’t think anyone else would have done that for me and my mother’s face when she saw you stripping. Poor mom she was constantly being surprised that night first by Kyle and his talk of women, and then you stripping.” She stopped laughing as she remembered the other surprises that were revealed that night. Shaking her head she continued staring at his picture and said, “You wouldn’t want to be with me if you knew what I did in that other life. I betrayed the people I loved once, and who’s to say that I won’t do it again. I wish we could be together, but I couldn't bear for anything to happen to you. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you all because of who I am.”

Touching the picture once more she gently returned it back to its resting place and wiped her eyes. She sits and ponders what to do when a noise at the window catches her attention. A second later the window started to open and she shook her head not surprised at all. “Michael, couldn’t you at least knock,” she scolded as she watched him climb in. Standing up she walked over to help him and stopped when she got a glance at the guy climbing in her window. “Kyle? What the hell do you think you’re doing…” she trailed off as she got a better look at him. This person wasn’t the Kyle she knew. This guy had a short buzz cut and a small goatee, and he looked older. His eyes were different as well, they looked sad and tired. ‘This can’t be Kyle,’ she thought to herself. Backing up slowly she raised her hand and asked in a shaky voice, “who are you.”

Barely catching himself from falling on the floor, Kyle straightens up and dusted himself off. He looked up to see Isabel in a defensive position and knew he had a little problem. Holding up his hands in mock surrender, he said, “Whoa. Now there’s no need to blast me. I’ve come in peace.”

“I asked you who you are. Now tell me or there won’t be enough of you to identify,” she shouted with her hand still raised.

“Come on Iz, it’s me. I’m Kyle, but I am not your Kyle. I’m from the um future,” Kyle said the last part slowly as he watched Isabel intently.

Isabel stood staring at him never once dropping her arm. A few minutes went by and she broke out laughing.

“What’s so funny,” Kyle asked perplexed at her reaction. ‘This is definitely not the reaction I was expecting.’ He just continued to stare at her oddly as she continued to laugh.

“You’re from the future? Do you honestly expect me to believe that,” she asked.

Kyle nodded not really knowing what else to do. ‘They had to send me back. Why not Serena? She’s good at dealing with hysterical people, then again knowing her she probably would have tied Isabel up to make her listen.’ Sighing he focused back on Isabel to hear what she saying.

“Well I don’t believe you. Now tell me who you are working for. Is it the FBI, or is it the skins,” she asked with spite in her voice.

“Look Isabel, I am Kyle Valenti and I come from the year 2014. I came back to change it so the world doesn’t end.” Kyle stopped when he noticed what he was saying wasn’t having the desired results. ‘I wonder if it’s too late to tie her up and make her listen,’ he thought darkly to himself. “Is there anyway I can make you believe me?”

“Sorry but nope. Anything you say could have been found out by good intelligence information. So why don’t you just tell me who you work for before I blast you,” she said with her palm held out building up power.

“Um…oh I know about Vilandra. I know how she supposedly betrayed her family her enemy,” he said hoping that would be enough to convince Isabel.

“That’s makes me trust you even less. Anybody of our enemies could know that.” She kept her hand trained on Kyle waiting for him to make a wrong move.

He backed up against the wall and told her, “I’m telling you the truth, and if you kill me then you kill the only chance Earth has to survive.”

Suddenly she moved forward releasing a blast towards Kyle. Anticipating her move he lifted his hand, and sent out a blast that repelled Isabel’s blast causing it ricochet and destroy a picture on the wall behind her. She raised her hand to send another blast when Kyle jumped up and held his hands up in surrender. He lowered his head and started to speak in a low even tone. “You always wanted to tell your mom who you were, but deep down you fear what she would think of you. You fear that she would see you as a monster, disown you…” He raised his head and looked in her eyes, “you fear that she would stop loving you. That’s why you always held onto the wish of finding your real mother. It’s funny the day that you received the message from your real mother was the happiest and worst day of your life. On one hand you finally got what you had hoped for all your life, yet on the other hand your whole life was flipped upside down. That day also reinforced your idea of no human attachments including Mrs. Evans.”

Isabel dropped her hand as tears ran down her face. Her breathing became ragged as she tried to catch her breath. She stumbled back and leaned against her desk as Kyle kept talking.

“Don’t get me wrong you love Mrs. Evans, but you always knew that one day you would have to leave her.” Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a handkerchief and stepped towards her holding it out. Watching her taking the handkerchief and wiping her eyes, he asked, “Do you believe me now.”

Isabel slowly nodded her head as she got her emotions back in check. Waving her hand in front of her face, her hand glowed and a second later her face appeared as immaculate as ever. “Sorry about that. It’s just that I have never heard my thoughts said out loud before, but somehow it seems so much real.”

A thought occurred to her and asked, “Since when do humans have powers.”

“Well since El Presidente healed me, and you might want to tell him to lay off the healing everyone thing since there’s a little side effect,” Kyle stated bluntly.

“You got powers just from being healed by Max? That’s just great…just freaking great,” she muttered. She was amazed and confused at how simple it was to get powers. ‘Well only if you count almost dying simple,’ she thought to herself with a chuckle. Seeing Kyle looking at her oddly she blushed and said, “Sorry. I was woolgathering there.”

“Yes you can get powers from being healed. I mean basically your powers come from your human side, but you guys are just more advanced in the evolution.” He held his arms and did a little twirl like he was presenting himself. “Of course now so am I,” he said with a smile.

Isabel laughed lightly at Kyle’s antics. ‘Well it seems that Kyle hasn’t changed too much,’ she thought to herself. Turning back to him, she said, “So that means that Liz got powers too. What about Maria? Does she have powers too?”

Seeing the horrified look on his face she laughed even more. He shook his head at her and said, “No thank Buddha. Can you image what Maria would do if she had powers? Poor Michael she would have zapped him to death if she had any.”

Still laughing at him, she remembers something that Kyle said earlier. No longer laughing she asks, “What did you mean about the world ending.”

Knowing that he could no longer put off why he came here, he told her, “You might want to sit down for this.” Waiting until Isabel had sat down on her bed, he continued talking. “Well for starters the Earth was invaded and most of the population has been enslaved or killed, while a few of us are hiding waiting to take out Khivar.” Seeing that Isabel was confused he elaborated. "Khivar is the leader of the skins..." He grew quiet as he tried to thinking of how to tell her about what had happened to everyone in their group.

She looked up at Kyle who had a look on his face as if he was trying to work up the courage to tell her something. “There’s more to this than just the invasion isn’t there? Kyle what aren’t you telling me,” she asked insistently.

He stepped over to the bed and sat down next to Isabel. “There’s a reason I came back to this point in time, actually you chose this time.” Taking a deep breath he said, “In a few months Alex is going to die and it’s going to look like a suicide, but the truth is that it was murder not a suicide.” He trailed off as he looked at Isabel who had a frozen look on her face.

Isabel jumped off the bed almost knocking Kyle off. Turning to face him she demanded, “Who killed him. Was it the Special Unit, or was it our enemies. Who was it? I’ll kill them before they can touch him.”

Kyle interrupted Isabel’s rant speaking softly he said, “It was Tess. She had mindwarped him to death.”

Standing in the middle of the room she could only look at Kyle in shock, and shaking her head not sure she heard him right she asked, “Who killed Alex?”

He closed his eyes and rubbed his face as in pain, and replied, “Tess killed Alex. She mindwarped him into decoding the destiny book for her and when he remember what she did he confronted her. Afraid that he was going to tell the rest of us what she had done she killed him.”

Anger consumed her as she thought of what had happened to Alex. Making a decision she walked over to the nightstand and picked up the phone and started dialing.

“Um Iz who are you calling,” he asked confused by her actions.

“Maria. She’s going want to be there when I destroy Tess,” she stated bluntly.

Kyle stood up quickly and took the phone away from her. Turning it off he told her, “We can’t let anybody know what’s going on. We need to keep this between us for now.” Seeing that she was going to protest, he held up hand and said, “We’ll tell everyone eventually just not yet.”

“Fine, we’ll tell everyone later after I kill the bitch,” she said as she picked up her jacket and started putting it on.

“You just can’t go kill her Isabel,” he tried to tell her only to be interrupted.

Walking towards the bedroom door she turned back around and said coldly, “I don’t understand why not. I think her killing Alex is a good reason for me to kill her.”

“Because we need her that’s why you can’t kill her,” Kyle shouted at her.

“What do you mean we need her?”

“The reason the world ended is because we didn’t have the four square,” he said walking over to the window. Staring out at the night he said softly, “Tess died too, and with her went the only chance Earth had to survive. We need her if we’re going to stop the end of the world.”

“Fine, but don’t expect me to be nice to her,” she replied stiffly.

He smiled at her and knew that she would do what was necessary to save them all. “Sorry Iz, but you’re going have to be nice since we need her to stay in Roswell.”

Sighing she said, “Okay so tell me everything I need to know to prevent all of it from happening.”

“Well I’m not sure how much to tell you, but I guess the future can’t get any worst if I tell you what happened. First thing first you need to know that your enemies all live in Copper Summit, Arizona. The whole town is nothing but Skins. Their leader is the real problem you got to watch out for, his name is Nicholas and he’s Khivar right hand man or should I say teenager. Nicholas looks like a teenager, but his powers are much stronger than yours so don’t be fooled. Now Khivar is the main dude in charge, and he’s even more powerful than Nicholas is. He’s sadistic, cruel, and kind of obsessed with you…” he trailed off as Isabel lowered her head.

Leaning over he touched Isabel’s chin and raised her face up until her eyes met his. “Hey there will be no pity party here tonight. If anyone going to have one it’s me and I’m going to have lots of hot wings and beer. Seriously, Isabel there is one thing that you need to remember and that is you’re not Vilandra no matter what anybody may tell you. You have to remember that you will always be Isabel where’s it most important.” He put his hand over his heart, “in here is where you’ll always be yourself.”

She smiled at him and said, “thank you for being my friend in any lifetime. By the way when did you get so smart?”

“I’ve always been smart plus after fourteen years of Buddhism I like to think I’ve learned something,” he smirked. “Anyway it’s not a problem that’s what friends are for. Now the first thing we need to do is find a way to get Tess to stay in Roswell and make sure she doesn’t get Alex alone, so that means you need to keep an eye on Alex.”

“Is that what happened last time,” Isabel asked quietly.

“Well nobody really knows when she started to mindwarp him,” he started to say but Isabel cut him off.

“That’s not what I meant. She only got to him because I pushed him away didn’t she? If I had spent more time with him she wouldn’t have been able to mindwarp him.”

Seeing that she was going to blame herself again, Kyle told her, “You had a lot on your mind. Come to think about we all had a lot to deal with all the stuff that happened. It’s nobody’s fault, but Tess. You may have pushed him away, but you didn’t force Tess to mindwarp him.”

“Well she won’t this time,” she said with determination. Standing up she picked up the picture of Alex and looking at it. “Alex Whitman, you better be prepared for me.”

Kyle smiled at the determination he heard in his friend’s voice. “By the way Future Izzy told me to tell you something. She said to tell you that ‘it’s okay to love.’ Also we have to make Tess fall out of love with Max.”
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 2 12/25/04

Post by vegas312 »

Authors: Vegas312 and Biged

Coupling: CC

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell although if you give me Colin I’ll be happy to take it off your hands.

Summary: Based on a challenge by Katcin Lee. What if Future Max was right? What if their worst enemy was the only one that could save them all?

AN: I know I said I would have this done weeks ago, but between real life and working on the contest for my board I’ve been a little busy so I apologize for taking so long. The songs below are “She Will Be Loved” and “Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5 neither of which I do not own, and copyright infringement is not intended. Thanks to everyone reading this and thanks for sticking with us despite the long wait.

Chapter 2

“We have to make Tess fall out of love with Max,” Kyle told her.

Isabel looked at him in disbelief and a moment later she started laughing. She continued to laugh while Kyle looked on wondering what was so funny. Catching her breath she finally calmed down enough to stop laughing. “Make Tess fall out of love with Max,” she asked. “How can we make her fall out of love with him when she doesn’t love him to begin with? She’s not in love with my brother she’s infatuated with him and what she calls destiny. She only wants him because she has some sick notion that he belongs to her. I doubt she knows what love is or that she’s capable of feeling love,” she told him.

Kyle shook his head at her and told her, “she might not be in love with him, but she is capable of loving. There’s more to her than you think and that might have been the problem to begin with. She came here looking for her family and instead she was met with suspicion and like an outsider. If you were her how would you feel if everyone treated you as a leper?”

“Of course we treated her with suspicion, and from what you told me we were right to do so. Look at all the mind games she did when she first got here, if she wanted to be accepted then why do all that. No I don’t trust her and I never will despite the fact that we need her,” Isabel told him angrily.

“If that’s the attitude you’re going have then we’re screwed already. There’s no way in hell she’s going to stay if you keep acting like that,” he yelled at her.

“Well gee Kyle maybe I’m treating her like this because hmm…she killed Alex! What am I supposed to do? Invite her over for tea and say by the way we need you to stay to save the world and why you’re at please don’t go psycho on us,” she said sarcastically.

“There’s more to her than you think or know!”

“What is your problem? Why are you so gung-ho on this notion that there’s more to her than I think?”

Tired of arguing with her he turned away from her and crossed over to the window. Sitting down on the window still he looked out into the night trying to calm down and find that inner peace. He knew him being emotionally wouldn’t help them especially since his powers tended to go wiry when his emotions were at an extreme. ‘There’s more to her then they know. I know that Tess can be redeem and help us all. If Isabel acted like this then I would hate to see how the rest of them would react if they found out about Tess’ betrayal.’

Isabel seeing the tense way that he held himself walked over to him and asked quietly, “are you okay. I didn’t mean to upset you, but you’re going have to explain this to me some more.” She reached up and touched his shoulders and that’s when it happened. A connection opened and she was hit with flashes of what Kyle was thinking of.

*flashes*

~Kyle watching Tess sleep on the couch in his jersey.

~Tess teasing Kyle.

~Tess and Kyle dancing in some kind of ballroom of sorts.

~Tess cooking dinner for the Valentis and the three laughing.

~Kyle watching Tess as she chatted on about something.

*flashes end*

Coming out of the connection she took an unsteady step back as she thought of what she saw, but that what wasn’t what really bothered her. The thing that really bothered her was that she could feel every emotion Kyle had had at that specific moment in time. She never had a connection with someone like that except her brothers and it was a rare thing when she even got that much emotion from them. Her brothers loved her, but they like her did a good job of hiding of what they felt. Swallowing she took a step back as she tried to figure out what was going on. Kyle having experience the connection with her turned back to her and saw how paled she looked.

“Are you okay,” he asked her.

“What was that? How can we have a connection like that,” she asked him shakily.

He started to move towards her, but she step back away skittish. Seeing that he made her uncomfortable he stopped in his tracks. “Well you see we’ve been at war with Khivar for a number of years and one time in a battle I was captured. Nicholas was the one chosen to torture me for information. His main power is the ability to mind rape information out a person and the sadistic bastard gets a kick out of breaking people. Anyway by that time we had already met up with Serena who had taught all of us the trick of blocking people like Nicholas out of our head. So Nicholas started going through my memories searching information when I threw him out of my mind. The little bugger wasn’t please by that and so let’s just say that he started damaging the cells in my brain and by the time you guys had arrived to rescue me I was already dying. You were the first one to get to me and you started to heal me and that’s when we connected.”

“Wait, I can heal?”

“You all can heal to a point, but that’s mostly Max’s power. You healed as much as you could which gave Max enough time to get to me. We all of have been healed by each other at one point in time although Serena complains whenever she has to heal me.”

“Who’s Serena?”

Scratching his goatee he tried to think of how to explain Serena. “Well she’s an enigma if I had to describe her in one word. She was basically created with the sole purpose of protecting the granolith and you guys as well. She doesn’t come from the same planet or even the same galaxy as you guys. She’s like a mixture of Xena and that girl from ‘Dark Angel’.”

“If she’s our protector then why isn’t she here now since Nacedo is dead?”

“Well right now they don’t know that Nacedo is dead and Serena isn’t old enough to protect anyone. At the moment I believe she’s 4 years old and we didn’t meet her until she was 16 so who knows when you guys are going to meet her in this timeline. Anyway right now we need to come up with a plan to make Tess stay and to fix everything that has happened tonight.”

“What are you talking about? What else happened tonight?”

“Let’s see right now Max is sitting on a bench with Tess trying to comfort him, Liz is crying her eyes out, Michael is at home bitching about Whitman’s right hook, Maria is plotting to hurt Courtney, my present self is confused as hell, and I have no idea as to what Alex is doing,” he told her as he ticked the list off on his fingers.

“Okay I’m confused. What the hell happened tonight and why did Alex hit Michael?”

“Maria caught Michael with Courtney and Alex being the good friend he is went over and punched Michael for hurting her feelings. Liz is crying because she hurt Max and in the process herself as well. Max is hurt because of what Liz and my present self has done or rather shown him.”

“What did you two do my brother,” she asked knowing that Kyle was trying to get around that particular point.

He sighed as he knew he wouldn’t be able to get past this without telling her and he hoped she didn’t blow a fuse as he knew from first hand experience that she was protective of her brothers and those she cared for. She hadn’t rose up in the ranks of her brothers’ army just because of her status she rose up because she worked hard and would go after anyone that hurt her family.

“My present self and Liz pretended to sleep together to make Max fall out of love with her and go seek out his destiny,” he told her quickly.

“You did what?!”

“Okay it wasn’t my idea and if you have to blame anyone blame it on Future Max.”

“Future Max?! How many future versions of us are running around here, and I thought the reason you came back was to make Tess fall out of love with Max not make Max fall out of love with Liz,” she asked slightly confused as to what was going on.

“The future Max I’m talking about came from the second timeline, I’m from the timeline that happened as a result of him and Liz changing the past. Apparently future Max came back and persuaded Liz to help him change things for the better, but there were things he didn’t know about and so the future changed for the worst.”

“So you’re telling me that his plan was to make Max go to Tess and in the process break Liz and his present self heart as well. Um okay its official my brother is an idiot, what kind of plan is that,” she ranted.

Kyle stared at her in amusement and said, “The same plan that your future self came up with for me to do. I didn’t come up with this plan this was all your idea. I’m just here to fix things hopefully for the better.”

“What kind of plans are these?”

“They’re plans conceived in desperation. If you had seen everyone you loved die before your eyes and everything you knew destroyed you wouldn’t even question these plans,” he told her seriously.

She looked at him and saw the sadness that covered his face and wondered how much of that other life she didn’t know about. ‘God how bad was it that it would come to this?’ Shaking her head she opened her mouth to say something but a yawn came out instead. “Oh excuse me. I guess I’m tired than I thought, but we should probably go over our plans as to how we’re going to do all this.”

He looked at the clock besides the nightstand and raised his eyebrow at how late it was. “Iz go get some sleep. It’s almost one in the morning and we both know how grumpy you get if you don’t get enough sleep.”

“Hey! I do not get grumpy it’s just that I’m not happy when I don’t get enough sleep.”

“Suuuuuure. Like there’s a difference, but anyway go get some sleep and we can figure out how we’re going to do all this in the morning.”

“Okay I’m going I’m going. Just let me get you a pillow and a blanket so you can rest as well,” she told as she moved towards the closet.

“No that’s okay. I don’t really sleep anymore so I think I’m going to raid your fridge for something to eat and maybe take a walk around town for reminiscing.”

“Kyle you should get some rest. I mean aren’t you tired from all that time traveling and whatnot,” she asked him as she took in his tired face.

“I couldn’t sleep even if I wanted to. I really don’t need that much sleep anymore so I’m straight. Now with your permission I’m going to raid your fridge, and like I said go check things out around town.”

Seeing that she wasn’t going to change his mind she nodded her agreement and watched him walked to her window. Opening it up, he turned to her and said, “Now don’t worry about me. I got all these neat alien powers so I’ll be okay. I’ll be back in a few.”

“Wait I thought you were going to get something to eat first,” she asked him.

“I was until I remembered what a horrible cook your mom is, so I’m just going to stop somewhere and grab a slice of pizza or something.”

“Yeah my mom can cook okay until she tries one of those horrid recipes, but Kyle nothing is open this late at night. Where are you going to get something to eat?”

“Don’t worry. I know a place that’s open this late, so get some sleep and I’ll be here when you wake up.”

“Just promise me you’re going to be careful.”

Grinning at her he hopped out the window and peeked back in. “I’ll be fine and tell Alex hey for me when you dream walk him.”

“How did you know that I was going to dream walk him,” she asked while trying not to blush at being caught.

“Because we’re best friends and I know the way you think. Now I got to go and lock the window behind me,” he told her with a wave as he stepped in the shadows and walked away.

Shaking her head she closed the window and locked it and reinforced the lock with her powers. She moved to her dresser and reached in the first drawer and took out her pajamas. Grabbing a few other essentials she walked out the room and headed towards the bathroom. Several minutes she came out and headed back towards her room. Turning the light off and dimming the light on her stand she pulled her coverlet back and got into bed. Finally getting comfortable she grabbed the picture from her night stand and gently ran her fingers over the picture.

Closing her eyes she let the dream realm pull her in. She looked around as she stood in a house that was unfamiliar. Turning around she tried to figure out where she was and suddenly she hear music playing. Following the sound she walked through the hallway and entered a room where white curtains billowed gently against the window as the sunlight covered the room, but the thing that caught her attention was the piano that was at the center in the room. There sitting at the piano sat her Alex with dark blue jeans on and a white dress shirt. She watched as he played for a few minutes and then he would stop to write the music down. As he placed his hand back on the piano the sunlight hit his left hand and she was shocked to see a silver wedding band covering his finger. Before she could process that a tall woman came in laughing carrying two coffee mugs. The woman handed him the mug and Isabel saw that it was herself and eagerly searched her dream self’s left hand and sure enough there was a matching silver wedding band on her hand with a diamond engagement ring.

“So you want to hear what I got so far,” Alex asked her.

“Sure, but I know it’s going to be great,” dream Isabel told him.

Sitting next to him she placed her mug carefully on the coasters on the piano and took his as well and sat it next to hers.

Smiling at her he started playing and singing.

“Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else

I drove for miles and miles…”

She hit him on the shoulder and said, “I heard that one already now play the one you were telling me about.”

“Alright I’ll play it if you snuggle up a little closer next to me,” he told her with a wink.

She moved closer and leaned her head on his shoulder as he started a new song.

“Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you
That someday it would lead me back to you

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave…”

Isabel smiled at the sight before her glad that she hadn’t lost him yet and she was determined to have this dream become a reality. She sat on the floor and just watched the two of them as he continued to sing and play.

***********meanwhile****************

Kyle walked the streets looking at places that he hadn’t seen in years. Finally he found himself stopping at a place that he knew he shouldn’t be, but it was too much of a temptation for him not to come here. He looked at the home that he hadn’t seen in years and the last time he saw it, it had been in rubble thanks to Khivar and his goons. Making sure no one saw him he walked around the house and smiled when he saw his old Mustang. ‘Man I used to love that car to death. I wished I could have kept because it sure would have been worth some serious money. Ah well as Buddha teaches I’m in no need for materialistic items.’ Looking at the car one more time he moved away and crept silently to the side of the house. He walked around until he came to the window he wanted. Using his powers he unlocked the window and raised it up. Climbing through he let his eyes grow accustomed to the darkness before moving over to the bed. He bent down and stared at the young woman lying tangled in the covers. Hesitantly he reached out and touched her cheek. She muttered in her sleep and snuggled deeper in the covers.

Staring at her and taking in her sleeping so peacefully he asked the silent room the question that had been burning on his mind for fourteen years, “why. Why did you do it?”

TBC?
Biged
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Biged »

Authors: Bigede1984 and Vegas312
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don’t sue.
Coupling: CC (All Couples)
Summary: look at previous chapters
AN:Sorry about the delay :)

Chapter Three

Valenti’s Residence

Her eyes fluttered open as if called by something. She looks around her…his room and it was empty but a presence still hung in the air. Standing up she glides over to the window where the curtains are fluttering. Leaning out the window she takes a deep breath as the cold crisp New Mexico air stings her face. Her hand reaches up and touches her cheek as she stares into the bleak night. Images of Kyle flashes by her eyes causing her to smile, he could always find a way to make her laugh or smile when she was down.

'Destiny' shouts through her mind bringing her out of her day dreams. The thought of destiny had been drilled into her since she first emerged from her pod and like an albatross it was something she couldn’t escape.

“You are a Queen always remember that. Your people must come first and what’s right for them. No one must stand in your way of fulfilling that goal. Never forget who you are...these humans have no place in your destiny.”

She let out a sigh as she watches the stars shine down on her from the heavens. When would she get her chance at love…something she has never felt before and feared would never be able to. With one last glance to the sky she shut the window and returned to bed. She lays her head down and thought of him and soon slumber over took her and she starts to dream of things that could never be. Unbeknown to her a smile graces her face even while tears slip quietly down her cheek.

Max stands at his sister’s door listening carefully. He could have sworn he heard Kyle’s voice but it couldn’t be…could it? ‘What would he be doing in Isabel’s room?’ He asks himself and he shuffles closer to the door. Suddenly images enter his mind, images of Isabel and Kyle that cause him to shudder. ‘Great first he gets Liz now he wants my sister...’ His thoughts were interrupted as his face and body came in contact with the floor. He had been so deep in thought he didn’t notice the door opening. He quickly climbs to his feet trying desperately to regain his balance and failing miserably.

“Hello brother dear. Find something interesting about my door,” she asks as she glares at him, her hands placed firmly on her hips.

“Why was Kyle in here,” he demands as if he didn’t even hear her ask him a question.

Panic flashes across her face but is quickly covered with a cold stare. “He wasn’t in here and even if he was it would be none of your business.” Her voice was cold and sharp and she notices Max flinch from her words but she holds her ground.

“But…but I heard him,” he protests lamely as he looks around the room for any sign that he isn’t going insane.

“I’ve been the only one in this room since yesterday,” she lies convincingly. “Are you trying to say I sound like Kyle?” She stays on the upper hand keeping Max off balance.

“Um,” he scratches his head and turns his gaze to the floor as he is at a lost for words.

“Well,” Isabel asks impatiently as she looks at her perfect nails in a detached manner while cocking her head to the side.

“Never mind,” he spoke lightly and keeps his gaze lowered not willing to challenge Isabel further…yet. He makes a quick retreat from the room and Isabel shuts and locks it behind him. Kyle emerges from the closet cautiously.

“That was close,” he whispers as soon as he gets closer to her. “We need a place where we can discuss things in private.”

Isabel thinks for a moment. “Well how about the pod chamber?” It seems like the most logical place to go most people stay away from there considering they are all dealing with their own personal problems.

Kyle nods his head as he thinks it through. “That’s actually perfect I could probably sleep there also…” He nods again as he looks up at her. “I will meet you there in a few hours…” It came out more like question then anything else and he smiles when he receives a nod in the confirmation from Isabel. “See you then.” With that Kyle makes his way carefully out of the window, he really doesn’t need to be caught by anybody sneaking out of Isabel’s window.

Once Kyle is gone Isabel sits on her bed allowing herself to fall back softly. Images of last nights activities run through her mind causing her to smile. ‘I wonder what Alex is up to. Hmm maybe I should call him.’ She is still full of doubt when it comes to Alex and she probably always will be but she decides to call him anyways. She picks up the phone and dials the number from memory. It rings a few times and she thinks to herself, ‘maybe he’s still asleep.’ As the phone keeps ringing she starts doubting whether it’s a good idea or not. ‘Maybe he doesn’t want to talk to me. I’ve been so cruel to him and I wouldn’t blame him if he doesn’t want to talk to me, but still that dream last night had to mean something.’ Her thoughts are interrupted by a voice coming over the receiver.

“Hello…”

Ten Minutes Earlier…

His eyes flicker open as the morning sun highlights his face causing him to squint as it overpowers his vision. He rolls out of bed grumbling at the sun. Why did it have to be so bright? He stumbles his way to the bathroom, the sound of water echoes through the house as he prepares to take a shower. The hot water invades his senses as it cascades down his body. The feeling of relaxation flows through him as the heat releases the tension that had been building up for days not even sleep was a haven from his constant thoughts of her. A low chuckle resonates around the small bathroom, it is dry and mocking. Why should sleep be safe from thoughts of her, she is the princess of dreams after all.

His attention turns to the dream he had in his latest attempt at mental peace. She always seemed happy in his dreams, life is so simple in fantasy but it’s far from simple in the waking world. He banishes the thoughts from his mind knowing it would only bring him peace for a few moments and then she would sneak her way back into his head. She is like a virus…a tall, blonde beautiful virus with full red luscious lips…he turns the water cold to counteract his physical reaction. He was gone…

He shuts the water off but doesn’t move, the cold shower having little effect. Baseball…football…he had to be desperate to resort to thinking of sports as his sole athletic endeavor was dodge ball and he hated it so. He retreats to his room not even bothering to dress for he knew the house was empty so the only people who could get in without making noise would be his little green friends. If any of them should happen to see him naked it didn’t bother him much for he had gym class with the guys and if Isabel entered without permission and happened upon him sans clothing…He grunted sharply his thoughts once again on her.

He finally found the will to dress deciding not to be a total lazy bum. He rests in front of the mirror as he buttons up his shirt when he reaches the top button he stops suddenly. He always found it fun when Isabel would unbutton it for him but found that it also was depressing and sad when she didn’t. He shakes his head and mutters, “why does every decision need to involve her?” He made his way downstairs having decided to eat some cereal as he did not really want to cook. “What to eat…what to eat…cocoa pebbles or Cheerios…” After some lengthy thought he made his decision and poured a bowl of Cheerios as he liberally added sugar. No sooner had he taken a bite the phone rang, its high pitch shocking Alex momentarily. He sets out to find the source of the unwelcome noise wondering who would be calling him this early. It was probably Maria on one of her many problems with “Stonewall Jackson” also known as Michael Guerin.

He braces himself for the almost definite energetic voice he was so sure he was going to hear. “Hello…” He holds the phone away slightly but the voice he heard was not who he was expecting.

“Hello Alex, its Isabel…I hope I didn’t wake you…” her voice meek as it came softly over the ear piece. Why would Isabel be calling him?

“No, no I was just eating breakfast…so…” Silence filled the line but Alex doesn’t speak, his only clue that she was still on the line being the sure sound of breathing. Moments pass silence still hanging over the line. “Isabel?” Why was she so quiet?

“I was just wondering if you wanted to get together later and do something?” He never heard her so unsure of herself, it makes him wonder if anything was wrong.

“Um…sure I’d love to…any thing in mind?” His voice apprehensive, Isabel had hurt him before and he didn’t think he could take it again.

“How about we go stargazing later on?” The apprehension once again present in her voice.

“Sure that sounds…that sounds great…I’ll pick you up at…eight?” Alex was so sure this was a joke that any moment Isabel was going to laugh over the line.

“Eight is perfect. I will see your then,” she replies her voice full of excitement and relief.

A sigh escaped his lips, the relief almost tangible “See ya then,” he finally managed to say, his voice calmer then previous attempts.

Hanging up the phone he allows himself a smile, this day was turning out to be great…hopefully.

Liz wanders around the Crashdown delivering food in a daze. Some days she just really hated working there. She walks over to the order window, laying the order slip down on the small table under the small alcove. “Table three’s order…” She sighs as she watches Michael work hard cooking food for the masses.

“Didn’t you take a break ten minutes ago?” A deep voice echoes behind her, startling Liz. Her father stands there watching her with raised eyebrows something he found himself doing more and more often. He doesn’t mind her taking breaks only he would prefer it to be when they weren’t so busy.

“Sorry,” she mumbles as she busies herself with refilling the Ketchup bottles. The loud tap of little feet can be heard from behind the door leading to the break room. Liz knew whose feet were making the noise and by the sound coming from the alcove, so did Michael.

Liz shakes her head as she hears the heated words come from the back, grasping a few words here and there which seem to be mostly tramp and hussy. Maria always did have a way with words.

Maria storms through the break room door in a flurry, muttering to herself as she approaches Liz. “Can you believe him?” She asks somewhat confusing Liz.

Liz rolls her eyes amusedly “What did he do this time.” she asks turning her full attention on her best friend.

“What hasn’t he done!” She cries in her normal over dramatic way not, not really helping Liz recover from her confusion.

“O….k…” She stares at Maria oddly, she grew up with this girl and she is still no closer to figuring her out. Maria ignores the look and shakes her head.

Unseen to the ladies, his eyes stare intently at them assessing them. They sit there discussing trivial matters and have no idea the danger their lives are in. He smirks as he polishes off his alien blast, a name he found quite curious. He found the whole restaurant rather curious and silly. He notices that Maria is walking over to him, stomping loudly.

“Did you want anything else?” She asks hurriedly, looking around the small restaurant.

Rath always did like the difficult ones or should I say Michael, he thinks as he smiles at her. “That should do it…” he looks at her name tag and smiles again. “…Maria.” It would be so simple to just snap her neck where she stood but that would cause too many problems at present time.

Maria stares at him, shuddering inwardly, something about him rubs her the wrong way. “Great…pay your bill at the cashier.” She places a receipt on his table and hurries away.

He glances at the young ladies one last time before paying his bill and retreats the café, his mind full of fantasies of murder and power. Soon he thinks as he walks down the rigid sidewalk…soon.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Author: Vegas312
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don’t sue me.
Rating: MATURE
Coupling: All CC
Summary: Please look at previous chapters.
AN: Thanks for all the awesome feedback and sorry about the delay. My computer broke down on me.

Chapter Four

He walked out the Crashdown with a smirk on his face and wandered down the street taking in the buildings and the people. ‘So many people wandering around aimlessly and they don’t have a clue what the future will bring them. No wonder I was so able to conquer them so easy and I’ll do so again as soon as I find that human Vilandra sent here. She thought herself so clever in pushing him in there in the last minute, but I showed her. I am Khivar, King of Antar and Ruler of the Seven Planets. A human who thinks he’s special because he has some powers will not defeat me. I have not waited over fifty years to destroy Zan and those he loves because of Vilandra’s misguided attempt to make everything right. I should have known that she would never come to me, the first clue was when she chose to keep that ridiculous human name. Isabel. What a common name for one who’s beauty is unrivaled by any other in the galaxies. She might have rebuked me in the future, but I can now change the past to make my future even better,’ he smirked. Stopping in front of a window he took in his new form and forced a smile that didn’t reach his dark blue eyes. Long black hair hung down his back and he stood six feet tall and with one last look he turned around and started walking as he plotted the downfall of his enemies once and for all.

Meanwhile across town at the pod chamber Kyle was scowling at the wall in front of him. Throwing a pebble at the rock wall, he slumped down to the ground with a sigh. “I had to go and see her. Man, she almost caught me before I could slip out the window. What is this obsession, this need I have to be with her? For fourteen years she has consumed my every thought, haunted all of my dreams, and when I wake up her name is the first thing on my lips. Argh! I don’t know what this thing is, but I don’t want it. Okay Valenti, you have to focus on the game plan here and make sure Tess doesn’t kill Alex otherwise Isabel is going to blast her from here to Hong Kong. Let’s not forget that I still got to get Max and Liz back together. What was Izzy thinking when she sent me back by myself? There’s no way I can do all of this by myself.” Growling in frustration he raked his fingers in his hair, “Well things are really going good if I’m having a conversation by myself. Good thing Serena isn’t here otherwise she would have a field day with this.”

Chuckling at the thought he leaned back against the wall and closed his eyes hoping to get some sleep before Isabel came to check on him. Wiggling to get comfortable he settled down and started to nod off when he heard someone calling his name. Startled he almost fell over, but caught himself in time. Slowly rising he raised his right hand and moved silently towards where he heard someone calling him. He stopped in front of the pods and waited. Hearing a noise that sounded like someone groaning, he bent down and started crawling through one of the pods. ‘The things I go through on a daily basis I tell you. When I get back to the future El Presidente had better give me a raise or something.’

Finally reaching the end of the pod he dropped out and landed on his feet with his right hand raised. Looking around all he saw was the granolith and with a muttered expletive he turned to go back through the pod when he heard someone calling his name again. Quickly turning back around he still didn’t see anyone and started walking around the granolith when he came across a figure sprawled out behind it. Moving towards the person he saw that it was a female with long black hair and he turned her over and was shock by what he saw. “Serena! What are you doing here, and what happened to you?”

Receiving no answer he shook her and her eyelids fluttered and finally her eyes open. She smiled when she saw that it was Kyle leaning over her. “Well it’s nice to see you too Valenti. Now if you would stop shaking me maybe you can help me get off the floor.”

“Same old Serena that’s for sure,” he smiled at her and reached down to grasp her by the arms and picked her up.

“My hero,” she muttered drolly and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Kyle, we have a big problem on our hands and I’m not talking about the risk of you dropping me.”

“Oh yeah I know we got a problem if you’re calling me by my first name,” he snorted.

Trying to ignore the pain that was building up in her head she shook it and groaned, “See that’s why I never call you by your first name. Egotistical is what you are. Now listen closely as I got a feeling I’m about to pass out on you. Khivar from our time is here in Roswell now. I don’t know where he is at the moment, but he arrived an hour before I did. We have to stop him before he wrecks the future worst than what it is.” Suddenly all her vision clouded and she was surrounded by black and with a sigh she embraced it ignoring Kyle calling her name.

“This is just great. Now Khivar is here and I haven’t even started to fix what went wrong in this time, and Serena is completely out of it so she’s no help whatsoever. Well it’s the bottom of the fourth quarter and it looks like everything is up to me,” he moved to sit next in front of the granolith and was mindful not to drop Serena.

Evans Residence

“Okay I just got to find something to wear,” Isabel muttered as she looked in her closet. “Where’s that red blouse with the one sleeve,” she tossed more clothes on the bed unmindful of the doorbell that had just rung. Hearing the doorbell again she ignored it and kept searching for the missing blouse. The doorbell rang again and she threw her hands in the air and gave up the search temporarily and stalked out her room. Glaring at her brother’s door who was obviously home since she could hear some Counting Crow song playing she stalked towards the front door. Pulling it open she got ready to send whoever it was on their way, but stopped in her tracks when she saw that it was Tess standing in front of her.

“Hey Iz,” Tess smiled at her waiting to be invited in.

“Um hey. What are you doing here…err I mean what’s going on,” Iz asked trying to keep her composure together.

“Well I thought maybe we could go out and have lunch and maybe do some shopping,” Tess chirped at her. “You’re not busy or anything are you? If so that’s okay, maybe Max will want to go with me.”

“Oh no I’m not busy at the moment. I was just looking for this red blouse that I want to wear on my date with Alex,” Isabel moved away from the door and waved for Tess to come in. ‘Like I’m really going to leave you alone with my brother while he’s this vulnerable. I know all about what you’re plotting to do and it’s not going to work if I have say so. Hmm maybe this will be the perfect time to start working on her. It would be much easier if Kyle would just let me blast her then all our problems would be solved.’

“You have a date with Alex? I didn’t know the two of you were dating again,” Tess followed Isabel to her room. Seeing all the clothes on the bed she raised an eyebrow and asked, “You really want to wear to find that red blouse don’t you?”

“Well I’ve realized that no matter how much I’d pushed him away he could still get hurt by who I am. I mean if anyone was to harm him I would hunt her or him down and give them as much pain as I would be feeling,” Isabel smiled sweetly at Tess. ‘That should give her pause to using Alex in her little plot.
“I doubt anyone would want to hurt Alex because of you and you shouldn’t worry so much. I mean no one would hurt him and if they did I’m sure that everyone would help you hunt the person down,” Tess smiled not quite sure if Isabel was trying to tell her something or what.

“Okay so let me get grab my purse and then we can head out,” Isabel started moving clothes off her bed in search for her purse.

“You know what how about I help you find that blouse and I can help you get ready for your date. I mean we can have lunch tomorrow and dish about your date,” Tess started going through the pile of clothes.

“Are you sure? I mean I’m sure I can find the blouse before it’s time for the date,” Isabel asked not quite sure what Tess was up to.

“Nope no problem what’s so every. So what are you going to put with the blouse?”

“Hmm I was thinking maybe either dark jeans or black leather pants since we’re going stargazing,” she mused while holding up the two articles mentioned.

“You should probably wear the jeans if you’re going stargazing since you want to be comfortable.”

Isabel nodded, “Good point. You know what we should do tomorrow instead of having lunch? You, Kyle, Alex, and me should go bowling or something or maybe take in a movie. I think that would be fun, don’t you?”

Tess froze in folding a shirt, “Um sure that is if Kyle doesn’t have plans or anything.”

“I’m sure we can talk him out of it if he does,” she smiled happily and went back to looking for the red blouse. ‘Tomorrow is a great start to getting Tess to get over Max and hooked up with Kyle.’

Tess quietly folded clothes and kept looking for the red blouse. She thought about the dream she had last night and the feeling of someone watching over her, but not in a bad way. She felt safe somehow although that didn’t made much sense as she could never be safe, but when she had woke up in the middle of the night that’s how she exactly how she felt. Not only had she woken up feeling safe but also she had felt as if she lost something or someone very important. Shaking her head she kept on with the search and started chattering with Isabel about the upcoming date.

Later that night…

Alex pulled up to the Evans’ Residence and parked his car. Turning off the engine he got out and slowly walked to the front door. He took a couple of deep breaths and tried to calm down. “Alright Whitman we’re here and this date is going to be great. Just calm down and don’t get all paranoid. This is not a conspiracy cooked up and I really need to stop talking to myself,” he muttered. He reached over to knock but stopped and then tried again only to stop. He started to take deep breaths again but the front door open to reveal an amused Isabel. “Um hi. I was just about to knock,” he stuttered but stopped and groaned. “Maybe we should try this again.”

Laughing she closed the door behind her and slipped her arm into his, “That’s okay Alex. So have you been studying up on the stars?”

“Always,” he smiled at her and the two started walking to the car. ‘Hmm maybe this night will better than our last few dates.’

TBC
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Authors: Vegas312 and Biged1984

Rating: Mature for language, and violence.

Coupling: CC all the way lol

Summary: Based on a challenge by Katchin Lee. It’s 2014 and the end of the world happened again. What if Future Max was right? What if their worst enemy is the only one that can save them all?

AN: Okay here’s the new part like I promised. I’m not sure how it is as I didn’t have time to harass anyone to beta for me. Thanks everyone for all the bumps and a special thanks to Lisa for introducing me to the genius that is Switchfoot. Thanks sweetie! The song below is “On Fire” by Switchfoot and copyright infringement is not intended so please don’t sue me as all I own is this crazy computer and tons of school books. For this part most it was written with “On Fire” on repeat, but I did listen to Edwin McCain’s “I’ll Be” as an inspiration as well so check out either of the songs and read it with either one. Enjoy! Eddie, it’s now your turn to write. *winks and goes to write an update to “Almost Perfect*

Chapter 5

Frasier Woods

The two had been sitting in the car for about five minutes with neither one talking just waiting for the other one to say something or to make a move. Alex sighed and shut off the car and taking the keys out he turned to Isabel and gave a nervous smile. “Well I guess we should go check out those stars now.”

She looked at him and smiled in return while hoping all the while that tonight would be great. “Yeah I guess we should get out of the car as we did come to watch the stars.”

The two looked at each other and burst out laughing at the weird conversation. “Wow, on a conversation scale of one to ten I would have to say that was a three for effort to make small talk,” Alex quipped and got out of the car. Isabel shook her head and started to open the door but found that Alex had beat her to it and was standing in front of her offering his hand. “My lady, if I may help you out of the carriage.”

Taking his hand she allowed him to help her out, “Why thank you kind sir.”

“You’re welcome,” he told her and after a few seconds he realized that he was still holding her hand. Trying not to blush he quickly let go of her hand and headed towards the trunk of the car. “Okay let me get these blankets out and the thermos of cocoa and we’ll be ready to go.”

He opened the trunk and took out the blankets and thermos and started to close it when Isabel stopped him. “Hey is that your guitar,” she asked pointing to a black case.

“Yeah I had band practice with the guys earlier and as I didn’t have a lot of time to get home and freshen up I just left it in there,” he told her while trying to close the trunk.

Still she stopped him from closing the trunk and asked, “Can we take it with us? I would love to hear what you guys have been working on.”

Suddenly wanting to scratch his forehead he squinted at her, “We haven’t done anything new in awhile. Just rewriting some of our old stuff and working the kinks out of some new material. Maybe I can play for you another time.”

“Aww come on Alex, I really want to know what you’ve been working on,” she pleaded and gave him her best sad face.
“Oh no not the sad face! I promise another time, but not tonight okay.”

Not sure why she was feeling such a need to hear him play, she gave him another sad face. Maybe it was the dream she walked into last night, but she had this yearning to know everything that he had been doing when they weren’t together.

Seeing the sad face again he sighed knowing that he was going to give in. He wasn’t sure why she suddenly wanted to hear him play, but for her he would play if it made her happy. “Okay you can put away the sad face now. I’ll play you one song, but that’s it,” he said trying to sound stern, but knowing the whole time that if she asked him to play one hundred songs he would do it.

She clapped her hands in excitement and gave him a hug, which was really hard to do as Alex was still holding onto the blankets and the thermos. “Gee, if I had known that you gave hugs away for songs I would have played for you a long time ago,” he teased her.

“Alex!” She hit him softly on the shoulder and turned back to the trunk to get the guitar out. Closing the trunk behind her, she smiled at Alex happily and started walking towards the woods. Shaking his head as he wasn’t sure if he was in a dream or not he followed her into the woods.

A few minutes later the two came across the clearing and the rock where they had once stargazed before. Isabel sat the guitar down gently and took a blanket and the thermos from Alex. Soon the two were sitting contently on the rock with Isabel wrapped up and Alex having sat his blanket on the ground next to him as he didn’t want the blanket to get in the way of his guitar playing.

Looking up at the sky that sparkled with a smashing of stars, she sighed happily as she was right where she wanted to be and with the person who she had chosen to be with. “That was a pretty big sigh,” a voice interrupted her thoughts.

She looked at Alex and tried not to smile as she had a feeling if she did she would be smiling like an idiot. “I was just looking at the stars and wondering how people don’t take the time to appreciate them. The stars hold such mysteries and beauty that it’s hard to feel sad when you look at them.” Realizing that she was rambling, she quickly changed the subject, “So what song are you going to sing? Is it something I’ve heard already?”

Unknowingly she started humming “Sunday Morning,” Alex looked at her with a raised eyebrow and briefly wondered if Maria had told her about the song. Strumming the guitar he told her, “Well this song is something that I’ve been working on and I haven’t played it for anyone else yet so you get to hear it first. It’s called “On Fire,” and if you don’t like it don’t tell me.”

“Alex! Will you please play the song already? I know it’s going to be great,” she winked at him.

‘Okay déjà vu big time. In my dream last night she said pretty much the same thing. Hmm I wonder if she dream walked me…nah she wouldn’t do that. Would she?’ Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he strummed the guitar and started singing.

“They tell you where you need to go
They tell you when you need to leave
They tell you when you need to know
They tell you who you need to be.

But everything inside you
Knows there’s more than what you’ve heard
There’s so much more than empty conversations
Filled with empty words.”

She looked at the stars and whispered a thank you to her future self who risked it all to fix the future. Now all she had to do was make sure that the future would be better and everyone would be safe, more importantly that Alex would be safe and well. Making the promise to herself she laid her head on his shoulder finally feeling like she was home.

Meanwhile across town at the Valenti’s household Tess was looking at the same sky and wondering how things had gotten so out of hand. She wondered when she had lost sight of why she was here in Roswell to begin with. Sighing she continued to stare out of the window and tried not to let her mind wander back to the dream that had been haunting her all night. Feeling her mind wandered she growled in frustration and closed her window and got up from the window still. She walked to her dresser and slowly started moving things back into place as she had been in a hurry this afternoon to get out of the house and more importantly to get away from Kyle who seemed to be stalking her in her dreams and in reality was everywhere she turned.

“Okay I have to get myself under control. I can’t keep thinking about him like that. I have to concentrate on what’s important, my destiny. Max and Liz broke up so now is my chance to show Max his true destiny. I can’t let one little human get in my way no matter how cute he is and how cute he looks sleeping his boxer shorts.’ She groaned as her mind started giving her clear visuals of Kyle with no shirt on. ‘Aack! Down girl down. Tess, you have to concentrate and just forget about it,’ she repeated silently as if it would banish thoughts of a shirtless Kyle out of her mind. ‘Oh, that’s it! I have to get out of here before I do something totally stupid.’ Seeing her car keys on the dresser she grabbed them and headed out of her room. Not sure where she was going and not caring, she just knew that she had to get away from it all. Entering the living room she stopped in her tracks as she saw him stretched out on the chair. ‘Oh Buddha, oh Buddha. Please tell me he’s at least dressed. Alright that’s it, my only solution is to creep out of here before he notices me.’ She started towards the door silently but stopped when Kyle called her name. Nearly growling in frustration she closed her eyes and took a deep breath and turned around with a smile.

“Yes Kyle,” she inquired politely. Please with herself that she was at least acting civil she smiled at him.

He stood up and raised an eyebrow at her polite tone. “Ooookay. Anyway I was wondering if you could do me a big favor.”

“Um sure, what’s up?”

“I was wondering if you could teach me how to dance,” he mumbled quickly.

“I’m sorry, what did you say?”

Clearing his throat, “I said I was wondering if you could teach me how to dance.”

“Teach you how to dance? You mean formal dancing,” she asked not sure what was going on. ‘Did the pod people get to Kyle,’ she wondered briefly.

“Yeah I want to ask this girl out to go dancing, but I need to learn how to dance first.”

Barely stopping herself from asking who the girl was she opened her mouth to decline, but seeing the look he was giving her she sighed and sat her keys down on the coffee table. “Oh alright I’ll teach you, but we don’t have any music.”

“That’s cool. We can just make our own music and since its kind of late you can teach me a few steps,” he smiled at her happy that she was help.

“We should probably move the coffee table out of the way so we can have some room,” she move to grab one end and motioned for him to get the other.

Putting the table gently on the couch, the two stood in front of each other not sure what to do first. Seeing that he wasn’t going to make a move she stepped close to him and placed one of his hands on her waist and clasped his other hand within her hand. She started counting steps and he counted with her. At first he stepped on her toes, but a few minutes in the dance he was leading her around the floor.

“And you’re on fire
When he’s near you
You’re on fire burning at these mysteries.”

He twirled her away from him and gently pulled her back into his arms. She giggled at him and he twirled again, and she laid her head on his shoulder. The two dance slowly in place and she asked quietly, “So who’s the hot mama you’re taking out dancing?”

“Hot mama,” he laughingly asked.

“Ha ha! Oh shut up and answer the question,” she took her hand away and poked him in the chest.

“Shut doesn’t go up,” he joked. Seeing the disgruntled look on her face, he pulled her back in his arm and dipped her and told her quietly, “Actually the hot mama would be you.”

She just looked at him not sure what to say. Pulling her back up, he stared back at her and slowly lowered his head giving her time to pull away. Their lips were a breath away and she closed her eyes as his lips touched hers. A second later he broke off the kiss and leaned his forehead against hers. Trying to figure out what happened she opened her mouth to say something, but froze as a voice whispered in her head, ‘Remember your destiny. Never forget that a queen has no life except to live for her subjects. It is your destiny to save your people.’ Biting her lip and shaking her head at the voice while all the while hoping that it would go away, a new voice whispered, ‘How can you forget your destiny so soon? What of your people? Meet me tonight when all sleep. I will help you restore all that you have lost and you will gain more.’

“Tess, are you okay,” Kyle shook her gently.

“What,” she asked startled at hearing Kyle’s voice. Blinking up at him she saw the concern in his face and pulled herself out of his arms. Confused as to what was going on, he reached for her but she backed away. Tears wailed up her eyes and whispered, “I’m sorry Kyle.” Before he could say anything she turned around and grabbed her keys and ran out of the door. Stunned at what had happened he stood froze for a second before he ran behind her. Catching up with her at the car he grabbed her arm and turned her around.

“Tess, what’s going on?”

“I’m sorry Kyle, but I can’t be with you. I have to go now.” She stood on her toes and kissed him on the cheek and hopped in the SUV. Starting it up, she quickly pulled out of the driveway and drove off.

“What the hell is going on around here,” he muttered angrily at the stars.

A few blocks away Tess was asking herself the same thing as she laid her head on the steering wheel and gave into the urge to cry. As she cried her eyes out at what she knew she had given up and the duty that awaited her, the teenage boy who had long ago been her husband was across town staring inside the windows of the Crashdown.

Max stared at the girl who was busy cleaning tables off unaware that the boy who she dreamed of at nights was staring at her. She threw more dishes into the dishpan all the while trying to keep her composure together. ‘How does one heal from a broken heart? How does one go on when your heart is gone,’ she wondered to herself.

“Give me one more time around.
Give me one more chance to see.
Give me everything you are
Give me one more chance to be near you.”

Outside Max was wondering the same question and briefly wondered why he persisted in tormenting himself with the hope that nothing had happened between Liz and Kyle. ‘I can see why a moth is drawn to a flame. Even knowing what I know I can’t stop myself from wanting to be near her. How does one go on when everything that you believe turns out to be a lie? I don’t want to believe that Liz would do that to me. Maybe if I ask her before she can think of another lie, I’ll get the truth. I can’t lose her.’

Liz wiped the table down and sighed at the mess and stacked the dirty dishes in the dishpan next to her. Pushing a strand of hair out of her face she looked up as she felt someone watching her. Looking out the window her glaze locked with amber eyes staring intensely at her. It was him. It was Max. Not sure what to do, but not wanting to turn away she continued to stare as memorize. He stared back at her with all the yearning and confusion in his eyes not sure what to do. Finally he broke the eye contact and turn away and she started to move closer to the window, but stopped when she realized what she had almost done.

‘I can’t be with him no matter how much I want to be. It’s better for all of us that we don’t be together, but why does it have to hurt so much.’ Shaking her head she went back to clearing the table off, and lost in her thoughts she didn’t hear the bell ring signaling someone coming into the café. Grabbing the dishpan she turned around to move onto the next table, and gasped as she bumped into Max. “Max,” she whispered. Suddenly nervous she clears her throat and asks, “So what’s up? If you want to order something I can recommend the Men in Blackberry Pie. It’s been a hit with all the customers today.” Still he didn’t say anything just stared at her with those amber eyes that seemed to be searching for something. Not sure what was going on, but every instinct told her now would be a good time to go clean another table off. “Well if you have a seat I’ll send Maria over here with that pie,” she started to edge around him, but stops when he whispers her name.

“Um Max are you okay,” she sits the dishpan downs and starts to reach her hand out towards his forehead, but stop. Letting her hand dangle at her side not sure what to do, she turns back to grab the dishpan and moves to leave again. She gets an inch away from him, when he grabs her arm and twirls her back towards him.

“Max, what’s going,” she starts to say, but is halted when he brushes his hand across her cheek. Her eyes close momentarily until she remembers that she shouldn’t be standing here while Max caresses her cheek. She tries to move away, but he halts her progress and with one last search in her eyes he leans down and kisses her. Panic hits her as she tries to make sure that no flashes gets through and she tries to focus her mind on anything, but the fact that she was back in Max’s arms. ‘Okay Parker, we can do this. Just got to focus on something, um there are tables I have to clean up. I have to clean the milkshake machine, and I have to wash all those strawberries for the cake. Strawberries. Strawberries. Strawberries on the floor.’ The dishpan that had been between them the whole time falls from her lifeless fingers onto the floor as she remembers the smell of strawberries and Max kissing her.

Hearing the dishes crash to the floor broke the spell that Max had woven around her and she pulled away from him. She bent down to the floor to pick up the dishes, and he leaned down to help her. “Max, what’s gotten into you? You just can’t walk in here and kiss me anymore. I’m sorry, but we’re not together anymore.” He didn’t say anything and continued to help her put the dishes into the pan. Grabbing the pan away from her despite her protests he sat it on the table behind her and reached down to help her up.

“Max, are you listening to me,” she asked frustrated that he was determine to get back together when it all it did was break her heart and his more.

“Yes I heard you, but I’m not listening until you tell me the truth,” he crossed his arms and stared at her.

She stared at him shock at his rebellion. ‘Oh great now he wants to get all rebellious on me.’ Determine to ignore him, she moved to the next table and picked up the glass and froze.

Max seeing that she was standing still and looking pale, called her name. She continued to stare at the glass and started breathing rapidly. “Liz! Liz! What’s wrong,” he asked in concern. Seeing the way she was staring at the glass he reached to take it away and froze at the hate and something more powerful that had to be hate hit him. Gasping for breath, he grew pale at the images that flashed before him. Death. More death and destruction danced in front of him. He knocked the glass out of her hand and took a deep breath. “Are you okay,” he asked her.

She turned glassy eyes at him and said eerily, “I only made it worst.”

He stared at her not sure what she meant and gathered her up in his arms all the while ignoring the customers and called for Maria as he headed towards the break room.

Granolith Chamber

“Valenti,” she whispered.

He lifted his head and stared at the girl in his arms. “Serena! Thank Buddha you’re alright.”

“Valenti, I think you’re going have to do this on your own.”

“What are you talking about,” he asked her but she didn’t say anything more and he felt her heart slow down. “Serena?! Serena, what are you doing? You can’t die now! I need your help.” He kept calling her name and shook her, but she didn’t wake back up. Gathering her close he closed his eyes and concentrated on using the one power that he always felt uncomfortable with. As they started disappearing his last thought was, “Oh yeah Iz is so going to kill me when she finds out that I’m going to go see El Presidente.”

TBC
Last edited by vegas312 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Author: vegas312 and biged1984

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don’t sue me although I seriously wouldn’t mind owning Colin Hanks.

Rating: Mature for violence and language

Coupling: All CC

Summary: Post Graduation. Based on a challenge by Katchin Lee. It’s 2014 again and the end of the world has come again. What if Future Max had been right? What if the gang’s worst enemy was the only one who could saved them all?

AN: I’m finally getting back to this fic after almost a year since the last update, but I’m back and hopefully I’ll be able to update at least once a week until this gets completed. No promises, and I’m sorry if this chapter sucks as it’s been months since I last updated this story.

The song used below is “Goodbye My Lover” by James Blunt and copyright infringement is not intended so yeah please don’t sue me.

Chapter 6

“Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there”

Kyle stood staring out at the fading lights of Tess’ SUV, and he clinched his jaw as he felt pain, anger, and mostly guilty at Tess running away. Running his fingers through his hair, he sat down heavily on the steps on the porch. “I hope I didn’t scare her off. It was probably too early to make a move on her. Valenti what were you thinking? God, for all I know she really does think of me as her brother.” He flinched at the new thought and laid his head on his knees as he tried to figure out when everything had gone wrong, or maybe what was wrong with him that he scared off every woman who had mattered to him.

“I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when

First his mother, then Liz, and now Tess. When his mother had left he had made a promised then that he wouldn’t take a chance and let anyone in. He had kept that promised because he hadn’t let anyone really see him rather all anyone saw was the façade of the clueless jock he had chosen to portray. With Liz he had wanted to let her in, but something had always held him back. Maybe his heart had recognized what his brain hadn’t known that Liz had a long time ago had chosen someone else to give her love to.

Did it make him less worthy that he wasn’t the guy she hadn’t pick? He didn’t know. Sometimes he would say no, and other times he would say yes. The irony that the most popular guy in school didn’t have as much confidence as he showed others had him twisting his mouth up in a bitter smile. When he finally realized that Liz wasn’t going to be with him, he had moved on even more determine to not bring down his walls and not let anyone see the real him. The joke was on him because all the while he had been protecting himself from a strong attack, a short Martian had slowly penetrated the walls surrounding him and he became more of the man he wanted to be. He found that he wanted to be strong for her and take care of her, and he wanted to give her the love that she desperately wanted. He wanted to be her one love.

“But she doesn’t want my love. She wants Evans,” the words hung in the night air and sat in his mouth like sour milk. “No one will ever love me.”

His soul heavy he stayed where he sat and lifted his head to stare at the stars that seemed to be shining a little brighter and wondered for what would become a mantra for the rest of the night where Tess had gone in such a hurry.

“My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your head.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.”

She sat in her car weeping for all that had been lost not paying attention to any of the cars that drove around her blowing their horns that she move her car. She didn’t care what others wanted her to do at the moment. God she was so sick of doing what others expected of her. She just wanted to turn her car around and go back to her favorite human. She wanted to forget about destiny and all it entailed and just be like everyone else. She wanted to be normal. She wanted to worry about silly things such as the prom and what colleges she would apply to next year. She wanted to be kissed by someone who loved her. Once in her life she wanted to know that someone truly cared for her not because they had to, but because they wanted to. Was it so wrong to want one thing for herself?

Tears gathered in her eyes as she sat up and laid her fingers gently on her lips. She closed her eyes as she remembered the brief touch of what she now deemed to be her first “real kiss.” He had kissed her because he wanted to not because she had mindwarped him, or seduced him. “What am I going to do,” she whispered and nothing but silence greeted her question.

What would she choose? A destiny that had been laid out before her or take the road that was unknown? What was she to do? Could she really let millions of people whose survival depended upon her die just because she wanted to be different? Was there really a choice? Had there ever been a choice? It was nothing more than an illusion, a beautiful illusion but nothing more than that.

Her eyes opened and she stared at herself in the rearview mirror and with a quick hand movement wiped away all traces of tears and all hope that had started to grow.

“Goodbye,” she whispered.

Eyes blank except for a hint of despair that she couldn’t quite hide, she shifted the SUV from park into drive and soon she was off.

“Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me”

“I am a dreamer but when I wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.”

“Maria,” Max called as he carried a silent Liz into the backroom. He wasn’t sure what he had seen and what it meant when he received the flashes from the broken dishes, but a chill had run down his spine from not only the malice and hatred that had come from the dishes, but the look in Liz’s eyes.

Whatever was about to go down it was going to be bad. Really bad. Sitting Liz carefully on the couch he sat next to her and clasped her hand only to feel her flinch and pull away. She moved away and curled into herself not saying anything but rocking back and forth.

“Liz,” he reached out to her only for her to shake her head and scramble further away and resume rocking.

“Max, what the hell is going on,” Maria came running into the backroom. “What’s wrong with Liz, and why is she shaking like that? What the hell did you do to her now?”

Maria knelt on the floor next to Liz and covered her hands over Liz’s. “Sweetie what’s wrong? What’s the matter? Do I have to kick some Czech ass?”

“It’s my entire fault, I only made it worst,” Liz gripped Maria’s hand tightly. “What have I done,” she whispered.

“Liz babe, what are you talking about? What do you mean you made it worst?”

“The fucking end of the world,” she laughed bitterly before letting go of Maria’s hand. “The end of the world as we know it. Funny I made lost everything only to make it worst.”

“Okay now I’m scared. What the hell is she talking about,” Maria turned to Max hoping that at least he could make some sense of Liz’s words.

“I don’t know except when she dropped a cup and we both bent down to pick it up we got flashes and feelings from it. I don’t understand what I was seeing, but the feelings I got from it was so full of hate and…bloodlust if that makes sense,” he sighed and looked sadly at Liz aching to hold her but knowing that she wouldn’t let him. “Maybe we should take her upstairs and let her rest. By the way where’s Michael?”

“I’m right here,” Michael walked through the swinging door while taking his apron off. “I had to check on the customers, well the few customers we have, and make sure Agnes was helping out.” Walking over to the couch he raised an eyebrow as he watched Liz rocking back and forth mumbling to herself. “Okay is this a girl kind of problem, or is this something alien related?”

“Michael Guerin, I can’t believe you said that! No wait I can believe it since you have no taste as can be proven by you thinking skanky Courtney is girlfriend material,” Maria rose from the floor and poked Michael in the chest.

“Ouch! What the hell is your problem? Are you jealous or something,” he crossed his arms and watched her turn an interesting shade of red. “Interesting. I do believe you are jealous,” he smirked at her.

“Jealous? Of your peroxide bimbo? Let me tell you something you egotistical,” Maria started but was interrupted by Max yelling, “Enough!”

“You two can play this odd game of cat and mouse later. Right now we need to take Liz upstairs and figure out what she’s talking about,” Max stood up and reached down to pick up Liz despite her protests and her stiffening in his arms.

‘I remember a time when that wouldn’t have happen,’ he thought trying not to feel hurt about and wondering why he kept coming back to her for more pain. Seeing Liz and Kyle in bed together last night had inflicted as much pain as he could take. He let out a sigh and cleared his mind as he turned towards the stairs and carefully made his way upstairs.

“I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child.
I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true.
I cannot live without you.”

Maria and Michael looked at each other before looking away and following Max upstairs.

“It’s a good thing the Parkers are out of town this weekend otherwise there would be tons of questions,” Maria said quietly before motioning Max out of the way as they reached the top of the stairs. Maria led them down the hallway towards Liz room and hurried to get the bedroom door open. She turned on the light as she moved to the bed and pulled back the covers. Turning around she saw Max pause at the doorway and stare vacantly at the bed. Not sure what was wrong with Max she looked to Michael questioningly who only shrugged that he didn’t know what was up with Max’s odd behavior.

“Maxwell, you can sit Liz down on the bed now,” Michael cleared his throat to catch his friend’s attention.

“Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.”

Max gave a small nod to let him know that he had heard his friend and he slowly moved towards the bed. Finally reaching the edge of the bed, he gently laid Liz down on the bed and as his hand came in contact with the spread he got a flash of Liz and Kyle in bed together laughing. Pain filled him as he saw again the unthinkable, the love of his life in bed with her ex-boyfriend. Jealously, rage, and hurt fought for control of him, as the image seemed to replay itself over and over again.

Breathing harshly he suddenly pulled his hand away and stumbled back. He looked up to see Liz lying on the bed staring at him with tear filled eyes. “I’m sorry,” she whispered breaking the silence. “I had no choice.”

“No choice? No choice?! There’s always a choice,” Max told her harshly before closing his eyes. “Why? Just tell me why.”

Maria and Michael stood quietly not sure what the hell was going on. Apparently they had missed something between their friends something important that’s for sure.

“I’m sorry,” she said again.

Before Max could reply a bright light filled the room and everyone turned towards the window to see a glowing blue light in front of them. Max stood up and Michael moved next to him, both with their hands out in front of them ready to face whatever new threat was in front of them.

The blue light dimmed and two figures stood well one guy carrying a woman. Everyone looked in shock as the guy raised his head and blue eyes stared back. “Hey guys,” he gave them a small smile. “I kind of need your help, well Max’s help anyway.”

“Kyle? What the hell happened to you, and who’s the chick you’re carrying? And what the hell are you wearing,” Michael looked curiously and suspiciously at the guy who looked like Kyle Valenti but older.

“He has to be some kind of shapeshifter,” Max’s hand started glowing.

“Gee El Presidente I never thought of you as the trigger happy one in the group, but then again you proved me wrong about a lot of things,” Kyle smirked at him. Seeing that the joke hadn’t gone off as well as he thought he looked worriedly at Serena who was still unconscious. “Look I’m not a shapeshifter or anything. This is going to sound cheesy as hell, but I’m Kyle and I’m from fourteen years in the future.”

“Yeah that is a cheesy story and unlikely,” Michael snorted in disbelief. “Do you seriously expect us to believe that?”

“Look I don’t care if you don’t believe me, but I need you to help my friend here. She’s dying and that can’t happen,” Kyle started to move forward but stopped as Michael’s hand started to glow.

“Who is she,” Liz spoke up quietly.

Kyle answered without taking his eyes off the two hybrids in front of him, “She’s Serena White. Well if she was conscious I’m sure she would say she’s Lt. Serena White.”

“Serena? She’s Serena,” Liz moved quickly off the bed and waved off Max and Maria’s hands. “If you’re Kyle, then tell me what happened yesterday.”

“I really don’t have time for twenty questions, but to give you a quick recap you got a visitor from the future, pretended to sleep with present me, tried to throw Tess and Max together, Alex punched Michael there in the jaw when he caught him over Courtney’s house.” Everyone looked at him in shock except for Liz who closed her eyes in pain. “Are you going to help me El Presidente or what?”

“Valenti, you’re being really rude even for you,” a voice whispered. Kyle looked down at the girl in his arms who was now conscious and staring at him with a frown. “And if you’re thinking of hugging me then think again because I still have enough strength left to kick your ass.”

“Serena, you’re still alive.”

“Well damn how can a girl die when you’re making all this noise and weeping all over me. I wish I could have taken a picture of it to remember,” she teased. Suddenly she started coughing and gasping for air.

“Serena?! No, you’re not going to die on me,” he yelled at her before turning to Max to demand, “are you going to help me or what?”

Max stared at the guy claiming to be from the future and the woman who was obviously harmed not sure what to do. “How do I know this isn’t a trap or something?”

“Because he’s right about me having a future visitor, and you have to save the girl in his arms because she’s the only one who knows how to use the Granolith,” Liz told him.

“What? What are you talking about,” Max demanded.

“Now isn’t the time Max. Please you have to help her,” she pleaded. “I’ll tell you the whole truth after you help her”

Max stared at her before giving a small nod and hurrying over to Serena. He motioned to Kyle to sit her down so he could start healing her. Everyone watched as Max tried to make a connection to her and after a few attempts Max moved his hands away and stared sadly at the girl before him.

“I can’t make a connection with her. Something is blocking me from getting in. Maybe if Tess was here she would be able to get in,” Max told them.

“No! Tess can’t know we’re here otherwise things will end badly quick if it hasn’t already,” Kyle stared at everyone before looking down at Serena. “Isabel can get through the mental block.”

“Maybe, but we still have to get her over here then explain the whole future crap to her which I’m not even sure I understand,” Michael grimaced.

“No you don’t. Isabel already knows I’m here,” Kyle told them quietly. “She’s the reason why I’m here or rather Future Isabel is the reason why I’m here now.”

“Future Isabel? Hell now I’m even more confused than I was to begin with,” Maria muttered.

“It’s a long story and I mean long, but right now we need Isabel.”

TBC
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Author: vegas312

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so yeah please don't sue me.

Summary: Based on a challenge. For a more detailed summary please read the previous chapters.

AN: This part is a bit short and I apologize for that but this is what I guess they call a transitional part. (lol) Song below is "This is Your Life" by Switchfoot which I do not own so yeah please don’t sue me. If you've never heard of Switchfoot then you should definitely check them out. Thanks so much for the feedback and a couple of people asked whether Tess is leaving town or not, all I can say is go back and reread chapter five. I believe it's the chapter when she's dancing with Kyle and pay close attention to why she stopped dancing with him. Let's just say Khivar has been a busy fellow. Thanks again for the feedback and sticking with this story. Oh yeah let me know if the usage of songs is becoming annoying.

Happy reading!

Chapter Seven

"Okay let me see if I understood you correctly. You're Kyle but from the Future, and yesterday there was a Max from the Future here, and somewhere along the way there was a Future Isabel too," Maria raised her eyebrow at Kyle.

"Something like that. Now can we get back to helping out Serena here before she oh I don't know dies," Kyle spit the words out angry that no one was making a move to help him but kept asking questions. He could understand that they had questions and truth be told he would have done the same thing if the situation was reverse, but he didn't have time to explain everything when his friend's life hung in the balance. "Look for the millionth time I'll explain everything later, but can someone please call Isabel so she can hurry over here as soon as possible."

Max looked up from where he sat next to Serena still trying to figure out why he couldn't get past her mental blocks. Hearing Kyle asking about Isabel he replied, "Even if we do reach Isabel there might not be enough time to reach her since she's out stargazing with Alex in Fraiser Woods, and we have no clue how far into the woods they've gone. The best thing to do would be to call Tess and get her to come over and help us since she can get here faster."

"NO!" Kyle shouted and started pacing. "Look no one is to call Tess at all okay?" He looked each of his friends in the eye until they all nodded even if they were confused at his attitude to calling Tess.

"Is there a reason we can't call Tess," Michael narrowed his eyes. "Is she the reason you're here in the past? Did she betray us or something?"

"Oh goodie! Give the man a cookie for finally realizing that Tess is evil and out to destroy us all," Maria mockingly clapped her hands.

"Maria," Michael opened his mouth but was interrupted by a blast speeding past him.

Everyone turned to stare out in Kyle in disbelief. "Oh good now that I have your attention. Maybe I should start off all conversations with a blast and save the manners for another day. Look don't worry about what Tess might have done or is planning to do. Right now let's just say it's in all of our best interest that she doesn't know that I'm here okay." He turned to Max and asked, "Isabel is in Fraiser Woods right?"

"Yeah, but how are you," Max started but stopped when Kyle closed his eyes and was covered in a white light before disappearing.

"Okay I generally try not to completely freak out with the whole Czechoslovakia thing, but this is too much. What the hell just happened to Kyle and where did he go," Maria started digging through her apron's pocket. "Oh why, oh why did I decide to give up Cedar Oil this week? You would think that I would know better than to give up Cedar Oil when hanging around all of you. If it's not killer aliens out to get us, then it's secret government organizations out get us, and now to add to this list is visitors from the future."

By this time Maria had started yelling as she continued to search frantically through her apron. Liz seeing that her friend was starting to hyperventilate, she grabbed hold of Maria's arm and led her to the bed and the two sat holding onto each other tightly as Liz instructed to Maria to take a deep breath and calm down.

"It's going to be okay Maria. Kyle or Future Kyle probably went to get Isabel since he seemed to have the power to transport from place to place," Liz rubbed Maria's back in small circles.

Michael watched the two girls comfort each other for a minute not sure what to do before turning away to see Max healing some of the bruises around Serena's face.

"Maxwell, maybe you should wait until Valenti get back with Isabel before trying to heal her again. For all we know she could be some evil shapeshifter or something, and she's brainwashing Valenti."

"No, if she was a shapeshifter then she would have reverted back to her true form like Nacedo did when the Secret Unit shot him. Besides it doesn't take much energy to heal the bruises although I would like to know how she came about them. Come to think about both her and Valenti look like they have been in some kind of fight although she's more injured then he is." Max moved his glowing hands back and forth over Serena's body healing bruises and cuts as he kept an eye on her breathing and continually checked her pulse. "So far she's still holding on, but I don't know how much longer she'll keep holding on. I hope Kyle or whoever the hell he is comes back soon with Isabel."

"You don't think its Valenti?" Michael spoke in a hush tone and looked back to make sure the girls weren't paying them any attention. "You think he's a shapeshifter or a skin?"

"I don't know. I don't feel that he's evil or anything, but you can never be sure. I wish I could get through these mental blocks so I can connect with her and help," Max went back to looking for more bruises. "Still it won't hurt to keep our eyes on him just to make sure he's who he say he is."

"Gotcha," Michael glanced back at the girls again as he took in Maria waving her hands around while Liz was trying to comfort her. His eyes focused on Maria when he spoke so softly Max almost didn't hear him, "We can't afford to have anyone else hurt because of us."

Hearing Michael's tone, Max looked up to see Michael staring at Maria and knew that his friend was thinking back to the time when he had killed Pierce. Not sure what to say to reassure his friend and knowing that if he did say something Michael would just shutdown and pretend nothing was wrong, Max turned to stare at Liz who was as always at the center of his thoughts and knew that she was the key to understanding what exactly was happening. He wanted to demand, beg, bully, whatever it took to get the answers now that he knew that she was ready to spill her secrets, but he knew that he wouldn't get anywhere until everything settled down. Something bad was going on and it had to be pretty bad if future versions of the group were traveling back in time to change everything.

'Something really bad,' a chill danced across his spine as the images of darkness and destruction replayed in his mind as he thought back to picking up the broken dishes with Liz. Looking down at the unconscious form before him he could only think, 'I hope Kyle gets back here soon.'

Fraiser's Woods

Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead
yesterday is a promise that you've broken
don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes
this is your life and today is all you've got now
yeah, and today is all you'll ever have
don't close your eyes
don't close your eyes

Isabel snuggled closer to Alex as he continued singing. She smiled to herself as she thought of how he had been shy in playing another song, but after many compliments he had gotten into the spirit of it and was now on his third song of the night.

They had originally come out to stargaze, but she wouldn't trade listening to him sing for anything in the world besides they were still stargazing in a way at least.

This is your life, are you who you want to be
this is your life, are you who you want to be
this is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
when the world was younger and you had everything to lose

'In the future I wouldn't have been out here with him like this. I wouldn't have had this memory of the two of us sitting out here as he sing and I listen. What memories did I, did she have to comfort when he was gone,' she stared blankly at the night sky as she thought of a future without Alex being around. 'Would I even have known or acknowledge how important he is to me before it was too late? If Kyle hadn't come back from the future then I would have continued with pushing him away,' her vision blurred as she thought of the future that would have happened and could still happened.

Yesterday is a kid in the corner
yesterday is dead and over

this is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
when the world was younger and you had everything to lose

Unconsciously she tightened her grip on Alex's arm as she thought of still losing him to some unknown enemy. 'It seems no matter what life this I always end up hurting those who are close to me. No matter what I do someone is always going to get hurt.'

Alex feeling Isabel's grip tighten on him he stopped singing and sat his guitar next to him. Turning around he stared down at her bent head and stared down at her for a moment before kissing her gently on the head.

Feeling the light touch on her head she looked up to stare in his dark blue eyes and suddenly threw her arms around him in a hug. Startled at this he hesitated for a second before hugging her back. "Isabel, what's wrong? Are you okay? Do you want to go home now? If it's my singing then I promise I can stop. Maybe Maria is right that I'm a bit off key sometimes, but honestly I didn't think it was that bad." He rambled on as he tried to think of something to cheer her up. He wasn't sure what he did to cause this reaction, but whatever was wrong he just knew that he wanted to make it okay. "It's going to be okay Isabel. Whatever is the matter I promise it's going to be okay."

"Alex, will you promise me something," she mumbled against his chest.

"Sure. Anything you want. I'll even let you play the guitar if you want. And let me tell you a bass guitarist is really protective of his guitar so it's a special honor to let someone play it," he joked.

He smiled as he felt her laugh and waited for her to ask her question. A few seconds went by as he waited for her to ask her question. He stared down at her for a moment before looking up at the stars. He knew the question had to be an important one if she was taking her time to ask him. 'Well either that or she's fallen asleep,' he silently chuckled. 'With my luck she probably fell asleep.'

"Alex," she interrupted his thoughts.

"Yes Iz?"

"Alex, I want you to promise me that…" she started only for a bright light to fill the clearing before them.

Isabel moved out of Alex's arms and made a move to stand in front of him. Holding her hand out she motioned for Alex to get behind her only for him to ease her behind him. Ready to push him out of the way the light disappeared and she looked to see Future Kyle in front of her and knew with a sinking heart that something must have happened for him to have track her down.

"Iz, we're out of time," Kyle told her.

TBC
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don't sue me, as all I own is a stack of books and a broken computer.

Summary: Based on a challenge. See previous chapters for more details.

AN: Thanks so much for the feedback and yeah this part is a bit longer than the last chapter. And to answer a few questions yes this fic is CC all the way (lol) so no worries on that front and as to what Isabel wanted to ask Alex you're just going have to wait and see.

I'm sure a few of you will probably be ready to scream at me, but I'm switching the focus for a bit. We'll get back to the gang in the next part, which I'm hoping to post soon as the muse seems be focusing on this story alone. Oh yeah as for Almost Perfect I'll be updating that soon hopefully sometime this weekend so be on the lookout. One of the lines below doesn't belong to me and dang if I can remember which eppy it came from, but yeah it's not mine although it's one of my favorites.

AN2: Song below is "What's Left Of Me" by Nick Lachey, which I do not own so please don't sue me. I'm not sure if I like the song selection for this part, but the muse seemed to thrive while listening to it so who knows. Happy reading!

Chapter Eight

'Watch my life
Pass me by
In the rear view mirror
Pictures frozen in time
Are becoming clearer
I don’t wanna waste another day
Stuck in the shadow of my mistakes

'Yeah
Cause I want you And I feel you
Crawling underneath my skin
Like a hunger like a burning
To find a place I’ve never been
Now I’m broken and I’m fading
I’m half the man I thought I would be
But you can have what’s left of me'

Meanwhile…

She drove into the desert with only the stars guiding her along the dark. Coming before a familiar place she looked at the rock formation before stopping the SUV and with quick work she parked and turned it off. Opening the truck's door she stepped out into the frigid cold night and shivered as she felt a chill try to sink into her bones. She rubbed her arms to waive off the chills as she looked around for the person who would either be her salvation or downfall.

How he had gotten here so soon puzzled her. Her people had long knew of the secrets to traveling light years away, but even with the fastest ship there was no way Khivar could have arrived so soon. It would take years before a ship could reach the Earth despite all the myths on sci-fi shows and movies that showed aliens arriving in only a matter of hours. 'If only they knew how wrong they got it although I must admit it is highly entertaining to see what writers come up with,' she giggled to herself. 'And Kyle takes so much joy in showing me every single cheesy sci-fi movie he can find. I would love to know what the person who wrote that movie about a cat from outer space was on when he or she wrote it,' she giggled again as she remember Kyle asking whether there's cats in outer space.

"Oh Kyle, what am I going to do without you," she whispered out loud and raised a shaky hand to touch her lips. Leaning back against the truck's door she thought back to earlier to the kiss. The kiss that had changed everything for her and had changed everything between the two of them. "I wish, I wish things were different," she muttered before stepping away from the truck. "I really do."

"That's good to know, but didn't anyone ever teach you that wishes are for the weak and only strength and might are for the strong," a voice broke the silence of the night as Tess watched a tall man move out of the shadows into her vision. "It is good to see you Ava."

"Khivar," she cleared her throat to get past the shock of him coming out of nowhere. Her mind raced frantically as she tried to calculate how long he had been out there watching her.

"What, no kind words or gestures for me? How forgetful of you Cousin," he smiled darkly at her as she moved uncomfortably under his gaze. "Did you forget that we're related Ava, or are you hoping that you can wish away our connection? Why I do believe that my feelings are hurt," he moved to stand in front of her noticing with pleasure how she kept moving away.

"No, I didn't forget that we're related and I no longer go by the name Ava here. My name is Tess," she grew angry as she recognized what he was doing. Glaring at him she stopped moving and looked up to meet cold blue eyes that stared back at her. She tried not to shiver as she felt more chills dance down her spine, as everything in her seemed to be screaming to move away from him.

Dark blue eyes and crystal blue eyes dueled silently for domination as each continued to outstare the other into looking away. A mild look of respect passed across Khivar's face before he stepped away and mockingly bowed at her. "Whatever you wish my Queen. It would seem you're not as timid as you once were Cousin, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. So you go by the name Tess now do you? What a very common name your protector chose for you, but then again he was rather common himself. And you were raised by him…hmm I wonder if you have become common as well." He frowned as if the very thought of being common was unknown to him.

"How dare you? I am still Queen of Antar despite being stranded here. You forget to whom you speak," she clenched her fists as she barely restrained herself from lashing out at him. The only thing that held her back was that she remember that one doesn't poke a sleeping tiger and the alien in front of her, for surely he was no human, was more powerful than he let on to those around him. She remembered well what her cousin was like when she had been Ava and those memories weren't quite pleasant.

"No, I think you've forgotten to whom you speak," his voice when he spoke was quiet but held much malice as he once again moved in front of her. Leaning forward he placed both of his hands on the truck thus trapping Tess in an uncomfortable embrace. "Don't forget that I know all your secrets, and if it wasn't for me you would not be Queen of Antar. You came to me wanting that fool Zan and I gave him to you, so let's not pretend my dear that you gain that title on your own."

"What do you want Khivar? And why did you call me here?" She lifted her head up and met his stare again not daring to show how scare she was of him and what he might do. He lived on fear and she would not give him the pleasure of showing her fear.

"What do I want you ask? Oh the same things I always want. I want what should have been mine by right, but as the fates decided to not grant me that right I took it by force. Here stands before you the King of Antar and I seek to remain so," he moved away slowly like a snake slithering away yet remaining aware of its prey as it prepared for an attack.

"Again I ask what you want? You're King of Antar and whatever planets you since have long conquer so what are you doing here," she crossed her arms and ran her fingers slowly up her arms to grab any heat she could.

"Destiny, Cousin, is why I'm here. Our planet is in turmoil as politics and lunatics run amok and try to revolt against my rule. Apparently there are still some people who believe that the oh mighty Zan will come back and save them. Strange how they have forgotten what a complete incompetent ruler he was, but no they make him out to be a martyr for their cause. Why am I here you ask? Simple to hold you to your oath that protect Antar and its people at all costs, and that day has come once again."

"My oath?! I gave you the throne of Antar at the expense of my family so that you could make Antar a safe place. You came to me and told me that the people were unhappy with Zan as a leader and that a revolution threatened to tear our world apart if he didn't step down as leader. You have had your chance to prove yourself, and it is not my fault if you have failed," her voice shook a bit as she thought of her other life. She hadn't told the others that she remembered a lot more than she had let on, but as they had already treated her with suspicion she would not tell them more and have them revert back to treating her as an outsider. Nacedo was dead, and now her relationship with Kyle was more than likely damage. She would not lose the others as well, she couldn't go back to being by herself, and she wouldn't.

He watched various emotions dance across her face and knew that deep down inside she was still the gullible Ava even though it seemed in this new persona that she was a bit more stubborn and not so cowardly. Still he knew her, he had made a study of observing all those around him when he was younger and he knew that her weakness had been a need for family as her parents had ignored her. Now would be the same, as he knew that her uprising in this life with her protector had been the same and again her weakness was to desperately seek to be part of a family.

'It seems that life no matter where you're born has a way of being circular and repeating itself,' he mused silently to himself. A smile rose on his lips but moved no further as cold eyes assessed her before he spoke. "You know maybe you're right that I've been a poor ruler, but you know there's something you can do to fix that. You can uphold the promises that double crossing protector of yours and come back to Antar as the rightful Queen." Seeing that she was getting ready to speak he shook his head at her to stop her from interrupting. "You must come back as Queen to make everything right, but you must bring with you Zan's heir and the Granolith as that's the only way to settle the chaos that our world is slipping into."

"There has to be another way," she felt the color seeping from her face and knew that if she looked into a mirror her face would be as pale as the moon that shone in the night sky.

Khivar looked at her with a smirk and took pleasure in answering her. "I'm afraid not. Your duty calls for you, my Queen. You know what you must do. You wanted to be Queen and you are, and with that comes the duty of caring for millions. Your decision will affect millions of people who need you otherwise our world will fall into complete anarchy. You are needed and what Antar needs. Think about it, and I will be watching you waiting for your answer. You have forty eight hours to make your decision."

"Forty eight hours? That's not enough time to do anything," she pushed her hair out of her face as she tried to really understand what he was saying.

"I'm sure you won't have any problems in getting your mission done. Besides you seduced Zan once so again shouldn't be a problem for one as endow as you," he traced a finger down her cheek and smiled when he felt her flinch away. "I'll see you later Cousin, and I do hope you report back to me with good news." He turned away and started walking back into the desert.

"Wait!"

He stopped and quirked an eyebrow at her, "yes?"

"Where are you going," she asked hoping that he wouldn't do anything rash while waiting for her to complete her mission.

"Oh I got some old friends to visit, and a couple of humans who have arose my curiosity as they can't seem to stay out of my business."

"Humans? What humans," she asked hoping that he wasn't talking about the Valentis, or the others in their circle.

"Oh I'm just going to talk to a guy about where I can buy some leather pants like his," he grinned at the inside joke and privately add that he would be taking the leather pants off the dead human.

"Um okay, I'll see you later then." She didn't have any clue as to what he was talking about, but the look on his face told her that he wasn't on planning to have a nice visit with the person. She watched as he mockingly saluted her before walking away. She continued to watch him until she couldn't even see his dark silhouette on the desert floor. Moving quickly she hurried back into the truck and locked the doors as she started the truck up and threw the driving gear into drive.

Pieces of the conversation came back to her as she drove back to Roswell and to a destiny that she did not want, but was nevertheless burden with.

"Forty eight hours," she muttered out loud hoping to shattered the utter stillness and quiet. "I have no choice. I can't let all those people down and let them suffer the consequences of chaos that's sure to happen if Khivar is overthrown. They're better with the devil they know then the devil they don't know. Plus I'll be there to make sure everything goes smoothly and it won't be so bad since I won't be alone. I'll have Max's son with me just like I always dreamed of having ever since I came out of the pod. Destiny is within my grasp and besides there's nothing to keep me here anywhere. I don't belong here."

'You're my favorite Martian.'

The words seemed to dance in the air reminding her that just maybe she had found a place to belong and it wasn't in the stars.

'I was wondering if you could teach me how to dance as there's this girl I want to take out dancing.'

'Actually that hot mama would be you.'

"No, it's not meant to be," her voice shook as she continued to drive. "It's not meant to be."

Valenti's home

'And I want you and I feel you
Crawling underneath my skin
Like a hunger like a burning
To find a place I’ve never been
Now I’m broken and I’m fading
I’m half the man I thought I would be
But you can have what’s left of me

Falling faster
Barely breathing
Give me something to believe in
Tell me it’s not all in my head

Take what’s left of this man
Make me whole once again'

A dark SUV pulled into the driveway and soon the headlights flashed before turning off as the occupant of the car stepped out. A pair of worn cowboy boots hit the pavement and started the walk towards the house. The man stopped at the sight before him of one teenage boy sleeping on the steps curled up as to ward away the cold night air. Pulling his hat off his head, he leaned down as worried blue eyes looked over the young man. "Kyle, son, wake up," Jim Valenti reached out and shook his son gently not wanting to completely startled him.

Kyle let out a small snore and curled up even tighter into a small ball. Jim took in the sight of his only child snoring and let out a small chuckle. "Well at least I can honestly say I know where my son is tonight. Now as to why he's sleeping on our porch I have no clue, but knowing him he probably got Tess angry and is now hiding out on the porch to make amends." Chuckling some more he leaned back down and shook Kyle once again this time using a bit more force to jar him awake. "Kyle, wake up soon. Kyle!"

"Dad," Kyle muttered sleepy as he opened his eyes to see his dad grinning at him. Feeling the cold air he sat up with a yawn and groan at the stiffness of his body. "How long have I been asleep out here?"

"I don't know son. I just got home and found you like this. I figured I better wake you up before the neighbors starting calling me," Jim sat down and took off his jacket when he noticed Kyle shivering. Handing him the jacket he twirled his hat on his finger as he stared out into the dark streets. "So you want to tell me what you did for you to end up sleeping on our porch? Did you make fun of Tess again?"

Kyle stiffened beside his father as remembered what had happened earlier. "No, I didn't make fun of her again. I think that would have been better than what actually happened."

Jim turned to look at his son as he heard the bitterness of Kyle's words. Not sure what had happened between his son and Tess, he carefully choose his words. "Well I'm sure whatever happened between the two of you can be worked out. Whenever the two of you argue, both of you usually end up apologizing so I'm sure everything will be back to normal in a day or two."

Kyle nodded not wanting to bring up what had happened, but knowing deep down inside that what had happened between Tess and him wasn't something that could quickly be brushed aside or apologized for. He looked at his dad and for a second really looked at the man beside him and realized that all his life his dad had been trying to make things right for him even when he really didn't have time to do much else. He never really thought of his dad much these days as the alien abyss seemed to suck them all in it's tangled web, but he remembered all the times when things had gone wrong that his dad had been there to help him back up.

"Hey dad?"

"Yeah son?"

"Thanks."

Jim looked to see his son looking up at the stars and wondered where this conversation was going. Feeling a burst of pride at the young man beside him, he quickly said a prayer that he would continue to see him grow into the man he one day promised to be.

"You're welcome son. You're welcome."

Kyle nodded and continued to look at the stars, and Jim nodded before looking back at the stars as well.

TBC
Last edited by vegas312 on Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don't sue me as I have no delusions of grandeur that I own this.

Summary: Please look at the previous chapter for a more detailed summary.

AN: Special thanks to jbangelo, my very cool beta for getting this back to me. Thanks sweetie. Also thanks to everyone that left feedback and hello to all my lurkers out there.

Chapter 9

Back to the woods

"Isabel, we're out of the time," Future Kyle told her.

"Um, Kyle, what the hell?" Alex stared at him in confusion as he took in the all leather look and the short buzz cut. 'Was there a sale at the mall on leather or something?' Looking closer he noticed some of the scars covering Kyle's arms and how there were deep lines around Kyle's eyes. Lines that Kyle shouldn't be having at sixteen years old. Maybe he had been too hasty in thinking that this guy was Kyle. "Isabel, maybe you should head to the car," he whispered to her. "I don't think this guy is our Kyle Valenti."

She smiled sadly at him knowing that the truth was about to be released and that Alex's reaction might not be so pretty. 'Then again he took us being alien hybrids pretty well,' she thought to herself. 'No, wait, he thought we were all on drugs. Oh God. Why is this happening now?' Noticing that Kyle was still waiting for her to say something and Alex was still looking back at Kyle in confusion, she sighed before moving from behind Alex.

"Isabel, wait," Alex started but stopped when Isabel shook her head at him.

"It's okay, Alex. This is Kyle, but not our Kyle. Okay did that sound as confusing as I think it sounded? Alright let me try this again. This guy standing before us is Kyle from fourteen years in the future."

"Right, what she said. Um, we're going have to go now," Kyle said impatiently.

"Whoa! Time out for those of us who are a bit challenged when it comes to the alien abyss. Let me see if I got this straight. He's from fourteen years in the future? Like the future future." Alex scrunched his forehead while trying to take everything in.

"Yes," both Kyle and Isabel answered.

"Okay let's say that he is from the future. How did you know he was from the future?"

"Um, well…" Isabel searched for the words that would explain the situation.

Before she could say anything else, Kyle let out a loud sound of annoyance. "Can we do the twenty questions later? I need your help in saving Serena since the other Evans is having a hard time connecting with her," he addressed the last comment to Isabel.

"Serena? You mean Serena from the future? How did she get here? And what do you mean the other Evans? Max knows you're here too? Oh I'm never going to hear the end of this from him," she groaned, knowing that her brother would more than likely try to lecture her about keeping secrets.

"Sorry, but the situation called for Max's powers and now we need yours. Now we really need to go." He stretched his hands out. "We're really running out of time to heal her, and she's probably the only one that can tell us what Khivar looks like at the moment."

Isabel sighed and grabbed his hand. Turning around she stretched her hand out to Alex who was staring at her and Kyle's joined hands. "Alex? Are you coming?"

"I guess so. Who knows, maybe someone can explain to me what's going on." He took hold of Isabel's hand. She looked at him worriedly. She wasn't sure what was wrong with him, but now wasn't the time to ask. Squeezing his hand tight she nodded at Kyle to do his thing. "I hope no one steals our stuff while we're gone. No wait, I take that back, I hope this ride doesn't make me sick."

Kyle let out a small chuckle before closing his eyes and concentrating. A second later a white light engulfed them and they disappeared.

Driving aimlessly she finally turned the SUV onto the street she wanted. Seeing the Cruiser in the driveway she parked on the side of the street. With a sigh she turned off the SUV and unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out. Slamming the door she turned on the alarm before walking up the driveway. She came to a stop when she saw two of the most important guys in her life sitting there staring at the stars. Not sure what was going on she moved hurriedly up the driveway and stopped when she reached them. Kyle looked away from the night sky when he felt a familiar presence and let out a breath of relief that she had come back.

"What's going on, guys? Are you waiting for E.T. to come and abduct you?" she teased and gave them a small smile.

"E.T. can abduct me all he wants if he doesn't mind working my shift tomorrow," Jim stood up with a groan. "I'm going to go find my bed and I'll see both of you in the morning. Don't stay out too late." He patted Kyle on the shoulder before walking into the house.

The slam of the screen door was the only sound as Tess shifted nervously and played with a strand of her hair. Kyle glanced at her out of the side of his eyes trying to gauge her attitude. He didn't want to end the night on a bad note, but what had happened earlier was still between them.

Tess climbed the steps and started towards the door when Kyle softly calling her name stopped her in her tracks. Turning slowly around she found him standing closely behind her. She wasn't sure when he had gotten up, but she knew that she couldn't be this close to him without her resolve weakening. Moving away from him she spoke quickly, not wanting to be out there with him alone any more than she had too.

"Kyle, whatever happened earlier doesn't matter. We just had a small kiss, that's all. A lot of friends exchange kisses every now and then I'm sure. It was just a kiss between friends and it meant nothing."

"It mattered to me," he said softly.

"Kyle," she started but stopped when he spoke again.

"There is not much that I want in this world, but when I look at you I want. For the first time in my life I want to be in a relationship. A happily ever after relationship. I want that with you." His voice that had been steady until then broke as he whispered the rest so low that she had to lean forward to hear him.

"How can you want me? You don't know me. You don't know where I come from." She bit her lip and turned away so he wouldn't see the tears that threatened to spill.

"It doesn't matter who you used to be. What matters now is the person you are now. You're the person I want to be with. You're the person I imagine when I think of my future. I choose you." He turned her around slowly and tried to get her to look at him. "I want you, Tess Harding."

"I…I…I can't be with you." She moved out of his embrace and looked away.

He felt his heart skip a beat before he took a breath and moved behind her. "Why? I don't understand."

"I have a…" She swallowed before continuing. "I have a destiny and my destiny includes Max, not you."

Silence met her statement and only his breathing could be heard.

"Destiny, huh? I thought you were over that. If that's your choice then I'll respect it." His hand hovered over her shoulder before he pulled it away and curled it in a fist at his side. "Is that what you really want?"

"Yes, Kyle, that's what I want." She crossed her arms to fight the cold that seemed to come from nowhere.

"Okay, Tess, I'll leave you alone then." He looked at her one final time before turning and entering the house.

The slam of the screen door made her flinch but she stood in her spot with her head bowed as tears slipped from her eyes. She had a destiny whether she liked it or not and that destiny didn't include Kyle Valenti no matter how much she wanted it to. Raising a shaky hand to her eyes she wiped the tears away and tried to push all thoughts of Kyle away. She had plans to make if she wanted to meet the forty-eight hour deadline, but there was still the problem of how she was going to get back to home.

'Home. What is home? I'm going to a place that I have scattered memories of.' She smiled sadly. "At least I'm wanted there and can finally do some good for once in my life. I'll finally have some kind of meaning. Still, how am I going to get home?" She knew the Granolith could get her there, but she had no clue how to operate it. The only instructions for the Granolith were coded in the Destiny book and none of them knew how to decode it. "Who can help me decode the Destiny book in forty-eight hours? I need a computer genius or something," she muttered and frowned as an idea came to her as to who could help her. "Alex."

She walked slowly towards her apartment while trying not to panic. She wasn't sure what had set off her inner alarm, but she had the feeling she wasn't alone. Any other time she wouldn't have been afraid of some puny human, but something wasn't right as if it was no ordinary human following her.

Feeling as if the threat was closing in she picked up speed and ran, not caring that she had dropped her groceries. Blonde hair was picked up by the wind as she rushed to the safety of her apartment. Making it to the door she automatically started looking for her key in her coat pocket and a moment too late she realized that she could just use her powers to open it. Before she could swipe her hand over the door a figure seemed to come out of the night in a blur and was on before she could react. Whimpering she met cold blue eyes and realized with a shiver that this was no ordinary human indeed.

"Hello, Courtah." His breath blew across her face.

She paled at the use of her Antarian name and knew that she was indeed in trouble, for the only people who knew her name were all in Copper Summit.

"Who are you?" her voice trembled.

"You will not betray me in this life." His eyes glittered as if someone had turned on a light. "I know all about your obsession and theories about who should be the real king," he spit out as disgust crossed his face. "I can't have my subjects revolting against me, now can I?"

Realization as to who this was came to her in a flash and fear like she had never known sunk into her body. "Khivar, I would never betray you."

"Of course you won't since I won't give you the chance to do so." He smiled at her as he tightened his grip on her arms.

A glow emitted from his hands as he trailed his hands down her arms leaving burn marks in their place. She tried to scream but it froze in her mouth as he placed one of his hands on her lips. The pain became too much for her and the last thing she would remember seeing was his smile as she sunk into darkness. Dropping her away from him he dusted his hands off before delivering a swift kick to her prone body. He thought about killing her, but what better way to deliver his message.

'Things are certainly looking good for me.' He walked into the night whistling.

TBC