The Match Up (UC,Mi/L, MATURE) [COMPLETE]

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

The Match Up (UC,Mi/L, MATURE) [COMPLETE]

Post by burningchaos »

Story Title: The Match Up
Author: burningchaos
Pairings/Couples: Michael/Liz
Rating: MATURE
Disclaimer: I own nothing
Summary: Set after EOTW, but Liz told Max the truth. They parted as "friends" and Tess is starting to get along with the gang.
Based on a Challenge by SanityDreamer.

Chapter 1

The Test

“Oh my God! Liz, did you get this test?” Maria shouted as she runs her cedar oil under her nose. “Can you believe this? What if I get some loser or worse… Michael? I mean, we broke up but what if we are perfect for each other? I would freak.”

“Maria, you need to calm down and breathe. Slow deep breaths,” Liz advised calmly, even though she had a similar fear of being matched with Max. He would never go away then and he was just starting to move on.

“But Liz, did you look at these questions?”

“Yes, Maria, I did. And there is no way they will put you with Michael. You have nothing in common.” Liz leaned against her locker, glad the day was over.

Just then Max came over to them holding the dreaded personality test in hand.

“Hey Liz, Maria. I see you got yours too. Who do you think you’ll be matched with?”

“With my luck Michael or Kyle,” Maria replied as they started walking towards the parking lot, still breathing in the cedar oil.

“Maria it’s not that bad, it could be fun.”

“Yeah, sure. You would say that Parker,” Michael remarked as he walked up behind them.

“Hey, Spaceboy.”

“Damn it, Maria. Stop calling me that!” Michael shouted in annoyance, stalking off to Max’s jeep.

“Nice job Maria. That took 2.5 seconds this time.”

“Max, be nice,” Liz warned.

“Oh Maria, I fixed it so you and Michael don’t have to work together for awhile.”

“Thanks Liz,” Maria said gratefully as they got into the Jetta.

“Later, Liz,” Max waved, walking towards Michael and Isabel.

“Bye Max.”

“Can you believe these questions?” Maria ranted to the gang an hour later.

It was slow at The Crashdown today and they were all filling out their tests. Max, Iz, Michael and Tess sat in there booth while Alex, Liz and Kyle were by the counter.

“Yeah,” Tess piped up. “Who cares whether the guy is romantic or not as long as he can hold as conversation up I am in! ?”

“These are really going to match us with our perfect date. They are great questions.”Alex say excitedly, still hoping to be matched to Isabelle.

Everyone nodded in agreement as Maria starts to read off some of the questions.

“What type of music and movies do you like?”

“Where are you more comfortable?”

“Why do you standout?”

“Are you a dating predator or prey?”

Everyone laughed as Tess growled and then purred in her best flirtatious voice, “Predator baby.”

“Do you prefer to rent a movie or go out to one?”

Isabelle looked up from the paper. “I think I am looking forward to this. Plus, we all need to go shopping for the dance. We have less than a week and a half.”

“Yeah,” replied Maria while Liz and the guys rolled their eyes. “Today is Monday these are due Wednesday and we find out next Wednesday who our match is.”

Alex says “That isn’t much time at all.”

Just then Emily Martin, the new girl, walked in.

She was a different kind of pretty, her nose was small, her eyes too big behind her glasses but it was her body and hair that stood out. She was 5’4 and had the body of a model.Plus her hair was a wonderful shade of auburn. She walked over to the counter and sat down; Maria got up to take her order.

“I’ll have a Will Smith, Space rings and a coke.”

“Okay.”

As Emily the started on her questionnaire like everyone else, she never noticed Kyle staring at her.
Last edited by burningchaos on Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:31 am, edited 10 times in total.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 2

Post by burningchaos »

Chapter 2
You know the drill, not mine.

While the gang was at the CrashDown, Pam Troy was lying on her bed trying to think of the answers Max would put down. He was so hot and she had wanted him since she first minute she saw him. Pam never understood what he saw in that mousy Liz Parker, but she had decided that this was the perfect opportunity to get her hands on him. So with a sly smile on her face, she started to fill out her questionnaire.

Tate Donavon knew Tess; he also knew that she was single, which suited him fine since he had a thing for her. Not that she knew he was alive. Tate was a nice boy, a good student, he ran track, and was no slouch in the looks department. He had thick brown hair, wonderful blue eyes and a killer smile, at least that was what his ex had always said. He didn’t understand why he couldn’t seem to approach Tess. She made him more nervous than any girl had before. So Tate, being the good boy that he was, filled out his test honestly, unlike Pam.

~*~

The next two days passed by quickly, and all anyone could talk about was the test, most importantly who they did or didn’t want to get. Some compared answers to make sure they got paired. The second biggest question was why would it take so long and did they have the patience to wait? Over all, the entire mood was anxious at the school and at The CrashDown.

Isabelle was leaving the school and her hoard had just left when Alex appeared, in her eyes, he looked good, as he always did
Not that she would ever tell him. He knew too much about her, what she thought and the things she was hiding. She also knew if she were honest with herself she was more than half in love with him. That would never do, she knew she couldn’t hide anything from Alex.

“So, you will never believe what I heard,” Alex began.

Isabelle smiled at his mood. “Hey Alex, what did you hear?”

“You can’t tell Max, you have to promise.”

She rolled her eyes in amusement. “Okay, tell me.”

“I over heard Pam Troy saying she put down answers that were sure to match her with Max!”

Iz whirled towards Alex with a giddy smile “You’re kidding me!”

“Nope, I swear, that’s what she said.”

“Oh, that would be so rich. And he so deserves it, too,” Isabelle commented as she threw her head back and laughed.

Alex was thrown once again by the alien girl’s beauty and her love for life. He wished he would match with her so he could finally prove to her they should be together. So he could show her that he loved her as much as he said he did, and prove to her that she was, in his eyes, wonderful.

~*~

Later That Night ….

Liz and Michael were closing the CrashDown. It had been a busy night and Liz was beat. She also had a lot left to do, so she started to get to work when she felt Michael staring at her.

“Hey, Liz.”

Liz raised a mental eyebrow at that; he never called her anything but Parker anymore.

“I, ah, just wanted to say… thanks for getting Maria and I different shifts, I ah ...”

“It’s cool. I know you two are on an ‘off’ phase again so you both need space, no pun intended.” Liz laughed a little as she said this.

Michael’s face was serious as always as he said “No, this time it’s over.”

Liz was stunned at his harsh tone and right there decided to help him. She walked over to him and placed her hand on his arm as he had turned back to cleaning the grill.

Her voice was concerned and sympathetic. “Michael I know we aren’t close and I am best friends with Maria, but you do know that I am here if you ever want to talk.”

Michael had stilled underneath her touch and was once again awed by the generosity of Liz’s heart, which was the problem; he was starting to fall for her, hard.

He turned toward her and looked at her face, searching for pity and finding none, so he nodded and replied, “Yeah that might be nice sometime, you know it can go both ways if you want to talk about Max.”

Liz nodded also grateful that he had accepted, she desperately wanted to be closer to him, but hadn’t known how to do it. “That might be nice too.”

Liz walked out to the dining area and is unaware that he is still watching her.

At the Valenti household, however, things were far from quiet. Tess was so pissed that Kyle had been staring at Emily Martin all week and was now in a rage. Everything was far game now, even Buddha.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 3

Post by burningchaos »

Chapter 3
I own nothing.

Tess screamed at Kyle again, this time about his stupid dirty socks being left all over the place, because by god if he wanted them washed he needed to put them in the laundry basket. She was not his slave.
Kyle shook his head in frustration wondering again what was bothering the petite alien girl he had come to think of as family, and went to pick up his socks. The next thing he knew he had his meditation incense being thrown at him.
“This shit is smelling up the whole room get rid of it, and can you get Buddha out of here he is starting to creep me out?”
Now Kyle is a patient guy and since he found Buddha even more so but this was starting to push his buttons, nobody messed with his Buddha.
He flung open the door and yelled at Tess “What the hell crawled up your ass tonight, I haven’t done anything and all you have done is yell at me or insult me!”
Tess looked at Kyle her big blue eyes were filled with anger that he couldn’t understand. She was in a rage and he didn’t know why.
She stood in the center of the small room silently; her entire body shaking with jealous rage, the anger was building because Kyle had no clue, because he was so oblivious to what was right in front of him. Tess wasn’t sure how she had gotten so angry but it felt good to yell at him, to scream out all the hurt she was feeling so she decided to really let him have it. She move so quickly he couldn’t stop her, suddenly she was yelling “I am in love with you, you jerk and all week you have been staring at that Emily girl. I live with you and you can’t see how I feel? What the hell is wrong with you?” She had picked up the statue of Buddha during this rant and had now decided to launch it at Kyle.
Kyle to give him credit was fast but not so fast to save his beloved Buddha statue and he barely had time to duck. He was just about to go off on Tess when she threw herself on her (his) bed and started to sob. He was not sure what to do but knew he had to tell her the truth about how he felt.

He sat down on the bed next to her attentively and placed his hand on her shaking back, she tense at his touch. Kyle cleared his throat and started “Well see Tess it is like this, I love you too...”
She looks up at him suddenly with tear filled eyes.
“But it is more like a sister cause you have become my family, I can’t think about you that way while anymore.”
Her beautiful blue eyes start to fill with wonder as she replies “a sister?” she starts to sit up as she speaks. Her deepest desire was that for a brother, it was always what she wanted.even more than she had wanted Max.
“Yeah well think about it Tess do you really want to sleep with me?”
She hesitates and then slowly answers “No, no Kyle I don’t”
“Then think about what you really feel, you love dad like a father right, you never had one but you knew how to recognize that, right?”
“Yes” she says a little more firmly, “that’s because of how he is though, until him I have never been loved. Nasedo was incapable of showing any affection toward me. Plus it was always destiny this destiny that.”
Kyle’s face was filled with love as her talked trying to make her understand how she really felt “Now think about me vs what you feel for another hot guy and tell me it isn’t different.”
Tess was amazed; she was always underestimating Kyle’s intelligence, “You are right, you are my brother.”
She throws herself at him this time and hugs him, her voice filled with love “I always wanted a brother, and well I love you jerk.”
“I love you too Barbie.” He says as they both start to laugh, now happy and secure in their relationship.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 4 Mi/L R

Post by burningchaos »

The Match Up
By: Burningchaos
Set after EOTW but Liz tells Max the truth, they part as friends and Tess is getting along.
Rated R for launguge
Based on a challenge by SanityDreamer.Thankyou to my beta RavenSprite

Max and Isabelle were always close, and they were closer than most siblings because of the secrets they shared, because they spent their whole lives hiding. That is why while they were playing cards, Isabelle decided have the conversation she had promised Liz she would have with him.

“So… who are you hoping to get, you never did tell me?” Isabelle asked, trying to casually drop in the conversation.

Max’s tone was deadly serious. “Liz, of course. I love her, and that will make her see we are meant to be.”

“Have you even looked at other girls in school?”

“No, why would I? I’ve always loved Liz, she’s perfect.”

“That’s what I mean. Are you in love with her or are you just in the habit of loving her? And no one is perfect, Max.”

Max stilled and pondered the question for a few minutes before replying. “I’m… I’m actually not sure, Iz. But I promise to think about it. I do have strong feelings for her, I can’t seem to think about any other girls.”

“There is no other girl you think is hot?”

“Okay… don’t laugh but I’ve always thought Maria was pretty, too.”

“Really? I would have never guessed her.” Isabelle’s tone was shocked.

Satisfied that she had fulfilled her quest, she promptly kicked Max’s ass at gin.

Then they decided to go to the movies.

~*~

Alex and Maria were best friends. It seemed they always had been. They a deep abiding friendship, it was a rare and beautiful thing. They were able to share everything with one another, and often did. The only person who knew Maria and Alex as well as they knew each other was Liz.

“I am so sick of this.”

“Sick of what, Alex?” Maria asked curiously.

“Dancing around Iz. If we don’t get matched I don’t know what to do. I love her, Maria. I look at her and see my future and it could be so bright. With her in it, if she isn’t well I know that I’ll never be happy. She’s the one. I’m writing her a song,” Alex confided as he was, as usual, playing with his guitar.

Maria sighed inaudible at the romantic gesture. “Really?”

“Yeah, I needed to put on paper how I felt so …”

“Alex, you two have been doing this for so long… give it up. These aliens? They just aren’t worth it.”

“Maria…”

“Okay, at least Michael isn’t. You know what? Let’s skip the alien talk and go rent a movie, we need a break. What do you say?”

“Alright,” Alex agreed in a falsely chipper tone, his mind still on Isabelle and her song, which was already forming inside of him.

~*~

Pam was in heaven. She had that dirty little conversation running around in her head and was playing it up for all it was worth. She had promptly called anyone who would listen and tell them her version of what happened with Maria and Tess. Her version, however, involved more than yelling and a real kiss. Everyone was soaking it up and Pam couldn’t wait to see what would happen.

Plus, she had a new outfit to wear to school to try to tempt Max.

~*~

Liz and Michael were closing again, when Michael asked Liz a question. “You told us all about future Max and what happened in his time frame right?”

His tone was slightly puzzled, as Liz turned to look at him and was suddenly very nervous. “Yes,” she replied.

“So, Tess is happier now and doesn’t want him. And she isn’t going to leave, so why break it off?”

“We are being honest and that’s why I’ll tell you the truth.”

Michael’s interest was piqued. “Yeah, spill.”

“I just don’t love him anymore. I used to be his world. I couldn’t breathe when he would walk in the room and it went away when he was gone. I was starting to feel dead inside; suffocated by this image he has of me. I needed to get away from him and I hated to lie when I saw how much it had hurt the group, so I just… told everyone.”

“So you don’t feel like you lost out with him anymore?”

“No. In fact, I am looking forward to this match up to see if I get a great guy.”

Michael was secretly hoping he would be her match. Everyday they spent together he fell more in love, but he knew she was out of his reach.

“I hope you do, too.”

Liz’s face fell at his words. That was not the response Liz had hoped for but … at least they were friends now. Liz was hoping that Michael would be her match; inside she knew she was too boring for him. He’d dated Maria, who was very different from Liz.

They were just too different.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

The Match Up Mi/L R

Post by burningchaos »

The Match Up
By Burningchaos
Set after EOTW, but Liz told Max the truth, they parted friends and Tess is getting along.
Rated R for launguge
I own nothing.

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback, this is my most involved story so far and have been very nerveous about it. You have all made me feel better. Thank you to RavenSprite for being my beta.

~*~

The week passed quickly with not much else happening. The biggest topics were the test, Tess and Maria’s supposed smack down, and the track meet that the school won.

Tate and Emily were become fast friends, and through Isabelle she was meeting all sorts of people. As a matter of fact, she was going shopping with Iz, Maria, Tess and Liz this coming Saturday, something Emily was very much looking forward to.

Michael spent the week avoiding Maria, not because he still loved her but because she irritated the shit out of him. She was always calling him Spaceboy and he hated it. She was also always ragging on him about everything he ever did wrong.

Liz was another story. He wanted to be as near to her as possible. She was becoming more than a friend in his eyes. Hell, he was already half in love with her. She was so generous and kind, always so concerned about him. No one had ever been so attentive to his feelings before. He didn’t know what to say or do, he just kept hoping that somehow she would feel the same way.

~*~

Pam was giddy with excitement. Tomorrow she would find out if she matched with Max like she had planned. She had already mapped out what to wear to school, making sure it would show off her assets. She fell asleep dreaming of Max and the things she would like to do to him.

~*~

Tess and Kyle spent the week cementing their new relationship. Kyle loved that she saw him the way he saw her. Tess had even found him a new Buddha statue to replace the one she had broken to pieces. He loved playing the over protective brother, and Tess loved being an over protective sister. All in all, they were happy being siblings.

~*~

Max had talked to Isabelle about their conversation earlier in the week because he had been unable to get it out of his mind. He rolled her question around in his head until he knew she was right. He didn’t love Liz the way he used to. It was a shadow, a dim memory of what it had been. He loved her but was no longer in love with her, and that was a very big difference.

Isabelle was happy that he saw the light but had her own problems. She could no longer deny the fact she loved Alex Whitman and that disturbed her greatly. Alex was everything she wanted, but he always knew what she felt and wanted. It was like he was in her soul, a big part of her. She was unable to see how he didn’t know how she felt but always thought that was why he was so persistent. She just didn’t know what to do.

While Isabelle was so upset about Alex it would have eased her mind to know Alex was in the same state. He was so worked up about the test results that he couldn’t sleep, so he spent the time working on her song. He named it ‘The Laughter and The Tears’. He didn’t think he would ever show it to her, though. It bared his soul, it gave away everything. And since she didn’t want him he wasn’t about to rip his heart out by having her hear it and reject him.

~*~

Maria was being Maria. She was so nervous about the test she was using all her mother’s grief relief and cedar oil. She knew who she didn’t want and could never admit who she did; she thought Liz would kill her. But in her eyes, Max was the perfect boyfriend, everything Michael wasn’t. He was romantic, sensitive and he knew how to treat a girl. She secretly wanted to be matched with him but held out little hope.

~*~

As Liz was writing in her journal, she thought about her last few days with Michael.
She thought about how little everyone truly knew about him. He was smart and had an amazing, but unique, sense of humor. She had even seen him smile and God was that beautiful. She didn’t know what to do; she was in love with her best friend’s ex, her ex’s best friend. It broke all the rules but …he was so deep inside her heart already she felt like dying at the thought of never being with him. She knew she could never do anything about it; her only hope was the test.

~*~

All of them fell asleep that night thinking about who they wanted and dreamed about the dance.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

The Match Up Mi/L R Chapter 6

Post by burningchaos »

The Match Up
by Burningchaos
After EOTW but Liz told Max the truth and Tess is getting along.
I own nothing.

Chapter 6

It was Wednesday and the excitement in the air was a tangible thing, you could taste it. There was chatter everywhere and no one could sit still, they were too nervous to.
At the end of the day they were supposed to go pick up a letter from the office telling them who their match was.

Liz, Maria, Alex and the Pod squad were all waiting in line when Max heard a high pitched squeal.
“Oh Max you and I are matched, I always knew you were perfect for me.” She ran to him and latched herself to his arm. Her outfit was impossible, the shirt she was wearing looked like it belonged to a toddler it was so small and in primary colors, which covered her skirt too.
Max yanked his arm away from her as he said “There has to be some sort of mistake her Pam, we have nothing in common.”
“But it says so right here in my letter Max and theses are supposed to be perfect.”
The rest of the gang was having a hard time not laughing at Max’s obvious distress. His face and ears had turned red; it was almost to funny to see.

Kyle came up to them as they were almost next and budged in line, when they got to the front the each got their letters and went to the parking lot. They all agreed to open them at the same time.

Maria and Tess screamed at the same time, their faces pale and distressed. Maria looked at Tess and grabbed her letter, everyone gasped at the rudeness, but Maria screamed again, cracked out her grief relief drank the whole bottle the practically shove the bottle of cedar oil up her nose. Tess was starting to shake with anger as she fumed “This is ridiculous, there is now way that freaked out, overstressed girl is my perfect match.”

Everyone tried not to laugh as Tess said Maria was her Match that was Funnier than Max and Pam Troy. Maria started to cry as Liz and Alex patted her back and tried to comfort her. She sobbed “I couldn’t get a nice guy no I get alien Barbie, I am not even gay, and does this mean I am gay? There has to be a mistake here”
“Ya Think” replies Tess snottily “ There is no way I am your match I am going to find out what the hell is going on!” and stomped off.
Maria was sobbing and Michael thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen, in his mind payback was a bitch and nobody deserved it more than Maria right now.
Max decided to try to help “Maria it will be a right there has to be a mistake it will all be ok.”
“Like you and Pam Troy will?”
Isabelle snickered and Alex gave her a hard look as he and Liz lead Maria away.
Pam was standing next to Max watching all this happen thinking she couldn’t wait to get home to call her friends.
Max decided to change the subject when he heard Michael swear
“Son of a Bitch”
”What who did you get?” Isabelle, Max, Kyle, and Pam all ask at once
Michael tries not to smile as he looks at the piece of paper that has just given him his heart’s desire…Liz.
“I ah ...got Liz.” he whispered
“WHAT!” Max Yelled.
Michael still stunned didn’t even answer he just stated off into space and started to walk home already planning what he would say to Liz at work tonight.

Max was still sputtering and Pam was fuming over his reaction but didn’t want to leave all this gossip was just to juicy so she stuck around to find out what was next and she didn’t have to wait long.
A soft “Oh my God” came from Isabelle’s lips as she went pale, Max and Kyle rushed to her side with concern. She looked up at Max her Eyes wide with fear, as she couldn’t even form a sentence.
Max started to get scared “Iz who is it, what is wrong?”
”Yeah Iz come on it can’t be that bad, tell us.”
“Its, it’s Alex, my match is Alex”

Max couldn’t understand the problem, but Kyle did right away. Who knew Iz better, who was the only one who could break through to that frozen heart that she was so afraid to thaw…Alex.
He started to say something but Isabelle started to run off to the jeep.
Pam was watching all this stunned, everyone had forgotten she was here and she was unable to see the problem.
Max was about to go after his sister when Kyle stopped him “Give her some time alone, she needs it.’
”Are you sure cause”
Kyle cuts him off and says “Trust me man she’ll be ok”
‘Alright, so who did you get?”
Kyle smiled and said “Exactly who I wanted!”
“Well at least someone did!”
”Hey that’s not nice!”
“Well Pam who ever said I was nice, at least to you?”
Pam mutters “To hell with you” and stalks off.
Kyle laughs “Thank God that is not my woman!”
Max punches him lightly in the arm and goes “So who is?”
“Emily Martin”
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Interlude

Post by burningchaos »

Interlude
by burningchaos
not mine, rated R

Tess screamed in frustration. She couldn’t believe that she had been paired with Maria Deluca of all people. Not to mention she was a she. When she had gone to the office they said it had to have been a glitch but there was no way to fix it and weren’t her and Maria friends?

No! Maria hated her. Now here she was paired with that… that thing that always panicked and freaked. Great, life really blew. Tess was pulling on her curls as she tried to think of a way out of this when the phone rang,

“Hello,” she answered it curtly.

“It’s me, Can you believe this shit? I mean you and me a pair? Get real!”

“Oh I know it is a farce.”

Then, to get rid of her and to be more than a little perverse, Tess changed her tone to a flirtatious timbre. “But you know Maria, I always thought you were kinda hot.”

“EW!”

Tess was met with the dial tone as Maria hung up.

Tess rolled over on the bed and laughed, feeling better and already thinking that this might be just a little fun after all.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

The Match Up chapter 7

Post by burningchaos »

The Match Up
by burningchaos
Not mine , wish it was, especialy Michael.

Isabelle always felt alone. She had her brothers, the others in the “I know an alien” club and her fake friends, but underneath it… she was alone.

Her loneness was a tangible thing, it set her apart from the others, it was a safety net, a wall she used to protect herself. Now, though, it was threatened. She knew that it wouldn’t be able to resist another direct assault from Alex.

She loved him, she knew that but she didn’t understand how or why he loved her. He knew what she was, all of it, how could he love that when she wasn’t even sure she could love herself? She never asked to be so different, to be anything less than normal. Why would a guy as wonderful as Alex want to be with a hybrid like her when he could have a whole human was beyond her. She wasn’t about to let him in just so he could hurt her. The ice princess was in full shopping mode. She needed the perfect dress. Sexy, remote, untouchable, everything she was.

Alex was exhausted. He felt he should get combat payment for calming down Maria, especially after what the phone call to Tess did. He knew Tess was messing with Maria; she was just too easy a mark. He was thrilled too, though. He matched with Isabelle and now he had to figure out a plan of attack, a way to make her see that they need to be together, because this was the last time he was going to try.

This was his last chance.

~*~

Max was still in shock. He was reeling from the results of the match up.

Pam Troy his perfect match? Pam Troy?!?!

There had to be a mess up similar to Maria and Tess’s. There was no way that a whore like Pam and he had anything in common. She was just so distasteful and trashy. Could she even hold a decent conversation that didn’t begin with “You won’t believe what I heard?”

Max’s head was shaking he was just so puzzled. He was also worried about Isabelle. She went to her room when they got home and had yet to make a sound or come out. He was also unsure about how he felt about Michael matching with Liz. His change of feelings was still new to him, and it was Michael, his brother.

To say that Pam was happy was putting it mildly. Her plan was falling into place, and Max would be hers soon and to hell with all his friends and what they thought. Max would be hers. So she was planning on what outfit to wear to the dance when her phone rang.

~*~

Liz almost fainted with joy when she read her match. She pulled herself together though, and wondered how to tell Maria. She also wondered what working with Michael would be like tonight. She knew that this was her one chance, fate had thrown them together, there would be no better time than now to tell him she was in love with him.

Michael, for the first time, was nervous about going to work. Liz was there. What if she didn’t want him? What if she was upset they had matched or worse what if she was polite about it? He paced the room knowing he had to leave soon or be late, but couldn’t bring himself to walk out the door yet. He wasn’t sure he wanted to know, the hell with that yes he did and he marched out the door to work
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

The Match Up Mi/L R

Post by burningchaos »

The Match Up
by burningchaos
burningchaos@aol.com
Rated R, no warnings.
Set after EOTW.
I own nothing.

Emily Martin was exited and nervous; she got Kyle Valenti, Kyle that handsome, sweet Buddha lovin guy she had been eyeing. It had to be fate. She wasn’t sure what to do now so she decided to call the person who had rapidly become her best friend, Tate. She throws herself into a comfy chair as the phone rings.
“Hello.”
“Tate it’s me.”
“Oh hey Em.”
“I got Kyle can you believe it?” he voice rapid and excited.
“Are you serious, that is great, I am psyched for you.”
“Who did you get?”
”Some girl I don’t even know, her name is Melanie Potts, I have no clue what she looks like or anything.”
“Oh Tate I am so sorry I know how you wanted to match with Tess.”
“Naw it is cool, maybe it is for the best ya know she is just too perfect.”
“Tess is not perfect!”
“You know what I mean.”
Emily laughs and replies “Yeah I do.”
“I got to go Em I’ll see you later at the Crash Down ok?”
“Ok later”

~*~

Kyle was exited too, and had he know that Emily was excited as he was it would have made it even better. He liked her the second her saw her, she was without a doubt the perfect girl for him. She even loved Buddha. Her auburn hair, her green eyes even those cute little glasses all got to him. She drove him nuts, he couldn’t wait to see her and talk to her about the dance.

Tess came out of her room and saw Kyle grinning like an idiot and figured that he got who he wanted and was a little miffed, but she was planning on having some fun with Deluca, she thought with a slightly evil smile.
“Hey Buddha boy who did you get?”
Kyle jumped a little not hearing Tess enter the room, he grinned and said “Emily”
Tess bounced down on the couch next to him “Cool, I know that’s who you wanted. I am happy for you.”
“Thanks sis.” Kyle says as Tess lays her head on his shoulder and they watch cartoons.

~*~

Later that night as Michael arrived at work he could feel the tension in the air, Maria was there tonight with Liz and something was definitely wrong. Then he realized that Liz had probably already told Maria about them matching up, this was a Hurricane Deluca night.

Michael walked in to the break room to change his shirt and she pounced “I’ll bet you are thrilled about getting Liz aren’t you, you never could take you eyes off her. You were always looking at her, staring at her, in fact I think that you like her more than you ever liked me!” Maria raged “Here I get stuck with Tess fuck me Harding and you get exactly what you want. How fair is that!”

Michael stood there and let her yell, let her rage it was the only thing to do when she was like this and besides she was right, he did like Liz more, in fact he was sure he loved Liz and he knew that he had never loved Maria. As she slowly started to wind down Michael spoke up “Maria you are right about a few things. I did watch Liz a lot, I can explain why too.” His voice was sincere and earnest as he spoke about his feeling, something that was never easy for him to do, so Maria quieted down to listen.
“You see I have always liked Liz, I liked you too and I had fun being with you but what I feel for her is different, it is stronger. It is.., I think, well I might love her. I don’t want you to be angry; I just need to tell you what I was feeling.”

Maria was stunned, floored Michel had just validated her every jealousy, but his honesty had taken the wind out of her sails, she had never heard him speak so freely before. She stepped closer to him “Did you really ever care about me or are you just saying that?” her voice was quite and insecure.
“Yes I did, I do, and I still want you to be my friend, just stop calling me space boy, I hate that.” Michael had put his hand on Maria’s shoulder and was using a soft caring tone that she rarely heard come from him.
Maria started to cry a little “I’ll always here and I promise to be a better friend, I want you to be happy, does she make you happy?”
Michael smiled the biggest smile Maria had ever seen Michael smile and said “Don’t answer that I can see she does.” then promptly hugged him.
Michael was stunned too, he had never expected such generosity from Maria, he never expected her to accept all this without flipping out, but then it was Maria and you never knew what to expect.

~*~

Neither knew that Liz had accidentally overheard the entire conversation, she had been worried about Michael because of how Maria reacted earlier and went to check to see if he was ok, and had heard he name. The she was rooted into place as she heard the rest, unable to tear herself away as she heard Michael confess that he cared for her, had always cared for her. Liz smiled to herself as she thought that work tonight had just got more interesting
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

chapters 8&8a

Post by burningchaos »

The Match Up
by burningchaos
I own nothing

Chapter 8

Tess was standing in front of her closet trying to decide what to wear, she wanted to look hot, edible, and she was out for war. Maria wouldn’t know what hit her, and Tess was going to have fun, she wasn’t gay, but why not play up the mistake to piss off that Deluca bitch. She grabbed a pair of hip hugger jeans that were new and a backless baby blue tank top, to set off her eyes. She used a little alien magic to fix her hair and make-up, and then headed to the CrashDown

~*~

Michael didn’t know why the gods hated him but they obviously did, every time he turned around Liz was bending over and damn if she wasn’t wearing a thong, he was going to die. If he didn’t know better he would think she was doing it on propose, but why would she do that?

After over hearing Maria and Michael Liz decided to have a little fun herself, she snuck upstairs and put on her new thong and tiny half-cup lacy bra that matched, they were black. When she went back downstairs, she decided to have some fun of her own.

She bent over in front of him every chance she got. This last time she needed to get some straws to “drop” she heard him groan loudly. from the corner of her eye, she saw him turn quickly away. She laughed to herself, and decided to be a little evil.

“Michael are you ok, you look flushed?”

Michael loved Liz with all his heart but at that moment he wanted to kill her, he was dying inside, if he saw that thong one more time he was going to lose it and toss her against a wall, which would be a bad, bad thing right now.

“No Liz I am fine” he replied tersely
Liz tried not to smile as she walked into the kitchen, “But Michael you look ill.” She reached up to feel his forehead.
Michael stifles another groan and jerks away “You know we don’t get sick.”

Liz is starting to grin, she can’t help it, and as Michael seesher grin, he wonders what is going on.
“Liz, what are you up to?” he starts to move toward her she slowly backs away knowing she is busted.

“Nothing” she is smiling like a minx and Michael suddenly groans again

“You heard me talking to Maria didn’t you?” He said with a grin, but still mad that she was eavesdropping.

Liz nods and smiles shyly as she steps closer to him placing her hands on his chest, “I did, and I wish that you would have said something to me about it, because I like you too. I have for awhile now and since we started talking more, well…”

Michael was stunned, he never thought she would already like him, he thought he would have to win her over, pursue her. It was like a gift, a precious gift.
“I never thought that you could like someone like me.” His tone was getting more serious.

“What do you mean someone like you, you are wonderful, talented, smart, and funny when you want to be. I always feel safe when I am with you.” Liz’s tone had changed to slightly agitated.

“You are always putting yourself down, and you shouldn’t because you are a wonderful person who cares about his friends and will do anything to protect them. That is not the trait of a loser, and if you were such as loser why would I like you?”

Michael didn’t know what to say, , so he just reached out and did what he had been wanting to do for so long, he held Liz Parker in his arms.

Chapter 8a

When Tess arrived at the CrashDown she could feel a shift in the air, everyone seemed different Michael and Liz were grinning at each other. Maria mixed smiling at them fondly with an evil glare at the sloe-eyed Pam Troy, who was currently trying to hang all over Max. This was going to be a good night. Tess sauntered over to Max’s booth and looked at the pained expression covering his face and decided to rescue him.
“Get lost bitch” Tess said in her best I am the queen don’t fuck with me voice.
Pam looked at her and was actually taken aback, she opened her mouth to speak and Tess cut her off,

“Don’t even speak you breath is as rank as that outfit, leave skank!” Pam slunk away wondering what got into Tess and pulling out her Cell she decided to call her friends to dish.
Max let out a heavy sigh of relief “Thank you so much Tess she was plastered all over me I couldn’t get rid of her. She doesn’t understand the word no!”

Tess laughed “No problem Max, it is all in the job description as your former wife.”

Max laughed glad that they had both put their destinies behind them and moved on, he actually had grown to like her since that had happened.

“So what are you up to tonight?” Max asked with curiosity.

“Me I am here to see my woman, apparently she is perfect for me.” Tess let out a throaty laugh.
That was when Max knew Maria was in trouble, Tess was going to yank her chain, and he wasn’t going to sit and watch.

“Well that would be my cue to leave then, have fun.” He said sliding out of the booth.

Tess sat back and watched Maria work. She was at her table and was waiting for service, so she decided to move to the counter for a better view of the action.
Maria realized that she now had to wait on her.

“Tess what can I get you” Maria tried to sound nice but it wasn’t working.

“Well…I’ll take a cherry coke” As Maria turned around to get it for her Tess decided to start her campaign.

“I was thinking about the talk we had the other day.” She said slyly.

“What talk?” Maria’s voice was leery

“The one where you said I must be a lousy kisser.” She pretended to sound hurt.

“Oh why?” Maria did not like where this conversation was headed.

“Well it will be your job to help me get better now cause we are going to the dance and well we are matched right.” Tess said as earnestly as possible.

Maria’s face went red as she threw the cherry coke at Tess, she screamed “In your dreams you whore, I’ll never kiss you, or even touch you, you make me sick!”

Tess was covered in sticky cola she looked around to make sure there weren’t any on lookers, and dissolved the mess into nothing.

Tess turns to Maria just as Liz and Michael come running out to see what is wrong. They over hear her remarks to Maria.

“Maria” she pauses

“You seem to forget that I am able to make you do what I want, if I want you to kiss me you will, but I would rather you be willing; since I know you want it so badly I can tell by the way you are acting I am willing to wait.” Her tone triumphant and her smile a mile wide as she turns to leave, content that she has sufficiently rattled Maria for tonight.
Last edited by burningchaos on Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.