The Alex/Isabel challenge thread!!

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

cool :D I really like the title ... kinda makes oyu wonder what inhibitions will be lost
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Challenge #1:

Sometime after Surprise, the aliens take the four humans (Valenti too if you want) to the Granolith chamber. Everyone is kinda in awe by it and by accident, Alex and Isabel (still not together) touch it at the same time. Somehow, Isabel's powers get swapped into Alex, leaving Isabel without powers and Alex with Isabel's. Isabel and Alex can notice immediately that something is different or later on by accident, for example when Isabel wants to change her shade of lipstick or Alex accidently cleans up some spilled orange juice, you decide. Now the group and of course mostly Alex and Isabel have to deal with that. Isabel has to learn how to manage her daily activities without her powers and Alex has to learn how to control Isabel's powers. Of course, Isabel is the one who helps him control that. In the meantime, the others try to find a way to make what happened undone.

Musts:
Alex and Isabel getting together again.
More fluff than drama (but drama's allowed).
Isabel getting her powers back.

Challenge #2:

Takes place after Destiny but before school is out. All three couples are apart and no teen is happy about that (without really admiting it). Liz and Maria are planning Alex's birthday (on the 21st June) to keep their minds off of the aliens. Isabel finds out about the planning and wants to help the girls. After some reluctance, Maria and Liz "allow" Isabel to help. The boys of course notice that something is going on with the girls and that they hide something but they don't get the girls to spill what they are up to. Michael and Max can get all paranoid about it if you want and fear that something alien related is the reason for the girls' "weird" behavior.
The birthday party takes place and is a full success (what else when Liz and Isabel are in planning mood?) and Alex and Isabel get back together again. They both know that the other four are unhappy without their signifcant others and try to get M/M and M/L back together again.

Musts:

A/I being together.
More fluff than drama (drama's allowed of course).
Happy ending for all couples.
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

"Follow your heart to me" challenge...
(based on Tara Lyn Hart's song 'You can get there from here')

- Probably quite AU
- Max and Alex as best friends, high school seniors. Isabel as Max's annoying, but very cute, 'little sister' (How much younger than Max is up to you.)
- Alex as a very restless type, can't wait to graduate and leave town forever. Isabel more the homebody type, but she's madly in love with Alex and he doesn't really notice her.
- Isabel doing something very deliberate to try and attract Alex's attention
- optional: include or paraphrase the line "If you're looking for someone who loves you, I've decided you're blind."

any takers? ;)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Trude posted:
Challenge #2:

Takes place after Destiny but before school is out. All three couples are apart and no teen is happy about that (without really admiting it). Liz and Maria are planning Alex's birthday (on the 21st June) to keep their minds off of the aliens. Isabel finds out about the planning and wants to help the girls. After some reluctance, Maria and Liz "allow" Isabel to help. The boys of course notice that something is going on with the girls and that they hide something but they don't get the girls to spill what they are up to. Michael and Max can get all paranoid about it if you want and fear that something alien related is the reason for the girls' "weird" behavior.
The birthday party takes place and is a full success (what else when Liz and Isabel are in planning mood?) and Alex and Isabel get back together again. They both know that the other four are unhappy without their signifcant others and try to get M/M and M/L back together again.

Musts:

A/I being together.
More fluff than drama (drama's allowed of course).
Happy ending for all couples.
Hmm I really like this one...I'm tempted I really am...
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

well then, start writing! :D
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

The main thing is, that Alex is an alien too, namely Kivar!!!!!!! Yes Kivar!

(I've read an extremly short Alex POV once, where it was the same ... from there, I have the idea. but I don't remember where I read the story)

after/during the Wipe Out, Alex started remembering things from the past and is shocked about this and distanced himself from the others, mostly from the aliens, since he fears their reactions the most

The past life that Alex remembers is different from the one the aliens have been told about ... Kivar not being the evil one, of course

there are a few different possibilities I've come up with:

1) Kivar and Vilandra are together (none of them are evil), Nicolas is the bad guy and killed them all in that life (Zan, Ava, Rath, Lonnie, Kivar)

or

2) Zan is not a good leader (would explain Max in S2) and is against his sister being with the not royal Kivar, he tries to get them apart which leads to Kivar and Vilandra running away ... or at least they try to but, yet again, they get all killed by Nicholas who started a civil war on Antar and was hoping to get K/V on his side but when he realized that that's impossible, he ...

if you don't want sweet Alex as Kivar, it could work as Alex being Kivar's son - lets call him Niloc (Colin backwards)
Niloc and Vilandra have a secret affair (secret because of Zan and Kivar, not because of Rath), here it works with Kivar being the bad guy but instead of having an affair with Vilandra, he's something like a powerful duke who starts a civil war (or something like that), one day when there's a meeting or so when all the roayals (Zan, Ava, Rath, Lonnie and others) are present, he kills all of them (maybe offering Vilandra to join him but she rejects him because she loves Niloc and Kivar kills her then because of that), Kivar's son found out about his father's plan and wanted to stop him but is killed by Nicholas, his father's second in command

and since history is being written by the winners, Kivar and Nicholas spread the lies about Kivar/Vilandra (or if Alex is Kivar, then only Nicholas spreads them)

anyway, the group finds out about this (Alex tells them after all, Isabel dreamwalks him and finds out, whatever), they react ... well, I have no idea how they would react - in the end, they should all believe that Alex is really on their side
they all start remembering their past lives slowly (focus on A/I of course) ... it could be kinda like A/I having a talk and suddenly one of them has a flash of the previous life where they had a similar talk (things like this could also bother Alex before he tells the others)

I don't know if Alex starts getting powers, depends on whether only the royals on Antar have powers or every Antarian

with Alex being who he is/was, the whole problem with the dupes and skins has quite a different side too (even though I have to admit that I don't know why Nicholas and the skins or the dupes don't know about Alex either)
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Trude,

I'm going to go ahead and take challenge #2. :) Since I'm pretty much done with Blind Date 3 I should be able to squeeze this one in there. I won't start posting it until I got a few chapters written out as I only have one done. The title of the fic will be, "Almost Perfect" and I'll let you know when I start posting it. :D
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

:D great! :D thank you!!!!!! :D :D :D
the title is already sounding perfect! :D
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Alright I've started posting Almost Perfect. I hope it's okay. ;)
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

oh, I'm sure it will be anything but perfect :D
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics