Nothing At All (CC ALL,MATURE) Completed

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Nothing At All (CC ALL,MATURE) Completed

Post by vegas312 »

Title: Nothing at all (CC)
Author: Me
Rating: MATURE

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell, maybe Colin. Okay, I don't own Colin either just Nick then. Kidding I do not own Roswell or its characters or actors sadly.

Summary: Post Graduation. It is now 2004, and the gang has settle in Los Angeles, California. Hoping that they will finally get some peace and be able to act normal, they settle into their new lives. Things are fine until Isabel meets a new guy, and she starts acting strangely. What will the gang do about Isabel and her new friend, and what about their enemies that are still out there?

AN:This is my first fic, so let me know what you think and please be gentle. Seriously, let me know what you think. ;) Thanks to Jen (Borderinsanity) for the lovely banner. Thanks girl! :)

Chapter One: Nothing at all

Setting: December 25, 2004. Antar. Grand Ballroom at the Whirlwind Palace.

She smelled it.

It surrounded her.

Death.

It waited patiently for her, like a predator stalking its prey.

Nervously she licked her dry lips and prepared to meet her enemy face to face.

Slowly opening her eyes, she was shocked at what she saw.

Chaos had taken reign and bodies were sprawled everywhere. Some of the bodies were sprawled on the floor while others were leaning against the wall.

Could it only have been a few minutes that these same people were full of life and celebrating the newfound peace that had been achieved, she wondered. Looking around she recognized that there would be no more joy, happiness, laughter or tears from these people again.

Tears flowing down her cheek, she took a deep breath as she felt panic try to take over her. Nearly choking as death tried to smother her with its unique aroma, she curled up on the floor covering her nose while taking small breaths.

Finally, she got her breathing under control and fought the panic that threatened to take over her. Using her once white sleeve to wipe the tears from her cheeks, she shakily stood up determined to find out what had happened to those she knew and loved.

Wobbling she started to walk and tripped after a few steps on the hem of her long white ball gown. Cursing as she sat on the floor and feeling the tears start to gather in her eyes again, she closed her eyes and slowly counted to ten. Opening her eyes, she leaned down to her feet and took off her white dance slippers with the four inch heels. “Now that feels a thousand times better, but what I wouldn’t kill to have Maria’s cedar oil to calm my nerves,” she said to the eerie room. Pushing her black curls out of her face, she got back up with a determine light in her gray eyes. She walked to the other side of the ballroom to the spot where she lasted seen her family standing at. As she walked across the ball room, she did her best to ignore the bodies she was stepping over. In the back of her mind, she knew there was a slim chance of her family and friends surviving the destruction that had been wrecked, but she felt that she couldn’t give up on them because if the positions were reversed none of them would give up on her.

After what seemed like a decade, she finally came to the spot where she last saw her family and friends. Not wanting to believe what she was seeing, she dropped to her knees to shove bodies out of the way. Then, she saw a slim arm with a delicate gold bracelet with a moon charm dangling, and she knew that she had found her mother. Fast becoming hysterical she pushed more bodies out of the way and found her father next to her mother. She knelt next to her parents to see if she could find a pulse or something to let her know that they were still alive. Finding nothing she shook them hysterically believing that they were just sleeping. “No, you have to wake up, so that once I find Max he can heal you,” she whispered frantically. “Wake up,” she screamed over and over again until she broke down sobbing.

Meanwhile, in another room in the palace a figure in black stood in front of the granolith laughing harshly. If anyone had been there, they would have shivered at the sound of laughter from this man because they would have known things were about to get worst. He walked over to the panel that would reactivate the granolith and touched his hands to start it up. As the granolith started up, the light gleamed off the blond hair of the man and showed his wild green eyes. Moving to stand back in front of the granolith, he touched the granolith in what could be only described as a caress. With green eyes gleaming, he whispered to the granolith “now I have absolute power and only I can control you.” The granolith glowed brightly as to answer his comment.

TBC?
Last edited by vegas312 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:41 pm, edited 26 times in total.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Title: Nothing at all (CC)
Rating: R
Disclaimer:
I do no own Roswell, so please don't sue me. ;)
Summary: Look @ Chapter One
Setting: Whirlwind Palace, Antar. December 25, 2004

AN: Thanks to everyone who is reading my little fic here. ;) I'm glad that you guys are enjoying it. I hope this new part is okay because I kept rewriting it over and over, since I couldn't figure out where to stop this. Let me know what you think, please. :)

roswellluver- Thanks for the compliment. 8)
cardinalgirl- OMB, you're reading my story. :shock: That is so cool, and I just started reading your "Persistance of Memory" story. I love it. Glad that I have your attention and this story is going get weirder and weirder. ;)
behrsgirl77-Thanks for reading. Yes, everybody is dead except for a few people as you'll see. Keep reading. 8)
angel-*blushes* I'm so glad that you're reading my story. Now to answer your question, yes you're right. *looks at her closely* Have you been reading my outline? *giggles* Don't worry this story is going to be unpredictable further down the road, I hope. Also thanks for nominating me for best feedback. *hugs*
cherie-Evil, huh? Just wait to see how Evil he can be. :lol: Thank you for reading and thanks for the nom as well. *hugs for you too*

Chapter Two: White Flag
All that could be heard in the room was the sobbing of the young woman as she tried to deal with her discovery. She crawls between her motionless parents and lays her head in her mother’s lap. She grabs her father’s cold hand and holds on tightly fearing that even that cold comfort will be taken from her if she lets go.

With tears falling unheeded down her face, she talks about things that happened in their lives and how they were always there to take care of her. Closing her eyes, she waits with bated breath for her mother to lean down and wipe her tears away as she has always done. Seconds turn into minutes and minutes seemed to turn into hours, and she knows that she has to face the truth of the matter. The truth is that her parents are dead and that they are not coming back to save her.

She sits up and looks again at the two most important people in her life, her parents. Bringing her fingertips to her lips, she leans over her mother and gently presses her fingers to her mother’s cheek and does the same thing for her father. “I love the both of you and more than anything I wish you were here with me,” she tells them. “I will always remember what the both of you have taught me and I will try to my best to live to the standards that were set for me. I know the two of you will be watching me from that big place in the sky, and I just want you to know that you don’t have to worry about me. I’m going to be okay and don’t spend all your time watching me because who needs parents that are ghosts scaring my prospective boyfriends away,” she joked.

Smiling sadly, she stood up and turned ready to leave what had quickly become a tomb for so many. As she started to walk away, she felt something brush against her leg and grab hold of her ankle. Fear paralyzes her and her heart stops for a second while her brain shouts “run” repeatedly in her head. All she could do as she stood rooted in her fear was scream and scream. Taking another breath to let out another scream, a voice pierces the fog that was clouding her mind.

The voice shakily whispers “sss, sss, Serena” from the floor, and realizing that someone was calling her name she looks down to the floor at the hand that was holding onto her ankle. Serena lets her glaze fall down to the hand that is holding her ankle and travel down the length of the arm connected until she finally gets to see the face of her assailant. Serena looked at the familiar blonde hair and green eyes, and falls to her knees in shock that her beloved was still alive.

Stretching one hand towards him, she gently pushs a stray blonde lock away from his face, and whispered jerkily “Sebastian." Suddenly, she throws herself at him with such force that he has grab onto her tightly before he hits his head on the force.

"Oh God, Sebastian my parents are dead and I don't think anyone else is alive," she tells him. Gathering her closer, he grabbed hold of her hand and pressed a gentle kiss to it while making comforting noises. They stayed like that for what seemed like forever and the two took comfort in knowing that they still had each other. Suddenly, he started coughing uncontrollably and blood flew out of his mouth. "Why didn't you tell me you had been hurt," Serena asked while she wiped the blood away. "I didn't tell you because I knew you would fuss, like you're doing now," he answered. Pushing her hand away, he coughed even more blood up as Serena looked on in concern. Using her other sleeve, she wiped more blood off his face and told him to take it easy. He looked at her as she took care of him, and taking a shaky breath he finally told her what he had been dreading to do.

“Serena, would you please stop and listen to me.” Ignoring him, she kept wiping the blood off his mouth and chin, until he grabbed hold of her hands. “We have to leave here before it’s too late and he comes back. My father is insane and uncontrollable. We have to leave before he comes back to finish what he started.” Serena raised her head and looked him in the eye, and just said “no.” Frustrated that she wasn’t listening to him, Sebastian clumsily stood up and helped her up as well. Pulling her in his arms, he asked her again to leave with him. She stubbornly shook her head "no" again, and he asked her "why." He looked at the eyes of his beloved and saw the angry build up.

"Khivar has to pay for the destruction he has wrecked, not only the destruction to the planet but to the people as well." She waves her hands at the chaos that had happened in that room, and says "these people deserve justice and they shall get it." Grabbing hold of her hands, he rested his forehead on hers and said "how can we stop him when no one else has in over fifty years."
Last edited by vegas312 on Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell. Sadly enough. Although I wouldn't object to own Colin, Nick, Jason or Brandon. ;)
AN: This chapter was really hard to write and I found myself rewriting and rewriting. I'm not happy with it, but hopefully it makes some sense. ;) I know you guys have a lot of questions and I'm going to get to them, but it's going to take some time or rather a few more chapters. Also I forgot to mention that the titles of the chapters are songs I've been listening to while writing. Nothing at all is by Carlos Santana featuring Musiq. White Flag is by Dido. Going under is Evanescene.

cardinalgirl- LOL. You've got everyone speculating about Serena's parents now. You'll find out in the next chapter promise. Are there going to be flashbacks? Yeah, you're going to find out in about two more chapters how everyone got on Antar. This rabbit hole is going to get deeper, so behr with me. :)

roswellluver- You're like the ultimate feedbacker. ;) Thank you for taking time to read my little fic. *hugs*

Behrsgirl77- So many questions and so few answers. :lol: Don't worry the answers are coming soon. Also, Sebastian is Khivar's son, but you ask yourself who is his mother. Thanks for reading.

cherie-One of my favorite authors is reading my story. How cool is that. Serena's parents are....I'm stil not telling yet. 8) Thanks for reading and glad that you're enjoying yourself.

~all thoughts are written in italics~

Chapter 3: Going Under
Setting: Whirlwind Palace. Antar. December 25, 2004

“Love,” she whispers. He looks down at her and says “I love you too, but how can we defeat him.” Smiling she stands on her tiptoes and kisses him playfully on the nose. “No, love is what we will use to stop him,” she tells him. Raising an eyebrow he looks at her in shock and confusion. “Serena, what can love do against the power of the granolith and my father,” he asks her. “Love has no shape or form and it has no boundaries. Love makes miracles happen and right now we gladly need a miracle to do this,” she replies.

Oh god, she must have a concussion or something, he thinks to himself.

He pushes her hair aside looking for a lump or something that will let him know that she must be hurt.

What the hell is he doing to my hair and why is he looking so worry. I know we can beat Khivar; we just have to believe is all.

Still lost in her musings, she is yank back to reality when Sebastian pulls her hair too hard. Smacking his hands away, she looks at him seriously pissed off. “What the hell are you looking for, and why did you yank my hair so hard,” she yells at him.

Uh oh, she looks homicidal pissed off. Okay, I’m just going have to distract her into forgetting the hair incident. Wait, she bringing her hands to her waist. Uh oh, she really is angry. Think. Think. Hurry. Hurry. Oh, I can kiss her that should distract her. If it doesn’t distract her, at least I got something out of it.

He grabs her quickly, and before she can protest he kisses her passionately. Seconds turned into minutes, and finally the two pulled away from each with Serena having a dreamy expression and Sebastian looking quite proud.

He thinks he’s so smart trying to distract me. Please like I’m going to forget that he pulled the hell out of my hair. Men, they think they know everything. Well, I did enjoy it, not that I’m going to tell him that.

Snuggling back in his arms, she whispers to him “it is our fate, our destiny that we will destroy Khivar.” "Destroy? What do you mean destroy? he asks her" Taking a look at her face, he sees her answer. He pulls away from her and starts to pace in spot. Running his hand through his hair, he stops in front of her and asks “how is it my destiny that I kill my father. I was born to kill my father, is that what you’re saying? I mean its one thing to put my father away in a prison, but asking me to kill him is another thing.”

Seeing the anguish on his face and the pain in his eyes, she steps towards him and gently took his hand. He pulls his hand away from her and takes a step back. Trying to ignore the pain at his gesture, she walks towards him determine to help him with his guilt.

“Sebastian, there is no other way in dealing with your father. You know this, but if you can think of a way that we can end this peacefully then I will gladly take it. It is to kill or be killed. You yourself just mention that Khivar will finish what he has started. Look around you and see how he deals with those who oppose him.”

“How can you be so cold? You’re talking about murdering a man, not just any man but my father. He’s not all evil and I know that there is some good left in him.”

The two glared at each other, both hurting about the other not understanding their point of view.

“If he loves you so much, then why did he order the granolith to blast the ballroom where he knew you would be,” she fiercely demands of him.

“I wasn’t supposed to be here,” he retorts back.

“What do you mean you weren’t supposed to be here?”

“He asked me to stay in my room until the ball, since he knew how tired I was. I ignored his order to come be with you.”

She looks shock at his answer and she reluctantly replies “I guess he does love you.” He stands in front of her and slides his fingers across his cheek until he comes to her lips. Leaning down, he whispers “please do this for me.” Torn between what she knew to be right and her love for this man, she didn’t know what to do. This time she was the one to pull away and start to pace. Pushing her hair away from her face a gold bracelet with a moon charm dangles in her face. She looks at the bracelet that is identical to her mother’s and remembers the promise that she made to them.

I can’t do this. I can’t let him get away with what he has done. Too many people have lost their lives because of his greed for power. He has to be stop, but I can’t do this without Sebastian’s help and he won’t kill his father. Maybe it is too much to ask of him because if someone was to ask me to kill my father, I wouldn’t be able to do it.

Watching her pace, he sees various types of emotion cross her face. He sees bitterness, love, sorrow, hate, and finally he sees determination cross her face. Serena comes to stand in front of him and just stares at him like she’s trying to memorize his face. Green eyes look into gray eyes as each try to figure out what the other is thinking. “Khivar has to be stop and he has to pay for what he has done, but I will not play his judge and executor. Others more worthy will judge him and decide his guilt.” As Sebastian starts to speak, Serena holds up her hand and replies “I won’t compromise anymore than that Sebastian.”

Gathering her up in his arms, the two hold onto each tightly for they knew not what they were about to face. Reluctantly pulling away from each other, they clasped hands and started the walk that could be the end of their lives. Walking past her parents, she whispers to herself "I will never forget." Finally, they reached the doors of the ballroom and passed through to start their journey to the room that held the granolith. The closer they got to the room, the more they could feel a charge that held great power in the air. They knew that the granolith was being turned on again and they ran the last steps to get there quicker.

This is it. This is where it all begins and ends.

Squeezing her hand, Sebastian opens the doors and they step in the room together to face whatever is behind those doors.

The first thing they see is the granolith pulsing with power and standing next to it was Khivar. What they saw next was chaos and death. It seemed the two had busy elsewhere.

The smell of burnt flesh penetrated the air.

Serena looks at three figures sprawl on the floor in front of the granolith. One is burnt beyond recognition and the only thing left to identity the poor soul was a belt buckle with a bull engraved on it. Gasping she recognizes the belt buckle, for it is the one she gave Kyle only yesterday as an early Christmas present. Letting go of Sebastian’s hand, she rushes over ignoring Sebastian’s calling at her to stop. She stops in front of what was once her friend Kyle and cries in anguish at what had been done to such a great person.

She turns to look at the two other figures on the floor next to Kyle, and what she sees brings her to her knees. The other two figures are two women, one with long black hair and another with long blonde hair. She had found Liz and Maria. While the two hadn’t been burnt like Kyle, she sees that they had been beaten and tortured. Looking at the torn clothes and the ragged fingernails of one, her gut told her that they had been raped as well.

Silently crying, she ignores what goes on around her and rocks back and forth trying to hold everything in.

Why? Why these three? They’ve never hurt anyone in their lives and this is what happens to them. Khivar is a monster and he’s going to pay for what he did. I’ve lost my whole family in one day and Sebastian thinks that I’m going to let this go. Fuck this. Khivar is going down once and for all, and if I lose my soul, so what it’s only a small thing to lose. He will pay. He will pay!

Unbeknownst to Serena, as she raged silently the granolith glowed even more brightly as it seemed to react to her anger. Taking in the scene of the humans that his Serena considered family, Sebastian knew that she was barely holding her rage back.

Why did he do this? She was right all along. Forgive me, but my father has to be stop. I have to stop him before Serena kills him because she will destroy herself if she does it. I can’t allow that.

Moving to stand in front of his father, he asks the question that been burning on his mind since he woke up. “Why did you do this? Is the power of the granolith worth all this death and destruction? Why? Please tell me why,” he asks Khivar.

He watches as his father turns around and identical green eyes meet, one with pain and regret and the other with surprise and madness. “I thought I told you stay in your room until I called for you,” Khivar asks. “I wanted to be with Serena,” Sebastian replies. Khivar turns to look at her and says “she is so like her mother, she is beauty.” “She is more than beauty, she has courage, intelligence, and the most caring person I know,” Sebastian tells him.

Simply nodding, Khivar turns to look back at the granolith. “Ah, to be in love again,” he says. Angry that he wasn’t answering his questions, Sebastian grabbed hold of his father and turned him around. “Why did you do this?” he asks again. Before Khivar could reply, a figure stepped out from around the granolith and replied “he didn’t kill the little humans, I did.” Sebastian looks at the man and recognized the dirty blonde hair and green eyes, and said with disbelief “Uncle Nicholas.” Nicholas smirked at his nephew and moved to stand next to his brother, Khivar.

TBC?
Last edited by vegas312 on Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell, so please don't sue me. ;)
Summary: Look @ Chapter 1
AN:
I finally got this chapter done, so yay for me. LOL Seriously this chapter is dedicated to my cool beta, Lisa. Thanks girl.*hugs* Also the title of this chapter is the song "In the End" by Linkin Park.

Trude~ I'm glad to see that you're sticking around and your question will be answered soon. Also thanks for leaving me feedback on three boards. *hugs*That's so cool. :)

cardinalgirl~ You're my beta, so you pretty much know all the answers. ;) Thanks for letting me bounce ideas off on you and giving me some great ideas as well.

roswellluver~ As always thanks for leaving feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

roswellfiend~ Yay, a new reader. *does a happy dance* I'm glad that you're enjoying the music selection as well as the story. Hope you like the music selected for this chapter. Thanks again.

cherie~Yeah, Serena is pretty level headed for the moment. Glad that you like her. Hopefully Sebastian will see the light soon. ;)

Angel~Genius, huh? 8) This group is about to get bigger.

Biged~Yay, another new reader. Wow, you're hooked on my story. :shock: Cool. Here's another part for you. ;)

~all thoughts are in italics~

Chapter 4: In the End

“Glad that you could make it to our little soirée,” Nicholas beams at Sebastian.

“A soirée?” Sebastian asks in stunned disbelief. “This isn’t a celebration, this is insanity going crazy.”

Looking offended, Nicholas waves his hand towards the granolith and replies that “This is a celebration of us obtaining our goal. We are finally in control of the granolith and as a result we are the most power beings in the universe.”

At these words, Khivar comes out of his stupor and looks at his younger brother. With an eyebrow raised he turns and asks “Who’s we?”

What does he means 'Who's we?' I know Khivar doesn’t think I’m going to be left out of this. I have as much a right to the granolith as he does. If he thinks, I'm going to be left empty handed then he’s in for a big surprised, Nicholas thought to himself.

“I meant the two of us have now obtained the power of the granolith, and that we will be the most powerful beings in the universe now.”

Khivar moves to stand in front of Nicholas and uses his extra inches of height to intimidate him. He watches as his brother squirms and looks up at him.

He doesn’t think I know about him hating being trapped in a child’s body for forty years. I know all about his weaknesses and his ambitions. Maybe it is time to put him in his place once and for all.

Suddenly Khivar raises his hand and Nicholas is thrown against the granolith. Moving forward Khivar stops in front of Nicholas, and with a flick of his wrist, Nicholas is once again thrown against the granolith. Dropping his hand, he watches with interest as Nicholas slums to the floor.

He’s like a bug that must be squashed with my shoe. He has to remember who’s in charge here. He has to remember that he only lives because of my generosity and that generosity can be taken away.

Groaning, Nicholas slowly sits up and wipes the blood from his mouth. Moving to stand up he finds himself thrown against the granolith again, and when he looks up he finds his brother standing over him.

“Listen to me well, little brother, for I won’t say it again. The granolith is mine and mine only. There is no we when dealing with the granolith, and if you want to live you better remember your place. Do you understand me?”

To make sure Nicholas completely understands his power, Khivar raises his hand and Nicholas starts gasping for air as an invisible force starts to choke him. Nearly suffocating, Nicholas mutters a weak “yeah.”

“I didn’t hear you, can you repeat that again?” Khivar taunts.

Sebastian watches in horror as his father slowly kills his uncle, and he isn’t sure what to do.

I can’t believe this is happening. My whole family has gone insane in the past two hours. I don’t know what’s right or wrong anymore. Still I can’t let these two kill each other; it wouldn’t be right. Then again if I stop this, Serena is going to be angrier than she is and she will try to kill them.

Sighing, he moves forward to stop his father from killing his uncle.

Forgive me Serena.

“Father, you have to stop this before you kill him,” he tells Khivar.

“I won’t kill him if he answers me quickly enough,” Khivar replied. Sebastian moves behind his father and grabs him around the waist to break his concentration. Breaking free of Sebastian’s restraint Khivar turns around and looks at his son with anger blazing in his eyes.

“What the hell are you doing? Do you want to end up like your dear uncle over there?”

“No, I was trying to save what’s left of this family, though I don’t why I’m trying,” Sebastian yells at him.

As the two argue and Nicholas lay gasping for air on the floor, Serena is still sitting on the floor rocking back and forth oblivious to what’s going on on the other side of the room. Just looking at what remained of her friends, she feels such pain and anger at what has happened to them.

This isn’t fair. They didn’t deserve this. Hell, no one deserves to die like this except for him. He will pay for what he has done.

Suddenly she is pulled out of her rant when she feels something hit her on the head. Touching her hair she feels something sticky and wet, and moves her hand to her face to see what was on her hair. She looks at the familiar red substance on her hand and sniffs it to make sure. Sure enough it was blood on her hair.

How the hell did this get on my hair? Wait, it fell from the ceiling, but how did blood end up on the ceiling?

Crawling away from the spot where she sat on the floor, she stands up and looks at the ceiling to see where the blood came from. What she sees is a sight even worst than the one she found on the floor. “No, this isn’t real. It has to be a nightmare. This can’t be happening,” she says to herself. Suddenly she hears someone screams and she covers her ears unaware that the person screaming is her.

“You just can’t go around trying to...” Sebastian starts to say when he hears Serena screaming. Turning around he sees her with her hands over her ears while looking at the ceiling. He looks up to see what has caught her attention and caused her to scream like that. Nearly gagging at what he sees, he quickly turns around to calm his stomach down. He looks at his father to see a satisfied smirk on his face and he knows that his father was the one responsible for what had happened.

“I can’t believe that you did that. What possessed you to do that?” he asks Khivar.

“Well, I can’t take all the credit for this one. Nicholas did give me the idea on how I could do it since we don’t have any crosses on hand,” Khivar tells Sebastian with pleasure.

Nicholas chimes in from the floor, “I got the idea from the history channel. Humans have come up with interesting ways to torture over the centuries.”

Sebastian looks from Khivar to Nicholas with pain and disgust in his eyes and walks away. He stops and looks at them again and replies, “Maybe I should have let the both of you kill each other.” Nicholas just sputters, trying to find a reply and Khivar looks at him with a blank look on his face. Shaking his head, he continues to walk away from them.

Moving to stand in front of Serena he gently wraps her up in his arms and tries to comfort her. “Shush, it will be okay. Just let it all out,” he whispers to her. Finally after what seemed like forever she stops screaming and buries her head in his chest to cry. The two stands there, wrapped in each other’s arms trying to find some comfort while trying to make sense of a world that suddenly seems to have gone mad. Not hearing anymore from Serena, Sebastian looks down to see her toying with the buttons on his torn shirt.

I hope she’s okay. Well, as okay as she can be after everything that has happened.

Pulling away from him, she stands on her toes and gives him a shy kiss on the cheek.

“What was that for?” he asks.

“For just being you,” she tells him.

Gathering her courage, she looks up at the ceiling to deal with the reality of what had happened to the rest of her friends. Sebastian moves in front of her, temporarily blocking her view and says to her, “You don’t have to do this.”

“I know, but I want to do this. Not only for myself, but for them as well. They earned my respect in life and they still have it in death,” she tells him earnestly. Nodding he moves out of her way to let her pay her respect. She takes a deep breath and looks back up at the ceiling to see what had become of her friends Max and Michael.

Max and Michael are on the ceiling next to each other. Both have been beaten badly and there are burn marks on both. Looking closely, she sees that Max’s right hand had been burned even worst than any other part of his body.

Why burn his right hand? Oh my Buddha, that’s the hand where the seal is supposed to be. Shit, Khivar has to have the mark if he’s able to use the granolith at full capacity. That means he’s a hundred times more powerful than what he was.

She looks towards Michael and sees that his eyes have been burned shut. Barely keeping her stomach from heaving what little she ate that day, she keeps looking. Both Max and Michael’s legs are tied and what is really disturbing is that their arms are stretch wide open with their hands nailed to the ceiling.

How did he get them nailed to the ceiling? He must have used the granolith’s powers to do so. He’s crazier than I thought.

Becoming angrier than she was, she turns to Khivar and lets out a blast. Khivar had been waiting for something like this from her, so he was prepared and threw up a shield. Dropping his shield he starts walking towards her, and says “Aw, the little princess is mad at me,” in a baby voice. Serena throws up her hand ready to throw another blast when Sebastian grabs her. “Let me go, so I can blast him back to hell,” she yells at him while struggling to get free.

“Serena stop, he wants you to wear yourself out, so that you will be too tired to defend yourself,” he tells her. Khivar applauds the couple and turns to his son. “It’s good to know that you’ve learned something, but really let her go so I can show her who’s really in charge here.”

“I will kill you, you arrogant bastard,” she yells at him.

“Really, such language, what would your mother say if she was here?” he asks her with fake concern.

“My mother would say the same,” she told him.

“Yes, I can see your mother saying that. For such a beautiful woman she could be really common, but what can one expect from a human?” he sneers at her. “Now your father would understand and appreciate what I have done. I’ve done what others have only dreamed of and whispered in secret. I have the seal to control the granolith, thanks to that idiot Zan or Max, or whatever he called himself.” Shaking his head he says, “Did he really think that I was going to let his little friends go because he gave me the seal? Then again, I guess he did. Oh well, he knows now.”

Laughing, he points at Michael and sighs. “He was a little angry at what Nicholas did to his little wife. Ah, the great Rath brought to his knees by his feelings for a woman. Who would have ever thought it? Since I didn’t want him to suffer seeing his little woman like that I thought blinding him would be a good thing.”

Sebastian looks down at Serena and knows that when he releases her she’s going to kill his father and uncle without mercy. Not sure what to do, he waits to see what Serena thinks about his father’s little speech. He didn’t have long to wait because as soon as Khivar finished gloating she spoke. “Who knew one person could be completely full of bullshit? My father was nothing like you and you should get down on your knees praying that you can be a tenth of the man he was. Oh yeah, I’m going to kill you, and it won’t be quick either.”

Khivar starts laughing and tries to speak, but he continues to laugh even more. Wiping imaginary tears away, he tells her, “My dear, you have been misinformed about your father. Why, I remember in our younger years, your father was called Larek the destroyer because he destroyed anyone and anything that got in his way. Larek could be quite ruthless when he wanted to be, and come to think of it, I remember this one time he burned an entire village when they wouldn’t pay him the respect he thought the deserved. He changed when he abducted your little mother. Hmm, the things that poor man went through trying to tame your mother.”

“You’re a liar. My father never burned a village down for something that vain, and he did not abduct my mother. Everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie and soon you’re going to take it all back. Justice will be served once and for all. Your greed has gotten out of hand and too many people have died for something they don’t even know about.”

“Justice. Please. You humans are always screaming for justice and rights. You’re even worst than the peasants. Now Sebastian, let your little girlfriend go so I can teach her a lesson.”

“Yeah Sebastian, let me go so I can teach the imposter king a lesson.”

“Imposter? Why you little bitch, I'll show you who’s an imposter!”

Sebastian looks between his father and the woman he believed to be his soul mate, and he did the only thing that he could do. He releases Serena, and before she could run towards his father he grabbed her hand, and said “We do this together.” Facing his father he holds up one hand, prepared to blast if necessary.

Shocked at his son’s actions, Khivar asks “You would do this to your own father? I have taken care of you for eighteen years and have given you everything, and this is how you repay me. You side with this bitch over me, your flesh and blood.” Scoffing he says, “I thought family meant everything to you, but I can see it doesn’t mean as much as I thought. Nicholas, get up here and teach your nephew a lesson, while I take out his girlfriend there.”

Nicholas moves to stand next to Khivar and smirks at his nephew. “Really, what would you’re mother say about you fighting your father,” he asks him.

Before Sebastian can answer, an icy voice asks “What about his mother?” Everyone turns to see a woman with long blonde hair and brown eyes standing in the doorway. “Well, what’s going on?” the woman demands.

“Mother,” whispers Sebastian.

Khivar nervously swallows. “Hello Vilandra, it’s good of you to join us.”

Meanwhile, a warship hovers over the atmosphere of Antar with the beings inside wondering what was going on inside the palace. Shape-shifters and humans and beings that no one could really describe ran across the decks to await the captain’s orders. Those in charge file into the command room, waiting to give an update to the captain and to try to explain what they had read on their sensors two hours ago. Nervously chatting among themselves until the captain arrived, many wondered if what had appeared on their sensors was the power of the granolith, and if so were there any still alive at the palace.

Suddenly the doors swish open to reveal two beings, one a shape-shifter and the other a human. All stood as the captain and his second arrive, and they wait until the captain is seated before sitting back down.

“Have we heard anything from the royals or Lord Larek and his family?” the shape-shifter asked.

“No, Captain Steven, we haven’t heard anything from anyone in the last two hours,” a man called out.

“Has anyone identified the surge of power we felt two hours ago?” Captain Steven asks the room in general. The room went silent as no one wanted to voice their opinion that the granolith had been used. Captain Steven stares at his men, trying to find someone who would answer his question and his eyes land on one of the younger lieutenants.

“Lieutenant Owen, please tell me your opinion as to what caused the surge of power earlier today?” he asks him.

Lt. Owen nervously swallows as everyone focuses their attention on him. “Well sir, I believe that the energy that the computers read earlier was caused by the granolith. From what little I know about the granolith, it’s the only thing that could have given off that much power.” Happy that he’s done, he gratefully sits back down when Captain Steven dismisses him.

“Does everyone agree with Lt. Owen about the granolith being the cause?” Capt. Steven asks. Everyone nods their agreement, and now he asks another question that has been troubling him ever since they lost contact with everyone two hours ago. “Have we at least located everyone’s position in the palace?” he asks. Again he was met with silence until the beeping noise of the communicator cut through. Leaning forward he turns on the communicator and barks, “Yeah.”

“Captain we’ve pinpointed the location of Serena although we’re having a problem locating the others,” said the voice over the communicator.

“We’ll be there in a second, so prepare the transporter,” replied Capt. Steven.

“Yes sir,” the voice answered.

Turning off the communicator, he turns to look at his second and raises an eyebrow. “You ready to go find out what has happened to our friends?”

“Beam me up Scotty,” the second told him.

Standing up, he dismisses everyone in the command room and after everyone left as the two prepare to head to the transporter. “So, do you think Serena left any ass for us to kick or do you think she kicked it all?” the second asks jokingly.

Laughing, the captain replied, “I have taught her well.”

Back at the palace, everyone is frozen as they look at Vilandra standing in the doorway. Impatient that no one is answering her, she walks further into the room and stops when she sees Liz, Maria and Kyle on the floor, or rather what’s left of them.

Shocked at what has happen to those she kind of knew, she sees drops of blood on the floor, and looks up only to see the lifeless bodies of Max and Michael. Beyond angry, she turns to Khivar and reminds him coldly of his promise. “You said that you wouldn’t hurt them. You said you just wanted the seal that Max had and that you wouldn’t kill them.”

Moving to take her arm, Khivar charmingly smiles at her and says, “My dear, don’t worry your pretty little head about this. Why don’t you go back to our room and relax a little? Doesn’t that sound like a good plan to you?”

She pulls her arm out of his grip and faces him. “I almost forgot why I came back to Antar to begin with,” she tells him. Seeing the confused look on his face, she continues. “I got caught up in the illusion of finally having a family, but now I remember why I’m really here.” Pointing her finger at Sebastian, she says, “I came to save my son from becoming like you and to give you something I’ve been waiting to do for fifty years.”

Curious now, he asks her, “What have you been waiting to give me for fifty years, my dear?”

“This,” she yells before raising her hand to throw most of her power at Khivar. The others look on in shock as Vilandra throws Khivar against the granolith and watch as she gathers more power to throw at him.

Well, I wonder how he likes being tossed like a rag doll, Nicholas thought gleefully.

Khivar stands up and snarls to Nicholas, “Get rid of the bitch once and for all.”

Nicholas moves towards Vilandra with a Cheshire cat smile on his face and leers at her. “Oh, the things I have planned for you.”

“I have something for you too, you sick bastard” she tells him coldly.

Nicholas throws his power at her and she blocks it.

“Is that all you got little man?” she taunts. Enraged, he runs at her and tackles her to the floor before she can do anything.

Sebastian starts to move towards them when he notices his father drawing energy from the granolith. He runs to stop his father when his father turns towards Nicholas and Vilandra and releases the power from the granolith. Serena, seeing what is about to happen, releases her shield to protect Vilandra and watches in horror as the granolith’s power passes through it.

As the granolith’s power gets ready to hit Vilandra and Nicholas another shield pops up and takes the full impact of the granolith’s energy, barely saving their lives. Vilandra looks up to thank whoever saved her and sees a shape shifter, and she tells him, “Thank you.”

He nods and motions towards a person behind her and says, “His shield took most of the impact.” She turns to look behind her and blinks when she sees the human behind her.

Standing behind her was a human with brown hair and brown eyes that were familiar to her.

“Who the hell is...?” Khivar starts to ask.

“What the hell? You’re dead?” Nicholas shouts.

“Serena, do you know them?” Sebastian asks her, as he notices her smiling at the two strangers.

Nodding, she looks, happy that her two friends have arrived and she replies, “Yes. That’s my protector Steven and the other guy is…”

“Alex,” Vilandra whispers in shock.

The lanky teenager she once knew was gone, and in his place stood a man who seemed to be weary of the world. Looking at the woman that he’d loved as long as he can remember, he holds a hand out to her and says, “Hello, Isabel. It’s been awhile.”
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Title: Nothing at all
Rating: R
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell, so please don't sue me. ;)
Summary: Look @ chapter 1
Setting: Antar, December 25, 2004
AN: This is dedicated to everyone reading this story and a special shout out to Lisa for putting up with me and my crazy computer. LOL. Thanks everyone. :)
Biged~
Serena and Sebastian are both 20 years old. Thanks for reading and yeah I'm glad that Alex is alive too.
roswellfiend~Look at chapter 3 to see what happened to Liz, Maria, and Kyle. They were killed by Nicholas. Also we'll see why Isabel ended up with Khivar in the next few chapters.
Trude~Sebastian is 20 years old and the time is December 25, 2004. We'll see in the backstory as to how the gang ended up on Antar.
cardinalgirl~Complicated is a good thing right? ;) Also congrats on the wins. :)
cherie~Sorry about the description but I wanted to get across Khivar's willingness to get what he wants namely the granolith. Thanks for reading and congrats on the wins. :)
roswellluver~As always thanks for reading. :)
AN 2:The songs for this chapter are: Where You Are by Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey. Goodbye to You by Michelle Branch. Whisper by Evanscence. Numb by Linkin Park. My Immortal by Evanscence.

Chapter 5: Goodbye to You/Whisper

“Alex” Vilandra whispers in shock.

No longer the lanky teenager she knew, in his place stood a man who seemed weary of the world. Holding one hand out to her, he says, “Hello Isabel. It’s been awhile.”

No, this person can’t be Alex. I saw his body. I saw his grave. Hell, I even danced at his grave. He can’t be Alex because he wouldn’t have left me. Not like that. He can’t be Alex because Alex died three years ago.

He watches her as she tries to deal with the reality of him being alive. It’s been three years since they were face to face, and he was determined not to let their time together be wasted. He looks at the woman before him who was no longer the vulnerable ice princess he knew. Rather, she was now a queen of a whole planet, and a mother as well. It still boggled his mind that she was a mother, and honestly he still wasn’t sure how she was a mother to a 20 year-old when she herself was only 21.

Alien technology is way more advance than what we have back home. Heck, I think the i-pod is the coolest thing we have, and they discovered something similar sixty years ago. Then again if they could clone their rulers some fifty years ago, they can pretty much do anything.

Coming out of his musings, he glances back at the woman in front of him. Waiting patiently for her to take his hand, he takes a moment to look her at her and realizes that she is still as beautiful, maybe even more so. It wasn’t her physical beauty that he meant, although it didn’t hurt, rather it was the beauty of her soul. It was the person inside that had always held his interest and always would.

Even now it wasn’t her beauty that drew him. As always, it was what was inside her that caught his heart. He'd known when they first met that she had a beautiful soul, and it still was beautiful despite the circumstances at the moment. He continues to hold his hand out in hope that she will take it.

She looks at the hand in front of her and looks up to meet the blue eyes that stare at her. The look in his eyes nearly broke her, for they held such hope and love that she nearly wept. It was like he had looked into her soul and approved of what he saw. Only Alex had ever looked in her eyes like that. Of course, it had only been a rare moment when he would look her in the eyes like that. Her Alex had been shy, while the man standing before her seemed to carry an air of authority around him. His very presence radiated his confidence and his attitude was that of someone who was used to others obeying him.

He looks so different with his hair cut short, and he’s gained some muscle as well. Hmm, he kind of reminds me of Keanu Reeves in that movie Speed before he went all mystical Neo.

Making a quick decision, she leans forward and grasps his hand as he helps her up from the floor. Stumbling as she stands, he quickly catches her and pulls her closer to him. She wraps her arms around his neck for support and looks at him in wonder as she thinks of a way to ask the questions that have burned in her mind since she saw him. “Alex, why did you leave me?” she blurts out.

Oh God, that’s not the question I wanted to ask first although I would love to know the answer to that question dearly.

“I mean where have you been, and how did you end up here?” she asks.

“Isabel, I would love nothing more than to answer your questions, but right now isn’t a good time,” he tells her.

Remembering where they were and the situation at hand, she blushes and ducks her head in embarrassment. Before Alex can say anything, a voice interrupts him.

“Well, isn’t this cozy? My wife with her arms wrapped around another man,” Khivar says. “Aren’t you going to introduce me to your little friend there, Vilandra ? No, that’s okay, because if I’m not mistaken that’s Mr. Whitman there.”

Vilandra looks at him in shock and Khivar chuckles at her, “Really my dear, you didn’t think that I knew about all the men in your life? What I don’t understand is how Mr. Whitman right there is alive when I gave Nicholas specified orders to kill him.”

Everyone gasps in shock at what they just heard and Vilandra asks Khivar, “What are you talking about? Tess killed Alex, not Nicholas.”

Tooting at her, he waves a finger at her and replies, “My dear, nothing is as simple as you think. I had Nicholas mindwarp Tess to help us get the granolith, and as a bonus he suggested to her that she kill Mr. Whitman if he got in the way.”

“You bastard,” Vilandra yells at him and goes to attack him before Alex pulls her back.

“Isabel, calm down,” Alex tells her.

“I will not calm down, that bastard had Tess kill you and do all those other things so that he could get the granolith. Let me go so I can show him how much I think of him.”

Khivar watches in amusement and says, “Really, such devotion to him now that he’s alive, but he wasn’t completely in the grave when you married Mr. Ramirez, now was he?”

Vilandra flushes in shame and Alex seeing what was going on whispers to her, “I think we both know that I loved you.”

Startled by the familiar words that he had whispered to her long ago, she looks at him and says, “That was you wasn’t it?”

“I wanted to say goodbye, but I wasn’t sure how, then Serena told me that I could astral project myself to you,” he tells her.

“Oh Alex, I wish that…“ she starts to say when Alex hushes her.

“I know, me too.”

Tired of seeing this sick display of affection between his wife and the human, Khivar turns to Nicholas and says, “If you want to redeem yourself, I suggest you finish him off now.”

Nicholas, eager to gain some good points in his brother’s eyes, starts towards Alex and Vilandra. “Well, it looks like I get to finish all the annoying humans once and for all,” he taunts Alex. “I got such pleasure from your little friends when they begged me to end their lives, but I’ll enjoy killing you more than them,” Nicholas smirks.

Beyond angry at what had happened to his friends and the whole situation, Alex moves away from Vilandra and starts towards Nicholas when she pulls him back. Looking at her he says, “I have to do this Isabel, please understand.”

“I know, but if anyone is going to kill Nicholas for hurting our friends and family it’s going to be me,” she tells him.

“Isabel, no. I’m going to do this,” he tells her.

“No. I’m going to kill him, and that’s that. No one messes with my family and friends.”

As the two argued about who was going to kill Nicholas, Serena moved away from Sebastian to move in Nicholas’s path. Nicholas, seeing who was in his path smirks at her and says, “Well, look what’s in my path. A little half-breed who my brother wants dead, and it seems like I’m going to be able to oblige him in this.”

Raising one eyebrow at him, Serena replies, “Really? Let’s see what you got, shall we?”

As the two prepared to fight, Khivar notices them and smiles at the present the gods surely have given him and thought, Two for the price of one. He holds his right hand up and the granolith hums in response to the command. Energy is released and rushes towards its target, and the others in the room look on in horror as they realized what is happening.

“Serena, watch out,” Sebastian shouts. Too late. The energy hits both Serena and Nicholas, and as the blue light engulf the two, a tattoo of sorts gleams briefly on Serena’s hand. Finally the light dims and the two were sprawled out on the floor.

“Serena,” Sebastian screams over and over as he rushes over to her.

“Oh God, how he could do that,” Vilandra mutters to Alex. Alex glazes angrily at Khivar, and Steven looks stunned at the turn of events.

Sebastian gathers Serena in his arms and rocks back and forth with her. “No, you can’t be dead. Please just wake up and look me in the eyes,” he whispers in her hair.

Angry that Sebastian was making a fool of himself, Khivar says, “Really, it’s for the best that she’s dead. I mean really, there are other girls out here for you.”

Barely holding Alex and Steven back from going over to strangle him, Vilandra replies, “He’s in love with her you idiot. Can’t you understand that? Oh that’s right, you wouldn’t know love if it bit you in the ass.”

A tick starts by Khivar’s right eye and he looks at her in disgust. “Yes, we all know that you know about love my dear. You’ve loved so many men in your lifetime—or is it two lifetimes?”

Sebastian gently lays Serena back down and tells Khivar coldly, “Don’t talk about my mother like that.”

“First you chose that half-breed over me and now you chose that slut over me as well?” he says as he points to Vilandra. “I’m your family, and you chose these strangers over me, your father. Your dear mother, if you can call her that, didn’t have anything to do with you being born or raised. I created you. I raised you. I made you who you are. I did this, not anyone else. I’m your family, and you would do well to remember that.”

Sebastian moved to stand in front of his father and looked him in his eyes. “Thank you for taking care of me for eighteen years. Thank you for leaving me with virtual strangers for two years. Thank you for killing the only woman I love. Thank you for destroying so many people lives. Thank you for becoming a person I don’t even understand anymore.” With those words, he raised his hand and stood ready in battle stance.

Looking at his son with regret in his eyes he says, “So this is your choice. It’s the wrong one, but it’s your decision.” Touching one hand to the granolith and drawing power, he holds up his hand ready to blast. “I’m sorry that I have to do this, but this is for your own good.” Suddenly Khivar turns and releases a series of blasts towards the others.

As the granolith’s power streaks towards them, Alex and Steven quickly throw up their shields to protect them while Vilandra adds her powers to strengthen the shields. Horrified at what was going on, Sebastian could look on as the granolith’s power hit the shields. The shields were no match for the granolith, and it broke through the first one and started towards the second one. Knowing that these were their last minutes, Vilandra turned to Alex and said, “I’m glad that I’m here with you.”

"I’m glad that I’m here with you too,” Alex told her.

Rolling his eyes at the sentiment Steven yells to Alex, “You might as well kiss the woman since this is our last moments.”

“What?” Alex asks in shock.

“Alex, our shields are down to one and any minute it’s going to go down, so you might as well make the most of our last minutes.”

“We can still make it if we add our remaining powers to the shield.”

“No, we can’t. We are using our remaining powers. Well, I know I am, and so is Vilandra if I’m not mistaken.”

“He’s right. I don’t think I have anything left, and I’m barely holding on right now,” Vilandra tells them.

“So what, you want us to just give up now because we’re all a little tired? Is that what you’re saying?” Alex angrily asks.

Sighing at the stubbornness of his second in command and his best friend, Steven replies, “No, I’m not saying we should give up, but what I am telling you are the facts as to what is about to happen.”

He watches as Alex realizes the truth of his statement and sees acceptance on his face. Turning to Steven, he asks “Can you hold the shield for a second by yourself?”

“Please, do you know who you are talking to here?” Steven scoffs.

“Yeah, that’s why I’m asking if you can hold the shield by yourself,” Alex repeats, with amusement on his face.

“Ha, ha, you should take your act on the road. Not! Anyway, go ahead and do what you want to do. Excuse me, what you’ve been talking about for three years now,” Steven smirks at him.

Amazed that he was actually blushing, he sees Vilandra looking at him with one eyebrow raised in question.

“Three years huh?” she teases.

“More like forever actually,” he honestly replies.

“Alex, I...” she starts to speak but is hushed by him putting a finger on her lips.

“Isabel, let’s make the most of our second, shall we?” he whispers to her.

Moving his finger away from her lips, he leans down and gently kisses her. Tears roll down her cheeks as she knows that these are their last moments together and that they’ve been cheated out of three years together. Pulling away, he wipes her tears away and smiles at her. She smiles back at him through her tears and grabs hold of his hand, and with that they both turn back towards the battle that was at hand. Standing next to Steven, they raised their hands, prepared to make their last stand.

Steven, realizing they were back says, “I hope the two of you made the most of it, because this is it.”

Vilandra replies, “Yes, we did. Now let’s give Khivar something to remember us by.” With those words, Steven dropped the shield and the three combined their remaining energy and met the power of the granolith head-on so to speak.

“No…” Sebastian shouted as he realized what the three intended to do. He watched as the blue light engulfed them, and when the light dimmed the three were no more. Running over to where they had fallen, he drops to his knees and starts to check for pulses. He finds nothing, and cries as he sees that the mother he barely knew was holding hands with Alex.

Even in death they hold onto each other. I wish I could have gotten to know her better. That was my own fault, instead of listening to my father’s lies I should have listened to what my heart told me.

Lost in grief, he doesn’t hear the footsteps behind him and is startled when he feels a hand touching his shoulder. Tensing when he realizes who it is behind him, he pulls away from his father and stands up. Khivar takes a step towards him and stops when Sebastian steps away from him. Hurt that his son would deliberately step away from him and would grieve for his mother, he angrily replies “I’m glad that the slut is dead. She was nothing like the Vilandra I knew. Anyway, now things can go back to normal. It’s just you and me against the world like it has always been.”

In disbelief Sebastian asks, “Normal. How the fuck do you call this normal? Everyone is dead and all you can say is that I’m glad that things are normal again. I don’t believe you. No, I do believe you. Serena was right, you’ve lost your mind.”

Barely holding onto his temper, Khivar replies, “I’ve never taught you to use such language. And look at you. You’ve changed, and now you would raise your hands against me. That girl did this to you and I will tell you I’m glad that I killed her,” he spats out.

Beyond angry and not even caring, Sebastian yells back at him, “I wish you weren’t my father. I wish I’d never been born.”

Eyes glowing with anger, Khivar, consumed with rage, throws up his hand, and the granolith reacts and releases energy towards Sebastian. Realizing what he has done, Khivar tries to control the direction of the energy, but it is too late as the blue light races towards Sebastian. As the blue light gets ready to hit Sebastian, a white light engulfs him. The blue light hits the white light full force and Khivar watches as the power of the granolith rams into the unknown white light. The two lights tangle and explode in a shower of sky blue lights around Sebastian. Waving the smoke and debris away, Sebastian checks himself to make sure that anything wasn't damaged.

Well at least I’m not hurt except that the ends of my hair are burnt a little. I seem to be okay, but what the hell was that white light thing that saved me?

Feeling something tingling at the back of his mind, he looks up and suddenly he starts smiling. Khivar, thinking all is well with his son starts moving towards him when Sebastian says with joy, “Serena.”

Hate coursed through his veins as he heard the name of the person that had come between his son and him. He watches as his son forgets that he is still there and moves towards Serena. “I won’t let her take him away from me again. No, I’ll kill her again and again if I have to,” he mutters to himself.

Unable to believe that she had survived, Sebastian takes her in his arms and holds her tight. Barely holding on, she moves to tighten her hold and mutters “I didn’t want to leave you by yourself. I promised you that we would do this together, and we will.”

He mutters in her hair urgently, “Promise me that you won’t do anything like that again. No more rushing off to face my father or any other enemies, okay?”

There is silence for a minute and then she finally replies quietly, “Okay. “

Resting her head on his chest for a few seconds of rest, the two stay together like that for a few precious seconds before pulling away to face Khivar.

“Well, it looks like you survived your brush with death my dear,” Khivar states.

“No thanks to you,” she replies coldly.

“My dear, I didn’t know that you would be standing there when I threw that energy out.”

“Really? Because I could have sworn that you pointed the blast directly towards Nicholas and me.”

Khivar smiles charmingly at her and says, “Well, I wanted to get rid of little Nicky there and you just happened to be in the way. You see, he thought that he was going to be my partner in taking over the universe, but alas he was mistaken. I’ve already picked my partner for this adventure, and Sebastian was my first choice until you came along and ruined things.”

“You’re evil,” she tells him.

He smiles that charming smile again and says, “No my dear, evil is when you do things no one else wants to do, but know are necessary.” With those words he quickly releases the granolith’s energy towards her.

Seeing what was about to happen, Sebastian pushes her out of the way before she can do anything. The granolith’s energy hits Sebastian and knocks him down as Serena and Khivar looks on in horror. Again, the blue light dims, and then Sebastian is no more than a memory.

Moving to where Sebastian laid, Serena drops to her knees and shakes him. “You promised that we would do this together. Why would you push yourself in front of me? Why did you do that? You promised!” she yells at him.

Suddenly she is slammed into a wall, and after sliding down the wall, she sees Khivar standing over her. Using his powers, he throws her against the wall again, and yells at her, “You did this. If it wasn’t for you my son would still be alive. But no, you had to turn him against me. I don’t care what it takes, but you will know my pain.” He raises his hand again and throws some power of the granolith at her. He watches with interest as she throws up her shield and smiles with satisfaction as the blue light engulfs her. The blue light dims and there she stands with her hair blowing around her face and her hand raised towards him. Stunned by this new development, he snarls at her, “What the hell does it take to kill you?”

“Apparently more than anything you have,” she taunts him.

“Oh, let’s see, shall we? You’re going to die once and for all.” Gathering more of the granolith’s power, he throws blue fire at her. The fire catches her dress and eagerly spreads all over her.

Finally. The interloper is dead once and for all. Ah, if only Sebastian was here to see my final glory. Despite losing my son, life is good because I now control the universe and no one will look down at me. Everything is mine. The granolith is mine. No one can stop me.

Unbeknown to him, the fire consuming Serena had become an inferno and was no longer spreading but being controlled.

Ready to dance on her dead body, Khivar snaps out of his thoughts only to see a blue blaze come towards him. Not moving as quickly as he could, the fire catches on him and eagerly explores its new home. Screaming in frustration and pain, he puts the fire out before he suffered any permanent damage. “What the hell are you? I don’t understand why you live when others are dead. Who are you?” he rages at her.

“I am a daughter. I am a friend. I am a sister. I am a soul mate. I am justice. I am death. I am many things. And today, I am vengeance.”

Laughing at her dramatics, he tells her, “Well then, if you want to kill me let’s get it on. Oh wait, how do they say it on that primitive planet? Oh yes now I remember. Bring it.”

The two face each other and silently waited for the other to make a move. Like an old western, the two stood ready to fight, but waiting until the proper movement occurred. While there was no tumbleweed to cross in front of them, or even a crowd of spectators screaming for justice or death, the two stood like two cowboys ready to duke it out.

Finally, Khivar moved and shot energy at Serena and she deflected most of it. Barely sweating she shoots back at Khivar and he moves in the neck of time before the energy hit him. The two go on battling with each other, deflecting the other’s energy throws, and it continues liked this for awhile. Finally, the two stopped and looked at each other, not sure what to do, but knowing that there will be no draw or truce.

Straightening up, Khivar smiles at her and says, “It seems that you’re a little more powerful than I thought, even when I increase my powers with energy from the granolith. You know, we don’t have to be enemies, my dear. We can be partners in this new world order if you like. It would be such fun, don’t you think?”

Still standing in battle mode with one hand raised, she looks at him in disbelief. “Are you completely crazy? No wait, I take that back, you are completely crazy. I wouldn’t be your partner if you paid me to.”

The smile slips off Khivar's face at her words, and he asks her, “What exactly do you want then, my dear? I mean, if Sebastian was still alive he would want you to join me.”

“First, I want you to stop calling me "my dear." Second, Sebastian died trying to protect me from you. There’s no way in the world he want me to join you. Third, I want you to go back to the hell you came from.”

“My dear, I’ve been there, done that, and have the t-shirt to prove it. Now it seems that we are at an impasse of sorts, but I have just the solution for that.” He raises his right hand and as the royal seal gleams on his hand, the granolith glows fiercely, awaiting a command. “Are you sure that you won’t change your mind about joining me?”

She smiles at him and simply says, “No.”

“Well it’s your death, so be it.” The royal seal on his hand gleams again, and the granolith releases its energy towards Serena, only to stop in midair. “What the hell is going on?” Again the royal seal gleams on his hand as he commands the granolith to attack, but still its energy just froze in midair. In disbelief, he looks at Serena standing there with her right hand held up with what looked like a royal seal gleaming on her hand. “That’s not possible. There is only one royal seal and I have it. How did you end of up with a royal seal?”

“You forget that the granolith was a gift from my family ages ago when all was quiet in the universe. Both Zan’s and my family shared the granolith for many centuries as a way to keep one family from growing too powerful. The granolith would go to whichever family leader would have the royal seal on his or her hand. There never has been a time when both families had someone with a royal seal, and strangely enough it was this time that it has happened.”

“Really? I find that interesting. I mean, if you had the seal all this time why not use it to save your family and friends? You could have stopped the granolith when it hit the ballroom, killing all those people and your parents, but you did nothing. Again, you could have saved your friends when I released the power of the granolith, but again, you did nothing to save them. Talking about evil, my dear, I bow down to you for your manipulations. How do you feel knowing that you could have saved them all and yet you did nothing?”

Could I have saved them? Did I fail them in not using the seal? Oh God, it’s all my fault.

Guilt assaulted her, and her thoughts were further consumed as to the different scenarios as to how she could have saved them. While she was lost in her thoughts, Khivar noticed the power of the granolith moving again, and he realizes that she is not controlling it at the moment.

I finally have her where I want her. There is no one left to sacrifice themselves for her.

Silently commanding the granolith to do his bidding, it started to flow at Serena with increasing speed. “Goodbye my dear, it’s been a joy, really. No, I take that back. It’s a pleasure to finally kill you,” Khivar says sweetly.

Coming out of her thoughts at his words, she sees the energy headed for her and she rushes to command the granolith. The energy slowly starts to stop and Khivar, cursing, commands the granolith to continue. The two stood facing each other with energy trapped between them and they looked at one another in acknowledgement that this would be it. Both gathering their powers called upon the granolith to do their bidding, and the blue light gleamed brighter and brighter.

I will not lose! This girl will not defeat me. The granolith is mine! Mine!!

I’m so tired. I don’t think I can win. I’m so sorry guys. This is my entire fault.

With tears rolling down her face, she starts to weaken and fells the shift in power as the energy starts towards her. Realizing that she is losing strength, Khivar taunts at her, “Prepare to join your little friends. You’re even more pitiful than Zan when he gave me this seal to save his so called friends.”

Anger consumed her at his words, as she remembers how her friends died. Gathering her powers together, she calls upon the granolith and stops the energy flowing towards her. “Aw look, the little princess is trying to get back in the game. But you’re too late to win this,” he snarls at her.

“It’s never too late,” she tells him.

The granolith glowed brightly as it tried to do both of their commands, and its energy bounced between the two. Knowing that she didn’t have too much time, she uses a power that she rarely used, and she starts a mindwarp.

Suddenly Khivar hears a voice that is familiar whisper, “Father please, you have to stop before all is lost.”

He looks at the young man in front of him and he says in shock, “Sebastian. Son, I thought you were dead. I don’t understand.” With those words, he knows that he has been tricked and sure enough, when he looks up, the power of the granolith hits him full force. Finally having a place to go, the granolith’s energy consumes him eagerly, until there isn’t anything left. The granolith’s energy dies down, and Serena walks over to where Khivar lays, barely alive.

Opening his eyes, he looks at her and whispers, “You tricked me.”

Nodding her head she replies, “I did what was necessary.”

He tries to laugh, but blood comes out and he stutters his last words. “We are more alike than you know.”

She moves to close his eyes and whispers, “We’re nothing alike.”

Standing, she walks around the room and looks at the destruction that had been caused because of the granolith. Her feet bring her to the granolith and she leans against it as she realizes that she is the only one left alive.

What am I going to do? Everyone’s dead and I’m all alone. I don’t want this responsibility. I don’t want to be alone. I want my family and friends back. What I wouldn’t give to hear Maria and Michael argue one more time. I would love to be able to teach Kyle more of my people’s language and have him try to explain Buddha to me. I would love to see Max and Liz just doing their whole soul mate, stare-in-my-eyes thing. I would love to argue philosophy with Steven again. I would love to sing once more with Alex. I would love to have gotten to know Isabel. I would love just sitting quietly with Sebastian again. I would love just talking with my dad and baking cookies with my mom again. God, what I wouldn’t give just to have all them back.

As she sits sobbing, the granolith gleams brighter and brighter for each tear that falls. She is so grief-stricken, she fails to notice the silver light that covers her from head to toe.

You can change it. You can fix this. Your friends and family will be alive. None of this will have ever happened. You can make destiny what you want it to be.

Startled out of her grief by the words that whispered in her mind, she looks at the silver light that bathes her. “Who said that?” she asks.

Come closer and you will be given the world.

“Who the hell said that?” she yells. Turning, she looks at the granolith as it gleams at her.

Come. Don’t you want to save your family? Come and see all that you can do.

“It's you isn’t it?” she asks the granolith. In response, the granolith starts humming, and Serena touches the granolith with one thought in her mind. “What can it hurt?”

Energy flows through her, and the next thing she knows is in a room covered in silver and black, with gold writing covering the walls.

“Where am I?” she asks. “Where am I?”

“You are neither here nor there. Rather, you are between both worlds,” a voice says behind her.

Startled, she turns and sees a woman with silver hair and gray eyes staring at her.

“Who are you?" she asked. "What do you mean both worlds?”

TBC?
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Nothing at All

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell. Some of the dialect below is from the eppy "EOTW" and does not belong to me. Also one of the scenes below is inspired by LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring.

Dedication: This is dedicated to my beta Lisa aka cardinalgirl for working on this for what two days. Now that's dedicated and thanks for the late night chats and the encouragement. You're like Felix to my Oscar or am I Felix since I do so much whining. Anyway thanks and thanks to everyone reading this as well. *hugs to you all*

AN: I found this chapter to be difficult to write as I wasn't sure how much info to give out. Some of the questions asked will be answered and I'm sure this part will bring up more. ;) Also this chapter is long so prepare to settle in for awhile. This chapter has been broken into two parts.
Songs: My Immortal by Evanescence. Somewhere I belong by Linkin Park. Dangerously in Love by Beyonce, Imaginary by Evanescence

AN2: Biged~
Glad that you liked the last chapter. ;)
roswellluver~As always thanks for reading and let's hope Serena's journey will be safe.
Trude~Your questions will be answered soon. ;)
cherie~Thanks. Hope you like this first part of chapter 6 b/c I'm not too sure about. Let me know what you think.
FallenMagic/Rida~ *hugs* So glad that you finally got a chance to read my little story. I see that you have a lot of questions and all I can say is be patient young grasshopper. LOL Seriously the answers are coming soon. :)
Cardinalgirl/Lisa~ Thanks for bumping this for me. I was totally looking for on the last page. LOL. Hmm, you don't think Serena should go into the light huh? Well maybe she should listen to you, but then again you already know what is going to happen. As always thank you girl. *hugs*

Chapter Six: Imaginary

“Where am I?” she shouts. “Where am I?”

“You are neither there nor here. Rather, you are between both worlds.”

Startled at hearing a voice that wasn’t her own, she turns to look behind her. She sees a woman walking towards her with long silver hair and intense gray eyes. Not sure who this woman is, Serena raises her hand in front of her, ready to defend herself if necessary. “Who are you, and what do you mean between both worlds?” she asks.

Holding her hands out in the age old symbol of peace, the woman stops inches away from Serena and says, “Welcome Serena, daughter of Larek. I hope your journey was pleasant. I am Morganna, protector of the granolith and all who bear its symbol. As to where you are, you are neither on Antar or inside the granolith. Rather, you are in a dimension between your world and mine.”

Still holding her hand out in front of her, Serena says, “What do you mean your world, and why did I end up here?"

Sighing at the stubbornness of her young charge, she thinks to herself, We’re going to be here for awhile and hopefully one of us won’t end up dead.

“First, you can put your hand down since I don’t plan on attacking you, and secondly, my world is that which the gods inhibited. It has many names, none which you could pronounce, but it is the home of the gods.”

Dropping her hand, Serena sputters in shock. “Home of the gods. That’s not possible. I mean, there’s no such thing as gods or immortal beings. It’s just not possible.”

“Nothing is impossible. You should know this from experience,” Morganna tells her.

“I don’t understand. I mean, you’re telling me I’m in another dimension and that I’m stuck between my world and the home of the gods... I’m still not sure how I ended up here when I was trying to go back in time.” She pushes her hand through her tangled hair and sees the familiar gold bracelet that dangles from her arm and whispers softly, “I just want to go home again and be with my family. I don’t understand what’s going on.” Agitated and frustrated at the turn of events, she starts to pace.

Morganna looks on with curiosity and patience as Serena paces back and forth.

Mortals are such weird creatures. All this constant movement is making me a little woozy. I do hope she stops soon.

No sooner had she thought that then Serena whirls to face her and asks her, “Why did I end up here? I mean, it can’t be the royal seal because Max has one and went back in time with no problem. So why did I end up here in this dimension with you?”

Oh shit! She had to ask that question. Why do I always end up having to deal with these messes? Damn it I am not a janitor, I am a goddess. Why me?

Taking a deep breath she replies matter-of-factly. “The granolith has been used too many times and so many lost their lives that it was only a matter of time before the gods looked into the situation. When you tried to use the granolith to go back in time, I was told to bring you here for safekeeping until the trial.”

“A trial? What’s the trial for, and what does it have to do with me?” Serena asks curiously.

Morganna, hoping to buy time to come up with a sufficient answer to her question, quickly uses another tactic to distract Serena.

“What do you know about the history of the granolith?"

Confused about the sudden topic change, she answers slowly. “Not much, only that it has been shared between my family and the royals of Antar. Also that it can be used for time traveling and healing as well.”

"Well, that's true, but here's a fact that you don't know. I created the granolith when I was younger as a way to communicate with mortals better, and as a gift for those who were in my favor. Sadly enough, I committed a crime, and as punishment I was sentenced to eternity in this little dimension to watch over the granolith and its bearers."

Bemused as to what the heck this had to do with her question, Serena says, "Thanks for the history lesson, but you still didn't answer my question. Why did I end up here?"

Well, it doesn't look like the distraction is working too well...

Continuing to ignore her question for the moment, she continues on with her tale. "Now my dear, the moral of this story is that one should always be careful to not anger the gods, because you could end up here or worse."

"Fine. We now know the moral of your story. Now can you please explain to me why I'm here?" Serena demands impatiently.

Taking a deep breath and hoping that Serena wouldn’t lose it when she told her the reason for the trial she says calmly, “You’re here for the trial, because you have been charged with abusing the power of the granolith. The gods have found that you are the cause of all that has happened in your world, and so tomorrow they will convene to decide what to do with you.” Finished talking, she waits patiently for the fireworks to start any minute now.

“I’m going on trial for abusing the power of the granolith? Is that what you’re telling me, because I know that’s not what you’re telling me! I would love to know how it is that I’m responsible for Khivar getting control over the granolith and killing everyone in his path. I mean, I must have been fighting with him for no apparent reason other than for the fun of it, because I could have sworn I was fighting to save the world from his madness, then again maybe I’m wrong,” Serena says sarcastically.

Wincing at the harsh tone, Morganna moves and grasps hold of Serena’s hand to offer some comfort. “Serena, I know that this is hard for you, but you have to listen to me and understand the seriousness of the charges against you. You have used the granolith to change time and then used the knowledge from the previous timeline to benefit you.”

Beyond angry, Serena pulls her hand away and almost falls in her haste to get away from Morganna.

“Benefit me? How has everyone I’ve loved dying benefit me in any shape or form? I didn’t ask for this and I damn sure didn’t bring this on myself. If anyone is to blame then it’s Khivar for misusing the granolith.”

“Serena, it’s going to be okay. Just trust me that everything will work out for the better,” she says.

“Trust you? I trusted you to help me get back home and now I’m here waiting to be judged for something I didn’t do. If that’s what you consider trust then I don’t want it. I’m better off doing things by myself. Now, if you would send me back to the granolith then I will be on my way.”

Hurt that Serena didn’t believe her, Morganna tells her, “You can’t go back. The granolith has been turned off and no one can turn it back on without the permission of Erik.”

“Who the hell is Erik, and what does he have to do with the granolith?”

“Erik is the king of the gods and he has decreed that the granolith be turned off.”

“I don’t care what he wants I want to go home, now! I just want to go home. God, I feel like Dorothy when she finds out that the wizard is a fake and can’t really help her at all.” Suddenly tired of all that has happened to her, she sinks to the floor in tears and rocks back and forth while mumbling, “I just want to go home.”

Not sure what to do about this sudden breakdown from Serena, Morganna moves to sit next to her on the floor. “I know that you feel that I’ve lied to you, but I honestly didn’t know that the other gods were going to interfere and make me bring you here. I know you miss your family and I just wanted you to know that you’re not alone. I don’t really have anyone and I’ve been watching you since you were born, and I consider you family. I hope you don’t mind that I think of you as the granddaughter I’ve never had.”

Sniffing and wiping her tears away, Serena says, “You’re a little young to be a grandmother don’t you think?”

Happy that Serena was speaking to her, Morganna answers in a fake southern accent. “My dear, I will have you know that I’m almost five thousand years old, even if I look to be in my thirties.” The two look at each other and break out in giggles.

Finally able to speak without giggling, Serena turns to Morganna and asks, “You’ve been watching me since I was born. Why?”

“All that bear the seal are under my protection, and I’ve been watching Max since he broke out from his pod. I even got to watch over Michael for a short period of time when he had the seal. Now that’s a man who was in desperate need of a housekeeper.”

“If you’ve been watching us since then, why didn't you do anything about Khivar and Nicholas? I mean, you’re supposed to be our protector but you did nothing at all to stop him from killing everyone we loved, or even stop him from killing Max,” she says, now serious.

“Max no longer had his seal by then, and even if he did I couldn’t have interfered with what was happening.”

“Why? Explain it to me, because I don’t understand why you couldn’t do anything.”

“Well, there’s this thing called free will, and you all make the decisions to do what you will in life. I can’t interfere with that free will, or fate, if you believe in that. All I’m allowed to do is guide you the best that I can, if you allow it. No more and no less. That’s all that I can do. Max made the choice to give Khivar the seal and I couldn’t do anything about that. If Khivar had tried to take the seal by force, then I would have been allowed to do something, but again Max made that choice. What the bearers of the royal seal do with the granolith is their choice and Khivar was one of the bearers, so there wasn’t much I could do.”

“If you can’t interfere with 'free will' or whatever you call it, then why did you call to me when I was leaning against the granolith?”

“I didn’t call to you. You called to me with your tears and your pleas to be sent back. I took it as a request and gave you the option to do what you wanted to do. Again, nothing more and nothing less.”

Tired of the floor and knowing that the young woman in front of her had to be exhausted, she quickly stands up. Serena seeing that Morganna was getting up, stands up as well, and patiently waits to see what would happen next. “I hope you understand why I did what I did, or rather why I couldn’t do anything. Come child, so that I may show you to your room, so that you can rest for tomorrow.” Sensing the hesitation from Serena, she says over her shoulder as she starts to walk, “I know that you feel that you can’t trust me, but trust that I will do all in my powers to get you home again.”

Not sure if Serena believes her or not, she continues to walk down the hallway and feels relief when she hears footsteps behind her. The two walk in silence for a few minutes and as they walk Serena takes a moment to look at her surroundings. The hallway, like the room that they had just left, was decorated in silver and black with the walls covered in gold writing that was alien even to her. Going past a bay window, Serena peeks out and sees nothing but shooting stars. Moving to the next window, she sees nothing but clear blue water. What the hell is out there? Oh yeah I am definitely not in Kansas anymore. Or should I say Antar?

She is startled out of her thoughts when Morganna stops in front of a large black door that is covered in more of the gold writing. “Well my dear, we are finally here, and this will be your room for as long as you want it.” With that she pushes open the door and motions for Serena to go ahead of her. The room was decorated pretty much like everything else in black and silver with the gold writing covering everything. The only difference was that the room was the exact duplicate of Serena’s room back in San Diego even right down to the white and blue blanket that covered the bed.

“So what do you think? Cool, right? I wanted to make you feel right at home, so I thought this would help.”

It’s like that movie Single White Female. I don’t know whether to run or just nod my head thanks.

Looking at Morganna’s beaming face Serena says, “It looks great and I appreciate it.”

“I knew that you would like it. Now I have some clothes for you in the closet and things for you in the dresser. The bathroom is right through the other door and I will see you tomorrow. So goodnight and don’t let the bed bugs bite. I’m glad that you’ve decided to trust me.” With those words she leaves and closes the door behind her.

“She is taking this grandmother thing a little to the extreme, but that’s okay I guess. I just want to this day to end. Or better yet, I want this day to never have happened. I guess I better get some sleep so I’ll be alert during the trial tomorrow. I can’t believe I’m going to be tried tomorrow. Then again, I can’t believe I’m talking to myself as well.” Sighing, she goes to the closet and looks at the clothes with approval and goes to the dresser to get a nightgown to sleep in. “I’m too tired to get in the shower and I’ll probably pass out in the tub, so I’m going to just skip it until the morning.” She looks at the bathroom with longing and quickly turns around to change into her nightgown. Moving to the bed, she turns back the blanket and gets in before she falls to sleep on the floor. Seeing that her teddy bear was there as well, she grabs Winnie and succumbs to the lure of sleep.

A few minutes later, the door creaks open and a silver head pops in the opening. The door is open further and Morganna crosses the room to stand next to the bed. She watches as Serena twitches on the bed and mumbles "no" over and over again. Touching her fingers to Serena’s forehead, she sees that Serena is dreaming about all that has happened. “Rest easy little one. Dream of simpler things and rest, for you will need it.” A white light appeared briefly where her fingers were, and she moved them when Serena stopped twitching. “That’s right, sleep, for tomorrow will be a long day. You shall be my redemption and my way out of here,” she whispers. Bending down she straightens the blanket and picks Winnie off the floor and tucks him next to Serena, and with that she leaves as quietly as she came in.

The next thing Serena knows is that she is being shaken awake none-too-gently and she’s sure that it’s too early to get up. “Go away. I don’t want to get up yet.” The pillow is yanked from underneath her and she opens one eye, expecting to see her mother standing in front of her with her hands on hips. Seeing Morganna, she remembers all that has happened in what was the past day and sits up with a feeling of guilt that she is resting when she should have been trying to find another way to go back. She closes her eyes and forces herself to remember all that had occurred, and she opens her eyes with a renewed sense of knowing that she must win this trial at all cost. “Thanks for waking me up and I’m going to go get ready for the trial,” she says quietly. Morganna nods her understanding and pats her on the shoulder on her way out the room.

She falls back on the bed and looks at the ceiling while trying to figure out what was going to happen today. Mom, I wish you were here to give me one of your famous hugs. I really need one of those today. I know what has to be done and I promise that I won’t give up even when it seems that all is against me. I never knew how much I needed you until you were gone. I really wish I wasn’t so alone and that someone was here to help me. I don’t think I can trust Morganna completely, but right now she’s all I have. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I love you and we will be together soon, I promise. Give Dad my love for now and hug everyone for me.

Moving, she goes to the closet and picks out a black dress that hung off one shoulder and flared at the bottom. She gets all her things and goes in the bathroom to get ready. Coming out of the bathroom, as she tries to dry her hair she hears, “You know, you could just use your powers to dry your hair.” Startled, Serena moves the towel out of her face and looks to see Morganna sitting on her bed.

“Oh, my mom has always taught me to only use my powers when necessary and she always said that drying my hair is not a cause for me to use them.”

“Well since your mom isn’t here, how about I dry it for you.”

“No that’s okay. I’ll just put it in a ponytail” she says quietly.

After Serena is finally done getting dressed, Morganna stands up and walks out of the room. As Serena gets ready to close the door, she looks around at the familiar room that symbolized home to her and whispers, “Soon.” Closing the door, she hurries to catch up with Morganna and asks, “So where is this trial taking place, and why are you in such a hurry?”

“The trial takes place in the throne room of the gods, and we have to hurry if we want to catch the portal when it opens. There is no other way out of here and believe me I’ve looked. A person can get here, but there is no way out unless a portal is open and I don’t have the power to open a portal.”

“Oh, well then we better hurry if we want to make it.”

The two walked in silence to the room where they first met and waited for the portal to be open. Suddenly silver light filled the room and the two turned to see what looked to be a silver wormhole in the center of the room. Morganna turned to Serena and said, “Well, it looks like our ride is here. Are you ready to do this?”

“I’ve been ready since yesterday.” With that pronouncement, she steps through the portal and Morganna, shaking her head, enters behind her. The portal closes up behind them and the room goes back to the way it was.

Stepping out of the portal, they find themselves in a hallway decorated in black, silver, and the familiar gold writing. Large statues of men and women line the hallway and Italian marble was under their feet. The smell of spring lingered in the air with a hint of lemon, as the two walked down the hallway.

“Wow, it’s great to be home again,” Morganna says, while taking a deep breath of the air.

“I’ve been meaning to ask, what’s with the gold writing on the wall and what’s with the silver and black color scheme as well?” Serena asks curiously.

“Well, the gold writing is our writing and basically it repeats our motto of ‘We are eternal and none shall take our place.’ Also, the black and silver are the royal colors of our current king and so we all adopt those colors until another king is chosen, which hasn’t happened in one hundred years.”

“Hmm interesting, so do you choose your own king?"

“Yes and no. The king when he retires chooses a replacement, but the replacement has to be approved by others on the council. Also a king can be replaced if he is challenged and loses.”

Before Serena can respond, Morganna stops in front of a large gold door with silver writing on it. “Well, this is the throne room and I’m sure that all are here ready to meet you my dear.”

Suddenly nervous as to what was about to happen, Serena grabs onto Morganna’s hand and holds tight as they entered the throne room of the gods. The room was decorated in silver and black with the strange gold writing covering the walls. Pillows were thrown carelessly on the floor and on these pillows were beings of different sizes and coloring, but they all were beautiful in their chosen forms. Not only were pillows scattered around the room, but there was a long black plush carpet that flowed to two silver thrones. On these thrones sat two of the most powerful of these beings. Here sat the king and queen of the gods.

Still holding each other’s hands, the two ladies bravely marched through the room while the lesser gods muttered among themselves. As Serena looks around she hears the gasps from some as they get a closer look at her face and the muttering increases. Already nervous about this trial she whispers to Morganna, “Why are they looking so strangely at my face?”

“Ignore them, they have nothing more to do with their time,” she says with a shrug.

Finally they reached the end of the room and arrived at the thrones. Serena first looks towards the larger of the thrones where sat a man with pitch black hair and ice gray eyes whose aura radiated a power that was barely being leashed. Turning to the throne on the left Serena gasps at what she sees. On the throne on the left sits a woman whose beauty could only be rivaled by one other. She sat with her silver hair curling around her face and, looking at all from gray, almond-shaped eyes. Serena looks at the queen of the gods and back at Morganna and says with shock, “The queen of the gods is your sister.”

“Actually, she’s my twin sister Meghan and she’s the oldest by a minute,” she mutters to her. The whispering in the room grew as the others looked on eagerly at the reunion between the two sisters and at the mortal who was to be tried today.

“Silence!”

The room went silent as the king of the gods spoke, and all leaned forward to hear what he would say.

“Now mortal, speak your name and your plea before we judge you.”

Determined that she will not make a fool of herself, Serena recalls all that her mother has taught her about courtly manners. Grabbing the ends of her dress, she sinks into a low curtsey and replies in a clear voice, “My lord, I am Serena Winter, daughter of Larek. I plead innocent to all charges against me.”

Impressed with her manners he says, “You’ve been taught well for a mortal. You may rise. Your plea has been duly noted, and now let the trial begin.”

Continued in next post.....so come back tomorrow for part b. Same time same place. ;)
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Nothing at All

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell. Some of the dialect below is from the eppy "EOTW" and does not belong to me. Also one of the scenes below is inspired by LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring.

Dedication: Again to Lisa for working on this monster of a chapter. Thanks girl. Also a special shoutout to Angel for answering a question for me and being an inspiration.

AN: Here's the rest of chapter 6, hope everyone likes it. Also don't kill me for the ending blame the muse. ;)

Biged~
Glad to see that you're still alive. :lol:

Jade~Hey it's my partner in crime and cholocate buddy. ;) Thanks for checking out my story. Yeah the gods are fickle creatures so better watch out. :D

cherie~Yeah I like Morganna too. There's more to her than most people think.

Chapter 6b: Somewhere I Belong

With those words he clapped and three servants appeared. One carried a large black stand. Another carried a silver bowl with gold writing on it while the third carried a silver pitcher carefully. The man carrying the stand sets it carefully before the king, and when he is done the second man places the bowl on it gently. The third bows before the king and hands him the pitcher before stepping away to join the other two on the sidelines.

The king got off his throne and stepped down towards the stand and the bowl. Coming before it, he tilts the pitcher and clear liquid flows out into the bowl. He hands the pitcher back to the servant that appeared at his side, and beckons Serena to his side. She moves to his side and peers curiously in the bowl to see what is going on.

“You have been charged with abusing the powers of the granolith and using knowledge from the future to your own benefits. This liquid that I poured into the bowl is water from the springs of Truth, which show only what it is asked. The water will show your actions over two timelines when dealing with the granolith.”

Seeing the disbelief on Serena’s face, he waves his hand over the water and asks, “Who is the king of the gods?” The water rippled and boiled and smoked rose, and the image shown was his own. “Now that we’ve established that the water shows the truth we shall begin,” he tells her. After she nods her acceptance, he waves his hand over the water and says, “Show us the first usage of the granolith.” The water rippled and boiled and smoked again, and the image rose in the air for all to see.

*image one*

~The granolith chamber appears and an older version of Max and Liz are seen running into the chamber. Max leans down to the base of the granolith and inserts a crystal. The granolith activates and blue lights swirl around inside it as it waits to be used. Turning away from the granolith, Max looks at Liz and says, “I won’t leave you.”

Frustrated that they had come to this, but knowing what had to be done Liz tells him, “No, no, no. Max, you have to.”

Saddening at the thought that he would have to leave her, he reminds her of what will happen if he accomplishes in changing time. “If I’m successful, if I can do this, you and I won’t exist. Not as we do now,” He tells her.

When all she really wants to do is say that this was a bad idea, she knows that she has to do this for all the lives that were lost because of them and the more that were dying at this moment. “Max, if you don't do this, we're gonna die. Everyone will. Max, you have to do this. You have to try it.”

He tightens his hold on her, trying to comprehend how they have come to this. Sighing, he knows that he doesn’t have much time and he reluctantly pulls away and heads towards the granolith. Stopping at the granolith, he touches his right hand to it and turns to Liz with a smile. “Thank you,” he tells her.

Confused by his words she asks, “For what?”

“Thank you for every kiss and every smile.”

Smiling through her tears, she tells him, “I don’t have any regrets.”

A second later, Max appears inside the granolith and the two look at each other for a last look and a last goodbye. With a flash Max disappears and Liz drops to the floor of the chamber whispering his name.

*end of image one*

“Show us the second usage of the granolith.”

The second image rose quickly in the air and it shows the same version of Liz lying on the floor crying for Max over and over again. As she lay crying, the chamber door opened and a woman dressed in black leather ran into the room. “Liz, what’s wrong and where in the hell is Max?” she asks.

Startled, Liz sits up and says, “He’s gone back in time Serena, to save us all.”

Serena crouches next to Liz and looks at her with concern in her gray eyes. “How far did he go back, and if it’s to save us all why are you crying? Please don’t lie to me and say that they are tears of joy or I’ll be forced to hit you.”

Wiping her face, Liz tries to smile at Serena, but fails as she retells why Max went back in time. “He’s going to be with Tess so that they will be stronger in the next timeline when Khivar comes to Earth,” she whispers.

Looking a little confused at what she's just heard, Serena tries to put it together as logically as she can, but before she can say anything a voice yells in her ear. “Ah! Damn it Kyle will you please stop yelling in my ear. I’m not deaf, but if you have it your way I will be,” she yells into the receiver.

“Well, where the hell are you and you have better have found Max and Liz. Right now I need good news because the Skins are pushing through the line.”

“Well, there’s good news and bad news. The good news is that I found Liz, but the bad news is that Max has gone back in time.” She didn’t have to wait long to hear Kyle’s thoughts on the news.

“What the hell is wrong with him? He’s supposed to be the leader and leading these troops, and instead his ass has disappeared. In the next timeline or whenever I’m going to so kick his ass for this mess. Fine, since he’s not here then you need to get your ass back here to help with the battle.”

“Kyle, take a chill pill and I’ll see you in a minute.”

“A minute? I don’t have a minute,” he yells into the earpiece.

Rolling her eyes, she turns it off and turns back to Liz. “Okay, now that the general is no longer screaming in my ear, please tell me that you have a backup plan or something in case it doesn’t work.” Seeing the panicked look on Liz’s face she says tiredly, “Let me guess, no backup plan. Alright, so no backup plan, okay. Have you at least thought of the repercussions of changing time? If Max and Tess hook up, then do you honestly think Alex, Maria, and Kyle are going to stick around? The three of them brought their own skills to the group. I mean, Alex with his knowledge of technology, Kyle with his surprising war strategies, and Maria with her drama skills that made her a great spy. Not only will we need Tess with her extra boost of powers, but we will need everyone for something that he or she uniquely brings.”

“It’s too late to do anything since the granolith has already been used,” Liz tells her.

Rising and helping Liz stand up, Serena turns to her and asks, “If you could do something would you be willing to do it?”

Without hesitation she answers, “Yes.”

Smiling at her, Serena raises her hand towards the granolith and the royal seal flares as she commands the granolith to reactivate. The granolith roars to life and the blue light swirls inside as it awaits further instruction. Shocked at what has just happened, Liz asks, “How did you get a royal seal and why didn’t we know that you had one?”

“That’s a story for another time, but trust me when I say I meant no foul from not telling you about it. Now, I have to hurry and help Kyle, so if we’re going to do this then we better do it before it’s too late.”

“I can’t go back to the same time Max is at. I might run into my past self and there’s enough danger as it is with Max there as well.”

“You’re not going back to Roswell although it will be at the precise time that Max will have arrived there. I’m sending you to San Diego where my past self is at and you’re going to tell her everything you know, so that she will be prepared for what could happen. Are you going to do this or not? It’s your decision.”

“I’m ready whenever you are. One thing. What makes you so sure that your past self won’t kill me on sight? I mean, maybe I should have a password or something.”

“Just tell her about the seal on my hand and she will believe you, since only a few people know about it.”

“Okay. I’m ready to do this.”

Serena held up her hand again. The granolith hummed at her command and the blue light glowed brightly. Nodding to Liz that all was ready for her, she watches as Liz walks up to the granolith and holds out her hand to touch it. Looking back at Serena she says, “I’ll see you in the next life” and with that she touches the granolith.

The blue light engulfs her and she appears in the granolith. The light glowed even brighter and suddenly Liz was gone in a blink of an eye. The granolith dies down and she whispers, “Good luck my friends,” and walks out of the chamber.

The image faded away and the king waved his hand again over the water. “Show me the third usage of the granolith.” As it had done twice before the water rippled and boiled and smoked as an image rose up for all to see.

The third image shows a younger Serena with a tall man with black hair and purple eyes, and a woman who could only be Serena’s mother, as the two resembled each other. The three are huddled behind a large rock formation watching seven teenagers and one man below them. They watch as grief strikes the seven teenagers, and how the seven divided into two groups as angry words were hurdled at each other.

Finally, the seven leave with the man still standing there, looking at the closed doors of an ambulance. Wiping the tears from his face, he adjusts his hat and leaves. Several minutes later the three come out of their hiding spot and rushed down to the ambulance. Serena gets to the ambulance first and hurries to pull the doors open. In her haste to open it she falls down to her knees and her mother leans down to help her up.

“Are you okay?” Sarah asks.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me. We have to hurry before it’s too late.” She turns to find their companion opening the doors. Smiling at him, she says, “Thanks Steven. Now do you think you can get him out of there?”

“No problem.” Steven raises his hand and the gurney floats out of the ambulance and lands carefully next to Serena and her mother. The three move closer to look at the teenager laid out on the stretcher and wince at what they see.

“Oh God, what happened to you Alex?” Serena asks.

Steven raises his hands over Alex and scans his body for injuries while Sarah checks for a pulse. Finished with the scan, Steven says, “There are too many injuries for me to list, especially in the brain. It’s like his whole brain has completely collapsed and I don’t have the healing power to fix that.”

“Well, he still has a pulse, but it’s a weak one. Whatever we’re going to do it better be soon because we don’t have much time,” Sarah tells them.

“No! He can’t die. There’s has to be something that we can do,” Serena shouts, nearly hysterical.

“Listen, there’s nothing we can do. Hell, Max couldn’t even heal him and he has better healing powers than I do,” Steven tells her.

Worried that the two were about to lose their tempers, Sarah steps between them and tries to make peace.

“Okay, everyone take a deep breath and just calm down. I’m sure if we think about it we can come up with something.” She looks at the both of them and demands, “Do I make myself clear?” The two nod sheepishly and smile at each other when she isn’t looking.

“Is it possible for you to keep him alive a little longer?” Serena asks Steven.

“Yeah, I can keep his heart running a little longer, but not much. Why? Do you have something in mind?”

“Um-hmm, but it’s going to be dangerous. If you can keep him alive a little longer, then I was thinking that we could use the granolith to heal him,” she says, waiting to hear their reply.

“What? You don’t even know where the granolith is at,” Steven tells her.

“Actually, I do, and I know how to use it. I just have to be careful.”

Steven, looking incredulous, turns to Sarah for help, but sees that she has acceptance on her face. “I can’t believe you’re going to let her do this. This is completely crazy, not to mention dangerous.”

“I know it seems dangerous, but I trust Serena knows what she is doing. So if we’re going to do this we better hurry before Alex dies,” Sarah tells him.

Knowing that he is outnumbered, he mutters, “If Larek finds out about this I want it on the record that I protested.” He walks back towards Alex and gently lays his hand on Alex’s heart and sends a pulse of energy to it. “Alright, if we’re doing this then we better get going.”

“Actually, you’re not going. We can’t chance someone coming back to take Alex away and finding that there is no body. So you’re going have to shapeshift into Alex and take his place until we can come get you,” Serena says.

Sputtering he says, “I’m your protector. I can’t just go off leaving the two of you unprotected. What would people say? What would Larek say—or better yet what would he do when he finds out?”

“Serena, go pull the truck around while I talk to Steven,” Sarah tells her.

Nodding, Serena runs off to go get the truck. “Look, don’t worry about us, and we don’t have much time, so no arguing. Once we heal Alex we’ll swing by to pick you up. Now, don’t argue with me anymore.”

A black pickup truck stops an inch from them and Serena hops out. “Okay, let’s go ahead and move him into the pickup.”

Steven raises his hand and Alex floats off the gurney and lands in the back of the truck. He then sends the gurney back into the ambulance and turns back to the ladies waiting for him. “Okay, you two go ahead and try to be careful out there. If something goes wrong call me on my cell phone.” He leans down and gathers the two into a hug and releases them quickly. “Now go ahead so I can shapeshift in private.” The two got into the truck and said their goodbyes as they pulled off.

“Forward to the usage of the granolith” the king commanded.

The image changes to show the granolith chamber again and this time Serena and Sarah are the ones there with Alex propped up against it. Everyone watches as Serena pulls a crystal out of her backpack and inserts it in the base of the granolith. Holding her hand up, the royal seal flashes and the granolith comes to life. Instead of the blue light from before, the granolith gleams a purple light that covers Alex, and in a flash he has disappeared inside the granolith. The purple light gleams brighter and brighter as the two women look on earnestly. Minutes later, the purple light dims and in a flash they find Alex Whitman standing in front of them.

The image fades and King Erik moves away from the stand and turns to the other gods. “I won’t show the last usage of the granolith, because we all saw you kill Khivar with it.” Serena gasps at this, but before she can say anything, King Erik continues talking. “We have shown the mortal’s misuse of the granolith and her willingness to misuse it over and over again. You have the evidence that you need in front of you, so now I ask that you judge the mortal Serena Winter.”

The gods mutter among themselves as they decide the fate of Serena. Morganna moves over next to Serena and grabs her hand to offer some type of comfort. Grateful for the comfort, Serena gives Morganna’s hand a quick squeeze as she awaits the decision of the gods.

After what seems like forever, a man with brown hair and brown eyes rises from a pillow and approaches the throne. He whispers to the king and all eyes turn to see what was happening. “Serena, the council has one question that it would like answered. If you were told that you were no longer to use the granolith, and that if you did use it that you would be punished by death, what would you say?”

“I would say that I have nothing to lose. If that’s your decision, then I suggest you kill me now, because I’ll do what’s necessary to save my family and friends.”

King Erik turns to the other god and says, “Well, I think you have your answer there.” The man nods and hurries back to the others to get the final decision. “Have you made your decision regarding the mortal Serena Winter?”

The same man steps forward and replies, “Yes, we have. We find Serena to be innocent of all charges of abusing the power of the granolith. We feel that under the circumstances, she did the best she could do.”

Serena and Morganna hug each other as they hear the judgment but freeze when they hear the rest of it. “We have also decided that the granolith is too powerful for mortals to control, and henceforth it shall be brought back here immediately and destroyed at once.”

Coming out of her shock, Serena screams, “No! You can’t do that. I have to use the granolith to go back to save everyone.” Beyond desperate, Serena raises her hand and the royal seal gleams as she calls upon her powers.

Realizing what Serena was about to do, Morganna grabs hold of her hand and tries to calm her down. “You don’t want to do this. Believe me when I say that this is the worst way to get help from them. Please listen to me and don’t do this.”

No longer caring about the consequences to herself, Serena keeps calling upon her powers to grow. Morganna raises her hand and touches Serena’s forehead, and with that Serena starts to lose consciousness. Angry at the betrayal, Serena tries to call upon her powers, only to realize that she is too tired to do so. No, it’s not supposed to be like this! How did things go so wrong? I’ve failed them all.

Quickly grabbing hold of Serena before she hits her head on the floor, Morganna lays her down gently. “Well Morganna, it seems she is either very stupid or brave to have done that.”

“The poor girl just wants to save her family and it didn’t help that you took her last bit of hope away,” she tells him.

“If she would have let Aaron over there finish the decision, she would have known that although the granolith will be destroyed, she will be allowed to go back in time through a portal.”

Clapping his hands, the three servants appear and wait for his instructions. “Take her to a guest chamber and be careful with her.”

Carefully picking Serena up, the three leave the throne quickly, while the other gods look on.

“Alright everyone, this meeting is adjourned and I will need a few of you to go get the granolith from Antar.”

Several raised their hands to volunteer and he nods his consent and they leave to do so. As everyone streams out of the throne room, he turns to Morganna and says, “Well, it looks like you’re temporarily free of the granolith.”

“That’s right, and it’s not temporarily,” she tells him.

Looking around to make sure that everyone has left, he quickly grabs her and pulls her close. “Now, you will do well to tell me why the mortal Serena looks like my mother, and what is her relationship to you?”

Unbeknownst to them, Meghan stands in the shadows, watching and listening. Flinching at the question that she has just heard, she leaves out a hidden door with one thought in her mind.

Back on Antar, the gods that volunteered didn’t waste time in transporting the granolith back to their home to be destroyed. Finally done with their job, they looked around to make sure that they haven’t forgotten anything. Opening the portal, they left with the granolith, not noticing the other portal that started to open right next to them.

She walked through the room with a purpose, ignoring those that lay scattered on the floor before her. Moving to where the granolith once stood, she finds the person she seeks. Bending down, she touches his forehead and says, “Wake, mortal. I have need of you.”

The figure moved and green eyes opened to meet gray ones. “Who are you?” he asks.

“You need not concern yourself with who I am. Rather, you need to ask yourself what I can do for you,” she tells him.

“What could you possibly do for me?” he asks her.

“I can give you anything you want. I can make you the most fearful being in your universe.”

He laughs harshly at her and says coldly, “I can get all that by myself.”

She smiles at him with no joy and says, “You are arrogant for a mortal, but you will learn. I can give you the one thing you want. I can give you the power to kill your enemies once and for all.”

“My enemies are already dead and so is my son.”

“Not for long. The mortal Serena will be going back in time to stop all this from happening.”

Hate shows in his eyes at the mention of her name. “That bitch will pay. First she takes my son away and then she kills me, although you did a lovely job of bringing me back.”

“I figured you would say that. I can send you back in time to stop her from changing things. Still, I have one condition, and that is, she must be dead. Kill her and you shall be rewarded handsomely.”

He looks at the woman before him who has to be a goddess with her silver hair and gray eyes. I wonder why she is so eager to kill Serena. I’ll find that out later. It will be useful to have a goddess as an ally.

Sticking his hand out he says, “It’s a deal.”

She smiles at him and says, “Perfect.”
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Hey everyone. :wave I'm almost done with chapter 7 thank Buddha, but since I kept everyone waiting for so long I'm going to drop a teaser until I'm finished. Hope to have the entire chapter done by tonight and posted this weekend.

Also the title comes from Someday by Nickelback. ;)

Chapter 7: Someday

*teaser*

“Morganna, I want to know why Serena looks like my mother and what her relationship to you is now” Erik told her as he shook her.

“Well if you would stop shaking me then maybe I would tell you” she dryly informs him.

Letting her go reluctantly he asks again the question that has been burning on his mind since Serena walked through the throne room.

“Who is she? And I don’t want any of your lies Morganna. I want the truth once and for all.”

“The truth? The truth is that Serena is the daughter of Larek and Sarah Winter. She’s not my daughter or yours, so get over it already."

She’s lying. I know it. Serena’s is of my blood.
Watching Morganna look elsewhere but at him, he knows there’s more to the tale than what she has told him. Moving quickly he grabs her again to face him and stares her in the eyes.

Startled Morganna just looks at him and knows that he has not given up on his question. This is just great. Now he won’t give up until he knows everything, but he can’t otherwise Serena will be in more danger than she is.

“I mean really what is your problem. You can’t just go around abusing people just because you got this stupid idea stuck in your head. Serena is not related to either you or me, so get over it. If you want children that bad then I suggest you go look up your lovely wife and breed off her. Isn’t that why you married her in the first place? For breeding? Oh let’s not forget that she was my father’s favorite.”

“If I’m not mistaken that’s jealously in your voice” he says with amusement.

Beyond pissed off she rages “the day I’m jealous of my sister is the day when our world dies. You can just take your sick notion and shove it up your…” She never gets to finish as Erik leans in and kisses her. At first she resists but as he continues to kiss her she melts in his arms and gives up all resistance. As the two kiss there are overtaken by flashes from both of them.

*flash*

~Morganna and Erik kissing

~Morganna hums to herself and hugs her middle

~Morganna enters a chamber and finds Erik and Meghan in a compromising position

~Erik chasing Morganna as she runs away

~An elder man announces in the throne room the engagement of Erik and Meghan

~Morganna fleeing her home and going through a portal while caressing her stomach

~She is lying on a bed with sweat covering her as her face twists in pain

~She is lying on the bed holding a small infant and she whispers “you shall be name Sarah”

~Erik finding Morganna and the baby

~Angry at his betrayal she tells him the baby doesn’t belong to him that it belongs to a mortal man.

~Erik brings her home despite her protests and his hurt

~She is brought home and condemn for producing with a mortal. She faces the council and does not weep when they judge her guilty of breaking their rules and that she would be strip of her powers.

~Morganna escapes to Antar and is found by Erik in the temple that houses the granolith

~Using the power of the granolith Morganna sends her child away and faces Erik

~Erik looks on with hurt and anger at all that she has done. The two argue about what whose fault it was that they were in this situation

~The two returned to their world and Morganna faces the council again. She is sentenced to entrapment in the granolith

~Morganna is in the granolith watching her daughter grow up and meet Larek

~She watches as Serena grow

The flashes end as Morganna pulls herself away from Erik in panic. Nearly falling on the floor in her haste to get away he grabs her and holds her captive in his arms. The two stare at each other as the truth vibrates between them. She starts to speak, but is interrupted when he kisses her on the cheek and says “let’s go see our granddaughter shall we and while we’re at it no more lies.”

“First off she’s not our granddaughter. She’s my granddaughter and another thing…” she stops as feels the familiar energy signature fill the air. Closing her eyes she reaches out and feels the familiar power of the granolith. Shock at what is happening she opens her eyes and makes a dash towards the door. Erik catches hold of her before she leaves the room and turns her around. “Where are you going in such a hurry?”

“It’s Serena.” Again she tries to leave, but he holds onto her tight.

“What about Serena? Is she hurt?”

“No she’s using the granolith and it’s not stable. If I can feel it way down here then she’s using a hell lot of power.”

He grabs her hand and opens a portal and the two jump through it in their haste to get to Serena.

The sight that greets them is not pleasant as they see Serena headed towards the granolith with bodies sprawled before her like some sacrifice.

“What has she done?” Morganna whispers.

TBC :)
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Songs for this chapter: Someday by Nickelback.

Chapter 7: Someday

“The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to make people believe that he didn’t exist.” ~Verbal Kent in the Usual Suspects

“Who are you?” he asks.

“You need not concern yourself with who I am, rather you need to ask yourself what I can do for you,” she tells him.

“What could you possibly do for me?” he asks her.

“I can give you anything you want. I can make you the most fearful being in your universe.”

He laughs harshly at her and says coldly, “I can get all that by myself.”

She smiles at him with no joy and says, “You are arrogant for a mortal, but you will learn. I can give you the one thing you want. I can give you the power to kill your enemies once and for all.”

“My enemies are already dead and so is my son.”

“Not for long. The mortal Serena will be going back in time to stop all this from happening.”

Hate showed in his eyes at the mention of her name. “That bitch will pay. First she takes my son away and then she kills me, although you did a lovely job of bringing me back.”

“I figured you would say that. I can send you back in time to stop her from changing things. Still I have one condition, and that is, she must be dead. Kill her and you shall be rewarded handsomely.”

He looks at the woman before him, who had to be a goddess with her silver hair and gray eyes. I wonder why she is so eager to kill Serena. I’ll find that out later. It will be useful to have a goddess as an ally. Sticking his hand out he says, “It’s a deal.”

She smiles at him and says, “Perfect.”

Ignoring his hand she moves away from him and looks disdainfully at the death around her. Well, the council won’t have a hard time believing he killed Serena. This is perfect. My sister will be sent back to the granolith and she loses her little family all over again. She turns back to look at Khivar and smirks. What an idiot. He doesn’t know that by killing Serena he has signed his own death warrant. Killing any with the blood of the gods is forbidden and punishable by death. Better him than me.

She is brought out of her thoughts by him speaking. “You know my name, but what is yours?” he asks.

“Well, what a nosy mortal you are. I will let it go this time as we are partners and I feel that I can trust you.” Smiling with glee she says, “You may call me Morganna. Now that I have satisfied your nosiness, let’s get down to business shall we. I’m not sure how far back Serena will travel, but I’m sure it’s before the blonde hybrid became a psycho and all.”

Khivar stands and ponders what Morganna has told him. As he thinks of everything he knows about Serena and her past, an idea forms of a way to make sure that he wouldn’t be bested by her again. “My dear, I would like to go a little further back in time, before Serena ever met her little friends, or my son. I mean, if we really want to make sure that she’s out of our hair, then what would be better than to kill her before she was born?”

“No………..”

She wakes up screaming as the nightmare tries to hold her in its clutches. Holding the sheet tightly, she takes a deep breath and tries to shake the nightmare off. She lets go of the sheet and sits up, pushing her sweat soaked hair out of her face while trying to reassure herself that it couldn’t be true. Clapping her hands, she waits for the lights to come on, but nothing happens. She claps her hands again and again; nothing happens. Beyond frustrated, and a little scared, she cups her hands together and concentrates. A white light glows from her hands, showing her the room, and as she took in the black and gold color scheme with the gold writing on the walls, she realizes that her nightmare was true. She was no longer home and everyone she knew was dead including her parents. Sadness, guilt, hate, and anger rage in her as she remembers all that had occurred. Getting off the bed, she paces back and forth as the darkness of her thoughts cover her. “This isn’t fair. It wasn’t supposed to end like this,” she vents at the silent room. “It won’t end like this.” And with those words, she heads towards the door with a determined look on her face.

Pushing the door open, she steps in the hallway and closes her eyes and opens her senses to the granolith. She feels the energy signature that is the granolith and runs down the hallway with her black hair trailing behind her and her dress fluttering like a flag in her hurry to get to her destination. As she runs down the hallway people stop and stare at her in shock at the sight of her running in such a hurry. She keeps running until she comes to a silver door with black writing on it. Holding up her hand, she blasts the door down in her haste to get to her objective….the granolith. There it stood, surrounded by gods and goddesses working on dismantling it. Everyone stopped at the blast and the destruction of the door and looked in shock to find Serena facing them.

With her hand still up, she moves into the room and motions the others to move away from the granolith. “I don’t want to hurt anyone, so if you would kindly move out the way, that would be great.” Some of the gods looked at her strangely while others laughed at the thought of a mere mortal actually hurting them.

“What exactly do you think you could do to us? We are immortal and have more power than you could dream of,” one of the gods taunted her. Impatient to get to the granolith, she turns to the one that taunted her and asks, “Do you not know the story of Goliath and David?” Looking at the confused look on his face she says, “Never underestimate the underdog,” and with those words, the royal seal flashes on her hand. The granolith glows brightly in reaction to the appearance of the royal seal and hums eager to be commanded. Before anyone could react, the granolith released a blue light which encompassed the whole room and its occupants. With a flick of her wrist the gods were thrown into the walls by the blue light. She moved toward the granolith while those around her lay unconscious.

“Morganna, I want to know why Serena looks like my mother and what her relationship to you is now,” Erik tells her as he shakes her.

“Well if you would stop shaking me then maybe I would tell you,” she dryly informs him.

Letting her go reluctantly, he asks again the question that has been burning on his mind since Serena walked through the throne room.

“Who is she? And I don’t want any of your lies, Morganna. I want the truth once and for all.”

“The truth? The truth is that Serena is the daughter of Larek and Sarah Winter. She’s not my daughter or yours, so get over it already."

She’s lying. I know it. Serena is of my blood. Watching Morganna look anywhere but at him, he knows there’s more to the tale than what she has told him. Moving quickly, he grabs her again to face him and stares her in the eyes. Startled, Morganna just looks at him and knows that he has not given up on his question. This is just great. Now he won’t give up until he knows everything, but he can’t. Otherwise Serena will be in more danger than she is.

“I mean really, what is your problem? You can’t just go around abusing people just because you've got this stupid idea stuck in your head. Serena is not related to either you or me, so get over it. If you want children that badly then I suggest you go look up your lovely wife and breed off her. Isn’t that why you married her in the first place? For breeding? Oh, let’s not forget that she was my father’s favorite.”

“If I’m not mistaken that’s jealously in your voice,” he says with amusement.

Beyond pissed off, she rages, “The day I’m jealous of my sister is the day when our world dies. You can just take your sick notion and shove it up your…”

She never gets to finish as Erik leans in and kisses her. At first she resists, but as he continues to kiss her she melts in his arms and gives up all resistance. As the two kiss they are overtaken by flashes from both of them.

*flash*

~Morganna and Erik kissing

~Morganna hums to herself and hugs her middle

~Morganna enters a chamber and finds Erik and Meghan in a compromising position

~Erik chasing Morganna as she runs away

~An elder man announces the engagement of Erik and Meghan in the throne room

~Morganna fleeing her home and going through a portal while caressing her stomach

~She is lying on a bed with sweat covering her as her face twists in pain

~She is lying on the bed holding a small infant and she whispers, “You shall be named Sarah”

~Erik finding Morganna and the baby

~Angry at his betrayal, she tells him the baby doesn’t belong to him rather that it belongs to a mortal man.

~Erik brings her home despite her protests and his hurt

~She is brought home and condemned for producing with a mortal. She faces the council and does not weep when they judge her guilty of breaking their rules and that she would be stripped of her powers.

~Morganna escapes to Antar and is found by Erik in the temple that houses the granolith

~Using the power of the granolith Morganna sends her child away and faces Erik

~Erik looks on with hurt and anger at all that she has done. The two argue about what whose fault it was that they were in this situation

~The two return to their world and Morganna faces the council again. She is sentenced to entrapment in the granolith

~Morganna is in the granolith watching her daughter grow up and meet Larek

~She watches as Serena grows up

The flashes end as Morganna pulls herself away from Erik in panic. Nearly falling on the floor in her haste to get away, he grabs her and holds her captive in his arms. The two stare at each other as the truth vibrates between them. She starts to speak, but is interrupted when he kisses her on the cheek and says, “Let’s go see our granddaughter, shall we, and while we’re at it no more lies.”

“First off she’s not our granddaughter. She’s my granddaughter and another thing…” she stops as feels the familiar energy signature fill the air. Closing her eyes, she reaches out and feels the familiar power of the granolith. Shocked at what is happening, she opens her eyes and makes a dash towards the door.

Erik catches hold of her before she leaves the room and turns her around. “Where are you going in such a hurry?”

“It’s Serena.” Again she tries to leave, but he holds onto her tight.

“What about Serena? Is she hurt?”

“No, she’s using the granolith and it’s not stable. If I can feel it way down here then she’s using a hell lot of power.”

He grabs her hand and opens a portal and the two jump through it in their haste to get to Serena.

The sight that greets them is not pleasant, as they see Serena headed towards the granolith with bodies sprawled before her like some sacrifice.

“What has she done?” Morganna whispers. “We have to stop her before she hurts herself or does anymore damage.”

Nodding his head in agreement, the two start their way towards her silently.

“You know I can hear you, so you don’t have to be silent,” she told them with her back facing them.

“Serena, whatever you are thinking of doing, this is not the way,” Erik told her.

“Not the way? If I listen to you then I will never have the chance to fix everything,” she tells him angrily.

Before Erik can say anything else, Morganna replies, “Serena, you have to stop this. The granolith isn’t stable and you’re using way too much power for it to be safe. Now Erik is planning to send you back in time through a portal, which is the safest way.”

Whirling to face them, she angrily tells them, “I don’t care what you say. All I’ve done is trust you, and look where I’m at. If I wait for you to do anything then I’ll be thirty years old before I can go back. No, I’m done listening to either one of you and now I’m going to do things my way.”

Turning her back on them once again, she moves to lay her palm on the granolith when Morganna moves to stop her. “I won’t let you do this. It’s too dangerous.”

Suddenly the granolith released a blue light and it slammed into Morganna, knocking her on the floor. Shocked at what has happened, Erik moves to check on her and finds her unconscious. “Morganna, wake up. Please wake up and look at me.” Looking up from the floor where he cradled Morganna, he yelled at Serena, “What did you do to her?”

Regret shines in her eyes as she looks at him and she whispers, “Please tell her I’m sorry, but I have to do this.” With those words she lais her hand on the granolith and is gone in a flash.

“Did you get the number of the bus that hit me?” Morganna moans.

“I have no idea what a bus is, but I’m glad to see that you’re alright,” he tells her.

“You need to get out more often,” she laughingly tells him. In response he hugs her closer while she rubs her hand through his hair. “She’s gone isn’t she?” she asks him.

“Yeah, she is. She said to tell you that she was sorry about what she did.”

“You know we have to help her, right?”

“I know, and I’ll get everyone together.”

The two sit in silence, just holding each other as they try to deal with what has just happened.

Year 2001, Roswell New Mexico

The seven stand as the rain pours down onto them, as they watch one of their own trying to save the life of the man that they thought of as their mentor and father. Pushing his hair out of his face, amber eyes look on in worry at the sight before him. He takes a deep breath and places his hand over the angry wound which blood continues to flow out of.

“You can heal him, right Max?” someone asks the young man.

“Kyle, be quiet and let Max concentrate,” a short blonde girl tells him.

“Well excuse me for wanting to know if my father is going to be okay. I mean we all can’t be unfeeling aliens like you, Tess,” he tells her.

“I care as much about your father as you do and what do you mean I don’t have feelings?” she yells at him.

The group move to break them up and try to calm them down. “Okay, this arguing isn’t going to help us right now,” Liz tells them. “Alex, take your jacket off and cover the sheriff up. Isabel, please go talk to Tess and calm her down. Michael, go talk to Kyle and calm him down please. Um, Maria you can help either Michael or Isabel.”

Moving over towards Max, she helped Alex wrap his jacket around the sheriff. “Well Max, you better go ahead and do your thing before Liz hurts you. She already assigned everyone else their jobs so you better do yours,” Alex teased him. Liz reached over and hit Alex on the arm. Max looked up and smiled gratefully at Liz before turning back to concentrate on the sheriff.

“Kyle you need to calm down. I know that your dad is hurt, but Maxwell is going to fix him up like new,” Michael tells him.

“So what happens when Max heals him up? I mean we still have crazy ass aliens after us. Will my dad and I be able to walk away from this fight? We don’t have voodoo aliens powers like the rest of you. What the hell are we going to do?” Kyle yells at him.

Hearing what Kyle told Michael, Tess walked over to them. “Kyle, I’m worried about him too, but I’m not going to run and let the skins win. If we run they will only find us again no matter where we go,” she told him.

“She’s right, you know. They’re not going to leave us alone until they kill us all, so we have to stand and fight,” Isabel told him.

“I know. I’m just worry about him. I’m worried about all of us,” he tells them. Tess walks up to him and slides her arms around him for a hug.

“I’m glad that the two of you have solved your differences. I was wondering if I was going have to ground the two of you again” a man’s voice said. Kyle and Tess turned around and saw the sheriff standing on his own and they ran to hug him.

“Dad, you’re okay,” Kyle says.

“Yeah son, Max does good work,” Jim tells him.

“Now we really need to move on before the skins find us again,” Max tells the group.

Before anyone could say anything, a voice interrupts them. “Well, I don’t think that plan is going to work since we’ve already found you.”

Lightening flashes across the sky and it shows a young boy with dark hair and dark eyes smirking at them. Behind him stood a group of people with their hands held out ready to attack on a moment’s notice.

“Well if isn’t Nicholas and his group of merry men,” Michael says.

“That’s right Michael, antagonize the munchkin before he kills us,” Maria tells him sarcastically.

“Oh it’s going to be a pleasure to kill all of you once and for all,” Nicholas tells them. Turning to the group behind him, he tells them, “Kill them all.”

The four hybrids push their friends behind them while the sheriff pulls his gun out. Thunder rumbles in the air as the rain continues to beat upon them.

Suddenly, silver lightening streaks across the dark sky, and a second later it hits the ground between them. The light fades, and in its place stands a woman with long black hair wearing a black dress. Gray eyes look on the scene before her with curiosity and wonder.

I actually did it. I made it back. They’re all alive. There’s Max, Liz, Maria, Michael, Kyle, Tess, Sheriff Valenti, Isabel, and Alex. Alex?! Her eyes widen at the sight of her old friend. She moves towards them and stops at the sound of a familiar voice calling her name. Slowly turning to her left, she sees the one person that she thought she would never see again. “Sebastian” she whispered.

There stood Sebastian, very much alive and a lot younger than she last seen him. She took in the familiar blonde hair and his lean form, but as she gazes into those green eyes she is shocked at the coldness of them. Those eyes that had always held such an open expression, that glowed with his ideals and emotions, now showed nothing at all. He moves towards her and stops in front of her and smiles at her. Taking her hand, he gently squeezes it and stands staring at her. “Come with me” he whispers to her.

Not sure what to do, she stands looking at him while trying to reconcile what she knew about Sebastian with the young man in front of her. He is Sebastian, but in a way he isn’t her Sebastian. “Come with me. You belong with me, not them,” he says as he gestures towards the others behind her.

Turning to look back at the group of people she considered her friends and family, and she realizes that she has fought alongside and died with these people in two timelines. She turns to look back at the young man before her and she knows that two timelines would never be enough time to love him.

Seeing the conflict on her face, Sebastian decides to help her make her decision a lot easier. “You don’t need to be with these losers. You’ve done enough for them. They’re not worthy of you. Stay with me and you will not want for anything.”

“Did he just call us losers?” Kyle asks Tess.

Everyone turns to look at Kyle in disbelief. “Um, Kyle we have more serious problems to worry about than the fact that he called us losers, although we’re not losers,” Tess says.

“Well, I just wanted to know so I could have another excuse to kick his ass,” he tells her. Ignoring Kyle’s ranting, the others turn back to see what she’s going to do.

Serena looks into Sebastian’s eyes one more time and slowly moves away with regret in her eyes. “I’m sorry,” she whispers to him.

Before he could respond, a voice interrupts them. “I told you she wouldn’t do anything to help you, but you wouldn’t listen to me.”

Serena gasps as she comes face to face with her worst nightmare. Looking at the face of the man she just killed not too long ago, she whispers in shock, “No. You’re dead. I killed you myself.”

“It seems that you’re not the only one the gods favor,” Khivar smirks at her. “It’s a shame that you’ve come so far only for your journey to end here,” he taunts her. Throwing up his hand, he lets out a series of blasts towards her, and she is quickly pushed out of the way by Alex.

“Thanks,” she tells Alex.

He stands up and helps her up from the ground. “No problem,” he tells her, while wiping some of the dirt off his clothes.

She looks and sees Michael, Tess, and Isabel throwing power blasts at Khivar and the skins while Max is shielding the others.

“You might want to go join the others in the shield,” Serena tells Alex. Nodding at her, Alex pats her on the shoulder and moves to join the others. She pirouettes back to face Khivar and starts gathering the energy she had borrowed from the granolith.

The others look on in shock as her whole body is covered in a blue light, and a second later the light is released, heading at Khivar. The light is an inch from hitting Khivar when a white shield appears out of nowhere and absorb the energy.

A second later, the shield is down and a young woman moves to stand next to Khivar. Touching a hand to his shoulder she asks in concern, “Are you okay, father?”

“I’m fine my dear, but it seems that your future counterpart is in shock over there,” he tells her.

Everyone could only look between Serena and the young woman. “It’s like that Stephen King novel where everyone has a doppelganger,” Alex says.

Ignoring the whispers behind her, Serena says, “You’re me.”

“Yes, and you’re me,” the young woman responds. “Well, you’re what I would have become.”
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Hey guys, *waves*

I have ten pages written so far for chapter 8 and I'm just about done. I have to finish the battle scene and viola I'll be done. Anyway I thought I would give you guys a little teaser until I'm done, so here you go. ;) Also the lyrics below are from the song "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down. Special shoutout to Pooh for inspiring my muse to write. Thanks girl! *hugs*

Chapter 8: teaser

Walking out onto the deck she stared out into the night wondering what else could possibly go wrong. Suddenly an arm wrapped around her waist and she leaned back to rest on the person’s chest. “So what are you doing out here all alone,” Alex asked her.

“I’m just wondering what else could go wrong tonight and are we truly safe for the moment,” she told him. “I mean so much has happened and then I find out I have a son with that Khivar of all people. I just don’t know what to say about that, and I can’t believe we were fighting my son. What kind of mother am I?”

He turned her around to face him and cupped her face. “Hey don’t beat yourself up over something that you didn’t know about. You couldn’t have known he was your son, and I’m sure once he gets over trying to kill us he will want to get to know us. Now promise me that you’re going to stop worrying for a few minutes and I’m sure that when we’re all rested we will come up with something to get Sebastian away from Khivar. What you should be worrying about what people are going to say if Sebastian makes you a grandma anytime soon.”

“Alex, I can’t believe you said that,” she laughed.

“Well I’m just saying you’re too young and beautiful to be a grandma.”

“Beautiful am I?”

“I like to think so, and I’m sure that a few guys at school agree with me.”

She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned up for a kiss. Pulling her closer the two stood wrapped in each other arms relaying their feelings to each other. Several minutes the two pulled apart to get some much needed air and Alex reached down and clasped her hand. They walked back into the house and he led her to the sofa to sit down. Waiting until she sat down he walked over the entertainment theater where he went through the massive cd collection.

“Alex, are you sure you should be going through some else’s cds,” she asked him.

“Well I don’t think Sarah would mind since she said we could make ourselves at home, and I promise not to break or damage anything,” he said while continuing to look through the cds. Finally finding something that looked familiar, he pulled out it out and opened the case taking out the cd. Taking the cd he turned on the CD player and opened the CD player. He placed the cd in the player and pushed the number of the song that he wanted. Moving back towards her, he stopped in front of her as the song started playing. “Milady,” he said offering her his hand. She smiled up at him and grasps his hand and allowed him to pull her up. They moved in the middle of the room and he twirled her around the room.

‘A hundred days have made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face
A thousand lies have made me colder
And I don't think I can look at this the same
But all these miles that separate
Disappear now when I’m dreaming of your face’

He twirled her away and gently twirled her back to him. Laughing she wrapped her arms around his neck and the two swayed looking into each eyes. While they were dancing the others had walked into the room. Seeing a perfect opportunity to hold her, Max smiled at Liz and held his hand out. She smiled back at him and took his hand letting him lead her out to the middle of the room.

‘I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time’

Soon the two were wrapped up in each other as they danced around the room. Kyle and Michael looked at the two couples and glanced back at each other. Sighing they offered their hands to the two girls standing next to them and led them out in the middle of the floor.

But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me’

Serena went downstairs and looking around for the others she heard music softly playing. Curious she followed the music until she came to the living room and a smile graced her face as she saw her friends dancing. She leaned on the doorway and watched them. Closing her eyes she thought back to another night in another lifetime.

‘The miles just keep rollin'
As the people leave their way to say hello
I've heard this life was overrated
But I hope that it gets better as we go’

*flash*

~Serena is standing in a crowded ballroom and seems to be looking for someone. Someone taps her on the shoulder and she turns around to find Sebastian standing behind her.
~Serena and Sebastian dance around the ballroom unaware of the stares that are directed towards them.
~The music stops and Sebastian leans down and kisses her.

*end flash*

But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time’

She opens her eyes and is surprised to find a tear sliding down her face. Quickly wiping it away she turns away from her friends and heads to look for everyone else.

’I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight girl it’s only you and me’

She walked to the kitchen and saw her parents, Sheriff Valenti, and Steven sitting at the table talking. Sarah looked up and saw her and smiled. “Hey sleepyhead, it’s about time you woke up. Did you want something to eat,” she asked starting to stand up.

Serena opened her mouth to say something and suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her side. She collapsed to the floor as another pain hit her body, but this time it was like something had squeezed her heart. The four adults got up from the table and rushed to her side. Larek moved Serena’s hands away and found a big patch of blood oozing out of her side.

“Oh my god, what’s happening to her,” Sarah asked.

“I don’t know, but I’m going to see if I can heal her,” he told her.

Placing his hands on the wound he tried to connect to heal the angry wound, but after a few minutes he realized nothing was happening. He looked at his wife and said, “Nothing is happening. I can’t heal her, and I don’t know why.”

TBC
Last edited by vegas312 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.