The Walking Dead

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I watched that show that airs after they air an original Walking Dead episode titled 'Talking Dead', and they had Robert Kirkman who is the executive producer and I think he created the comic series, along with another co-executive producer (I forgot his name), and they explained Sophia's backstory was that Otis (the guy Shane killed) was the one on the farm responsible for finding the walker's and bringing them to that barn. Otis had already found Sophia (after she became a walker) and led her to the barn. However, since Rick's group never got around to mentioning to Otis when he was there that they were searching for this child, they never knew she was in the barn all along. So they joked it was Shane's fault for not knowing Sophia was already in the barn since he killed Otis and so the other's at the farm did not know the child they were searching for was already gone.
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well okay...I made a mistake :oops: :lol: sorry but it's been a LONG time since I read the comic and so I went back and checked on it.

The cool character I was saying that would be showing up soon...should have already showed up.He was in the comics when they got to the Greene Farm.I caught my mistake today when I was at the book store and saw it in one of The Walking Dead tradepaperbacks.

All I know is they BETTER bring him into this show or I'll will be very pissed off :twisted:
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

killjoy wrote:I like Dale some times and than I don't like him some times.Trying to throw away the guns into the swamp was just stupid! Yes he knows that Shane is a bit unbalanced...but a part of this is jealousy.I mean come on! Am I the only one who sees he has the hots for Andrea?
I agree with that. I mean, I love Dale, but it was wrong of him to decide what to do with the guns. Though, if I were him, I'd keep one strapped to my side every time I was in Shane's presence 'cause the guy is nuts. But are you sure it's jealousy? Did Andrea and Dale have a thing in the books? Cause sometimes their relationship seems more paternal than romantic. Maybe it's just because I can't see those two getting together.

Also, while I think Hershel is incredibly naive when it comes to his view on the walkers (I mean, come on, people who are merely sick do not keep walking after getting shot the way Shane was shooting them), I feel kind of bad for him too. He let these people stay on his land and they crushed his faith. I'm kind of scared of what he'll do now that he doesn't have that.

As glad as I am to see the Sofia storyline closed, I'm sad it had to end like that. My heart was breaking when she came walking out of the barn like that. This episode just had me torn all around. Now I have to wait for the next episode. :cry:
Thanks to DreamerLaure for the banner

Cocogurl's Fantasies
Buffsteraddict
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Buffsteraddict »

Okay, the suspense is KILLING ME.

I HATE that they don't make more episodes than this! It gets good and then bam, it's over.

I really have this love/hate relationship for Shane. It's like...he's losing it, but I love him, lol.

-Steph
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I like Shane and his..."Shoot first and kill them NOW!" mindset.

I don't like Lori at all!

I'm fine with her calling it off with Shane because her husband showed up alive.But she acts like everything that went down with them was his(Shane's) fault.Plus...sorry her telling him even if it's his kid she's carrying he'll have NO part with it....that was just wrong!

I mean for god sake the man was going to leave and be gone but than the woman he loves(Lori) but who has acted like she hates him now,comes up to him and begs him to stay!....talk about mixed signals! No wonder Shane is cracking and can't tell what way is up! :roll:
roswellian love
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellian love »

^ I agree completely
Lori needs to Die
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I'm not kidding...I can NOT stand this Lori on the show.She gets on my nerves horrible! Now I'm not saying Shane is in the right on all of the things but she sure the hell is not making it any better!

My main point is she's been hounding him about how OVER it is every freaking ep...and just the second he's about to take off and leave the group and get away from her she comes over to him and tells him how happy she is he's in the group and wants him to stay!!! :shock: :shock:

SHe also jumped on him for telling her that RIck was dead! Okay anyone else see that flashback where it showed Shane in the hospital trying to save Rick?! The power had gone out so no equipment to tell him if Rick was still alive! Zombies and soldiers fighting in the hallway! Gunshots and zombie moaning filling the hallway! Bombs going off right outside the window as Shane tried to use his ear to see if Rick was still alive!! It's no wonder he made the mistake and thought Rick had died...hell I think it shows what a good friend he was that he even stayed there in the middle of that crap trying to save his friend!!!
Last edited by killjoy on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

Honestly, Lori and Shane have always been my least fav people on this show. I mean, I dislike Shane more than I dislike Lori, but still, some of her decisions baffle me where she hates shane one minute and then the next, she's asking him to stay. She needs to make up her mind. And yeah, she was a bit unfair about leaving Rick behind. I mean, I don't believe Shane would've left Rick behind if he honestly thought he was still alive. This was a time when Shane actually WAS a friend to Rick.
Thanks to DreamerLaure for the banner

Cocogurl's Fantasies
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Sorry for the short notice, but AMC is airing a marathon of this series all day/evening today. They began with Season 1 and Season 2 episodes will be shown starting @ 5:30p, EST. Episodes will air until 1am, EST and then the movie 'Scream 3' will be shown at 1am, EST. They also advertise new episodes will return in Mid-February 2012 :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

It's coming back on here and a bit.....it's coming back on here and a bit.....it's coming back on here and a bit............... :!:

Sorry but I'm jumping up and down here for it to come back!!!!