The Misfits (AU,M/L,TEEN/MATURE) Pt 23 - AN 06/17/04 {WIP}

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

I love Orli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by I love Orli »

Here's part 20, after this only 3 more parts left. I hope you like this part. I talk about Pirates of the Caribbean and while I wish that I owned Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp, I don't own them or Pirates of the Caribbean, that's all Disney. I already have the next part written so you'll probably get it tomorrow or tuesday. Don't forget feedback.

Part 20
Liz POV

Max’s parents invited Alex and I to dinner tonight, so here we are, standing in front of their house waiting for someone to open the door.

“Hey you guys!” Max says as he opens the door to let us in. He leans over to me and gives me a kiss and grabs my hand. “My parents are in the living room, waiting to meet you.”

“Great.” I say, not exactly with confidence.

“They’ll love you, don’t worry.” Max whispers in my ear. I love how he knows what I’m thinking.

“Liz! How nice to see you again, dear.”

“Mrs. Evans?” It was the secretary at school. I’m so dumb. I didn’t even connect that they all have the same names.

“It’s Diane. How many times have I told you that? Now, come sit down here with us.”

Max and I sit down together in the love seat, while Alex and Isabel sit on the floor.

“And this is your brother, right?” Diane asks.

“Oh, yes. Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Evans this is my brother Alex.” Alex gets up and shakes hands with them.

“So, Alex, Liz, how are you two adjusting to life in Roswell?” Mr. Evans asked us.

“Uh…pretty good, I guess. It’s a lot different from Austin, but the people are great here and I think that’s what’s probably helping us adjust the best.” I tell them, and it’s the truth. I really think that had it not been for Michael, Maria, Isabel and Max I wouldn’t be having a great time here.

Ding!

“Oh! Dinner’s done! I hope you guys like pot roast.” Diane said as she walked out to the kitchen. Everyone got up and we all followed Diane to the kitchen. We all settle down and start dinner.

“So, how was it that you guys moved to Roswell?” Diane asks.

I look over to Alex as he answers.

“Well, our parents got a divorce and our mother wanted to move here and our father was going to stay in Austin. Liz and I decided that Austin just wasn’t for us anymore so we went with our mom.”

“So, you guys got to choose? It wasn’t like a huge custody battle?”

“No, actually I had just turn 19 and Liz had turn 18 when the divorce went through so we got to choose.”

“You’re 19? So where are you going for college right now?” Mr. Evans asked.

“Actually, I’m taking a year off from school.” Alex said, looking at his hands. We both could tell where this was going to end up.

“Oh really? What are your reasons for that?”

“Phillip! Really? Must you be so rude?!” Diane says.

“No, it’s okay, Mrs. Evans.” Alex said, turning to face Mr. Evans. “When my girlfriend and unborn child were killed by a drunk driver, and then my parents told us they were getting a divorce after 25 years of marriage I went through a wild spiral of depression. Right now I’m going through therapy and I’m happy with the life that I’m living now. People may decide that they are taking a year off for traveling reasons, but mine are personal, life changing reasons. My mom, and I, both felt that this would be best for me.”

God, Alex. I knew that something like this was going to happen. I should have talked to him before we left. I knew that the story was going to come up sometime, but I didn’t know Alex would be so harsh about it.

“Alex, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that you had to go through something like that. I didn’t mean to sound so rude, it just seemed so odd to meet a young man like you and find out that they aren’t going to school.” Mr. Evans said after a few minutes of silence.

“I completely understand Mr. Evans, and I am also sorry that Liz and I lived through this, but we got through and, while I will never forget Jessi, for the first time in a long time I can say that this is the happiest I’ve ever seen my sister and I wouldn’t trade that for anything.”

I squeeze Max’s hand, letting him know that I’m happy because of him. I look at Alex and I see tears in his eyes. This is the first time that he’s ever talked about Jessi. I’m so happy for him. He’s getting better now. He’s coming back to me.

We finished dinner without any more commotion, just some small talk and such. Alex, Isabel, Max and I moved to the living room to watch a movie. We all decided on ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’. Max and I took the floor this time, Max, laying down against a bunch of pillows and me cuddling next to him, and Alex and Isabel took the love seat. We were all talking during the previews when Max whispered in my ear, “I’ve got a present for you.”

I turn to face him.

“A present for me? Max, you didn’t have to get me anything.”

“I know, but I wanted to.” He says as he pulls out two tickets.

“The concert is in four months and it’s in Albuquerque, so we might have to stay the night somewhere.”

“You’re taking me to a concert?” How exciting. I haven’t been to many concerts.

“Not just any concert, a Third Eye Blind concert.”

I just stare at him. I don’t think I heard him right.

“Liz? Did you hear me?”

“I get to see Third Eye Blind?” I whisper to him.

He nods, “Front row, center. So, if you want, you can touch Stephan Jenkins.” He laughs slightly. I grab his face and kiss him, hard, and roll him onto his back.

“How did you get front row tickets to Third Eye Blind?” I ask him.

He winks, “I have my ways.” He kisses me. “So you want to go?”

“Are you kidding me?? Of course I want to go!!!” I jump up and starting jumping around screaming, “I’m going to see Third Eye Blind!”

“Liz, move! You’re in the way of the movie.” Alex says. I run up to him and jump on his lap. I hear him groan as I jump on him.

“I get to see Third Eye Blind!”

“Okay, I get it. You get to see Third Eye Blind. Now, if you don’t mind, could you get off of me? You’re like a freakin’ cow!” Alex says, wincing.

I slap him hard against his head. Jerk. I get off and sit down on Max’s lap.

“Thank you, so, so, so, so, so-“

“I get it, Liz.”

“-so, so, so, so-“

And I’m suddenly silenced by Max kissing me.

“You’re welcome. Now, can we watch the movie?” He grins at me. He’s so damn cute!

“Yes. And thank you so much. I can’t wait to go to the concert with you. I’m so excited.”

I lean up to give him a quick kiss and then cuddle next to him.

Right now, I’ve got to be the happiest person on the planet. I mean, who wouldn’t be with tickets to Third Eye Blind and a wonderful boyfriend like mine?
You may say I'm a dreamer,
Well I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.
~John Lennon

I love Orli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

The Misfits part 21

Post by I love Orli »

Thanks for the feedback, it was great. Here's part 21, it's long, at least it is to me. I hope you like it.

Part 21
Max POV

So, it’s been two months since I gave Liz the tickets to the concert, which is in two months. She’s so excited; it’s really cute, because all she talks about is the concert. She’s already memorized all the songs, so I think she’s ready.

We’ve been doing good, too. Alex and Isabel have become a real couple, as well as Michael and Maria, which was a total surprise to everybody. One day at lunch they just told us that they were together. Everybody stared at them, not one of us believed them. It was odd at first, because they are so different, but they actually compliment each other. In this case, opposites do attract.

Right now I’m over at Liz’s house and we’re doing our homework. We have a lab due in biology next week and Liz wants to finish it early.

“Okay, so do you want to write the hypothesis and the results? Or would you rather do something else?” Liz asks.

“No, no, that’s cool. Do you want me to make the graph, also?” I ask.

“Yeah, that would be grea-“

RING! RING!

“Max, could you answer the phone, since you’re sitting closer to it than me?”

“Sure, thing.” I say as I pick up the phone. “Hello?” I say into the phone, but all I get is silence. “Hello? Is anybody there?”

“Uh…yes…Is this the Parker residence?” A woman’s voice asks.

“Yes, ma’am, it is.”

“Is this Alex?”

“No, it isn’t, but let me see if he’s home.” I say, as I turn to Liz. “Liz, is your brother home?”

She shakes her head. “No, he’s with your sister today.”

“Sorry, but it looks like Alex isn’t here. Would you like to live a message, though?”

“Were you just talking to Liz? Can I talk to her?”

I hand Liz the phone, “She asked to speak to you.” She takes the phone from me, giving me a grin. “This is Liz.”

I just sit there, listening.

“Oh…hi. I didn’t expect to ever hear from you.” She looks a little uncomfortable.

“We’re doing just fine, thank you.”

Silence.

“Well, I don’t know if I’d be able to. It’s up to my mom.”

Silence.

“Alex, too? Well, I don’t know if he would go-“ She’s interrupted by the person on the phone.

“Yes, ok. I’ll talk to them and have my mom get back to you. Okay, good-bye.”

She looks a little shaken up after hanging up the phone.

“Liz?” I say. I’m worried, she looks like she’s going to cry.

“Liz, honey? Who was one the phone?”

She takes in a deep breath before answering.

“That was Mrs. Ramos. Jessi’s mom. She has invited Alex and I to their house for the weekend. She said that we have some things that need to be discussed.”

I move over to sit next to her and pull her into my lap, wrapping my arms around her and leaning her against me.

“Are you going to go?”

“I don’t know. I think I probably would, as long as my mom allowed it. I don’t think Alex would go, though. When we left he was so upset at them, I don’t think he could handle seeing them again. Too many bad memories.”

“Are you going to be alright? Do you want me to stay for a while?” I ask her.

“Actually, do you think I could be alone for a while? I just need some time to think.”

I nod, I understand completely. “Sure thing. Just call me if you need to talk, ok?”

She smiles. “Thank you for understanding. I’ll call you tonight.”

“Ok, I’ll talk to you later.” I lean towards her and give her a quick kiss before packing up all my stuff and leaving. I know she has things to think about and I’m not going to bother her, these sorts of things need to be thought about when by yourself. I just hope she remembers that I’m here for her.

Liz POV

I decided to tell Alex and Mom at dinner, later that night.

“So, I got a really weird phone call today.” I say during dinner.

“Oh, really? Who was it?” My mom asks.

“Well…It was Mrs. Ramos.”

I heard silverware drop onto a plate and so I looked up from my plate.

“What did she want?” Alex asked, obviously upset.

“Well, she invited me and you to Austin for the weekend. She said that there are some things that we should talk about and-“

“No. I’m not going. You can go if you want, but I’m staying here.” Alex said loudly, almost like he was yelling at me.

“But Alex, maybe they have something important to tell us. You never know. Maybe they want to apologize for the way they treat us.”

“No! Liz, I’m not going. You can’t force me to go, so just leave me the hell alone!!” He screams at me before storming off to his room. I can feel the tears in my eyes.

My mom reaches over and rubs my hand.

“It’s okay, Liz. You’re brother will be getting better, ok? Right now you should be focusing on yourself, trying to help yourself get better and if you think that going to Austin this weekend will help than you should go. You could always take someone else if you want.” And with that she walked away and starting putting the dishes away. I just sat there and thought about what she said.

“So, it would be alright with you if I took someone else with me?” I asked her.

“Honey, you do whatever you need to do to get over the grief.”

I sit there, trying to find a way to ask her my next question.

“So…would it be alright if I took Max with me?”

She stops washing the dishes and looks at me.

“I think that would be a great idea. Max has always been there for you. If it’s alright with his parents than, yes, you can take Max with you.”

I hug my mom, “Thank you, I’ll go call him right now.”

“When you two are done talking, let me speak to his parents so we can figure everything out.” I nod and run up stairs.

I pick up the phone in my room and hit speed dial number 1 and after a few rings Max picks up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey, sexy.”

“Hey, beautiful. What’s going on?”

“Well, you know how Jessi’s mom called and invited Alex and I to their house this weekend?”

“Yeah-huh.”

“Well, Alex doesn’t want to go so my mom said that I could take someone else with me and so I was wondering if you would go to Austin with me this weekend?”

“Was your mom alright with you asking me?”

“Oh yeah, she was fine with it, just as long as it’s alright with your parents. And she wants to talk to your parents after we’re done talking.”

“Okay, well, let me ask them real quick. I’m just gonna put you on hold for a few, k?”

“Yeah, that’s cool.”

I’m just sitting on my bed, waiting for Max to come back on when Alex peaks his head into my room. I look at him and pat the spot on my bed next to me.

“Mom told me you’re going to take Max with you.”

I nod.

“I’m sorry that I won’t go with you, but I don’t think I could handle looking at them again. They bring back so many memories, good ones and bad ones. Mostly bad ones. I just think it would be better for me to stay here.”

“I understand Alex, I’m sorry that I tried to push it, I just wanted you there with me, I don’t think I could handle being with them by myself, but I’m hoping that Max can go with me.”

I hear him click back on.

“Liz?”

“Yeah, I’m here.”

“My parents said that it would be alright, but they want to talk to your mom.”

“Really? They’re letting you go with me?” How fun. This is going to be a good weekend, me and Max.

“Yup. When do we leave?”

“Well, the Ramos’s bought plane tickets for Friday afternoon, so we’ll probably have to leave school a little early.”

“Okay, sounds cool. Oh, here’s my mom.”

“Hi, Liz.”

“Hi, Diane. Let me get my mom real quick. Tell Max I’ll talk to him later.”

“Sure thing, sweetie.”

So, Max is allowed to go with me. I’m not sure what to think about this weekend. While I’m happy that it’s going to be me and Max on our own, I’m worried about the Ramos’s. I’m worried about what they might try next. I’m just hoping that it’s good and not another blaming session.

TBC...
~John Lennon

I love Orli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

December 26, 2003 Part 22

Post by I love Orli »

Part 22
Max POV

This trip has proved to be extremely stressful for Liz. Just on the plane ride there she’s been so jumpy, she couldn’t settle down. Every time I try to talk to her she snaps at me. I really wish she would let me help her. I know she’s worried about what’s going to happen and I just want her to know that I’m there for her.

Liz POV

I’m so nervous; I don’t even know what to think about this trip. And, I’m so thankful that Max was able to come with me, he’s what’s holding me down. It may not seem like it at the minute, because I keep snapping at him, but I’m really scared.

I lean my head back against my seat and close my eyes. Maybe a little sleep will help me calm down.

Almost as soon as I close my eyes, I feel Max playing with my hair. I turn my head toward him and look up into his beautiful eyes.

“Sleepy?” He asks me. I shake my head.

“Not really, I was just hoping that maybe it would help me settle down a little.”

He nods, and pulls my head closer to him. “You can lean against me, it’s probably more comfortable than leaning against the seat.”

I smile at him and lean up to give him a quick kiss.

“Thank you.”

“It’s no prob. I’ll wake you when we are landing.”

“No,” I say, shaking my head. “I mean, thank you for everything. Especially for coming. I know I haven’t been the best company, but it really means a lot that you came with me.”

“I would do anything for you, Liz.” We kiss a little longer and then I lean against and fall into a deep sleep.

AN HOUR LATER

“Liz, sweetie, you need to wake up, the plane has landed.” Max says as he shakes me lightly.

I wake up, and stretch. “We’re here already?” Max nods and reaches up to the compartments to get our bags. He reaches for my hand and lifts me out of the seat.

“We probably shouldn’t make them wait.”

When he says that, it hits me what exactly is going on.

“Max, I don’t think I can do this. I…I mean, they caused such a mess in my life after Jessi died. And not only to me, but to Alex. What if that happens again? I don’t think I could handle that again.”

“Liz, you won’t have to handle it, at least not alone. I will always be there for you, ok? Now, this is the closure that you need, you have to go not only for you, but for Alex.”

I nod and grab his hand tighter as we walk out of the terminal.

I see them almost immediately. They haven’t changed at all. Max and I walk up to them, slowly.

“Liz,” Mrs. Ramos starts. “Thank you for coming.” She looks over at Max, confused. “Who is this? I thought Alex would be coming.”

“Alex couldn’t come. This is my boyfriend, Max.” Max says hello and shakes both of their hands.

“Well,” says Mr. Ramos. “Should we go get the rest of your luggage?”

“You don’t have to worry about that, sir, this all we brought.” Max says to them. They look over at the overnight bags we have with us.

“Okay, well, we’ll head to the car then.” The two of them walk off, in the front of us. I’m shaking. This is so hard. I thought I would never to have to come back, except maybe to see my dad every once in a while, but other then that I was trying to stay away from Austin, it has too many bad memories.

A few minutes later we reach the car and Max and I sit in the back.

“Are you okay?” Max whispers in my ear.

“I’ll be alright.” I give him a wavering smile as he wraps his arms around me.

“If you want, Liz, we can take a little tour around Austin and show Max some of the stuff here.” Mrs. Ramos suggests.

I nod. “That would be great, thank you.”

We drive around for an hour, just pointing out things, the capitol, the main colleges around the area, my elementary, middle and high school, my old house. We pull into the Ramos’ garage and I’m thrown back at all the memories. The house looks the same, everything looks the same. It suddenly feels like the whole world is crowding me, and I start hyperventilating.

“Liz? Oh my god! Liz, are you okay?” Max says, running over to me. I shake my head, while trying to pull in air. “Liz, you just need to breath, ok? It’ll all be alright, just calm down and breath.”

I start to calm down as I feel Max rubbing my back, I pull in deep breaths, but let out with loud sobs. Max pulls me into a fierce hug and I wrap myself around him.

“Do you mind giving us a few minutes?” He asks the Ramos’.

“Of course. We’ll be inside. Come in whenever you’re ready.” And they head inside. So, it’s just Max and I sitting outside in the middle of the front lawn, and me sobbing loudly.

“It’s okay, Liz. Just let it out.”

“God, Max. The memories here are too much. They’re all crowding me and rushing to me. And it hurts! It hurts so much. I miss her so much.” I say between sobs.

“I know, babe. And you should miss her, she was your best friend, so go ahead and just let everything out. We’ll stay out here for as long as you need.”

Just listening to him talk is calming down and within a few minutes I’m all cried out.

Max pulls away slightly and looks into my eyes.

“Are you okay? Are you ready to go in now?” He wipes the remaining tears off my face.

“I’m ready now. Thank you.” We lean in for a kiss, a soft, loving kiss.

I pull away, “We should go in now.”

He nods and smiles at me as he grabs my hand and we walk into the house together.

TBC...I'm thinking the next part should be up pretty soon. I really hope you all enjoy! Please leave feedback![/b]
~John Lennon

I love Orli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 23 January 4, 2004

Post by I love Orli »

Hey you guys, thanks for all the great feedback!! I hope everybody had a great Holiday and New years! Here's the new part, I hope you like it. Please remember to leave feedback!!

Part 23
Liz POV

The four of us get settled in the living room, after Max and I put our stuff away. Max and I take the love seat while Mr. and Mrs. Ramos take the couch directly across from us. They extremely uncomfortable, why did they want me to come back?

“Well, Liz, I guess you’re wondering why we asked you to come back this weekend.” Mr. Ramos starts out. I just nod my head.

“Well, we’ve had almost a year to mourn for Jessi and to think about her death and we realized while talking one night that all we had done right after Jessi died was blamed you and Alex for it. We just wanted to apologize for acting the way we did. Neither of you deserved it. And we wish that Alex would have come with you, so we could talk to him also.” Mr. Ramos says.

“Alex didn’t come because he wouldn’t have been able to handle it. You will never begin to realize what sort of stuff you put Alex through last year. Yes, you’re daughter died, but Alex’s girlfriend, and child, died too. You weren’t the only ones suffering! How do you think I felt when I woke up from my coma and found out that not only was my best friend dead, but her parents had already had her funeral, so I couldn’t even pay my respects to her? And Alex? How do you think he felt? He has gone through so much therapy in this past year, and he still can’t get over it. And you did that to him.” I finally lashed out. I couldn’t hold it in anymore. Oh, sure, they want to apologize, but they don’t even know what we’ve had to go through. I’m just glad that Max is here, I don’t know how I would be able to handle this without him.

“Liz…you’re right. We never realized that the two of you went through that. We weren’t thinking. And that wasn’t fair to you and Alex, because for your whole life we considered the both of you our own children. Even when Alex and Jessi started dating. I saw how happy he made her and vice versa. But, when you guys left almost immediately after her death we always thought that you had moved on already and that’s when we started to resent you.”

“You’re wrong. We hadn’t moved on, and we never will be able to. Jessi was such a huge part in both of our lives and she always will be. Yes, we might be moving on with our lives now, but we will never forget her. And the only reason why we are able to move on is because of the people we have now who are helping us live and grow and learn that life happens and you just gotta go with it. We will never forget Jessi, though; she will always be in our hearts and be with us no matter where we are or what we’re going through.” I feel Max grab my hand and squeeze it. I look up at him and smile as he brushes his mouth over our hands.

“You’re right and we are both so sorry. I guess that neither of us really realized that you two would always be going through terrible things. Therapy? And we know about your knee. We just hope that you guys can forgive us.” Mrs. Ramos says, crying at the same time. I look up at her and with one look I’m sobbing along with her. I walk over to her and pull her into a hug.

“We really are sorry, Liz. Please forgive us!” I just nod my head and sob with her. A few minutes later we both calm down and we look at each other. “I’m so sorry Liz.”

“I know me too. We both lost a huge part of our lives. But it’ll be okay, we’ll live, we’ll just have to always remember her.” Mrs. Ramos smiles and suddenly stands up, grabbing my hand.

“There’s some stuff we wanted to give you and Alex.” I look over to Max and smiles, saying he’ll be okay sitting out there, waiting for me. Mrs. Ramos and I walk up the stairs and as we do the memories flood me, millions of memories of Jessi and I running up and down these stairs, giggling all the way up to her room. I stiffen as I start to remember these and Mrs. Ramos notices. “Liz, honey, are you okay?” I nod, “Yeah, it’s just…memories. Lots of memories.” She nods with tears in her eyes. We continue walking and I notice that we are heading towards Jessi’s room. Mrs. Ramos opens the door and I look in. It looks exactly the same, like she never died, like she would pop out of her bathroom, run over and give me a hug.

I shake my head at Mrs. Ramos. “I’m sorry, I don’ think I can go in there.” I’m on the verge of being hysterical, and I think she can tell. She nods, “Just wait here, then, and I’ll get the stuff for you.” I nod and let out a shaky breath. I lean against the wall and slide down it, holding in the tears. God, this is so hard.

She comes out a few minutes later with two paper bags in her arms. The bags she’s holding say “Liz” and “Alex”. She hands me the bag that says “Liz”.

“We went through some of her stuff and few weeks ago and found some stuff that we thought you might want. Same with Alex.” She sits on the floor next to me. I shuffle through the bag, looking at all the stuff there was in there. A lot of it was pictures, pictures of us as little kids covered in mud or going swimming. Some of it was letters that we would write to each other during classes. The thing that hit me the hardest was her journal. I pull it out of the bag. “Are you sure you want to give this to us?” Mrs. Ramos nods her head. “Yes, most of the stuff she wrote about was about you and Alex, you guys deserve it.” I smile. “Thank you so much for this, Alex will really appreciate it.” She smiles and helps me up.

“So…tell me about you and Max.” She says as we’re walking down the stairs. My smile grows and I know she can tell. “You’re glowing. You guys must be really great together.”

“You don’t even know the half of it. Max is the one who brought me out of my stupor. He’s really helped me get through a lot of stuff, and Alex too.” I think about all the stuff we’ve been through.

“I’m glad that you found someone you love, who loves you back, Liz.”

I look at her when she says that. Love? Am I in love with Max? Yeah, you know what? I am.

“Yeah, I really do love him.”

TBC...
~John Lennon

I love Orli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Author's Note

Post by I love Orli »

Hey you guys. I just want to say how sorry I am that I forgot about this fic. School was super busy this past semester, but now it's summer and I can finish this story finally! Thanks for the bumps and the wonderful feedback!
~John Lennon