BOARD UPDATE THIS WEEK & Info on mail notifications

Do you need help on the board or on the site? All questions, suggestions, etc. should go here. We also have a lot of Frequently Asked Questions, so be sure to check those out using the link below before you ask :)

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Re: BOARD UPDATE THIS WEEK (MAY 18-22)

Post by RosDude »

max and liz believer wrote:Short question;

are the email notifications completely out of function nowadays? I'm sure that you're aware of it and if I missed the message that there's nothing to be done about it, I'm sorry that I bring it up again :oops: I'm just wondering...since I haven't heard anything new on the topic lately and silently wondered if it was just my account that was not working.

You do an amazing work, so if it's not fixable, don't stress. I'll manage somehow :roll:

- Jo

I don't know if it's been fixed or not, but I get email notifications in my spam box. You may want to check there.

~Chad~
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by max and liz believer »

Chad, that's a great tip. The email I'm using doesn't have a spam box, so I can't find anything there, but you gave me an idea about changing my account settings. When I stumbled in there I realised that lately (at some point) they've changed the rule on how long your password should be and mine was too short. That might've been the problem, so I'm trying that. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna change my email to one that has a spam box so I can at least find them in there (perhaps :roll: )

Thanks for starting up my brain!

- Jo

------------------------------

Okay, so I changed my password and my email. First I only changed the password, but that made no difference. When I changed over to another email account, I was suddenly getting the notifications again.

Not that this is very exciting news, but I thought I would post what I did here in case someone else is still having troubles with notifications. Maybe this will help others as well.

Ciao
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Email notifications may or may not get delivered to you. It depends on who you use for your email server. For some reason that we still don't know, the server we're on was blacklisted as a spammer. Some ISPs completely block our emails from even going through, some will dump them in your junk folder and others will let them through. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it. Once you're on the blacklist, you never come off so it's completely dependent on your ISP or email server. I know this is inconvenient for a lot of you and I really wish there were something I could do to help.