Kings

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Kings

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Anyone watching it? Any money on what the Princess' secret is?

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Kings

Post by Zanity »

Kzinti_Killer wrote:Anyone watching it? Any money on what the Princess' secret is?

Rick
Yeah I've been watching it... No clue what her secret is but the basic this show definately has biblical origins... lets see...
In the show --> Biblical

--Shiloh is the Capitol city --> Shiloh was the city that originally held the Tabernacle of God and the city where Samuel was raised
--David Shepard --> David was a Shepard
--Davids mother is Jesse --> Davids father was Jesse
--David was the youngest and had 6 older brothers --> David was the youngest and had 7 older brothers
--Reverend Shepard told King Silas God was no longer with him and he was no longer King --> Judge/Priest/Prophet Samuel told King Saul that God was no longer with him and He would appoint another King
--Butterflies signaled Davids anointing as next king --> Samuel anointed David as next king
--David destroyed a Goliath Tank that belonged to Gath --> David slew Goliath of Gath the 10 foot tall giant
--When Silas tried offering David a reward David indicated his interest in the kings daughter --> King Saul gave David his daughters hand in marriage as a reward for slaying Goliath

The list actually goes on a lot longer than this but I think I've made my point.
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Re: Kings

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Oh, the biblical background is obvious, but they're taking serious liberties. And Samuel *did* annoint David. When David fixed his car.

BTW, to add the the list, The country's name is Gilboa.....In the bible, the battle of Gilboa was where King Saul and his son Jonathon were killed.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins