Always Saying Goodbye (SN,XO,UC,Mature) AN 3/26/10 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

When Dean & Liz get their act together, should they...

Poll ended at Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Commit to each other in their hearts but no commitment ceremony
18%
Commit to each other under the law (Legally marry)
10%
Commit to each other spiritally (Married in a church)
46%
Don't care, just get them together
26%

Total votes: 39

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Okay, I know it's Wednesday but I'm feeling seriously unappreciated right now so I need some feedback to pep me up.

Long story short, today is my birthday. At my job, everyone always brings in something to eat for breakfast or to snack on someone's birthday as well as cards or what not. I'm always one of the first ones to volunteer to bring stuff in when the person who organizes it asks me. I came in today and there was nothing. Everyone knew it was my birthday too. So I came here to get some love.

Here's the next part. Despite the fact that I am posting it while I"m at work, you might not think it's work friendly.

Part 10
2005 (Continued from before)
Roswell New Mexico

Dean moved achingly slow as he pulled her towards him, giving Liz time to pull away from him but she didn’t want to. It hadn’t been her intention when she kissed his cheek for anything to come of it, especially not this. But now that it looked like there would be, a thrill went down her spine. His hand on her cheek felt so warm yet rough as he held her face. She moved forward slightly and met him half way.

The first kiss was soft, their mouths barely touched as tongues darted out to stroke the other tenderly. After a few minutes of exploration, they both pulled away and stared at each other for a minute before Liz silently communicated her wish to continue. As his lips touched hers again the flame ignited and flared. Dean brought his arms around her to pull her closer while Liz threaded her hands through his hair, and pushed him into a deeper kiss. She felt the tingly of a connection struggling to open but Liz forced it down. Right now she only wanted to have the sensations she was currently experiencing, not ones of past memories.

A part of Dean’s mind told him that he should stop that this woman in his arms was not one of his bar conquest but a close friend who should be off limits. However the majority of Dean’s mind overruled it. He had been attracted to her for years and had always shoved it aside but not now. She felt too good in his arms. His hands traveled down to her hips where he gripped them and pulled her on to his lap while he continued to explore the recesses of her mouth.

As they pulled apart for air, Dean moved his lips to trace the edges of her lips before moving downward. Liz was very aware of how many nerve endings filled each inch of skin that Dean’s lips touched especially when he found a sensitive spot behind her right ear. He teased the spot before he skimmed down the column of her throat to the hollow of her collarbone. She knew that at some point, they were going to have to talk about what was going on but not until much much later. She wanted this time with him, even if it was over in the morning.

Dean was surprised when he felt Liz pull her lips away from him and move to stand. He instantly thought that she regretted what they had started but when she pulled him in the direction of her window he quickly dismissed the idea. She wasn’t pushing him away; she was taking him to her bed. Liz slipped through her window and he followed. He was barely upright before she tugged him near her and their lips met again. The sudden sound of the door being slammed shut caused Dean to pull back in surprise. But then he saw the small devilish smile on Liz’s lips and knew that she had done it with the powers she had told him about. “Nice. What else can you move with your powers?”

“I could show you but I’m more of a hands on girl.” Liz replied as she leaned forward.

Their mouths moved back to each other, only this time when Dean broke away, it was to leave a trail of hot, wet kisses down her throat and across her collarbone. He planted kisses all along the soft skin there and Liz arched her spine, while she tilted her head back so he had better access to her neck. Her skin felt so soft and warm under his lips, and he wanted to experience every inch of it.

Liz had been with other guys before, but she had never felt so calm and comfortable as she felt at that moment with Dean. She didn’t know if it was because they were so at ease with each other after knowing each other for so long or what. But where there was a relaxed feel to being with him, Liz also felt a great deal of passion for Dean. And every kiss seemed to make their desire that more intense

His hands moved to roam her body while his mouth moved to hers again as. Her clothes were thin and Dean was able to feel the curves underneath. He worked his way around to her breasts and Liz moaned softly as he gently fondled first one breast, then the other, through the thin fabric of her top. Liz moved his hands to the hem of her top and helped him pull it over her head before she brought her hands up to undo the buttons on his top shirt.

Liz pushed the shirt off of his shoulders and down his arms before throwing it to the floor and repeated the maneuver with his undershirt. Now naked from the waist up like her, Liz pulled back and looked him over. She had always known Dean was gorgeous. She had seen him shirtless at various times over the years but her eyes quickly picked up the differences. Her eyes noticed his muscles were larger and more defined, and his chest was dotted with scars that showed the danger in his life.

Dean felt like he was on fire as Liz explored his chest. Her hair tickled his skin as her lips followed the path her fingertips traced. It seemed that she covered every one of the muscles in his shoulders, his arms, and his chest. Her mouth ignited his nerve endings as she licked the tender scar tissue that decorated his chest. He had never seen a woman look at his scars with such interest and explore them so tenderly. She moved downwards until she reached his navel and then reversed her course back up. Her mouth had barely reached his shoulder again before he pulled her face to his and kissed her deeply.

After he released her mouth several minutes later, Dean moved to explore the skin that he had exposed when he had removed her top but had not had a chance to investigate. Liz gasped when he ran his tongue over her shoulder along her collarbone before he lifted her up and laid her gently on the bed behind her. As soon as she was settled down the mattress, Dean pulled up to look at her. Her long hair was fanned out behind her and her lips were puffy from their kissing. She looked ravished and unbelievably sexy. He moved his eyes down to her breasts and he couldn’t stop the smile that spread across his face as he lay back down on top of her. He took gentle nipping bites of the soft flesh with his lips, again and again.

Every time his breath blew over the wet skin or the coarseness of his stubble brushed against her skin, Liz shivered. He drove her crazy as he avoided where she wanted his mouth most until his lips closed over the tip of her breast. He teased the tight bud with the flat of his tongue while he sucked, drawing moans from her, then switched to the other breast. He lavished it with the same attention until he felt her hands along his waistband, undoing the button and zipper. He stilled her hands before Dean copied her movements by slipping his hands into the waistband of her pants. He slowly slid them off along with her underwear and tossed them aside. His eyes scoured over her now naked flesh in silent appraisal. There was still that small part of him that thought he shouldn’t be seeing his friend nude and underneath him but they were pushed away by the part of his mind that was telling him how seeing her naked was turning him on even more then he was before.

Her clothes did a complete injustice to her curves. He had felt her body pressed tightly up against him on several occasions and could see that the years had added more lusciousness to her already attractive body. She was small, petite, but not small in a way that made him feel as if he would break her. Instead it was more as if he wanted to just cover her with his own body and wrap himself around her protectively to shut out everything else. But before he could do that, he wanted to be rid of the rest of his clothing. He pulled back off the bed and took off his socks, pants, and boxers making sure to grab his wallet at the last minute and toss it next to them on the bed.

Instead of climbing back up her body, Dean lifted her right foot to place an open mouth kiss on the inside of her ankle and started to work his way up. He felt Liz quiver every time his lips touched her skin. He couldn’t help but smirk as her fingers clenched the bed sheets beneath them and her back bowed off the bed when he reached her upper thigh.

Liz couldn’t take the sensations of Dean’s mouth any longer, they were intense but they weren’t enough. “Dean, stop tormenting me.”

For once, Dean didn’t reply with a sarcastic comment. Instead, he quickly retrieved the condom from his wallet and rolled it on before sliding his hands back up her legs. He grasped her legs behind her knees before he moved to kneel between her parted thighs. He kept his hands hooked under her knees so that her legs were drawn up against him completely, placing him at her entrance. Dean looked Liz in the eye as with one smooth, fast motion he thrust completely inside of her.

Liz threw her head back and gasped in both surprise and pleasure as he entered her. He filled her completely but had not moved yet. They just stayed still for a moment while they enjoyed the sensation of being together in the most of intimate way possible. When their eyes met, Dean began to move within her and soon Liz wrapped her legs around him, wanting him to go deeper. Soon his position was not satisfying enough and Dean moved forward to hover over her, allowing him to penetrate her more. The only sound in the room was the echoes of moans and whimpers from both of them as they moved together and explored this new aspect to their relationship. Eventually the pace began to quicken, kisses became hungrier, as their passion flared.

"Yes, yes..." Liz moaned, nearly breathless, as an orgasm began to build within her. Her whole body trembled with the overwhelming pleasure. Dean placed his mouth over hers and kissed her roughly as she came down only to feel her body tense again with another orgasm. As her nails dug into his shoulders, Dean groaned and fought to hold himself back yet still continue to please Liz.

As soon as her brain cleared from the effects of her orgasm, Liz decided that she wanted to be on top of Dean. She leaned forward and kissed him as she pushed on his shoulders to indicate what she wanted. Dean immediately understood and rolled them over. As soon as Dean’s back was flat against the bed, Liz began to ride him while he rose to meet her momentum.

Dean watched as Liz moved above him. She looked gorgeous, her face flushed, eyes dark with desire, as her body arched and slid against his. Dean couldn’t help but move his hands from her hips up to her breasts to touch her again. His actions aroused her more and her pace increased causing him to gasp at the stimulation. It was more then he could take and finally his control began to wan. His hands slipped down to her hips to increase their thrusts.

Liz moaned as she felt herself reaching her climax she threw her head back. Her eyes closed of their own accord as he drove into her one more time and she snapped. Waves of pleasure radiated throughout her body as she felt Dean let go beneath her.

As soon as he felt Liz tightened around him, Dean let himself go. His orgasm rolled through his body and he continued to pump into her. They both kept moving as small aftershocks ran through them until Liz collapsed on top of him. A few minutes later, she slipped over to his side while they tried to catch their breaths.

When it became necessary to take care of cleaning matters, Dean extracted himself from the bed and went into her bathroom. While inside, he thought about what would happen when he stepped out of the small bathroom and after a few minutes, Dean built himself up enough to walk out.

But as he stepped out, Dean saw that his pep talk was unneeded. Liz was fast asleep curled onto her side. Before he realized what he was doing, Dean crawled in next to her and curled up behind her. Just before his eyes shut, he noticed that sun rays were just starting to hit the balcony outside.
If you like Liz and Dean, check out this community on lj:

Drifter Love

Like my stories and want to hear more about ideas? Visit me here: My LJ
LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes, they mean a lot to me.

I'm posting a super long part, or at least it is compared the rest of them. But don't get too excited. I probably won't post on Monday. My son has his first cross country meet on Saturday and I'm not sure how much time I'll have to write this weekend and I don't want to run out of parts. Here you go.

Part 11
January 2005 (Continued from before)
Roswell New Mexico

As soon as he woke up, Dean knew he was alone. It was an odd feeling, usually after he spent the night with someone; it was he who was the one to leave before they woke up. Now he was the one left in the cold bed. “Liz?”

When no answer came from the bathroom, he knew he was alone. Dean wondered if perhaps Liz had left to avoid any awkwardness that might happen. He knew that despite how comfortable they had been the night before, things could get uneasy between them. They’d been friends for most of their lives and now they had slept together, so Dean wasn’t real sure how that left things.

After a brief search of the floor, Dean found his discarded boxers and jeans and slipped them on. He decided against a shirt when he couldn’t find it and padded out of Liz’s room to look for her. “Liz?”

“In here.” Liz called back to him from the kitchen.

Dean didn’t hear any hesitation in her voice so he took her up on her invitation and headed in her direction. But when Dean rounded the corner, Liz wasn’t the only one he found in the kitchen. His father was there as well, leaning against the sink, with a cup of coffee in hand.

Dean had completely forgotten the possibility that his dad could be in the kitchen and there no way to deny it what had happened while he was gone. Not with his dad knowing he hadn’t slept on the couch or Liz in just a robe and he in just his jeans. Dean could see by the look in his dad’s eyes that he was not overly thrilled with the idea of what happened between he and Liz. “Morning, Dad.”

“Afternoon Dean. It’s almost 3.” John replied, letting his son know how late it was.

Liz could feel the tension in the room and felt bad that it was partly due to her. When she had come into the kitchen earlier, she too was surprised to find John already there making a pot of coffee. As they talked, he had acted normal as if nothing was amiss despite the fact that Liz could see that John knew exactly how close she had gotten with his son the night before. She had planned to warn Dean about it but he had woken before she could get back there.

Deciding now was a good time to leave, Liz smiled at John. “I better get a move on if I don’t want to be late.”

But before she left the kitchen, Liz reached up and hugged John. “Thanks again, for everything. I appreciate it more then you know. And I hope you know that you always have a place to stay if you need it. Or anything else.”

“I do.” John answered. “Take care of yourself.”

“I will.” Liz replied before turning towards the door. She gave Dean a little wink before she left them alone.

Dean caught the wink but stifled a smile as he took the cup of coffee his dad was handing him. “So I guess we’re heading out today?”

“Well I had planned on heading out and leaving you here for a few days to make sure that there was only one Waheela in the area but now, I’m thinking that might not be the best idea.” John explained.

“That’s a little harsh Dad; you know I’ll do my job.” Dean snapped.

“Which is why I’m still leaving you here.” John stated. “Now, I’ve never said anything about the things you do during your down time. This life isn’t a picnic and with you still being young, I know you need to blow off some steam. But I’ve known that girl her whole life and her Daddy was a good friend, she’s not some girl that you picked up at a bar and can leave without looking back, Dean.”

“I know that.” Dean declared.

“But I also know that you didn’t take advantage of her, or make her do anything against her will. It’s not your way and Liz wouldn’t stand for it.” John explained. “I just want you to be careful. And make sure that you think with the brain that rests above your belt.”

“Yes, sir.” Dean answered. After that, the discussion was switched to hunting. They settled on how long Dean would stay in Roswell as well as where they were to meet up. When they were done, Dean walked his dad to the door where his beat up duffle was waiting.

After his dad was gone, Dean headed back to Liz’s room. Again it was empty but as soon as he stepped in, Liz rushed out of the bathroom. She was now fully dressed and fresh from the shower if the wet hair hanging out her shoulders was any indication. When she saw him she smiled. “Hey, I see you survived your dad.”

“Yeah, we agreed I would stick around for a few days to make sure everything was safe.” Dean explained. “If that’s okay with you.”

“Why wouldn’t it be?” Liz asked curiously then understood when he looked down at his state of undress and then at her bed with it’s rumbled sheets. “Oh, you mean because of last night.”

“Yeah.” Dean answered.

“I don’t have time to talk to you about this now. We slept a lot longer then I thought I would. I was exhausted.” Liz explained. She saw a smirk on Dean’s face at her last statement and couldn’t help but toss a pillow at him as she went back to her closet to get her shoes.

Dean caught the pillow effortlessly before it hit him in the head. As Liz emerged from the closet, he saw that her wet hair was now dry and pulled back in a tight braid. The transformation was so quick that he knew she had to have done it with her powers and tried to keep the surprise off of his face. “So where you going?”

“I’ve got to meet Maria and Michael, talk about the café.” Liz answered. “I’ll be awhile. Enjoy having the apartment to yourself, grab some breakfast or lunch, take a shower. The washer is empty if you need it.”

“Is that a dig that I stink?” Dean quipped.

“No, just thought you might want to take advantage of the free room and board.” Liz said, not holding back the laughter from his joke. As she headed towards the door, Liz took the opportunity to grab the back of Dean’s head and pull his mouth down to hers.

The kiss was brief but tender and Dean responded quickly. However Liz didn’t let her lips linger and pulled away all too soon for Dean’s liking and then disappeared out the door before he could yank her back. He heard the front door slam and knew he was alone.

Three hours later, Dean was going stir crazy from boredom. He had raided the fridge in the apartment and the café below and ate at least six different kinds of casseroles. He had begrudgingly taken Liz’s advice and did laundry. Considering he didn’t have much, it didn’t take him long and then he vegged out in front of the TV watching horrific daytime TV. When that became too much, he went in to take a shower.

By the time Liz came back from meeting with Michael and Maria, she felt like she had been put through the ringer. For hours the three of them had poured over all of the files for the café. It had hurt her seeing her dad’s chicken scratchings on the supply lists and work schedules or her mom’s neat handwriting on the check ledger. But she had pushed it aside and concentrated on what she was doing. In the end, the three of them figured out what to do and Liz was happy with the arrangement.

As she let herself into the apartment, Liz looked around but it appeared empty. “Dean? Are you here? Dean!”

“Yeah?!” Liz heard from behind her. She turned to see Dean standing in the doorway to the hall bathroom in nothing but a towel. Despite the fact that she had seen him in less just a few hours before, Liz couldn’t help but swallow hard at the sight of him. “I was just checking to see if you were here.”

“Well you got your answer.” Dean replied as he ran another towel through his hair. He had just been finishing up when he had heard Liz’s shouts and had run right out.

“Yeah, I did.” Liz stated. She watched as the muscles on his chest and arms moved as he dried himself off and made herself look upwards. “I wanted to tell you I was back.”

Dean nodded and tried to keep the smile off of his face when he saw Liz’s reaction to his state of undress. “Get everything done?”

“Pretty much.” Liz answered. “I think we covered every angle of the café and I caught them up on the hunt last night. Thing is, Michael thought it might be a good idea if they came over and talked to you about it.”

“I don’t know. That many aliens, I’m scared they might get carried away with the cross-examination and break out the probes.” Dean joked causing Liz to smile. “I’ll go get dressed.”

“Well no rush.” Liz declared. “I mean none of them are going to be over for a little bit. Everyone except for Maria and Michael had to work.”

“Then we have some time to kill.” Dean said with a smirk. “Any suggestions on what we should do with all the extra time?”

“Well I had thought about getting something to eat and taking a nap.” Liz told him as she moved closer so that they were only an arm’s length away. “But now I’m thinking of doing something else in my bed. If you’re up for it?”

“Oh, I’m always up for it. Why don’t you come over here and see?” Dean answered before he reached for Liz’s arm and pulled her up against him and kissed her. Before long, the towel was joined on the floor by Liz’s clothes.

Later as Liz curled up against Dean’s warm chest, her body felt loose and tingly. The only part of her that she could even think of moving at the moment was her hand as her fingers played with the pendant on the leather strap around his neck. “Well that was far more restorative then a nap.”

Dean chuckled. “I’m glad my services could be of use.”

Liz’s head popped up from his shoulder to look at him. “Dean, that’s not why I wanted to…”

“I know.” Dean assured her, smiling at her.

“Okay,” Liz relaxed. “I just didn’t want you to think I would use you or something like that.”

“Thought never crossed my mind.” Dean declared. “But feel free to use me any time you want.”

Liz adjusted the arm she’d been laying on to prop herself up so she could look at him while her other hand continued to run over the pendant. Her hand closed around the pendant as she looked it over. “What is this thing anyway? I’ve never seen you wear it before.”

“It’s a protection talisman.” Dean explained. “My dad’s friend Caleb gave it to me, he said its Egyptian but almost every culture has something like it.”

“Every culture…” Liz repeated before she switched her focus from the pendant to her dresser.

Dean watched as Liz extracted herself from his body and walked to her dresser. She opened up her jewelry box and rummaged around until she pulled a large silver ring out. “We found this in my grandmother’s things that were here. After I saw the inscription, I recognized it as Navaho and asked my Dad for it. Here, look.”

Dean took the ring and looked examined it. It was large, man-sized silver ring. There were no signs of tarnish on it and it looked very plain until he saw the writing inside. “Do you know what it says?”

“Yeah, but that didn’t help me understand it. I thought it was a poem or proverb because it talked about the spirits. But I think it might be like your amulet.” Liz said giving the details that she knew.

Dean nodded. “Maybe. I’d have to ask Caleb or one of the others for sure.”

“Take it.” Liz said when he tried to hand it back. “You need it more than me.”

“No,” Dean shook his head. “It was Claudia’s. It should stay with you.”

“And for all you know, she brought it with her to Roswell so that we could pass it to you or John. She cared about the three of you a lot.” Liz declared.

“Are you sure?” Dean asked to double check. He didn’t want to take something from Liz that helped her hold onto her grandmother.

“Yeah, it’ll make me feel better knowing that you’re wearing it.” Liz assured him. Dean slipped the ring onto his right hand, and stared at it for a minute. It fit perfectly. Liz looked at the ring then at Dean and before she knew it, the question left her lips. “What are we doing?”

Dean’s face broke out into a smile. “You’re the smart one here; I didn’t think you needed an encyclopedia to figure that out. However if you need another demonstration…”

Liz laughed as she smacked him lightly on the chest. “I know ‘what’ we are doing; I meant the fact that we are doing it. I mean, we’ve been friends practically since birth now suddenly we’re sleeping together.”

“And?” Dean asked not understanding exactly where she was coming from. They worked good together so what was the problem?

“And…you’re leaving town in a few days for God knows where and I’m heading back to Chicago.” Liz acknowledged.

“So you’re going back to school?” Dean asked.

“Yeah, I’m going to finish up and graduate in the summer. I’m going to fly back as often as I can and Michael and Maria are going to be co-managers.” Liz explained. “And you are changing the subject.”

“I was just trying to stay updated.” Dean commented innocently. “As for what we are doing, I don’t know. But do we have to figure it out? Can’t we just see what happens?”

“I don’t work that way.” Liz stated. “I’m not asking for a full definition and rule book. I just want to know if this is a one time thing or if maybe this is something I should expect when you swing through town?” Liz asked.

“Well that depends, I’ll never know when I’ll be back in the Southwest.” Dean stated.

“That’s no different than before. We never knew when you were going to be passing through. Hell I won’t even be in town for another eight months.” Liz reminded him. “Do you want to come back and see me?”

“Of course I do.” Dean exclaimed, “But it’s not exactly fair to you.”

Liz rolled her eyes. “I’m not saying that I put my life on hold or that I sit and pine away for you. Our lives, all aspects of our lives that is, would go on. If either of us meets anyone, well then…”

Dean looked at Liz’s beautiful face and the questioning look in her eyes. He had always cared about her, and during their last few trips had become attracted to her more then he should. He knew he wasn’t setting himself up but she knew his secrets and had some of her own. And that made them kind of make sense together even if a part of him thought that she’d be happier with someone with a more normal life. “Yeah, I’ll come back.”

Liz smiled before leaning forward to kiss him. The silence of the room was broken by a knock at the door followed by Maria’s voice. “Liz?”

“Give me a minute, we’ll meet you downstairs.”

“Um, sure.” Maria responded through the door. Liz could tell that she was trying to figure out what was going on.

Liz hopped back out of bed and started searching for new clothes to put on. “I can’t believe for the second time today, I’m going to be late. This is your fault.”

“My fault?” Dean asked.

“Yes, your fault. I get horizontal with you and I loose all concept of time.” Liz teased.

“It’s a gift.” Dean fired back. “I don’t have any clothes in here; do you think she’s gone?”

“Probably.” Liz said as she pulled on a shirt. “But I’ll go out first just in case. See you downstairs for your induction into ‘I know an alien club.”

“Can’t wait.” Dean muttered before Liz flew out the door.

Drifter Love

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Lillie wrote:I was hoping for another chapter, but than I realized that today is Thursday. There'll be an update tomorrow. That'll be one of the things that keeps me going tomorrow. Through my hellish day at work.
I did that all day yesterday too, I kept thinking that it was Friday, it was depressing when I realized it wasn't.

Well guys, here's a new part for you. I hope you like it but I think some of you might be a little disappointed. Look for the AN at the bottom of the post after you read this and you'll see why.

Anyways, I wanted to get this posted before I forget. I usually don't post until I get home but I have a lot of stuff to do tonight and plan to go to bed early because Taylor has a Cross Country meet in the morning that is a decent drive away so I didn't want to leave you hanging if I didn't get on the computer.

Now, i'll stop babbling and get on with the story.

PS If anyone here has a good suggestion on how to keep a 9 year old from loosing every possession he owns, I'll give you spoilers for where I'm going with the story

Part 12

Once Liz left, Dean headed to the guest room in search of clothes before heading downstairs. He moved quietly so not to call attention to himself and snuck up to the kitchen door where there was a little window. On the other side of it he saw Maria, the Sheriff, and two other people he assumed were Michael and Isabel with Liz. They were still missing Kyle and Max. Dean was glad that the latter one had not arrived yet.

“Hey Dean, Liz said you’d be down soon.” A voice said from his side. Dean turned to look and saw Kyle approaching from the back door of the bathroom. “Ready for your first meeting in the ‘I know an Alien Club’?”

“I see the gang’s all here, well pretty much.” Dean declared as he continued to look through the window.

“Except for El Captaine.” Kyle replied. “Mini Max was having some kind of kiddie meltdown and he had to stay at home with him.”

“Ahh. Remind me to send the kid a box of cookies.” Dean stated. While he wasn’t comfortable with the idea of meeting any of Liz’s friends, Max was at the bottom of the list. He didn’t like the guy, never had. Granted, a part of him was thankful towards the alien since he healed Liz but considering all of the crap he had put Liz through, Max was still on Dean’s shit list.

“Oohh, I see you still don’t like any other guys around Liz.” Kyle acknowledged with a smirk. “You know, you and your brother used to scare the shit out of me when Liz and I were dating. Of course knowing what I know now about what you do, I don’t think I was scared enough.”

“We don’t hunt humans.” Dean replied, “And back then you were still human. Though that probably wouldn’t have stopped us if you’d hurt her.”

“And you’re just as friendly as ever.” Kyle stated. “For your information you’re not the only one who is protective of her. None of us liked the thought of her going after the thing by herself. We tried to help but she said it was out of our area. She told us that you guys do this kind of thing all of the time. Of course we didn’t know she was helping on the actual hunt until it was too late for us to stop her. She’s stubborn like that when she thinks she has to protect people.”

“Yeah, I’ve noticed that.” Dean replied as he looked again at the group. “So many people knowing that my family and I are hunters kind of give me the willies.”

“I understand. Don’t worry; none of us are going to say anything.” Kyle promised. “I mean what am I going to say? Hello I’m a changed human who is living with an alien hybrid ex-princess but you should go after this guy because he shoots things that go bump in the night? Yeah, not going to happen.”

Dean couldn’t help but grin at what Kyle said. If anyone could understand the necessity of secrecy, it was Liz’s friends. “Yeah, probably not.”

“So I see you’re still driving that beautiful piece of machinery out front.” Kyle commented, changing the subject to a more casual topic.

“Until they pull my cold dead body out of it.” Dean declared. “Do you still have your mustang?”

“No, I had to give her up. She was an expensive mistress.” Kyle said sadly as he thought of his old car. “If you need anything for her while you’re in town, I can get it for you. My garage is just down the street.”

“Uh, thanks.” Dean replied.

“Kyle, you’re scaring him. Dean isn’t used to people giving things to him unless he’s conned it out of them.” Liz said as she pulled the door open to reveal the two guys. “Are you guys planning to join us or would you rather continue to be voyeurs?”

Kyle and Dean looked at each other for a minute before bolting into the café. Kyle moved to take his seat back by Isabel while Dean leaned back on one of the stools facing the audience with Liz next to him. He found the idea of the whole group a little strange. Of course his own family had had their own network of friends, Pastor Jim, Caleb, Bobby, who they could count on over the years but it was due mostly to a desire to hunt and kill evil. Liz’s group seemed to have started out as people stuck with each other because of the aliens’ secret but had changed to be more like family.

“You know Maria and Kyle. This is Isabel and Michael, you guys have never officially met and this is Sheriff Valenti.” Liz introduced. She had to admit that for some reason, she felt slightly nervous. Both sides knew the truth about each other but it was weird when two different groups who you knew led secret lives met and you were the reason for it. “This is Dean Winchester, his dad and mine were in the same unit in the marines.”

Sheriff Valenti stretched out his hand to Dean and who shook it. “Heard you and your father helped Liz take care of the animal control problem that we had?”

“Yes, sir.” Dean answered. “We’re pretty sure it was alone but I am staying for a few days just to be sure.”

“Appreciate it.” Valenti nodded. “I’d hate to see what happened to the Parkers happen again. I’ll take any help I can get to make sure that doesn’t happen.”

“That’s what we do.” Dean stated.

“I ran your record, your father’s as well. I noticed some…indiscretions that would normally worry a small time Sheriff if I didn’t know your history. I’m sure most of those were due to cases you handled?” Jim asked

“All of them.” Dean declared wondering what all might have appeared on his record. He had never been arrested, only called in for questioning on number of things. It would prove interesting reading. “I don’t suppose you kept a copy of that? I’d like to see what’s on record.”

Jim nodded. “I’ve got it out in my vehicle. One thing that I’m curious about myself is the credit card fraud?”

“Well, hunting isn’t exactly a paid career. So we find the means where we can, some legit like odd jobs at garages and stuff or not so legit like credit card fraud or pool hustling.” Dean explained. Dean had never met an officer of the law like Valenti, open minded and willing to look at the grand scope of everything instead of a narrow view.

“Well try to keep it clean while you’re in Roswell. But if you run into any trouble while you’re in town, just get me through Liz or at the station. Don’t go through my deputies.”

“Sure thing.” Dean agreed. After that, the group asked Dean questions about various hunts he had been on and different areas of the country they had been to. He wasn’t completely sure how much Liz had told them about his family, but after they were done, he figured out that she had given enough to cure their curiosity without telling them everything.

“So have you ever come across anything that you thought might be aliens?” Michael asked.

“I didn’t meet any aliens until I came here.” Dean answered. “We don’t go into a hunt blindly; there is tons of research done ahead of time. In hunting, you need to know what you’re facing before you go after it or you can get yourself killed.”

“Well it’s getting late and if we are going to get the café in working order tomorrow then I need my rest.” Liz stated. “Michael, can you make sure that Max is caught up for me?”

Dean watched as Michael agreed as everyone got up to leave, however he was more focused on what Liz had said about having Michael catch Max up on what was going on. It was if she acted like she had to report everything to him. Dean didn’t especially care for that.

Liz saw the way that Maria looked at her and Dean and knew that her friend knew something was up. But Liz chose to ignore her at the moment; she’d deal with Maria later. As she locked the door, she heard Dean ask. “So do you want me to come up with you?”

“I’m not going to bed yet. That was just an easy way to get rid of everyone. They mean well, but some times they are a bit much.” Liz explained. “I was thinking of having some pie; feel like hanging out down here and having some with me?”

“Sure, I’d love me some pie.” Dean answered. Liz quickly retrieved the leftover Men in Blackberry pie that Amy Deluca had brought over. She cut out a small one for herself but Dean got a huge one that he started to devour right away. As soon as the pie passed his lips, he groaned. “Oh God, it’s been years since I had something this good.”

Liz couldn’t help but laugh at the look of bliss on Dean’s face. “I’d like to take credit for that but sadly this wonderful concoction did not come from me. Maybe I can get Amy to make extra Men in Blackberry pie for you next time you’re in town.”

“Well then I have two things to look forward to the next time I come to Roswell.” Dean smirked. The two of them continued to talk as the pie plate emptied out and two days later Dean left with the pledge of returning to see Liz and maybe more pie.

Now you see why I thought you guys might be disappointed? No Max & Dean meeting. My beta and I agreed that it might be better to leave the idea of Max on the edges for a little longer, draw out the suspense. Plus, it would drive Dean a little crazy. Knowing that Max is around and not being able to threaten him. Anywho, see ya Monday.

Drifter Love

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Hey guys, I know it's late but hey it's still Monday so I'm not too late yet. First, feedback.

Ashleyrocks, lizandzackfan, mrsjbehr, sixpacschic, Touch of the Wind, AlwaysRoswell, pandas2001, vampyrolover86, behrstars, Jensen Lover 37, jamy21: I'm glad you guys all agree with our decision as to when to bring about the Dean & Max meeting. It will come in less then 6 parts, and hopefully it will be worth it for all of you.

Lillie: Yeah, Dean has a bit of an unhealthy relationship with the car but also it's his home so it is somewhat understandable. I will explain in later parts a bit about Izzy & Kyle's relationship as well as other stuff about Roswell.

lyra: I'm glad that you like the story, sorry if I confused you. I'm going to add a little bit of background to this AN so I'll be able fix that for you. I hope.

AN: Well guys, here's a little bit of info to catch you up on. The Roswell timeline stops before Graduation except that Liz still got the power of precognition and accepted to Northwestern. At the end of 4AAAB, Tess gave up her life for the safety of her son and I'm just going with that because it works for my story. I've got other stories that are Drifter with Liz on the road.

Also, I've mentioned before that I am wanting to start a Shiri/Jensen community over on livejournal. I've actually created it but I'm piecing it together slowly so hopefully I'll be able to post the link here soon. Anyone who is familiar with lj and it's coding or anything, I'd appreciate it.

Part 13
August 2005
Chicago, IL

“Don’t look now but there is a hot guy coming this way and I think he’s looking at you.” Liz heard her friend Eden say. She turned around and looked in the direction Eden pointed. She couldn’t help but smile when her eyes landed on the guy in question. “Don’t let him hear you call him that, his ego will get even larger.”

“Well looking at him, I doubt it’s not the only thing that is large.” Eden commented with a devious look in her eyes.

“Behave.” Liz replied with a laugh before leaving her friend to intercept the object of their discussion and kissed him. When she released his lips, she asked. “What are you doing here?”

“Came to see you of course.” Dean answered. “I was in town and thought I’d come by.”

“You just happened to be in town on the day I graduated, closely shaved and dressed in nice clothes?” Liz asked, her eyebrow arching in doubt.

Dean tried to come up with some kind of excuse that didn’t make him sound like a schmuck but couldn’t. “Okay, you got me. I knew that you were bummed that no one was going to be here and I didn’t want you to be alone.”

“That’s sweet.” Liz replied, her lips curving in a smirk before saying. “So who are you and what have you done with Dean?”

“Ha ha. I can leave if I’m going to be abused.” Dean said as he acted as if he was going to leave until Liz grabbed him by his belt and tugged him back. “You like to be abused.”

“True,” Dean answered with a smirk.

“How were you able to get in here anyway? I didn’t give you a ticket.” Liz asked curiously.

“Now I’m being insulted if you think I can’t crash a simple graduation.” Dean stated as he pulled out the ID billfold he was currently using.

“Campus security?” Liz said as she read the ID. “There is no way that anyone would hire you to be campus security. Free reign over a campus full of college coeds? You’d appropriate their beer and steal their girls.”

“Probably true, but also campus security doesn’t need tickets to campus events.” Dean explained.

“You went to a lot of work to make sure you could be here.” Liz said. She felt very touched by all of the effort that Dean had put into making sure that he was there for her. She reached up and gave him an enthusiastic kiss. “Thank you.”

Dean gave her a smirk in return. “You’re welcome. Now you want to go back to your place and show me how thankful you are?”

Liz rolled her eyes. “Actually I was thinking that maybe since you look so spiffy, we’d go out to dinner? I feel like celebrating without going to one of the parties on campus.”

“Um, sure.” Dean agreed reluctantly. The idea of going out to a nice dinner didn’t really appeal to him; the restaurant Liz would probably want to go to would probably not be his kind of thing. But he still agreed. As he watched Liz go back to get her stuff, he noticed a guy also dressed in graduation robes frowning in their direction. When she returned, Dean noticed that Liz brought a friend with her, the same girl he saw her with earlier.

“Dean, this is my friend Eden.” Liz said introducing her friend. “She was my roommate until last year.”

“Liz has mentioned you over the years, it’s nice to finally meet you.” Eden stated. “Although I must say, Liz’s description of you failed to do you justice. She needs more up to date pictures.”

Liz jabbed Eden with her elbow. “Well why don’t you take care of that and take a quick picture of us? I should have just enough memory for a few more.”

Dean started to argue against being in the picture but Liz tugged him up against her before he could pull away. Eden snapped the picture quickly. As Liz finished saying goodbye to her friend, Dean noticed the same guy staring at them again. “Liz, do you know who that guy is over there?”

Both of the girls looked where Dean was motioning, but as Liz opened her mouth, Eden answered. “Oh, that’s just David. He’s just staring at you because he thinks you’re the reason Liz dumped his ass.”

“Eden!” Liz exclaimed trying to get her friend to shut up before she looped her hand through Dean’s arm. “We’re leaving.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll call you tomorrow morning.” Eden replied as he looked at Dean. “Make that afternoon.”

Liz just shook her head as she tugged Dean away while he asked. “So you dated this David guy?”

“Not dated, more like went on a few dates a couple of months ago.” Liz explained.

“A couple of months ago?” Dean asked, more resentment coming out in his voice then he meant to show. “You’ve been busy.”

“Is that jealousy I hear in your voice?” Liz mocked.

“Of course not!” Dean exclaimed, a bit too quickly. He wasn’t jealous; just…curious as to what she’d been up to since he’d seen her last. After all, she hadn’t mentioned any guys when they had talked on the phone. “I just thought you’d have had your nose to the grind rock or whatever it is so that you could graduate.”

“What is it you’ve said before? ‘All work and no play…” Liz reminded him as she slipped his phone out of his pocket. “So let’s see who Dean has been playing with. Hmm…”

“Hey give that back.” Dean lunged after her but she slipped away just in time. “Let’s see here…Megan, Kris…Tiffany oh she has to be a stripper or something with a name like that.”

“Okay, okay you proved your point.” Dean stated when managed to finally reach over her and snagged his phone out of her hand. He circled away from her to keep her from getting it again. He decided to change the subject before things got more awkward, so Dean asked. “Where’s this place you want to go to dinner?”

Liz could only smile at his obvious discomfort at the thought of going to a restaurant where you weren’t guaranteed a heart attack. “Come on, you’ll like it. Trust me.”

Later that night, as Dean watched Liz settling down for the night. He had to admit she had been right about her choice of restaurant for dinner. She had taken him to downtown Chicago; to a restaurant he had vaguely heard of but never planned to go to, The Hard Rock Café. It had good music, real food and a bar. The only thing missing was a pool table. They had talked over their food before venturing back to her small campus dorm room.

Liz’s room was a mess of boxes, packed and unpacked, as she prepared to move back to Roswell in a few days. But the furniture was still visible and she hadn’t had a roommate in a year so Liz had brought him back to her room rather then shack up at a hotel. By the time they got there it was late and Liz decided to start her nightly routine. She had changed out of the formal wear into something more comfortable, taken off her jewelry, washed her face, etc. She remembered the first time Dean had watched her and the look of awe on his face.

It was the night after they had first slept together. He had watched her in curiosity, as if seeing a woman doing something so normal was the strangest thing he’d ever seen. Liz supposed that it was a type of intimacy that he didn’t normally share with the women he shared his bed with. She had never really had that type of intimacy either but it was hard for her not to feel completely comfortable with him after so long. By the time he left, it seemed Dean had become just as comfortable as she had.

After pulling her hair back into a messy ponytail, Liz turned from the mirror to look at Dean. He sat on her bed in just his boxers starring at her computer. Liz looked over and saw that her messenger was announcing she had a new message from lawboy@stanford.edu. Liz knew exactly who it was and could see that Dean had figured it out as well. He knew that she was still in contact with his little brother, even if he wasn’t. “He finished school a few days ago.”

“That’s nice.” Dean replied, trying to sound casual.

“I’ll be seeing him at the beginning of the week.” Liz declared. She saw Dean’s eyebrow raise in question. “He and his girlfriend are coming to Roswell for a visit, kind of a mini vacation. He just took his LSATs and needed a break so they thought they’d come out for the crash festival. Although I think Jess is the one that was pushing to go to the festival.”

“Sounds cozy.”

“Dean, don’t.” Liz warned when she got sick of his tone. “Now ever since you were in Roswell, I’ve respected your wishes and not said a word to Sam that I have been in contact with you or that you and I…well anything about us. But this estrangement, it’s got to end some time.”

“Sam is the one who chose to leave.” Dean reminded her.

“And you are the one that wouldn’t just be happy for him and not fight with him whenever you talked to him. He was hurt by what your dad said, and you defending John made him think you were on his side.” Liz fired back before she forced herself to calm down. “Come with me to Roswell, see Sam. Try to talk to him.”

“Can’t. I’m heading south to New Orleans in a couple of days. There seems to be some killings related to a voodoo shaman down there.” Dean explained. “Come on, let’s not get into it. I still haven’t given you your present yet.” Dean stated.

“Present?” Liz repeated doubtfully, knowing that Dean was trying to change the subject but curious as to what Dean might have brought her. “And where is this present?”

A large smirk bloomed across Dean’s face, “Come here and I’ll give it to you.”

Liz rolled her eyes; she had walked right into that one. But that didn’t stop her from walking to her bed to collect her ‘present’. The last thought she had before Dean made thinking impossible was that she hoped that some day that the rift that was between the brothers that she help create would mend.

Drifter Love

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

wanted to let you know that my posting on ASGB will continue to be slow. I decided Tuesday to have some minor surgery that I had put off for 3 years.

It's nothing big, but with my 2 trips coming up in October and then the surgery being right after that, I'm going to be busy getting stuff done. I don't know specifically until I go to the doctor tomorrow but I will be in some kind of cast for probably 6 weeks and not be able to be on my feet for long so I have to get stuff done around my house instead of writing.

Good news is that I should be off of work for at least a week and the house to myself so I hope to get some writing done then. Of course I hope to be done with the story by November but maybe I'll be writing on another drifter story.

Part 14
September 2005
Roswell, NM

A week later, when Liz was in the company of the other Winchester brother, Liz couldn’t help but wish that Dean was there. It wasn’t that she didn’t like meeting Jessica or spending time with Sam, but she felt bad for her friend. As much as Sam was mad at his family, she could tell that he wanted to share his relationship with Jess with someone close to him. Ordinarily, Sam would have introduced Jess to his family but because of their estrangement, Liz was all he had. So she smiled and did everything she could think of to make Sam feel better about the situation.

Liz had invited them to stay with her since all of the rooms nearby were booked and tried to do anything she could to make them comfortable. Jess was a nice girl so it wasn’t hard. Liz could easily see what Sam liked about her; she was smart, beautiful, and nurturing. They had only been in town for a few hours and Liz could already see that they fit together nicely. Or at least they did if you didn’t know the darker side of Sam’s life like she did.

Liz walked up to where Sam was leaning against a table and handed him a bottle of beer before settling next to him. She looked across the field to where Maria was showing Jess all of the tourist crap that her mother sold to the alien fanatics. “So do you love her?’

Liz smiled when she saw Sam wince. “Don’t beat around the bush Liz.”

“Where’s the fun in that?” Liz said before taking a sip of her beer.

“What do you think of her?” Sam asked answering her question with a question. “The two of you seemed to be getting along well earlier.”

“She’s everything you’ve always told me she was Sam. I like her a lot, especially because I can see how much she loves you.” Liz looked over and saw that Sam’s expression had gotten very serious. “I can tell you care about her a lot, you’ve been dating her for years, living with her for a year but you’ve never told me that you love her. I know considering everything that it can’t be an easy thing to admit…”

“I do…I love her.” Sam admitted. “I’m thinking of asking her to marry me.”

Liz’s eyes grew large and she couldn’t help but cough a little as the surprise made her beer go down wrong. “Sorry, you surprised me a bit.”

“Yeah, I surprised myself a bit too when I realized I was thinking about it.” Sam said as he took a long swig of his beer. “But it just feels right.”

“So when are you going to tell her the real story about your family?” Liz asked. When she saw Sam’s back go ramrod straight, her anger rose. She reached over and started slapping Sam on his arm. “Sam Winchester, do not stand there and tell me that you do not plan to tell the woman you love and want to marry the truth! That is so stupid, reckless, not to mention dangerous.”

“Ouch…hey…that one hurt.” Sam complained as he rubbed his bicep. It felt as if Liz had stunned him with a mild jolt of electricity

“Good.” Liz declared. “Maybe it will knock some sense into you!”

“I’m trying to protect her.” Sam said in defense.

“No, you’re not. You’re protecting yourself! Do you not think you might have some demon or spirit that might come after you at some time?” Liz explained.

Liz’s anger at Sam fizzled out and when she spoke again, she was a lot calmer. “Now I know that you are probably scared of what Jess will say but if you want her to be a part of your life forever, then you need to tell her about that part of your life. The part that made you who you are and brought you to this part of your life and to her. Even if you never hunt again, she deserves to know.”

“But…”

“But what if she rejects you or thinks you’re crazy?” Liz finished for him. Sam looked away and focused on Jess, the expression on his face telling her that she was right.

“Jess may think all of those things…at first but then later it will hurt her a lot more that you lied to her for so long especially if she finds out after your married. Trust me on this Sam.” Liz said thinking about Isabel and her failed marriage. Jesse had come to terms with Isabel’s heritage but he had never accepted the fact that she had lied to him for so long. “Besides, look at me. I know and I still talk to you, still trust all of you guys.”

“But that’s different.” Sam stated. “You’re different.”

“That sounds familiar.” Liz muttered to herself. “I’m different why? I knew you guys for a long time before I found out the truth. Which meant that I knew you guys weren’t crazy when I found out. Jess knows you and will know that you aren’t making it up.”

“I’ll think about it.” Sam agreed halfheartedly.

“Sam, if she loves you as much as I think she does, she’ll understand.” Liz stated but could see that Sam wasn’t all that convinced. She hoped that Sam listened to her but she wasn’t sure about it. Sam had lived all of his life wanting to be an ordinary guy, something he felt he had with Jess, and he wasn’t going to risk that unless he had to. Sam’s desire to fit into the image he had of normal was what kept Liz from telling him her secret like she had Dean. She had thought about it, really thought about it on her drive from Chicago and had determined it was not a good idea.

Liz looked over and saw that Sam was staring at her. “What? Do I have something on my face?”

“No. Nothing like that. I was just wondering how you are doing?” Sam asked.

“I’m fine.” Liz declared. “Why do you ask?”

“Well this is your first trip home since…Jeff and Nancy died and I was wondering how you were handling it.” Sam explained. “I mean, you left so quickly after they died that I was worried that you weren’t able to have any closure or grief before you threw yourself back into school.”

Memories of the investigation, shotgun blasts, Waheela blood splattering against her, tears and sobbing, the feel of Dean’s body against hers flashed through Liz’s mind. “I’m okay. I was pretty torn up those few days after, didn’t even feel comfortable being in the apartment. But I had people here who cared about me and helped me grieve. I miss them a lot but I’m dealing.”

“Good.” Sam replied. “I wish you would have let me come to the funeral.”

“You had exams. I didn’t help you so much and risk the wraith of your father to have you flunk out.” Liz explained. As the words left her mouth she realized out sisterly she sounded. That’s when Liz realized that over the last handful of years, her feelings toward Sam and Dean had changed. In the beginning, they were just her friends. But as they grew up Liz had looked at Sam in a sibling way while she was drawn to Dean in a completely different way.

At her statement, Sam became uncomfortable. “Have you…have you heard to my dad or Dean lately?”

It took Liz a minute to figure out how to answer. It was a simple question but considering the situation of the Winchester family, the answer wasn’t so simple. There was so much anger on both sides and due to her separate relationships with all three of them; Liz was stuck in the middle. Especially considering Dean had asked her not to mention their relationship to Sam. “Yes, I talked to both of them after my parents passed. Wanted to let them know even if they hadn’t been through Roswell since the last time you were with them. They were in Minnesota.”

Liz could see that by mentioning how far away they had been when she called them; Sam had assumed that John and Dean had not made it to the funeral. She didn’t like the idea of Sam not knowing that the rest of his family had not been there to bury their friends.

It hurt more then he thought it would to talk about his family so Sam decided to change the subject, “Are you still planning on staying in Roswell?”

“Yeah.” Liz nodded her head. “It’s my home. I know that my parents would want me to pursue my dreams, but I don’t want to let the café go either. So Michael and Maria are essentially running the café while I do the office work. I’ve got an interview at the research lab at Roswell Memorial next week so I’ll have that too.”

“Good for you.” Sam encouraged.

“Things aren’t how I planned them, or how I would have wanted them.” Liz stated thinking of her parents dying. “But they are working out.”

Liz reached out to place her hand on his arm and when she touched him, a vision suddenly flashed in front of her eyes. She saw Dean and Sam, looking very much the same way they looked now, standing outside of Dean’s car. The vision was fleeting but Liz could tell that they were getting along. The thought caused her to smile.

“What are you smiling about?” Sam asked confused.

“Nothing.” Liz said, trying to come up with some kind of explanation. Luckily she was save when Jess and Maria joined them with bags full of stuff. After that, the two of them spent the rest of the evening with the two blondes. For the rest of their visit, Liz tried to approach Sam with the issue of talking to his family but an opportune time never showed itself. As she watched Sam and Jess’s plane leave later that week, Liz wondered if her vision would come true.

Drifter Love

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Part 15
November 2, 2005
Roswell, New Mexico

“Liz, there’s a guy out here.”

Liz looked up from the computer on her desk where she was putting in the evenings receipts and at the waitress who stood in the doorway. Her name was Annie and she was sixteen, but she looked so young. Younger then Liz remembered looking when she was that age. “Did you tell him we were closed?”

“Yeah, he said he wasn’t here to eat. He wants to see you.” Annie answered

Liz’s brow furrowed in confusion. She wasn’t expecting anyone and all of the waitresses knew her friends and would say whether it was one of them. “Did he tell you what he wanted?”

Annie shook her head. “Just that he needed to talk to you.”

“Did he give a name?” Liz asked as she got up from the desk. Annie was a good waitress but she could be a bit on the shy side and hesitated to ask questions.

“Yeah, but I only caught the last name, Winchester.” Annie explained as they walked into the backroom of the café.

Annie’s answer both confused and perked Liz up. Perked her up at the thought that Dean had came for a visit but confused because he was supposed to be in California with Sam. But as she came through the doors, Liz immediately saw that she had guessed that the wrong Winchester was here. “John?”

“Liz.” John greeted her with a nod and a small smile that made her think of Sam.

“What are you doing here?” Liz asked as her eyes raked over him, checking to see if she could find any injuries. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” John answered as Liz pulled him away from employees’ eyes and into the backroom. “Dean’s been calling here wanting to know if I’d heard from you, he said you disappeared. He said that he hasn’t been able to reach you for weeks except for voicemail, he’s worried. You disappeared in the middle of a hunt without word. What’s going on?”

“Something more important came up and I had to leave for Arizona. Came here, need a place to sleep.” John declared.

“You need to call Dean. He and Sam…” Liz insisted.

“Sam?” John repeated in surprise.

“Yes, Sam. I told you, Dean was worried. He went to La Jolla and got Sam. They went to Jericho to find you.” Liz explained as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. “He’s going to be relieved to know you’re here.”

But before Liz could hit the speed dial button for Dean on her phone, John’s larger hand closed over it. “I can’t let you call him. He can’t know that I’m here.”

“What? Why?” Liz asked but got nothing but silence from John, which pissed her off. “No, you can’t do that. You can’t pull that Winchester silent treatment when you don’t want to tell me something. Something big is going on if you disappear in the middle of a hunt and don’t want to bring the guys into it.”

John could see the intensity in Liz’s eyes and knew he was going to have to tell her something if he wanted her to keep quiet to Dean. Even letting his son know he was in the area could help track him. But he knew that Liz cared about Dean and Sam, especially Dean, and knew she would listen to reason. “You’re right. I’m tracking something big, but I can’t have the boys with me on this.”

“Why? If it’s as important as it sounds, I would think you’d want the back up.” Liz declared. Ever since she had learned the truth about the Winchesters; Liz had researched the Winchester’s profession which included the things that they hunted. When she did, Liz was able to fully realize how dangerous their lives were. And how the bigger the hunt, the better it was to have a lot of hunters with you.

“Because it isn’t safe for them to help me this time.” John answered her.

John’s declaration effectively killed Liz’s argument. But that didn’t mean that she didn’t want to know more about what he was hunting. She looked John over and saw past the dark circles around his eyes and the weariness on his face to the seriousness in his eyes. “You don’t look so good. How about you dump your stuff upstairs and I’ll get something for you from the kitchen.”

John looked at her wearily, glancing at the phone in her hand. “And you won’t call Dean.”

“I promise. I won’t call Dean.” Liz replied. “But only if you tell me why you think that this hunt is too dangerous for them. If I’m going to lie to him, I want to know I have a really good reason for it.”

John nodded his head in agreement before heading up the back stairs. Liz abandoned her work for the moment and headed into the kitchen where Michael was just wrapping up the kitchen clean up. It was late and the wait staff had left during her brief chat with John so after telling Liz what food was leftover in the refrigerator, Michael left to go home to Maria. Liz thought that Michael was going to argue about leaving her, after all he had seen John come into the back room and had recognized him but after she assured him that John was just there for a place to sleep and not hunting in the area he let it be.

After Michael left, Liz double checked the front and back doors, making sure that not only were the doors locked in the normal way but that the line of salt that was imbedded into the door frame was not damaged. Dean had insisted that they put down a salt barrier when he had last been in town. But Liz had done one better and melted the salt into a continuous line, hard to break through but still not impossible for it to wear down.

By the time that she finished, John had reappeared at the swinging doors and sat down at the table where she had placed his food. “Do you want something to drink?”

John rubbed his hand over his face, his eyes burning from lack of sleep. As good as a cup of coffee sounded, he needed to lay off the caffeine if he was going to sleep. “Just water.”

Liz nodded as she got him a glass of water. She made herself a quick cup of tea, using her powers discreetly behind the counter to heat it before she picked them both up and walked over to hand John his water. “So back to what you were saying about the hunt?”

But Liz never heard John’s answer. The moment Liz handed him his water and her fingers came into contact with his, she was suddenly hit with a vision.

**Jess in her nightgown, pinned to a ceiling. **
**Liz saw Sam lying on a bed underneath Jess, yelling for her, just before flames erupted from behind the trapped girl. **
**Fire spreading quickly, burning everything in its path. **
**Sam glued to his spot while he watched in horror as Jess died. **
**The ceiling coming down, crushing Sam underneath fire and plaster. **

Liz gasped loudly as she came out of the vision when she felt a sudden pain in her hand. She looked down and saw that she had crushed her cup of tea during the vision. The shards had cut deeply into her flesh causing blood to seep out. But the urgency that her vision had left her with overrode the pain and before she could even catch her breath, she yanked her cell phone out of her pocket and hit the speed dial button that she needed.

On the second ring, Dean answered. “You’ve got good timing, I just dropped Sammy off.””

“Dean! Get to Sam and Jessica, NOW!” Liz gasped out. She was feeling a little dizzy, no doubt due from the combination of her injury and what the vision showed her was going to pass unless she could stop it.

Through the phone, Liz could hear the squeal of the Impala’s breaks as Dean hit them and the sound of movement that Liz guessed meant that Dean was turning his car around. “What’s going on?”

“Just get to Sam now.” Liz replied

“I’m there.” Dean answered before he disconnected.

As she closed her phone, Liz blew out a breath she didn’t even realize she’d been holding. She hoped that Dean would get to Sam and Jess in time. He had to. She couldn’t let someone else close to her die because her visions wouldn’t tell her what she needed to do to save them. The sound of someone clearing their throat brought Liz out of her thoughts.

“I think you and I need to have a talk.” John declared.

Drifter Love

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LittleBit »

Well I'd planned on finishing this story and have it posted before the season premiere but as you can see, I failed. But I'm not going to stop writing on this story so I hope you'll still read even if you are getting your Dean fix from the screen.

I'm posting tonight instead of tomorrow because Hubby and I are going on our first trip away from the kids. We're are taking a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We won't be back until late Monday so no post on Monday, sorry.

BTW, the part after this will jump ahead a few months. Like I've said before, these flashbacks are only smart parts of time. It makes me feel like I'm not making the story drag, but I don't want to leaving you hanging either. I'll try to answer any questions you have.

Part 16

“I think you and I need to have a talk.” John declared as he stared Liz. After the last twenty-two years, not a lot surprised him anymore. He had seen or heard of a lot of strange stuff. But witnessing what he just saw, shocked the hell out of him. Liz, Jeff’s little girl, had supernatural abilities and John had never had a clue.

Using her good hand, Liz pushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear as she nodded. She knew that John had gotten a front row center view of her having a vision and the aftermath and he would be full of questions. With Dean she had been able to slowly explain everything to him, but with John she had a feeling that things would be different.

“Is the first aid kit still in the office?” John asked. When Liz nodded again, he said. “Sit down. I’ll be back in a minute to fix you up.”

Liz did as she was told, keeping her eyes on her phone in front her, willing it to ring. It took all of her willpower not to pick it up and call Dean but she knew that she had to wait. She couldn’t distract him. To keep her hands occupied, Liz grabbed a few napkins to try and contain the bleeding. She briefly wished that she had gotten Max’s ability to heal, before John sat down across from her.

After he found what he needed in the well supplied first aid kit, John motioned for her hand. As he took hold of her fingers to start cleaning out the wound, he got to the point. “What did you see Liz? In your vision. What is going to happen to Sammy and his girlfriend?”

“Um, I saw Jessica in her nightgown, pinned the ceiling and Sam below her. A fire erupted behind her; it burned through everything so fast killing Jessica and Sam when he wouldn’t leave her.” Liz explained, trying not to flinch when she felt John’s grip tighten at her description. He had recognized it just like she did; it was the demon that had killed his wife. She and Dean had talked about the thing that killed his mother and she knew that was what had been in her vision.

“And your visions, do they always come true?” John asked. Most of the psychics he knew, primarily Missouri, had a fairly high accuracy rate but he needed to find out if the same with Liz. There was no way of getting to La Jolla in time to help Dean and the yellow eyed bastard would be long gone.

Liz nodded. “So far unless I’m able to do something to change what I see in them. That’s why I called Dean. I knew that he could get to Sam.”

“Dean knows about your visions.” John half asked, half snarled. Dean knew that Liz was precognitive and hadn’t thought it was important enough to tell him. Liz’s ability to have visions was crucial information that they could have used. He pushed the anger he felt for his eldest son away and continued to work on Liz’s hand. “These cuts could use stitches.”

“No, I’ll be fine. Can you just do what you can with them?” Liz stated. The last thing she wanted to do tonight was go to the hospital. Not when she was worrying whether or not one of her best friends was living or dying or what had happened to Dean after she sent him into such a dangerous situation. She'd just have to deal with them today and see if Max could heal them tomorrow.

John retrieved a few butterfly strips and used them to pull her skin back together. Liz was resilient but he could tell the pain was getting to her. So he did what he could to get her mind off of it. “Tell me about them, about your visions.”

Liz glanced at her phone, trying to block out the pain in her hand. “They’re random; I can’t force myself to get one. And they only come on when I touch someone or something that has to do with the vision. Usually the person I get the vision from is in the vision; this is the first time I got a one from a person for another person.”

“How long have you been having them?” John asked curious to know if Liz could be another one of the special kids he knew the demon was looking for. She didn’t fit the profile since Nancy had not been killed when she was six months old but there could always be an exception to the case.

“Since just before I graduated from High School.” Liz answered, not giving any other explanation as to how she got them. It wasn’t that she thought John was dangerous to her friends; she just didn’t think it was necessary to go through the whole story when he was only curious as to what she could do. She jumped and nearly hit the roof when the first few notes of ‘Back in Black’ erupted from her phone. She snatched it up with her good hand and flipped it open. “Dean?”

‘Yeah, it’s me.’
Liz heard Dean respond; his voice sounded worn-out and her fear rose even more. “Are they okay?”

‘I got Sam out, but that damn thing killed Jessica. She was dead when I got there.’ Liz felt her heart stop and she closed her eyes to keep the tears back. Once again her visions had fallen short. She’d been able to save Sam but Jess was dead. One of her best friends had lost the love of his life. “How’s Sam?’

‘He didn’t have any injuries; he’s being questioned by one of the firemen.’ Liz heard Dean answer. “No, I mean how is he? Is he shock?”

‘I don’t know.’
Liz wanted to tell Dean to talk to Sam, find out how he’s doing. But she knew that Dean wasn’t a talk about feelings kind of guy. “Go take care of Sam.”

‘Yeah, I’m going to try and call Dad, not that I think he’ll answer.’ Dean stated, causing Liz to open her eyes and look at John. She was so close to telling Dean that his father was there. But something kept the words on her tongue. “Yeah, he should know what happened.”

‘I’ll call you later.’ Dean replied.

After a quick goodbye, Liz snapped her phone shut. Her emotions ran through her like a tidal wave, sadness, anger, frustration, fear, regret and before she knew it, she felt her hand heat up and the phone it held melt. Luckily it was her good hand and there was no further damage. Liz looked from the melted phone to John’s face. “Dean reached Sam in time but Jessica…she didn’t make it. Dean said she was dead when he got there.”

John’s eyes closed for a moment as he shook his head in sorrow. “But Sam okay?”

“Well he’s alive, not sure about the okay part.” Liz answered as John’s phone rang. She watched John pulled the cell phone out of pocket and flipped it open. He didn’t have to tell her what the screen said for her to know who it was. She was only half surprised when he snapped the phone shut. “Why aren’t you answering it? They both need you right now, especially Sam.”

“They’ll be fine, Dean will look after Sam.” John answered. “It’s better that they stay on their own for now.”

“Yeah, because that’s worked well so far.” Liz commented sarcastically.

“You’ve been hanging around my son too much.” John grumbled as he ran his hand over his beard.

“I’m not seeing that as a bad thing.” Liz stated as she sank into her chair. The anger she had felt toward John when he ignored Dean’s call faded quickly and was replaced with guilt. “If I had just gotten the vision a little bit sooner, Dean could have saved her.”

“Or you could have gotten it too late and they both would have died.” John reminded her. “You didn’t make a mistake, I did.”

“What?”

“I sent Dean hunting for clues in a different direction to keep him out of harm’s way and I assumed that Sam was safe.” John explained. “For over twenty years, I’ve been looking for this demon and found nothing. Now it seems to have awakened or came out of hiding, which means I can track it. I’ve already started a plan that will keep the boys safely away, looking for me. But I need to use your visions to see if you can help me hunt this demon.”

“How could I do that?” Liz asked. “I told you, I only get them when I touch someone in them or apparently connected to the person in them.”

“I remember what you said. But the question is; did you get the vision because I’m connected to Sam or the yellow eyed demon?” John stated. Everything Liz had told him that she wasn’t one of the special kids since she had had her abilities for too long so she did not have a connection to the demon, but his family still certainly did.

John’s point hit home for Liz right away, she couldn’t say how this new aspect of her powers worked so he could be right. “So what do you have in mind?”

“I’ll postpone leaving Roswell for a little while longer, I can work on research and tracking from here as good as anywhere until we find something. Meanwhile we’ll also see if you get any more visions about the demon.” John explained.

Liz bit her lip indecisively. “And I would have to continue not telling Dean that you’re camped out in Roswell, wouldn’t I?”

“Yes.” John answered. “If we want to keep them safe.”

Liz continued to hesitate until she sighed in defeat. “Okay. But if I ever see something that I think Dean should know, I’m going to tell him. I know how blind a person can get when they try to protect someone by keeping something hidden from them. Ignorance can kill the person just as easily.”

Liz picked up her phone and with a brief flash of power, fixed her melted phone. She then reached over and heated up his food that had been abandoned on the table. “Sit down and finish eating. There are a few other things that I can do that you should probably know about.”

John only nodded as he sat down; waiting to see what other things Liz had been hiding up her sleeve.
[/i]

Drifter Love

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Always Saying Goodbye -SN XO UC - AN 12/29

Post by LittleBit »

Hey guys, I'm updating tomorrow. But in the mean time, I am posting an outline of the parts up until the very last part. Kind of like the clips they show at the beginning of the episodes.

The Story So Far…

Prologue-Sam & Dean are in Texas, Dean tells Sam that he only has six months left before the deal is up and he wants to stop searching for a way to call it off. When Sam asks why he is giving up, Dean says he’s not; he just has some things he needs to take care of before he dies.

Without telling his brother where they are going, Dean packs them up in the Impala and they head west. Sam realizes as he drives that they are heading towards Roswell, New Mexico, a town that they visited a lot with their father when they were younger. When they arrive, they are greeted by one of their oldest friends, Liz Parker. However Sam is shocked when Liz kisses Dean in more then a friendly way. But it’s nothing compared to how he feels when Dean asks about someone named Abby who Dean admits is his daughter.

Parts 1 & 2-You learn that John Winchester & Jeffrey Parker are old Marine buddies. John brings Sam & Dean to Roswell several times through the years and during those trips they become very close to Liz. At one point, the Winchesters actually lived in Roswell for several months until John took them on the next hunt leaving Liz very despondent.

Part 3-Liz, Dean & Sam are all now teenagers and it the summer before Liz gets shot. Dean and Sam are trying to keep Liz away from her boyfriend Kyle, teaching her to drive and taking up all of her time. Sam has a crush on her but the sparks are starting to fly between Liz and Dean.

Part 4 & 5-Two years have passed and when the brothers return to Roswell, they find a different Liz. Liz has lived the last two years with the secret about the aliens and is now trying to get past Tess killing Alex and the threat of an alien war coming. So she asks her old friends to teach her how to take care of herself. The guys know that something is up with her and try to find out the details without digging too much and letting Liz know. Liz tries to help Sam by getting him information about going to college. One night she sneaks up on Sam to bring him more information when Sam mistakes her for a threat and she is hurt. The Winchesters take Liz to the hospital and she is fine but John and Jeff have a fight about what happened and a rift develops between the families.

Part 6-Four years later, Sam has left for College while John and Dean are hunting without him. Dean receives a phone call from Liz telling them that her parents were killed and that she doesn’t think it is the animal attack the Sheriff’s office says it is. John and Dean go to Roswell. After the funeral, they meet with Liz who tells them that she has already done a lot of research but that she will only give it to them if they let her go on the hunt with them. John agrees despite Dean’s judgment.

Part 7-The next morning, the three of them discover that it was a creature called a Waheela that killed the Parkers. Dean takes Liz out into the desert to make sure that she can still shoot. The two dredge up a lot of baggage and end up arguing about Liz’s involvement in the hunt and Sam leaving. Liz admits that she has known for years that they are hunters and Dean is taken aback at how accepting she is of it. By the end of the part, they compromise that Liz will stay out of danger by listening to the guys but is still going.

Part 8-Liz, Dean and John return. The hunt is over, the creature is dead. Everyone is okay but Liz is shaken after the creature that killed her parents tried to attack her before Dean killed it. John leaves to go to a bar while Liz and Dean stay at her apartment. Dean finds Liz in her kitchen, crying with a bottle of whiskey. She drinks some of it before she starts crying as the past few days grief catches up with her. Dean holds her and helps her to let it out not knowing how much help he really is. Liz’s emotions were so bottled up that her powers were about to explode. When she is done breaking down, Liz tells Dean she is going to take a shower but wants him to sit up with her. Dean agrees and the two separate to get cleaned up.

Part 9-Dean meets Liz on her balcony where he finds her lawn chair melted. After asking her about it, Liz comes clean with him about the aliens and her powers. She tells him everything she knows and Dean is accepting of her after a few wisecracks. As the night goes on, more comes out including Dean’s relationship with his one and only girlfriend Cassie. Dean tells Liz that he has given up on being with women beyond a one night stand but Liz disagrees with him. She tells him that one day some girl will realize how great he is and grab onto him. Liz then surprises Dean with a chaste kiss on the mouth but Dean responds by pulling her closer for another kiss.

Part 10-Dean and Liz kiss. They pull away and see that neither one of them is against it. They kiss again and it quickly escalates. They end up spending the night together in Liz’s bed.

Part 11-Dean wakes up in Liz’s bed alone. He goes looking for her, dressed in only his jeans, and finds her in the kitchen having coffee with his dad. The moment is uncomfortable but over quickly. John makes it known that he knows how they spent their evening but is still leaving Roswell. He leaves Dean behind to make sure that things are as safe as they think they are. After he is gone, Dean goes back to Liz’s room where she is. He is worried about how uncomfortable things will be but finds her very blasé about things. She tells him that she needs to leave to meet with Michael and Maria about the café but gives him a kiss goodbye.

Liz comes back a few hours later and after seeing Dean in just a towel, they end up back in her bed. Later the two talk and Liz questions Dean about his pendant. He tells her it’s a protection charm which spurs a memory in Liz of a ring that she found in her Grandmother’s stuff. When she gives it to Dean, they start to talk about what is between them now. They agree to see each other when they can but also other people if they want to. Then Maria interrupts them. Liz leaves to go down to her friends who are wanting to meet with Dean.

Part 12-Dean drags himself downstairs to meet Liz’s friends. He hates the idea especially meeting Max. He is caught spying on them by Kyle. Kyle is friendly with him, despite the fact that Dean scared the crap out of him when they were younger. Dean finds out that Max is not coming, he’s too busy at home with his son. Dean meets Isabel and Michael and the three come to an understanding that Dean is not going to rat them out or hutn them. He also meets the once again Sheriff Valenti and is surprised to be accepted by the law enforcement officer. At the end, Dean leaves with the promise pledge to return.

Part 13-Liz is graduating from Northwestern where Dean shows up. Liz is surprised to see him, especially dressed nicely. The two briefly argue after Dean gets jealous over a guy that Liz was seeing since the last time she saw him but is quickly reminded that he has not been innocent either. Later at her apartment, Dean sees that Sam has emailed Liz and the two discuss the rift between the brothers.

Part 14-Liz and Sam are having a beer at the Crashdown Festival as they watch Jess and Maria shop for Alien crap. Liz talks to Sam about how he feels about Jess and he admit that he loves her and intends to marry her. Liz asks him when he is going to tell Jess the truth about his family and gets upset when he admits he’s not going to. Sam asks Liz how she is doing after being back in Roswell alone. She tells him that she is good but does not tell him that she is involved with Dean. Sam asks her if she has talked to Dean or his Dad and she admits to talking to them after her parents died but nothing else. At the end, Liz has a vision of the two guys together.

Part 15-(Set during the Pilot of SN) John Winchester shows up at the café one night after it is closed. Liz is in the office and comes out to talk to him. Through Dean, she knows that John has been missing after disappearing during a hunt and she starts to call Dean. John stops her, telling her that he is tracking something too big for Dean to be involved in. Worry over Dean’s safety keeps Liz from calling him but only if John tells her what is going on. She sends him off to drop his stuff while making him food. After he returns, Liz goes to hand John a glass of water. When they touch she has a vision of Sam and Jess being killed in a fire. As Liz breaks away from the vision, she calls Dean. After she warns him and they disconnect, Liz realizes that John saw the whole thing and he confronts her about it.

Drifter Love

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Always Saying Goodbye -SN XO UC - Outline 1/7

Post by LittleBit »

Sorry guys, I meant to post this a few days ago but got busy. I hope you like. -

Part 17
January 2006
Set after ‘Bugs’
Turn to Stone

“Tell me again why we had to walk to get some food when I have a perfectly good car that I love to drive?” Dean asked Liz as she led him down Main Street back towards the café.

“Maybe because these things called legs are meant for something besides shifting gears of the Impala.” Liz replied teasingly. She had thought he was going to have a heart attack when she had suggested walking to Senor Chow’s for dinner.

“Hey, I know that legs are good for other things too. Like kicking evil creatures, busting through doors or…,” Dean smiled sexily. “Or in your case, your legs are good for wrapping around me.”

Dean didn’t even try to duck away when Liz reached over to swat at him. “Hey, I don’t hear you denying it.”

“Yeah, well…” Liz stammered, trying to find an answer but it escaped her. “Oh shut up.”

“Or what?” Dean fired back.

“Or I’ll turn your precious ‘girl’ a very girly shade of pink.” Liz threatened causing Dean to stop mid-step. She turned to look at him and saw the look of horror on his face at her threat. “You wouldn’t.”

Liz couldn’t help but smirk triumphantly at him before holding up her hand and wiggling her fingers at him. “Go ahead, try me.”

Dean studied Liz’s face and knew she was serious. Over the years she had gotten caught in the middle of his and Sam’s pranking and in an effort to defend herself, had retaliated. When she did, Dean found that Liz enjoyed it and it was an outlet for her malicious sense of humor. He had watched her several times when they were younger talking to customers in the café and showing them ‘supposed’ alien pictures. So he knew she was evil enough to go through with her threat. “Truce?”

“On one condition,” Liz stated. Dean waited for her to finish but instead of voicing her thoughts, she motioned in the direction of what she wanted. Dean looked over and figured out quickly what she was getting at. “Oh come on, Liz. No.”

“You act like I just asked you to cut off your arm or another more fun appendage.” Liz teased as she drug him to the park and over to the swings. She plopped down on one of the swings and pushed off the ground a little, just enough to get some momentum without going into a full out swing. She looked over and saw Dean hovering near the support railing. He looked very uncomfortable standing there. “You can have a seat, I’m sure you remember that they don’t bite.”

“I remember.” Dean stated. In his youth, he and Sammy had spent quite a bit of time in that park with Liz. First playing with them, and then when he got a little older, watching over them.

“Then sit down.” Liz ordered. “I don’t want to go back to the apartment yet, and it’s a nice night.”

“So you want to sit out in the middle of an empty park, in the dark. Are you trying to get attacked?” Dean asked.

“Okay for one, there has not even been a hint of anything odd going on in Roswell, two I have my powers if the need arises, and three I have my own personal hunter here to protect me if I need it. I think sitting here for a little bit is pretty safe.” Liz joked but could see that Dean was still ill at ease. And she had a feeling it wasn’t because he thought something was going to jump out at him. “This is really making you uncomfortable, isn’t it?”

“I’m fine.” Dean replied.

“Yeah, you look it.” Liz commented. “We can leave if you want, I just thought…”

“No, it’s okay.” Dean stated seeing that leaving bugged Liz. “Last time I was here, I was fourteen. I hadn’t really started hunting yet, you and Sam were still young and naïve, your parents and Claudia were alive and my father wasn’t missing. It’s just weird being in this park because it makes me think about the better days when I was young and right now, things aren’t that great.”

“Sam’s not dealing any better, is he?” Liz asked as she stood up and joined Dean. She placed her hands lightly on his waist and placed her legs on either side of his larger one but didn’t move to pull him close. She knew at the moment that being too ‘touchy feely’ with Dean could push him away.

In the months that had followed Jessica’s murder, Liz had talked to Dean many times on the phone. It had taken some work on her part but eventually she got Dean to tell her what was bothering him about Sam. He had told her that Sam had not been sleeping and when he did he had had nightmares. But when she had talked to Sam, he said that he was doing fine. Hurting but dealing.

Dean shrugged, his hands drifting towards Liz’s hips as he leaned back against the swing set pole. “He’s going to get himself killed if he keeps going like he is.”

“And you in the process.” Liz added.

“I’m not worried about me.” Dean stated.

“Where is he now?” Liz asked, worried that Sam might be off getting himself into. If he was acting as destructive as Dean said, he might be rash enough to go on a hunt by himself no matter the risk.

“He’s at a hotel in Santa Fe.” Dean answered. “I told him he was weighing my mojo down and I needed to get out and blow off some steam. There seem to be something bugging him and he was in full research mode so I could be gone for a week before he realizes it.”

“Is that what you’re doing here?” Liz teased. “Blowing off steam?”

“Uh…yes? No?” Dean said, not knowing quite how to answer. He didn’t want to piss her off by giving the wrong answer. Liz had not pushed for any change to their sleeping arrangements however; he didn’t want to push it.

“Why don’t you bring him here?” Liz suggested suddenly causing Dean to feel as if he got whip lash due to the abrupt change in subject.

“I’m not exactly the picture of mental health when it comes to dealing with grief but maybe I can do something to help him.” Liz stated trying to make sure the subject didn’t revert. She had only been ribbing Dean about his reason for stopping in Roswell and didn’t want him to think she meant something more then she did.

“Unless you can track down Dad and serve him up to Sam on a platter, I doubt it.” Dean answered as he looked over Liz’s head, surveying the park to ensure that they were alone so he didn’t see Liz wince slightly at his statement. If he had seen it, it would have led to Dean finding out that Liz had been lying to him for months. He would know that every time Dean had called and had asked if she had heard from his father, Liz had lied and told him no, usually while John was only a few feet away.

John had stayed in Roswell for a month after the Yellow Eyed Demon had attacked Sam. Liz had gotten a few fleeting ones but they never gave much information except that the YED was active and planning something. John had still refused to let her tell them where he was, to protect them from what he was doing. But she didn’t get what John wanted. Most of her visions consisted of Dean and Sam’s hunts, which John used to send them on other hunts. He finally gave up on getting anymore information from Liz’s visions and left town but stayed in contact with Liz just in case.

Somehow Liz found herself the one person that each of the Winchester men were in contact with, they just didn’t all know that. John knew she was involved with Dean and talked to Sam; Dean knew that she talked to Sam but didn’t know that she talked to John; but Sam didn’t know she was talking to his father or his brother. It was a pain in the ass but Liz knew that nothing short of major demon activity would be enough to get them all talking to each other so she dealt with it.

Nevertheless, Liz felt horrible for lying to Dean about it all. She thought about telling him the truth about his dad visiting Roswell when she felt his body stiffen and become alert. He pulled her closer but maneuvered her so that his body was blocking hers from whatever danger he had become aware of.

Liz knew better then to ask Dean what was wrong; he would most likely shush her. Instead she looked around his arm to figure out what had sent his senses on alert. And that was when Liz spotted him about twenty feet away. “Kind of late to be out isn’t it Max?”

Drifter Love

LittleBit
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Always Saying Goodbye -SN XO UC - New Part 17 1/13

Post by LittleBit »

Hey guys, wanted to let you know I hadn't forgotten about you. Things have been super hectic for me at work and home so I haven't had any chance to write. I will post as soon as I can.

Drifter Love