Rolling With Fate (Slash-K/Mi) Mature - 1/1

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Trapped in my slashy mind with Max, Kyle, and Michael

Rolling With Fate (Slash-K/Mi) Mature - 1/1

Post by magikhands »

Title: Rolling With Fate
Author: magikhands
Category: Slash - Kyle/Michael - Mature
Disclaimer: I own nothing of Roswell. Wouldn't get much if sued
Summary: Post-Roswell --After nearly a year on the road, the group take a 'vacation'. Focuses on Kyle and his strange relationship with Michael. Kyle has gained abilities and is extremely important to the Pod Squad's lives.
Warning: This work of fiction contains sex between two males and strong language. This isn't for you? Don't read.

NOTE: This was written for maxkyleshpr and Icalynn who keep my days fun on the Nick Wechshler Forum. Please excuse any grammer errors. It wasn't beta'd.

“My turn for the Master Suite,” Kyle hollered, throwing his bag on the king sized bed.

“Kyle…”
“Can I…”
“How about…”
“I think…”

All the voices stopped when he held up a hand and met four sets of eyes. “No. It’s my turn. If you recall, I let someone else take it.” His eyes shifted from Max to Liz, then back to Max again. “Not this time.” He stood his ground and the others backed off.

They were on vacation. Well, almost. How can you really go on a vacation when you’re on the run from people looking to capture and eventually kill you? Carefully.

After their recent run in with the government’s Special Unit and nearly a year on the run, it was decided that they needed some much needed rest. The first couple of months away from Roswell and constantly moving from town to town, they found that they could actually stay in one place for a month or so before the SU was tipped to their presence. They’d hoped that the government would get bored and stop chasing. Not the case. Especially after what happened two and half weeks before.

It was Isabel who actually found the beach house and suggested renting it for a week before deciding further on their future. Michael thought that they should cross over to Canada or Mexico. Isabel suggested Europe. Liz thought Asia might be far enough from the Special Unit. But after Kyle’s recent ordeal, he didn’t feel they’d ever be truly safe again. And it scared him.

The beach house was a great suggestion. It was a four bedroom mini mansion with almost no neighbors located on the east coast. It was amazing to see how this small piece of the country hadn’t been overrun with hotels and condos. Which made it all the more appealing.

“I’m bunking with Kyle,” Michael announced, throwing his own bag into the Master Suite.

Both Maria and Kyle glared at him, but he seemed oblivious as he continued his initial walk through of the house. But then, he usually was. Maria stomped off to claim her own room, the others following behind. Kyle, of course couldn’t protest about a bunkmate as much as he wanted to. He’d found out four months before that it was useless.

“I’ll put the van in the garage and then I’m going for a walk. Call me when dinner’s ready.” He called down the hall. Isabel stuck her head out, mouth opened, but he stopped her words by raising his hand. “Alone.”

He didn’t wait to see if she protested, turning on his heels and walking out the front door.

~**~**~**~**~**~

Watching the ocean as evening turned to dusk was relaxing. Even the cool wind blowing in was soothing to his soul. Kyle wished he could experience this every night. Instead, he roamed from city to city trying to stay one step ahead of their hunters. Spending way too many hours cramped in the van with the other five people he considered his family. They never stayed anywhere long enough to get close to anyone else. It would only endanger them and cause more hurt when they had to suddenly leave…again.

Kyle exhaled a loud sigh, his hands brushing the hair from his forehead. A little more than two weeks before had taught him a hard lesson. Not to get too comfortable or expect to stay any place too long.

He couldn’t believe that it’s been four years since his life got turned upside down. Four years since alien hybrid King, Max Evans, saved his girlfriend’s life. When he woke that morning, Kyle hadn’t a clue that day would the last normal day in his life.

Liz said that they are still human, but sometimes Kyle actually wondered if that was true. It’s been four month since Kyle’s unique abilities popped up. Four months to ponder how truly fucked his life had gotten. Fate, destiny, or whatever the hell you wanted to call it, had really screwed him.

It was fun to do the simple molecular changes like the hybrids. It was much easier to keep their vehicle running with those powers and he could change the tag and color to it when they needed to. Oh, he’d been thrilled to get those little kicks as he also learned to play tricks on the others. But that wasn’t all he’d gotten.

It wasn’t an ability like Liz’s visions. He couldn’t heal like Max. Couldn’t invade dreams like Isabel. Kyle couldn’t even blast powerballs like Michael, though he’d been known to give someone a great shock of electricity when his emotions were too intense. No. Kyle hadn’t inherited cool powers to help protect his family. Instead, he’d become the one being who could keep the hybrids alive.

Kyle Valenti had become the lifeline of three alien hybrids…through sex. Some unseen genetic defect Liz deduced. When Max healed Liz and Kyle, he’d left a piece of his DNA inside of them since his power had come in contact with an open wound. If one was scientifically inclined, it would make sense…at least that’s what Max and Liz have found from their experiments to explain what happened. That also clarified why Liz, Kyle, and probably his father got abilities and not those children Max healed in Arizona.

But once Kyle’s abilities kicked in, the hybrids started changing too. Isabel described it best when she said it’s like getting a period once a month. The compulsion lasts anywhere between four to six days and without the cure, the hybrids get sick…near death. They hadn’t a clue if it would actually cause the death of them, but no one wanted to find out.

That’s where Kyle comes in. Apparently, his body creates a serum to this sickness. While it’s being produced, Kyle is sexually attracted to the hybrid who is lacking. Much like a male dog’s draw to a bitch in heat. The hybrid in lack of this chemical in turns lusts after the carrier. Kyle.

There’s no fighting it. No way to get around it. No other way to deliver the chemical the aliens need except through sexual intercourse. So Kyle had three lovers, each taking their turn with him, leaving one week a month for him to not be needed. But Kyle often wondered if Tess had survived, would she have been that last week?

“Are you alright?” Max sat in the sand beside Kyle without invitation. His arms held his legs close to his chest.

Kyle’s heart did a little pitter-patter until his body realized it was the wrong hybrid it was producing chemicals for and calmed. But that didn’t mean his stomach didn’t flutter like it always did when he and Max were alone. The guy he’d hated most four years before made his belly flip whenever he was near. It was disturbing, yet Kyle had developed feeling for each of the aliens.

Kyle opened his mouth to tell Max that he was fine, but his throat closed. Since becoming lovers, Kyle couldn’t lie to Max any more than he could lie to Kyle. It was strange and sometimes very aggravating.

“They had me for six hours, Max.” His fingers balled into fists in his lap. “After that, do you think anything will be peachy-keen again? I don’t get any rest until the exhaustion takes over and Isabel has to fight off my nightmares even then.”

“Kyle, I...”

“No. If you apologize one more time, I’ll tip into insanity for good.” He sighed and forced his hands to relax. He dug his bare feet into the cooling sand and watched the waves crash to shore as darkness enclosed around them. It was so peaceful. Beautiful. “It wasn’t your fault. I’d let my guard down. Let myself get careless.”

“We all did.” Grief coated Max’s words, piercing Kyle’s heart. It could have been so much worse.

“I’ll be fine. I just need some time.”

If anyone would understand, it was Max. Kyle and Liz were the only two who knew Max still had nightmares about Pierce. That he burdened himself with their safety to keep it from happening to any of them. That’s why his self blame was so strong now.

“Listen, if you need to be alone, I’ll get Michael to bunk with me.”

“No.” Kyle wiped at the hair blowing in his eyes. “It’s already started and I don’t have the strength right now to fight it. Besides, he’s like a vice grip when it comes to emotional ordeals. We’ll be fine.”

Max studied Kyle for a moment, as if deciding if Kyle’s words were true, before nodding and standing. “Dinner’s ready.”

~**~**~**~**~**~

Arms slipped around Kyle’s waist, cocooning him in a sense of safety. His blood heated, his body recognizing immediately the smell of the man embracing him.

“Michael.” It came out as a sigh, surprising Kyle.

They stood in silence for several minutes on the balcony attached to the Master Suite. One other reason he wanted this room. It was late and though he couldn’t see the ocean well, the waves boomed loudly in his ears, consoling him.

“You’ve been quiet tonight.” Michael’s breath brushed over his ear.

Well, there went Kyle’s theory of Michael leaving emotional shit alone.

“You sound like Maria.”

The tip of Michael’s tongue lapped at Kyle’s earlobe. It was quick, but it still sent his body trembling, firing desire.

“Max talked to you.” Kyle sighed and leaned further into his lover, seeking the comfort he knew Michael gave without knowing.

Michael shrugged his response.

Kyle placed his hands on top of Michael’s, several fingers entwining. They let silence fall again, the sounds of the beach surrounding them, the warmth of their skin touching combining.

“I’m okay.” Why is it that he could lie to Michael, but not Max? But then, Michael probably knew when he was lying. He just had the sense to let it go. Not this time. Shit, he hated being wrong.

“No you aren’t, Kyle.” His arms tightened, his fingertips caressing small circles on Kyle’s bare abdomen. “You haven’t laughed or joked in weeks. You don’t even annoy us quoting all those Buddha wisdoms. We’re worried.”

Kyle pulled away from Michael needing space, but hated to leave the warmth. Damn the Lust brought on by the chemical production. Tears welled in his eyes. No, he wouldn’t cry. Not now. Not ever again. His fingers became fists and pressed the nails deep into his skin, the sharp pain pushing back the memories.

“That part of me, the innocent boy, is dead, Michael. What happened killed him and there’s no way to revive him.”

Michael scratched at his eyebrow. It was an adorable motion. One he made when he was stressed or unsure. Right now, his discomfort radiated harshly at all who could see.

“Look…” he sighed, and stumbled on a few words. “If you ever want to talk…you know…about what happened…”

Kyle gasped as a shock of desire hit him like a brick wall. He wasn’t expecting it so soon and it almost knocked him off his feet. The Lust was unpredictable, depending on the hybrid’s need. Sometimes is flowed easily like a stream in Kyle’s body while other times it was like landing on concrete after jumping off a skyscraper.

“Fuck…not talk,” Kyle said through clenched teeth.

Michael’s chest rapidly rose and fell as his own body reacted to the Lust. He took a step toward Kyle, but stopped as if unsure.

“Please.” Holy Buddha, he hated the begging that dripped from that word. His cock was stiff, jeans pressing it tightly to his leg. He could feel the pre-cum already seeping from the slit, demanding to be freed of its confines.

His hands shook, but Kyle managed to unbutton the waist, his cock popping out like a jack in the box. He moaned, eyes closed, head thrown back as the pressure was relieved.

“Kyle.” His name was whispered, as if in awe. Opening his eyes, Michael stood just inches from him. His face was flushed and cock standing as stiff and ready as Kyle’s. The moonlight shining in from the balcony door placed a glow around Michael, making him look almost angelic. But Kyle knew better. Out of his three lovers, Michael was the one who had sent his stomach flipping wildly even before the Lust ever made an appearance.

Michael reached out and touched Kyle’s chest, his fingertips brushing over his right nipple, making it pebble. Kyle’s knees felt like jelly and his breath stumbled in his chest. He loved Michael’s touch. He loved feeling Michael’s body against his, filling him. Michael felt the most…right.

Max was too gentle and controlled. As if he feared hurting Kyle. It drove Kyle insane sometimes and purposely held off for as long as possible so their time together had more spark to it. He didn’t know how Liz dealt with all that tenderness. Either she liked it or he only lost control with her. It wasn’t something he’d ever ask her.

Isabel was a wonderful lover…when she wasn’t feeling guilty about cheating on her husband, Jesse. The man she hadn’t seen in nearly a year. Overall, the days he spent with Isabel were good ones.

But Michael…Kyle was always anxious when it came close to his time with the gruff man. Michael’s stand-offishness and crass attitude didn’t deter him from the attraction to the alien. Perhaps that’s what Kyle drew upon. They would never know since Max’s DNA worked its voodoo on them all.

It took Liz a little while to accept that her husband’s life was dependant on sex with Kyle. It was a big adjustment, and it wasn’t something they talked about. Max just spent a few nights a month with Kyle. No problems.

Maria…she was a different story. She hated the entire ordeal. She couldn’t understand it. But then, she was also the only one who wasn’t either a hybrid or healed by Max. But Kyle’s sympathy could only go so far. She didn’t like the time he spent with Kyle. Sometimes it was like walking on eggshells when she was in her moods.

“Quit thinking,” Michael’s voice made Kyle jump. His fingers cupped Kyle’s chin, thumb gliding across his bottom lip. Kyle closed his eyes and shivered. Kyle’s hands rested on Michael’s hips. He’d lost a little weight the last few months so his hip bones were more prominent.

“Mind is blank.”

Michael smirked. “Liar.” His mouth crashed down, forcing Kyle’s to open. They shared a kiss filled with passion, almost desperate need. But then, that’s what the Lust did. It incited a raw, animalistic demand to copulate.

Kyle’s hands pulled Michael closer until their cocks brushed. Their silky hardness jerking at the light touch. Kyle groaned and dug his fingers into Michael’s hips. He took a step forward, leading them both to the bed.

Michael stopped their movement. “Balcony.”

Damn, they were down to single word sentences. But who was Kyle to complain when another burst of the Lust slammed into his body. The chemical within him was near bursting and he could feel the need in Michael’s body.

“Fine.”

They shifted their direction and within three steps they were standing back on the small balcony, the wind blowing over their sweat gleaming skin. Kyle shivered at the feel of the coolness to his burning skin.

Michael gave Kyle another kiss, his tongue plunging as if drilling for oil. Kyle returned it with glee, his hands sliding over Michael’s tight ass cheeks.

“Fuck me, Kyle.” Michael pulled back and gave Kyle that sexy smirk that always made his heart skip a beat.

Michael bent over the railing, his ass pushing out, begging for Kyle. He didn’t hesitate moving up to his lover, letting the tip of his cock tease Michael’s opening. Michael groaned and pushed his hips further back.

Gripping Michael’s hips, Kyle could no longer wait as his balls tightened watching Michael’s movements. Later, when the Lust wasn’t so strong, he’d take his time to kiss and caress his lover’s body. But now, their bodies had other demands that wouldn’t wait. Knowing what Michael liked, Kyle thrust his hips forward and slipped easily into Michael’s body. An alien perk was natural lubrication.

“Shit,” Michael hissed and bucked back. This brought forth more of the Lust and Kyle’s mind burned as hot as his body. He couldn’t think of anything other than release. Nothing but seeking his and Michael’s pleasure. It was wild, raw, and the greatest feeling in the world. It was times like this when Kyle loved this crazy role in the aliens’ life.

Kyle pumped his cock in and out of Michael. His eyes locked to the ass before him, reveling in the feel of Michael’s body spasming on his steel rod.

He slipped an arm around Michael’s waist, he took hold of his cock and began stroking it in time with his thrusts. Within four strokes Michael was screaming, his orgasm squirting hard through the railing and onto the sand below. Kyle fell over the edge as soon as Michael’s ass clamped hard on him with the first wave of climax.

Kyle’s knees collapsed from beneath him and he fell to the floor, dragging Michael with him. His body was sated, the chemical he’d produced gone…for now.

He stiffened when Michael turned and drew him into a gentle embrace. This simple gesture broke some shield within Kyle and tears finally fell from his eyes. He buried his face into Michael’s neck, not wanting his lover to see them.

Michael said nothing, his hands lightly caressing Kyle’s back.

“I thought I was going to die,” Kyle finally admitted.

“Shhh. You don’t have to talk, Kyle.”

“Yes, I do. It’s been nearly three weeks and I’ve never talked about what happened when they had me. It’s time.”

Michael stayed silent. Kyle wasn’t sure if that was a go ahead or if he was scared of what he would say. When Michael didn’t move, Kyle took it as a go.

“The Lust hit shortly after they took me. I don’t know if Max was hit with it, but it reminded me of a defense technique. After about a half of hour without one of you around, I got sick. So sick that I couldn’t answer any of their interrogation questions. They thought I was faking. What they did…” Kyle trembled.

“Don’t,” Michael pulled Kyle closer. “It won’t happen again. I won’t let it.”

Kyle pulled away, but only slightly so he could look at Michael. “You can’t be with me twenty-four seven. You have Maria and then there’s Max and Isabel.”

“No, but the three of us talked about it. By some fucked up fate, you keep us alive. The least we can do is do the same for you.”

“I can’t have you guys always hovering. It will be too much.”

Michael kissed Kyle’s forehead. “We’ll work it out. Give you room and still be protected.”

Kyle sighed. No use arguing. When the hybrids got something in their head, there was no deterring them.

“If you could change history, would you’ve stayed in Roswell? You ever think that if you weren’t with us, that we wouldn’t have developed this…situation?”

Kyle bent his head, forehead resting on Michael’s shoulder. “I’ve thought about that a lot lately.”

Silence settled around them thick.

“And?”

“I would have come with you. If it had happened the year before…no. But by our Senior year, I was already too deep in the group.” Michael’s fingers brushed through Kyle’s hair, brushing it away from his face as he spoke. “I wasn’t targeted by the Special Unit, but I was connected to you. Eventually I would have been found out and I believe I would have developed some sort of ability which would have had me seeking you guys one way or another.”

Michael gave him a soft smile. One he rarely used, and usually only when they were alone. Did he use it with Maria? “Come on, let’s go see how comfortable the bed is.”

Kyle nodded and let Michael help him up. Once they settled in bed, Kyle was surprised to find himself once more in Michael’s arms.

As if reading Kyle’s mind, Michael spoke. “Don’t ask, just enjoy it.”

Kyle nodded and relaxed in his lover’s embrace. He closed his eyes and for the first time in many, many months, Kyle felt calm …and at home.

THE END?
Magikhands' Little Roswell Obsessions
Come see my published print and e-books
Visit my website and blog