Haven (FF, Mature)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

I go to the armory and start pulling all the extra ammo out and counting the shells, when I hear a voice thats only haunted my dreams. “MAX, YOU HAVE SOMETHING OF MINE AND NOW I HAVE SOMETHING OF YOURS. HOW ABOUT WE MAKE A TRADE.” I wonder what on Earth he is talking about and thats when I hear Hope's screams. Within that second my heart was in my throat and tears were sting my eyes. How the hell did he get her? Did he get inside the gate? Did she wonder out again? Oh God what are we going to do?

I drop the shells onto the floor and run out of the armory. The only person I can talk to right now, the only person who'll understand is Max. I ran down the streets of Haven toward the West Gate barracks; I ran faster than I ever had before my feet taking me to the one safe place I always had, Max.

I stop outside the barracks pulling open the door and moving quickly down the hall. "MAX!" I scream up and down the halls to him, hoping he'll call back to me.

"Liz!"

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Even as I'm trying to persuade Xavier of the truth about his father, the things he's said start to percholate through my brain. What if it's true? What if Tess did have only one child and this is him?

“Oh really so I suppose my Mother was pregnant with me and your son and the same time? I will be seventeen next month you LIAR!!!” Xavier screams, and suddenly, I know it's true.

Before I can say anything, another explosion rocks the shield, sending Xavier to the floor. I'm still sitting so I don't fall, but I jump to my feet as I hear a voice broadcast into the building.

“MAX, YOU HAVE SOMETHING OF MINE AND NOW I HAVE SOMETHING OF YOURS. HOW ABOUT WE MAKE A TRADE.”

It's Khivar. It has to be. And I hear Hope crying. No! I can't gain my son and lose my daughter! I jump to my feet and head for the intercom by the door, wondering how the hell that happened. She was here only a few moments ago. I pause and telepathically broadcast to Michael, Ava, Isabel and Liz. *That monster has Hope. Get here to the West baracks immediately. I need all of us together to stop him.* Together, we'll be the Royal-Four again - or Five, as it now works for us. We'll be strong enough to do almost anything. A lot stronger than Khivar, but we still need to find him and hope. I hope to heck that someone saw something. One of them has an idea...

After ending that transmission, I use the intercom to call the main guardroom. "This is Max. Nobody is to leave this building without my authorization. The Four can come in, but nobody leaves. Not even one of the guard."

Turning, I face the prisoner, my son, again. "Xavier, your mother and Khivar are the liars," I say as I am now firmly certain of my conclusion.

"You're right. Tess did not have twins. I'd seen my son in her womb and there was only one. YOU are MY son. You were never his. It's the only thing that makes sense. Hope is your sister and he's going to hurt her unless we can stop him." I've seen how he seems to care about Hope. I only hope he will care enough that he will help me to help her, even if he doesn't believe me. He's saved her twice. Why not once more?

"Max!" I hear Liz call from down the hall.

"Liz!" I answer her, leading her to where Xavier and I are. Turning back to my son, I tell him, "I saw that you healed Hope. You inherited that from me. I'm a healer, too. I'm going to heal you and I beg you to help me get her back safely."

Last edited by isabelle on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Xavier

"Xavier, your mother and Khivar are the liars," he says and I can’t believe he really thinks I’ll believe him over my parents.

"You're right. Tess did not have twins. I'd seen my son in her womb and there was only one. YOU are MY son. You were never his. It's the only thing that makes sense. Hope is your sister and he's going to hurt her unless we can stop him." He says and now I know he’s lost his mind. Fear of losing his daughter has apparently driven him mad.

"Max!" Someone calls from down the hall.

"Liz!" he answers before turning to me, "I saw that you healed Hope. You inherited that from me. I'm a healer, too. I'm going to heal you and I beg you to help me get her back safely."

“Do as my Father says and your child will be retuned to you. I don’t need your healing, just let me go home.” I say lifting my shackled hands to him, hoping he will release me.
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

I hear Max call to me from the back of the building, and I take the next door hoping it will lead me to him. Neither Max or Xavier look at me when I enter, Xavier's hands still in shackles lifted to Max, "...Just let me go home.” I try to step into the room but I can't, the tiles of the old barracks were gone. I reach out to grab Max's hand before the darkness clouds my vision. And I'm alone....

Trees are everywhere, some have fallen and are on fire. Skin's are up against the Shield hitting us with explosions, the ground shakes every couple minutes. "It's ok, we're not going to hurt you." I look and see Tess standing over Hope playing with her hair and instantly I am in raged. "We won't need her when we get Xavier back." Khivar is standing next to Nicholas watching the attacks on the Shield. "Khivar that doesn't mean were going to kill her!" Khivar laughs in amusment staring at Tess then at Hope and a smile over comes his face...

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I have to smile a bit at Xavier's bravado. "If you had the strength to heal yourself, you wouldn't need my help to unshackle your hands," I say as I see Liz coming to the doorway. I'm glad to see her safe. Hope was with her last. She can tell me what happened. How Khivar got my little girl back.

As I turn my attention to her stiffen, her eyes going black. I recognise the signs and I know she's having another premonition. "Liz!" I shout, although I know she can't hear me. I take two long steps to where she stands and I grab her arm, guiding her inside the room.

Once Liz is safely seated on another cot, I turn my attention back to Xavier, mindful that he hasn't tried to leave on his own. "I was close to letting you go outside, before you mind-warped me," I say. I might get up and heal him and release him now but I don't want to let go of Liz until I know she's herself again. I'm waiting for her to speak.

"I'll help you in a moment. I'll heal you and I'll let you go if you'll help me. But I want you to know the truth and to believe it. Tell me what reasonable proof you want and I'll provide it." A DNA test would take too long. I don't think he'll take Liz's word as verification. But there has to be something... and I still have to answer Khivar to save Hope.

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Xavier

"I was close to letting you go outside, before you mind-warped me," he says helping his wife, who looks like she’s going to be sick, down on the cot.

"I'll help you in a moment. I'll heal you and I'll let you go if you'll help me. But I want you to know the truth and to believe it. Tell me what reasonable proof you want and I'll provide it." He says and I start to get irrated with this situation.

“I don’t want your help or your proof!!! I want my life Back and I want off this planet!!!” I yell
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Edited my earlier post to indicate that Max has contacted Isabel, Michael and Tess telepathically. Athenea has indicated this ability is part of their strength as the "Royal Four"*
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- Athenea, let me know if you want any changes. I could have Max ask Isabel, Michael or Ava to retrieve the objects or just wait, if you prefer.

*Max*

“I don’t want your help or your proof!!! I want my life Back and I want off this planet!!!” Xavier yells.

"He's my son," I tell Liz, still in my arms and I can see that she already knows. If not by the conversation she's heard so far, then by one of her precognative flashes. Of course, she didn't foresee Hope being captured again. She doesn't know everything.

I kiss my wife gently and then start to release her as I continue to speak to Xavier. "Yes, we all want a lot of things. You want to go home and I want my daughter back. And my son." I look at Xavier as I get to my feet and walk to the wall. "When your mother left, I tried everything to get you back. I almost failed out of school because I spent almost every waking minute trying to figure out how to get off this world and find you. I tried for years..."

I shake my head as I get to the wall, scolding myself for both the way I neglected the rest of my life in those days and for my failure to find my son. I pass my hand over the wall, creating a silvery liquid-like haze. Then I pass my hand through the haze, searching with my mind until I find the Destiny book back at my house. I pull it through the wall, looking at the familiar whirlwind pattern on the cover.

When I'd first seen Tess retrieve this book from the wall in the Roswell library, I'd thought it was hidden in the wall all those years since the crash. Then I remembered that the current library was built only in 1978, long after the Crash. It still might have been hidden there when Nacedo came to get Tess in 1989, but I later found out that it wasn't. That the silvery haze was an intradimensional portal that could be used to retrieve certain objects hidden in a particular way. It only worked over distances of about seven miles, but that's sufficient for most parts of Haven.

After a moment's thought, I reach through a second time and retrieve the two communication orbs. We might be able to use these to contact Khivar. Turning, I drop the book on Xavier's lap. "Take a look at that," I suggest.

CalLen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by CalLen »

Michael-

The ceiling starts to fall and before I know it I'm knocked to the ground. I can hear my radio going off. I can hear Isabel yelling for back up. I push the bolder off of me and struggle to stand. I notice Liz running out the door with Hope in her arms. I hope she is okay. I jump not even worried about the ignorant antarian. I run out of the room straight towards the courtyard. I have to find Isabel.

I notice some soldiers helping people out from under the debris. "When your done here, head to the artillery room. Gather as much as you can carry and bring it to me!" I yell and the boys work faster.

I run through the streets pulling the only gun I have on my from it's holster on my leg. "Isabel!" I scream searching the faces for her, "Isabel!" I spot her helping a woman off of the ground. "Isabel!" I run towards her as fast as I can.
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

OOC: My bad all fixed!

*Liz*

The barracks starts to reappear around me, and I realize I’ve been moved from the doorway and am sitting on a cot with Max holding me and Xavier sitting across from us. “I don’t want your help or your proof!!! I want my life Back and I want off this planet!!!” Xavier screams at Max.

Max stops and looks at me seeing that I’m myself again. "He's my son," he tells me and I can hear the pride and despair in his voice. At least he knows now. Max kisses my forehead before letting go of me and directing his attention back to Xavier. The pain in my stomach erupts and I feel something inside of me dying. How can I just sit here when I’ve seen their going to kill my daughter? How could I have failed to protect her TWICE in a matter of days? The pain instantly brings tears to my eyes and I feel them falling from my cheeks. I wish Max doesn’t see them but then notice he’s distracted with Xavier

Max holds the communication orbs while droping the destiny book into Xavier’s lap. “Take a look at that.”

I don’t want to pull Max away from his son, not right now when he has finally gotten what he’s pined for the last seventeen years. But I have to do something for Hope. “Max, there going to kill Hope.” Max stops and stares at me his eyes growing wide but he says nothing. I get up from the cot and walk toward him leaning in I kiss him on the cheek and walk to the door, standing where I was just minutes ago to tell him what I had to do. “I can’t just sit here when I know she’s out there with them. Something bad’s going to happen to her and to the people here,” Max’s mouth begins to move but I cut him off. “Don’t ask me how I know, cause I haven’t seen anything… But I feel it…And your responsibility is to these people and I'm... I'm responsible for Hope. I You have to lead these people... I love you…”
Last edited by M&M<3 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.