A Long Way From Home (SPN,XO,UC,Mature) - AN 12/21 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

A Long Way From Home (SPN,XO,UC,Mature) - AN 12/21 [WIP]

Post by BlondeDramaQueen »

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/ ... ngroad.jpg

The Music Video-A Long Way From Home
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hLosqYrxHqs

Title:A Long Way From Home
Couples:Dean/Liz Isabel/Sam
Summary:Manipulating the time table a little, everyone in Roswell is 21, Events through season 2 Alex’s death. Liz and Isabel end up leaving Roswell with no plans in mind other then to get away. They end up stopping in a run down town, Liz starts getting visions of a girl in trouble, deciding they need to find out what is going on they start to solve the case and run into Sam and Dean Winchester who are trying to solve the same case.
Rating: Mature, because language. And no matter how hard I try I can't control it!
Disclaimer: I don't own anything...if I did the show would still be on the air and the Alex killing would never have taken place!

A very special thanks to: mrsjbehr for the banner!

Liz shook with anger as she threw her clothes into a duffel bag. Tears streamed down her face; she did not stop to wipe them away just continued to gather up her things. The sooner she was out of Roswell the better. She was not going to waste anymore of her life being dictated to by Max. Let him try and stop her this time, she would not hesitate to tell his secret to the world.

Alex was dead, and no one seemed to care that his death wasn’t adding up. Max had actually slapped her when she accused him of being responsible. Everyone had sat there and just looked at her like she was crazy, no one stood up to defend her, and she sure as hell wasn’t going to stick around after Max pulled his little stunt.

She was tired of living life for Max. He controlled everyone and everything they did. She was 21 years old and was still living her life to please Max. Well that is all about to change. She knew the only way to take her life back was to get as far away from Max Evans as possible.

She looked around her room to make sure she didn’t leave anything important, her gaze stopped on a picture of their Junior Prom taken three years ago; a picture taken right before everything went to hell. Everyone looked carefree and happy. Not the tired mess they all looked like now. She pulled the frame off of her dresser and threw it at the wall. Little pieces of glass shattered on the floor and Liz let out a strangled cry.

Liz quickly ran to the window in her room. She’d be able to leave unnoticed by her parents and the Pod squad who she knew to be down in the CrashDown. What she didn’t expect to see as she looked down the ladder was Isabel Evans pacing and mumbling to herself and the other end.

Liz decided she didn’t care if Isabel was going to try and stop her; she wasn’t going to waste another minute in Roswell. She threw the bag over her shoulder and climbed down the ladder.

“Liz?” Isabel asked looking first at the red mark on Liz’s cheek then at the bag.

“I am leaving Isabel. And I’d appreciate it if you wait until after I’m gone before you run and tell Max.” Liz pushed past Isabel and made her way to her car not stopping to play nice with Isabel.

Sure they were friends, and they had been spending more time with each other over the years but she wasn’t going to let Isabel talk her out of leaving and she didn’t want to hear anymore theory’s on how it was an accident that Alex died.

“I believe you,” Isabel said quickly reaching out and grabbing Liz’s arm “about Alex.”

Isabel was breathing really shallow and her eye’s pleaded with Liz to believe her.

“He was my friend too. And as much as I don’t want to admit that I could be responsible I don’t think…I know Alex didn’t kill himself.”

Liz knew it took a lot for Isabel to admit that it might be alien related. Alex and Isabel were really good friends since Prom. They had both realized that any relationship they had would be just one of convince, so they were going the just friends route until the alien madness calmed down.

“Get in the car.” Liz said shaking of Isabel’s grasp as she continued walking.

“What?” Isabel said jogging to catch up with Liz.

“Get in the damn car! I know you want to go; you just don’t want to ask. Now move before I leave your ass here.”

Isabel stared shocked at Liz for a moment but hearing the car start up she quickly jumped in the passenger seat. She didn’t know what she was doing; she only came over to tell Liz that she believed her and to see if she was okay. She didn’t expect Liz to have grown a back bone in the 30 minutes they had been apart. She had to suppress a smile, she liked that Liz wasn’t playing by her brothers rules.

“So where are we going?” Isabel said turning to look at Liz.

Liz turned her gaze from the leaving Roswell sign to Isabel. Hardness in her eyes she said in a controlled and determined voice

“Anywhere but here.”
Last edited by BlondeDramaQueen on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:41 am, edited 25 times in total.
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

PT1

Queen Fee- Thanks! I haven’t came across many Liz and Isabel as friends so I thought I’d give it a shot!

Dreamer-laure- Thanks! But there will be no Dean/Liz interaction until later!

Jensen Lover 37-How’s a day later for an update!

Darkhauntinglove- I just like the idea of Sam and Iz, and haven’t found anything of the pair yet so I better make it good!

Ellie- I too agree Kyle would have stuck up for Liz! It’s explained in this part!

Bluebear01-thanks

Luna_Seer-Thanks!

Aussietrueblue- A day later for an update, it that quick enough?

Demonyte-thanks!

You should all know feedback keeps me motivated! The more I recieve the more I post! So here is the next part. Also, I want to introduce my new co-writer darkness_within_me!

Part 1

“So we have no plan whatsoever?” Isabel asked kicking off her heels and pulling her hair in a ponytail. They had only been on the road for an hour, and so far the only sound was the humming of the engine and their breathing.

“No.” Liz said simply and focused on driving, and not driving in one big circle. She didn’t want to talk because talking would lead her to rationalizing the situation and have her turning around right back to Roswell.

“Well I think we need a plan of some sort.” Isabel picked up her purse and pulled out a pen and a tiny notebook. “We can’t be running around the country without some idea of what we are doing. We need to decide where we want to stay, how many miles a day we want to travel, should we call anyone to let them know we weren’t abducted?, how about rules of travel?....” Isabel kept scribbling in her book.

Liz rolled her eyes. She thought the planning Nazi in Isabel only came out at Christmas time. The whole point of her leaving had one intention, getting as far away from Max as possible. She hadn’t even thought to develop some plan besides getting gas for the car.

“Let’s start with rules!” Isabel said turning the page in the notebook and writing rules in capital letters at the top.

“No using your powers.” Liz said rather quickly. Isabel raised her eyebrow at this.

“I’m serious.” Liz said when she saw Isabel was making no move to write it down. “One of the reasons I left was to be normal. I can’t be normal if you’re going to be going around using your alien voodoo all the time.”

“Voodoo!” Isabel said indignantly.

“Unless we are dying or being shot at no powers. I can always drop you off and go alone if you’d rather do it that way.”

“Fine, No powers.” Isabel repeated at huffed a little as she scribbled no voodoo.

“We don’t contact anyone from home.”

“No one?”

“Okay we decide on one person, just one that we tell where we are going in case something happens to us.”

“Well Max is out of the question, I don’t even want to think about how he’s going to be when he figures out we left. No doubt he’ll try and find us.”

As if on cue Isabel’s phone started to ring.

“Give me your cell phone.” Liz demanded holding out her hand. Isabel gave her a funny look then reached in her purse and pulled at the small device; placing it in Liz’s hand. Liz pulled her’s out of the pocket in her jeans.

Rolling down her window Liz threw both phones out. Isabel turned and watched the plastic objects shatter along the road.

“Have you lost your mind Liz? We just decided we were going to call someone now how are we going to do that when we don’t have phones!” Isabel was fuming. She didn’t know what was wrong with Liz; if it was Max calling she just wouldn’t have answered. She didn’t need to go all crazy and toss the phone away.

“Max can trace the phones.” Liz said simply rolling the window back up. “And okay maybe I should have waited until we made are call home, but I didn’t want to take the chance he was some way listening to us. After all he did buy the phone.”

They both were silent, thinking about the possibility that Max had bugged their phones. He was adamant they all get the same type of phone’s a year ago, he even went as far as to program what numbers could be called from them. Of course, he said this was so they didn’t waste unnecessary minutes.

At the time they had just thought it was Max being his typical paranoid self. He was always doing things to keep them all together, their senior year he managed to switch everyone’s class schedules so they took the same classes, he rented out a whole apartment building so they could live together, he scheduled when they were allowed to do things, and he was always tracking where everyone was going and who they were going with.

Neither Liz nor Isabel had let themselves be controlled by Max. Isabel had stayed with her parents after her graduation, she told Max she wasn’t moving until he told their parents the truth, and so three years later she still lived at home. Liz had refused to move out of her parent’s house when he demanded it. It was his determination that made Liz stay at home. She told Max that it looked like they were up to something, because how many people buy out an apartment building for people they went to high school with?

Liz didn’t even want to think about why she was in Roswell after high school in the first place.

“So maybe, Maria?” Isabel asked breaking the silence.

Maria. Liz’s other best friend. Maria had been Liz’s best friend since she was young, they did practically everything together. But somewhere along the way Maria started to agree more and more with Max. She moved into Max’s apartment building and slowly started to become like Max and Tess. She even refused a record deal with Epic because Max might need her.

Liz shuddered. The people that lived in the apartment building were like a cult; Max, Tess, Michael, Maria, Alex, Brody, Sean, Laurie, and Serena. They all dressed the same, black clothes all the time. They lived to find out how to get the Pod squad back to Antar, which still puzzled Liz why Alex and Maria were so adamant about it. They stopped doing things they loved to concentrate on Max.

“Not Maria.” Liz said quietly. She honestly didn’t know if she could tell Maria without her going back to Max.

“God, I hate to say this but Kyle?”

Kyle. He was the first one to leave. He told Max after graduation that he was leaving and didn’t care what he thought. Of course Max didn’t let him go willingly, he tried to prove that Kyle cheated throughout high school, but Tennessee didn’t really care because they were getting a star QB.

Kyle had cut off most of his ties to Roswell. He occasionally called Liz to keep up on what was going on, he called Isabel when he was sure Max wouldn’t be around, and he talked to his dad even less. He was living a normal life, he was living period.

Max was brainwashing Valenti into believing the more contact he had with Kyle could put Kyle’s life in danger. Yes, to a normal person this sounds crazy, but Max has become the master of manipulation over the years.

“I don’t know if I want to bring him into this. He is finally out of this mess. Isn’t it selfish to bring him back in?”

Isabel was quiet for a minute. They really couldn’t just call up anyone and say “Hey I left Roswell because the King of Antar is ruining my life.” Isabel didn’t even realize how bad her life was until they pulled out of Roswell completely. It was like she suddenly realized how bad things were. Not that it was bad all the time and always alien related. They had fun, they worked, and they did normal things. It was when they had to work with Max that things started to become unbearable.

“So we don’t call anyone from home then…. Rule three, no talking about Roswell, Antar, or anything alien!” By changing the subject Isabel pulled Liz and herself out of their negative thoughts.

“Okay, rule 4. I pick the music!” Liz said fillping the radio on and trying to loosen up. If she wanted to be all dark, twisty, and broody she would have stayed in Roswell.

She watched as Isabel scribbled some more rules down.

“Oh and Iz.”

“Yeah?”

“No more rules. This is suppose to be fun.”
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Yay! The sites back, I promise I had an update ready for Saturday...Enjoy!
FEEDBACK=LOVE!, actually feedback=quicker updates!

“This is fun alright.” Isabel hissed as both girls stood out in the rain staring at the front of Liz’s Toyota.

It was only moments before that they had pulled over on the abandoned road. They had no idea where they were, there were no signs of life as far as they could see, the last gas station they passed was miles away, and to top it off Liz’s car was smoking. The smoke had died down since they pulled over, and now was coming out lightly from the front of the car.

Neither girl made a move to open the hood because they weren’t stupid and knew they would get burnt. Isabel had suggested that she stop the smoke and make the hood a normal temperature, but Liz quickly vetoed it. As easy as it would be to have Isabel simply wave her hand and fix the car but Liz didn’t want to be dependent on Isabel’s alien powers, especially since she was running away from that life.

“Do you know anything about how to fix cars manually?” Liz asked looked at Isabel stressing the word manually. She hoped that by some chance she had picked something up from hanging out with Kyle and Michael.

Isabel just shook her head. “I can change a flat tire.” She added.

“As good as that skill is it isn’t going to help us now.” Liz turned around to face the opposite direction and tried to look out as far as she could.

There wasn’t much to see. With it being dark and the rain coming down in sheets, it was hard to make out things in the distance. As far as Liz could tell it was endless fields, with the occasional speed limit sign.

“So we stand in the rain and wait for someone to drive by?”

“We could walk but neither of us is dressed to go hiking in the rain.”

Isabel and Liz were both wearing the clothes they wore to Alex’s funeral. Although Liz had a jacket it was not going to do much good in the downpour they were currently in.

“We should head back in the car, at least we won’t get wet.” Liz suggested after they stood there a few more minutes and contemplated what to do and staring blankly at the car.

“Are you insane? What if the car blows up with us in it?” Isabel was in hysterics at the suggestion. Liz doubted the car was going to blow up. She didn’t know much about cars but because the car was smoking she figured that it had something to do with the engine.

“Well we can’t spend all night in the rain hoping someone will drive by, we haven’t passed anyone in miles.” She tried pleading her case with Isabel.

Isabel shook her head, Adamant that she was going to stand away from the car and wait for someone to pass. Liz didn’t want to fight with Isabel so she hurried to the other end of her car searching for an umbrella.

Pulling out the umbrella she closed the trunk and went back to where Isabel was now sitting on the ground.

As Liz got closer she could hear that Isabel was crying, her body was shaking and her cries were coming out chocked. She tried to say something to Liz, but it came out as disoriented and gasps as she tried to hold back tears.

Liz was stunned. She hadn’t seen Isabel show any real emotion in all the years they had known each other, sure she was upset when Michael was sick, and Max was taken to the White Room, but nothing like this. What is one to do when the strongest person you know has an emotional breakdown? Liz dropped the umbrella to the ground and went and hugged Isabel, pulling her head into her shoulder. She didn’t think, she just acted.

Isabel flinched and first, but quickly wrapped her arms around Liz’s small body. Isabel hadn’t meant to start crying, in fact she felt pretty stupid. It hit her suddenly that Alex was dead, and the only person she had to confide in was Liz Parker, the girl she resented for years. And it was stupid to be crying, she wasn’t supposed to be crying. But she was and she noticed Liz was too. Isabel instantly hugged Liz tighter. Liz was crying intensively. Neither tried to speak just held onto each other as they cried, an unspoken understanding was formed, they understood that they were there for each other.

“You sure do take the phrase damsels in distress to a whole new level.” A cocky voice said causing Liz and Isabel to break apart. They both stood up quickly eyeing the strangers that were hovering over them.

Having been so caught up in their breakdown, both girls had missed the Impala drive by, stop, and come back. They failed to notice the two men that had then gotten out of the car and walk up to them.

“Dean.” The taller of the two said in a warning voice. He elbowed his brother in the chest and stepped closer to Isabel and Liz.

“You know ladies; you’re supposed to open this thing called an umbrella when it’s raining.” Dean said picking up the umbrella Liz had discarded earlier. He then proceeded to open the umbrella and stand under it to prove his point.

Liz rolled her eyes. We just had to be found by this jackass, she thought.

“Dean, knock it off.”

“Oh come on Sammy I’m just lightening the mood. It’s not everyday we find two pretty girls sobbing on the side of the road in a downpour.” Dean smirked and looked the girls up and down.

“And it’s not everyday we meet a real live comedian. Tell us which 2nd grader taught you to be funny, or wait did you spend all your time practicing these lines in case you were ever in this situation?” Liz shot back, she was in no mood to play games and Dean’s constant smirking was annoying her.

Isabel laughed. Sam smiled and laughed before composing himself when Dean sent him a look.

Dean left the little square they had formed and walked towards the car, his ego no doubt bruised when Liz made fun of him, and didn’t throw herself at him. He swiftly opened the hood in one quick motion and started looking around the inside.

“I’m Sam. And that’s Dean.” Sam said extending his had to Isabel and then Liz.

“Brandy.”
“Shirley”

Isabel and Liz said at the same time and then quickly looked at each other and suppressed their laughter. They used the names that Michael had given them while in Las Vegas. They used their aliases a lot over the years. Plus, they didn’t know Sam or Dean; they could be serial killers or some alien hunters for all they knew.

“If Dean can’t fix your car do you want to ride with us into the next town?” Sam asked and held the umbrella, which Dean had dropped, to them.

The girls shared a quick look, both sending signals that although they weren’t threatened by a couple of arrogant guys, neither wanted to get into a car with people they had met while in the middle of nowhere. It was like the beginning to a horror movie, and those always ended badly.

“Do you have a cell phone we could use?” Isabel inquired putting the umbrella over both Liz and herself.

“You don’t have a cell phone? What are you Amish?” Dean said from where he was hovering over the car

“We wouldn’t be driving a car if we were Amish” Liz said sarcastically, she added “idiot” but only where Isabel could hear.

“We sort of had a little ummm, well we lost them.” Isabel said stumbling over the words. How do you tell someone that you took two perfectly good cell phones and tossed them onto a road without looking like you were crazy?

“You lost them?” Sam asked skeptically. He found it hard to believe that college girls would loose their cell phones seeing as how everyone he knew had their cell phone permanently attached to their hip. He just assumed they were college girls because they looked the part.

“We were at a TKE mixer and I guess we had one to many jello shots.” Isabel said lying rather gracefully.

Sam nodded, excepting the explanation rather easily.

Had he known Liz or Isabel he would have known they were lying. Because Isabel couldn’t drink alcohol at all because of her low tolerance level, and neither of the girls had time to go to fraternity parties.

Dean walked over and handed Liz the phone. Liz and Isabel exchanged looks.

“Excuse us for a minute.” Liz said shooting Sam an apologetic look and a glare in Dean’s direction. She pulled Isabel a few feet away and they engaged in a whispered conversation, so they weren’t overheard.

“Who are we going to call?”

“What? A tow truck company, we can’t call someone to pick us up, we are pretty far from Roswell.”

“To get the number of the tow truck, we don’t have a phonebook with us.”

“Information?”

“I think that only works if you know the name and location.”

“Call Kyle.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, he’ll get the number and won’t run back and tell Max where we are if we call anyone else Max will be here before the cars fixed.”

Liz nodded and dialed Kyle’s cell number which she knew from years of practice. Isabel handed Liz the umbrella and went back to stand with Sam and Dean, so they wouldn’t get suspicious.

“Hello?” Kyle said, mumbling into the phone, his voice clouded with sleep.

“Kyle, it’s me.” Liz said hating to wake Kyle up to ask him for a favor.

“Liz?” Kyle said sounding more alert. “Max is looking for you.”

Liz rolled her eyes, something she had been doing a lot the last couple of years.

“I mentioned you brought up going to Seattle a few months ago.”

Liz said a silent prayer for Kyle leading Max to a place Liz would never go. Not that Liz had anything against Seattle but she didn’t want to be in a city where in rained all the time and she hated ferry boats.

“Do you want to tell me why I got a call a couple hours ago from a frantic Maria demanding to know if I had heard from you?”

So Max had one of his minions out looking for her.

“I don’t have time to explain right now Kyle, I’m in the middle of nowhere and my car is broke down. Don’t worry Isabel and I are fine, I just need for you to get me a number of a tow truck.” Liz said rushed as she saw Isabel shooting her a look to hurry up.

“Isabel’s with you?”

“Max hasn’t figured that out yet?”

“No, Maria called to ask if I knew where you were. Then Max said you made a scene at Alex’s funeral and he thought you were a flight risk. No one even mentioned Isabel leaving.”

“I guess they didn’t think she’d ever leave Max. I’m sure they won’t be happy when they find us both gone.”

“Liz, you do realize that the next time you call you are going to have to explain exactly how you and Ice Princess decided to go on a road trip.” Kyle said laughing. He used the Ice Princess nickname in good nature; he was one of the only people who called Isabel that to her face.

“ Okay, I’m on my computer, where are you located exactly?”

“Okay, I think the last sign I passed was for Merino, Colorado.”

Kyle gave Liz the number, which she kept internally repeating so she didn’t forget it. They said goodbye and Liz quickly called for a tow truck. After confirming the tow truck was on its way, Liz made her way back up to where Isabel, Sam, and Dean were standing.

“The tow trucks on its way.” Liz said handing the phone back to Dean. “So you can go now. Thanks for letting me use your phone.” She wasn’t trying to be rude, but she figured now that they had called for help there was no need for the two boys to stay. After all it was 3 0’clock in the morning.

“Yea well will wait until the truck comes; don’t know who what might prey on you being out here alone.” Dean said shoving his hands into his coat pockets. No one said anything just seemed to except Dean’s answer.

It had stopped raining, and was eerily calm. Liz did not even want to imagine what she looked like; if she looked half as bad as Isabel then she would still look a mess. Liz considered changing out of her wet clothes, but decided against it because there wasn’t a private place to change and she didn’t trust Dean not to play peeping tom.

Liz blocked out Sam and Isabel’s talking as she went and leaned against the side of her car. She was tired, a several hour long road trip, and two emotional breakdowns will do that to a person. She felt the car move as Dean joined her. Neither said a word, as they waited for the tow truck.

(AN: So a couple things in here might be rude, but they weren’t intended to be! TKE if a fraternity, in case you don’t understand that. I do not have a problem with Amish! And any other thing I wrote that may offend you wasn’t suppose to! Hope you all liked the chapter. I’ll try to update again fairly quickly. I also made a little Sam/Isabel video, it’s my first so don’t expect perfection! But feel free to check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7NjGZcLa_8 )
Last edited by BlondeDramaQueen on Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Roswellian love- Thanks! And I’ll try to upload it to sendspace as soon as I can.

Aussietrueblue-thanks twice! I see you posted to different comments!

Orphyfets-thanks!

Queen Fee-thanks!

Demonyte- thanks! Twice!

KiaraAlexisKlay- thanks for the feedback, I enjoyed reading your comments!
Jamy21- I couldn’t agree more with the comment you made about whoever Jensen is playing you want him to be with Liz!

Thetvgeneral- I’m glad you like it and can bare to edit the chapters!

WomanofMystery- thanks, I just am over reading about Liz and Isabel being helpless all the time, so I am doing something about that!

Well your all in luck, it just so happens I was able to write the next part, and my lovely new Beta (thetvgeneral) corrected it over night! So yay for Part 3!

PART 3-

“So I don’t think they were Empusa’s.” Sam said shaking his head. “They
didn’t try to eat us or scare us to death.”

Sam and Dean were driving in the Impala looking for the closest hotel.
They had only just resumed the drive after spending an hour waiting for
the tow truck to arrive and help the girls whose car broke down.

“Empusa’s don’t travel in pairs Sammy. I knew when we stopped we were
just dealing with a couple of dumb college girls.” Dean said turning up the car stereo which was currently playing a classic Metallic song. Sam instantly lowered the volume that was
threatening to impair his hearing permanently.

“So why did we stop Dean?” Sam looked over at his brother who was
grinning like he won the lottery. “We never stop to help stranded
motorists.” Sam added as an afterthought. In all the time they had been
on the road they never stopped to help anyone that was broke down.

“Because they were hot, Sammy.” Dean said like it the most obvious thing
in the world.

“Dean, there is an Empusa out there killing everyone it comes across and
you are trying to get laid!” Sam yelled at his brother. They had
already wasted three days driving down from their last hunt, and by the
time they found the demon they’d be lucky if there was anyone left in
the town.

“No one said the job had to be all work and no play.” Dean said
smirking as he watched Sam glare at him. “Oh come on Sammy lighten up.”

“To lighten up would imply that I’m uptight. I’m not uptight.” Sam said
indignantly.

Dean just laughed. “Sure you’re not.”

“Dean, we’re here to hunt this Empusa and then go back to searching for
dad. Not hit on local girls.”

“They weren’t local.”

“What?” Sam asked dumfounded, what was his brother talking about.

“I ran her plates.” Dean said looking at Sammy like he was a kid asking
the dumbest question in the world.

“Okay Dean. Since you obviously aren’t going to tell me on your own,
why did you run the plates?”

“To make sure they weren’t demons Sammy.”

“My name is Sam.”

“Actually your name is Samuel.” Dean smirks, Sam glares. “They sure do
let anyone into Stanford.”

Sam continues to glare. Dean continues to smirk.

Sam did eventually stops glaring when he saw it was not going to make
his brother grow up. Hell, the more he sat brooding he was sure Dean
was enjoying himself even more.

“So you ran their plates, anything suspicious?” Sam asked. He wasn’t
really worried about them being demons, because Dean wouldn’t have been
so “nice” as he had been if there was a hint they were demons.

“Actually they are wanted for questioning in New Mexico” Dean shrugged
like it was no big deal.

“Okaaaay.” Sam looked at his brother waiting for him to continue which
he didn’t. “Questioning for what?”

“What is this, 20 questions. Nothing serious, Sammy.”

Seeing that his brother wasn’t going to except his answer he added,
“From what I was able to understand Liz is wanted by Roswell PD about
her friend’s suicide attempt.”

“Liz?”

“That’s who the car is registered to Sammy.”

“Sam.”

“No Liz.”

Dean smirks, Sam glares.

“Jerk.”

“Bitch.”

“Weren’t there names Shirley and Brandy?”

“That’s what they said.” Dean said getting bored at how dumb his
brother could be at times. “If I had to guess, I’d say they gave us an
alias. You know, we do it sometimes too.”

“So that’s why you went to sit with Shirley.” Sam said smiling. “Aww
Dean you went to comfort her.”

Dean didn’t say anything just frowned. Sam continued to smile.

“You weren’t trying to pick her up you wanted to make her feel better.”
Sam laughed. Dean scowled.

“Enough Sammy.” Dean said, he didn’t like his brother making fun of
him. “And I went to sit with her because I thought for once you were
going to be a guy and hook up with Brandy.”

Sam stopped laughing.

“I was just talking to her.”

“I know, that’s why I left. To let you work your magic.”

“Seriously, Work my magic. You’ve been watching internet porn again?”

“Come on Sammy, she was hot. I thought if I took care of her frigid
friend you could make your move. But you’re with me now so I see that
didn’t happen.”

“She was upset Dean. I was trying to get her to talk about why she was
crying on the side of the road.”

“Whatever you say Sammy.”

More glares and smirks ensue as they continued driving. Silence filled
the car.

“So which one do you think is Liz?”

“Well it looks like you had a small leak within the engine, which in
turn allowed for the coolant to empty into the engine.” Big George said
as he pulled himself out from under the car. Liz and Isabel stood up
from the plastic chairs they were residing in to stand at his level.

After the girls shared a confused look, Big George put it in simpler
terms. “Your car is kaput, I can replace the engine and get it running
again, but it might take a few weeks.”

“A few weeks?” Liz asked, although neither Isabel nor she had plans to
be anywhere she didn’t think she would last a few days in a town that
looked deserted.

They had only quickly driven through town, with Big George pulling the
car by his pick up truck, but it was quickly evident that there wasn’t
much happening in the town of Merino.

“’Fraid that’s the best I can do on such short notice. I’m going out of
town tomorrow, and ain’t nobody around here besides me you want messin
with your car.” Big George patted both girls on the shoulder. “I can
get Gretchen to rent you a room in our finest motel, maybe even half
price since it’s the off season.”

Both girls nodded. They might not want to stay in Merino, but if they
could get a cheap room they couldn’t very well pass it up. Especially
since they had a limited amount of money, the quick stop by the bank in
Albuquerque had given them a small amount, but the bank had a daily
limit and their credit cards would leave a trace. Both girls went to
gather the essentials from Liz’s car and were on there way to the motel.

Liz couldn’t hide her amusement when they pulled up to Gretchen’s. The
motel was pink, and the pink on the brick was chipped and cracked. The sign
in the window said vacancies and the lights visible from the main
window were flickering.

“You know what they say,” Liz said once she saw Isabel’s disgust,
“never judge a book by its cover.”

“I just hope they don’t rent the place out by the hour.” Isabel said
watching as Big George climbed out of the truck and went to open their
door. “And I swear if there’s a vibrating bed we are so out of here. I
don’t care if we have to walk to the next town.”

Big George opened the door and Liz and Isabel quickly jumped out and
followed him towards the motel.

At the desk was a girl who looked to be 17.

“Bobbie, where’s Gretchen?” Big George asked looking around confused.

“She left, said she didn’t want to be here when tomorrow came.” The
girl named Bobbie said twirling her hair around her index finger.

Big George shot her a look, that didn’t go unnoticed by Liz and Isabel.
Both stayed quiet on either side of George but were listening to the
conversation intently. There was something in the tone they were using
that made the situation seem not right.

“Bobbie, why didn’t you leave with the Wilkerson’s yesterday?”

“My family didn’t move here ‘till the 80’s George. I don’t have
anything to worry bout. Plus I told Gretch I’d look after the place
until she got back.” George was looking anxiously at Bobbie, like he
wanted to say something but was afraid of saying too much.

“It’s a good thing I did too. Would you believe we had a customer a few
minutes ago. Two of ‘em actually. And with your friends over here, we’ve got
a packed house.”

Isabel and Liz looked at each other behind George’s back. The unspoken
question was, could it be the guys who stopped and helped them. That
would be too much of a coincidence even for them.

“Did Cooper leave?”

“No, stubborn old man. Said every year he leaves an nothins happened so
far. Said he’d wait it out this year. Said plenty of people are staying
this year so he won’t be the only one here if she does come.”

“Bobbie!” Big George yelled causing all three girls to jump. His tone
was demanding and warning Bobbie not to continue talking.

“Why don’t you rent a room out for these girls. They’ be having car
trouble and since I’m leavin isn’t nobody going to be here to fix it
until I come back. You think I can give them a discount.”

Bobbie who was startled by George’s outburst at first, quickly regained
her composure and went about booking them into a room.

“I can let you have it for free actually.”

Isabel raised her eye at this.

Liz started to protest.

“No it’s okay, as long as the other room is rented out you can stay.
I’m charging them double. What? Don’t look at me like that Georgie! One
of them came in here throwing around pickup lines, bad ones at that. I
mean sure he was not bad lookin, but he was so arrogant.”

Big George shook his head. “Listen girls, if you need anything Bobbie
here can take care of it. I’ll call the hotel when I’m back and have
the car ready. Like I said before it should only be a week or two.”

George finished saying his goodbyes to all three of them and headed
out.

Bobbie handed them a room key and pointed them to the only hallway in
the building.

Once they reached the room Isabel quickly turned to Liz.

“Did that not seem creepy?”

“Yes that’s what I was thinking. It seems like everyone in this town is
leaving. And what Bobbie said about someone coming. It really is
freaking me out.”

“I can dreamwalk her if you want to find out.”

“You just want to use your powers!” Liz said laughing at the guilty
look on Isabel’s face. “It hasn’t even been a day and your going
through withdrawals!”

“You never know, this situation might turn out to be life or death.”

Thanks to everyone who left feedback for the music video! It might contain some spoilers for the upcoming chapters, if you were able to pic them up good for you because honestly I don't see how anyone can understand what I was thinking! But you know this fic will end up being 100% better then the vid!
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Aussietrueblue- Well this part has more Dean/Liz action, but you just have to wait, all in good time will I have tons of D/L action!

Queen Fee- Thanks!

jamy21

Ellie-Well of course they are going to run into eachother countless times, I mean they are in the same hotel! And I’m glad you have faith that no one will be disappointed!

Luna_Seer-Thanks!

Demonyte- Too short! Well you’re lucky, I almost cut it off after the Dean/Sam interaction! I’ll try and make them longer!

Jensen Lover 37-Thanks.

forever dreamer-Thanks!

carter13- thanks!

Jen C- Well I know its sad, but the song just seemed to fit with them so I had to go with it!

Flyawayraven-thanks!

Roswellian_love- yes I’ll put it on sendspace, or something like it. But it’ll have to be later this week!

Ms.IndianaJones- thanks!

Jensen Lover 37-thanks again, yes the sadness goes with the song! I wanted a happy vid, but heard the song and had to go with it.

Emerald_iceus-thanks

Part 4

“I do not know how you talked me into this.” Isabel said pushing her shopping cart through the small aisle. Liz stood beside her marking items off her list.

Glancing up she replied, “You’re the one who needs clothes Iz, unless you plan on wearing that outfit until we leave town.” She gestured to the clothes Isabel had borrowed from Big George’s daughter. It consisted of a red flannel shirt and grey sweatpants, something that Isabel normally wouldn’t be caught dead in.

“I know Liz, but Wal-Mart!” Wal-Mart was the only store open 24 hours and within walking distance from there hotel.

“What’s wrong with Wal-Mart?” Liz asked putting a bottle of shampoo in the cart.

“This is,” Isabel grabbed the shampoo bottle in one hand and a loaf of bread in another. “What kind of place sells everything all together? It’s not normal”

“It’s convenient.” Liz said taking the cart from Isabel. “Would you rather us go to twenty different stores to get what we need, or just one?”

Isabel huffed and put the items back in the cart. Liz smiled; glad she didn’t have to give a twenty minute lecture on how it was okay to shop at Wal-Mart. She didn’t even want to know how Isabel was going to react when they reached the clothing section. She had purposely saved that for last, no need to spend the whole trip listening to the difference between Wal-Mart and name brand clothes.

When Liz had went to unpack at the hotel she realized she didn’t have anything that was necessary for survival. In the mist of packing during her escape she had managed to grab a few outfits and her journal, she missed the essential things like a tooth brush and shampoo. Isabel on the other hand had nothing besides the contents of her purse. Needless to say they decided to stop and pick up a few things before they went to sleep.

They had decided to shop for the cheapest items and share all the essentials, the not having a lot of money was starting to become an issue.

“So Bobbie seems nice.” Isabel commented offhandedly tossing a copy of Cosmopolitan into the cart. Liz shook her head debating how to approach the subject that Cosmo was not an essential item but decided to not to say anything since it wouldn’t do any good.

“She did.” Liz stopped pushing the cart, causing Isabel to stumble into her back. “But I really don’t like how she and Big George had that cryptic conversation. It seems a little suspicious that everyone is leaving town and that whole comment about how she doesn’t have to worry because she’s not from here. What do you think that was all about?”

“No idea. They seem harmless so I’m not exactly worried.” Isabel said glancing at Liz. “And I our families aren’t from here either so we have nothing to worry about.” Isabel said trying to make Liz stop worrying, she regretted even mentioning Bobbie. They had spent twenty minutes after getting checked in debating what might be causing everyone to leave, but the conversation and been changed to a lack of essentials and neither girl had talked about it again until now.

“I guess your right.” Liz replied and started to push the cart towards the clothing aisle. Her tone of voice and the expression on her face told Isabel she wasn’t okay with her explanation and no doubt would try to figure out what was going on later. But Isabel pretended she didn’t see that Liz was still thinking about it and continued walking beside her.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Isabel suddenly exclaimed before she started laughing loudly

Liz knew Isabel wasn’t going to be pleased with the clothes that were available but she didn’t think she was going to laugh at them

“Iz, you know there aren’t any other clothing stores open and….” Before Liz could continue on her speech Isabel held up her hand to silence her.

“Not.. the… clothes… Liz…. look.” Liz looked to where Isabel was pointing.

“Oh.” Was all Liz could manage when she saw what Isabel was laughing about.

Both girls looked at each other before Liz started laughing.

“Is that the guy from earlier?” Liz managed to get out before laughing again.

Isabel simple nodded not being able to calm down enough to actually speak.

“He’s….cart….blanket…oh my…” Isabel said, but Liz could only make out certain words, both girls were practically on the floor laughing by the time they heard someone clear their throat.

Both girls tried to compose themselves but were having no luck, especially when they saw the person who was trying to talk to them, they laughed even harder. This time Liz really was on the floor laughing while Isabel hunched over grabbing her stomach as she laughed.

Sam just shook his head not understanding what the girls were laughing about. He had been on his way to the “beauty” aisle when he saw them talking in the middle of the toy and movie section, he wanted to make sure that they had managed to get their car fixed. Now he was debating on whether or not to just walk away. Clearly they were unstable. When he first met the girls were crying on the side of the road, now they were hysterically laughing in the supermarket. His brother sure knew how to find the crazy ones.

Before he had a chance to turn and walk away he heard his brother yell out “I’m Batman. Come Robin, to the Batcave.” Sam quickly looked around and saw his brother riding around on an electronic cart with a blanket tied around his shoulders. He stared disapprovingly at Dean and watched as Isabel fell beside Liz on the floor.

“Dean!” He hissed causing his brother to turn his cart in his direction. Sam didn’t know what his brother was doing; they had parted ways when they entered the store. Sam had gone to pick up a few things they had run out of; Dean had said he was going to do some business. He hadn’t even bothered to ask knowing how Dean hated answering to him. Little did he know business meant acting like a complete idiot.

“Dean what are you doing?” Sam basically screamed, there wasn’t anyone in the store besides the four of them but that didn’t mean the employees were going to overlook his brothers antics. He had no doubt the full scale G.I. Joe vs. X-Men action figure battled he stumbled upon earlier was done by Dean.

Dean started steering the cart towards Sam humming the theme to Mission Impossible.

Isabel and Liz started laughing even harder from where they were on the floor. Sam looked down and them and then back to his brother shaking his head and looking embarrassed.

He felt like a parent whose kids were something really embarrassing, he shouldn’t have to worry about leaving his older brother alone in a store.

He watched as Dean crashed the cart into a display of batteries.

“Dean get off the damn cart.” Sam yelled having had enough of the whole scene.

By now, the girls were laughing so hard they couldn’t even speak let alone get off of the floor. And watching Sam try and help Dean get up from underneath the mountain of batteries was just too much.

~~~

A short time later and without any batteries under foot to hinder their movement, Sam and Dean finished their shopping. They had only needed a few items by the time they were ready to leave the store it felt like hours had passed.

And who did they run into at the checkout line, yep Isabel and Liz. What strange coincidence was it that the four kept running into each other every where they went? While Sam and Dean were picking up the batteries earlier Isabel and Liz, fully composed, went to pick up the items they needed.

“So small world…huh?” said Sam. The girls just giggled remembering the earlier scene with Dean, the blanket and the shopping cart.

“Yeah…” managed Liz. “We’re just in town until our car gets fixed. Thanks again for your help by the way. So what are you guys doing here?”

Maybe it was because every new person she met was somehow alien related, she had gotten use to asking everyone she met a lot of questions. Granted the guys were nice enough to let her borrow a cell phone, but really several chance meeting and the fact they were in the same run down town, well it screams not normal. Plus, you never know who could be FBI.

Both brothers quickly looked at each other, but Dean spoke first. “Shirley right? Well we’re just passing through and Merino looked like a good place to take a break and spend the night.”

“We’re repo men. You know drive around and take things back from folks who can’t pay their bills,” chimed in Sam hoping that might keep the questions to a minimum. There was no sense in getting involved with these two, especially if they were in some kind of trouble and not the supernatural kind.
He could tell something was not right with their situation, they were wanted by the police and the items he saw in their cart earlier were not of the I’m spending a few days out on the town kind. It was more of the I’m fleeing the country kind.

“Well, it was nice seeing you again, but we’re going to head back to the hotel and get settled,” said Isabel in perfect Ice Princess mode, she didn’t like the way Sam was eyeing the bags in her hands. With that the girls headed out of the store and back to the hotel.

Sam and Dean watched the girls leave the store.

“Don’t go there Dean.”

“Why not Sammy. They’re cute and alone so why not??”

“We’re on a hunt and we don’t have time for distractions…that’s why!”

“Look let’s just pay for this stuff and get out of here. We can start tracking this thing in the morning.”

They finally agreed on something and headed back to the hotel.

---

The walk back to the hotel had been quiet. Neither Isabel nor Liz felt like talking, each lost in their own thoughts. The situation they were in seemed to be getting weirder and weirder by the minute.

By the time Liz and Isabel got back to the hotel they both noticed that even for late in the evening, the town was essentially a ghost town.

“You know I thought everyone was acting weird and leaving town, but something just really feels off here,” said Liz. And Isabel had to agree.

“Maybe it’s a Czechoslovakian thing, but I agree with you Liz. The sooner we can get out of here the better.”

“Yes I agree. I don’t want to be here any longer then we have to. Unfortunately Big George has my car, and he won’t even be able to work on it for a few weeks.” Liz shook her head and sat down on her full size bed.

“Can you imagine spending weeks in this town Liz? Honestly, will die of boredom.”

“If not something else.”

“What?”

“Nothing, I just was thinking out loud.”

“Okay.” Isabel said, really how harmful could this little town be? Sure the people seemed to be hiding something, and well she hadn’t really seen that many people but nothing bad was going to happen.

“You know this would be a good movie, two girls, stranded in a deserted town because of car troubles, two hot but strange guys around every corner. Now all we need is some massive event to happen and we have ourselves a classic horror movie.”

“I think it’s been done a thousand times in the movies.”

“Yea but if they made this into a movie, we’d be a pretty hot cast right?”

Both girls shared a laugh as they envisioned there lives being turned into a movie.

AN: So I found a co-writer in my Beta, thetvgeneral! So we worked together to bring you this part. I am trying to update atleast weekly! Hopefully that will work out. As for the song I used, it was by Chris Daughtry and it's titled Gone. But they have a lot of good songs I would recommend, they have a myspace page where you can preview songs if your interested! Thanks for all the feedback and bumps! Hope you liked this part, it is the calm before the storm. And Dean's behavior was off the 50 things to do at Wal-Mart chain letter! Had to throw it in there, of course why he was doing it will be explained later! Ciao!
Last edited by BlondeDramaQueen on Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 5

The next morning came earlier then Dean thought it should have. And he wasn’t very happy to see that his brother was already up, had coffee and was already researching their latest hunt.

“Gees…do you have to do that so loudly?” Dean grimaced.

“And good morning to you too Sunshine!” Sam returned. “There’s coffee.”

“I’d be happier if I knew what we were up against.” Dean said contemplating if he should put the pillow over his head and try and get a few more minutes of sleep or not. Once Sammy started talking any notions of sleep were quickly gone.

“Well, dad’s journal isn’t helping me all that much…especially since we don’t really know what we’re looking for. All I have are these two small newspaper clippings about two families that just up and disappeared. It’s kinda weird, even for us.” Sam had been up most of the morning doing research. He couldn’t sleep much that night so he had taken to finding as much about the case as possible, though it was wasted time since he hadn’t really found anything.

“Yeah, you’d think that if that many people just vanished that it would be more of a big deal.” Dean said absently. He might have overlooked this case if it wasn’t for Helen specifically giving the case to them.

Whatever was going on in this town wasn’t being publicized and without it being in the papers they were bound to over look it.

“Dean, I’ve done all I can do here. I think we should hit the local library or even the hall of records.” Sam said cutting Dean off about his thoughts of the case.

“Ok…just let me get dressed.” And with that Dean dragged himself out of bed and into the bathroom. He quickly grabbed the cup of coffee on his way in. He had a feeling it was going to be a long day.

An hour later the brothers found themselves outside of Merino Public Library waiting for someone to unlock the door. Finally a little old lady who could barely walk wandered up and unlocked the door officially opening the library.

The boys found the periodicals and started looking through old and current editions of the local newspaper. It was slow going…and this was making Dean irritable, “Man, only one computer in this place with Internet access and it doesn’t work. I mean they have a 24 hour Wal-Mart and they don’t have computers or Internet access.” Dean grumbled as he flipped through another set of articles.

“Dean, don’t go there. I mean come on…let’s just keep looking. I know I’d like to forget what happened at Wal-Mart. And we just had to run into those girls. You are really embarrassing. Seriously what got into you last night? I was debating whether or not to throw holy water on you, because you might have been possessed.”

“Sammie…I was just having a little fun! Knock it off. You need to have some fun!! And I’m telling you…one of those cuties could just be the ticket!!!” Dean said sending Sam one of his trademark grins.

“I told you I’m not interested. What I am interested in is the disappearance of a large number of people.” Sam was in no mood to listen to his brother once again give him a lecture on needing to move on from Jess and date again. Or really in Dean’s mind just hook up with a random girl, seeing as how they were never in an area long enough to date anyone. He didn’t know how he could make it anymore clearer to Dean that he wasn’t going to be hooking up with either of the girls he met; he knew there was something about their situation that wasn’t right.

“Hey Sammie…look at this,” Dean says as he blows the dust off of a large book containing the local newspaper from 20 years ago. “Here’s another instance of a large group of people disappearing. There’s not much here but the names are similar to the ones in the articles you found. See this headline…Westin Family Vanishes from Local Campground; Police Still Have No Leads.”

Well there’s a shocker…the police having no clue what’s going on Sam thought. They never have a clue when it comes to this kind of stuff. Why if they only knew….

Dean brought Sam out of his thoughts.

“And just as this story makes headlines…the story disappears. It’s like it never happened. I’m telling you Sammie this just doesn’t feel right. Keep looking.”

About 30 minutes later, Sam agreed with Dean as he found three more missing families: The Gordons, The Harpers, and The Duncans. The odd thing was that the disappearances were always 20 years apart and they never happened in the same place. So it was easy for someone to miss the connection. But it was always 20 years apart and always entire families. The police did their initial investigation and it was reported by the local media but then nothing. Not another word was ever mentioned about that family again.

“I think its time for you boys to leave.” The librarian said from where she was perched just inside the room. “Library closes for lunch so you’ll have to find somewhere else to go.”

The boys shared a look. Figures this town was one of the few in America that took a midday closing for lunch.

They quickly shut the books and packed their things when they saw the librarian eyeing their things.

“It’s fine will go find somewhere to eat. This research paper can wait a few hours.” Sam said, so as not to arouse suspicion the boys had pretended to be college students researching different towns for their history class.

If the librarian didn’t believe it she didn’t let on, just went about her work as if it was common for people to come in and request periodicals.

“Dean, I think we need to take a walk. Maybe we can find out more about this town in the Hall of Records.”

“Yeah Sam I agree…but I think I need something to feed the beast first,” he grinned.

So the two left the library in search of food.

Just down the block they found a diner…a real greasy spoon by most standards.

“Just sit anywhere you want, I’ll be right with you,” sang the lone waitress as she cracked her gum.

Sam and Dean checked out the diner and except for a couple of old men at the counter, the place was empty. They took at seat and started looking at the menu. It was one of those themed places…and had names for all of the dishes it served. Just then the waitress appeared.

“Hi, I’m Cindy and I’ll be your waitress. What can I get you two boys?”

“We’ll just have two specials,” Sam quickly replied.

And before she could get away, Dean tried to make conversation with Cindy. “So it’s kinda dead in here. Kinda like the whole town. What’s the story?”

Cindy just stared at the two boys and didn’t really know what to say. She never really had to deal with outsiders before especially when it was *one of those years* that no one talked about. She had moved to town about 6 years ago just looking for a place to blend in. She was originally from Colorado Springs and just couldn’t take the fast paced life anymore. The town folk welcomed her in but kept her at arms length. She knew something was going on and that’s why those who lived here all their lives were leaving town for a bit, but no one told her what was really going on. All they had told her was that she had nothing to worry about.

“Subtle man! Real subtle!” Sam said as he kicked Dean under the table. “I’m sorry Cindy, you’ll have to excuse my brother. He’s always asking inappropriate questions.”

Cindy smiled, nodded, then said, “That’s alright. I’ll get your order in. It will be up shortly.”

The food came in record time. They paid and headed for City Hall hoping to find some answers before they actually came face to face with this latest demon.

The clerk at City Hall wasn’t helpful, in fact he was downright dumb and had no idea on how to help them. Dean finally talked his way behind the counter so they could get a look at the records.

“Well, the town was founded in 1860’s by the Holon Godfrey family. Says here they owned a lot of property and their name was attached to a lot of businesses that came and settled in the area.”

“Yeah I see that…but take a look at this. It’s like after 1927 they disappeared. And there’s never a mention of them again…on any records, deeds, birth or certificates, even marriage certificates. That’s really strange.”

“Ahhh man does that mean we’re headed back to the library…I don’t think I can handle the dust or smell or that old lady any more!”

“Come Dean there’s a trail here. We’ve almost got it. The sooner we deal with this, the sooner we can get out of dodge.”

With that they headed back to the library…unaware that someone was watching them. And had been watching them since early this morning. Those boys were close…too close to what was going on. Too many strangers in town…what with those two girls who’s car broke down. The mystery man decided he better report this and fast before Isabella came to settle the score this year. Then things could finally get back to normal for another 20 years.

---

Back in the hotel Isabel and Liz were both trying to muster up enough energy to start their day. With their late night Wal-Mart run and discussion on the town in general they hadn’t made it to sleep until hours later. Which is why it was the middle of the day and they were just now waking up. The sun was painfully bright as it seeped through the thin curtain over their window. Neither girl wanted, nor had, the energy to walk to the window and pull down the set of blinds. So they let the sun light rouse them out of sleep.

Liz was the first one to actually leave the confines of the bed. She slowly sat up and looked around the room. Blinking repeatedly to remember where she was and the previous night came back to her. She looked over at Isabel who was staring sleepily at the ceiling. She stood up and made her way to the bathroom to get ready.

When Liz returned from the bathroom she found Isabel rummaging through one of the plastic Wal-Mart bags.

“I figured we could go to the library and do some research on the town.” Liz said causing Isabel to look up at her questionably. “They are bound to have computers and we can see exactly what is going on in this town.”

“Seems my dear brother taught you well.” Isabel said nonchalantly as she read the back of the bag of M&M’s. “What’s next Liz, we go around questioning the people that live here on why everyone in this god forsaken town is acting strange?”

“Max was paranoid Isabel. I’m just being prepared. You said it yourself last night that strange things are going on here. I want to be ready in case something happens.”

“Liz I get it, I really do. And I understand that you want to be prepared if there is something alien going on here, but you wanted this to be a normal trip. How are we going to do that if we start off our first day of freedom by acting like we are in an episode of Veronica Mars.”

Liz looked at Isabel. This conversation was a far cry from the one they had the night before, in which Isabel was all for finding out what was going on in Merino. Liz studied Isabel; something was off about her behavior. She didn’t know what but Liz knew that something had happened to make Isabel decide to leave their fact finding mission alone.

“Your right.” Liz interjected cheerily, and watched as Isabel let out a subtle sigh of relief. One that would not have be noticed if not looking for it.“Let’s just spend our few weeks in Merino then find someplace else to go and actually do things that 21 year olds do.”

Isabel smiled and put down the bag of M&M’s, she didn’t want Liz to start digging around about the town because she knew for a fact it would lead to trouble. While Liz had been getting some much needed rest Isabel hadn’t been able to sleep, so she did what she always does when she can’t sleep, dreamwalks. Sure she broke one of the rules that Liz had made but she wanted to know exactly what was going on in the town.

She was passed the stage of needing a picture of the person to enter their dreams, she had randomly stumbled into a locals dream. The scene had plagued her most of the night and still now she had the creepy suspicion that if they went looking for trouble they were bound to find it.

She avoided telling Liz. Not because she didn’t think she would be able to handle it, but because in her mind she was protecting Liz. After all they had been through throughout the years they deserved a few weeks of peace. And what better way to get that peace then to ignore what was going on around you.
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 6

Back in Roswell things weren’t going so well for the rest of the “I Know an Alien Club.” Max was moodier than usual and seriously on edge and it was all because Liz and his sister decided to just take off. “How could they do this to me…or us?” Max thought to himself. “If anything Isabel should know better. We need to stay together and be a unit.”

Max knew the second Liz stormed out of Alex’s house she was a flight risk. He knew she was not thinking clearly, after all she accused aliens of murdering Alex. It was clear to him that Alex couldn’t hack it and decided to kill himself. Max wasn’t wasting any sympathy on him, if anyone was under an insane amount of pressure it was him, how dare anyone else think they had it worse than him. He after all was forced to baby-sit a bunch of incompetent idiots for the rest of his life. He knew he couldn’t let anyone in their “club” leave, they were not smart enough to manage without him.

Max was quickly brought back to the real world when Michael came in slamming the door behind him.

“So what Maxwell…have you heard anything about Liz or Isabel???” Michael asked annoyed. He had spent the last couple of hours searching around Roswell for Isabel and Liz, something he did not want to be doing. After searching all the areas Liz and Isabel’s normally hung out he came up with nothing. No one had seen or heard from them since before Alex’s funeral.

“No Michael, nothing.” Max said, just as annoyed as Michael had sounded. But they couldn’t have gotten far. I mean how much money could Liz have gotten together…and I checked Isabel’s room at Mom and Dad’s. She didn’t pack anything. I know that Liz is a planner…but I think that Isabel just stumbled into this and thought ‘what a great idea…I’ll run away with Liz.’ I mean how stupid can she be!!”

Max was trying to calm himself down. His alien energy was bubbling to the surface and he almost couldn’t control himself. And that wasn’t like him at all. Michael yes…but not him. And he wasn’t sure why this whole *escape from the alien abyss* was bothering him so much…but it was really getting under his skin. But he knew they shouldn’t have left, the group needed to stay together. Was he the only one who understood that? First Kyle decided to take off, now Liz and Isabel.

“Well Maria hasn’t heard from Liz and that in itself is strange. I’m just waiting to be on the receiving end of her Liz-withdrawal. Have you checked Liz’s place to see what’s missing?? Maybe there’s a clue there.”

“I was just heading over to the CrashDown to do that.”

Michael shot Max a ‘what are you waiting for’ look.

Max grabbed his leather jacket off the couch and proceeds to the door. “Michael, you stay here and get progress reports from the others, make sure they are searching. I want this matter cleared up as soon as possible.” With that Max stormed out of the apartment slamming the door behind him.

---
The trip to the CrashDown was short, the apartment building was in walking distance. The location was perfect, Liz had not wanted to move in with the group, so Max picked a building close enough that Liz was still close by.

Max snuck up the fire escape and used his powers to unlock the window. He surveyed the room. Some things looked out of place like Liz packed in a hurry and it seemed she only took the essentials. He tried touching various objects in the hopes of getting some type of feeling or vision from them like he had when Liz lost her journal all of those years ago. He noticed the shattered picture frame lying on the floor; he recognized the picture instantly, Junior Prom. ‘Interesting.’ He thought, taking in the shattered glass and the chipped wall where the frame had hit ‘Liz wasn’t thinking level headedly when she left.’ But still he had nothing to point to where Liz could have gone off to. He figured he’d at least check her computer before he left…maybe she left something in the history that would be useful.

Max booted up the computer and then tried various passwords until he was successful. There really wasn’t anything incriminating…but then he saw the website for Roswell National Bank. He clicked on it and then as luck would have it the login popped in when he clicked in the space…so now he only had to come up with the password and he wouldn’t have too many tries before the account would lock him out.

Max thought to himself…would it be as simple as logging on to the computer. Liz was too careful…too cautious…it would be different…but what would it be. Certainly not his name…that was too obvious. Maybe something alien related?? But what??

He typed granolith…and it was wrong. Damn only two more chances.

He typed Tabasco sauce…and that was also wrong. One more chance.

He typed September19…his finger hovering over the enter key. If this didn’t work…he wasn’t sure how they were going to find Liz and Isabel.

He struck the key and was rewarded with a look at Liz’s checking and savings account. And he didn’t like what he saw…Liz had withdrawn all of her money to the sum of $1500. Now all he knew was that she had money but still no clue where she ran to. Max turned off the computer and headed out the window leaving everything exactly where it had been when he got there.

Wait he thought…she took her car. Then a smile crossed his lips. That piece of junk isn’t going to make it very far…unless Isabel uses her powers to fix it. Maybe they hadn’t gotten far after all. Max continued his walk back to the apartment building.

He got upstairs to find Michael and Maria waiting for him.

“So any luck in her room?” asked Maria nervously.

“No…the only thing I found was that she cleaned out her bank accounts. It will keep them going…but not for long…that is unless Isabel can convince Liz to let her make money or change it.”

“Laurie called and reported Isabel’s ATM and credit cards stolen when the banks opened today. So Isabel isn’t going to be able to produce money the legal way either.” Michael supplied, it had been fairly easy to freeze Isabel’s accounts.

A brief silence filled the room before Max started to talk again.

“So Michael, has everyone checked in today??”

“Yeah, and I’ve also been trying to get a hold of Kyle. I know he doesn’t want anything to do with us…but I thought maybe Liz and Isabel would head his way. He didn’t give us much when Maria talked to him yesterday but he’s the only person they know outside of Roswell. I’ve been trying to get into the phone company’s system to see who’s been calling Kyle, but man I’m no Alex. This is going to take me some time.”

“That’s fine do what you can…just don’t do anything that’s going to be traced back to us.” Max said, they knew they had to be careful. It might raise to many suspicions if people were to find out they were looking for Isabel and Liz.

“Sean said Valenti hasn’t gotten any hits off Liz’s car. He said if she gets pulled over or if anyone runs her license plate number they’ll bring her back to Roswell, but so far no one has reported seeing her.” Maria supplied. She didn’t understand how registering Liz as a wanted person was going to not raise suspicions but she went along with it, at Max’s instigation.

Max though about this for a moment. He knew Liz and Isabel weren’t stupid, maybe they switched the numbers on the plate. That could be why they haven’t gotten any leads. He doubted they would think to change it though, after all they didn’t know he would stoop so low as to have Liz wanted to questioning in Alex’s suicide.

Three hours later, Michael found his inner-computer geek and had a list of every number that had called Kyle in the last month. Triumphantly he took his hard work and handed it over to Max. They then split up the list and checked the numbers against a reverse phone directory they found on the Internet. That narrowed it down to 10 numbers. They promptly began dialing saying they were just checking to make sure the phone numbers were working ok.

So far all of the numbers panned out and had nothing to do with Liz and Isabel. Then Max dialed the last number on the list and boy was he in for a surprise.

Dean’s phone rings. “Yeah.”

“Um yeah this is the phone company. Who’s this?”

“Yeah buddy…you called me! Who’s this?” said Dean sarcastically.

“I told you the phone company. You aren’t having any trouble with your phone are you? We have this number as originating in Tennessee.”

Well that just ticked Dean off to no end. He knew the minute the joker on the other end of the phone said he was with the phone company that it was a lie. And a bad one at that. But now trying to fish around for where he was…come on. On a bad day Dean could and did do better than this at getting the information that he needed for a hunt. This bozo was an amateur and Dean was going to call his ass on it.

Dean smiled, “Look man I don’t know who you think you are or who you’re trying to fool! I don’t know how you got my number…but for your own good you better lose it!” and with that he hung up as loud as you could for using a cell phone. Somehow that just isn’t as satisfying as using a regular telephone Dean thought to himself.

Max looked at Michael and said, “I think we need to pay a visit to our old friend Kyle and see what we can find out. I just know he knows something.”

Sam looked at Dean they were back in the hotel room when Dean got the weird phone call. “Dean, just let it go. So the guy was an ass. It could have been a prank. Who’s to say that it has anything to do with our current case.”

“Sammy, Sammy in all of these years have you learned that nothing is a coincidence???”

“Ok so tell me what he said again??”

“He wanted to know who he was talking to and then he said that he knew I was in Tennessee. And I’m pretty sure he didn’t know he called a cell phone.”

“What did your caller id say??”

“505-555-1234 and underneath it was marked private.”

Sam was typing in 505 into his laptop and the search engine generated one city: Roswell, New Mexico.

“Uh Dean…that call came from Roswell. Didn’t you say one of those two girls was wanted for questioning in a suicide or something??”

“See I told you…”

“But those girls don’t have anything to do with this case. You know they’re just a couple of rooms down. We could try talking to them again and hope they don’t hold your childishness against us.”

“Sammie…you old horn dog. You just want to talk to the tall blonde again. I can see it in your eyes. Don’t try denying it!”

“Knock it off! I was thinking that maybe we could try to question them separately so they couldn’t do that thing that girls do when they’re covering for each other.”

Dean just grinned, “So let me get this straight Sammie boy! You…You think we should talk to them separately. You are an old horn dog at heart!!!”

And with that Dean walked out of their room and down to where Liz and what’s her name were staying. He knocked on the door. “Shirley, it’s Dean. Sam and I wanted to know if you ladies wanted to go to dinner with us tonight.”

He didn’t hear anything…but then door opened.

“Ahh hi Dean. I’m not sure if Brandy and I feel up to going out to dinner. We had a long night and then we took a walk around town to get the lay of the land since we’re going to be stuck here for awhile.”

Isabel was in the bathroom taking a shower and Liz really didn’t want to deal with this. She and Isabel agreed they were looking for peace and quiet, that is after Liz had broken Isabel down about why she was keen to drop finding out about the town, with the information Isabel found out they both decided to drop there search. Liz looked at Dean again and realized she was being rude and at least invited him in. Just for a minute she thought. He is kinda cute…and he does have a funny side…she chuckled to herself remembering the Wal-Mart cart, cape and batteries. What could it hurt?

“I’m sorry Dean. I’m being rude. Why don’t you come in for a minute.” “Iz” she started but then caught herself hoping he didn’t notice, “Brandy is in the shower. I should probably check with her before I say no to dinner. I mean a girl has to eat right?” My god am I flirting with him, Liz thought. Wow I really didn’t realize how much Max has been suffocating me over the years.

Dean caught her slip and he was certain that Liz almost told him Brandy’s real name. What is it about the so-called damsels and not so damsels in distress that attracted him. He could tell they were in trouble but he didn’t think that he and Sam could help them. What Dean did know is that if they asked, he’d do what he could to help them and damn all of his years operating just below the radar of the law he was sure he had a few tricks that could help them disappear if they wanted to.

He couldn’t believe how awkward he felt around Liz. Not Dean…he was a lady’s man…what was it about this brown-eyed beauty that seemed to melt his heart??

Then he heard the shower stop running…so he figured me better cut to the chase. Brandy would be out soon and if she said no to dinner then he wouldn’t have any chance to talk to them until they had another chance meeting…but hell it was a small town…that chance would happen again and soon.

“Nice cell phone,” Liz said as she was watching Dean play with it…he was flipping it open and closed like he was nervous. Do I make him nervous?? Me Little Miss Liz Perfect Parker???

This gave Dean the opening he was looking for. “Thanks. Sorry I was just thinking about this strange call I got today.” He figured he bait her along…just waiting for the right time to drop the area code information that Sam had looked up for him. Then he’d see how she’d react. Then he could go back to his brother to figure out their next move.

“Oh…why,” she said with a smile.

Focus Dean FOCUS he threatened himself.

“Well the guy said he was from the phone company…but this is a cell. And he wanted to know who he was talking to and if I was in Tennessee.”

Liz tried to keep her emotions under control. Did he just say Tennessee??? She couldn’t let it show on her face…but she immediately thought about Kyle and then she knew it. She just knew it. Max had called Dean. Damn him anyhow. He had no claim to her. So what if she and Isabel didn’t want to play nice with the “I Know an Alien Club.” That was their business now. Damn him!

Dean could tell she wasn’t listening to him anymore…but he still wasn’t convinced that this proved that the call was related to them. So against his better judgment he decided to drop the area code information out to see what she did.

“Yeah well, I told him off but good. Then Sam thought it would be funny to try and call him back. When it didn’t work, he looked up the area code from my caller id.”

“Really…” Liz hesitated…she really didn’t want to give anything away…but this was killing her. She had to know.

“Yeah…the bozo was calling from Roswell, New Mexico. I’ll bet he was an alien.”

There was dead silence in the room. Gees…I’m no stand up comedian but that was funny…why isn’t she laughing. Ok now Dean was convinced. Something was wrong. But unless she said something, he and Sam couldn’t help them.

Just then Isabel came out of the bathroom.

“Oh Shirley, we have company. How nice. And what can we NOT do for you this fine evening, Batman. And where’s Robin? The bat cave I presume.” Isabel could tell when she walked into the room that the tension could be cut with a knife so she figured that full on ice princess mode was in order.

“Ow Brandy. You’ve hurt my feelings. I just came over here to see if you lovely ladies wanted to go to dinner with me and my brother. There aren’t too many good choices here in Merino but the diner we ate at today was pretty good.”

“Well Dean, it is Dean right? We’re not interesting in having dinner with you boys. It was very nice of you to help two strangers on the road, but that’s it. We are strangers…passing acquaintances and I’d prefer we keep it that way. So if you’ll excuse us, right Shirley?”

“Right, Shirley??” Isabel had to say again.

Liz shook her head in agreement. She was still trying deal with the fact that her… what is he anyway… my alien boyfriend, my ex alien boyfriend, my psychotic ex alien boyfriend…had come awfully close to finding them. And they hadn’t been gone all that long.

Dean knew when to quit. So he bid them good night and made a hasty exit back to his brother.

Isabel could sense Liz’s distress. “Liz, what is it??? Did he make move on you?? What?? Say something, you’re starting to scare me.”

“Iz…he found us. Or almost found us. Now what are we going to do?”

AN: You are going to love us even more in the next part. We plan on doing more couple's action. Soooo ask and you shall recieve!
Last edited by BlondeDramaQueen on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thetvgeneral
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: my own little world...but it's ok...they know me here.

Post by thetvgeneral »

Thanks for all of the great feedback guys! And thanks to all of your lurkers as well! As promised we have some great couples action for you. We hope you like this part as much as we did. BlondeDramaQueen and I had a blast putting this part together! So without further ado...Part 7. :D

Part 7

“What did you just say Liz?” Isabel asked holding on to the closest object so she wouldn’t fall over. Her mind working overtime on what Liz had just said.

“I said he almost found us. We’ve been gone…like what…a little over 24 hours and he almost found us.”

Liz was ghostly white and trying to keep her composure. “I really thought we’d have more time. Oh no! Kyle! We have to find a way to warn him. That’s how Max found us. He somehow got Dean’s cell phone number and called it trying to figure out where we are. Iz…what are we going to do?”

“Well, for starters you’re going to go to the library and try to contact Kyle. Warn him that there is an alien invasion headed his way in the form of my pig-headed brother and his creepy pod-like followers. I’m going to that motel room and give that Dean a piece of my mind.” And with that Isabel changed clothes and stormed out of the room.

She marched down the halls of the small motel. She was livid, some how Max had managed to make contact with Dean. There was no telling what Dean had said to Max. Hell for all she knew Dean could be working for Max, and that might explain some of those by chance appearances. The one thing she knew for sure was that Dean knew more then he should.

Finding which room they were in had been easy, a quick call down to Bobbie had given her all the information she needed. Liz was already on her way to the library to send a quick email to Kyle telling him to delete anything on his computer that might lead Max to them.

She came to a stop in front of the door and quickly knocked. The sound it made was intimidating enough, she wasn’t going to stand by and let Dean play mind games with Liz, which she knew for a fact he did when Liz brought up their previous conversation.

It was bad enough that Liz was dealing with the aftermath of her love triangle with Max and Tess, now when she is finally making progress in swoops Dean and complicates matters.

Isabel grew impatient and knocked again. She tapped her foot on the floor with annoyance; the clicking of her shoe on the linoleum was the only sound that could be heard. She raised her hand to knock again when the door was suddenly pulled open.

Sam Winchester was roused out of the bathroom by the pounding on his hotel door. He yelled for Dean to answer, but his command fell on deaf ears, as his brother had not returned to the hotel room. Quickly wrapping the towel around his waist he went to open the door. The incessant knocking alone was enough to clue him in whoever was there wasn’t going away.

Isabel eyed Sam quickly, lingering a little on the towel. But this was Isabel Evans, master of showing limited emotions. She quickly blocked out the thoughts of taking advantage of little Sammy and quickly regained her look of hostility. She pushed past Sam on her way into the room, “Where’s Dean?” She asked her voice clipped as she scanned the room for him.

“Whoa, you need to come back here.” Sam said trying to grab Isabel by the arm, while at the same time making sure his towel did not end up on the floor. He hadn’t been expecting any visitors so their hunting equipment was scattered about the room.

“Let go of me.” Isabel said trying to shove Sam off of her. “Where’s Dean.” She hissed again, she was rooted in her step because Sam was still holding on to her upper arm. He tried pulling her back towards the door but she wouldn’t budge.

Sam was determined not to let her into the room, while Isabel was just as determined to get in.

“He’s not in here.” Sam said as Isabel continued to fight against him. He wasn’t holding on to her tight enough to hurt her, just enough so she didn’t go further into the room.

“I don’t believe you.” Isabel said getting free of Sam’s hand and once again trying to make it further into the room. She was tired of this cat and mouse game they were playing. She knew Dean was in the room; Sam was obviously trying to stall her so that Dean could escape out the window or something. She could easily grill Sam for information, but she had a feeling Dean was the master mind behind their little operation.

“And I don’t care.” Sam said regaining control of her arm and dragging her back a few steps. He was annoyed; this is exactly the reason why he didn’t want to get involved with these girls. Clearly they were unstable and a lot of trouble. “You’re breaking and entering and you need to leave.”

“Ha.” Isabel spit out turning to face him. “You were Pre-Law; even you should know that it’s not breaking and entering if you let me in.” Her gaze hardened as she watched his reaction.

Sam looked at her stunned, he was so surprised by her last sentence he dropped her arm in the process. Had she really dug up information on him? How was that even possible when she didn’t have his last name? They had checked into the hotel under an alias, someone from one of Dean’s collection of mullet rock.

Isabel watched his expression, then she realized what she let slip. Under normal circumstances Isabel was a pro at not revealing what she knew. But she had just revealed she knew more about Sam Winchester then she should have.

The power of being able to dreamwalk, you could find information on anyone. She had stumbled into Sam’s dream out of sheer boredom the night before. He was the first person she dreamwalked in Merino. She was no a master of being able to distinguish people’s experiences from their wants. So she was surprised to see that repo man Sam had actually attended Stanford as a pre-law student.

That of course was all she saw before getting bored and traveling to a local’s dream. Had she stayed a little longer she might have found out more about who the Winchester brothers really were.

“How did you know that?” Sam asked breaking the silence of their stare down.

“I have to go.” Isabel said pushing past him as she tried to leave. She couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

Sam once again grabbed her arm to stop her. The situation was almost comical. Now she was determined to leave and he was determined to keep her there.

And that’s when Sam forgot he was wearing a towel. He had to get some answers and knew he had to use both hands to stop her…then it happened. Sam had succeeded in stopping Isabel, but now he stood in front of her completely naked.

Isabel suddenly stopped and took in the whole scene. For a split second the Ice Princess melted, and she liked what she saw.

As Sam saw the smile curl on Brandy’s lips he felt a breeze, he looked down and it was just as he had feared. His towel was puddled on the floor around his feet.

--

Liz hurried to the library praying that she’d make it before it closed. She had to get word to Kyle and quick. It was a good thing that it wasn’t that far from the motel. The little old librarian was just getting ready to close for the day, but Liz used her Parker charm and the little old lady decided it wouldn’t hurt to let this lovely young girl use the computer for 15 minutes.

Lucky for Liz the town’s computer repair man was not originally from Merino and had just fixed up the computer minutes before she arrived.

She didn’t have anytime to waste, so she logged into yahoo mail created a fake account and emailed Kyle. Liz typed furiously telling Kyle of how Max somehow found the cell phone number from the phone they used to call him earlier for help. She told him that he needed to delete everything from his computer that linked to her and Isabel being in Colorado. Instead he should start searching for tow trucks, hotels, etc. in lots of places like Seattle, Los Angeles, or wherever he thought they could get to by car in the amount of time since they left Roswell. She thanked him over and over and said she’d try to keep him out of this as much as possible but hoped that he’d help if they really needed it. Then she clicked send.

Having finished the task Liz thanked the librarian and started back to the motel. She wanted to get back to Isabel as soon as possible. When she left, she could have sworn that Isabel had a new alien power…death ray eyes. Then she chuckled to herself, Dean could handle Isabel. More importantly, Liz could really handle Dean.

As her mind wandered to thoughts of just how good looking Dean was and what it would be like to kiss him, she physically ran right into him.

“Hey why don’t you watch where…oh Shirley, sorry I didn’t see you there.” Dean said.

“Oh my bad, I was thinking and when my mind starts on something, you can forget it. I tune out the rest of the world.” Liz brightly smiled back at him. She found it funny that her stomach was doing flip flops, that hadn’t happened in a long time.

“So did you see Brandy by chance?” Liz questioned giving Dean a once over for any signs that Isabel had physically attacked him, or that’s the reason she was internally telling herself not because she was checking him out.

“No. Why, should I have seen her?” Dean replied clueless. He saw Shirley eyeing him up and down and resisted the comment that was on the tip of his tongue. Normally he wouldn’t hesitate to spit out ‘like what you see?’ but for some reason he held back.

“Well, never mind. So what are you doing out on the fair streets of Merino? And where’s Sam?” Liz wanted to stray away from the subject of anything that could lead to talking about Max, the girls had decided that if they were in a situation and compromising questions came up they would dodge it until they were together to prevent anything incriminating from slipping out.

“Oh he’s back at the motel taking a shower. I just needed to clear my head and think so I decided to take a walk after talking to you.” In reality Dean was trying to follow up a dead end lead on the case, but that wasn’t something he was going to share.

Dean wanted to talk more with Liz, she wasn’t like the other girls he had met over the years. He wanted to help her and doubted that whatever she was running away from was as bad as she and Brandy were making it out to be.

“So there’s a park right over there. Want to hang out for a little bit. It’s still too nice outside to be indoors.” God do I sound lame or what Dean thought, even Sam wouldn’t use that kind of line, and that really is saying something.

“Sure,” said Liz. And with that they walked silently to the park, each lost in their own thoughts.

Dean decided the break the silence first. “So how long until that beat up thing you call a car is fixed?” When he had looked at it the night before he could tell there was something wrong with the engine, something that even he couldn’t fix.

“A couple of weeks at best.” Liz answered and caught herself staring at him. What was it about this guy? Maybe it was because he is everything that Max isn’t.

“You and Brandy in college huh? My brother was for awhile then we got this repo gig and it keeps us pretty busy.”

“I bet you guys get to travel all over.” Liz made a mental note to inform “Brandy” that Sam and Dean were related. As much as she wanted to talk with Dean she was fishing for information, sometimes old habits really are hard to break.

“Yeah well you know the lure of the open road with nothing but the wind at your back. Man everything I’m saying lately sounds so lame!” Dean shook his head wondering where in the last two days he had lost his swagger. Here he was spouting off lines that could have been used in an 8th graders guide to picking up girls.

“No, I like it. You’re being honest Dean and I like that. I haven’t dealt with much honesty as of late. It’s refreshing.”

Then Liz shivered slightly, so Dean did the only thing he could and offered her his leather jacket. She politely refused but when she shivered again, Dean insisted that she wear it.

Then Liz did something she thought she’d never do…something completely out of character. But hell she thought, Isabel and I just picked up and left Roswell. My best friend is dead and everything is falling apart. It’s time to shake things up, time to get rid of the old Liz. And with that thought Liz leaned in and kissed Dean.

At first he wasn’t sure what was going on. He was talking to Shirley, just small talk. Then she was kissing him. It wasn’t bad, in fact it was so good he decided to kiss her back. Liz opened her mouth allowing him more access and then their tongues started dueling for control as Dean ran his hands through her hair.

Just when things were getting good, Liz had a vision. She saw Sam in trouble and Dean had some kind of weapon, but it didn’t look like a gun or anything that she could recognize. She suddenly pulled back from Dean, both of them gasping for air. Liz was shaken up, her visions normally only came when they pertained to people that she was close to. She didn’t know what to think about this latest development but knew she had to talk it over with Isabel.

“Wow,” was all Dean could say. Then all of a sudden Shirley said she was sorry and that she had to go. Go, he thought…this is just getting good!

“Well, wait. Let me at least walk you back to the motel.”

“Ok, I really should check on Brandy.”

Dean though that Shirley was embarrassed by their kiss so he didn’t think much of it when she wanted to leave. ‘Probably wants to tell her friend.’ He mused as they started walking. All the girls he met had a tendency of doing that, they were always running off to tell their friends something.

When they got back to the motel, Liz and Dean couldn’t believe their eyes. There in the doorway stood Isabel and Sam all dressed up in his birthday suit.

“Well well, what do we have hear my dear brother? Are Shirley and I interrupting anything? ‘Cuz we can always come back.” Dean said smugly. He leaves for a few minutes and Mr. ‘I don’t want to get involved with them’ was showing off his private areas to the same girl he didn’t want to get involved with.

“Dean!” Sam screamed as he reached for his towel to cover himself again. “There’s nothing going on.” Sam couldn’t have been any more mortified by the situation. Now not only had Brandy seen him without his clothes on, Shirley was also gawking at him.

“I don’t know Sam. You seemed awfully insistent that I come back inside,” Isabel giggled. Her normal Ice Princess-ness thrown out the window, and the whole reason she stopped by forgotten.

With that Sam slammed the motel door and ran to put some clothes on leaving the trio in silence. Then they all burst into laughter.

“So Dean is the offer of dinner still open?” Liz asked after she composed herself.

“Yeah, if I can get Sam to put some clothes on.”

“Ok, here’s your jacket. Give us 30 minutes and we’ll be ready to go. Ok Brandy?” Isabel took the hint, she knew that by Liz’s voice something was going on. If Liz wanted her to play nice then something big was up.

“Yeah, Dean. We’ll see you in 30 minutes,” replied Isabel. And with that the girls returned to their room.

--

“You do realize we are going to a diner, not a five star restaurant,” said Isabel from her bed as she watched Liz scramble around their room trying to get ready. Normally she would be the one trying to impress her “date”, but uncharacteristically she and Liz had switched places. Isabel had opted to stay in her jeans and t-shirt, while Liz tore apart the room looking for the best possible outfit. You would think with the limited clothes they did have there would be less of a disaster.

Liz ignored her and continued on her search for the perfect outfit. She herself didn’t know why she was making a big deal out of dinner with Dean. It wasn’t like she liked him or anything. And even if she did like him just a little bit, it wasn’t like it was a date or anything. She had only kissed him, and what did that really mean anyway.

“I think you like him.” Isabel said turning the pages in her magazine. “I think that it’s great you’re finally moving on from Max, but seriously with Dean?”

“There is not a ‘with Dean’.” Liz said, “And I don’t like him.” She added as an afterthought. She doubted Isabel believed that by the look she sent her.

Liz had to admit that had things been different she wouldn’t have hesitated to start something up with Dean. It wouldn’t be fair to him. She was a part of something so big that it couldn’t be talked about. He didn’t know her name or where she was from, anything. She couldn’t very well up and tell him either, it would lead to questions. Questions she wouldn’t be able to explain away. Plus he was a repo man, he probably had a normal life somewhere and the last thing she wanted to do was ruin that for him.

“If you don’t like him why are you dressing up for him?” Isabel asked almost laughingly at her. “Under most circumstances I’d say go for it, but you know you can’t get involved with someone right now, especially someone who you just met.”

Isabel went from joking to dead serious in a matter of seconds. It was one thing to joke around about Liz liking Dean; it was another to act on it. She should know, she paraded guys in and out of her life and it never ended well.

“I know.” Liz said shaking her head, she sounded almost disappointed. “Rule number 736 of the ‘I know an alien club’, never get attached.” She deadpanned the last part, it really wasn’t a rule, and they didn’t have official rules but most of the time it felt like that one was the biggest unspoken rule. And Perfect Liz Parker had broken it.
Come check out the Roswellian Chronicles Tribute Archive as well as all the fun at Champagne Wishes. We'll save you a seat and the drinks are on us!
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 8

Back in Roswell, Max and Michael were gearing up to hit the road. After the crazy phone call Max thought they were on to something and decided that a road trip to visit Kyle was in order. Max had hoped the phone call would have put him in direct contact with Liz or Isabel, but that wasn’t the case. Max knew that Kyle had some clue as to what was going on and he was going to find some answers. Kyle had avoided the last five calls from Maria, and wasn’t making an effort into getting in touch with them.

They were going to find answers. The best way to do that was to go in person. Without Alex’s computer hacking skills they were unable to hack into Kyle’s files from Roswell.

“Michael, come on let’s go. This is going to be a long drive and the longer it takes the more time the girls have to get away.”

“To bad we can’t teleport ourselves there.” Michael huffed as he was shoving his bag into the back seat of the car.

And with that the two aliens headed to Tennessee in the hopes of finding something that would lead them to Liz and Isabel.

----

“Come on Sammy we have to go! The girls are going to be waiting for us,” said Dean impatiently. He wouldn’t admit it out loud but he was a little nervous about having dinner with Liz.

“Gees Dean do we really have to do this? I mean come on. I still say this isn’t a good idea.” Sam replied he was not looking forward to dinner in the slightest; after all he had exposed himself to both Brandy and Shirley mere hours early.

“Well I can see how you might be a little hesitant but come on, bro. I know for a fact that Brandy definitely liked what she saw and I’m making some headway with Liz, I mean Shirley,” he chuckled.

This can’t be good Sam thought to himself. Something just didn’t seem right about the way Dean was acting. He was your typical love ‘em and leave ‘em kinda guy…you know like a sailor with a gal in every port. But every time this Shirley/Liz whatever her name is was mentioned Dean just had this look in his eye.

Reluctantly Sam grabbed his coat and the two headed out the door to pick up their “dates” for the evening.

------

After a short walk the group made its way to the greasy diner the boys ate at earlier.

“This looks really promising,” sneered Isabel, she was reluctant to come to the diner in the first place. She didn’t trust Dean, she knew that he was hiding something, and she still hadn’t forgotten that Dean was in contact with Max.

“Oh Brandy, what did we talk about earlier…you have to give things a chance.”

“Alright L..let’s go in and see how the local cuisine of Merino is,” said Isabel as she mentally scolded herself for almost calling Liz by her real name. This is going to be one long evening she thought.

They walked in and sat down at an empty booth unconsciously grabbing the menus. Small talk just didn’t seem to come easy. Just then Cindy, the waitress the boys met earlier came over.

“So glad to see you came back. Couldn’t resist the food, huh? Do you need some time or do you all know what you want?”

Liz sized the waitress up and she wasn’t very impressed. Good thing this place wasn’t busy. Cindy would never survive at the Crashdown. All the same, Liz thought she was nice enough and ironically one of just a few people still in town. Liz was brought out of her thoughts by everyone ordering and then she did too.

“So…” Dean started. If they didn’t find something to talk about and soon, it was going to be a really long night.

“So, Dean, Sam, I bet you guys have some fun repo stories you could tell us,” said Liz hoping to finally break the ice and this awkward silence. She also wanted to steer the conversation away from Isabel and her situation, they had a cover story but going into great details could blow their cover.

“Well, what’s there to tell? People don’t pay their bills, the boss sends us out and we take the car or whatever back,” said Sam, not wanting to give too much information.

“Oh come on, I bet that some people will do just about anything to try and stop you,” responded Isabel, she was digging for information without making it obvious. She also wanted to keep Sam’s mind off her earlier slip up.

The guys looked at each other trying to come up with something so that they didn’t blow their cover. And luckily Cindy came back with their drinks so they had a few more minutes to think up something to pacify the girls.

“Once there was this big guy in Texas. Remember him Sammy? He thought he was going to be all macho…him and his hunting rifle.”

Sam picked up the story from there just like it had really happened. They did this all through dinner and the time just flew by. They had the girls laughing so hard and in fact both Dean and Sam were having a good time as well, previous events and suspicions vanished for the moment.

Then the tide turned, as Isabel accidentally on purpose brought up the scene that had unfolded before with Sam and the towel. She was trying to gauge his reaction on if he knew she knew something about his past, while also having a little fun at Sam’s expense.

“You know Sam, I never did apologize for what happened earlier,” she said.

“Oh you seemed really sorry Brandy. In fact if I remember correctly you had a huge grin on your face,” chuckled Dean. He loved putting his brother on the spot, but as far as he was concerned he was the only one allowed to do that. So he decided to turn the tables on Brandy.

Isabel’s face turned immediately red, and for once the ice princess of Roswell High couldn’t think of a comeback. She turned and glared at Dean, she didn’t particularly like him and here he was mocking her.

“Ok, so we all agree that Sam is one good looking man, but at least he knows he’s not Batman,” joked Liz trying to keep this from becoming disastrous. She felt just as protective of Isabel as Dean was of his brother.

“Ok. Truce,” said Dean, “I know when I’ve been outsmarted.” He laughed, lightening the mood.

“So we’ve monopolized the conversation all night. You girls haven’t told us anything about you,” said Sam, he followed Liz’s lead and tried to steer the conversation back to where it had previously been. He wanted the spotlight off of himself, but he also knew that the whole purpose of the dinner was to gain information about Liz and Isabel.

“Well, there really isn’t much to tell is there, Shirley,” Isabel said looking at Liz, waiting for Liz to jump in with the story they had rehearsed earlier.

“We just really needed a break from school and a road trip just seemed like the thing to do. Classes just sucked and our boyfriends were taking us for granted. So I called Brandy up and we just jumped in the car and took off. Wanted to see where the road of life would take us. Kinda dumb that I didn’t have our car checked first.”

“To be honest I’m surprised your car made it as far as it did, Shirley. And you both were lucky that we came along,” said Dean, not buying their excuse but he wasn’t stupid enough to say anything while the girls were together, they would cover for each other and it would only lead to them getting defensive and then they wouldn’t figure anything out.

“Yeah, I don’t know if we properly thanked you guys for that,” said Brandy trying to join the conversation to keep up their cover.

Then Liz and Dean both reached for the ketchup at the same time. Innocent enough, but the next thing Liz knew she was drawn back into the vision she had earlier of Dean and Sam. This time she saw a little bit more, but it was really hazy. It was definitely Dean with a gun saving Sam from something that looked like a ghost. But it couldn’t be. There’s no such thing as ghosts Liz mused.

Isabel could tell something was wrong when Liz pulled back from touching Dean like he was literally on fire. So she politely excused herself to find the ladies room and asked Liz to go with her.

This of course earned a reply from Dean about girls traveling to the bathroom in packs.

Once the girls left, Sam and Dean discussed their cover story some more. They were going to need it. The girls were going to be in town at least as long as they were. So they knew they would constantly be running into each other in the great metropolis of Merino.

They were no sooner in the ladies room then Isabel blurted out, “What the hell was that Liz? And don’t tell me nothing. I can tell when you’re having a vision, remember, I’m Czechoslovakian. You just didn’t pull away from Dean because you like him. Now spill!”

“Alright Isabel calm down. I was going to tell you tonight after dinner, but then I had another one.”

“What! This happened earlier?”

“Yeah,” Liz replied sheepishly, “earlier when I went to email Kyle, I ran into Dean and we took a walk in the park.”

“Ok so you took a walk in the park. I thought you had to be touching something or someone to get a vision.”

“Well…I …ah”

“Liz, you ah what? You better start talking. ‘No powers’ was one of your rules. Not mine.”

“Iz, it’s not like I can control it. And you broke that rule our first night here! Now let me finish before you just jump in. I was talking to Dean and we seemed to be connecting. It was nothing but small talk but it was nice. He listened to me and seemed interested in what I had to say, not like Max. Then I got cold, he gave me his jacket.”

“Oh, so that’s all.”

Liz debated if she should correct Isabel. Was it really her business if she kissed Dean? Then Liz thought about everything that happened over the last few years…all the lies and secrets and that led to the death of her best friend Alex. And then she just blurted it out, “no that’s not all. I kissed him. OK! I kissed him and I liked it. And if I get the chance, I’m going to do it again!”

Isabel didn’t know what to say or do. She was in shock! First she had to deal with Alex dying, then her asshole brother just doesn’t know when to quit, and then she runs off with Liz. That was certainly enough to shock anyone, but now here was Liz ‘Ms. Perfect’ Parker yelling at her about kissing a guy she doesn’t know and telling Isabel that she’d do it again.

“Ok Liz, we can deal with *that* later. What did you see?” Isabel asked, she wanted to grill Liz for more information about Dean, but knew they had a more pressing issue if Liz was having visions.

Liz calmed down enough and tried to piece together what she saw so she could explain it to Isabel. Damn she just couldn’t control this power yet, the visions she got ended up in a jumbled mess where she was only able to pick out a few details.

“It was Sam and he was in some sort of trouble. Dean was coming to rescue him and he had a gun. But here’s the strange part Iz, there was something else in there with them. It looked like a ghost, but come on. There is no such thing as a ghost.”

“Uh, Liz, you thought there was no such thing as aliens either. And then one saved your life. Can’t you see that anything is possible? After all we’ve seen and been through? Maybe it’s related to the strange thing that’s happening here in town.”

“Isabel, we better go back before they think something is wrong or they suspect something. We can try and sort this all out back at the hotel. But maybe I should try and get another vision before that. Maybe I’ll see something else…like where or when?”

“Sure Liz all in the interest of trying to save someone’s life,” Isabel smirked, “I just hope you know what you’re doing. Dean is a virtual stranger and a stranger with a gun to boot. So…what do you want me to do?”

“Try and get Sam alone. And when you do that see what other information you can get out of him. Maybe it’s just the person whose car their trying to repossess. Who knows. Turn on the Isabel Evans charm,” smiled Liz. And with that the girls returned to the table.

The group decided against dessert and the guys insisted on picking up the check, with cash seeing as how it would be hard to explain away a fake name on the credit cards. So it was back to the fair streets of Merino for the rest of the evening. They walked around town well past dark.

It seemed that Dean had the same idea as Liz, and gave his brother the signal meaning it was time to put their plan into action. It wasn’t a good plan by any stretch of the imagination, but Sam made some excuse about wanting to go back to the motel and that he needed Isabel’s help with something on the computer.

Isabel didn’t tell Sam she couldn’t work a computer if her life depended on it, she was computer illiterate, but she jumped at the chance to find out more information about Sam and Dean and the ghost in Liz’s vision.

All in the name of saving lives Isabel thought to herself and agreed to leave Dean and Liz alone while she accompanied Sam back to the motel.

“So it’s still a nice night huh?” Liz asked.

“Yeah. It is. So where were we earlier in our conversation?”

“I think we were talking about your job and how jealous I was that you had that kind of free lifestyle,” said Liz moving closer to Dean on the park bench.

“I seem to remember something else,” he said as he touched her hair.

And with that Dean decide that all bets were off and he kissed her. It was just as good as the first one and before he knew it they were both holding onto each other, touching each other like their lives depended on it. Damn there was something about this girl!

They both came up for air, staring into each others’ eyes.

“Dean, I don’t know what’s come over me,” she said breathlessly wanting more.

“Liz..I,” and as soon as he said it, Dean knew he was in trouble.

--

Max broke every speed limit in the vicinity from Roswell to Knoxville. He didn’t have time to waste in bringing his sister and Liz back from wherever they were.

“We’re here.” Max said, nudging Michael out of his slumber, they were parked in a lot near Kyle’s dorm room. Neither was sure exactly where Kyle’s room was located in the building, since they had never been to visit Kyle before. Kyle was dead to Max, if he wanted to cut off ties then there was no reason to be distracted by his presence.

Max pulled out a few sheets of paper, including Kyle’s class schedule and football practice times, complements of Maureen in student services. He could manipulate anyone into giving him what he needed, at that thought he smiled a little.

“So from what I can tell Kyle has a biology lab for the next hour. We go in, get information and then leave.” Max said to Michael who nodded obediently.

They planned on searching through Kyle’s things when Kyle wasn’t around, to gain access to anything Kyle might dispose of. Then they would come back later and pretend like they just arrived and question Kyle, on the off chance Kyle might be willing to sell out Isabel and Liz. And if he wasn’t he knew that they came and might try to call the girls and warn them.

“We look like something out of mission impossible.” Michael said referring to the black outfits they had on, the type an amateur would wear to a bank robbery.

“Tess picked them out for us to blend in.” Max said, not really wanting to talk about clothes as he surveyed the room numbers.

“Max we are on a college campus. I think that if we wore a t shirt and jeans would have been okay….”

“Here it is.” Max said triumphantly as they reached Kyle’s door

“There’s no doubt whose room this is.” Michael remarked, seeing Kyle’s name at the top of one of the boards. The message board on the door as filled with messages from girls named Brittany and Jessica declaring their love for him, and guys who wrote about the latest football game.

“Make sure no ones coming.” Max said as he placed his hand up to the door knob releasing the lock.

The door clicked as it unlocked and Max swiftly pushed the door open dragging Michael in with him.

Michael immediately went over to Kyle’s laptop while Max looked through the drawers.

“He erased his memory log.” Michael remarked, and continued to click away on the computer.

“They must have tipped him off.” Max said looking for any clue he could find.

“He didn’t erase his cookies.” Michael said bringing up a list of the websites Kyle had been on since he purchased his computer.

Max went and stood beside Michael handing him the flash drive. “Put the files on here we’ll go through them later.”

Michael finished uploading the from the laptop and shut the computer off.

“What are you doing here?” Kyle thundered looking at Max and Michael.

Thanks for the feedback guys! We really enjoy reading all of them, and generally try to focus our next chapter on what the majority wants to see. So the best way to see what you want is to post feedback! Wait, that's not a bribe, you should leave it because you like the story! So we hope you liked the last part, and we'll have an update for you soon!
thetvgeneral
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: my own little world...but it's ok...they know me here.

Post by thetvgeneral »

Hi all you wonderful feedbackers and lurkers! We're back with the next part. There's a lot going on, but Meagan and I hope that you enjoy it. As always please let us know what you think. So without further ado....

Part 9

“I said what the hell do you think you’re doing!” screamed Kyle. “You both better answer me!” Kyle stepped further into the room slamming the door behind him. He was extremely popular on campus and didn’t want anyone to stop by and overhear the conversation that was about to take place.

“Please Kyle, you’re trying my patience. You know I can knock you out without even breaking a sweat. So just calm down,” said Michael not looking impressed at Kyle’s tough guy impersonation, arms crossed in front of him with a glare set on his face.

Kyle was furious and he didn’t care what he said or did at this point, he’d be willing to even tip the FBI off on Max and Michael if he was sure it wouldn’t lead them to the others. He knew he had to protect Liz and Isabel. He promised them, plus it was fun trying to take “the All High and Mighty King Max” down a few pegs.

“I asked you both a question and I demand that you answer me,” said Kyle through clenched teeth as he stepped nose to nose with Michael. “I don’t care if you blast me or not. I’m not part of your stupid alien group anymore and I don’t answer to you or to that sorry excuse for an alien king,” he said pointing to where Max was standing.

“And while we’re at it…what the hell are you two wearing? Planning on going to watch a “Mission Impossible” marathon or something,” Kyle added as an after though as he took in Max and Michael’s appearances. He chuckled. Granted this was not the time to be laughing but the hilarity of the situation was getting to him, this might be fun after all he thought to himself.

“Look Kyle just tell us what we want to know and we’ll leave I promise. Then you can get back to what you call a life,” prodded Max. “Where are Liz and my sister? And before you try to deny it, I know you had some kind of contact with them.”

Kyle looked between Max and Michael and debated on how to create a convincing lie.

---

“Oh come on. I said I was sorry. Please Liz wait up!” yelled Dean. Damn for a small girl she sure can run fast and boy am I out of shape he thought. Hunting just didn’t leave time to hit the gym since they were always on the road and the food choices weren’t always the best.

Dean poured on the steam and finally caught up with her. Thank goodness…who knows what’s going to happen when Liz talks to Brandy. He had to try and clear this up now, before Liz walked right out of his life.

He grabbed her by the arm. “Would you please wait a minute. I said I can explain. Just let me, please.”

Liz wasn’t sure what to do. She replayed the last 10 minutes in her mind. They left the diner. Isabel left with Dean’s brother and the two of them continued to the park to talk. But talking lead to kissing and then…then he called her by her real name. How could he know that? She needed to find Isabel and warn her. Then all her fears came back. Max had found them and Liz just played right into his and Dean’s hand.

“How could I be so stupid?” she screamed at him, her anger apparent. She was vaguely aware that the two of them were creating a spectacle of themselves in the middle of the street, but she didn’t really care.

“Woah…wait…hold the phone. No one said you were stupid,” he said not releasing his grip on her. He was just getting his breath back…he didn’t need her to take off running again.

“Well then, how did Max convince you to find me? I certainly hope he’s paying you well, because you and your brother, if he is your brother, are going to have to drag Isabel and I all the way back to Roswell kicking and screaming!”

“Max? Who the hell is Max? And Sam is my brother. Damn woman! Just let me talk!”

“Woman! Woman! How dare you!” She tried to pull her arm away from him to continue running, but Dean had other ideas in mind.

It was then he decided that this was the only way she was going to let him explain. So he leaned in and kissed her with all the passion he could muster. God she was beautiful when she was angry!

-----

“So Brandy what’s your major?” Sam asked trying to make small talk and keep the short walk from the diner from being so awkward, it was hard since they didn’t really trust one another, and ultimately they were only together to dig dirt up on one another. No matter how much sexual tension was there.

“Uh business management. It’s boring. My dad said it was the only way that he’d pay for college.” Isabel supplied. She hadn’t been to college at all; her attempts had quickly been put on hold when Max got wind of it. She could have settled for community college but decided against it because it wasn’t like Max was going to let her get a job anyways.

“Yeah, my dad wanted me to join the family business and I fought it as long as I could.” Sam added, he didn’t want to spend his life hunting things. He wanted to be normal, but once again he found out a Winchester can’t be normal when the yellow eyed demon killed his girlfriend.

“Oh so your dad is in the repo business too?” Isabel asked, wondering why his father wanted him to leave law school in order to be a repo man. It sounded stupid to her but she shrugged. To the outside world in Roswell she didn’t go to school because “family issues” so she understood that things aren’t always what they seem.

“Yeah,” Sam quickly covered. Boy Dean is going to owe me for this one he thought.

“Well, here we are,” she said as they came to a stop in front of his motel room.

“Ok.. Just give me a minute to get my laptop.” Sam said leading them into the room and proceeding to the desk.

Isabel scanned the room looking for any kind of clue that might tell her what was really going on with Sam and Dean. At first when she had dreamwalked Sam and then confronted him earlier that day, she was more than willing to let everything go. She and Liz weren’t being truthful and it really wasn’t hurting anyone, so if the brothers weren’t hurting anyone she didn’t care how many lies they told, that was their business, as long as they weren’t FBI or working with Max she didn’t care.

Sam sat down at the small table in their motel room with his laptop and booted it up motioning for Isabel to join him. As she walked across the room to sit down, a strange noise began emanating from one of the bags by the bed. The noise was barely detectable at first, but just as Isabel was directly beside the bag, the noise got very loud.

Sam looked at her and then the bag…and slowly reached under the table until he felt his gun.

Isabel wasn’t sure what the noise was, but the fact that it got louder as she got closer to where it was coming from definitely made her nervous. She turned her back on Sam trying to figure out what was going on. Maybe it was her alien sixth sense or maybe it was all those years of Max drilling his own paranoia into her, but she turned around palm raised only to find that Sam had a gun trained on her.

---

Max was sitting at Kyle’s desk looking through the files hoping to find some clue.

“Kyle, I know that the girls called you. Why don’t you just make this easier and tell me what I want to know,” Max calmly stated as he watched Kyle trying to come up with an excuse.

“I told you, King Paranoia, I haven’t heard from them.” Kyle said as he grabbed the files out of Max’s hand. “And I don’t appreciate you going through my things.” He added turning around and dropping the files on his bed.

“Kyle, we know you’re lying. I got a hold of your phone records,” countered Michael, being careful that he didn’t lay all his cards on the table. He didn’t want Kyle to find a way to keep him from gaining future access to the records.

“Oh boy! Michael figured out what end of the computer to plug into the wall. Wonders never cease!” Kyle spat turning his attention away from where Max was sitting and on to Michael. He knew Max had tapped into his phone account the email that Liz had since had told him as much.

Michael raised his hand and a small burst of energy pushed Kyle up against the wall. He wasn’t one to control his temper and right now Kyle was on his last nerve.

“Michael, put him down. NOW!” yelled Max. And with that Kyle fell to the floor. Michael didn’t care to put him down gently, after all Kyle was nothing but a pest to him anyways.

“Please Kyle. I don’t want to have to do this. I never wanted to do any of this. Why can’t you humans just do what you’re told,” Max stated calmly. “Michael, let’s go. We’ve got his computer files. We’ll find them ourselves. And Kyle if I find that you warned Liz and Isabel in any way, I’ll be back for another visit. And you really won’t like it.”

With that Max and Michael left the room and a somewhat bruised Kyle lying on the floor.

----

“What the hell did you do that for?” asked Liz breathlessly. She wasn’t really thinking coherently after the hottest kiss of her life.

“I had to get you to shut up somehow,” Dean smirked. “Now are you going to listen to me?”

“You have five minutes, Dean. You better talk fast.” Liz said gaining some composure.

“When we stopped to help you two, I called in a favor and had your license plate run. It turned up that the Chaves County Sheriff’s Department is looking for a one Elizabeth Parker for questioning in the suicide of an Alexander Whitman. Then there’s Brandy. I’m sure that’s not her name. You both have almost slipped quite a few times. I figured that if you and your friend needed help that you’d ask. And I’ve given you so many chances to ask. Please, tell me what you’re running from. I’m sure that my brother and I can help you.”

Liz was vaguely aware that Dean confirmed her suspicions about being wanted by the police, she expected as much since Max had the Sheriff in his pocket.

He seemed sincere to Liz, but she still had to be cautious, after all she had met many people who could talk their way out of situations and then turned on her. “I’m going to have to talk to…” she hesitated, “I’m going to have to talk to Isabel first. This is better done by both of us.”

“Thank you, Liz.”

“Umm, one more thing.”

“Yeah?”

“Do you think you could let go now, Dean?”

“Oh sorry. Let’s head back to the hotel.”

---

“Sam, what are you doing,” Isabel said not willing to lower her hand.

“Just what the hell are you?” Sam asked keeping the gun trained on her.

“What do you mean? It’s me Brandy,” she said, looking at him like he’d lost his mind. She knew how to play clueless, she wasn’t positive that Sam knew she was an alien and she didn’t want to confirm his suspicions.

“I don’t think so. You can’t be human.” Sam added, mentally trying to decide on what supernatural being she was.

“Hell-o genius. I’m standing right here in front of you as human as can be,” she said as she slowly moved towards him hoping that he’d lower his gun.

“Don’t move. I don’t know what you are but it sure isn’t human lady!”

Just then Dean and Liz walked in the door and they couldn’t believe the scene in front of them.

“Sam, what the hell are you doing?” asked Dean. “Put that gun down!”

“Isabel, are you ok?” asked Liz.

The stalemate continued as neither Sam nor Isabel lowered their “weapons.”

“Shirley, are you crazy!” Isabel screamed turning her head to Liz while keeping her hand pointed at Sam. She couldn’t believe that Liz had called her by her real name.

“Dean, she…she set off the EMF meter. I told you they were trouble. They must be part of it.”

The four looked at each other. Neither one willing to budge and the situation was getting out of control fast.

---

“Max, why are we leaving? You said so yourself that he knows something,” said Michael.

“All in good time, Michael. You were always the impatient one. I had time to bug his phone and when you copied the files from his computer, it downloaded a program that will let us monitor it. So you see, he’ll help us whether he wants to or not.”

The two walked to the car and headed for home. “In fact, Michael, I’m guessing that Kyle will be helping us a lot sooner than we think. Do you really think that he was going to let us waltz in there, do what we did, and then not let Liz know what happened?”

“So you meant for him to catch us. Good plan.” The two of the pulled out of the parking lot and headed for the nearest place with Wi-Fi, it couldn’t hurt to check Kyle’s computer files while they waited for him to make contact with Liz and Isabel.

---

“Dean, do something. I told you in the park that I had to talk to Isabel. That we both should tell you what’s going on. I meant that. If you don’t trust me, trust your feelings for me. That should count for something,” begged Liz. She really didn’t want for them to learn about the Czechoslovakian thing because Isabel had to defend herself from Sam. That would make more of a mess than this needed to be. For some reason she trusted Dean with her secret, but she knew Isabel would not sit around long feeling threatened before she took action.

“Sammy, I’m your brother. I’d never do anything to hurt you directly or indirectly. Trust me. Put the gun down. Then we can sort this all out,” said Dean. “Come on bro. There’s more here than meets the eye, but if you go shooting that thing, we may not find the answer.” Dean and Sam’s situation’s had reversed, normally it was Dean who was irrational and wouldn’t have hesitated to pull the trigger on Isabel; she had set the EMF meter off after all.

“Isabel, put your hand down. I have this under control,” Liz said with a slight giggle. She knew she shouldn’t be laughing, but she and Isabel both understood that Isabel could and would take control of this situation if Sam didn’t lower the gun soon. And really all Sam could see was that Isabel was going to defend herself with just the wave of her hand. The more she thought about this and how it looked to an outsider of the alien club, the funnier it seemed. Then she started full on laughing and couldn’t stop.

It seemed for some reason that the laughter then became contagious because of the situation. Isabel started, then Dean and finally Sam. He didn’t let go of the gun, but he did point it to the ground.

“Ok people. It seems we all need to sit down and lay our cards on the table,” said Dean trying to take control of the situation. Isabel looked towards Liz and when she saw her nod her head she trusted her. Sam did the same to his brother.

And with that all four sat at the table in the motel room.

---

Isabella paced nervously in her cave just outside of town.

“Soon I will get my revenge on the townspeople of Merino. Twenty years is so long to wait.”

Then she heard something or someone at the mouth of the cave.

“WHO DARES TO DISTURB ME!”

Just then the mysterious figure who had been watching the Winchester Brothers appeared.

“I’m…I’m sorry to disturb y..you, mistress. But there is something that I…I…I have to tell you.”

“Well don’t just stand there! Out with it before I decide I no longer need your help and your whole family will be mine.”

The man trembled and finally found his voice. “There are strangers in town. And…and at first it seemed normal. Two girls…um…their car broke down. But then there were these two men…and…ah…they’ve been asking questions. I…I followed them around town. They were looking at old…old newspaper clippings and then they went to…to town hall.”

“FOOLS! I want you to go back and find out who those two are. I’m too close to the time of my revenge for anyone to interfere. NOW GO! Before I change my mind and start my rampage now!”

With that the man ran from the cave as fast as he possibly could.

Isabella had waited far too long to get revenge, her mission wouldn’t stop until every last founding family in Merino was gone. They had to pay for what they did to her, she wouldn’t rest until they got what they deserved.

---

“Ok Liz. This is your show. I think you have some explaining to do,” said Dean breaking the uncomfortable silence.

Liz looked at Isabel, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath.

“Alright. I said I’d tell you the truth, but you can’t interrupt me for any reason.”

Sam and Dean nodded so Liz continued.

“I guess the best place to start would be back in September 1999. See I was shot and Isabel’s brother Max came over to me and healed me. I know it sounds strange and at first I didn’t know what to think. Then after talking to him, he told me the deepest darkest secret that anyone could ever have to hide. He is an alien.”

Just then the brother scoffed and tried to stifle their laughter. They exchanged knowing glances…aliens. Yeah right! Liz glared at them and they stopped so she could continue.

“I know this sounds crazy. Hell it did to me at first, but then Max showed me his powers. And then I found out that Isabel and their friend Michael, as well as Tess a fourth alien who later showed up in Roswell, were all part of the ’47 Crash. They’re alien-human hybrids who were reincarnated and sent here to Earth. There’s too much to tell between then and now that really matters to what’s going on here, but a few weeks ago our good friend and Isabel’s boyfriend Alex died. It was ruled a suicide, but I didn’t believe it. And Max, don’t get me started on Max! He’s just so controlling and we couldn’t take it anymore. So we decided to take off…and then you know the rest of the story because you found us on the side of the road.”

Isabel kept fidgeting with the hem of her shirt. It was one thing to let Liz, Alex, Maria, Kyle, Sean and Valenti in on the *big secret*, but this was certainly another. They hardly knew Sam and Dean, but she trusted Liz and Liz’s new found power. She just kept telling herself that it would all work out ok. If not she could always use her powers on them and she and Liz could take off to another town.

Liz sat there waiting for someone to say something…anything. “Well?”

“Come on Liz tell us the truth,” smirked Dean. “I mean really aliens?”

“Hang on a second, Dean. We’ve seen too many things. I mean I guess aliens could be real. And that would explain why the EMF meter picked up something different about Bran…I mean Isabel. Hey what kind of powers do you guys have?”

Isabel touched Sam’s shirt and changed it to bright pink and then back to its original color. Both boys looked at her and then each other dumbfounded.

“We can do simple molecular manipulation and I can dreamwalk. Max can heal, Michael can powerblast and Tess can mindwarp,” said Isabel and she blushed as she issued this statement, “that’s how I knew about you and pre-law at Stanford.”

“Wait there’s one more thing,” interrupted Liz, “there was a side effect to Max healing me. I have visions. So far they’re only visions of the future. And this now leads me to what I’m going to ask you next. We’ve come clean…and now it’s your turn guys. I mean you maybe repo men, but I know you’re not telling us the whole truth. So out with it.”

The brothers stared at each other. This was a lot to take in…vampires, ghosts, wendigos sure they could handle that, but to know that aliens were real and that the old joke about them being in Roswell was true…was certainly something completely different.

Dean took the lead. “We’re hunters. I mean we hunt down demons, vampires, evil spirits, you know the things that go bump in the night that most people don’t believe in. Well I guess you guys understand. I mean aliens for god’s sake. I never saw that coming!”

“So you see Isabel, you set off the EMF meter and we’re here on a hunt. So I jumped to conclusions. Sorry,” said Sam.

“Wait a minute! What are you guys hunting? I had a vision and it’s not good!” said Liz.

“Well, at first we thought it was an Empusa. But after doing some research, we’re not entirely sure. All we know for sure is that every 20 years entire families are disappearing from this small town. What did you see?” said Dean.

“It was all kinda fuzzy and I still don’t have a handle on this. It’s happened twice so far. But both times I saw you in trouble Sam and it looked like Dean coming to help you. Oh and Dean you had a gun.”

“Oh so Sammy’s in trouble *again*. It must be a day that ends in *y*,” countered Dean.

Just then Sam kicked him very hard under the table and the girls looked at each other not sure what to make of these two.

“If you two are finished for the moment, Liz did see something else when we were at the diner,” said Isabel as if she were talking to two kindergarteners instead of grown men.

“Sorry ladies. We do this a lot. You’ll get used to it. Go ahead Liz.”

“Well, there wasn’t much more. I saw some sort of transparent being…a ghost maybe? I don’t know. I couldn’t tell what time of day it was or even when it was happening. So I really don’t know how much help I’m going to be.”

“That’s ok Liz, at least we have something to work with. And maybe we can work together on this. Hey I have one more question. Who’s the bozo that called my cell phone from Roswell?”
Come check out the Roswellian Chronicles Tribute Archive as well as all the fun at Champagne Wishes. We'll save you a seat and the drinks are on us!