Musicals?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

I loved, loved, LOVED seeing Cats. Aside from Carmen, it's one of the only musicals I've seen live (okay, Carmen is an opera, but there was singing), and I thought it was just amazing. I still remember most of the songs from it. :)

Ah, memories...
Jessibelle47
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jessibelle47 »

Fehr'sBear wrote:WICKED is the all-time best musical ever. :D At least I think so.
I completely agree. I had never been to a musical but when I went to see Wicked I fell in love with the musical.
A drop in the ocean,
A change in the weather,
I was praying that you and me might end up together.
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,
But I'm holding you closer than most,
'Cause you are my heaven.

A Drop In The Ocean: Ron Pope
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

I agree! There's nothing compared to seeing it on the stage. I absolutely love acting of any kind (including musicals), and did drama for the four years I was in high school along with all the stuff when I was little.

However, when my school went to New York City for our Senior Class Trip, we got to see Phantom on Broadway. It was the first time I had ever seen it, and I fell in love! I got to sit in the center of the second row and when *it* fell from the ceiling, I about died!

I could only imagine what it would be like to actually be in it, but (sadly) I'm not musically inclined, so to speak. I'm better at the acting thena the singing! :wink:

Whether you like the movie better or not, you must see it on stage at least once in your lifetime if you get the chance! Spell-binding!

Ashley
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

However, when my school went to New York City for our Senior Class Trip, we got to see Phantom on Broadway. It was the first time I had ever seen it, and I fell in love! I got to sit in the center of the second row and when *it* fell from the ceiling, I about died!
I sat in about the same spot you did, and *it* had me ducking! And then the way the lights flashed and music started! So much fun to be right there.

I agree; the movie's brilliant, but nothing compares to it onstage. It's just..... breathtaking.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

I know what you mean! I was as far down as I could get in my seat and someone else behind me was screaming!

It truly is breathtaking... I don't say that about many things but it truly was.

Ashley
Chione
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Chione »

I'm a musical theatre dork, I perform in a lot of musicals, and take voice lessons, etc. I listen to almost any musical I can get my hands on, I have Guys and Dolls, Weird Romance, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Hairspray, The Last 5 Years, Light in the Piazza, Aida, Avenue Q, Babes In Arms, Carousel, Candide, Chicago, Children of Eden, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Do Re Mi, Fame, Phantom, Les Miserables, Rent, Wicked, Jane Eyre, Jesus Christ Superstar, Kiss Me Kate, Once on This Island, Spamalot, Song & Dance, Into the Woods, The Lion King, The Secret Garden, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Annie, and many more.

I've also seen a bunch on stage, pretty much everything that's on Broadway right now, I've seen, and then some of the older ones like Cats and Les Mis.

And next year, I'm going to NYU, so I'll be right in the middle of the musical theatre world. :D
<center>My Stories
</center>
Behrystrwbry
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrystrwbry »

Chione wrote:I'm a musical theatre dork, I perform in a lot of musicals, and take voice lessons, etc. I listen to almost any musical I can get my hands on, I have Guys and Dolls, Weird Romance, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Hairspray, The Last 5 Years, Light in the Piazza, Aida, Avenue Q, Babes In Arms, Carousel, Candide, Chicago, Children of Eden, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Do Re Mi, Fame, Phantom, Les Miserables, Rent, Wicked, Jane Eyre, Jesus Christ Superstar, Kiss Me Kate, Once on This Island, Spamalot, Song & Dance, Into the Woods, The Lion King, The Secret Garden, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Annie, and many more.
That's quite a list. There's a musical version of Jane Eyre?

I must agree with whoever said Wicked, was a great musical. That and Aida are two of my faves
I spy with my little eye something that starts with B.
Chione
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Chione »

There is indeed a musical version of Jane Eyre. You'd be amazed how many obscure musicals there are out there.

Oh, and just FYI, they're renewing The Most Happy Fella on Broadway this year. Great musical, an old one though.
<center>My Stories
</center>
Flamehair
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Flamehair »

I just love musicals. I've seen Cats about 10 times, the Phantom of the opera, Starlight Express, Rocky Horror picture show , my fair lady, Miss Saigon, les Miserables, Fame and some more. Seems I can't even remember all :lol: And I do have some of the notes for the piano and like to play them and sing the songs :wink:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

So I take it that this is the right thread to say that I've never seen the movie Grease? :lol: