Crossing Distance (Adult/CC/UC) 2 needed...Started

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

LIZ~

" Can I get some service around here? Some people have better things to do then stand around idly gossiping.”Tess says and I can't help but roll my eyes, "That's right, I'm sure you've got plenty of guys that you need to try to seduce since you're obviously not having any luck with mine. Hey, why don't we call Kyle, I'm sure if you use those special," I glance over at Lexi and modify my words, " talents of yours on him, you could probably force him into bed."

I smile sweetly at the bitch and turn to face Lexi, "We'll talk after work." I tell her, noting her shocked expression. That's right ladies and gentlemen, Liz Parker is capable of saying cuss words. Shocking huh?

I walk over to Isabel and slide into the booth opposite her, "God I hate her." I mumble into my hands, "Do you think it would be too much to ask for Michael to blow her up?" I ask hopefully.

Who am I kidding? Tess is one of them. Isabel is way more loyal to her than she'd ever be to me. Hell, she doesn't even like me. "Sorry," I say immeadiatly, slipping back into perfect mode, "That was inconsiderate of me. Tess is your friend."

I stand back up, my smile firmly back in place, "Can I get you anything else Iz?"
Last edited by Zanssoulmate08 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

TESS

"That's right, I'm sure you've got plenty of guys that you need to try to seduce since you're obviously not having any luck with mine. Hey, why don't we call Kyle, I'm sure if you use those special…talents of yours on him, you could probably force him into bed."

“Oh my. Someone has issues.” I murmur as I pass my bill over to Alexandria while trying not to smirk and snigger at Little Miss. Bland. My God, just when you think that Liz Parker could not be anymore pathetic, she sinks to a whole new level. I mean, you’ve got to be pretty pathetic to take back a guy who cheats on you but you’ve gotta be one sick puppy to then try and blame everything on the girl.

“I wonder if her mommy and daddy told her that it takes two flints to make a fire.” I muse aloud before rolling my eyes. “I guess its just really easy to blame the girl because your boyfriend can’t keep it in his pants.” I flush with annoyance. It really bugs me how I am being punished while Max is still living the good life.

If I was Liz, I would have put my head in a blender many years ago. I repress a shudder at the thought of being Liz Parker or in fact any human beings. Actually I wouldn’t mind being Angelina Jolie because she is kinda kickass although she does have that whole boyfriend/husband stealer thing going on as well. Is a pattern forming here? Anyway, being completely human would be so gross. I’m quite happy with my alien side thank you very much.

“Sorry.” I mumble quickly before I can really get started on my ranting as realize two things. Number one being that Alexandria probably doesn’t want to hear my bitching and number two is bitching about Liz Parker is not showing me in a good light. “I shouldn’t have said that out loud. I should have just given you the money to cover my bill.”

I give Alexandria some money. I guess one of the bright sides of Nasedo’s death is that I now have access to a pretty nice trust fund. Nasedo wanted to make sure that I had the means to support myself (and the others if need be but to be honest they can go and fuck themselves) if anything happened to him. I suppose that means that he wasn’t completely useless at his job as protector.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Bump
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

Sly, Michael and Alex are now filled :D

I'll be posting here again asap... things haven't quite been peachy lately...
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

That's great news that Sly, Michael and Alex have been filled :D
NightshadeIsis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by NightshadeIsis »

*SLY*

Home. That's an interesting word. The house you live in? The people you're with? Your family, your friends? People have their own definitions of what home is. I really don't have a clue. I have one person that comes close in my life. That's it.

My..."father..." Was the farthest thing from home that I'd term anyone. Drunken trash. Had nothing better to do than spend his days sozzled, and wail on me...and my mother. I thought so many times of getting out of there. Just leaving and never looking back. But the next morning after I'd lay in bed planning it, my mother would be walking around, puffy eyed from crying, her face looking none the worse for wear. I had no choice but to stick around. Someone had to look out for her. That prick that she married would never carry that weight on his shoulders.

I still remember the day that I finally did leave, however. I didn't want to, simply because of mom. But the blasted drunk came home, yet again spouting off at the mouth. Usually I was the one that he went for first. he seemed to enjoy taking the agression out on me, and the more intimate parts of his torture out on her. But that night it was different. He went straight at mom, screaming and wailing.

And this time, she made the mistake of talking back and defending herself.

When his fist struck her down, I went blank....just blind with rage. I couldn't take anymore of it. My step-dad and I got in a screaming match, fists flying, both of us fighting like mad. I still don't remember everything of that moment....it's still so fuzzy. But standing near the large fireplace, my hands on the colar of his shirt gripping him in anger...that was one memory. The thing I remember was my step father up against the other side of the room on the floor, crumpled up against the wall, staring at me in shock as I was rooted in place right by the fireplace, unmoving. He dared me to ever throw him again....throw him? How...how on earth could someone possibly throw someone that far across a room? I was going on adrenaline, but seriously....

He was more crazed and drunk than I had ever remembered.

I wound up on the lawn, the fight continuing and dad tossing me through the open doorway. I tried to push past him back into the house, but he had picked up a fireplace poker, brandishing it in my face at every attempt that I took to get past him, nearly missing me a few times. I was out. I was gone, and my mother was stuck. I spent my days trying every conceivable way to get her out. The cops wouldn't help me; she had to tell them the truth, and dad was apparently threatening her to stay quiet. Probably saying he'd kill me...drunken sod. I couldn't get near the house; either dad or his drinking buddies were now keeping nightly hours there constantly, every single night.

The only one I had to talk to was Danielle.

Dani. The one friend I've got on this planet. The only friend. I never allowed myself to get close enough to anyone else to make any. I wouldn't want ANYONE exposed to that...that monster....on a daily basis. So I just kept to myself. Dani and I stayed up many hours at night, she letting me vent in ways I never had before, about the situation. She always was a great ear, even if she did have a tendency to look at things...a little over the top, sometimes. But she agreed with me on one point....revenge was necessary. Absolutely necessary. But what could I do if the cops wouldn't do anything? How could we get him out of mom's life? That was where Dani suddenly chimed in. She had an idea. She had a plan.

I wish I could say that if I'd know ahead of time what it was, that I would have stopped her from going so it hadn't happened. But looking now, it seems like the only way out. The only safe way out for my mother.

Dani never told me what the plan was. At least not all of it. She told me that we needed work on getting him out of the house first, and then the rest would flow from there. Sounded fine to me. I didn't mind a good scuffle, and a good scuffle with dear of dad would be REALLY promising. I was looking forward to leaving that night with her to lure him out. But it didn't quite work that way. Dani had other plans. Definately had other plans...

I saw her from the window of the home we all shared together, sneaking down the alleyway. She was leaving without me! Why? This wasn't her affair anyway, it was mine. She didn't need to be so insistent on helping, and definately didn't need to take the lead. It was my problem, my revenge! I ran out after her, unable to keep up, but knowing just where she was going. So I took the shortcut down a nearby street to my home, and from a distance away, found Dani at my door. And my dad opening it and letting her in. I could feel my heart hitting my throat. Dani could take care of herself better than anyone I know. Geez...she was fun to just spar with in a good workout, just a tifty rumble. But still, she was the only person I had on this planet. To have her in that house with that maniac scared me to death. So I wasted no time in running to the door, tossing it open before anything could happen. I found them just inside the door, Dani with that look in her eye. I knew that look. And my father with another look....a look I also knew well. The look that said "drunk, yet ready for fun."

Cold day in hell, you dirty old man.

Before Dani could even open her mouth to say anything to either my dad or myself, I charged in, shoving him backwards, daring him to come anywhere near Dani or myself. Mom wasn't here; she would have came if she'd heard this ruckus. Where was she? He wouldnt' let her out by herself. Thats when I went from scared, to enraged. Where was my mother? What had this monster done with her? I screamed the question into the acoustics of the living room as I grabbed him and shook him, but he only laughed in my face. That only fueled me more. Tossing him back a step, I raised a fist to do what I had missed doing to him since the one time I got to step up and give him what he deserved. But the fist wouldn't make contact. Dad had grabbed up that same familiar fire poker, and instead of slamming a fist into his slobbering face, I found myself having to use that hand to block a metal rode coming at my head.

Danni's voice sounded and somehow my dad lost hold of the poker, "Leave him the fuck alone asshole!" Next thing I knew, her hand was lifted and my father was flying across the room before she turned to look at me, "Get out of here, Sly. We've got to go, now!"

Dad slammed against the fireplace mantle with an unusual sounding thud, crumpling to the floor. The crash rattled everything on the mantle, lit candles shaking precariously above his now apparentl unconscious form. But I didn't even move to stop them from falling on him. I was too shocked, too stunned, by what had just happened...HOW it had just happened. It wasn't until two candles fell on him, the flames setting his shirt on fire, that I snapped to reality, taking off my jean jacket as I ran over to him, smacking the flames out with it. Please...don't think that I didn't enjoy hitting him with the coat either. A person does have to get some perverse pleasure out of moments like that.

The fire out of his shirt, I turned to stare at Dani, jacket hanging loosely in my hand.

"What...what did you do?" I stammered. "Dani, what the hell did you do?"

"Saved your ass, Sly. And unless you want the cops to take us in, let's get the fuck out of here before he wakes up." She turned to head out the door without another word, leaving me to stand there in complete confusion. This wasn't the plan. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. Beat him senseless, sure. I could have lived with that. But my mother...I couldn't just leave. If she came back and found him like this....

I had little choice in the matter. I couldn't stay, waiting and wondering, especially if by some fluke, he didn't wake up. And not knowing where my mother was, I had to just wait. Simply wait. Patience wasn't a virtue. I had little choice but to go after Dani, leaving dad in a heap on the ground.

The days following, however, proved to be better. MUCH better. I went back to the house every day, hiding from the other side of the street, waiting for some sign of dad to walk out. But he never came. No one ever did. Going to an old neighbour, I was quickly welcomed, the dear old woman so thrilled to see me alive and well. She was the one who told me what had happened. Dad never got up that night, never stood again. He had apparently had a heart attack. Mom was safe, moving out of the house and buying a brand new one from the large insurance policy she gained from his death. Mom was safe. Thank God, mom was safe.

Living with Dani was my decision at that point. I toyed with going back, wanted so badly to join her again. I had missed her. But everything in me told me that there was more to Dad's death than a heart attack. Something that Dani had did that night caused what happened. I don't know what to this day, but something was done. Something happened that I can't explain. It was safer for me to stay away. If it was ever figured out that Dani and I were in the house that night, it could come down on Mom. She was finally happy. I couldn't break that. So I was completely content to stay with Dani and the others, all of us carving out our own lives. Home, as the word went, was with US. Wherever we went.

But why on earth we were suddenly trecking to Roswell was something that I still don't understand....

*PRESENT*

Getting out of the car, I look around with a light sigh. Small. Quiet. Was EVERYTHING in this town covered in dust? Blasted desert. Well, could have been worse. They could have be sleeping in the car instead of finally in a town. At least they'd reached the place that Dani was dragging them to.

"Sly, I'm gonna let you take a look around for a bit," Dani says, looking around the town as well with an extreme look of annoyance. I smile. That look simply said, "UGH." Dani was hard to please sometimes. "Give us a layout of the damned town," she continues. "You don't look as out of place as we do." Dani chuckles, and I look at her, passing a feigned look of hurt.

"Oh, Dani...how could you? You're saying that I'm TOO PRETTY for you lot? Well, how sad is that?" I would have grinned, but Lonnie spoke up

"Dani, let me go with him... gotta keep an eye on him right? Make certain he don't get himself into any damned trouble."

"Yeah, Lonnie," Dani answers. "Do it. Just disguise yourself and if ya see any of the other set, let's find out where they hang. When the rest of ya are done settlin' in. Come to my room and we'll get everything planned out."

That was when I shook my head, looking over at my best friend with a laugh as I pointed to Lonnie.

"Sorry, sweet-cheeks, but if she wants to come along and look around with me, that's fine. But last time I checked, Sly did NOT need a glorified babysitter. You're the only one in the group that dares to give me a spanking." I grinned slyly. "And that's only if you ask NICELY."
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Lexi~

I'm waiting for more of a response from Liz when suddenly I hear Tess speak. " Can I get some service around here? Some people have better things to do then stand around idly gossiping.” I turn to see that she's standing at the counter and I don't know quite what it is that's going on between her and the others, but I'd noticed a tension involved with them the last few weeks.

"That's right, I'm sure you've got plenty of guys that you need to try to seduce since you're obviously not having any luck with mine. Hey, why don't we call Kyle, I'm sure if you use those special," I hear Liz begin to respond to the words Tess had said and shake my head in surprise. "Talents of yours on him, you could probably force him into bed." I can't help but be surprised that she had spoken like that. I'd never heard her speak in such a manner in all the time I'd been working for her parents. "We'll talk after work." She turns to tell me and I simply nod before moving over to the counter and taking the order from Tess.

Ringing it up, I can't help but think that I might have just placed myself into the middle of a situation I didn't want. “I wonder if her mommy and daddy told her that it takes two flints to make a fire.” I hear Tess commenting and look up to see that she doesn't seem to realize she'd said it aloud. “I guess its just really easy to blame the girl because your boyfriend can’t keep it in his pants.” Woah, Max cheated on Liz? I can't believe I'm hearing that.

“Sorry.” I finish ringing in Tess bill and note that she seems to be sincere as she continues, “I shouldn’t have said that out loud. I should have just given you the money to cover my bill.” Taking the money she holds out then, I make the appropriate change and hand it back to her.

"Tess, I don't know quite what went on between everyone, but I don't think you should have to hold your thoughts back. Everyone has the right to state what they feel and rant about things." I tell her and then stand there, wondering if I should have even opened my mouth. At the same time, I'm wishing my shift was over and I hadn't agreed to hang out with Liz after all. I'm not sure I want to be drawn into the center of this drama. I have enough shit happening at home.

~Isabel~

I can't help but want to scream when Tess first comes in and I simply sit there, eating and paying little attention to her. I trusted her, brought her into the group. When we learned that she was one of us it had been both amazing and scary for me. But... to then cause trouble between Max and Liz only to show that she really didn't care if something happened to Liz when Nacedo kidnapped her... well that angered me. Maybe I still at times thought that it was better if it was us against the humans... but I considered Alex, Maria and Liz... family. Kyle.. I'm still not quite certain about. I'm thinking I might need to 'walk' him again soon to see what I think on that matter.

"God I hate her." I hear Liz mumble and glance up to see that she's slid into the booth with me. "Do you think it would be too much to ask for Michael to blow her up?" I can't believe I'm hearing Liz come up with those sort of thoughts. Although, it shouldn't surprise me. If I'd been in her shoes I would probably have come up with more. "Sorry," Liz suddenly apologizes and I realize that she and I need to have a talk. "That was inconsiderate of me. Tess is your friend."

Obviously, Liz hasn't been paying attention the last few days to what I've been like. As she stands up and forces her smile, I sigh. "Can I get you anything else Iz?"

"Liz... I think you and I need to have a talk." I say simply, looking at her and then motioning to the seat. "About a few things." I add. It's time that she realize exactly where she stands with everything. That even though she's human and all that she's not as on the outside as she would have thought. It's also time she and I cleared the air about a few things that have been stewing for a while. My brother obviously loves her so there are definitely things that we need to work out. "Sit down and we'll clear the air. Lexi can take care of things."

~Brand~

I know that it has got to make me a bad person to be doing what I'm doing right now. My father is away on yet another of his business trips and I'm simply glad that it gives me more of a chance to sit in the Crashdown. However, I'm hard pressed not to make myself obvious. In the beginning, when I first moved here and Lexi and I got together, I'd only come in to see her. Now though it's more then that. I want to keep her safe. If my father wasn't such stickler for me learning to take over his business, I would try to get a job here just so I could have more reason to be here. But, for the moment I had the old man to consider.

Seeing how Lexi was treated by her father and her not letting me do anything about it, I wanted to do what I could to protect her. She doesn't know that I've realized what was happening. How could I not notice? There were times when she would flinch when I went to simply caress her cheek. It seemed to me that she hadn't experienced any real gentleness at anytime in her life if she was so afraid to let anyone close. I'd actually kind of forced my way into her life. I can still remember it like it was yesterday, even after nearly a month.

I walked into the school for my first day and was walking down the hall when I saw her, her head bowed and she seemed to be holding her hair in place over her. Her red hair caught my attention instantly and I couldn't keep from watching her. I saw her duck into the ladies room and while I should have been going to class, something made me stay and wait. Even after the bell rang, she didn't come back out. When silence filled the halls, I pushed the door open a crack and heard her crying. The sound broke my heart.

Sneaking into the bathroom, I made my way over and caught a glimpse of her looking in the mirror at her sides. Her shirt lifted as she checked out the damage. She was crying so completely she didn't realize I was there and I forced myself to step outside because I didn't think she would like knowing I'd seen. So, instead, I stood outside the bathroom a moment and then knocked on the door. "Someone in there? Just so you know I'm coming in so I hope you are decent."

By the time I'd gotten back over, she was standing there hugging herself while trying to dry her eyes. "Hi, I'm Brand." I greeted her and reached for a paper towel and some water, stepping over and even as I saw her flinching, I reached up with the now wet towel and began helping to set her to rights. "A lovely lady like you shouldn't be in the bathroom crying. She should be laughing and enjoying life. Even if it's only moments set aside for joy."

When I first heard her reply, I was hooked. "Sometimes, tears are the only sign of emotion people feel they can show while others find it weak. Why then, does it appear that in my weakness, one who is strong comes to my aid? I'm Alexandria... Lexi..." We'd learned after the first couple of days that we both enjoyed philosophy and writing. In english class, she was assigned to work on helping me catch up and things just began to grow from there.

Now, looking at her after she'd been asked to join Liz, I couldn't help but smile. I planned to thank Liz later for making the move to start something. Lexi needed friends... most of all she needed another woman around to talk to.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

TESS

Alexandria hands me back my change before saying, "Tess, I don't know quite what went on between everyone, but I don't think you should have to hold your thoughts back. Everyone has the right to state what they feel and rant about things."

Wow, sadly that is the nicest thing anyone has said to me in days. And once again, I’m hit with a incredible longing for Nasedo. Sure, he was an abusive asshole but he did have his good points and he was the only family I had. But as soon as I find a way home I will be with my own kind and I will be loved. Everything that I have had to experience on this damn planet will be worth it once I am home.

A small smile plays on my lips as I look at Alexandria, “You’re probably right but not everyone would agree with you. Just be careful with your new friends,” I state, gesturing with a slightly nod towards Liz and Isabel. “Its easier to blame the cracks on strangers and newcomers then take credit for your own foolhardiness.”
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Liz~

"Liz... I think you and I need to have a talk.About a few things. Sit down and we'll clear the air. Lexi can take care of things."

Oh shit. I really do not want to hear about how I need to respect the fact that Tess is one of them. She's Max's destined mate...blah blah blah, that's just not something I think I could handle hearing one more time before I scream bloody fucking murder.

"Alright Iz, what's up?" That's it Parker, play it casual. No need for the whole damn restaurant to know how upset you are. "Have I done something else? I'm sorry I'm not nicer to Tess but she just rubs me the wrong way, ya know?"

Isabel looks upset now and I rush to explain, "Be that as it may though, I shouldn't put you guys in the middle. I'm sorry." Oh, I'm sorry alright. I'm sorry that I don't have powers of my own so that the gerbil can be out of my hair once and for all. Hey, a girl can dream can't she?

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
NightshadeIsis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by NightshadeIsis »

*Michael*

How long had I been wandering around town with absolutely noting to do? I really don't know. I left this morning, early, so I wouldn't have to listen to more drunken crap from that mess of a human I was saddled with having to shack up with. Anyone ever dared called him my father, I'd be ready to take out a few of their teeth. But since I left this morning, I've simply been killing time. I was half tempted to go beat on good old Maxwell's window and wake him up early just to be a pest. But Max would to one of two things. Not wake up, or wake up and give me yet another lordly lecture, this time on the importance of getting enough sleep. So that idea was killed.

Maybe The Crashdown. I wonder if Maria was at work yet. It was midday, and I didn't start my shift until much later, so maybe I'd get lucky. Well, that came out the wrong way...

Didn't it?

Turning down the street, I make my way towards the Crashdown, when a sight up the road caught my attention. A car. A beat up piece of junk. But who was I to talk? I road around in Max's moving violation on a daily basis. The people that were getting out...definately not from around here. Look a lot more rough and tumble than anything you ever found in this town. I stand near the Crashdown for a moment, hidden from view by a tall truck parked out front, watching them for a moment. They're definately not from around here. What city did they blow in from? My eyes narrow in thought for a moment, not liking this. Like we don't have enough trouble with our OWN problems, we had to have strangers from another town waltz in. Perfect. Just what we needed.

I turn and walk into the Crashdown, still glancing over my shoulder occasionally at our new guests across the street, who were giving the town quite the lookover. But trying to put it aside for a moment I move on inside, looking around for any familiar faces.