Crossover fanfic

Are you a stargazer? Want more Alex and Isabel? Then come in here and talk about it.

Moderators: truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

adi
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Crossover fanfic

Post by adi »

What, if any, is your prefered Roswell crossover.

I suspect there won't be many replies since crossover isn't that popular.

As a stargazer "Highlander" is a must.

Second choice is "Buffy".

In my mind, crossovers only work effectively if neither side knows about the other. The "what the hell are you" factor is a vital part of the story.

The worst crossover in my mind is "Smallville" because he's SUPERMAN. He's next to indestructable and practically omnipotent. It's too one-sided to be interesting.
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Well the only crossover I've read in totality and really really liked is KK's "Still Yours".

The whole concept of Alex being a foundling and thus an immortal is super though that does raise questions about how complicated life will get for Isabel and him since she'll keep aging.But then again that's the intriguing part...left to be seen how KK deals with it.

I haven't come across any other crossovers that have caught my eye or my interest and there are hardly any A/I focussed ones.Or are there?
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

My own fave XO's, aside from the aforementioned Highlander, are Stargate and Harry Potter. My only problem is that so many XO writers are hooked on UC. It kinda limits my XO reading.

I'd really like to see a solid West Wing XO, just to see what it looks like.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

well, you could write one when you've finished Still Yours! :D
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Sternbetrachter wrote:well, you could write one when you've finished Still Yours! :D

How did I know that was coming? :-D
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Because you know that's what we're all hoping for :P :lol:
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

and because you are a really smart cookie! :D
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
adi
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by adi »

I may be the odd one out here but I don't want KK to finish "Still Yours". I want one chapter a day FOREVER.
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

I'll read them if they are CC, or if it's some Liz-guy thing, where Max isn't a dickhead.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Two of my favorite crossover stories are two CC Stargate crossovers.The only bad part is only one of them is finished.That would be this one called Stargzers and Stargaters.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1216684/1/

The next one called New Enemies, New Alliances, Love Rekindled is still CC but sadly it dosen't look like it will be finished.It should be noted that in this story they got Isabel's Antarian name wrong in one chapter :lol:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1238162/1/