COTV Part 2 (FF,CC.Adult)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I wince inwardly at Xadalyn's veiled threat to my father. We're going to have to make sure she knows better than to talk that way to the other teens at school.

I have to agree with Xan's words. It is good to be back although I know our troubles are far from over. Getting Xadalyn to fit in won't be easy. Even harder will be getting her to really relax. She needs that. She needs to figure out how to be a regular kid. I only hope she can.

"Well, let's get out of the heat then," I say, trying to lighten the mood and move things along. "Who's riding where?"

"Oh, Sarah. Will you ride with my dad and me?" Justin asks, looking hopeful.
Dreamer_Dreaming
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Dreamer_Dreaming »

~Sarah~

“Really” Justin asked to that fact that I told him he looked older. “Yea you do look taller” I said with a smile. “I did miss you a lot.” He tells me. “Yea…me too. It really felt weird without you there.” I said to him.

I turned to my right when I saw my grandpa. He was staring at me waiting for my reaction. I smile as I jump into his arms, holding me tight. For an old guy, he still can hold me like I’m still five. “Grandpa!” I said in a high pit voice.

“How my angel” He said looking at me, “fine….it is good to see you! And to be home of course” I said with a smile as he put me down. “Good! Just don’t leave us again.”

“Ok grandpa, I won’t” with that I give him a kiss and turn to my father, “Well, let's get out of the heat then,” he said. “Who's riding where?”

“Oh, Sarah. Will you ride with my dad and me?” Justin said and I smiled.

I looked at my mom and dad with permission. I didn’t want to jump in with Justin car without their okay.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"Sure sweetie. Go ahead," I tell Sarah. We have to split up to go in the two cars and there's no reason to deny her.

I turn to Xadalyn, trying to explain. "The handshake is a gesture of friendship. Other people might want to do the same thing. It's meant in kindness." Pausing, I think about the others at the house. The boys probably won't offer handshakes and my mom -- it's possible she'll offer more.

"My mom might even want to give you a hug, but she won't if you don't want to." Actually, after seeing Xadalyn's attitude, Mom's urge to hug might be diminished. I wouldn't be surprised if Dad had thought to offer the same.

I see Kyle hesitating, like he's debating whether it's safe now to offer his own hand now that the custom has been explained. He opts to nod instead.

"As for the cars, I guess Liz can ride with Sarah and I'll ride with my dad and Xan and Xadalyn," I suggest.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- Hope it's okay to skip ahead. If you want me to change or delete this, just let me know.

*Max*

I expected to spend the drive describing and explaining things to Xadalyn but she doesn't have many questions for me. She's sitting with Xan and they're talking quietly. I try to start some casual conversation with my father, but it seems a bit awkward. He tells me that the firm finished the contract with Shermin Shoes. I'd been focusing on that a lot before we left but right now, it doesn't seem to matter at all.

I can't help but feel relieved as Dad pulls up to my house. Technically, the palace on Antar is 'my house,' too, and truthfully, I was starting to feel a lot more at home there. (Even if Xadalyn was occupying 'my' bedroom.) Still, I've lived here with Liz and the kids for almost 14 years. It's home.

I notice right away that the door has been repaired from when Kyria burst through. Dad might have hired a contractor for me but I'm thinking it's more likely that Michael had fixed it with his powers.

"Here we are," I say, stepping out of the car. I see Michael's car and a rental that's probably Isabel's. They're all here. "Thanks for fixing the door."

"You can thank Michael for that," he says with a smile, confirming my suspicions. "Your mom has fixed all your favorite foods and brought them over for you, Max," Dad says. "I hope Xadalyn likes them, too."
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: I thought Kyria fixed the door before they left?

Alexander

Throughout the ride home, I was feeling a little preoccupied, despite managing to keep a conversation with Xadalyn going. Now that we were back on Earth, all the events of the past two weeks seemed unreal, dreamlike. If not for Xadalyn sitting right next to me, I would have had to keep convincing myself that Antar hadn't been an illusion.

But like I'd said to my grandfather, it felt great to finally be home, and sure enough, the sight of our house was both comforting and reassuring. While Antar was rocky and unpredictable, our house represented stability. It held memories and moments that over the years had shaped and moulded us.

"Not a palace, exactly," I told Xadalyn quietly before adding with a smile, "Guess you'll have to rough it out a bit."

Although I knew that my sister was used to the lavish lifestyle, I also knew that she wasn't all that fond of the giggling ladies who fussed about her hair and whatnot. This would be her first taste of the average (human) family life. Scratch that. This would be her first taste of my life. Sure, it really wasn't much. But it was mine.

As we got out of the car, I heard my grandfather saying, "Your mom has fixed all your favorite foods and brought them over for you, Max. I hope Xadalyn likes them, too."

My ears immediately pricked up at this. "Favourite foods, huh? Man, it is good to be back," I said with a grin just as my grandmother appeared at the front door.

She looked like your typical TV grandma. Silver hair, wrinkles, slightly plump... and that warm, welcoming smile. Beneath the smile, though, I thought I saw something else. She looked relieved to see us. I could only imagine how worried she must have been when all of us disappeared all of a sudden, and then to find out that we were on an alien planet.

I laughed when my grandmother hurried towards us just as the rest of our little 'family' came into view- Aunt Isabel, Uncle Michael, the whole gang - and then she threw her arms around me, slightly teary-eyed. She had always been a special person to me, and it was good to see her. I returned the hug, throwing a sidelong glance at my father, shrugging slightly.

"Hi Grandma, love you, missed you too," I said as she finally pulled away and pinched my cheeks affectionately. It was almost embarassing, but I didn't care.

Xadalyn still seemed a little tense, and it struck me how immature I looked next to her. But this was me, how I'd always been. While the experience definitely changed me in many ways, in fact forced me to toughen up, become more serious, grow up a little, that didn't mean I had to become all gloomy and awkward. And I hoped my sister would be able to break out of her shell too.

"Hey Dad, I don't suppose we could hurry up a little with the heartfelt reunions and introductions and skip ahead to Grandma's feast? I think I hear the potato salad calling my name." I had a good hunch there was potato salad; after all Grandpa did say favourite food. What could I say? Intergalactic travel builds up your appetite. And though I had always had some crazy alien tastebuds, I was certainly up for some familiar food.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

nickimlow wrote:OOC: I thought Kyria fixed the door before they left?
Did she? Sorry. :oops:

*Max*

"Hey Dad, I don't suppose we could hurry up a little with the heartfelt reunions and introductions and skip ahead to Grandma's feast? I think I hear the potato salad calling my name." Alexander calls after hugging his grandma. It makes me smile to see him looking so comfortable and ... happy. I hope Xadalyn can learn to relax like that.

Kyle's car stops behind me and Justin gets out, followed by the rest of the crew.

"Sure, Alex. I'll take care of it," I say, laughing a little. I'm a bit more serious as I address his twin sister. "Xadalyn, please come here," I say, calling her closer.

"This is obviously my mother," I say, again leaving out the qualifications that Xadalyn already knows. She knows my Antarian mother and she knows that I was adopted here.

Mom looks a bit nervous, smiling a bit too broadly. "Welcome, dear," she says.

"And this is my sister Isabel -- who you'd know as Vilandra. And these are her sons, your cousins Jacob and Jonathon."
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Xada

The house is a cute little earth house. I wonder at the differences for a moment before my attention is called back to Max. "Xadalyn, please come here," he says and I notice a good many people coming out of the house.

I step closer but still stay close to my brother. I would never admit in a thousand years that I was nervous but I am a little and having my twin close helps. At least my training allows me to hide my feelings. "This is obviously my mother," indicating an older human woman that looks as nervous as I feel. Why would she be nervous I’m the one on a new planet. Before I can work out that mystery I am introduced to Max’s sister.

"And this is my sister Isabel -- who you'd know as Vilandra. And these are her sons, your cousins Jacob and Jonathon." I nod politely to everyone

“Nice to meet you all.” I say. The little boys are staring at me with a mix of wonder and fear. And it just makes me even more nervous. I’ve never really been exposed to children even when I was a child.

“Are you really an alien queen?” one of the boys finally gets the nerve to ask and I am startled for a moment before I say. “Actually to me…you are the aliens.” I say seriously and they look confused for a second before saying at the same time “Cool!” and then both my hands are taken by each of them and they are talking a mile a minute as they lead me into the house. I look over to my brother, slightly alarmed but he is smiling so maybe this is normal child-like behavior? Or maybe it’s a human thing.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: Hey Isabelle, I got your IM, and yeah, I'm doing great :) Hope you are too!

Alexander

As Xadalyn was being introduced to Aunt Isabel and her sons, she looked cool and distant, but I also thought she seemed a little bewildered, maybe a tad alarmed. I suppose this was probably to her how Antar was to me when I first got there. A strange new world, with strange new people, and strange new cultures.

The boys appeared both weirded out and curious at the same time. Then Jonathan came right out and asked Xadalyn, “Are you really an alien queen?”

For a moment, I found myself wondering how Xadalyn would respond to such a question coming from a little boy. And when she did, it was almost funny because she said it so seriously in a way the boys most probably wouldn't get. “Actually to me…you are the aliens.”

When they filled with excitement and grabbed her hands, leading her inside, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. My twin looked over at me as if for help. She was confused, and it struck me in a sad way how little she knew about childhood.

"They like you and this is just their way of welcoming you," I explained before adding soothingly over our telepathic connection, It's okay, don't look so tense.

"What a welcome wagon," I said to my father and aunt with a shrug as I followed Xadalyn and the kids in.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- FYI: I found the reference. :) Jacob and Johnathon are 8 and 11 years old.

*Max*

I have to smile as the boys welcome Xadalyn as if she's their new toy. It's wonderful the way kids just take things at face-value and don't stand on ceremony. As long as Xada doesn't try to zap them for touching her, it'll all be good.

"What a welcome wagon," Xan says with a grin.

"More like baptism-by-fire," I answer, following everyone into the house. "I guess we can go see to that food, then."

*Justin*

As I get out of the car with Sarah, I see that everyone's heading inside. "Looks like the kids like your sister," I say. Xadalyn seems kinda weird to me. Hard to believe that she's Sarah's sister. Maybe it won't be so bad once I've gotten to get to know her.
Dreamer_Dreaming
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Dreamer_Dreaming »

~Sarah~

Justin, mom, Uncle Kyle, Kyle’s dad, and I get out of their car. I step out and take my house into view. It is great to be home again. It is great smell earth atmosphere. It is what I know and love. “Looks like the kids like your sister,” Justin said.

I look up and notice my two little cousins are being their usual self with Xadalyn. She looks really scary. I laugh to myself. The boys can come up kind of strong, but they are boys. It is what boys do. While my cousins do.

Everyone is going in the house, and I follow. It then I first see my Aunt Isabel, and my….suddenly I am burst with the biggest hug by my grandma. She is squeezing me so tight that I might pop. “Grandma...” I look at my father for help, for an old lady she is sure is strong. But I think she is so excited to see me, and I think she might be crying, which I now I am feeling bad about. She finally let me go, “I miss you so much! I was even so worried…” she said. “We’re fine grandma…everything fine now.” I kiss her cheek and hug her. “And I miss you too” I smiles.

“Now how about that food!” I am so hungry I could actually eat a horse. I really didn’t eat much on Antar. It would just make me sick. True is I didn’t like the food there at all. Spicy foods just don’t go well with me. So smelling grandma’s cooking is like heaven right now, and I can’t wait to have a taste of it.