Almost Perfect (A/I, CC, TEEN) COMPLETE 9/24/06

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Almost Perfect (A/I, CC, TEEN) COMPLETE 9/24/06

Post by vegas312 »

Title: Almost Perfect

Author: Vegas312

Rating: TEEN

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell, but if someone wants to give me Colin then I’m all for it.

Coupling: A/I, CC

Summary: Post Destiny (two weeks after). Based on a challenge by the lovely Trude. Alex’s birthday is coming up soon and the girls want to plan something for him. While the girls are planning the surprise party the guys are wondering what’s going on.

AN: This is going to be a short story maybe no more than eight chapters and hopefully updating won’t be a problem. This is for all my stargazers buddies for their inspiring stories and for just being awesome. Also the the title for this story comes from the song “She’s Almost Perfect” by Ingram Hill and thanks to Mary for giving me the push to go ahead and post this now instead of later. Enjoy!

Chapter One

Whitman’s Garage

“Love sucks,” a wiry guy sang into the microphone and hopped around playing his guitar. The other four guys in the garage joined him as they all sang their only song. Finally the song ended with a solo guitar riff and a bang of the drums. “That was pretty good guys,” the guitarist told the others while taking his guitar off.

“Alex man, we’ve been playing that same song over for the past two days,” the drummer told him.

“Dude, what are you talking about? Just yesterday we’d practiced ‘Love Bites,” Alex told him.

“Hey Aaron is right. I mean what’s going on with you man. One minute you’re all ready to write some kick ass music and the next minute we’re all in here playing this same sappy song over,” Sam the keyboard player chimed in.

“So what do all of you think this is true,” Alex demanded.

All four of them nodded their heads and muttered, “Yeah we need new songs.”

“We all know that Isabel Evans and you broke up,” Aaron started to say.

Alex waved his hands and formed a time out signal, “Whoa. Wait a minute. Isabel and I breaking up doesn’t have anything to do with the choice of songs we’re playing.”

The guys just stared at him in disbelief and Sam snorted from his position, “Um sure you keep telling yourself that. Maybe if you tell yourself that long enough you’ll actually believe it.”

“Hey you can’t let this girl get you down. Next things you know you’re going to want to break up the band because of her. You need to stay away from her, she’s like Yoko Ono or something,” Aaron sighed and twirled his drumsticks.

“Yoko Ono? Okay seriously you guys are going too far with this whole theory about Isabel,” Alex protested and ran his fingers through his hair clearly frustrated.

“So what happened with the two of you anyway,” Mike asked.

‘If that’s not a loaded question then I don’t know what is. He should ask me what didn’t happened. Let’s see the Special Unit kidnapped Max, the whole group broke him out, and then the federales chased us all. Some more shooting and Kyle got shot and healed, the sheriff knows about us, and oh yeah my girlfriend dumped me when she found out that her so called brother is actually her fiancée from another life. Gee and they wonder why I’m playing ‘Love Sucks.’

“We decided that we needed some space from each other until we figured out what we wanted in a relationship,” Alex muttered and retrieved his guitar from the stand.

“Don’t you mean that Isabel decided that,” Sam snorted.

‘Actually she did, but they don’t need to know that.’ Rolling his eyes at his friends, “Let’s get back to practice. I wrote a new song this afternoon and before you ask it does not have the title ‘love sucks or bites’ in it.”

Everyone started laughing and one by one the guys started heading out the garage door. Alex walked out behind them, “Hey where are you guys going?”

“Dude, I got to get home for dinner,” Mike shouted while walking backward.

The others shouted their excuses leaving Alex shaking his head, “And you guys call yourselves musicians. You’re supposed to breathe and live music.”

Seeing that no was listening he sighed and started putting the instruments up. The last time he had forgot to put the gear away his mom had backed up into it not paying attention before pulling in. Finally done he closed the garage and headed towards the house. Looking around the empty house he sighed and went to his room. “Are my parents ever home,” he muttered.
Making his way to his bedroom he picked up spare guitar (hey a guy can never have too many guitars) from the corner and fell back on his bed. He strummed a few chords slowly and sang, “Oh Isabel I loved you. Why did you leave me? Oh why? Who would have ever thought love would hurt so much?”

He was so caught up in trying to get his misery out that he didn’t the door open up. The two girls walked in and shook their head at the sight before. They hated seeing him like that and although the three had gotten together after that day that shall not be named they still hadn’t a lot of time to see how each was doing since final exams week had just started. The two looked at each and smiled and knew that they had to do something to cheer their friend up. Moving silently towards the bed they stopped a feet away and with a nod they jumped on the bed startling Alex.

Barely hanging onto his guitar he nearly fell off the bed when two bodies had attacked him. Looking up he saw one pair of green eyes and one pair of brown eyes looking mischievous. “Ah if it isn’t my two favorite girls. I don’t know if the two of you know it, but it’s a little too late to try out for wrestling. Maybe you can give it a go next year and you already have the nicknames. Liz “Crazy” Parker and her sidekick Maria “Hurricane” Deluca,” he smirked at them.

“Hey!” They protested and hit him in the arms.

“Ouch! Abuse! Best friend abuse. Someone call 911 or call the president. I’m being abused by these crazy women, who obviously came to ravage me,” he screeched and tried not to laugh.

“Oh that’s it, no birthday present for you. And why am I the sidekick,” Maria slugged him again. Looking at Liz she said, “I say we tie him up and give him a makeover. I think I got some pink polish in my bag.”

“I don’t know Maria. I don’t think pink is Alex’s color. Hmm maybe passion pink would do it,” Liz tilted her head and looked at her friend considering.

“Oh no! There will be no pink polish coming no where near this body,” Alex tried to throw them off him but they held on. ‘For girls they’re really strong. Note to self start working out.’

Maria and Liz seeing that he was no longer going to throw them off him rested their heads on his shoulders. “Are we losers or what,” Maria muttered. “You’re singing songs about Isabel, Liz is hiding out from Max, and I’m still trying to corner Michael down to the point where I could be considered a stalker.”

“Maria, we aren’t losers. We just miss our alien friends is all and we been through so much this past year and maybe it’s better this way although I don’t see why it has to be this way,” he stroked her hair.

“It shouldn’t have to be like this. All six of us were finally happy and you and Isabel were just starting to get together then the blonde home wrecker comes and mess it all up. We should form a ‘I hate blondes club,” Maria ranted.

“Um Maria, you’re a blonde,” Liz reminded her trying not to laugh.

“I can always dye it,” Maria waved her hand. “I think I would look good as a brunette.”

“Oookay, moving onto the topic at hand,” Alex tried to change topics before Maria worked herself up although personally he loved blondes himself especially if their name was Isabel. Shaking his head, “So what brings the two of you here? Besides trying out your wrestling moves on me.”

“We’re here to talk about your birthday since it’s this Friday,” Liz smiled.
“My birthday? No it’s not my birthday. I mean you must have me confused with someone else,” he shook his head.

“Are you still upset about last year? I mean it was totally an accident that your couch caught on fire,” she protested.

“Uh huh. You try telling my parents that. My aunt Florence is still horrified. She can’t see a couch without breaking out in tears,” he covered his face.

“Well my mom told her to drop and roll,” Maria reminded him. The three looked at each other and busted out laughing. Finally a few minutes later they stopped laughing only to start again when Maria mentioned, “It was only her wig that caught on fire.”

“We’re terrible! Okay so this year we’re going to just hang out and just watch movies,” Liz said.

“Good because I don’t want a party like last year,” he moved to stand up not seeing the look the two girls gave each other that was full of mischief.
Last edited by vegas312 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:09 am, edited 18 times in total.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don’t sue me although I wouldn’t mind owning Colin.

Summary: Based on a challenge by the truly inspiring Trude. For more details please check out the first chapter.

AN: Thanks for all the awesome feedback. I’m so sorry I haven’t updated in awhile. sighs Between working on Enigma at my board and the muse taking a mini vacation when I wasn’t looking I haven’t had time. Anyway hope you enjoy and oh yeah the couch incident will get explain later.

Chapter 2

~The Next Day: Roswell High

"Maria, weren’t you a blonde this morning or has the mystery meat finally gotten to me," Alex titled his head at her curiously.

She tossed her new cap of dark hair and smiled at him. "Alex, you’re slipping if you’ve just noticed my new hairdo. I’ve told you time and time again not eat the mystery meat, but do you listen. No you don’t."

"Yeah well after eating this for two years I like to think that I’ve grown immune to any effects that it might cause me. Now what’s up with the new hair color? Oh by the way I love the new Michael shirt of the day," he looked at her shirt which had a picture of a milk carton with Michael’s face on it and printed underneath it said, ‘Have you seen him? If so smack him for me and tell him to shove destiny.’

Before she could answer Liz, who dropped her backpack on the floor and slammed her lunch tray on the table interrupted them. Alex and Maria looked at each other with a raised eyebrow and turned back to look at Liz.

Shaking her juice she popped it up open and started to take a drink when she noticed her two friends looking at her. "What," she scowled.

"Um since when you have started slamming lunch trays around and now you’re scowling. Have you been pulling all nighters again studying," Maria asked trying to figure out what was wrong with her usual even-tempered friend.

"I’m fine. It’s just been a long day and no it’s not because of my studying. And I’m not scowling, see," she gave them a toothy smile.

"Gee if that’s a smile then I’m sure the tooth fairy is scared of you," Alex cracked hoping that she would laugh. Not getting the smile he hopped for he threw his arm around her and hugged her to his side. "Alright Parker what’s really going on with you? Hmm didn’t you just have chemistry with a certain Czechoslovakian?"

"So what did Mr. Dark and Handsome do now," Maria cupped her chin in her hand and leaned forward.

Liz looked away from her two friends and moved her French fries around her lunch tray. Peeking up she saw that they were still staring at her waiting for an answer. She sighed and stabbed a French fry with her fork. "Well he wanted to talk to me, but before I could say anything Tess walks in and wrapped herself around him."

"Oh that’s it! I say we come up with some kind of plan where someone from their home world comes take E.Tess off our hands," Maria nodded and pulled out her notebook. "All we need is to figure out how to do it. Any ideas?"

The other two just looked at her and started laughing. Maria glared at them and shook her fingers at them "The two of you should be helping me not laughing." A second later she joined them and started laughing.

"Alright ladies I got to go and meet the guys for a quick rehearsal in the band room, but while I’m gone make sure you figured out what the both of you are getting me for my birthday," he winked at them and stood up.

"It’s your birthday? I sooooo didn’t know that," Maria clasped her hand to her chest. "Oh Liz how we could have forgotten Alex’s birthday?"

"I don’t know. We’re bad friends," Liz gave a fake sniff and wiped an imaginary tear away. "Can you ever forgive us," she grabbed hold of his hand and gave him a sad look.

Letting go of her hand he grabbed his backpack, "Sure. Pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about, but I better not receive a gift certificate for quilt making lessons again."

Liz and Maria started laughing while he gave them a playful glare. With a wave and a see you later he left them to plot his birthday.

"Alright now that our birthday boy is gone for awhile we can plan his party," Maria turned a page in her notebook while Liz got out her planner.

"We should probably decide how many people we’re inviting," Liz bit her pencil and concentrated on the task at hand.

"Last year we had about thirty people including family, but we all know how that went," Maria sighed.

"Oh yeah. Let’s hope the fire department isn’t called again," Liz snorted.

"Okay let’s not go there otherwise we’ll be sitting here laughing all day," she snickered while Liz tried not to laugh.

"You know this would be so much easier if we could hire a party planner or something, but we only have a hundred dollars budget."

"Babe I’m telling you we should have it at Chucky E. Cheese. Not only is it fun, but it’s cheap. I mean who doesn’t want to play video games at a party. I would go to a party like that."

Liz shook her head and opened her mouth to say something when a voice said behind them, "Maria you would think a party at Chucky E. Cheese would rock."

The two girls turned to see a tall blonde in front of them and Maria stood up to her full height. "What’s that supposed to mean?"

"What I mean is that I don’t think Alex would enjoy a party at Chucky E. Cheese," the blonde told her.

"Since when have you care about what Alex likes? Oh yeah when it involves you then you’re all for it," she retorted back.

Liz seeing the tension between the two tried to break it up. "So Isabel how are you? Why don’t you have a seat? You have a seat too Maria."

The two girls glared at each other and finally sat down when Liz cleared her throat loudly. "So Isabel what brings you to our table?"

Isabel turned away from her glaring contest with Maria and turned to the other brunette at the table. "Well I was walking by and I couldn’t help but hear that you’re planning a party for Alex," she told her while not mentioning that she had been sitting a table away eavesdropping. "I would be happy to help plan the party that is if you don’t mind."

"What makes you think that we need your help to plan this party, and why should we let you help us," Maria stared at her not sure what she was up too.

"First off I have tons of experience planning parties and secondly I can promise that no animals will catch on fire at my party."

"Okay stop! What’s this about animals catching on fire," Liz asked.

"Well the rumors around school last year stated that at Alex’s birthday party a cat caught on fire," she tapped her nails impatient to get back to the topic at hand.

"Cat on fire?! We didn’t set a cat on fire! It was a couch people," Maria stood up and looked at the surrounding tables. "Next time you spread a rumor at least get it right." With a huff she sat back down muttering, "If people are going to spread rumors they should at least be accurate about it."

"Um Maria that’s what a rumor is," Liz pointed out.

She snorted and turned back to Isabel who was staring at the both of them. "Alright so we might need some help with the party, but you still haven’t told us why."

Isabel looked between the two girls knowing that they were the keys to getting Alex back without her having to beg him to take her back. ‘Okay so maybe I should have realized a few weeks ago that he was the one for me, but having to deal with destiny kind of distracts a girl. I can’t tell them the whole truth, but I can’t exactly lie to them either.’

"I want to help out because Alex’s is my friend and he’s a great guy who deserves an awesome party. Plus I’ve kind of miss hanging around all of you," she told them realizing that she actually did miss the two of them as well as Alex. ‘Who would have thought it? That these two girls would become my friends. It’s funny how taking a different path brings unexpected and wonderful prizes.’

Liz smiled at her, but Maria was still looking at her suspiciously. Seeing the look she quickly told her, "Plus I can give you Michael’s location during lunch."

"Oh please, I can buy his lunch location from someone with a bag of cheetios and a cherry coke," Maria smirked. "You’re going have to do better than that."

"I can give you the spare key to his house and his hiding places in school," Isabel quirked her eyebrow at her hoping that Maria would take the deal.

"Hmm since I think Alex would be thrilled to have you at his party, then it’s okay with me. It’s a deal," she held her hand out and the two girls shook hands.

They turned to Liz who told them with a shrug, "I’m fine with it as long as nothing gets set on fire then it’s cool with me."

The three girls laughed and started planning what would be Alex’s party unaware of three set eyes staring at them uneasily.
Last edited by vegas312 on Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don’t sue me.
Summary: Based on a challenge by the lovely Trude. It’s Alex’s birthday and the girls’ get together to throw him a surprise party, but nothing is ever simple when you have aliens involved. The story takes place two weeks after Destiny.
AN: Sorry about the lateness of this chapter. RL has kept me busy and the muse is being cranky. Thanks for all the awesome feedback and five more chapters to go. Special shout out to Ella for reminding to go write, Lisa for always giving me her honest opinion, Trude for coming up with the challenge, and of course Mary for just being a kickass friend. Also RTds9fan and Aprilise it's good to see ya here. ;)

Chapter 3

“I still vote for doing the party at Chucky E. Cheese and saving us the hardship of trying to do something really great with a little budget,” Maria told the other two girls.

“Maria, we’re not doing a party at Chucky E. Cheese. I..er I mean we want this to be a memorable birthday party for Alex. Who remembers having a party at Chucky E. Cheese,” Isabel crossed her arms while trying to get Maria to see reason.

“You should ask yourself who doesn’t remember a party at Chucky E. Cheese,” Maria countered.

“You know I think you’ve been sniffing too much of that cedar oil if you think that.”

“What? Knowing you, you probably want to have the party at some fancy place where we have to take our shoes off,” Maria glared at her and the two were off arguing.

Liz looked on with a fascinated horror as the two went at it and traded insults for what seemed to be hours, but was really five minutes. She briefly thought about putting a stop to the argument, but with a shrug she laid her cheek on her hand and figured it was better if they got it out of their systems now instead of at the party. She looked around the cafeteria and her eyes rested on a dark haired figure sleeping at the table away.

Meanwhile across the cafeteria…

“Maxwell, are you seeing what I’m seeing,” Michael stared across the cafeteria and looked in disbelief at the three girls sitting together. Not hearing anything he turned to see Max sleeping on the table. Rolling his eyes he shook his friend and when that didn’t do anything he leaned over and whispered, “Hey here’s Tess coming this way.”

A second later Max opened his eyes and quickly sat up and looked around, “Where? I don’t see her.”

Turning back to his friend he saw Michael laughing to himself and Max scowled at him, “Now that was really mature Michael. You know I’ve been trying to hide from her all day and it didn’t help when she cornered me in chemistry class. I had just finally caught up with Liz and then next thing I know Tess is all on me.”

“Maxwell, most guys are happy to have two women fighting over them. You on the other hand run when girls wink at you.”

“Hey! I resent that. I do not run when girls wink at me or anything else,” Max glared at him.

“Riiight. Moving onto the topic at hand here. Do you see where your sister is sitting at? I’m telling you something bad is going to happen to me I can feel it.”

Max looked around for his sister and finally found her sitting with Liz and on closer inspection with Maria who he could have sworn was a blonde this morning. “Wasn’t Maria a blonde this morning?”

“Aaack! I thought we had an agreement that we would not mention that girl’s name whenever I’m around.”

“Oh Maria, Maria, Maria, she’s living the life of the West Side story,” Max started singing only for Michael to put his hand over his mouth.

“Shut up! I knew I was going to regret telling you about that Carlos Santana song,” he muttered and glared.

“You know I really hate to interrupt what I’m sure is a tender moment between the two of you but I need somewhere to sit since most of the tables are occupied.” Kyle Valenti stood in front of them with a lunch tray in one hand and his backpack in the other. Not waiting for permission he sat his tray down and tossed his backpack in the chair next to him. Sitting down he picked up his fork and started to eat his chocolate cake. “So what’s going on? Not that I really care, but my grandmother taught me to be polite at least.”

“Valenti, where the hell did you find chocolate cake at,” Michael stared at the cake with longing in his eyes.

“The lunch lady Sarah likes me so she saved me a piece. Now I know the two of you weren’t talking about chocolate cake so what’s up. Wait. This isn’t some kind of alien voodoo talk is it? If so then I’ll risk Maria’s wrath and go sit with her and Liz,” he looked between Michael and Max while gobbling up his cake quickly.

“Actually we were just talking about Maria or as Michael likes to call her ‘she who shall be name,” Max corrected when Michael’s elbow hit him the side.

“What about her,” Kyle mumbled around the cake.

“Well Michael here is getting all freaked out because Isabel is sitting with her and Liz.”

“I would be paranoid too if I had the ex sitting with the woman you’re supposed to be engaged to. They’re probably comparing notes on you. You know little things like, ‘oh girlfriend let me tell you the boy snores,” Kyle pitched his voice in a feminine voice while Max snickered and Michael glared.

“I am not engaged to Isabel! Who told you that anyway?”

“Oh Liz and Maria came over after the whole shooting and healing me and explained everything. Speaking of which, Evans how’s the little wifey?”

Not hearing anything Kyle looked up from his plate and found the two boys glaring at him. “What,” he asked innocently.
“What were Liz..”

“And Maria…”

“Doing at your house,” the two concluded together.

“To give me some tender loving caring. Just kidding. I’ve already told you they came to make sure I wasn’t planning to tell about what happened and to inducted me into the I know an alien club.”

Satisfied that he was telling the truth Michael nodded and said, “Okay back to the topic at hand. What are those three up to? I mean they haven’t hung out in two weeks and all of sudden they’re hanging out. Something bad is going to happen, I just know it.”

Kyle raised an eyebrow and asked Max, “Is he always this paranoid?”

“Oh you haven’t seen anything yet,” Max smirked.

“Ha ha. You laugh now, but I know a conspiracy when I see it. Now we need to find out what’s going on over there. We need to find someone that they would least expect to spy on them and send them over there.”

“Send who where,” a voice interrupted them.

The three guys looked to see Tess staring at them and none of them said anything as she sat her lunch tray down and got comfortable at the table. Picking up her fork she motioned, “Go ahead and finish telling Michael’s latest conspiracy.”

“You know I think I have an algebra test to study for,” Max started to stand up.

“Would you like me to leave and sit elsewhere,” Tess asked him bluntly. “I mean I kind of get that you don’t like me and that’s fine. I’m not going to waste my time chasing you so you don’t have to make up flimsies excuses to leave every time you see me.”

Not sure what was going to happen and hoping to break the tension Kyle cleared his throat, “So Michael who are you going to send over there?”

Relieved that there wouldn’t be any warfare or God forbid tears he quickly replied, “I don’t know, but I do know they’re up to something.”

“Who’s they,” Tess inquired.

“Iz, Liz, and that girl,” he gestured to the table across the cafeteria.

Tess followed his finger and turned to see the three girls talking at the table. Turning back to Michael she asked, “Why don’t you just ask Alex what they’re up too?”

“Alex?”

“Yeah. Isn’t he friends with all three of them?”

The three guys looked at each other surprised that they hadn’t thought of that.

“Ah crap. I never thought about it. I wondered where he’s at. I saw him leave earlier before Iz went to go sit with them.”

“He’s in the band room,” she told them. Before they could ask how she knew that she replied wryly, “Isabel dragged me there to a few times last week to watch his band rehearse while he wasn’t paying attention.”

“Alright we definitely need to find Alex and see what he knows,” Michael stood up while Kyle and Max looked at each other with a shrug and got up to join Michael in his madness.

The three turned to leave and stopped when Tess spoke up, “So can I come to?”

“No women allowed,” Michael nodded and the three left with her sputtering.

Tossing her fork on her tray she sighed, “This is just great. It’s like the last twelve schools I’ve been to over the years. I’m always on the outside looking in. I’m sick of this!” Turning around to stare at the three girls laughing with each other she felt a pang of envy at their closeness. Straightening her shoulders stood up and picked her tray and bag up and started towards them. “I can do this,” she muttered to herself and soon found herself at their table.

Three pairs of eyes stared up at her in disbelief. Maria sputtered, “Oh hell no.”

Isabel winced while Liz had a blank look on her face. “Um Tess what are you doing here?”

Maria opened her mouth to let her have it when Tess blurted out, “The guys are onto you and are going to tell Alex that the three of you are conspiring or something like that.”

The three girls looked at each other and smiled. “Oh now this will be fun,” Maria snickered. “Let them try. We’ll send them on a wild goose chase.”
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Summary: Post Destiny. Based on a challenge by the lovely Trude. Alex’s birthday is coming up in a few days and the girls are pulling out the stops to give him the best birthday there is. Just one problem…it’s a surprise and well the guys are wondering what the heck the girls are up to.

AN: Okay it’s exam week, but at the moment my brain is fried so I figured I might as well take a break and write some more. Also thanks to Ella and Mary for reminding me to update this. Rock on!

Chapter 4

The Band Room

Sitting on the desk, with one leg under him and the other swinging, Alex strummed his guitar and nodded his head at the beat. Pausing for a moment, he leaned over and wrote the note on the music sheet and with a quick glance at his watch wondered where in the heck was the rest of the band. “Well hopefully they’ll get here before the lunch period is up. All I can say is I hope they’re not in the bathroom again betting on those hamsters’ races. Whoever heard of having hamsters’ races?” He shook his head as an image popped in his head of the small creatures trying to outrace the other to get to the nut. “Next thing you know, they’re going to be having goldfishes fights and I don’t even want to think about how that would work.”

He sat the guitar down next to him and moved to stand up. Stretching his arms over his head, he leaned back against the desk and tapped his foot along with the music that was silently playing in his head. Looking at his watch again he sighed and muttered to himself about the lack of seriousness in today’s musicians, and moved to grab his guitar case when all of a sudden the door slammed into the wall with a bang. Not bothering to look up he placed his guitar case on the desk and called out, “You guys are late. You had better won the jackpot on those hamsters’ races otherwise all of you are in trouble.”

“Hamsters races,” a voice inquired. “Whitman, have you been sniffing some of Maria’s cedar oil? I told you that stuff would rot your brain.”

Alex turned around to see Michael, Kyle, and Max staring at him curiously. “Ha, ha, I have not been sniffing Maria’s cedar oil. So what’s going on, and why did you guys burst in here like that?” Alex looked behind the guys, “Is Maria behind you or something?”

Michael rolled his eyes, “No, Maria isn’t behind us and if she was what makes you think we would be running from her.”

“Oh I don’t know. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that every time she corners you, you tend to take off or pull off a mysterious disappearing act. Oh no wait I know…it’s the fact that if she catches you, you’re going to be a dead man er alien,” Alex smiled innocently at him.

Michael glared at him while Max and Kyle tried not to snicker. Michael turned around and glared at the two laughing behind him. Seeing the look Max smiled at him and started to sing, “Oh Maria…”

“Maxwell quit it before I sic Tess on you.”

Max quickly stopped singing and frowned at Michael, “That was a low blow, even for you.”

“Well anytime you want to sic Tess on me just call me at 555,” Kyle started reciting his number and stopped for a second. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his cell phone and scrolled through the phone book. Finding the number he wanted, he closed it, “Now where was I? Oh yeah tell her to call me at 555-KYLE or email me at sixpackkyle@yahoo.com.”

The three guys raised their eyebrows at him and Kyle looked up to see them staring. “What? Why are you staring at me?”

“Dude, how in the world did you forget your phone number,” Alex asked.

“Naw forget that, I want to know what’s up with his email name,” Michael shook his head and stared at Kyle and shook his head again.

“Does Liz have this email addy,” Max looked at Kyle suspiciously.

“Whoa! Whoa! We did not come here to talk about me, that’s what my fan club is for, we came to talk about Michael and his paranoid tendencies,” Kyle smirked at him.

“Maxwell, when you healed him did you enlarge his ego or was he like that already? Because if you did I’m sure I can fix it,” Michael held up his hand threateningly at Kyle.

“Now ladies don’t fight,” Alex quickly got behind the desk when all three guys took a step towards him. Holding his hands up and brandishing his guitar case in front of him like a weapon, he watched them wearily and said, “Now guys don’t do something you’ll regret. Don’t make me tell on you to the girls.”

Seeing that the guys were no longer after him he loosened his grip on the guitar case and kept a weary eye on them. “Now what’s this about Michael being paranoid?”

Michael grabbed a chair and turned it around and sat down. He nodded to the other guys to sit down and the three did after exchanging amused looks.

“Well Whitman it’s like this. As we speak the girls are sitting out in the cafeteria plotting against me. And when I say girls I mean Liz, Isabel, and,” he paused and the guys stared at him in puzzlement. Sighing he hit Max on the shoulder, “Maxwell, would you please tell them who the third girl were?”

Max shook his head at his friend, “Michael, what’s wrong with you saying Maria’s name? You act like she’s the devil or something and is going to come a calling if you mention her.”

“Yeah that’s the other one who was sitting with them, and Maxwell hell has no fury like a pissed off Deluca.”

“Amen brother. Let me tell you those Deluca women are crazy,” Kyle muttered.

The three guys stared at Kyle and briefly wondered what Kyle knew about the Deluca women but none of them wanted to ask for fear of what the answer was.

“So you’re basically telling me that because the three of them are sitting together that they’re out to get you,” Alex asked all the while trying not to laugh at the seriousness on his friend’s face.

“Yup, that’s the gist of it. So what do you think they’re up too? I mean you know how all their minds work,” Michael leaned forward and stared hard at Alex as if he had all the answers to the mystery of women.

“Um, Michael I hate to tell you this, but I seriously doubt the girls are conspiring against you. Maybe they decided to make up and be friends again,” Alex shrugged. “I mean it has been two weeks since any of us have actually sat down and had a conversation, so maybe they’re working through their problems.”

“Oh man, they got to Whitman before we got here,” Michael muttered to himself. “I better find some places to hide and change my locks. Once I walk out of school today who knows what will happen to me.”

“Is he always like this,” Kyle asked for the second time today.

“Worst,” Alex and Max told him.

“You know Michael how about we just go out there and see what they’re up too. I mean it’s not as if all four of the girls are hanging out together. Now if that was true then I would worry,” Alex stood up and hoisted his guitar case over his shoulder.

“Yeah maybe you’re right,” Michael shook his head.

“I’m glad that’s over with. Now can we get back to my chocolate cake,” Kyle asked while moving towards the door.

“Chocolate cake? Where did you find chocolate cake at? It wasn’t on the menu,” Alex followed the others out the band room.

“Apparently, the lunch lady has a thing for Kyle,” Max laughed.

“That’s just wrong on so many levels, exploiting the lunch lady for free cake. Hey! You think she has anymore?”

Meanwhile, the girls were still in a staring contest with Tess or rather Maria was staring at Tess. Isabel and Liz looked at the two girls and then back at each other and shrugged. “You know I read that it’s not healthy to stare for long periods of time without blinking,” Isabel reached over and grabbed one of Maria’s fries.

“Iz, stop stealing food off my plate,” Maria told her while continuing the staring contest with Tess.

“How did you know I was taking food off your plate,” Isabel took more fries off Maria’s plate.

“She has a built in radar when it comes to French fries,” Liz shook her head and reached over to steal one of Maria’s fries. “Oh they have the right proportion of salt on them too.”

“Liz! Stop! You have your own fries, so get off my plate.”

“Why? You’re not eating them, so no points in letting them go cold.”

“Oh for the love of all that is French fries holy, stop stealing my fries,” Maria broke off eye contact with Tess and turned around to grab her plate. Seeing Liz and Isabel laugh she swore, “All hell now look what you made me do. I was winning too.”

“Oh good I can blink now,” Tess closed her eyes and opened them and blinked. “Well I better head off and find somewhere else to sit.” She slowly started moving away but stopped when she heard her name called.

She turned back around to face the girls, and Liz searched her eyes for what seemed like eternity and finally said, “So want some of Maria’s fries.”

“Hey! Why are we giving away my fries? How about we give away some of yours,” Maria grabbed her plate back and started squirting ketchup on her food.

Tess walked back over and sat her tray down and dropped her back to the floor. She turned to Liz and said quietly, “thanks.”

Liz nodded and turned to look at Isabel. Isabel still feeling a tension at the table cleared her throat, “So about Alex’s birthday? I say we do maybe a theme type party.”

“That sounds like fun,” Tess told her.

“What kind of theme,” Liz moved her tray out of the way and pulled her planner closer.

“We could do different periods or favorite characters from movies, or maybe have a gala where everyone comes wearing dominos,” Isabel smiled.

“You want us all to come to party wearing masks in this weather,” Maria raised an eyebrow at her. “Girlfriend, people will be pulling the masks off before they get through the front door.”

“No, I think Isabel means like a half face mask, kind of like in the phantom of the opera,” Tess looked at Isabel for confirmation. “Right?”

“Yeah and the girls can wear dresses while the guys wear suits, although getting a guy to wear a suit when school is out might be a problem,” Isabel mused.

“Well we better figure it out soon as we only have three days left,” Liz reminded them. “Plus we still have to find somewhere to host it and get the invitations out. We got a lot of work to do.”

“How about we met after school and work on the rest? I only have the two exams left and I’ve already pretty much got those covered,” Isabel looked at the others.

The three girls nodded in agreement and with a look at the clock started grabbing their trays and getting ready to head off for their next exam.

The guys having arrived back to the cafeteria looked over to the see the four girls leaving through the other cafeteria doors laughing and talking. Michael turned to Alex, “Uh huh. Paranoid my ass. Now what do you think they’re up to?”
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Rating: Teen

Summary: Please look at previous chapters for a more detailed summary.

AN: Thanks for all the awesome feedback and only three chapters to go. Bring it! Lyrics below are by Howie Day and the song is “Collide.”

Chapter 5

Later that day, Liz’s room

“Attention people attention,” Maria clapped her hands to get the other girls attention. The other three girls stopped talking and looked at Maria wondering what was going on.

Seeing that she had everyone’s attention Maria crossed her legs and lean back against the bed and with a smile told them, “Ladies I have the perfect place to hold Alex’s birthday.”

“And where would that be,” Isabel inquired, hoping that Maria’s idea would actually be decent because for the last ten minutes they had all been shouting out places to hold the party.

“We can hold on it at the UFO center. I mean there’s plenty of space once we move all those exhibits out of the way and I’m sure my mom can persuade Milton to let us have it for a relatively small price.”

Isabel had started to open her mouth to object, but then thought about how there would be enough room to actually dance well once all the exhibits were all gone. “You know Maria I think that is the perfect place,” Isabel told her. Turning to Liz and Tess she asked, “So do we all agree?”

“Yeah come to think about it, it would be an ideal place although how we’re every going to convince Milton to move all his exhibits out of there is beyond me,” Liz told them while making a small note on her planner.

“Well if Maria’s mom can’t convince him then maybe I can go over there and give him a little bit of a nudge,” Tess wrinkled her forehead.

“No!” The three girls shouted.

“What? I was only joking,” a flash of hurt going across her face.

Isabel, Maria, and Liz traded uneasily looks as they realized that they had hurt Tess feelings. Maria nodded her head at Tess and mouthed to Isabel to say something and Isabel shook her head and mouthed back to Maria to say something. Liz sighed as she realized that nothing was going to get said as they were still all uncomfortable with each other well basically around Tess that was.

“We’re sorry Tess we didn’t realize that you were joking. We’re still not used to your powers as you’re pretty much the only one that has that particular power,” Liz gave her a faint smile.

“It’s okay. I guess it’s going to take us awhile to get used to each other,” Tess smiled ruefully. “Especially as it was only a few weeks ago when I was spouting the anti-human stuff.”

“Woo! Glad that’s over. We dodged a bullet there. I thought I was going have to strip or something to break the tension,” Maria winked and gave a little vamp shake.

“Maria!”

“I can’t believe you said that. No wait I can believe you said that,” Isabel laughed. “Oh God I feel for Michael when you do catch up with him.”

“Yeah, yeah but I am going to eventually catch up with him. It’s only a matter of time and patience and numerous stakeouts. Muwhaa!”

“Oh God help us she’s using the evil laugh,” Liz shook her head while the others laugh.

Before anyone could say anything, someone knocked on the door. Liz got up from the floor where she had been laying at and went to answer it. Opening the door, she found her father standing patiently on the other side holding a tray. “Hey Liz, I thought you and the girls would want a snack,” he gave the tray to Liz and said hello the other girls. Looking around the room curiously, he stared at the closed bathroom door for a second and briefly wondered if Max or some other horndog of a boy hiding out in there.

Liz knowing what her dad was doing just smiled and said, “Thanks for the snack and no dad there’s no boys in the bathroom.”

“What? I never asked if there were any boys in here. Although now that you mentioned it, are there,” Mr. Parker swept the room with a suspicious glare. “So what are you young ladies up to today? Studying for finals?”

“No I think we’re all pretty much done for finals, we just have the two left tomorrow and that’s it,” Isabel told him. “We’re just planning a surprise party for Alex.”
“A surprise birthday party for Alex? We’re talking about Alex Whitman right? Tall kid with a goofy sense of humor, who plays the guitar?”

“Yes, that’s him,” Isabel wondered why Mr. Parker sounded so alarm.

“Oh boy, oh boy. I better give the fire department a heads up that there might be a couch on fire again this weekend, and I do hope Alex’s aunt doesn’t wear a wig again,” Mr. Parker tried to sound serious but started laughing.

“Dad! You’re not helping, and I promise this year we won’t need a fire department.”

“Uh huh. I’ll just give them a heads up just in case. I’ll tell you what though there’s never a dull moment when the two of you throw a party,” he chuckled but stop when he saw Liz and Maria frowning at him. Straightening out his face, he asked Isabel, “So who’s doing the catering? Because you know the Crashdown has an amazing deal on catering.”

“Really? Hmm would we get a discount,” Isabel tapped her pen on her planner prepared to bargain if she would have to.

“Of course, as it’s for Alex’s birthday and it’s a good way to advertise the Crashdown’s catering business. I’ll give you girls the family discount, for free.”

“Oh that would be great Mr. Parker. Can you do maybe a buffet?”

“Sure that’s not a problem. I’ll give Liz the menu later and she can email a copy to you for approval. Alright I better get back downstairs and make sure Agnes isn’t on her million cigarette break of the day. Bye girls,” he left them with a wave.

Liz closed the door behind him and started passing out drinks.

“Okay so now we have food and possibly a place to hold the party at. Maria, can you call your mom and see if she wouldn’t mind asking Milton to rent us the UFO center this Friday,” Isabel checked an item off her planner.

“Sure no problem, I’ll call after I get out of the bathroom,” Maria stood up and stretched and did a happy dance or as Tess thought of it privately a, ‘I got to go pee-pee’ dance while the others started passing snacks around.

“Oh I made a list of things of things that need to be done by tomorrow and I’ve split everything up between the four of us depending upon each person’s skills and schedules,” Isabel pulled out sheets of paper from her folder and passed copies to Liz and Tess and placed a copy for Maria on the bed.

Tess and Liz looked at the list with raised eyebrows at the two page list of things to be done that was typed up in what had to be ten font and single spaced. Liz looked appreciative at the colorful charts and wondered whether Isabel was using word or word perfect.

“So now we just need entertainment and to figure out how many people we’re inviting to the party? I don’t want to invite the entire school, I was thinking more a small, intimate type party,” Isabel reached over and grabbed a chip.

“Intimate huh? Are you planning a private party for two,” Maria wandered out of the bathroom and plopped back on the bed. “Oh by the way my mom said she would be delighted to talk to Milton about using the UFO Center, translation meaning that we’ll more than likely get to use it.”

Maria picked up the two sheets of paper and started to read the list when she felt someone staring at her. Looking up she found the three girls staring at her, “What? I know I’m cute, but what’s up with the staring?”

“Maria, you called your mom when you were in the bathroom,” Tess asked.

“Is that the why the three of you are looking at me? Oh please it’s called multitasking and I called her after I was done and washed my hands so stop looking at me like that.” She pointed to the list and said, “You put the right person in charge of entertainment. We don’t want to end up with some old hack of a band that sings weird 70s tunes that my mom still boggy down too as she says.”

“You’re not singing,” Isabel asked in disbelief.

“No. Of course I’ll sing happy birthday to Alex because he shouldn’t be deprived of hearing my one of a kind rendition of happy birthday, but yeah I think a band would be kind of fun plus I have a green Martian to hunt down.”

“One of a kind rendition,” Tess asked curiously. “What do you mean?”

“You don’t want to know,” Liz interrupted before Maria could get a chance to tell her.

“Hey! Oh that’s it girlfriend you’re going down,” Maria picked up the small throw pillow next to her and leaned down and hit Liz in the head. “How do you like me now,” she teased.

Oof! “A pillow fight huh? I haven’t had one of those since Alex forbade us sneak attacking him with one,” Liz stood up and picked up the other pillow next to Maria and smiled innocently.

“Now Liz, you don’t want to start a pillow fight war. You can’t win,” Maria quickly got up off the bed and held her pillow in front of her like a shield.

“Oh but I think I do,” Liz patted her pillow.

Isabel and Tess looked between the two then looked at each other with a shrug as to say that their friends had obviously lost it.

Seeing that Liz and Maria were actually going to start a pillow fight, Isabel told them, “Don’t the two of you think you’re too old to be having a pillow fight?”

“I see someone hasn’t been in a pillow fight before,” Maria taunted at Isabel.

“Well I’ve only seen them on tv,” Tess perked up from the floor. “Are there going to be feathers everywhere?”

“Really? Oh you’ve been missing a vital part of the teenager’s education,” Liz nodded and gave Tess a wink before hitting Tess on the head with her pillow. Tess looked at her in disbelief.

“Okay this is getting way out of hand. We’re supposed to be planning a party not having a six years old pillow fight,” Isabel moved to stand up but fell back down when a pillow hit her dead in the face. “Maria, you don’t know what you’ve done,” she told her as she stood up and with a flick of the wrist the pillow flew and hit Maria on the face.

“Oh that’s it! Pillow fight,” Maria yelled. “It’s every woman for herself.”

Tess watched the three girls whack and chase each other around the room until Isabel threw a pillow at Tess, “Hey I’m getting beat by the humans here. A little help please?”

“Maria said every woman for herself,” Tess threw the pillow back at Isabel while Maria and Liz laughed.

“Alien smackdown,” Maria laughed until Tess hit her in the head. Soon all four of the girls were chasing each other around the room twirling pillows all the while ignoring the feathery mess that was starting to appear.

Across the street on the roof of the UFO Center

“Dude, can someone tell me why we’re on the roof when I could be at home studying for my biology test,” Kyle squinted up against the sun.

“Did Valenti just whine about not being able to study,” Michael asked in disbelief from his position as he continued to stare out from his binoculars.

“You know I think he did. Who knew that there was more to Kyle than sports and girls,” Alex smirked at Kyle and started strumming his guitar.

“Hey! There’s more to me than just sports and girls and girls,” Kyle protested.

“You said girls two times,” Max told him.

“Yeah I know. A guy got to have some kind of hobby,” he grinned. Ignoring the groans from the others Kyle turned to Michael and asked, “So what are the girls doing now? Making voodoo dolls of you and sticking them with pins?”

“Real funny Valenti, actually they’re making voodoo dolls of you. Look the doll is wearing a little varsity jacket too.”

“What?” Kyle crawled over next to Michael and tried to take the binoculars away. “Give me those Guerin.”

“No, get your own. I have to watch since the girls are out to get me,” Michael tugged the binoculars away from Kyle.

“No, not until I see that there’s no little Kyle doll out there that’s being stuck to death,” he grabbed the binoculars back.

Alex and Max snickered at the childish behavior of the two. “You think we should tell them there’s another pair of binoculars in my backpack,” Alex asked.

A small smile tugged at Max’s lips, “Nope. Let them fight it out for awhile and then we’ll tell them.”

“Why Max I never figured you for a jokester,” Alex grinned at him.

“Yeah well there’s never been much to joke about especially lately, but when I was younger I used to play tricks on Iz all the time when we were little. I miss those simpler times,’ Max leaned back on his elbows and stared at the sky.

“That’s understandable with everything that has happened in the past year, but you got to take the bad with the good and I got to say that despite everything I know now I wouldn’t have changed the last year at all,” Alex said seriously.

“Yeah that’s true,” Max nodded. “But I wish that we didn’t have to deal with the whole alien thing. I don’t want to think about being an alien hybrid king from another planet, all I want to do is to be able to spend the rest of the summer with the one girl who’s pretty much my whole world, but she doesn’t want anything to do with me.”

Alex seeing the unhappiness on his friend’s face told him, “Well don’t give up on her, you can still have that summer you’re dreaming about. Give it, rather give Liz some time and you’ll see that it will all work out. You got to have hope and if she doesn’t come around soon then I say take some action.”

Max looked at him intrigued, “What do you mean take some action?”

“What I mean is if all else fails and months start rolling by then you got to do something bold to capture her attention and let her know how important she is. I mean you can send her flowers for a whole week or write her a poem as cheesy as it sounds, or maybe one night just serenade her with a song.”

“Evans, stop listening to Whitman. Girls do not want to be serenade. I remember when I serenaded this girl in my sixth grade class and all I got to show for it was a temporary restraining order and her brothers chasing me four blocks,” Kyle muttered.

“You had a temporary restraining order against you? Wasn’t your dad the sheriff back then too,” Michael raised an eyebrow at Kyle.

“I know. That’s what I said when he gave it to me.”

Alex laughed, “I remember that. Kyle, you were serenading the girl with that Macarena song and if I remember correctly you were doing the dance too.”

“Hey man that song was the song of the year,” Kyle glared at him while Michael and Max tried to keep from laughing.

“Hey Valenti why don’t you get up and do your dance for us,” Max snorted. “I don’t think I remember all the dance steps.”

“You guys laugh now, but let me tell you there’s no such thing as a good song to serenade a woman too.”

“If you can’t think of one why not just write it,” Alex strummed his guitar and started singing.

“The dawn is breaking...
A light shining through...
You're barely waking...
And I'm tangled up in you. (yeah)
I'm open, you're closed.
Where I'll follow you'll go.
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again.”

“Show off,” Kyle threw a candy wrapper at Alex. Alex just grinned at him and continued singing. Kyle turned back to Michael and noticed that his friend was staring hard across the street. Wondering what was going over there, Kyle yanked the binoculars away from Michael all the while ignoring his protests.

“You guys are way too old to be fighting over binoculars,” Max shook his head.

“Yeah I’m with Max. I don’t think we should be spying on their privacy,” Alex had stopped singing and watched his two friends continue their battle over the binoculars.

“You say that now, but you would be fighting Michael too if you could get to watch the girls have a pillow fight. Wow there’s feathers flying everywhere. Now all they need to do is get into some lingerie and I’ll be set,” Kyle told them.

“Lingerie?”

“Feathers?”

Alex and Max pulled out the other binoculars and moved to see what was going on.

“You know if the girls ever found out that we were spying on them there will be some serious hell to pay,” Alex muttered from his position next to Max.

“Oh yeah!” The others responded and a chill ran down all their backs.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don’t sue me as I really don’t have anything to give you except tons of debts and a puppy dog face.

Summary: Post Destiny. See previous chapters for a more detailed summary.

AN: Thanks for all the awesome feedback and two chapters to go. This is dedicated to Ella who gave me several subtle hints to get my butt in gear and update before she hurt me. Just kidding…well about the hurting part I think! Enjoy! Also thanks to Mary for the awesome banner she made me, you can find it on the first page if you want to take a gander at it. The song below is “I’m Too Sexy” by Right Said Fred.

Chapter Six

The Next Day~ At the Mall

“Oh thank goodness today was the last day of the evil tests,” Maria told the others as she pushed dresses to the side on the rack and kept searching. “I mean if I had to answer one more question about the degree or whatever about a triangle I was going to lose it.”

“Maria, I think you already lost it,” Isabel laughed from the other side of the rack as she too searched for a dress.

“Hey at least I wasn’t as bad as that one girl I heard about who totally lost it in English class when she heard the final was all essay and started muttering to herself about holy water, a cross, and string of garlic. I mean come on what kind of exam do you expect to take in English class,” Maria shook her head as she thought of that poor girl who had lost it during the exam. “I tell you exams are evil.”

“Anyway before Maria starts giving us a rundown on all the craziness of exam week, let’s go through my check list for the party,” Isabel suggested and reached into her purse for her ever present planner.

Ignoring the groans from the others, Isabel uncapped her pen and started reading off the list. “Alright we got food as Mr. Parker is catering the event, the invitations were passed out at school earlier and most people RSVP before we left school today, we have a theme, got masks for everyone already, and let’s see what’s missing.” Checking each object off her list, she looked up at Maria and asked, “Did you find out about the UFO Center and did you get entertainment?”

“Yeah mom told me that she got permission from Milton to use the UFO Center although she says we better throw one heck of a party after what she had to go through in order to get it.”

“Uh oh…what did your mom have to do get Milton to agree,” Liz asked all the while knowing it had to be something weird for Ms. Deluca to say that.

“Well babe it’s like this, Milton only gave us permission in the event that my mom goes out to dinner with him. You know I don’t think I’ll ever hear the end of this from her, I really don’t,” Maria sighed dramatically.

“Okay wait your mom has to go to dinner with Milton,” Liz said incredulous. “Where is he taking her?”

Maria muttered something under her breath and the three girls leaned closer to hear what she said.

“Um Maria I didn’t quite catch that,” Tess cupped her ears and leaned closer.

“I said that he’s taking her to Chucky E. Cheese,” Maria glared at them and crossed her arms daring them to say anything.

“Chucky E. Cheese huh? Isn’t that the place with the huge rat that dances around and a lot of children go there,” Tess started but was interrupted when Isabel elbowed her in the side. Rubbing her side she asked, “What did you do that for? I was just saying that a lot…” Before she could say anything Liz elbowed her on the other side. “Ouch! What is wrong with you people and the place that I can’t name?”

Liz and Isabel just smiled at her and went back to the clothing racks as Maria gave them one final glare before going back to the racks. Tess looked at the three and rubbed her sides and decided that maybe she would have to search for a dress on the other side of the store where people didn’t elbowed her for no reason.

“So did you find any entertainment,” Isabel spoke up after a few minutes had passed.

“Yup I got one of my friends from band camp to do it. She’s really good and she has her own band so that’s a plus. Hey she might even give Alex a lap dance since it’s his birthday,” Maria drawled and tilted her head to catch Isabel’s expression.

“Lap dance?!” Isabel barely caught herself from screeching and took in Maria’s canary grin and briefly entertained the vision of zapping Maria. “This party is to going to be tasteful, elegant and a special night for Alex, not a raunchy event with strippers.”

“What’s wrong with strippers? Besides I didn’t say my friend was a stripper I just said that she might give Alex a lap dance for his birthday. I mean its Alex’s special day not yours.”

Hearing that Isabel raised an eyebrow and stared hard at Maria, “Excuse me? Are you trying to imply something?”

Tess having learned her lesson of asking questions looked between the two girls and with a sigh grabbed hold of Liz and pulled her off with her.

“Hey! Where are we going? I think I found the perfect dress,” Liz grabbed hold of a black mini dress as Tess continued to drag her away.

“Parker, you’ll thank me for this one day. Those two are about to have it out and I rather be across the room when the fireworks explode,” Tess muttered and rubbed her sides again with empathy.

Liz looked back at her friends who were still staring or was it glaring at each, “You might be right about that Tess. So did you find a dress yet?”

“Nope but I hope to find something over here because there’s no way I’m going back over there well not until the Deluca-Evans fight is over with at least.”

“Deluca-Evans fights,” Liz snickered. “Nice one.”

Tess grinned at her and started searching the new racks while keeping an eye on her two friends.

Unknowingly to the girls the four guys had followed the girls to the mall after school and were now in the department next over trying to eavesdrop on the conversations wondering what the girls were up to. Michael and Kyle were both leaning over a perfume counter trying to figure out what had made Liz and Tess scamper away to the other side of the store. Kyle held out a mirror and angle it towards the remaining girls and let out a whistle, “No wonder Liz and Tess hurried over to the other side of the store. I would too if I had to be up close and personal while Maria and Isabel have it out. I’m all the way over here and I fear for my safety or anyone else in a hundred feet radius. Man whatever Deluca is saying Isabel’s face is getting paler and paler. I don’t know if the girl is mad or what but it doesn’t look pretty nope it sure doesn’t.”

“Kyle, you’re an odd human you know that right,” Michael rolled his eyes at him.

“Yeah well you’re dating Maria, so who’s the odd one here,” Kyle smirked. Before Michael could respond, Kyle asked, “By the way have you seen the new Michael shirt of the day?”

“Why does everyone keep calling those shirts ‘Michael shirt of the day’? I mean just because she has a few shirts that make references to me doesn’t mean they’re the shirt of the day. I mean really how kindergarten is that,” Michael started ranting.

“Whoa! Timeout there little buddy,” Kyle snickered at the look on Michael’s face. “I was simply asking if you had seen the shirt of the day. I think it’s pretty cool if you ask me.”

“What’s pretty cool,” Alex stepped in front of the counter and raised an eyebrow at the two boys leaning over the counter with compacts in their hands. “Gee is there something you want to tell me? I know some musicians wear makeup but hey if that’s your thing then I say go for it.”

“You’re a riot Whitman. A real crack a laugh by the minute type guy,” Michael rolled his eyes again.

“What’s wrong with Michael,” Alex asked Kyle.

“Ah he’s just angry that Maria has a new ‘Michael shirt of the day’ on.”

“She does? What does it say today,” Alex grinned knowing that his best friend had taken the alien hybrid in front of him to task on her shirts.
“Well it says, “I paid $5.00 for this shirt, $30.00 for my jeans, $50 for my hair, $100 for the medication Michael Guerin has sent me on, $200 to get my Jetta fixed after being driven by the Pod Squad, and nothing to smack Michael Guerin on the head. The look on his face when he sees this shirt, priceless.”

Alex started laughing when he hear the end and stopped with a cough in between as he saw the look on Michael’s face. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he coughed and tried not to look at his friend’s face again. Feeling that a change of topic would be good, Alex asked, “So what are the girls up to? Anything new? Plans of world domination? Kidnapping Michael?”

“Nothing much except Maria and Isabel glaring at each other, I wonder what happened to set those two after each other’s throats again,” Kyle looked in the compact again to check on the girls. “Hey where’s Evans at by the way? I haven’t seen him since we came into this store.”

“Last time I saw him he was staring at Liz from afar,” Alex smiled.

“Quick someone save me from Maxwell’s mooning over Liz,” Michael shook his head. “Here we are seeing what the girls are up too and he’s hiding out in a dress rack staring at Liz. If that doesn’t signal the boy needs help then I don’t know what does.”

“This from the guy who’s leaning over a counter with a makeup compact staring at his former ex-girlfriend,” Max spoke from behind them. “And I wasn’t hiding out in the dress rack I was sitting in a chair.”

“Yeah, yeah same thing.”

“Are we going have to send the two of you to a timeout,” Kyle gave them a disappointed look and shook his fingers at them. “Now children if you don’t behave, then Uncle Kyle is going to send you off to bed without dinner.”

“Oh shut up!” Max and Michael told Kyle.

“You see how they treat me,” Kyle gave a fake sniff and clutched his heart. “I mean here I am hanging over a perfume counter for these guys and this is the thanks I get. I mean I feel the love I do.”

“Kyle, dude you need to try out for the drama club,” Alex winked at him. “I think it would suit you because you sure can be a prima donna.”

“Whitman don’t make me crush you,” Kyle gave him a fake glare. Ignoring the others laughing Kyle looked back into the compact, “Um guys I think we have a problem.”

“What kind of problem?” Alex moved to look in the compact.

“Oh a ‘the girls are pointing at us and are headed this way’ type problem,” Kyle sat the compact down. “Don’t know about the rest of you fellows but I don’t want to be here when they arrived.”

“How in the world did they know we were over here,” Michael sat his compact down and straightening up.

“Um that might be my fault. I think Liz might have sensed my presence earlier when I was on the other side of the store,” Max spoke up.

“Oh that’s just great. You had to get yourself connected with your girlfriend in such a way that she can now sense your presence,” Michael glared.

“Hey leave him alone. Max shouldn’t have to apologize that he and Liz are highly aware of each other. I think its great most of the time, but right now it really sucks. We need to move like now,” Alex looked at the others and started walking.

“Whitman doesn’t have to tell me twice,” Kyle followed Alex.

Michael and Max soon followed the two while the girls were just arriving at the perfume counter.

“Liz, are you sure you sensed Max here,” Maria asked. “You know what never mind I don’t know why I’m even asking you that, especially since the two of you always know where the other is at.”

Isabel traced her fingers on the counter and gave a small gasp as she got a small flash. “You’ll never guess who’s with Max here, besides Michael?”

“No clue but we really don’t have time to stand here and chat if we want to catch up with the two of them,” Maria tapped her watch impatiently.
“Alex and Kyle are both with them too. I don’t know what’s going on but I got a feeling the guys are trying to figure out what we’re up too,” Isabel frowned as she thought about the surprise party being ruined.

The four girls looked at each and each came to the conclusion that the guys were pretty close to finding out about the surprise party if they hadn’t figured it out yet.

“Alright we need to find them quick and distract them,” Tess spoke up. “I think they’re a few minutes ahead of us.”

“Good point. Let’s hurry so we can do damage control. I guess it’s a good thing we all got our dresses,” Isabel gave a small smile.

“Hey we’re not going to let them ruin the surprise so stop worrying,” Maria told her. Having settle their difference earlier, mostly Maria letting Isabel know that she wouldn’t stand for Isabel hurting Alex again and Isabel reinsuring her that she wouldn’t.

Isabel gave her a grateful smile and soon the four were walking around the store looking for the guys. Not sure where the guys could have gone the four came to the men department where there seemed to be a fashion show of sorts going on. The girls shrugged and sat down to see what was going on.

The announcer clapped as the last model went by and leaned into the microphone and said, “Alright here’s the new swimwear for this summer.”

Some girls in the audience whistled as the lights dim and the music started playing. Isabel started laughing as she recognized the song, and soon the four of them were singing right along enjoying the show.

‘I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hurts
And i'm too sexy for milan too sexy for milan
New york and japan
And i'm too sexy for your party
Too sexy for your party
No way i'm disco dancing

I'm a model you know what i mean
And i do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I do my little turn on the catwalk’

Her mouth dropped as she saw the next model on the stage.

“Wait a minute isn’t that Alex,” Tess asked as the woman next to her shriek and whistled.

“If that’s Alex does that mean the rest of the guys are coming out next,” Liz asked.

“Dang where’s my camera when I need it,” Maria dug through her purse.

Isabel closed her mouth as Alex strutted down the catwalk with a pair of black trunks on.

“If Michael comes out next wearing something like I’m not responsible for my actions,” Maria grinned.

‘I'm a model you know what i mean
And i do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I do my little turn on the catwalk’
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Author: vegas312

Summary: Please read the previous chapters for a more detailed summary.

AN: I'm finally back with an update. I'm so proud of myself. lol Thanks so much for all the feedback and for everyone that stopped by my author’s chat the other night, I had a lot of fun and some new ideas.

Thanks to Lissalou72, Aprilise, Ella1022 and others for stopping by. Also thanks to Truelovepooh whose video uses the song “Whatta Man” that got me to thinking. ;) Anyway the conclusion will be posted later on Monday. The songs below do not belong to me and copyright infringement is not intended.

Songs: Private Dancer by Tina Turner, Whatta Man by Salt and Pepper, What Kind Of Love Are You On by Aerosmith

Dedication: To Ella1022 for the late night chats and for always making me laugh. Also for giving me an idea as to what songs to use for this chapter and reminding me that I needed to update. To jbangelo for letting me nag her into a late night posting war and chatting with me. To cardinalgirl for as always inspiring me to get out there and do my thing. Thanks sweetie! To ilymeforever, who always believe in me even when I want to give up and stop writing. For Trude, Kara, and Karen for being keeping the stargazing alive. Also thanks to Killjoy for the pm which made me laugh. ;) And yes I can imagine that song being played in the last chapter.

Chapter 7

Lights twirled and music pulsed through the speakers as shoppers clapped their hands and whistled as the swim suits models walked the catwalk. Alex got to the end of the catwalk and entertained thoughts of strangling Michael and Kyle for this new plan of hiding in plain sight. ‘Plain sight huh,’ Alex sighed to himself. ‘I don’t see them out here wearing this napkin that the designers are calling swimming trunks.’ Stopping at the end of the catwalk like he had been instructed too, he started to turn back around when he gazed over into the crowd and tried not to blush when he met four pairs of eyes.

Not sure what to do, he could only blink as Maria grinned at him before taking a picture while Liz and Tess shouted and hollered. “Oh my god, oh my god,” he muttered to himself. “I got to warn the others that the girls are out there with a camera no less,” he got ready to turn when he caught Isabel winking at him. “Did she just wink at me,” he asked the model next to him who was trying to get Alex to move.

He looked again and sure enough Isabel gave him another wink. “Oh heart be still,” he winked back her before straightening his shoulders and continue walking back down the catwalk.

Finally off to be the runway, Alex turned to find his friends and broke out in laughter when he caught a sight of Max. “Who wear short shorts? Max do that’s who,” he sang while ignoring his friend’s glare.

“Real funny Alex,” Max rolled his eyes and feeling self-conscious pulled at the navy blue shorts that had a white strip going down the side. Silently wishing that he had been given a shirt or even better that Michael and Kyle hadn’t come up with this crazy plan he pulled more at the shorts.

“Darling, darling, you look marvelous. Now we if could get you to stop pulling at those beautiful shorts I made that would make me feel better,” a tall woman standing six feet in heels with short black hair had rushed up to them and started circling Max. “Yes, I, Rachel, am happy with this presentation of my work,” she gave a small clap of her hands and leaned forward and air kissed Max twice. “I am a genius,” she chirped before turning to Alex. “And you, you were great. That pause at the catwalk made my heart jumped, but you pulled it off. It makes me want to kiss you or something. Oh what the heck,” she grabbed a surprised Alex and kissed him while Max looked on in amusement.

A few minutes later she let go and with a fluff of her hair took off while screaming for her assistant and demanding someone bring her coffee. A wide eyed Alex turned to find Max looking at him with a raised eyebrow and a smirk on his face. “Gee Alex, who knew you were such a ladies man? Does Isabel know about this reputation of yours?”

“Whoa! Whoa! I do not have a ladies reputation or any of kind of reputation,” Alex sputtered and tried not to blush but failing horribly at it. “I don’t know why Rachel kissed me,” he was interrupted by Max.

“So it’s Rachel now? Hmm you’re on first name basis already,” Max grinned wickedly.

“Yeah well you laugh now, but wait until you get on the catwalk and you see,” Alex stopped as the thought crossed his mind that he shouldn’t be the only one to suffer the embarrassment. As he looked at his shy friend he realized that he couldn’t send him out there without a warning first. “Hey Max there’s something you should know before you go out there,” he started but was interrupted as Rachel came by and dragged Max away.

“Oh boy, this can’t be good,” he muttered before hurrying over to see what happened next. He grinned as he heard the new song being played and started singing along.

“ I`M YOUR PRIVATE DANCER
A DANCER FOR MONEY
I`LL DO WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO
I`M YOUR PRIVATE DANCER
A DANCER FOR MONEY
AND ANY OLD MUSIC WILL DO”

Meanwhile, the girls were talking about Alex’s appearance at the catwalk and debating whether the rest of the guys were coming out.

You know I wonder how the guys ended up in a fashion show,” Tess asked over the screaming that was coming from a group of girls behind them.

“Who knows? I bet you this was a Michael and Kyle idea,” Maria snorted as she went through her purse looking for film. “I hope I got more film because this my friends is prime blackmail material.”

“Hmm, Alex has been working out. He’s more tone than the last time I saw him,” Isabel sighed.

The girls looked at her in amusement. “Gee Isabel, is there something you want to tell us? Maybe it involves you and Alex without his shirt on some late night,” Maria smirked.

“More like her with binoculars hiding out in Alex’s bushes,” Tess muttered.

“Tess!” Isabel glared at her. “Zip it!”

“Okay wait, did I miss a ‘how to stalk your ex meeting?’ Because you know that’s illegal in fifty states,” Maria tried not to laugh as Isabel turned to glare at her.

“Now, now, let’s all behave. We’re supposed to be watching for the boys not trading tips on stalking,” Liz said calmly. “But if Iz wants to share how she hid undetected in the bushes then I’m all ears,” she snickered.

“Oh that’s it! A few people I know are going to be having nightmares about the Sheriff doing a strip tease,” Isabel smiled sweetly at the three as all laughter stopped. Content that no one would mention her night trips to Alex’s house, she returned her focus back to the catwalk to see who was coming out next.

Listening to the new song that was going, she laughed, “Who is choosing these songs?”

“DEUTSCHMARKS OR DOLLARS
AMERICAN EXPRESS WILL DO NICELY - THANK YOU
LET ME LOOSEN UP YOUR COLLAR
TELL ME DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE SHIMMY AGAIN”

“So Iz, did you use camouflage and war paint,” Maria started when she caught a look at the next model. “Can I get a double scoop of that,” she waved her hand in front of her as she caught sight of Max walking tentatively down the catwalk.

“Maria!” Liz crossed her arms across her chest and glared at Maria.

“What? Why are you yelling at me? I can’t help it if your boyfriend is showing off his package for the whole mall to see. Besides you probably want a triple scoop yourself,” Maria winked at her.

Liz shook her head at Maria and went back to staring at Max. ‘Triple scoop? Triple scoop so wouldn’t be enough,’ she moaned to herself as Max paused at the end of the catwalk.

“Okay wait, is that what I gave up,” Tess elbowed Liz playfully. “Can I get a refund,” Tess drawled.

“Oh no, he’s all mine. Mine, mine, mine,” Liz gave a huge smile while the other girls laughed.

“Tell us how you really feel,” Isabel teased.

“Shake it, shake it, shake it,” a brunette screamed from the other side of the runway.

“Someone remind me to stop by the office supply later so I can get some post its,” Liz grinned mischievously.

“Babe, why do you need it post its?” Maria asked curiously.

“Because they hurt less than staples and I can just stick the post its on Max,” she grinned.

All three girls busted out laughing as they figured out what Liz was planning, and soon the four turned back to watching the runway and watched as Max exited, and more swimwear models came out and pretty soon the lights changed as the music ended.

“I wonder who’s coming out next. If it’s Michael I’ll eat my pocketbook,” Maria patted the small purse on her lap. “At least I got some good pictures of Max and Alex. Hey, you know there would be tons of girls at school who would money to see these pictures. Maybe I’ll post them on my website later tonight.”

“Maria, I didn’t know you had a website,” Tess told her. “What’s it called?”

“Oh it’s called the “X-Files,” she blinked innocently and continued, “you can find it at http://www.blownoutofspace.com.”

“Is she serious,” Tess asked in disbelief.

“Yes,” Liz and Isabel said together.

“Oh. Do I even want to know?”

“No!” Both girls told her together again.

“And Maria there will be no posting of these pictures on your website,” Isabel looked at her friend.

“I don’t see why not. I mean if I had pictures of Michael I would post them on the site, although he would probably find out and get Alex to hack my site and crash it,” she muttered fighting the urge to go check on her site.

“I think it’s pretty cool that Maria has a site and if she wants to post pictures of the guys I don’t see what’s wrong with that,” Tess smiled at the three girls.

“You say that now, but you just wait until she’s snapping pictures and wanting to post them on her site,” Isabel started but stopped as a new song came on and models started walking down the runway. “Seriously, who’s picking these songs?”

“ What a man, what a man, what a man
What a mighty good man
What a man, what a man, what a man
What a mighty good man
What a mighty good man
What a mighty good man”

The new models walked down the runway wearing suits with some carrying their suit jacket over their shoulders and had their dress shirts open.

“Man I need to come to the mall more often,” Liz sighed.

“You and me both,” Tess sighed next to her. A second later the girls stared at the sight before them of one Kyle Valenti strolling out or should they say strutting out with his hair slick back from his face while wearing a cream suit pants with his blue shirt unbutton and carrying his jacket. The girls behind them started screeching as he kept pausing down the runway to stop and wink at various girls.

Tess shook her head at the sight and turned to glare at the girls behind her who were screaming even louder. She turned back around and crossed her arms and glared at Kyle. “Does he have no decency,” she muttered.

“I knew Kyle was built, but I got to say what I’d imagined was an understatement,” Maria craned her head and took a picture.

Liz and Isabel snickered at the small growling noises that were coming from Tess as Maria continued to take pictures and pointed out Kyle’s abs out to the girls behind her.

Finally tired of the whole thing and battling down some new emotion that she didn’t dare investigate, Tess grabbed Maria’s camera out of her hands and gave her a look that dared her to come get it back.

“Gee Tess, what’s the matter? I thought you didn’t mind if Maria took pictures of the boys,” Liz bit her lip from laughing even more.

“Oh shut up Parker. Next time I’ll leave you with Maria and Isabel when they get into it. See the thanks I get for trying to save someone,” Tess muttered darkly and glared at Kyle who had spotted her and waved. “Men! Bah!”

“Aww we’re just teasing you,” Liz hugged Tess’ arm.

“Yeah Tess we’re just teasing you,” Isabel leaned over and squeezed Tess’ hand.

“I know, I know, but I vote we don’t let Maria post these pictures up,” she grinned at them.

“Hey!” Maria tossed her hair back and sighed dramatically. “My friends are keeping me back from being a great photographer. I am an artist.”

The girls laughed at her dramatic posed and soon all was forgotten as they watched the models leave the stage.

“Maybe we should go back there and corner the guys before they decide to make a run for it,” Isabel moved to stand up.

“Good point. I’m sure they’re back there plotting their escape as we speak,” Tess got up too and her eyes narrowed as she thought about a small talk she was planning to have later with a certain blonde human boy.

“It’s fine with me. The sooner we find them the sooner I can get to the store and get some post its,” Liz stood up as well and smiled innocently at the girls.

“Babe you’re bad,” Maria shook her head and got up and stretched. “Alright let’s go before Michael’s paranoia kicks in and he decides to get the hell out of Dodge, excuse my French, and I miss my chance to talk to him.”

While the girls were getting to make their way to the backstage, the guys were huddled in a circle trying to decide what to do next.

“Can someone remind me who the hell came up with this idiotic plan,” Kyle looked around making sure the girls hadn’t popped up backstage yet.

“Yours,” Alex glared at him.

“And his,” Max turned to glare at Michael.

“Hey how was I supposed to the know the girls were going to find us back here? It seemed like a good plan at the time, besides I didn’t hear the two of you coming up with any ideas at the time,” Michael crossed his arms and glared back.

“Guys we really don’t time to be fighting among ourselves,” Kyle reminded them. “We’re supposed to be oh I don’t know…getting the hell out of here before the chicks show up.”

“I hate to say this but I’m with Kyle,” Alex grinned at his friend. “No offense.”

“Whatever Whitman,” Kyle rolled his eyes at him. “Don’t make me toss you in a trashcan.”

“Don’t make me get Maria on you,” Alex’s grin got bigger.

“Deluca doesn’t scare me,” Kyle said while trying to reassure himself.

“You say that now.”

“Hey we had a rule. There will be no talk of she who shall not be name,” Michael elbowed Max.

“Ouch! For the love of all that’s good, Michael what’s so hard about saying Maria’s name,” Max rubbed his side.

“I just told you we’re not allowed to say her name.”

“Guys! Focus here. We need a plan,” Alex cut in before Max could reply back.
The group was interrupted when Rachel suddenly walked over and moved next to Michael. Grabbing hold of his arm she dragged the startled alien hybrid behind her while lecturing him. “I’ve been looking for you all over. The next set is about to begin and the DJ is all ready to play the next song. And where do I find you? Huddling with your cute friends. Now darling we don’t have time for this as we must continue with the show.”

“But, but, I’m not doing any fashion show,” Michael glared at the tall woman and tried to scare her off.

“Oh but you are, and sweetie that look doesn’t scare me. I’ve worked with temperamental models for over ten years now and that look is nothing to what I’ve seen,” she patted him on the butt before pushing him on the stage.

Nodding to the DJ to play the next set, she motioned to the other models to follow Michael. She smiled happily as she watched Michael move down the runway.

The guys stared in shock at what had just happened and with a look at each other quickly ran over to the curtain to see Michael’s reaction to being on the runway.

“I hope Maria is taking pictures,” Kyle grinned as he watched Michael, who usually wore his hair straight up in spikes now had his hair flowing around his face, and wearing dark jeans and a white dress shirt that was left unbutton.

“Hey Maria love this song,” Alex hummed the lyrics.

“You say one thing, then you do another
You got it all wrong so you blame it on your mother
Youre kickin the dog, but you cant get the cat
You know it aint cool, but you like it like that

Everybody talkin bout what it is, what it aint
Kiss on the devil, and you piss off a saint
But it cant be love if you dont have to crawl
You say you dont need nothing, but youve got to have it all

I wanna know, what kind of love are you on? “

“Maria likes what song,” a familiar voice said from behind them causing the three boys to freeze up.

“Ah crap the stuffing has hit the fan,” Kyle groaned and the three guys turned around as one to see Maria, Liz, Isabel, and Tess staring at them expectantly.

“Ladies, how are you,” Alex smiled hoping to change the subject and silently thanking God that he had changed after getting off the runway.

“Cut the crap. Where’s Michael?” Maria tapped her fingers against her shopping bags.

“Um, he’s well around,” Max fidgeted under the look the girls were giving him.
“Around huh? Around where,” Maria stared at Max who tried not to drop his gaze. Not getting anything from him she turned to look at the other two guys who looked everywhere but at her. Narrowing her eyes she glanced towards the stage her eyes widen when she caught sight of Michael walking the runway coming back towards her. She saw the girls in the crowd scream and if possible her eyes narrowed even more to dangerous slits. Turning to Isabel she smiled, “How about you and Alex go take a walk while we talk to the guys about their new stalking habits?”

Isabel stared at her for a minute before smiling back and loping her arm through a now smiling Alex. He gave a small wave to the guys and headed off while the other guys looked pleadingly at him. “Bye guys!”

“So we can do this the easy way or the hard way,” Maria started. “But I think we’re going to wait for I’m a big bad paranoid alien to get back here first.”

“You don’t scare me. I don’t have to take this,” Kyle spoke up while edging away slowly and dragging Max with him.

“Oh really? Tess and Liz what do you think,” Maria turned to the other girls.

“Well I think we can figure out something,” Liz grinned.

“You guys should be scared especially Mr. I’m a big flirt,” Tess crossed her arms and stared at Kyle.

“Who me?” Kyle pointed to himself.

“Yeah you!”

“Are all Czechs paranoid?” Kyle would soon found out that one should never piss off an alien hybrid especially a female hybrid.

While the guys were getting lectured, Alex and Isabel were strolling along the mall quietly. She stole quick glances at him and turned away before noticing that he stole glances at her as well.

“So how have you been? Did you do okay on your finals,” he gently inquired.

“Yeah I did okay,” she smiled at him.

“Glad to hear it. But you still didn’t answer my question. How are you? You know what with the whole seeing your real mom and all.”

“Well I’m doing better than I was a few weeks ago,” she gave a wry smile.

Alex stopped at a bench and sat down and grabbed a hold of Isabel’s hand and gently pulled him down next to him.

The two sat in silence and watched shoppers go past them.

“I wonder if the guys are alive,” Alex chuckled.

“I doubt it,” she laughed softly.

The two shared a laugh and when they stopped stared at each other waiting for the other to say something.

“You know I’ve missed you Alex,” she dropped her eyes and stared at her hands in her lap.

He reached over and grabbed one of her hands and gave it a squeeze. “I’ve missed you too.”

She turned to look at him and smiled happily.

“So are you going to tell me about my surprise birthday party?”

“What? What party?”

“My birthday is in two days and every year without fail even with me protesting the girls always throw me a surprise party. I figured you were helping them,” he told her.

“But if you knew, why are the guys following us,” she asked in confusion.

“Oh I thought it would give the girls a chance to finally talk with the guys and vice versa. Plus it was fun seeing Michael and Kyle all worked up,” he grinned at her.

“Alex C. Whitman, you’re a bad guy,” she chuckled.

“Don’t I know it.”
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Summary: Post Destiny. See previous chapters for a more detailed summary.

AN: Thanks for all the awesome feedback, and I was planning to conclude this story with this last chapter but it got too long so it’s being split into two chapters. LOL The final part will be posted later this weekend since I got to finish up the next part for Apocalypse, which will be updated either Tuesday or Wednesday so keep an eye out if you're reading that story. Song below is “I will remember you” by Sarah Mclachlan, which I do not own so please don’t sue me.

Chapter 8

As another girl screamed as he walked the runway, Michael’s scowl got even deeper and as he started the walk back towards the backstage an intense feeling of someone glaring at him washed over him. ‘Probably Maria sitting in the crowd yelling at some girl. I hope she’s not taking any pictures.’

Pushing the curtain aside he froze as he came face to face with his worst nightmare, an angry Maria Deluca. He looked around and noted that there were no exit routes that didn’t take him away from Maria except for the runway behind him, as he contemplated his options and wondered how hard would it be to escape through a crowd full of screaming women. Before he could make up his mind a hand grabbed his wrist and dragged him over to stand next to Kyle and Max, whom were smirking at him.

He gave them a small glare before a hand reached over and smacked him on the side of his head. “Ouch! What the hell is the matter with you,” he turned his glare at the small brunette glaring back at him. “And what is up with your hair color? Next thing you know, you’re going to dye it purple. Are you having some kind of identity crisis or something?”

“Excuse me? Identity crisis?” Maria said the words slowly, which caused the others to move a few inches away from her.

“If anyone is having an identity crisis that would be you,” she poked him in the chest. “Mr. I can’t be with you because I got to be prepare for alien invasions.”

“Maria! Would you lower your voice,” Michael looked around making sure no one heard her.

“Oh! Now you know my name huh?”

“Guerin doesn’t know it, but he’s in for it now,” Kyle snickered.

Tess having heard him turned around and grinned evilly, “Oh but he’s not the only one who’s in trouble. Paranoid am I?”

“Now Tess that was a joke. You know, ha ha, it’s funny,” Kyle said earnestly while moving Max in front of him. “Friends joke with each other and since we’re friends we can make jokes.”

“Friends? We’re friends,” her face softens up as she asked softly.

Kyle moved from behind Max and threw his arm around Tess and hugged her to his side. “Yeah we’re buddies, which is a good thing because I’ve already got too many women chasing me wanting to be my main girl, and half of them are in my fan club.” Feeling her stiffen up next to him, he looked down to see her expression change from hurt, to sadness, and then anger.

Knocking his arm aside she dropped her bags and laid her hands on his chest and smiled seductively at him. Caught unaware by her new expression he wasn’t prepared when she gave him a shove that sent him to the floor. “What was that for,” he looked at her with a dazed and confused expression on his face.

“If you don’t know then I’m not telling you,” she shook her finger at him.

“Hang out with Maria for one day and now she’s all ready to go Xena: Warrior Princess on me,” he muttered.

Liz covered her mouth to keep the laughter in as she watched Maria and Tess lecture Michael and Kyle as they listened with a look of confusion on their faces.

“What’s wrong with you that you can’t keep your clothes on?”

“How hard is it to say my name?”

“Do you have no decency?”

“Instead of talking things out you just decide you’re going to leave. It takes two to make a relationship work.”

“This so called fan club of yours is going to be dismantle starting NOW.”

“Does this conversation amuse you?”

“Friends my ass.”

“This can go one or two ways, and you better pick the right one.”

Liz stood silently laughing as the girls took turns taking their guys to task even though the guys seemed to have no clue that they were in a relationship or about to enter a relationship. Feeling someone staring at her, she looked up to find Max grinning at her. She gave him a smile in response, and taking that as a sign he walked over to her and the two stood in silence while watching the scene before them.

“So…”

“So…”

Not sure what else the two just continue to stand there watching the others. Liz turned to look at Max and found him staring at her. His ears redden at being caught staring at his lady love. “Um, I’m sorry about that.”

“It’s okay I was actually turning to sneak a peek at you,” she laughed.

“Really now? Do you like what you see,” he wiggled his eyebrow at her.

“I got to say that I do,” she fluttered her eyes coyly. “But I must admit those shorts you had earlier were a really nice look.”

“Oh God.” Heat filled his face and he covered his face with his hands. “Please don’t tell me that Maria took pictures.” Peeking through his eyes he watched as her grin got bigger at the mention of pictures and groaned.

“Aww it’s okay. I’m not going to let her show the pictures around or post them on her website. I’m just going to put them on my wall at home,” she pulled his hands away from his face. Deciding that now was the time to be a bit bold she moved closer and slipped her arms around his neck.

“Wait, Maria has a website,” he started but stopped as he realized that Liz was in his arms again. “So what does this mean? What about destiny?”

“As Maria says, ‘destiny sucks.’ Besides I think Tess might have her eyes on someone else, in particular Kyle. And as someone once told me, ‘we make our own destiny.’”

“That person is really wise,” he grinned at her before leaning down only to be stop by the clearing of a throat and someone coughing.

The two turned to find their friends staring or rather glaring at them.

“Liz babe, what are you doing? There’s no socializing with the enemy,” Maria crossed her arms and tried not to smile.

“What? I’m not socializing. This, this is a punishment,” Liz grinned at her friend.

“If that’s a punishment then someone sign me up for it,” Kyle got up from the floor and winked at Tess, who crossed her eyes at him. “You know if you keep doing that, your eyes are going to get stuck like that.”

Tess opened her mouth to say something, but was interrupted by Rachel, who looked in amusement at the group. “Now darlings, I must say that you guys were great in the fashion show. Oh I must have all of you for my next show,” she clapped her hands excitedly.

Moving next to Kyle, she traced her forefinger on his cheekbones and tapped his nose. “Ah such masculinity and your performance on the runway was great. You will not disappoint me by not doing my next show will you?” Rachel ran her fingers over his lips before moving away. “And you, with those eyes and that hair,” she winked at Max before dropping her gaze. “And let’s not forget those abs.”

She turned to stare at Michael who grabbed Maria and wrapped his arms around her. Grinning, Rachel shook her head at him. “Oh you and your cute tush. Alright darlings if you change your mind about modeling call me.” With that she blew kisses at them before walking away screaming for her poor assistant.

“I don’t know who to feel more sorry for, her assistant or us,” Michael muttered and Kyle and Max muttered their agreement.

“Is there something we should know,” Liz caught the look between the three guys.

“No!”

The girls raised their eyebrows at the guys before Maria cleared her throat and looked at the guys pointedly. “So you want to tell us why you’ve been stalking us?”

“Stalking? Who was stalking? Stalking is such a strong word,” Max said quickly in the hopes that the girls wouldn’t ask anymore questions.

“The real question should be what have the four of you been doing together. What’s going on? If there’s an alien attack then we should know about it,” Michael spoke up.

“Alien attack?! There’s no alien attack except for the one I’m about to commit against you. You guys almost ruined Alex’s birthday party.” Maria gasped as she realized what she had revealed. “Oh crap. Isabel is going to kill me.”

“A birthday party? You mean to tell me that we’ve been running around here like crazy people because you’re planning a birthday party for Alex,” Kyle asked.

“Yeah we’re just planning Alex’s birthday,” Tess smiled at him.

“Cool. Bring on the cake,” he grinned.

“Oh God. If Isabel finds out she’s going to kill me,” Maria groaned and buried her face in Michael’s chest. Michael looked down at her and patted her back not sure what else to do, but hoping like hell she didn’t start crying.

“I’m sure it’ll be okay as long as Alex doesn’t know. I mean Isabel can be reasonable,” Max told her.

“He’s right Maria. As long as Alex doesn’t know we’re okay. Plus the guys can help us out with the surprise,” Tess gave her a bright smile. “This will be great now that we got more help and the guys can help move the stuff in the UFO Center.”

Maria moved out of Michael’s arms and turned to face the others. “You know you’re right. As long as Alex doesn’t know then everything is fine, and the guys can help too.”

“Speaking of Alex, where did he and Isabel go,” Liz asked. The others shrugged not sure where the two had gone off too.

Meanwhile Alex and Isabel were sitting on a bench laughing as each took talking about what had been going on for the past two days with their friends. Alex had just finished telling Isabel about finding Kyle and Michael leaning over the makeup counter holding makeup compacts.

“Oh God! I wish I could have seen that,” Isabel let out a giggle. “Where was Maria and her camera when it was needed? No wait Tess took it after Maria kept taking pictures of Kyle’s abs and talking about it to these girls sitting behind us.”

“Tess took the camera away from Maria,” Alex asked and laughed when Isabel nodded. “I wish I could have seen that.”

“She was so jealous and in total denial about her feelings for Kyle. I have no idea when those two started liking each other, but I’m glad for them.”

“Well I guess we should be getting back before the girls come looking for us while dragging the guys behind them,” Alex grinned before standing up.

“Good point,” she started to stand up, but she stayed seat. “Um Alex can we sit a little longer? I wanted to talk to you about something.”

“Sure, what’s up? Is this about my birthday present? Please don’t tell me the girls got me another knitting certificate,” he paled. “I swear they forget I’m a guy sometimes. I’m all male, all male,” he thump his chest and winced at the pain.

Isabel dropped her head and her hair concealed her face while she tried not to laugh at what was obviously an important subject. Finally feeling it was safe and that she wouldn’t laugh, she looked to see Alex pouting at her and a snicker escaped before she could control it.

“I’m sorry Alex, but you were pouting and I couldn’t help myself,” she giggled again.

“Sure, sure laugh at my manliness,” he pouted some more before smiling at her. “It’s good to hear you laugh again.”

“Thanks,” she ducked her head with her hair shading her face as a feeling of shyness overcame her. She didn’t know why she was feeling so shy, but whenever she got around him she sometimes felt as if he was seeing through her many layers and finding the person she really was. While she had dropped her façade around him, a part of her still feeling the need to protect herself had kept him from truly seeing all of her and so she kept him from really knowing how she really felt about him.

Alex sat patiently waiting for Isabel to say more hoping that she wasn’t about to give him another ‘we should be friends’ speech because he wasn’t sure if his heart or his band could handle it again. ‘There’s only so many love sucks songs I can write before the guys start rebelling on me.’

He was startled out of his thoughts by Isabel calling his name. “Huh? Oh sorry I was thinking about er um a new song that I might write.”

“That’s great Alex. You’ll have to play it for me sometime,” she pushed her hair away from her face and gathered her courage. “I’m sorry for how things ended between us. I was wrong in not letting you in and helping me deal with everything that had happened instead choosing to push you away. Everything had happened so fast and I didn’t know what to do and by the time I realized what I did wanted it was too late and I was too stubborn to say anything.”

“Isabel, I understand why you wanted some time to think. I mean we had just gotten together when you got hit with the mom-o-gram, so I totally understand your need to think things out for yourself. If you had wanted a shoulder to lean on then I would have been happy to be that shoulder, and whenever you need a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen to you rant then I’m here for you.”

“Oh,” tears gathered in her eyes at his words. Blinking them back she turned away and gave a small sniff before turning back to him. “Do you think that maybe we can start all over again? Maybe go on a date after your birthday party?”

“I think I would like that,” he grabbed her hand and linked their fingers together. They stared at each other both before blushing profusely and looking away.

“I guess we better get back to the others and see if the guys are alive,” she stood up and tugged him up with her. Snickering at the image he got up and the two started back towards their friends all the while swinging their clasped hands and sometimes stopping to stare at displays.

Seeing the record store Alex pulled Isabel in the store with him and continued walking around until he got the listening area where headphones hung and customers could listen to music. Placing the headphones on a confused Isabel’s head, he pulled the headphones away briefly and told her quietly, “This song reminds me of you and me.”

He placed the headphones back to her ear and turned around to press play and stood back and watched her listened to the music.

Familiar with the song she hummed along and started singing along with it.

‘I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Dont let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

Remember the good times that we had?
I let them slip away from us when things got bad
How clearly I first saw you smilin in the sun
Wanna feel your warmth upon me, I wanna be the one

I will remember you
Will you remember me?

Im so tired but I cant sleep
Standin on the edge of something much too deep
Its funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word
We are screaming inside, but we cant be heard

But I will remember you
Will you remember me?

Im so afraid to love you, but more afraid to loose
Clinging to a past that doesnt let me choose
Once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light

And I will remember you
Will you remember me?

And I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Weep not for the memories’
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don’t sue me although I wouldn’t mind owning Alex or Kyle.

Summary: Post Destiny. Based on a challenge by Trude. The girls decide to give Alex a surprise birthday party. While the girls are doing that the guys are wondering what’s going on which leads to all kinds of odd things happening.

AN: So sorry about the lateness of this update, but I got a bit sidetrack with a new story I’m working on with Mary (ilyme) and everything we do together is usually angst which is a little harder for me to write. LOL Anyway thanks so much for the feedback and still we’re not at the conclusion yet. Hopefully one more chapter to go and my apologies at the shortness of this update. I decided to give the other couples a little more scene time (lol) as the conclusion will be more centered on A/I than any other couple, but all couples will be featured so no worries.

Happy reading!

Chapter 9

Everyone by mutual agreement after some arguing, which quickly died down once Maria raised her eyebrow, decided to go find Isabel and Alex who hadn’t returned yet. Walking around the mall they looked around at the various displays and chatted about Alex’s surprise birthday party.

“I wonder where they could be,” Tess asked while looking at a wedding dress display. “Cute dress,” she pointed at the white dress that was done in the Victorian style with long sleeves and decorated with patterns of white roses on the chemise.

Liz and Maria moved to see the dress and both girls agreed that it was indeed a cute dress, but each found a separate wedding dress that they loved.

The guys stared at them in discomfort not liking where the conversation was going. Michael and Kyle exchanged looks of horror and turned to see Max smiling happily at Liz. Michael rolled his eyes and gave his friend a small push. “Maxwell snap out of it. You’re worst than the girls with all this googly eyes stuff.”

“I am not!” Max gave him a small frown, but couldn’t help the smile that broke back out on his face.

“You’re such a goner and you don’t even care. Max, you’re supposed to fight it not give into it.”

“But I don’t want to.”

“What am I going to do with you? If I don’t keep my eye on you, next thing you know you’re going to be running off with Liz to Vegas or somewhere to elope,” Michael sighed at his friend goofy look.

“Hey leave Evans alone. I mean sure he’s wearing a goofy look on his face as he thinks about running away with Liz, but hey he’s a brave man,” Kyle smirked.

“What do you mean he’s brave,” Michael frowned not sure where Kyle was going with this, but then again he thought who ever knew what Valenti was talking about. This was the same guy who couldn’t even remember his phone number much less anything else.

“Yeah he’s brave if he wants to run off with Mr. Parker’s baby girl. If I’m not mistaken the guy is pretty good at swinging a bat,” Kyle grinned at the panic look that flew across Max’s face. “You forgot about Mr. Parker didn’t you?”

Michael and Kyle both laughed as Max glared at them.

“Ha ha, you laugh all you want, but I rather take on Mr. Parker than Maria’s mom when she finds out you’re dating Maria again,” Max crossed his arms and grinned evilly at Michael who now had the look of someone who had read a Stephen King novel…downright scared.

“Damn Guerin I feel for you having to deal with Maria’s mom. I feel sorry for both you and Evans having to deal with parents. See me, I’m playing the field so I don’t have to worry about any parents since I only date a girl a few times,” Kyle gloated.

Max and Michael looked at Kyle strangely wondering if he really didn’t know what had happened back there with Tess. Seeing the strange looks he was getting Kyle looked around to see what had caught the guys attention, and then looked down at his shirt trying to see if he had something on his shirt. Not seeing anything he looked back at the guys curiously.

“Um guys why are you looking at me like that? Is there something on my face or something?”

“You do know that for some strange reason that Tess likes you right,” Michael asked.

“Yeah…Hey! Why does it have to be a strange reason?”

“Man don’t make me list all the reasons why it’s strange,” Michael snickered.

“Whatever Guerin. Yeah I know she likes me or she thinks she likes me,” Kyle looked at the small blonde who had captured his attention the moment he had met her.

“What do you mean she thinks she likes you? She pretty much demanded that you get rid of any other girls that might like you because she wants to be, god help us all, your girlfriend,” Michael winced at the thought.

“Yeah well I thought she liked me when she first came here, but she was only using me to get to Evans here. I rather not be someone’s runner-up prize,” Kyle turned away and looked around the mall not wanting to see the guys staring at him.

“Okay so when she first came here she had an objective and used you to try to obtain that objective. While I still don’t trust her as far as I can throw her it does seem that the girls have accepted her and I got to say that the girls’ judgment is usually right,” Max patted Kyle hestitately on the back not sure what else to tell him.

“Yeah, yeah. We’ll see, but if she wants me she’s going have to do the chasing that’s for sure,” Kyle grinned at the thought of Tess chasing him down.

Michael looked at Max who had returned to staring at Liz, and Kyle who was grinning at something that he was sure he didn’t want to know, but more than likely dealt with Tess.

“I’m surrounded by whipped men,” Michael threw his hands in the air and with a final sigh turned to stare at Maria. “Where the hell is Alex? Knowing him he’s probably talking with Isabel at a café or something.”

Kyle patted Michael on the shoulder and told him, “Dude welcome to the club.”

“I’m not whipped! I’m not,” he repeated as the others laughed at him. “Whatever! I’m not,” he muttered to himself.

The girls finally having finished looking at the dresses turned around to find Max and Kyle laughing at a sulking Michael and they wondered what had happened now. They gave each other a look to say ‘do we really even want to know,’ and with a silent exchange agreed that maybe it would be better to not know.

Each girl walked up to her individual guy and took his arm and dragged him off. They continued looking into stores that they thought Isabel and Alex would be at, but so far no luck.

“So this big party? Do I have to wear a suit for it,” Max looked down at Liz.

“Sadly enough for you and good for me you have to wear a suit,” she grinned.

“Wait, why is it good for you?” He asked curiously.

“Because you in a black suit with a white shirt is going to make me ask for a bucket so I can drool happily,” she laughed when she saw his ears turned a little red.

“Liz Parker, I can’t believe you said that,” he stared at her in shock torn between embarrassment and wanting to puff out his chest and say look at me.

“If anyone is going to look good in a suit, it’s going to be Kyle,” Maria smiled innocently at Kyle. “I mean we all saw how good he looked in that white suit. Hey here’s a thought maybe that fashion designer woman will let you borrow the suit again. Besides I think she liked you and Max.” Maria tried not to laugh at the look of panic that crossed Max and Kyle’s faces when she mentioned the fashion designer.

“Maria!” Tess and Liz glared at her.

“What?” She blinked at them and pushed Michael in front of her. “You know we’re really not finding Alex and Isabel by just standing around doing nothing. We really need to move on because it’s getting late and we still got a few things left to do for the party.” With that she slipped her arm through Michael’s and started walking. “Besides we still have to find a suit for the guys before we leave.” Michael looked over his shoulders at the other guys and mouthed the words, ‘help me now!’

The others laughed at this and quiet when Maria turned around and looked at them questioningly. Everyone looked around elsewhere and pointed to window displays in an effort to not make eye contact with Maria.

A few minutes later they stopped in front of the music store and decided that if anywhere Alex would definitely be in this store. Entering everyone split up and wandered down the numerous aisles and it was Kyle and Tess who found the missing couple.

Alex was sitting on a stool with a smile gracing his face as watched Isabel who was singing along with whatever song she was listening through the headphones on her ears.

Kyle opened his mouth to crack a joke, but stopped when Tess motioned him to be quiet and follow her. He followed her as they moved away from Alex and Isabel. Stopping he looked down at her questioningly, "Hey why did we leave? We’re supposed to let them know that we’re looking for them.”

“Kyle Valenti you don’t have a romantic bone in your body,” she rolled her eyes at him. “They’re having a moment, a special moment that we shouldn’t intrude on.”

“A moment? What do you mean a moment?”

“Oh for the love of,” she broke off and stood on her toes and wrapped her arms around him. “This is a moment,” she whispered before kissing him.

Thinking back on it later, Kyle would indeed agree that it was a moment and that he wouldn’t mind having more moments like this.

“Well you can find all types of things at the music store,” a voice said amusingly behind them.

They turned to find Maria, Michael, Liz, and Max staring at them in amusement.

“Gee Tess I do believe you’re consorting with the enemy too. First Liz now you. What am I going to do with the lot of you is beyond me,” Maria raised an eyebrow at them.

“By the way has anyone found Alex or Isabel,” Liz cleared her throat hoping to distract Maria from further teasing Tess and Kyle.

Before anyone could say anything a familiar voice interrupted. “Were you looking for us?” Everyone turned around to see Isabel and Alex staring at them.

“Did we miss much?” Isabel asked.

“Nope!”

“Not a thing.”

“No!”

Isabel and Alex looked at each other wondering what had happened now.
Last edited by vegas312 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
vegas312
Addicted Roswellian

Post by vegas312 »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell so please don't sue me as all I own is my barely working laptop Herbie. Sad, but true.

Summary: Based on a challenge by Trude. Read the previous chapter for a more detailed summary.

AN: This chapter is a bit longer than I thought it was going to be but I'm sure you guys won't mind. lol This chapter came out totally different than what I had imagined, but I'm proud of what I've written and I can't ask for anything more than that. Thanks so much to everyone that took time to leave feedback as it totally made my day and gave me a smile when I needed it. Hope ya'll like the challenge and Trude this one is for you. *hugs* I enjoyed writing the challenge and I hope I did an okay job with it.

By the way I will be posting a new story titled, "In Over My Head," later this week in the AU Without Aliens. My first AU story so I'm a bit nervous. It's based on a challenge that I accepted a while ago by Lillie. And Apocalypse was updated last week if you missed it. Okay now I'm going to shut up and let ya'll read.

Song below is "She Is" by The Fray which I do not own and I have no intent in trying to claim it as my own. Enjoy!

Chapter Ten

As music played over the store's speakers, the eight teens stood staring at each other not sure what to do next or what to say.

Alex rocked back and forth on his heels as he looked around at his friends and smiled to himself as he noticed that they had broken up in couples. Tess was standing close to Kyle who was wearing a shade of lipstick that looked like the shade that Tess was wearing, and Michael was hugging Maria to his side, and Max and Liz were holding hands. He was pleased that his friends had found their way back to each other even if they were too pigheaded to admit that they needed each other.

'Mission accomplished,' he grinned.

"Whitman, what the hell are you grinning about?" Michael snapped not feeling comfortable under his tall friend's gaze.

"Oh you know the fact that life is good," he nodded before saying. "And of course that Kyle there is wearing red lipstick."

Everyone turned to look at Kyle who was trying to wipe the aforementioned lipstick off while Tess blushed and covered her face with her hands.

"I got to say not many people could pull off that particular shade, but you're rocking it," Alex snickered and let out a groan when Isabel's elbow hit him. "Hey!"

"Alex be nice," she told him while trying not to laugh.

"I'm always nice I tell you. All I said was that Kyle looked pretty with his red lipstick. First he has a makeup compact now he's wearing lipstick. You know I think this may call for an intervention." Alex moved out of Isabel's reach before she could hit him again.

"Alex! Wait what was Kyle doing with a makeup compact?" Isabel turned to Kyle and raised an eyebrow at him as if to say what have you done now.

Kyle was busy wiping his lips and missed Isabel's stare. Looking up he saw the girls staring at him, "What? A guy can't carry a makeup compact or something?" He crossed his arms defensively and stared back at them. There was no way he was telling the girls that they had been spying on them for the past couple of days. Nope. No way. He wasn't planning to budge. He glared at the other guys hoping one of them would get the girls off his back. Of course the others looked everywhere but at him.

"Makeup compact huh? Well I got to say that shade of lipstick is a good coloring for you Kyle. Oh I know! Maybe you can come over for makeovers," Maria gave Kyle an evil grin. "Just think about it we can do facials, manicures, perms, and let's not forget waxing."

"Yeah that's going to happen in oh let me think. When Hell freezes over," Kyle glared at Maria before turning to Tess. "Hey did I get it all off?"

Tess just groaned and quickly glanced at Kyle. "Yes it's gone."

"I don't know why all of you are laughing. If anyone can pull of lipstick and still look masculine, it's me," Kyle preened.

"Oh God! Kyle, shut up," the three guys rolled their eyes at him.

"That's all we need an egomaniac Valenti back on our hands," Michael threw his hands in the air in disgust before moving away. "You know why we're here I might as well pick up a couple of CDs."

"Michael! We're not here to pick up CDs." Maria put her hands on her hips and looked at him.

"What? We're not doing anything else, so I don't see why I can't go and pick up some tunes," Michael said it slowly as to make sure she understood what he was saying.

"Let. Me. Explain. This. Again." As she said each word she gave Michael a poke in the chest. "We're not here to pick up Cds." She yelled the last part while the others snickered and quickly looked away when she turned her glaze on them. "Oh what are you guys," she was interrupted by her phone ringing. Digging through her purse she found her phone and wandered away from the others.

"That was close," Kyle muttered and pretended to wipe sweat off his forehead. That set off another round of laughter and it was awhile before everyone could calm down.

"So you guys get me anything good for my birthday?" Alex smiled innocently while trying to peek in Tess' shopping bag.

"Sorry Alex, there's nothing in there for you unless you want a white strapless dress for your birthday," Tess smiled at him while moving her bag away.

"Um no I don't think I could fit into," he joked. Staring at Liz, he stated dryly, "Although I wouldn't put it past my two best friends to get me one. They gave me quilting lessons last year as a birthday present."

"Now you know you enjoyed that class. I still have the blue and white quilt you made me. Now how many guys can say they know how to knit." Liz grinned at him.

"Only the guys who want to get beat up on a daily basis." Alex said under his breath and pretended that Liz wasn't glaring at him for his comment. "I wonder what's taking Maria so long. I'm hungry. I haven't eaten all day since I got dragged out of bed at six o'clock this morning thanks to Mulder over there."

"Mulder? Who's Mulder," Tess asked.

"Mulder is Michael because he's always so paranoid and has a million and one conspiracies theories like Mulder on 'The X-Files'." Max wasn't sure if Tess had seen the show since her and Nacedo had been on the run for so long.

"Ah got it. Never seen the show. Not really interested in seeing the FBI and their theories about aliens," she shrugged.

"You've never seen 'The X-Files'? I can understand why, but this is good TV we're talking about here. Next thing you know you're going to tell me you've never seen 'Star Wars' either." Seeing Tess shake her head no again, Alex grabbed hold of his heart before throwing his arm around her. "You, my friend, are seriously lacking in good sci-fi shows and movies. We're going to have a day where we do nothing but kick back and watch the classics." He nodded his head and excitedly thought of other movies they could watch too.

"I'm not sure about watching 'alien flicks'," she air quoted. "But if you're offering then sure who knows it might be fun."

"Yes," Alex pumped his fist in the air and proceeded to drag Tess into a happy dance with him.

Maria came back at that moment and didn't know what to say seeing the two of them doing a happy dance. Looking at Liz she tilted her head towards the other two as to say what's going on.

"Two words. Star Wars," Liz grinned.

"Enough said." Last time someone had mentioned Star Wars to her she had somehow been roped into dressing as Princess Leia for Halloween. Wearing a gold bikini with a chain around her neck hadn't been her idea of fun. And she didn't even want to think about how her hair had looked.

"So who were you talking to on the phone?" Michael asked curiously hoping that it wasn't another guy.

"Jealous are we?" She walked up to him and patted his cheek. "How cute is that? No it was my friend from band camp, or should I say former friend? I can't believe she waited until the last minute to tell me that she's not going to be able to perform." Maria gave her hair a tug before she started pacing oblivious to the others as she warmed up to her rant.

"Um Maria, maybe we should talk about this later," Liz tried to get Maria's attention.

"I mean if you promise to be the main performer at someone's birthday, you should keep your promise. I asked her where am I going to get someone else to perform. You know what she said? Get a DJ. A DJ! I want a band not someone scratching records."

Everyone stared at Maria in shock not sure what to say except Alex who had started laughing. Maria turned around to glare at her friend and stalked up to him. "What's so funny?"

"I love you." He grinned at her.

"What?"

Leaning over he hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. "You know I'll be just as happy with a DJ if your friend doesn't perform. Or you could always get the rest of the Whits to perform at my party."

She froze in his arms at his words. With a groan she buried her face in his chest. "It's not my day for secrets. I'm so sorry about ruining the surprise."

He patted her on the shoulder. "It's okay. I already knew about it anyway."

"What?!"

"Liz and Maria have been throwing me surprise birthday parties since we met, so I figured they would be doing the same this year except they have more people to help out is all." He shrugged and smiled at everyone.

"Whitman! You're telling me that you knew all along what the girls were up to," Michael asked.

"Pretty much. Wasn't it fun trying to keep up with the girls these past few days?"

"Argh! You mean I suffered through that fashion show for nothing? You got five seconds to run before I kill you." Kyle started to move towards Alex menacingly, but Tess moved in front of Kyle to keep him from getting to Alex.

"Now I'm sure Alex has a really good reason for what he did. Besides if anyone is going to complain about the catwalk that's going to be me." Max crossed his arms and tried not to think about the short shorts that he had been forced to wear.

"I don't think Liz was complaining too much about that," Maria snickered. Moving out of Alex's arm she punched him on the arm. "Alright what have you been up to? And how come Isabel doesn't look so surprise, and why isn't she yelling at me?"

Seeing all his friends look at him he moved next to Isabel and winked at her. She smiled at him before reaching over and clasping hands with him.

"Well look at it from my perspective a few weeks ago all of the most important people in my life split up into two groups. Us versus them, and it didn't make sense to me when I could see that everyone was hurting and none of us wanted to be apart. I don't know all of you as well as I know some of you, but we're unlikely group that shares a secret that no one on Earth knows. Although it brought us together it's not what makes us stick together. We're friends that's becoming a family or was on it's a way to becoming a family. I don't know anyone else who would have done what we did to save our own."

He stopped and took a deep breath before continuing on. "Not everyone is lucky to say they had the same best friend since high school or elementary school. Most people lose contact after graduation and I don’t want that to be us. So when I figured out what was going on I thought this would be the perfect chance for us all to come back together and resolve any problems each of us had with the other. If you're mad at me then there's nothing I can do to change it. I won't say I'm sorry because I'm not. This is the most fun I had hanging out with all of you in several weeks." He stopped talking and looked at his shoe not sure what the others would do now that he knew. Squeezing tight Isabel's hand he waited to see what the others would do.

The others looked at each not sure what to say because they knew if they searched deep down inside that there was truth to Alex's words. Maria and Liz were the first to move and hug their friend and dragging Isabel into the hug as she was still holding onto Alex's hand. Tess moved with hesitance still not sure about the budding friendship between her and the others, but when she reached Alex's side she too was dragged into the hug. Max smiled at Michael and Kyle before he too joined the hugging friends.

Michael looked at Kyle and Kyle looked back at him with a pained expression. "Do we really have to do the hugging thing?"

"Yeah I'm afraid so Guerin. I'm afraid so."

"Um Hell no."

"Michael! Kyle!"

Hearing their name they sighed before moving to join the rest of their friends in a group hug and they all stayed like that for a few more seconds before the group broke away.

"Now that that's over, let's go and get you guys some suits," Maria rubbed her hands in glee.

The guys groaned and allowed themselves to be drag out into the mall.

Over the next couple of days, the guys and girls had gotten together to get everything ready for the party. Well everyone that is except Alex who had been banned from helping with the preparation, which was fine by him as he had figured he might as well get Tess inducted into the coolness that is Star Wars. Of course Maria had agreed after muttering better Tess than her. The others had agreed with Maria so Tess and Alex had hung out while the others were busy.

Maria had found another band to perform at the party and after hearing a few of their songs was satisfied that the music at least was taken care of. Michael, Max, and Kyle had the unfortunate job of getting the UFO Center ready to host a party of fifty teenagers and adults in two days, so with a bit of alien voodoo and lots of cursing it had been turned into an acceptable place for the party. Meanwhile Isabel and Liz had finally settled on a menu for the party and after that with Maria's help started decorating the UFO Center.

Finally the big day had arrived and everything was ready. All everyone had to do was show up and make sure nothing would go wrong. The gang had decided to meet at the UFO Center a few minutes early to make sure that the setup was going according to plan. While they were doing that Alex was sitting at the Crashdown at the counter turning around and around on the stool in tuxedo. Staring at the clock he sighed hoping time would go by quickly so he could go join the others. He still didn't know what the UFO Center looked like despite him nagging the others for clues, and he had no idea what Isabel was wearing.

He smiled to himself as he thought about Isabel. He couldn't wait until their date tomorrow night. It would be their first and hopefully there wouldn't be any alien related problems occurring tomorrow at least.

Alex was disrupted out of his thoughts when Mr. Parker came and tapped him on the shoulder. "Huh? Oh hey Mr. Parker. You're looking pretty sharp tonight."

"Thanks Alex. The girls just called and said for me to bring you on over to the UFO Center since everyone has arrived." Mr. Parker straightened his jacket while waiting for Alex to put his back on. The two headed towards the door and after making sure the door was locked behind them started walking across the street.

"So is your aunt coming to the party this time? I hope there's no more accidents like last year," Mr. Parker chuckled to himself.

"God help us all if there is. No she decided to stay home this time, but she did send me a nice card with a gift certificate to Barnes & Nobles. You know I'm still not sure how my little cousin got hold of a lit candle and why he decided to leave it on the couch." Alex shook his head glad that his cousin wasn't coming to this party.

Reaching the entrance Mr. Parker held the door opened and motioned for Alex to go ahead of him. Alex let out a nervous breath before walking into the darken building. Seeing candles lightening the way he slowly walked down the stairs and was met by everyone screaming 'surprise.'

He grinned at everyone and shook a few hands all the while searching the room for his friends. Before he could inquire about them everyone split up with people on one side and others on the other side leaving Alex to stand in the middle of the candle lit floor alone.

Not sure he looked around for clues as to what was going on, but everyone just smiled at him. Getting a bit nervous he stuffed his hand in his pocket hoping that nothing bad was about to happen. A second later music later he heard someone clear their throat and the feedback of a microphone. Alex looked towards the stage to see Maria waving at him wearing a long green dress that seemed to float around her giving her an ethereal look.

"Alright everyone we're about to start the first dance of the night so before we begin I just want to say thank you for coming and making this a great birthday for one of my best friends. Anyway I'm going to make this short and again happy birthday Alex." Putting the microphone back on the stand she smiled at Alex and tilted her head to her left before exiting the stage.

The band started and Alex turned to his left to see Isabel walking towards him. He caught his breath as he took in the gold dress that was seemed to sparkle and shine at each of her steps. Her hair was curled and twisted up on her head, and a shy smile covered her face.

Not wanting to make her walk all the way to him, he rubbed his suddenly wet hands on his tuxedo jacket before he started walking towards her. The two met in the middle of the floor and stood staring at each other as the music flowed around them.

'Do not get me wrong, I cannot wait
For you to come home.
For now you're not here, and I'm not there.
Its like we're on our own.
To figure it out, consider how
to find a place to stand.
Instead of walking away, and
Instead of nowhere to land.'

She bit her lip nervously before holding her hand out not still not sure that this wasn't some dream where she would wake up and none of what had happened over the past few days had really happened. Seeing her nervousness he let go of his shyness and took hold of her hand. He smiled at her and placed his other hand on her waist and led her into a dance.

"Thank you," she told him softly.

"No thank you," he told her just as quietly. Wiggling his eyebrow at her he told her, "At least I didn't have to bribe Agnes into being my date."

Laughing at his foolishness, she felt the nervous disappear and decided to enjoy being back where she wanted to be. She wasn't sure what the future would bring for them, but she knew that she would always remember this night. Looking around she noticed that other couples were joining them on the floor to dance and she smiled at the sight of her brothers with their girlfriends as well as Tess dancing with Kyle. Alex didn't know how right he had been when he had said they were a family, and like all families they might squabble about this and that, but in the end they would always come back together.

"Happy Birthday Alex," she wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned her face on his shoulder as they continued to dance.

"It's definitely one of my favorite birthdays." He leaned down and kissed her on the top of her head. "Happy birthday to me."

This is gonna break me clean in two.
This is gonna bring me close to you.

She is everything I want that I never knew I needed.
She is everything I need that I never knew I wanted.
She is everything I want that I never knew I needed.
She is everything I need that I never knew I wanted.

It's all up in the air and we stand
Still to see what comes back down.
I don't know where it is, I don't know when,
But I want you around.
When it falls into place with you and I,
We go from if to when.
Your side and mine are both behind its indication.

This is gonna bring me clarity.
This'll take the heart right outta me.

This is gonna bring me to knees
I just want to hold you close to me.'

THE END