April's Author's Thread Is Bringing Sexyback!

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: April's Author's Thread Is Bringing Sequelback!

Post by April »

I'll graduate in literally 7 days!
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'll be teaching 4 different classes for 7th graders (including Social Studies! :shock: ) It's going to be an intense but amazing year for me.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

:lol: Helen. You know, I'm an English teacher, so I love essays. :)

Title suggestion: The Varying Levels of Isabel Evans-Whitman's Insanity: A Study. :lol:
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Helen of Roswell wrote:I noticed posts mentioning you had graduated and
began your teaching career. I know it's been, like, half
a year...but...

CONGRATULATIONS!! :mrgreen:

Both for graduating and landing a job.
I'm happy for you and I wish you lots of SUCCESS!

~Helen~

Aw, thank you, Helen! (And don't worry, it's actually only been about half a year. ;) )This new chapter of my life has just been amazing. I love the kids I work with. They're middle schoolers, so they're absolutely crazy and out of their minds most of the time, but I think the world of them.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Whoa, wonders never cease! 522 Alex is way darker and more detestable than most Alexes out there, so this is a wonderful surprise. It's nice to know that characters don't always have to be the "good guys" of the story to receive recognition.

And with this generous award, I can proudly announce that 6 of the 8 main characters in this story (and 521) have won for either lead or supporting portrayal within the past few rounds of voting: Maria, Michael, Isabel, Tess, Kyle, and now Alex. And I think Marty tied for Best Original Character in the last round. I'm shocked and flattered! Thank you so much for embracing these polarizing characters!

For Best Author of a Candy Fic. Thank you once again! I think it's safe to say that I'm setting a goal for myself to one day snag this award, even though I probably don't deserve it.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

A special thanks to anyone who nominated and/or voted for me in the latest rounds of fic awards. I was fortunate enough to win (for 522):

(tied with The Antarian Time Travelers by Maipigen)

(tied with Fade Into You by Jake17)
(Everyone knows I really strive for this category!) :)

(Yes! I've been trying to get this award for years! This is for the car crash scene when Macy dies.)

(for Most Talked About Fic)

Thank you so much!
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Okay, this is random, but I was browsing through my author's thread here and decided that I didn't like the CD covers and back designs I'd made for the Passion soundtrack. So, since I've done my favorite thing ever and downloaded the new trial version of Photoshop, I thought I'd redo them. So here they are, much better than the previous ones. Not that I expect anyone to care. :lol:

Lyrics on the first one are from "Big Chair" by Travis, and lyrics on the second one are from the incredibly overused but still classic "Wonderwall" by Oasis.

I'll be dropping off more Photoshop stuff in days to come. :)
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Well, here we go. It's been awhile since I've made a video, on account of being too lazy and cheap to actually purchase Sony Vegas software. I actually made this one on the beyond-crappy Windows Live Movie Maker. I hate that program, but I actually kind of love this video. I feel like it's one of the best I've made in awhile. Pretty simple, but I think it's a beautiful song. The song is "Roll Over Me" by The Autumn Film, and yes, it's a One Tree Hill song. ;)
I was having problems with this video link, so if for some reason the link isn't working, you can find it on my Youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/April7739?feature=mhee

I was going for a sort of 522-angle with it, as I wanted it to have a feel of angst and depression about it. The concept is that Maria is sort of trapped in a world of darkness and despair, and Michael desperately wants to pull her out of it, but that's easier said than done. Let me know if the concept comes across or not.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Well, it's been awhile since I've dropped off any artwork. I made most of this stuff a long time ago when I still had my trial version of the latest Photoshop, but I've just neglected to post it. Anyway, then I messed around with the stuff even more on Photobucket. Bravo to Photobucket; they've really improved their photo editing stuff on that site.

I've got a lot, so I think I'll split it into separate posts.

Obviously this was 522-inspired. The lyrics scattered throughout are to "When Love and Death Embrace" by H.I.M.

Just a random Candy art. Lyrics are to "All You Wanted" by Sounds Under Radio. A really beautiful song.

Maria Manip. Not sure how I feel about it.

Another Maria Manip. I ended up putting this one on the revamped cover of one of the Passion soundtracks.

Ugh, not my best.

Image Image Image Image

I like this one, though. Brunette Maria.

This is definitely one of the better ones I've done. Very 522-inspired.

Image Image Image Image

Just playing around with an earlier manip.

Image Image

I kinda like how this manip turned out. I call it "Senior Picture Maria." :) For some reason.

Image Image Image Image

Clearly I'm very into flames right now.

Again, just playing around with an earlier manip. A very early one this time.

Image Image Image

Clearly I am also very into lines right now. :lol:

For some reason, this one was really easy. I wish they were all this easy.

Image Image Image Image
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Again, playing with an earlier manip. Probably my strongest Tess one ever.

Just a little recoloring on this one. I will probably never ever do a manip as good as this one again.

I always love doing the "slutty Isabel" manips. :lol:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

More slight retouching of a previous manip. This is probably my favorite Isabel one I've done.

Image Image Image Image Image

I guess this is supposed to be a sig. banner? I don't know.

And last but not least, a collection of sig. banners for each of the four lovely ladies. Sorry they're not all the same size.