Romancing The Heart{CC,AU,Mature}The End 3/7

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 107 Pg16 2/28

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 108

Max drove around to all the hotels looking for Liz finally,the last hotel near the hightway he took his cell out and called the number listed on the marquee.

When the clerk answered the phone Max said..."Hi, may I plese speak with Liz Parker?"

One moment sir and the phone went silent as Max was connected...he hung up and left the car and went into the hotel and walked up to the reception desk...

"Hi, may I have Liz Parker's room number?"

Lizza, no hotel would give that information out nor would they ever give someone a key to another persons room without checking with the hotel guest first. It just would never happen, too dangerous...I changed this for you...and I also doubt that they would give out a room number to someone asking but to make your story work I had to put it in that the desk clerk did do that. Generally they would call the room and verify that it was alright to send someone up because the guest would have told anyone they wanted to know where they were. Just for future reference. Ginger

Max walked up to the elevator and got in, he pushed number 3 and watched as the door shut. When he arrived at the third floor he found Liz's room and knocked lightly on the door...he got no response and had to knock louder.

Liz was asleep and thought she heard something but chose to ignore it the first time and then she heard the knock...She went to the door and opened it and saw Max standing there looking at her; Max could tell she had been asleep.

Max reached his hand out and touched Liz on the cheek; she was surprised to see Max and they stood and looked at each other.

"What are you doing here?" Liz asked

"I got worried when you were not at the house," Max said.

"Max as you can see I'm doing fine. Now please go away?" Liz asked.

"No. We need to talk," Max said.

"Max we have nothing to talk about,"

"Yes we do."

"No we don't. So go away," .

"No," Max said

"Go," Liz said as she walked to the door and opened it.

Max walked to the doorto the door and pushed it shut then turned and looked at Liz.

"I'm not leaving til we talk," Max said.

"Well I have nothing to say to you," Liz said.

"Well that's too bad, I'm not leaving til you listen to me," Max said.

"Fine. Say what you have to say then leave," Liz said

"Liz, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about faking my death that was a big mistake; I should have told you. Please say you forgive me?" Max asked.

"Anything eles?" Liz asked.

"Yes. I lied to you about us not being friends. we are friends and more. So will you please forgive me?" Max asked.

"What do you mean by 'friends and more'? What more could we be when we can't even act like we are friends?" Liz asked

" Liz, for right now can we be like we were before, friends? We were friends before I faked my death, we can be that again can't we?" Max asked.

"We'll will have to wait and see Max," Liz said.

"You know we can," Max smiled.

"I guess we will have to wait and see," Liz was sticking to her guns...

"I guess we will, cme on you'd better get dressed Maria is waiting," Max said.

"Ok," Liz said.

Liz walked over to the bed and grabbed her bag and walked into the bathroom and shut the door. After the door was closed she reached into her bag and pulled out her hip hugger jeans and a light blue off the shoulder shirt and was dressed a few minutes later. She walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed and reached down and got her white tennis shoes and put them on and then she noticed Max staring at her...

"What?" Liz asked.

"You look beautiful," Max said

"Thanks, are we ready to leave?' Liz asked as she stood up and grabbed her bag.

"Huh?" Max asked.

"Are we ready to go?" Liz asked.

"Yeah, sure, lets go," Max said.

Max and Liz left the hotel and got into Max's car...

"Where are we going?" Max asked

"I'm going to the club. I don't know about you," Liz said.

"Well I'm going where your going," Max said

"Max can you leave me alone?" Liz asked

"No. Not til we talk about this," Max aid.

"Max there is nothing to talk about," Liz said.

"I think there is," Max said

"I don't think so," Liz said.

Max pulled up to the club and Liz got out of the car and started walking toward the club leaving Max alone...Max followed Liz into the club and Liz turned and saw Max standing infront of her.

"Max we don't have anything to say to each other. So please leave?" Liz asked

"No. I'm not leaving you here alone.," Max said

"Max I can handle myself. Just go," Liz said.

"No. We are going to talk," Max said.

"Fine. What do we want to talk about?" Liz asked

"I'm sorry I faked my death; I just had to find out about some things," Max said.

"Did you find out anything?" Liz asked

"No. Not really," Max said.

"Oh," Liz said

"Liz?" Max asked

"What?" Liz asked.

Liz waited a few minutes and then she walked away from him. Max watched her walk away and then followed her into the office. When Liz got to the office she turned and saw Max had followed her.

"Max what do you want?" Liz asked.

"Liz why is it you can't stand to be in a room with me anymore?" Max asked

"Because right now I am still mad at you," Liz said.

"Liz I'm. . . . ," Max said.

Right at that moment there was a knock on the front door; Liz looked at Max then then walked to the door and looked out. It was Toney and the new guard she turned and looked at Max...

"What?" Max asked.

"Toney and the new gaurd are here; you need to hide unless you want Toney to know your alive," Liz said.

"You[re right, I'd better hide. Let me know what they are doing here," Max said.

"Fine. Just stay here," Liz said.

Liz looked at Max then turned, left the office and headed down the hallway toward the front door and unlocked it. She took a step back to let them in and then closed the door behind them. They all stood and looked at each other...

"What are you doing here?" Liz asked

"Liz, I know we broke up and everything but I'm still your friend," Toney said.

"Ok. But what are you doing here?" Liz asked.

"I wanted to show Pete around and since this is our last stop I thought I would have Pete stay and help out for a while. So what do you say?" Toney asked.

"Keep him outside. I don't want him in here," Liz said.

"Liz?" Toney said.

"He stays outside or he leaves," Liz said.

"Fine. I'd better go. See you later Liz," Toney sid

Liz watched as Toney and Pete walked out the door. Pete stood outside and watched Toney drive away. She turned and went to the bar, closed her eyes for a few seconds and when she opened her eyes there was Pete standing infront of her with a smile on his face.

"You should be outside away from me," Liz said.

"I thought we could have some fun first," Pete said.

"No. Now go," Liz said.

Pete grabbed Liz by the arms and lifted her off the ground and put her on the bar,he grabbed Liz and pulled her closer to him. Liz tried to get out of Petes hold but she couldn't.

"Now you listen to me bitch. You will do as I say or I'll kill you," Pete said.

Liz spit in Petes face, Pete pulled back and slapped Liz across the face really hard and Liz leaned to her side and grabbed her face... Pete pulled her up to face him.

"You'd better listen to me," Pete said.

"No. I don't have to," Liz said as she pushed him away.

"Yes you do," Pete said as he grabbed Liz again.

When Pete grabbed Liz he slapped her across the face again, twice. Then he started to touch Liz's body,Liz tried to push him away but he was too strong for her. While Pete was touching Liz Max walked down the hallway and saw what was happening. Max grabbed a bottle and walked up behind Pete and hit him over the head. Liz sat up and watched as Pete fell to the ground, she looked at Max then looked at Pete. Liz was shocked that Max defended her and Max saw the shocked look on her face.

"Liz are you ok?" Max asked as he stood infront of Liz.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 108 Pg17 3/4

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 109
"I'm fine. I can't believe he attacked me," Liz said

"I know," Max said

"What are we going to do?" Liz asked.

"I've got an idea but I need your help," Max said.

"To do what?" Liz asked

"Help me get him into his car then you follow me in my car," Max said.

"Where are we going?" Liz asked

"Just follow me," Max said.

"Okay," Liz said.

Liz and Max picked Pete up and carried him to the front door; Liz had to set Pete's feet down in order to unlock the doors then she turned and walked back to Max and picked Pete's feet up again.

Max and Liz carried the body out the door where Liz had to put Pete's feet back down once again in order to lock the doors behind them; she grabbed Pete's feet once again.

They walked to Pete's car where Max leaned Pete against the back end and Liz held onto him while Max unlocked the car where Max got in and started the engine, he got out and opened the rear door and pushed Pete's body into the backseat and tied it down. After the body was secured Max straightened up and looked at Liz, noticing that she was scared, he then reached into his pocket and pulled out his keys and handed them to Liz.

"Ready?" Max asked

"Yeah," Liz said quietly...

She walked to Max's car and got in. Liz started the car. She watched as Max got into Pete's car and drove off. Liz followed Max as they drove out of town to a lake in the middle of no where. When they got to the lake Max turned off the engine; got out of the car, took out his pocket knife and slashed each tire. he then went back to his car and got in.

"What are we going to do now?" Liz asked, still scared.

"You're going back to the club," Max said

"And what about you?" Liz asked

"Me, I have two choices; I can stay with you at the club or I can go back to the house," Max said.

"Which are you going to do?" Liz asked

"I think I'll go to the club and keep an eye on you," Max said.

"You know you're going to have to stay in the office right?" Liz asked

"Yeah I know," Max said

"Good, so we agree," Liz said.

Liz started the car and headed back into town and when they got to the club they each looked around and made sure no one was around before they got out of the car. They made their way to the doors where Liz reached into her pocket and pulled her keys out of her pocket. She unlocked the doors and walked in with Max following her. After they entered the club and the doors were secured Liz turned to face Max and asked,

"Why did you fake you death?"

"Liz I want to find out who wants me dead."

"Did you find out anything?" Liz asked

"There are a couple of people wanting me dead but I'm not certain who was setting me up," Max said

"So since you have been back you have done nothing but follow me and help me," Liz said

"Yes. You know I worry about you. I don't want to see you get hurt," Max said

"Why do you care what happens to me. You told me we are not friends," Liz said

"Liz yes I do care. And I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. Of course you're my friend. Please don't forget that," Max said

"Max you know you're the most confusing guy I've ever known," Max said.

"Of course I am," Max said with a grin,

"You know you have a strange way of letting people know that you care," Liz said.

Max walked over to Liz and drew her close to him, he reached up and touched her cheek. They stood and looked at each other and as they leaned in and was about to kiss when Liz's cell phone rang. She pulled back and reached into her pocket for her phone and flipped it open.

"Hello," Liz said as she looked at Max.

"Hey. I found out somethings about your father," Al said.

"What did you find out?" Liz asked

"I found out your father and his men are in a city about 10 hours from you. And your father hired more hit men to go after Max,Toney and Michael," Al said

"Max is dead. Why is my father doing this?" Liz asked

"As I heard it he wants you and Maria to stay from guys like Max, Toney and Michael. He wants you and Maria to never date," Al said

"But why?" Liz asked

"I don't know. The thing I found out is that your father is an FBI agent and a special op commander," Al said.

"Great. Is he still looking for all of us?" Liz asked.

"Yes. But he still doesn't know where we are," Al said

"How far are you and beauty?" Liz asked

"We are about two states away from you," Al said

"Okay. Let me know if you find out anything else. Wait, can you get some info about a guy named Pete Freemen? I'd like all the information you can get," Liz said

"Sure. I'll let you know what I find out on your dad and Pete Freemen," Al said

"Thanks. Talk to you soon," Liz said

Liz closed her cell phone and looked at Max.

"What is it?" Max asked

"Can you get Michael and Maria here?" Liz asked

"Yeah, why?" Max asked

"I just found out what my father does for a living," Liz said.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" Max asked

"Max lets just say we are all going to be surprised," Liz said.

"Okay. I'll call them in the office,"Max said.

Liz watched as Max walked into the office and then she turned and looked out the window.

Meanwhile in the office:

Max reached into his pocket and pulled his cell phone out and dialed Michael's number and waited for someone to answer. The phone rang three times before Michael picked up.

"Hello," Michael said

"Michael it's me Max, you and Maria need to get to the club. Liz just found something out," Max said

"How bad?" Michael asked

"Its bad. So just get here quickly," Max said

"We are on our way," Michael said.

"Okay. see you in a few," Max said before closing his cell phone.

Max turned and saw Liz standing in the doorway looking worried, Max walked over to Liz so that he was closer to her as he asked,

"Liz what is wrong?"

"Max I think we are in danger," Liz said.

"What are you talking about?" Max asked

"Max what my friend told me puts you.... everyone in danger," Liz said.

"Liz don't worry. We'll be fine," Max said

"Max I don't know. Beside you know I'm still mad at you for faking your death," Liz said.

"Yeah I know. And I'm really sorry," Max said.

"Max it will take me a while to forgive you," Liz said

"I know," Max said.

Max and Liz looked at each other as Max reached out and touched Liz's arm and as they leaned in and was about to kiss there was knock on the door. Liz pulled away and looked at Max.

"Um, I better go answer that," Liz said.

Liz was about to walk away when Max grabbed Liz and pulled her towards him and he leaned in and kissed her. A few seconds later they both pulled away and looked at each other.

"This is not over. We'll talk later," Max said.

"There is nothing for us to talk about," Liz said as she pulled away.

Liz walked out of the office and down the hall past the bar and up to the doors where she saw Michael and Maria. She unlocked the doors and let them in and locked the doors again. Maria and Michael watched as Liz locked the doors then Liz turned and looked at them.

"Liz what is going on?" Maria asked

"Come on lets go to the office and talk," Liz said.

Liz, Michael and Maria walked down the hallway and into the office. Max was sitting on the desk as Liz turned and shut the door then she turned back and looked at Max, Maria and Michael.

"What is going on?" Maria asked.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 109 Pg17 3/9

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 110

"Maria I talked to Al. He found some things out," Liz said

"What kind of things?" Maria asked.

"He found out what my father does for a living," Liz said.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?"Michael asked

"Because it is bad," Liz said.

"What does Mr. Parker do for a living?" Maria asked

"Maria and Michael you need to sit down for this," Liz said

Liz and Max watched as Maria and Michael sat down and looked at them.

"My dad is an FBI agent and a special op commander," Liz said.

"Oh God," Maria said.

"Yeah and here comes the bad part," Liz said.

"What bad part?" Max asked.

"Dad is a couple of citites away from here. He is looking for us and he still wants Max, Toney and Michael to stay away from us," Liz said.

"Great. What are we going to do now?" Maria asked

"I don't know. All I know is my Dad is acting very weird and it goes beyond protective," Liz said.

"How?" Michael asked

"How what?" Maria asked.

"Are you sure he is coming here?" Michael asked

"Yes he wants to find us and he is looking for you guys," Liz said

"Maria how did you get mixed up in this?" Michael asked

"Mr. Parker promised to protect me," Maria said.

"So that is why he is acting so protective of both of you?" Max asked

"Yes. Now you know what we have to deal with," Maria said.

"God I can't believe your dad is like that," Max said

"Well he is," Liz said.

"Liz where are Al and Beauty? Are they safe? Are they ok?" Maria asked

"I don't know. I'll try and call them to find out where they are, Al wouldn't say before." Liz said.

Liz reached into her pocket and pulled out her cell phone. She dialed Al's number and the phone rang a couple of times before someone answered.

"Hello," Liz said

"Hey what is up?" Al asked

"Al where are you and Beauty?" Liz asked.

'Well since I talked to you 30 minutes ago we are now a town away from you," Al said

"Are you and beauty ok and safe?" Liz asked

"Liz we're ok. We are just worried about you and Maria," Al said

"Well we are worried about you two," Liz said

"Liz if we feel that we are in trouble we will text you 911 and come to you. And we'll do the same if you are in trouble, you text us 911 and we come to you." Al said.

"Okay, Al please find out what you can about Pete," Liz said

"Yeah, sure what do you know already?" Al said.

"He is Toney's new body gaurd and he already knows a couple of things about us. He has grabbed me and tried getting familiar with me a couple of times. I just want to know who the hell this guy is," Liz said.

"I'll see what I can find out," Al said

"Thanks. Oh, and Al can you find out if he has a brother?" Liz asked

"Sure. Liz why do you seem so scared?" Al asked

"Al lets just say It's starting to be a nightmare," Liz said

"Ok, I'll call you as soon as I find out anything," Al said

"Thank you. Talk to you soon," Liz said before closing her cell phone.

Liz turned and saw Max, Maria and Michael looking at her.

"Liz did you know your dad was an FBI agent and a special ops commander before?" Michael asked

"No I never knew," Liz said.

"Do you think Toney knows what your father does for a living?" Max asked

"I don't know I didn't see anything in the files about my dad," Liz said.

"What did Al have to say?" Maria asked

"Al and Beauty are a town away from us right now," Liz said

"How far is your father from us?" Michael asked

" A couple of towns away," Liz said

"How long has it been since you talked to your dad?" Max asked

Right at that moment Liz's cell phone rings. Liz reached into her pocket and pulled her cell phone out. She flipped the phone open and put it to her ear.

"Hello?" Liz said

"Hello princess," Mr. Parker said

"What do you want dad?" Liz said as she looked at Max, Maria and Michael.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry your lover died. I wanted to tell you that when I saw you. But you know," Mr. Parker said.

"Did you have something to do with that warehouse blowing up?" Liz asked

"Do you want the truth?" Mr. Parker asked

"Yes damn it. I want the truth did you?" Liz asked

"Yes I had one of my men blow up the warehouse when Max was inside," Mr. Parker said.

"Oh my God. Why did you do that?" Liz asked

"Because when I find you and Maria I'll bring you both home and marry you off to someone I choose for you both," Mr. Pareker said.

"What will happen if we don't agree?" Liz asked

"I will hunt you and Maria down, I will kill Toney and Michael, then bring you home and you will pay for running away," Mr. Parker said.

"Dad you will never find me and my friends," Liz said.

"Oh really; don't worry I'll see you all really soon," Mr. Parker said.

"Over your dead body, oh, and dad go to hell," Liz said before closing her phone.

"Liz what did your Dad say?" Maria asked

"Maria we are so toast," Liz said.

"What do you mean?" Maria asked.

"I mean my dad is after us. And when he finds us, me and you, we're going home and marry the men he chooses for us," Liz said.

"Wait, we marry the men he chooses for us. What about Max and Michael?" Maria asked

"He will kill them if they are with us and he said that he will even kill Toney," Liz said.

"Oh God," Maria said.

"What were you yelling about?" Max asked

"Max you know how the warehouse blew up?' Liz asked

"Yeah, what about it?" Max asked

"Max did you see the bomb?" Liz asked

"No. Now tell me what is going on?" Max asked

"Max one of my dad's men blew up the warehouse. They knew you were inside," Liz said.

"So it is your dad trying to kill me. Why?" Max asked

"Because he knows we're friends and he doesn't want us around each other," Liz said

"Your dad can't tell you what to do. You need to live your own life," Max said.

"So what are we going to do?" Maria asked

"We stay on our toes and keep our gaurds up," Michael said.

"Yeah, But what about Max? Everyone thinks he is dead. What is he going to do?" Maria asked.

"I will stay in hiding til we think it is time for me to come out," Max said.

"How are you going to know what is going on?" Maria asked
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 110 Pg18 3/13

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 111

"Don't worry we have our ways," Michael said

"Tell us," Maria said.

"Fine if you must know Michael has a recorder on him. That is how I know everything that is going on," Max said.

"You? I can't believe you did that," Liz said.

"Liz what are you talking about?" Maria asked

"Max here has been listening to us since he faked his own death. The planning of the funeral, Pete following me and grabbing me. Did I leave anything out?" Liz asked

"No that about covers it," Max said

"So that's why Liz got pissed at you?" Maria asked

Liz and Maria looked at each other then Mariawent over to Max and stood in front of him as his eyes traveled from one girl to the other.

"Max answer me, is that why Liz got pissed? Did Michael know you did this?" Maria asked.

"Yes that's why Liz got pissed," Max said.

"What about Michael? Did he know your plan?" Maria asked.

"Yes. I knew about Max's plan. I'm sorry I didn't tell you and Liz what was going on," Michael said.

Maria walked up to Michael and slapped him hard across the face twice. Liz stood and looked between Michael and Maria and Max walked up to Maria and grabbed her arms.

"Maria, I know you're mad but we need to work together here if we are to be ready for Mr. Parker and his men when they come," Max said.

"I know," Maria said.

"So, can we please all work together from here on out?" Max asked

"Yes," Michael said.

"Sure," Liz and Maria said

"Good. Now we've got that settle down and can someone please tell me what Alice was doing at my funeral?" Max asked after he let go of Maria.

"Oh; so you noticed her there," Liz said

"Well yeah," Max said.

"All we know is that Alice came becuse she said you're her friend and she wanted to come to your funeral," Michael said

"How did you find that out?" Liz asked

"Toney called me and told me," Michael said.

"Great now we've got to deal with Alice, my father and his men," Liz said.

"Hopefully we will be able to take care of all of them," Maria said

"Yeah, that's a big 'hopefully'," Liz said.

"Don't worry we'll be able to handle this," Max said

Right at that momnet Liz's cell phone rang again; she flipped open her phone and put it to her ear.

"Hello," Liz said

"Hey. Have you seen Pete anywhere? I can't seem to find him," Toney said

"No. I haven't seen him. Michael and Maria are here I'll ask them," Liz said.

Liz pulled the phone away.

"Micael, Maria have either of you seen Pete anywhere?" Liz asked

"No. Why what is going on?" Michael asked.

"Toney can't find Pete anywhere," Liz said.

"Tell Toney I'll try and call him," Michael said

Liz put her phone to her ear and looked at Max,

"Toney, Michael said he'll try to call him, he Michael doesn't even where Pete is," Liz said

"Tell Michael not to worry. He'll hopefully show up later," Toney said

"Toney, did Alice tell you why she came back to go to the funreal?" Liz asked

"Yeah. She said she came back for the funeral because her and Max were close friends," Toney said

"Oh, really. Is she staying a while or is she leaving?" Liz asked.

"She is supposed to leave. I just don't know when yet," Toney said.

"I'll tell Michael. He asked me and I didn't know what to tell him," Liz said.

"Liz are you sure your okay with everything?" Toney asked

"Yeah, I'm fine," Liz said.

"Well you know I will be here if you need me," Toney said.

"Yeah, I know," Liz said.

"Are you still at the club?" Toney asked

"Yeah, I'm here with Michael and Maria," Liz said.

" Did Pete say anything before he left?" Toney asked

"No. I didn't hear anything," Liz said

"Ok. I better go; Alice just walked in," Toney said as Alice stood infront of him.

"Ok. You have fun," Liz said before closing her cell phone.

Liz turned and saw Max, Maria and Michael looking at her.

"What did Toney want?" Max asked

"He wanted to know if we heard where Pete went," Liz said.

"And what did you tell him?" Michael asked

"I told him I didn't hear where Pete said he was going, Toney said he had to go because Alice walked in," Liz said

"By the way where is Pete?" Michael asked

"I plea the 5th," Liz said.

Max?" Michael asked

"Um I don't know," Max said.

"Wait what do you mean you don't know?" Maria asked

"I'm going to go get a drink. So go ahead Max tell Michael where Pete is," Liz said before walking out of the room.

Liz walked down the hallway past the bar and up to the fridge and grabbed a Pepsi. She turned and saw someone standing at the glass doors and when she looked closer she saw that it was Pete. Pete was standing at the door. Liz started to walk behind the bar. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her cell phone. She dailed Max's number.

"Hello," Max said

"Max you're not going to believe this but Pete is here. He is standing outside the doors," Liz said.

"What do you mean Pete is here?" Max asked

"Just what I said Pete is at the door," Liz said

"Can you see if he is still there?" Max asked.

I'll try," Liz said.

Liz looked over the bar and saw Pete trying to get into the club.

"Max he is trying to get into the club. You and Michael need to stand out in the hallway," Liz said.

"Ok. We're leaving the office now. Just stay where you are," Max said

"Just hurry," Liz said.

Liz turned and looked down the hallway. She saw Max wave his hand, she turned and watched a trash can go through the window. Then she saw Pete walk into the club and look around he spotted Liz and stood looking at her.
Pete walked up to Liz and pulled her up from her hiding place and now they were face to face .

"What do you want?" Liz asked

"I want you," Pete said.

"Well I'm sorry to tell you this. But I'm not interested in you," Liz said.

"Oh yeah," Pete said as he pulled Liz closer to him.

"Yeah," Liz said.

"Well that is to bad. You see you were promised to me," Pete said

"By who?" Liz asked

"Your father," Pete said

"Ok. Then how about you close your eyes and I'll kiss you," Liz said.

Liz watched as Pete closed his eyes and started to lean in, then Liz grabbed a glass bottle and hit him over the head with it, it did nothing. When Pete didn't fall down Liz punched him in the gut and kneed him between the legs. After that action Liz watched as Pete fell to the ground.

After Pete fell to the ground Liz stepped away as Max and Michael walked up to her. Max put his hands on Liz's shoulders while Michael checked Pete out.

"My father promised Pete he could have me," Liz said.

"So Pete is working for your father and he is working for Toney," Michael said.

"Yeah, tell me about it," Liz said

"Everything is going to be ok," Max said.

"What are we going to do now?' Liz asked

"Easy. We are going to put Pete somewhere safe and out of sight then we are going to try and figure out what to do about him, your father and the other men," Max said.

"Where are we going to put Pete?" Liz asked
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 111 Pg18 3/18

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 112

"Don't worry. I know where we can put him," Max said.

"Why doesn't that make me feel better?" Liz asked

"I'm...I don't know," Max said.

"Bye," Liz said as she walked past Max and out the door.

Liz walked to her car and was about to open the door when someone walked up to Liz, she turned and saw Alice standing in front of her.

"What do you want Alice?" Liz asked

"I heard Pete is here. Is he still here?" Alice asked

"No. I haven't seen him and I don't even know where he went," Liz said.

"Well if you see him tell him I'm looking for him, will you?" Alice asked

"You know what Alice, I don't think so. Since you're nothing but a whore and a slut that would do or say any thing I don't think I will," Liz said.

"You're going to pay for that bitch," Alice said

"Bring it on you fuckin' whore," Liz said.

Alice charged at Liz and Liz punched her four times in the stomach and then turned and flipped Alice over her shoulder. As Alice laid there on the ground Liz grabbed her arm and twisted it.

Meanwhile in the club

Max, Maria and Michael watched as Liz handled Alice and Maria was glad that Alice was finally getting what she deserved. Maria was smiling at Max and Michael while they stood there shocked at seeing what Liz was doing.

"Someone better go out there and stop that," Max said.

"I'll go; you need to decide what to do about Pete," Michael said

Michael walked over to Liz and got Liz to let go of Alice's arm and then he pulled Liz away from Alice. Alice stood and glared at Liz.

"This isn't over bitch; I'll take you down," Alice said

"Oh yeah. You're going to be the one who's going to be sorry," Liz said as she grabbed Alice's purse and snuck a very small bug into it before throwing it at Alice.

"See you around bitch," Alice said

"See you around whore," Liz said.

Michael and Liz watched as Alice drove off and then they turned to look at each other...

"You and I are going to my office to have a talk now," Liz said

"What? What did I do?" Michael asked as Liz pushed Michael back into the club.

Liz pushed Michael into the club as Max and Maria both looked at them.

"What is going on?" Max asked

"Oh you; Michael and I are going to have a talk in my office right now," Liz said as she pushed Max by the arm to the office also.

"Maria will you keep an eye on Pete?" Liz asked

"Sure since he's already tied up," Maria sid.

Liz took Max and Michael down the hallway to the office and Liz locked the door behind them then she turned and looked at the two of them and they both noticed that Liz was truly pissed off.

"Ok. I want the truth. And I want it right now," Liz said.

"What truth?" Max asked.

Liz walked up to Max and Michael and punched them really hard in the stomach; they weren't expecting it and they both fell to the ground. It took them a couple of seconds to catch their breath before they stood up.

"Is it true?" Liz asked

"What?" Max asked

"Alice told me that she has slept with you and Michael. It that true?" Liz asked

"No. I have never slept with Alice in my life," Both men said at the same time.

"Then why did she tell me you did?" Liz asked

"Becuse she is trying to make you mad and it's working, obviously," Michael said

"Fine. I'll believe you for now," Liz said

"Liz can I talk to you alone?" Max asked

"Yeah, sure," Liz said.

"I'm going to go check on Maria; please don't kill each other?" Michael asked

"We promise," they said

"Good," Michael said.

Liz and Max watched as Michael left the office. and after Michael was gone Max locked the door after him. After the door was locked Max turned and walked over to Liz and took hold of her arm as they looked at each other.

"Max what is there to talk about?" Liz asked

"Liz what Alice told you is all a lie, so please don't believe what she says," Max said.

"Fine. Is there anything eles?" Liz asked

"Yeah, I wanted to say I'm sorry for what I did," Max said.

"I'll forgive. But you are going to have to earn my friendship back," Liz said.

"You know I will," Max said.

"We are going to have to wait and see about that," Liz said.

Max leaned in closer and looked at Liz, he put his hands on either side of her waist and Liz leaned back and looked at him...

"What would you do if I tried to kiss you right now?" Max asked

"I don't know," Liz said.

Max leaned in and kissed Liz; Liz pulled away and looked at Max.

"Max I'll give you something. But you're going to have to work really hard if you want to keep it," Liz sid.

"What is it?" Max asked

"This," Liz said as she grabbed Max by the shirt and pulled him toward her.

Liz gave Max a very deep, very passionate kiss and Max pulled Liz closer to him and then liz pushed him away..they stood there looking at each other.

"Why did you stop?" Max asked

"Because that is all you're going to get til you earn my trust again," Liz said.

"Ok. You do realize this is crazy?" Max asked

"Yeah, But you need to try," Liz said.

"Liz you know I heard everything that happened since I faked my death," Max said

"Yeah, I know you did. So you know everything that happened. But that doesn't mean you know more about me," Liz said.

"Liz you know you will trust me again," Max said.

"It was not about the trust. It's about us being friends again," Liz said.

"I know that," Max said

"Good," Liz said

"Can I have a hug?" Max asked

"Just a hug. Nothing more," Liz said.

"Yes just a hug," Max said.

Max walked over to Liz and gave her a hug and then he looked at her...

"Liz you know we are still friends. Nothing is going to change that,"Max said

"I know that Max. But right now you need to just try to," Liz said.

"Fine," Max said.

"Where are you going to stay while we are around Toney, Alice and Pete?" Liz asked

"I have been hidding out at my house. I'll only come to your house when you three are there alone," Max said.

"Have you been to the house before I hit you?" Liz asked

"No I've never been to the house; that night you saw me was the first time," Max said

"Have... I mean, are you going to tell Toney you're alive?" Liz asked

"No. I want to find out what is going on with Alice, Toney and Pete. I know something is wrong there,"Max said

"Well let's see, I found out Pete is working for my father. And he has hitmen and some other men after all of us. So I'm guessing that is about it right now," Liz said.

"Yeah, for right now," Max said.

"You know you are still weird," Liz said

"Whatever," Max said.

"M," Liz said

"Liz just to let you know I'm going to hear everything that is going on where you are," Max said.

"Oh, you are? How are you going to do that?" Liz asked.

"Easy all three of you have bugs on you," Max said.

"And what about the house?" Liz asked

"Don't worry there will be bugs there too," Max said

"Why are you doing this?" Liz asked

"That obvious, I'm going to make sure you, Michael and Maria are safe," Max said.

"Do you care what we think?" Liz asked

"No. I just want to keep you, Michael and Maria safe. No matter what," Max said.
Last edited by L-J-L 76 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 112 Pg19 3/23

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 113

"Even if that means you could end up dead?" Liz asked

"Yes," Max said

"You know your really crazy," Liz said.

"Yeah," He agreed.

There was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Liz asked as she looked at Max

"It's me Michael. I wantedto let you know Toney is on his way here to check on you," Michael said

"Ok. I'll be out in a couple of minutes," Liz said.

"Ok. Tell Max to hide somewhere til Toney is gone," Michael said

" I'll tell him," Liz said as she was looking at Max

"I guess you heard what Michael said."

"Yeah, I heard."

"So where are you going to hide?" Liz asked

"In the office, and when Toney leaves come back here and we can have a talk," Max said

"You'd better stay here," Liz said

"I promise... I'll stay right here," Max said

"You'd better." Liz said.

"You know I will, okay..." Max said

"This is getting really crazy," Liz said

"Yeah," Max agreed

"I'd better go out there. I need to talk to Maria before Toney gets here," Liz said.

Okay, see ya'," Max said

Max watched as Liz walked out of the office Max leaned back against the desk and athought about how weird this was getting...He knew that he had to make sure Liz was safe and he wanted to be with Liz in case anything happened but he didn't know how he was going to manage that...

Meanwhile in the club:

Liz walked over to Maria and Michael and they turned toward her.

"Maria can I talk to you alone?" Liz asked

"Sure," Maria asnswered...

"I'm going to go check on Max. I'll be back," Michael said.

Liz and Maria watched as Michael walked down the hall then Liz looked at Maria...

"Liz what is it?" Maria asked

"Do you think you ccould get something for me?" Liz asked

"What do you mean?" Maria asked

"I put a bug in Petes jacket. I just need to find a way to listen to what he's saying," Liz said.

"Just give me a couple of days and I should have something," Maria said.

"How?" Liz asked

"Don't worry. I have my ways. Why do you want to hear Pete?" Maria asked

"I know he's up to something and I want to find out what it is."

"Well then, hopefully we'll find out here in a couple of days." Maria said.

"Yeah, Hopefully,"

Right at that moment there was a knock on the door and the two girls saw Toney standing there waiting.

"I'm going to let Michael know Toney is here," Maria said as she turned and walked down the hallway to the office.

"Ok. See you in a few," Liz said.

Liz walked over to the door and unlocked it, stepped back as Toney walked and then locked the door after him.

When Liz turned Toney was standing in front of her.

"Did Pete come back?" Toney asked

"No. why?" Liz asked

"I got a call a few minutes ago from Pete telling me to come here," Toney said

"That's strange, I haven't seen Pete at all," Liz said

"Liz are you doing okay since you buried Max?" Toney asked

"I'm fine. I just keep myself busy," Liz said

"If you want to talk about anything I'm here for you," Toney said

"Thanks," Liz said.

"No problem," Toney said.

"How are you dealing with everything?" Liz asked

"I'm good. I'm still in shock that Max is not here anymore and plus I'm trying to deal with Alice too," Toney said

"Yeah, seeing Alice at Max's funeral was surprising," Liz said

"You're telling me. I didn't know she knew Max. And I sure as hell didn't know she was going to show up," Toney said.

"I guess Alice is full of surprises," Liz said

"Yeah, I guess she is," Toney said

Toney and Liz both looked at each other. Toney raised his hand and moved a hair away from her cheek.

"Liz I wanted to say I'm sorry for hurting you the way I did," Toney said.

"Toney I . . . ," Liz said.

"Liz all I'm saying is I'm sorry. And I hope we can be friends,"

"Toney, I do want us to be friends but I'm still mad about you for cheating on me with Alice,"

"Can we ever be real friends?" Toney asked

"Maybe one day," Liz said

"Good. That is all I'm hoping for,"

"Yeah," Liz said

Meanwhile in the office:

Maria and Michael were watching and listening to what Liz and Toney were talking about.

"What is going on?" Max asked

"They are just talking," Maria said

"Yeah, we heard what they are talking about," Michael said

"I know that. But what I don't get is how Pete is supposed to be here and how he called Toney when I tied him up," Max said.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see," Maria said.

A few minutes later Max, Maria and Michael watched as Pete walked into the club and walked up to Toney and Liz. Liz turned and saw Pete standing infront of her.

"Sorry I got tied up," Pete said.

Toney turned and looked at Pete.

"It's ok. I just got here a few minutes ago," Toney said

"Oh good," Pete said

"So what did you need to talk about?" Toney asked.

"Toney I think it would be safer for Liz and Maria to put an alarm system at the house and here," Pete said

"I agree with Pete you girls need to have an alarm system. I will feel better if you did," Toney said.

"Toney, Maria and I already decided to get an alarm system. Michael said he would put the system in tomorrow," Liz said.

"Good. Are you going to put one in here also?" Toney asked

"Yes, of course, you know me," Liz said.

"Who is going to have the password fot the alarm system here and at your house?" Pete asked

" Maria and Michael and me," Liz said.

"What about me? I'm your body gaurd too," Pete asked.

"Hell no!!! I don't trust you. And I don't want you anywhere near me, Maria or Michael. So deal with that," Liz said.

"Liz you need to learn to trust me. I'm here to protect you also," Pete said.

"When hell freezes over is when I will trust you," Liz said.

"Ok stop it. You both need to try and get along," Toney said

"That is never going to happen," Liz said

"Why?" Toney asked

"Because I hate him," Liz said.

"Hey, you both are going to have to try and get along," Toney said.

"Never going to happen," Liz said

"You both need to try. I'm going to leave. I want you both to try and get along,"Toney said.

Toney looked at Liz and Pete. Then he turned and walked out of the door. He walked to his car; got in and drove off.

In the club:

Liz and Pete stared at each other and then Pete walked started walking Liz backwards until her back hit the bar. Then Pete grabbed Liz by the arm and lifted her up. He sat her onto the bar and held her there as she tried to break loose of Pete's grasp but she couldn't. Liz pushed Pete away but Pete tightened his hold on her. Liz was strugling against him but he raised his hand and back slapped her three times. After the first time she passed out and while Liz was passed out Pete ran his hands all over her body. Liz woke up while Pete was touching her and she sat up and punched Pete really hard in the face twice.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 113 Pg19 3/27

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 114

Liz watched as Pete fell to the ground and then she twisted and grabbed a bar towel. She wrapped some ice in the towel and then put the towel to her cheek. She slid off the bar and leaned down and checked Pete for a pulse. When she found the pulse was normal she reached into his pocket and pulled out Pete's wallet and opened it. She looked through the wallet and found credit cards,his
driver's liences, Mr. Parkers number, pictures and a condom. She grabbed her dad's number and the credit cards and put them into her pocket. She looked at the pictures and saw they were pictures of her dad and Pete at work. She turned and wrote something on a piece of paper then put it in the wallet then reached down and put the wallet back into his pocket.

Liz stood up and went behind the bar to get more ice for her face. A few seconds later Pete woke up and stood up he saw Liz behind the bar holding a towel to her cheek.

"What is wrong sweet cheeks?" Pete asked

"I'm not sweet cheeks you jerk," Liz said.

"To me you are," Pete said

"Never you low life," Liz said.

"Oh, But your dad said we would be great together," Pete said

"Over his dead body," Liz said before walking away.

Pete walked to Liz and grabbed her, turned her to face him and then he leaned in and kissed her. Liz pulled away from Pete and slapped him across the face as hard as she could and when she turned to walk away again Pete grabbed her and pulled her to him once again.

"I would like to see you try that again bitch," Pete said.

Liz raised her knee and kneed Pete between the legs and Pete let go of her quite quickly and then she punched him in the stomach really hard and then she caught him a really good one in the face with her elbow. She watched as Pete fell to the floor where she left him lay.

"No one grabs me or kisses me without my ok. Got that Pete?" Liz said angerly

"Oh," Pete said.

"I hope that was you got it," Liz said.

"It was you crazy bitch," Pete said.

"Good. Now get out of here or else," Liz said.

"Or else what?" Pete said as he stood up.

Liz reached behind her and pulled a gun and pointed it straight at Pete. Pete just stood there and watched.

"You don't know how to shoot a gun," Pete said

"Oh, yeah," Liz said as she fired one shot right next to Pete's feet.

Pete jumped, looked at the ground then looked at Liz. He saw that Liz was very serious about shooting him.

"Fine. I'll leave. But this is not over," Pete said as he walked to the door.

Liz followed Pete to the door. When Pete was outside Liz still had the gun pointed at him. Pete walked to his car, got in and drove off.

After Pete was gone Liz locked the doors and put the gate up to make sure no one broke in. She turned and saw Max and Michael looking at her.

"Hey," Liz said

"Are you ok?" Max asked

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a little sore," Liz said

"I bet you are," Michael said

Max and Liz both turned and looked at Michael.

"Sorry," Michael said

"Is Maria doing ok?" Liz asked

"Yeah, she just couldn't believe what Pete had said," Michael said

"Yeah, that is how I feel too," Liz said

"We better go get everything cleaned up. Then we can go home," Max said.

"Yeah,that sounds like a good idea," Liz said.

Max, Liz and Michael all started to clean up the club and in no time at all the club was cleaned. Liz walked down the hallway to the office and when she opened the door she saw Maria sitting at the desk. Maria looked up and saw Liz looking at her as she walked into the office...

"Maria what is wrong?" Liz asked

"Liz I saw what Pete did and I heard what he said too. I think Pete is very crazy... and God knows what he'll do next," Maria said.

"I know. I thought I could handle him, guess I was wrong," Liz said

"Liz what are you going to do?" Maria asked

"Hopefully Pete will leave us alone for awhile," Liz said

"And what will happen if he doesn't?" Maria asked

"You're going to leave it to us sand we will handle it," Max said

Liz and Maria turned and saw Max and Michael standing in the doorway.

"What do you mean you're going to handle it?" Liz asked

"Don't worry about it," Max said

"You know that doesn't make me feel better," Liz said.

"Yeah, All we're saying is we are going to handle it," Max said

"Whatever," Liz said

"Ok. Now can we please finish this at home?" Maria asked

"Fine," Liz and Max said.

"Good, lets go home then," Maria said.

They all walked out of the office to the main club area and looked around. They made sure they hadn't missed any spots and decided that everything was cleaned so they headed to the door.

"Everything is all cleaned. Lets go home," Michael said

They walked to the door and unlocked the gate. Max pulled the gate back as the others walked out the door and after everyone was out Michael turned and locked the door and pulled the gate back in front of the door. When he turned he saw Liz, Maria and Max already in the car. The girls were in the back seat while Max sat in the front seat. Michael went and got in, started the car and drove off, bothe he and Max kept looking around for anyone that might be tailing them.

When they got to the house Max and Michael got out of the car first then Liz and Maria got out. They walked to the house and Maria reached in and pulled the house keys out of her pocket. She unlocked the door and let everyone in before Michael locked up behind them.

"Liz are you sure you ok?" Michael asked

"Michael I'm fine," Liz said.

"I still can't believe he did that to you," Maria said

"Maria it's ok. I'm going to go to bed," Liz said.

Liz walked out of the living room and up the stairs and headed down the hallway to her room. She turned and shut the door behind her and then she walked to her bed and sat down. She looked around then changed clothes and a few minuts later she walked over to her window and looked out. There she saw Pete in the drive way looking up at her. She didn't know what he was trying to do but whatever it was she knew she couldn't be afraid of him.

While she stood looking out the window Max walked in and saw what she was doinjg and walked up behind her and looked out the window also...there he also saw Pete looking up at Liz.

"Liz you need to get away from the window," Max said

"Why? He doesn't scare me," Liz said

"Liz please get away from the window?" Max asked

Liz turned and looked at Max and noticed the worried look on his face...

"Your worried about me," Liz said

"Yes, now come away from the window," Max said.

"Max?" Liz questioned...

"Liz I'm worried about you. No matter where you go or who you are with I worry about you, now come away from the window.
"
"Why do you worry about me so much?" Liz asked

"Because I care about you," Max said.

"Max do you worry about me because we are friends or is it more than that?" Liz asked

"I don't know," Max said.

"You know you confuse the hell out of me," Liz said

"Sometime it is good to be confusing to people... and other times not so much," Max said.

"Okay," Liz said, wondering just what Max meant...

"You know I confuse myself sometimes," Max said

"Max what are you going to do about Pete?" Liz asked

"Do you want the truth?" Max asked

"Yes, what are you going to do to Pete?" Liz asked

"This is just between you and me," Max said

"Yes of course," Liz said.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 114 Pg20 4/1

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 115

"I'm going to make him pay for everything he's done to all of you," Max said.

"So in other words you're going to beat the shit out of him," Liz said

"Yes," Max said determinedly

"Do you really think that's going to help?" Liz asked

"It's better then being afraid and getting hurt by this guy," Max said.

"Well that's true but that still doesn't make things better for any one of us," Liz said.

"No, but it will keep you alive," Max said.

"But it won't help anything," Liz said.

"Why are you like this?" Max asked

"Because. Why are you acting like this?" Liz asked.

"Because I want us to survive this," Max said.

"I want us to survive this also," Liz said.

"Something has changed, I can tell, but what is it?" Max asked

"I don't know, I don't want to talk about it," Liz said.

"No...I want to know, tell me," Max said

"I can't right now," Liz said as she chewed on her bottom lip.

"Liz just tell me," Max pleaded.

"I can't. Please; just leave it alone Max."

"No. I want to know," Max said.

"Sorry I can't tell you."

"Liz, you're going to have to tell me sometime." Max said.

"Max, I can't."

"Fine! I'll see you in the morning Liz." Max said as he left the room.

After Max left her room she went over to her window and looked out; Pete was gone and she relaxed. She made her way over to her bed and laid down, covered heself with her blankets and in a few minutes whe was fast asleep.

Menawhile down stairs:

Max , Michael and Maria were sitting on the couch when Max spoke,

"Maria do you know what Liz is hiding?"

"No; what's wrong now?" She asked.

"I don't know; I just know that she is hiding something. I have no idea what it could be." Max said

"Max, Liz will tell you when she's ready, you can't push her, it won't work." Maria said

"I just want to have an idea what's going on," Max said.

"I agree with Maria Max, don't push her," Michael said.

"I'm not trying to push her, honest. I just want to know what is happening," Max said

"Max, Liz will tell you when she is ready," Michael said.

"I know I just wish she would tell me now so I could help." Max said

"Max you know how Liz can be; just wait until she comes to you to tell you," Maria said.

"I guess I'll have to; oh before I forget, Pete was standing outside looking up at Liz in her room," Max sid.

"What did Liz do?" Michael asked

"Liz just looked at him; then she turned and looked at me," Max said.

"So that is when you and Liz got into an arguement," Maria said.

"Yes." Max said.

"Max, whatever Liz is hiding from you just give her time. She will tell you," Maria said.

"What happens if it is something bad?" Max asked

"Max, no matter what it is Liz will tell you but you need to give her time," Michael said

"Fine, but if she doesn't tell me soon then I'm going to try and find out on my own," Max said

"Are you staying here tonight Max?" Maria asked

"Yes, if that is ok with you," Max said

"Oh, sure, it's fine. You and Michael can sleep in the spare room," Maria said.

"What?" Michael slmost yelled.

"You and Max are going to share a room while Max is here," Maria said very calmly.

"Are you crazy?" Michael asked

"No. You both need to try and get used to this. Because, until Max tells everyone he is still alive you will be sharing a room with each other. Well good night guys," Maria said before walking out of the living room and going upstairs to bed.

Max and Michael watched as Maria walked out of the living room and went up the stairs, they could hear her walk to her room. They waited a few minutes then they heard a door shut and Max and Michael turned and looked at each other.

"Max how about you get the room and I will stay down here and keep watch," Michael said.

"Are you sure?" Max asked

"Yeah, I want to make sure nothing happens while everyone is asleep," Michael said.

"Ok. I guess I will see you in the morning," Max said.

"Yeah see you in the morning," Michael said.

Michael watched as Max walked up the stairs and a few minutes later her heard the door shut. Michael walked over to the couch and sat down, he streatched out on the couch and a few minutes later he was fast asleep.

In The Morning:

When Liz woke up she went to her closet, opened the door and started to look for something to wear, she grabbed some clean underwear and a few minutes later she headed to the bathroom with a pair of hip hugger jeans and a blue short sleeved shirt. She brushed her teeth took a shower and then she went back to her room and cleaned it up. After her room was cleaned she walked to her bed room door and opened it and when she walked out and started down the hall she bumped into Max. They stopped and looked at each other.

"What?" Liz asked.

"Liz will you ever tell me what your hiding?" Max asked.

"Maybe," Liz said

"Yeah?" Max questioned...

Liz walked past Max and went down the stairs and made her way into the kitchen. She walked up to the cabinet and grabbd a coffee cup and went to the coffee pot where she poured herself some coffee then turned and saw Max standing infront of her.

"God Max; what do you want?" Liz asked.

"I want you to talk to me," Max said.

"Max I have nothing to say," Liz said.

"Liz I know something is bothering you; I just wish you would talk to me," Max said

"No," Liz said.

"Liz," Max coaxed...

Right at that moment the door bell rang. Max and Liz looked at each other as they heard talking.

"Hey is Liz here I need to talk to her," Toney said.

"Yeah, let me see if I can find her," Michael said.

Michael walked into the kitchen just in time to see Liz push Max into the broom closet. She turned and looked at Michael who just looked at her and then stared at the broom closet.

"Max?" Michael mouthed as he pointed to the closet.

Liz noded her head yes.

"Hey Michael, what's up?" Liz practically squeaked out...

"Um, Toney is here to talk to you," Michael said.

"Oh, what about?" Liz asked

"I don't know, maybe you should talk to him and find out," Michael said.

"Okay. I'll be right out," Liz said.

Liz was about to walk out of the kitchen when Toney walked in; they looked at each other for a second and then Toney said,

"Hey,"

"Hey," Liz said.

"Um, what do we need to talk about?" Liz asked

"I was wanting to know why you and Pete don't get along?" Toney asked.

"Because I don't like him. He grabs my arm too tight, he invades my space, he pulls me close to him, he pushes me around and he acts like he owns me. And I know I don't belong to anyone, especially him but he keeps pushing. He makes me uncomfortable and that is why I don't like him and I don't want to be around him," Liz said was starting to get very excited...

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," Toney said.

"Toney, I'd rather Michael be my body guard; can we do that?" Liz asked

"Are you sure you just want Michael to protect you and Maria?" Toney asked

"Yes. I think Michael can protect Maria and me. You should keep Pete with you and Alice just in case you need him," Liz said.

"Yeah, okay, I guess Michael can protect the two of you. I'd better go, I'll talk you later," Toney said.

"Bye Toney," Liz said.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 115 Pg20 4/6

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 116

Michael walked Toney out of the kitchen through the hall and to the front door, he watched Toney get into his car and drive off. After Michael was sure Toney was gone he locked the door and walked back into the kitchen he saw Liz opening the closet door and Max walked out and looked at Liz.

"Why did you push me into the closet?" Max asked

"Because I figured Toney would walk in here with Michael. Did you want him to see you?" Liz asked

"No. But you didn't need to push me into the closet," Max said.

"Whatever," Liz snarked.

"Whatever? God Liz, come on!" Max said.

"Liz why did you want me to protect you and Maria?" Michael asked

"Because I trust you and I know you won't let us get hurt. Unlike Pete, who I don't trust at all, plus Pete works for my father who I know is up to something. But noone knows what," Liz said.

"Okay, that is understandable," Michael said.

Maria walked into the kitchen and looked at her three friends.

"Hey, what's going on?" she asked.

"Toney was here and Max had to hide," Liz said.

"Liz, here is that thing you wanted me to get for you," Maria said.

"You got it already?" Liz asked

"Yeah, here you go." Maria said as she handed it to Liz.

"Thanks, you're the greatest," Liz said

"I know," Maria sor of giggled through her reply.

"Okay. What are you two talking about?" Michael asked

"That is for us to know and for you to never know," the two girls chimed.

"I hate it when you do that," Michael said.

"We know," they said.

"I have a question; what you both are doing, it isn't dangerous is it? And you will not be going to jail right?" Michael asked

Liz and Maria both looked at each other then turned and looked at Michael.

"No," They said.

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" Max said skeptically.

"I don't know; you have nothing to do with what we're doing," Liz said

Maria and Michael both looked between Max and Liz; they knew there was something beween the two of them but they didn't know what it was.

"Okay, um Liz, come on we need to go," Maria said

""Where are you two going?" Michael asked

"Shopping. You said you would take us. Since Max can't go anywhere, he has to stay here," Maria said

"Oh, sorry I forgot," Michael said.

"Well you'd better go upstairs and get ready," Maria said

"Okay; give me 15 minutes and I'll be ready to go," Michael said

"Cool. I need to go get my purse," Maria said.

Maria turned and saw Max and Liz glaring at each other.

"Liz I'll be right back. Please don't kill each other,"Maria said

"Fine," they said

"Good," Maria said before walking out of the kitchen.

Michael walked out after Maria and they both went to get what they needed.

Meanwhile in the kitchen:

"Liz what are you and Maria up to?" Max asked

"Sorry, I can't tell you," Liz said

"You can't or you won't." Max questioned.

"Both," Liz said.

"Liz just tell me already," Max said.

"No. I can't," Liz said

"Liz?" Max begged.

"No, now I've got to go," Liz said

"Wait a damn minute," Max said as he grabbed Liz.

Max turned Liz to look at him and their eyes locked...

"Just tell me one thing," Max said

"What?" Liz asked

"Whatever your doing is not dangerous is it?" Max asked

"Max we are not doing anything dangerous," Liz said.

"Fine. But if anything happens you know what to do right,"Max said

"Yes I know what to do. You need to stop worrying so much," Liz said.

"Okay; but I still don't like not knowing what you're up to," Max said.

"You need to relax," Liz said

"Yeah, I know; relax!" Max sighed.

"So just do it," Liz said

"I can't because whatever you're up to makes me worry," Max said.

"Max you need to stop worrying; we are not doing anything bad," Liz said

"Why does that seem so hard to believe?" Max asked

"Gee; I don't know. You tell me," Liz said.

Maria walked into the kitchen and saw Liz and Max still glaring at each other.

"Come on we need to leave," Maria said.

"Okay," Liz said.

Liz was about to walk out when she turned back to look at Max.

"You have fun Max," Liz said before walking out of the kitchen.

Max watched as Liz walked out of the kitchen and then he followed and watched as she and Maria walked out the door. He walked over to the window and watched as they got into the car and drove off.

After they were gone Max sat down in the easy chair to watch some TV when he heard a noice coming from the kitchen...He stood up and walked down the hall toward the kitchen and the sounds were getting louder. When he walked into the kitchen there wasn't anyone there. He looked around around, checking it all out ant then walked out of the kitchen and back to the living room where he sat back down to watch TV again... While Max was watching TV he heard more sounds and then he heard something breaking.

Max reached down to his ancle holster and pulled out his gun; he got back up and and walked towards the kitchen once more. He quietly listened for a few seconds then he walked in. There he saw a man standing and looking around; he very softly walked up to the man and pointed his gun right against the man's neck and the man dropped whatever it was that he was holding and raised his arms in the air.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Max asked.

"I'm just here to see if my boss's daughter still lives here," The man said.

"Who is your boss and who is your boss's daughter?" Max asked

"Mr. Parker is my boss and his daughter is Liz Parker," The man said.

"Well as you can see she is not here," Max said.

"Where is she?" The Man asked

"I don't know," Max said.

"I think you do know, you're just not telling me," The man said

"You're right I'm not going to tell you and I think it is time for you to leave," Max said

"No; I came here to find Miss Parker and that is exactly what I am going to do. Now you'd better put that gun down before someone gets hurt," The man said

"No you'd better leave now before I shoot you," Max said

"You don't have the balls to do it," The Man said

"Wanna make a bet," Max said

Right at that moment the Man turned and takes the gun away from Max, and Max and the man start to push each other around the kitchen. As they were fighting they kept knocking things around and when Max punched the guy in the face the man dropped the gun. Max kicked the gun away from the guy and held the guy against the wall. As Max held the man against the wall Michael, Liz and Maria walked into the house and ran directly to the kitchen where they heard the noise. When they walked into the kitchen they saw Max holding a guy against the wall.

"What is going on?" Michael asked

"This guy works for Mr. Parker and he was looking for Liz and Maria," Max said

"Mark?" Liz asked with a shock look on her face.

"Yes it's me," Mark said

"What in the hell are you doing here? And why are you working for my father?" Liz asked

"I'm here to find you and I'm working for your father because he promised to drop the charges he had on me," Mark said

"Unbelieveable," Liz said

"Wait. What charges?" Maria asked

"About me dating an under aged girl," Mark said.

"Wait my dad charged you because of me?" Liz asked.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 116 Pg21 4/10

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 117

"Yes,"Mark said

"Oh boy," Maria said

"Great, just what I needed," Liz said

"Wait, you and Mark dated?" Max asked

"Yes; okay we did," Liz said

"How old were you when you dated?" Michael asked

No one said a word.

"Someone say something," Michael said

"When we were all in high school Liz and I dated. I was 18 and Liz was 16," Mark said

"Okay, that's reasonable," Max said

"Maybe you can tell us why Mr. Parker wants us dead," Michael said

Mark looked at Liz and Maria and then at Max and Michael.

"They don't know do they?" Mark asked

"No. They don't know. We were going to tell them," Maria said

"Before or after your father found them and put them in prison for life," Mark said

"Before okay; you're bad you know that, right?" Liz said

"Yeah, I'm bad because of what your father did," Mark said

"Oh, Will you just shut up," Liz snarked

"What don't we know?" Michael asked

"Um, lets just say we didn't tell you certain things about ourselves," Liz said

"What do you mean?" Max asked

"What they are trying to tell you is they're holding back on important information about themselves." Mark said.

"Fine, if you want to know I'll tell you." Liz was frustrated now...

"Just tell us," Max said

"How old do you think Maria and I are?" Liz asked

"You both look about 21,"Michael said

"Wrong!," Mark said

"What do you mean by wrong?" Max asked

"Oh, boy Max and Michael there's something you need to know," Liz said

"What is it?" Max asked

"We're 19," Maria said

"What?" Max and Michael said

"Liz, Maria do you know how old Max and Michael are?" Mark asked

"No, we don't know," Liz said

"Max and Michael are 22 year olds," Mark said

"So what! You're 22 too," Maria said

"Good to see you haven't changed..." Mark said

"Oh bite me. You're still an asshole," Maria said

"Please stop! This isn't helping anything," Liz said

"Fine, but he started it." Maria said.

"Is that all you were hiding?" Max asked

"Yes. that's it," Liz said.

"Now what?" Maria asked

"I'm leaving now but you had better stay on your toes. The others and I will be coming back when you least expect it," Mark said

"We'll be ready for you and anybody else who wants to come," Max said

"We'll see," Mark said before he walked out of the house.

The four waited until Mark was out the door then looked at each other...

"So that was your ex-boyfriend? Max asked

"Yeah, one of them," Liz said

"Just how many exes do you have?" Max asked

"Three..." Liz said

"Oh," Max said suprisedly.

Max and Liz turned their attention to Michael and Maria who staring at each other...

"How many exes do you have?" Michael asked

"Three," Maria said

"Oh," Michael was as surprised as max was...

Liz looked at Max and Michael.

"Are you guys shocked about our age or how many exes we have?" Liz asked

"I think that's a good summation; yes we're shocked at both of you. You should have told us," Max said

"Yeah; I agree with Max. I just wish you both would have told us sooner," Michael said

"If we had told you sooner would you have stayed and become friends or even more then friends?" Maria asked

"Yeah, we would be friends. But nothing more then that," Michael said

"Really?" Maria asked

"Yes. Maria I didn't know how old you were," Michael said

"So I guess now there is no more us is there?" Maria asked

"I don't know," Michael said.

Max and Liz were staring at each other during Maria and Michael's conversation and then Liz took hold of Max's hand and led him into the kitchen.

"I thought we should leave them alone so they could talk," Liz said.

"Yeah, that seems like a good idea," Max said

"Good thing we didn't do anything," Liz said

"Liz,' Max said

"What? I'm just saying," Liz said

"Liz you and I both know what happened between us," Max said

"Yeah, I know but you're the one who wants to forget it," Liz said.

"Liz I'm sorry. I was not trying to hurt you," Max said

"Well guess what? You did! So now just leave me alone," Liz said.

"I can't; I'm worried about you," Max said

"Well Max you can stop worrying now," Liz said.

"You know I'll never stop worrying about you,"

"Well, I can take care of myself thank you," Liz said

"Liz you need to understand, no matter what happens between us I will always worry about you," Max sid

"Whatever," Liz snarked

"No... not whatever. You need to remember that I'll always care about you," Max said

"Fine," Liz said

Right at that moment Liz's cell phone ringed. she reached in her pocket and pulled it out, turning away from Max...

"Hello," Liz said

"Hello my daughter," Mr. Parker said

"What do you want?" Liz said as she turned and looked at Max.

"I heard Mark paid you a visit," Mr. Parker said

"Yes he did. I'll ask again what do you want?" Liz asked

"I just want to know how things are. I hope you have someone angry and in pain," Mr. Parker said

"I just have one thing to tell you," Liz said

"What would that be?" Mr. Parker asked...

"Oh, that's easy, FUCK OFF and leave us alone. Oh, and one more thing; you're never going to find us or Al and Beauty. We're getting very good at disappearing. Bye." Liz said as she closed her cell phone.

Lis was still looking at Max and then he asked...

"Who was that?"

"That was my father,"

"What did he have to say that made you so angry?"

"He heard that Mark paid us a visit adn that he hoped that someone was in pain and that someone was mad."

"What did you tell him?"

"You heard what I said," Liz practially yelled...

"Yeah I heard,"

Liz and Max stared at each other for a minute and then Liz got a smile on her face.

"What?" Max asked

"Come on. I've got a plan," Liz said as she pulled Max by the arm out of the living room.

They walked into the living room and saw Michael and Maria kissing.

"Excuse me," Liz said

Max and Liz stopped and looked at each other and Maria and Michael just kept right on kissing; finally Liz turned and looked at Max who understood what Liz wanted and he nodded his head to her...

"Hey stop making out," Max yelled

Maria and Michael stopped immediately and turned to look at the other couple...

"What?" Michael said

"I need your help with something we are going to send to my dad," Liz said with a smile on her face.

"What would you need help with?"Michael asked

"What are you going to send your dad?" Maria asked