Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult)Epilogue 7/14/19 Complete

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult)Epilogue 7/14/19 Complete

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Title Building A New Life
Author Roswelllostcause
Category M/L AU with aliens
Rating Adult
Disclaimer Roswell is owned by a lot of people. I am not now nor have ever been one of them.
Summary Earth is a dying planet, an alien race gives select humans a chance for a new life on their planet. But it comes with tough choices.

Part 1

She walked quickly down the crumbling street, pass buildings that once housed homes and businesses. But that was before the last war that killed nearly one billion people. Most were civilians. Nearly all of them were killed by fallout from the nuclear weapons that were set off. She was one of the lucky ones. She had been outside of both the blast and fall out zones. Her parents had not been so lucky. They had been in one of the factories working. That was nearly six years ago. She had been thirteen. She had been alone since then. If someone was in the hot zone when the bombs went off they couldn't leave. She had seen on a video that her parents survived for a while. But died less then a year after the blast. As she walked she kept an eye out for the gang that ruled this part of the city. She finally reached the door to the building that she lived in. It was one of the few that was deemed safe. Not by much. It had once been a high end hotel. Not any more though. But it was one of the few places the gangs could not enter yet. The others who lived in the building paid some former Marines to guard it. She gave what little she could. But she knew that there were other girls and women who "paid" their fee with their bodies. More then one of the men had tried to get her to pay that way. So far she had been able to fight them off. But it was becoming harder to get water and food. In fact it had been almost three days since she had more then a slice of bread to eat. She stopped at her mail box and found an envelope with her name and strange symbols on it. She knew then it was the answer to her application to go to the alien planet. She rushed into her room and ripped open the envelope. She pulled out the letter and began to read.

You have been selected to go on to the next phase of the application process. You are to report to the Antarian complex within 48 hours of the time you receive this letter.

She looked at a disk that was also in the envelope. The time had started to tick down. She had nearly 47 and a half hour to report. Luckily for her she could make it there in less the two hours on foot. She would set out at first light in the morning not that much sun got through the thick clouds that covered the planet. But it was still much safer to travel during daylight hours then at night.

"You believe this girl will pass the medical exam?" Asked one of the Antarian men in charge of the complex.
"Yes. She will of course need to be treated for radiation poisoning like any human. But there is no reason she won't be able to pass other wise. Besides it's not like she can't be cured of anything she may have." Said a young woman.
"Why do you want this one so badly?"
"Because she will make the perfect queen."
"Why her?"
"This girl is one of the last truly pure souls left on this wasteland of a planet."
"She will need a lot of training to become queen."
"That is why the Prince sent his slave girl. That girl is to be the companion of this girl."
"That slave isn't even of the Antarian race! She is a Paylor! That savage race from Te'Jog!"
"The slave has been trained by the Queen and Princess on what to teach the human bride."
"I hope they are right to trust a Paylor."

TBC
Last edited by Roswelllostcause on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:31 am, edited 60 times in total.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 1 3/30/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Interesting start to the story. Can't wait to find out who the girls is. Can't wait to find out who the slave girl is. And can't wait to find how Liz's trips will go. Hopefully Liz will be safe and have a safe journey to meeting point and to a planet.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I like this new twist.......guess the girl is Liz and the prince is Max?
Can't wait for more.
Thanks
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Please please come back with more really really soon? Can't wait to find out what will happen next?

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 You get some answers here.

Carolyn Got wait and see how everyone fits into this story.

Part 2

She walked out of the building not long after sunrise. The morning was cool and hazy. Much like most days since the bombs had gone off. Where she lived was only fifty miles from the hot zone that was once known as Los Angeles. This was about as close as anyone was a loud to be to the hot zone. New York city was also a hot zone, as was Washington DC. The only things she carried with her were a bottle of water and the letter and time disk. She knew if she passed this part of the screening she would leave everything she had behind. Not that she had much. Nothing worth keeping anyway. What she had no idea of knowing was that the aliens had a protector following her. They had been watching her since before she sent them her application. That had she not applied herself that they would have sent her a letter inviting her to be screened. She knew what she had applied for. She was to be what was once called a mail order bride. She by applying was agreeing to marry a man she had never met or even seen. She also would not know anything about this man other then he was part of the noble class of Antar until she arrived on the other planet.

He walked through the palace to his father's office. He knew what his father wanted. They had selected his bride. That she only had to pass the health screening to start her new life as the future Queen of the Antarian Empire. What very few knew was not long ago his father had signed the order to start importing humans from Earth that were healthy to be slaves. He knocked on the door and waited. Once he was given the word he walked in.

"Sit down Maxwell."

Maxwell the Crowned Prince and heir to the Antarian Empire sat in a chair across from his father.

"You wanted to see me dad?" Asked Maxwell
"Yes son. As we speak the young woman selected to be your wife from the applicants is going through the health screening."
"What do we know about her?"
"She is nineteen years old. She was orphaned six years ago when her parents were caught in one of the hot zones. She will need a lot of training but should catch on fast."
"Do we have a name?"
"Yes Max, her name is Elizabeth. But there is a note here that she likes to be called Liz."
"She did know what she was applying for right?"
"Son this girl is far from stupid. She has never had a lover no matter what kind of pressure she was put under. She would go hungry rather then use her body to pay the guards where she lived for protection from the gangs."
"How long after she arrives will we plan the bonding ceremony?"
"Two months. If that Payor does what you told her to do."
"Dad, Serena knows her job."
"I hope you are right. You have had discipline issues with that slave in the past."
"Dad, it has been nearly a year since there has been a problem."
"Just make sure there aren't any more. I will send her to the edge of the Empire."
"Understood."

Max left his father's office to take care of some things.

TBC

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 2 4/1/19

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So Max and Liz are going to be married. That will be interesting. Wow Max had problems with Serena. Wonder what kind of problems Max had with Serena. Can't wait to find out if Liz finds Serena following her. Can't wait to find out how the screening and Antar will go for Liz.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

It appears that Liz is aware of her situation as a "mail order bride".
Serena had discipline problems in the past??? This is interesting.
Thanks, Carolyn
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Interesting start. Looking forward to more.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 Yes Max and Liz are going to be married. Now who said it is Serena following Liz? It's a protector following her. As for what Serena did to causes problems you got to wait to find out.

Carolyn Liz is very awere of what her contract was for when she signed it. When you learn Serena's background you may understand her disapline issues.

RoswellFan68 Thanks.

Part 3

Serena watched as the human girl was taken to the decontamination room. This young woman was the one she had to turn into a princess. She wished that the Prince had chosen someone else. But the fact was she had no choice but to follow the order. It had been two years ago she had been sentenced to be a slave after she destroyed a statue of King Raygor the 5th of Antar. He had been the Antarian King that had conquered her home planet. While Te'Jog's dominant race the Jog'tee were welcomed in as full citizens of the Empire. The race that Serena belonged to the Paylor were not. They were treated poorly mostly because they lived a simpler life in harmony with nature. Her people were much like what she had learned the aboriginal people of Earth had once been. But that was before the humans destroyed their world with nuclear weapons.

"She has passed all the tests."
"That is good Doctor."
"Serena, you do know I don't feel the same way about your people that others do."
"I know. I just don't understand why the Prince wants me to train his wife to be. I have always hated the Antarian Royals."
"Max, trusts you. He knows you will do a good job. If only because you don't want to be sent to one of the planets on the edge of the Empire. A place where you would be put to hard labor, and if you caused problems would be put to death no questions asked."
"Tell me Kara do you like the way my people are treated?"
"I don't agree with it. But the fact is I can't change it. The King is the only one that can change things."
"The current King won't change anything. He hates Paylors. Just like every King before him for the past 200 years. Even before I was placed in these bans I lived in virtual bondage."
"Max, wants to change things. In time he may be able to. But it will take time and he has to be king first."
"I can't believe it until I see proof."

Serena turned and walked away. Kara sighed. She wished there was something she could do to help the young woman. But she couldn't.

Max, I hope you will bring the changes needed to help bring peace to the Empire. Thought Kara

Elizabeth Parker dressed in the clothes she had been given and then followed who she thought was a guard to a room. On a ship. She knew that she had passed the last screening then.

"Someone will be with you shortly to begin teaching you what you need to know before your bonding to your mate." Said the guard with no emotion in his voice.
"Who is this man?"
"You will be told when you need to know."

The guard left and Elizabeth sat down on the bed.

He paced in his room on the ship. He had no idea why he agreed to the contract. A contract that had him going to another planet. Though with the way things were on Earth it was safer to go to the unknown. His contract was for work, he knew that there were others that were going to Antar as mates for Antarians. There were still others that were being taken not by choice to be laborers, what he really was thinking of a polite way to say slaves. He had seen both men and women in the complex and on the ship with gold, sliver or black bans on their arms. The doctor that gave him his exam had told him what they meant. While Dr. Kara didn't agree with slave labor she admitted that it was needed at this time. Not counting the new human slaves most were slaves as punishment for a non violent crime. Kara had pointed out Serena, a young woman about his age as an example. She was from a race called Paylor, sort of like what he knew as Native Americans from a planet called Te'Jog. Te'Jog was conquered by Antar nearly 200 years ago. Paylors have mostly been treated badly by Antar's government, the Royals historical were the worst. Serena after being denied entry into one of the universities solely based on race in a bout of anger destroy a statue of the King that had conquered her planet. Kara had told him that the Crowned Prince had taken Serena's papers, if he hadn't she would have been sent to the very edge of the Empire for hard labor. He laid down on his bed as the ship began to lift off. It would take nearly six months Earth time to travel to Antar.

TBC

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Building A New Life (AU, M/L, Adult) Pt 3 4/4/19

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I'd be like Liz, wondering who she would be trained for to be his mate?
Hope Serena will be kind and considerate.
Now I wonder who signed the contract for work going to Antar??
So many questions, can't wait to find out more.
Thanks