Lost & Found (CC, Mature) - Chapter 48 - Completed: 03/28/2019

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Lost & Found - Chapter 44 - 03/04/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

Isabel knew Max had made the right decision to beg off and head to the station, so he didn’t have to endure the reunion between Kyle and Isabella. She knew it would be painful to watch and she didn’t want her brother to have that kind of pain. Yet she knew how much her husband missed his daughter, and she felt relief for both Kyle and Isabella to be able to reunite again. As Bella pestered Kyle with questions, the doctor had left the room but because Liz had a question for the doctor she went out in the hallway as well and so Isabel also went out into the hallway as she let father and daughter talk and bond.

“You don’t have to worry; all your daughter’s paperwork has been changed to her official identification” Doctor West was telling Liz. “She’s a strong little girl.”

“When do you think she’ll be able to go home?” Liz was asking as Isabel came into the hallway and couldn’t help but overhear the conversation she was having with the doctor.

“She’s improved by leaps and bounds in just the last few weeks, surpassing our expectations. She definitely is an impressive girl.”

“You have no idea,” Liz mused as Isabel smirked underneath that it had to be her alien hybrid genes that were helping with her healing abilities.

“I would expect maybe in a week or, so she’ll be able to be released… she may need some rehab to help with her limp she has, and her arm injuries but overall she’s a miracle.”

“She definitely is,” Isabel commented as she thought of step-daughter and niece.

“So, if we find a facility back near our home do you think she’ll be able to fly,” Liz asked softly.

“She might need a few days once she’s out of the hospital before she flies just because of the nature of her recovery and the adjustment she will need once she’s out of the hospital, but I don’t see how she couldn’t go back to where she is used to…”

“Thank you for all you have done for my daughter,” Liz smiled as she was profusely thrilled at the news that she could be close to getting her daughter back home.

“You are welcome as she has been a pleasure…” Doctor West remarked as she remarked at the resemblance between her patient and her mother. "But know it’s still going to be adjustment no matter how well she overcomes the experiences she has suffered.

“Oh, I know,” Liz nodded as she thought of the adjustment her daughter will need to go through to overcome the switch to being Bella again. “I will do anything to help her with the transition. In the meantime, I’ll go to billing to make a plan to pay the bill…” Liz sighed as she thought of the nightmare of bills that would come…

“That isn’t necessary,” Doctor West smiled as she checked Isabella’s chart.

“What do you mean?” Liz asked confused as she didn’t understand what the doctor was trying to say. “My ex-husband and I will definitely be able to help with the bills.”

“What I mean Ms. Parker is that Detective Evans has indicated that he will be paying for all of Isabella’s care here at the hospital and I believe he has already started paying the bills.”

“Excuse me, what!” Liz squeaked as Isabel’s eyes rose at the news. “But we can pay.”

“He’s already taken care of it,” Doctor West confirmed with a smile. “You might want to talk it over with him.”

“Oh, I will,” Liz said softly as she thought of how much Max would be forced to pay in hospital bills as the doctor left to check on another patient.

The shock was still seeping in as she tried to comprehend the news. “I can’t believe it.”

“I can,” Isabel smiled as she knew this was precisely the brother she knew and loved. “My brother would do anything for you, and for Bella.”

“I don’t need him to pay her bills. I can handle it. Kyle and I can handle it together.”

“She’s his daughter Liz, it’s the one thing he can do to make up for not being there all these years.”

“But it’s going to be a lot of money…” Liz asked in almost a trance. “A lot of money.”

“I know,” Isabel nodded as the elevator nearby opened as she saw Max come out of it and start walking as he saw Liz and Isabel in the hallway. “I sense this is only the beginning…”

“Is everything okay?” Max asked.

“Kyle is visiting with Bella,” Isabel confirmed for Liz. “Michael and Maria took Betty to get a small snack before they visit with Bella. We wanted to give Kyle time.”

“Oh,” Max nodded.

“You’re paying Bella’s hospital bills?” Liz asked. “Why?” she asked as she still tried to process it.

“She’s my daughter Liz,” Max smiled. “I would do anything for you and our little girl. Plus, I arranged it before I even knew the truth and I went fully in once I knew.”

Liz didn’t know how to feel. She was touched and yet it was proof that life had changed and maybe she wasn’t so alone anymore. “You don’t have to. I could have handled it. Kyle and I can both handle it.”

“Liz, I have been alone all this time…” Max said. “I know how much hospital bills cost from my own time in the healthcare system. Just like your own parents picked up your recent stay. I am picking up our daughter’s. As I said, I know how much it costs and given my house is the only extravagance I have really put any money into in the years since I paid off my own debt. I can afford it. I know how much of a strain it will put on you and Kyle. Let me do this for Bella. I haven’t been able to do much else until now, but I can do this…”

“I don’t know what else to say?” Liz asked.

“Thank me and that will be plenty,” Max said as Isabel could only watched slightly amused and slightly tearful as a tear came to her eye at how life was finally stepping up. Liz could only stare at him in slight trance because as much as she had tons of friends to count on, she never had someone who truly would do anything for her and that she could count on to be there and given their history, she was beginning to think that maybe this time was different.

“Liz are you okay?” Max asked softly.

“Thank you, Max,” Liz said softly. “Thank you…” she trailed off as she leaned up and gave him a giant kiss that grew heated as the elevator doors opened, and Maria, Michael and Betty walk out, and their eyebrows grew at the sight of the kiss. And Kyle picked that moment to come out of Bella’s room and looked at his wife, who could only burst out laughing.

The kiss broke off as everyone could only shake their heads at Max and Liz. Her brain fought to come back to reality, as she saw Kyle. “How is Isabella?” she fought to ask Kyle who only shook his head with amusement at how flustered his ex look, as Max stepped back. “Is she okay?”

“She wanted to see you?” Kyle was saying as he couldn’t help but stare at both his ex-wife and brother-in-law. “I see that you are more than okay.”

“Kyle don’t okay.” Liz muttered as she walked past her ex and walked into the room that held her daughter while Kyle only looked at Max with a slightly more concerning face.

“I don’t want her hurt Max,” Kyle warned at he glared at his brother-in-law as he tried to pass, which prevented from moving around Kyle, so Max stopped.

“I don’t plan on hurting her again Kyle,” Max muttered as he knew Kyle had a right to be protective of their mutual ex. “I love her, and I plan on proving to her that she can trust me to be there for her and for Bella.”

“You can say all the right things Max,” Kyle muttered as he warned Max as Isabel only shook her head but didn’t step in. “But you have a life here… Isabella and Liz have a life in Roswell…”

“Just as I can’t force any decision on Liz, you can’t either Kyle. Why don’t you leave our lives to us…? I promise you that whatever we decide will be best for both Liz and especially for Bella. I am not looking to hurt them, and the past is the past and all we can hope for the future is that it can be anew, whatever that may be…”

“All I am asking for is for you to be careful,” Kyle warned as he let the conversation die and pass his brother in law as he took Isabel’s hand “Let’s get something to eat” and they walked towards the elevator to seek some time together in the cafeteria.

“Interesting,” Maria mused.

“Not you too…” Max groaned. “I am not in the mood.”

“Can we see Bella?” Betty whispered as she looked up at her parents and then again at Max. “She’s okay, right?”

“She’s not going to look like you remember her Betty, but I promise you that she is doing alright.”

“Can we see her…”

“Of course,” Max nodded as he left the doorway.

“Take her in Maria, and I’ll be there in a minute okay…” Michael asked of his wife because they both knew that their daughter was anxious to see her friend. Maria nodded and took Betty’s hand, and opened the door and tentatively walked in, closing it behind them.

“What do you want to say to me?” Max asked wearily.

“We all want Liz happy. And you happy, but you are both risking a lot by going into this without a clear way this is going to go…” Michael muttered.

“Michael, don’t you know that I know this… I have no idea where this is going, and I suspect Liz likes it that way right now. We have Bella to worry about and that is already big stakes. I know she has a life in Roswell. And until now, I have had a life here… Therefore, decisions will have to be made, and neither of us are in any state to be making any final decisions.”

“Just be careful, okay?” Michael asked.

“I promise you too that I am not looking to hurt Liz. In fact, right now she probably has more capacity to hurt me. I know she’s not looking at the future. I hurt her a decade ago, and she’s still hanging onto that… even though we are having fun now… I suspect I probably want it more than she does right now but then I am based here, and she is based in Roswell, so she has reason to be wary since she’s not only looking out for herself, but Bella.”

“I just hope you know what you’re doing” Michael muttered.

“I will be careful I promise” Max promised as he walked back towards the door to his daughter’s room. “Let’s look at something positive okay, Bella…”

“Right,” Michael nodded as they opened the door.

Inside Isabella’s hospital room the girls were reuniting. Bella’s eyes had gone big at the little blonde walking into her room. She responded to Betty more than she did to Maria initially. Betty was thrilled to set her eyes on her friend, and now the girls were talking a mile a minute as they caught up. It was clear to her mother that the exposure to more and more people from Bella’s old life was opening her memories and while she was still closed off from what happened during the time she was taken, and how she ended up at the Davidson’s, the exposure did a welcoming effect to boost her overall condition.

Maria walked over towards Liz who was smiling at the reunion. “I can’t believe it, she’s really back in our lives?” she asked softly to Liz who only smiled and nodded. “You got lucky.”

“She’s our miracle,” Liz sighed as she lovingly glanced at her daughter who was showing Betty her cast, and Betty was signing the arm with a marker her mother had given her daughter. And before long she had signatures from all who came into the room.

“Max,” Bella smiled as she saw Max walk in with Michael as everyone in the room could see the bond the child had with Max and it didn’t come from knowing the truth about her paternity. She lighted up as he glanced at her and was a very mother-daughter trait it appeared.

“You look like you’re getting some ink on that cast,” Max smiled. “Can I add something?” he asked.

“Sure,” Bella said handing the marker to Max and he wrote, “Hey beautiful… Love Max”

“Thank you, Max,” Bella said as she touched the cast.

“My pleasure,” Max nodded as Isabella lifted her focus off her cast as she saw Michael. “Michael, right?” she asked as she looked at Michael warily for a split second to make sure that her memory was telling her the right information.

“Right,” Michael gave a large smile. “You don’t know how long we’ve been looking for you, and I am glad we have now…”

“You’ve really been looking for me?” Isabella asked the room as her glaze went to her mother.

“Every single day,” Liz promised her daughter. “Uncle Michael has been a great help for me, so has Aunt Maria. Everyone has honey… All your grandparents miss you.”

“I miss them too,” Bella said. “When can I see them…”

“Soon, honey, very soon…” Liz assured her daughter as she looked at Max who looked away because it only reinforced the notion that eventually Liz would be leaving Los Angeles and going back to her life in Roswell. “The better you get the quicker it will be until you see them…”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Lost & Found (CC, Mature) Chapter 43 - Updated: 03/04/2019

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So now everyone is wanting Max and Liz to be careful. Max and Liz probably do need to be careful. Everyone is right Max and Liz need to sit down and talk about what they are going to do when Bella gets out of the hospital. That is going to be one hell of a talk. And that was one hell of a kiss too. So glad that everyone is there to see Bella. Now what are Max and Liz going do stay in California or go to Roswell? So man questions and no answers. Poor Max, Liz and Bella!

L-J-L 76
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Max and Liz need some space from their well meaning friends and family to work out their issues. Once out of the hospital Max should heal Isabella.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Max and Liz really need time alone to talk. I mean really talk.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Liz and Isabel were not surprised at Bella's fast recovery!
That thank you kiss got everyone's attention, and poor Max is getting lots of advice not to hurt Liz.
It will be interesting when Max and Liz have time alone to discuss future plans.
Can't wait!
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

kinda sad that they are going to split up again
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Lost & Found - Chapter 44 - 03/08/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

Over the next week Isabella thrived as her recovery continued with the steady visits of her love ones. Unfortunately, Michael, Maria and Betty had to get back to Roswell due to Maria’s job, and so they left after only a few days and Kyle and Isabel left the following day. Isabella had been thrilled at the news that she was going to be a big sister, and equally as thrilled to know Kyle had married Isabel. She couldn’t wait to see the pictures. She talked to her grandparents on the phone as the days dwindled before she was going to be released from the hospital.

Finally, the day arrived where it would happen, and Max was delayed from being at the hospital for Bella’s discharge. Once back in Roswell Liz had arranged a stay at a health resort to ease in the girl’s transition for her return Roswell but they were staying with Max until they departed for New Mexico Max wanted to be at the hospital but instead he was at the police station despite taking additional week off from work as vacation, so he could spend it with Liz and Bella as they all adjusted to the realities of locating Bella and what it meant for them… Serena picked up the slack.

But on this day, he needed to be at the station because Mark Davidson Jr after a week in holding cell, well, he finally was cracking and ready to speak and Max felt the need to be there but promised he would be at the hospital in time for Isabella to officially be released.

Even though racing through his brain was that Liz had reservations to fly back to Roswell on Sunday. She and Isabella were going to spend the weekend at his place where Bella got reacquainted with her old life. Liz had moved into his bedroom, but Max knew it was mainly sex that existed with the two of them despite the nights spent together and neither were ready to discuss what it meant.

Heck he didn’t even know what it meant so instead he put his frustration into breaking the kid and getting him to confess to his father’s death. “You might as well confess, we know you did it?” Max asked the teenager at the desk, guarded by a lawyer from Legal Aid.

“I told you I didn’t do it,” Junior muttered.

“Play the tape Serena,” Max murmured to his partner who started the play tape on the television in the room, and on came a footage of the date that forensics had pinned pointed the death to have happened. It showed Mark Davidson Jr. and his father, and the two fighting and then twenty minutes later Junior was seen leaving the scene, and the father was no longer seen.

“Doesn’t prove anything,” Junior.

“That was the same spot we found your father’s body,” Max murmured. “So, tell me why?”

“Could have been anyone…” Junior murmured.

“Tell us, why?” Max asked as he tried to not think about Bella and the many fears, he constantly felt for her.

“You know why,” Junior muttered finally confessing. “It was a long time coming. He was a monster when he was drinking, which was all the time once Mom died and even before she got sick, he could be a SOB and I couldn’t take it anymore, especially after he went after my little brother.”

“Which one?”

“Hawk,” Junior admitted. “He had finished with the others before I came home and was going after Hawk when I walked in the house after spending the night with my girlfriend and I was fed up, so when he came after Hawk, I reached my limit and made sure he left the house. I told him if he ever came back, then I would make sure he didn’t live another day.”

“So, you threw him out?” Serena asked.

“That doesn’t tell us how you did it?” Max asked.

“I tracked him to the park after stopping at a bar for a drink, and when I saw him talking to someone and they ended up at the park. I confronted him, and started getting belligerent drunk, and I pushed him, and he fell and hit his head on the bench nearby, and he was barely breathing, and I moved him out of the way and just left him.”

“Why not get him help?” Serena asked.

“I didn’t care if he lived, I just wanted him out of my brother’s lives. I was eighteen-year old and I didn’t care about him, but my brothers they are younger.”

“So, you came back to the house…” Max asked.

“You showed up a few minutes later,” Junior murmured. “I was worried for my brothers, I didn’t if my father would be found or not. I figured we needed to get away. I couldn’t wait for Molly, so we just ran.”

“We were asking about Molly,” Max asked. “Why not just tell us she was gone, and we might have left.”

“I wasn’t about to be cooperative with you guys given what I just had done. I didn’t know what had happened to Molly. I assumed she was off at a friend’s place or something… I just knew my father was being abusive, and I couldn’t take it anymore, so I snapped.”

Max nodded and passed a pad of paper towards the boy. “Write it all down,” he muttered and went for the door, while Serena followed. Outside the room, “Work up the report, make sure it’s legit.”

“Where are you going?”

“Hospital. Isabella is being released,” Max said. “Thank you for all you have been doing.”

“Are you back on Monday?” Serena asked, wary that he would be coming back.”

“Most likely,” Max muttered. “Liz and Isabella are flying back to New Mexico on Sunday.”

“You’re staying?” Serena asked.

“I think giving Liz some space will be good for both of us” Max allowed. “I’ll be going back on the weekends as much as I can to visit. So much of the last few weeks have been a whirlwind and I figure we both need to make decisions away from the pressure of seeing each other every day.”

“I hope so…” Serena smiled as she watched her partner walk towards the door to the office.

“Where is Max?” Isabella was asking her mother as she packed her bag of clothes and toys she had collected during her stay in the hospital. They were waiting for the final sign off by Doctor West, which could be any time now.

“Anytime now honey,” Liz smiled as she knew she got a message from Max that he had left the station and was driving over but had gotten stuck in some traffic. “He wants to be here for when you released.”

“Does he mind that I call him Max?” Isabella asked as she looked at her mother.

“No honey, he knows that you’re taking your time adjusting. Just like he is of the situation. Whatever you’re comfortable with is what matters to him” Liz assured her daughter because she knew it was truth. Max was still coming to terms with all that had happened, and it hadn’t truly hit home yet, but it would. Although she knew it pained him to see their daughter so close to Kyle but knew it wouldn’t be wise to try to disrupt that bond even if he wanted to. He knew he had his own bond with Bella, but it would take for everyone to make the adjustment.

“Are we really going home?” Isabella asked.

“Yes, Sunday.” Liz confirmed. “But first we’re going to stay at Max’s place for a few days.”

“Really?” Isabella asked as she looked at her mother and couldn’t help but go with the question flashing through his mind as she had seen her mother and Max interact. “Is something going on with you and Max?”

“What…” Liz asked as glanced at her daughter.

“Betty asked me,” Isabella smiled. “She said you were very close to Max and wanted to know if Max mentioned anything to me.”

“Oh god,” Liz muttered at the gossiping of the children. She supposed to showed Bella’s mood was strong as she got back into the swing of the dynamics of her changed life.

“Is there?” Isabella asked.

“You don’t worry about my love life, concentrate on your recovery…okay?” Liz said as the door opened, and Max appeared which brought great relief to her. “Thank god.”

“What?” Max asked as he spotted the wariness in Liz.

“It is nothing,” Liz said. “It is just Isabella is starting to nosey around about things that shouldn’t matter to her right now…”

“How is that…” Max asked amused by the smirk on the ten-year-old. “Am I missing something?” he asked his daughter.

“I was just curious about the level of togetherness that you and Mom have?” Isabella asked. “You know what I mean…” she cracked at Max who went pale as Liz only laughed.

“See, what I mean?” Liz asked as she tried to concentrate on the packing as Max deal with their daughter.

“Bella…” Max began.

“Don’t Bella me Max,” Isabella smirked as she looked at both of her parents. “I am only curious,” she asked as she closed her notebook that contained all her recent drawings and put it into her suitcase.

“What would you think about that…” Max asked only to get a glare from Liz who slammed the suitcase shut.

“Max, not now…” Liz pleaded of Max who only smirked as she took the bag off the bed and placed it by the wall. “We’re almost out of here, all we’re waiting for is the doctor to do the final sign off.”

“I am only curious…” Max asked. “So, how about it?” he asked as he was genuinely curious what the little girl would think.

“It’s up to you guys…” Isabella muttered. “All I want is Mom to be happy, as my memory is still pretty sketchy but I do know she wasn’t happy so that is all I want for her…”

“Honey, I was happy.” Liz said as grew defensive but didn’t want to go into it any more than Max probably did so she was relieved when the doctor came in for the final check out, and soon Max was carrying their daughter’s suitcase out of the hospital room as Liz pushed the wheelchair that carried Isabella.

“Good luck Isabella,” Doctor West and some of the numerous nurses that had helped with the care of the girl, as Isabella handed the doctor a copy of the picture she drew of the doctor.

“Wow, thank you.”

“Thank you for being there for me,” Bella whispered as she smiled as Liz pushed the wheelchair towards the elevator and down to Max’s car in the parking garage.

It was the early hours of Sunday morning before Max and Liz felt they had taken a break. The homecoming had gone well, and Isabella took to being in Max’s home exceedingly well, and it almost felt like a dream come true for Max. He had dreamt this scenario back in high school and felt like it was never going to come true given all the angst that was placed on them and now he was getting that dream of Liz and their daughter in his home.

Friday was a day of rest for Bella as she got used to the change of circumstances and Saturday, they had taken Isabella to Disneyland and the girl had a blast, and it opened their eyes to what was possible. Isabella was spoiled rotten and she fell asleep on the car home. Max carried his daughter to her room, and Liz helped get her ready for bed.

Max was waiting for Liz in his bedroom, their bedroom and they finally had a chance to be together, and revel in each other because they knew the hours were ticking down. Lying in each other’s arms, Liz sighed. “I have to go,”

She relished being in his arms and yet she knew that their time was ticking down, and reality was dawning.

“I know,” Max equally sighed. “I hate it, but I know it” he murmured. “I wish you and Bella could stay here with me.”

“Me too, but our life is there Max. I don’t know what the future holds for us but right now until Isabella has fully recovered, well, she needs to be back in Roswell surrounding family. They need to get to know the girl she is now…”

“I know I know,” Max murmured even though he hated it, but he knew it wouldn’t be fair for them to stay here when so much of their life was in Roswell, and right now Bella needed all the support she can get as she fully adjusts to being Isabella again.

“Thank you for being here for us Max,” Liz sighed as she laid in his arms. “I didn’t know how much I missed your support.”

“I would do anything for you Liz,” Max sighed as he thought of her flying back to Roswell. “Why haven’t you asked me to come with you and Bella?” he wondered even though he knew she was still skittish about the future and them and knew it by the squirming she did in his arms.

“Because it’s not my decision to make. I could ask you and I know you would come, but I don’t want you to regret it. I need you to make decisions about you, and not about us…”

“I want you…and Bella…” Max murmured.

“I know you do Max,” Liz said softly as she got up and sat up in bed and focused on Max. “But too much is on the line to get this wrong. If you come back, I want you coming back because you want to be there…”

“It’s not like my life is that golden here…” Max murmured as he glanced up at the beauty of Liz staring down at him.

“Still you have crafted a life here and I am not about to ask you to give it up unless that is what you want. You will still be a part of Isabella’s life, but this is how it should be.”

“I don’t want to lose you,” Max murmured as he took her hand which caused her to lean back towards him as he gave her an intoxicating kiss. “I can’t believe we have had this chance.”

“I know,” Liz murmured as they continued kissing and before long, they were ignoring the possibilities and they were giving in to the love they shared and yet weren’t ready to say out loud.

And before they knew it, he was standing at the airport waiting for the flight that would take Liz and Bella back to Roswell. Liz was checking in back at home, while Max kept an eye on Isabella. He had used his credentials to get through security without having to buy a ticket, and now he was dreading moment that was approaching. The flight was on-time and boarding should be any minute.

“Max,” Bella asked as she looked up at Max. She had been sitting in her chair drawing as much as she could with one arm.

“How is the drawing?” Max asked.

“I wish I had my other arm…” Bella muttered as she put down the pencil and put the pad down.

“It is getting to that day,” Max assured the girl. “Your family doctor back home will take off the case in a couple of weeks or so…”

“I can’t wait,” Isabella murmured as she looked up at Max. She knew how things were between her mother and Max. She knew the truth now about who Max was to her, but she was still adjusting to changes of relationships. “Thank you for finding out the truth”

“You should thank Serena, she was a big help…” Max smiled.

“I know, and I did,” Isabella sighed as she thought of her last visit with Serena before she left the hospital.
“What did you want to ask me?” Max asked as they saw Liz nearby on her cellphone.

“Can I call you Dad…” Bella blurted, shocking Max who went pale. “I am sorry for blurting it out, but Mom and I are going and well I am not sure when I am going to see you again.”

“I told you I’ll see you on the weekend,” Max allowed as she tried to figure the newest adjustment in his life as he had promised both Liz and Isabella that he would try to come and visit most weekends as his schedule allowed and he planned to visit the following weekend to visit his daughter at the facility she was going to transition back into Roswell and to visit Liz…

“I know, but I don’t know…” Isabella thought as she didn’t know if she could trust it because of her brain was being funny. “So, I thought if you can’t make it…

“I though Kyle was your Dad…” Max voicing his dreaded fear.

“He is, he’s my Daddy…” Bella smiled. “He’s always been there for me even before he and Mom got married. But I always knew he wasn’t my Dad you know…”

“Yeah…” Max nodded.

“They tried to say that “Bad man” was my real father but I remember finding out about you and I knew it was right, and I knew how much you meant to Mommy.”

“How would you have known? Max asked as he grew curious. “Your Mom has only said that she didn’t talk about me…”

“I have my ways,” Isabella murmured.

“What ways would that be,” Max asked as he looked at the girl who slyly looking at her father. “Is it because you’re a very special girl…” Max asked as he was realizing that he and Liz hadn’t really discussed whether their daughter was like him in her abilities.

“How would you know?” Isabella asked as she looked up at Max as if she knew her secret.

“Because I do,” Max smiled.

“How…” Isabella asked again.

“You get it from me,” Max murmured softly to not get stares from other passengers. “Just be careful with any added abilities you might enquire that might make you different from someone else your age, okay?”

“Sure, that is what Isabel and Uncle Michael like to say to Betty and me,” Isabella muttered as she looked out the big window and saw the airplane taxing into the gate. For Max, it was proof that he would be losing out on Liz and Isabella very soon.

Half hour later the flight started boarding… As Liz came back to Max and Bella as she had stayed away to give her daughter time to bond with her father. “Time to board I guess,” Liz sighed as she looked at Max one last time.

“Yeah…” Max nodded as he looked down at his daughter one last time. “You can call me whatever you want,” he smiled at the girl. “If you want to call me Dad… go ahead…”

Isabella smiled a wide smile as Liz felt touched.

“Go…” Max smiled. “Tell everyone I hope to see them soon…” he said as he leaned in and kissed Liz so passionately that it left her shaken as they separated. “I love you Liz… I will always love you” he said softly as they kissed again lightly. “Nothing will keep me from you, our daughter and Roswell.”

Liz was rendered speechless as Max walked away not wanting to see the plane fly away as it was taking his dreams away with it.

“You love him, don’t you Mom?” Bella asked innocently as they walked towards the boarding gate.

“Maybe I do,” Liz said softly as the gave their ticket and identification to board the flight and walked down the pathway to the gate. Soon she was looking out the window from her seat and whispering the truth “I love you Max…” and she felt like she was giving up on a dream.
Last edited by Parker1947 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Lost & Found (CC, Mature) Chapter 44 - Updated: 03/08/2019

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Some how I don't think it will be long before Max and Liz are together for good.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Roswelllostcause wrote:Some how I don't think it will be long before Max and Liz are together for good.
Max needs to come in the next weekend for good. I keep thinking about the Parent Trap remake, when the dad and twin take the Concord to London to beat the mother and other twin to London.

All of Max's family is in Roswell. He could easily sell his house. He could work for Michael, State Police or County Sheriff or back to school to do what he really wants to do.

We all know that Max and Liz have been having sex and chance that Liz already pregnant.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

So cute, Bella checking on her mother's love life!
Wonder how long those weekend visits will be enough.
Bella is so smart, of course she realized Max was her real dad.......
But she'll always love her Daddy Kyle for all he did for them.
That was a heart breaking scene at the airport as Liz and Bella leave.
Thanks