Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Epilogue - Completed: 06/12/2018

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Leaving Normal - Chapter 13 - 04/12/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

Maria and Michael were watching a movie with the kids oblivious to the drama and reunions taking place nearby as they settled down content for the night to be with their kids, and god-children. Evan was taking in the environment and seemed to be thrilling and while Maria was ambivalent of the whole situation and wished it wasn’t happening, she knew that something was going to come from all this…

Harry Potter was currently amusing the kids, and the adults couldn’t help but get mixed up in the hijinks…

“I wonder when all this will hit the fan,” she asked as the kids continued to watch the film.

“I have this gut feeling that it will anytime now,” Michael admitted. “Have you heard anything more about youknowho’s estimated time of arrival?”

“Nope,” Maria said. “Kyle hasn’t spoken with youknowwho since this all started to break.”

“God, I want this to be over.” Michael admitted.

“I wonder what will make it over,” Maria asked as she and Michael got off the couch and went into the kitchen to talk further, and away from the prying eyes and ears of the younger generation. “It feels like we’re approaching…”

“The exit?” Michael asked.

“Or at least where will know how everything shakes down,” Maria sighed. “To think our lives have been pretty quiet these last three years.”

“You had to know something was going to happen to end our status quo.”

“I always figured it would be the FBI coming back into our lives,” Maria admitted. “I never imagined any of this.”

“I always did,” Michael admitted.

“You did?” Maria asked.

“I always assumed Max would come back. You could never stop those two from connecting, but I never imagined any of actual events to go down like it has with Max marrying someone else before the reunion. Or that Liz had stopped him from coming back earlier or even Evan coming back. Tess being alive, and then killing Max’s wife so that he could reunite with their son, and with Liz.”

“I don’t want Liz hurt,” Maria sighed.

“When you grow up, you feel pain, it’s all part of growing up. You can’t keep that from happening. For this to end, Liz and Max will have to find themselves and then face the fallout, and that may involve pain. Or it might not, it’s hard to gage because their love story has always been slightly unexpected.”

“Just like us,” Maria smiled.

“You got it. But you have me now, and I am not going anywhere” Michael said as he brought his wife in for a kiss. “You have given me everything I never knew I wanted, and you made it possible. You, Michelle and Amelia have given me everything.”

“I love you too,” Maria smiled as she could never give up what they had built together, but she just wished that Liz could get that a bit of the same happiness she felt every day.

“Son,” Jim Valenti asked as he looked in shock at his son, for the first time in eight years. Stacie looked confused between the two men, and Kyle broke the trance first and realize how unprecedented this situation.

“Dad!” Kyle said. “What are you doing here?”

“I was in town for some business. Do you live here in Austin?” Jim asked.

“Yes,” Kyle admitted. “I never imagined meeting you here.”

“Me either,” Jim said as he looked around to see whether he could be dreaming this scenario. Which was something that had been in his dreams, for the past eight years and he never imagined it taking place.

“How long has it been since you last seen each other,” Stacie broke the silence.

“A long time,” Kyle admitted although he didn’t want to tell his date that it been eight years because that would bring on a host of other issues. “Stacie, this is my father; James Valenti, Jr. Dad, this is my date, Stacie Thomas. She works as a teacher at the school where I am at.”

“You are…” Jim asked.

“A teacher and assistant football coach,” Kyle said as Stacie felt it was strange how much Kyle’s father didn’t know about his son’s life.

“Maybe I should go,” Stacie asked.

“I am sorry Stacie,” Kyle apologized. “This is not how I wanted tonight to go. Maybe we should postpone. We can discuss a new night maybe if you’re interested tomorrow, or on Monday at school.”

“I’ll call you, but I understand how this is an odd situation. Mr. Valenti, it’s an honor to meet you. And Kyle, I’ll talk to you on the weekend or see you Monday at work.”

“Thanks for understanding,” Kyle said to Stacie, and they hugged and parted while Jim observed the parting and asked once Stacie had left them. “How long have you known each other?”

“It was our first date,” Kyle admitted.

“Awkward,” Jim said.

“You have no idea,” Kyle sighed as he wished things had been different yet then he got to see his father’s face, and he wouldn’t give that away in a million years. “God Dad, it’s unbelievable that you are here…”

“You have no idea how wonderful it is son to see you,” Jim gave one of his huge grins that Kyle had desperately missed, and they gave each other a welcoming hug.

“What are you doing here in town?” Kyle asked.

“The police department called me in because they needed someone to identify someone for them,” Jim admitted.

“Why do they need you?” Kyle asked, confused.

“Because it’s Tess son,” Jim sighed. “She’s dead, and I was listed as next of kin. I know you’re thinking it’s odd that she would be alive since you believed she had died back in 2002. But I recently found out she was indeed alive all this time.”

“I know Dad,” Kyle sighed. “We know…”

“Whose we son,” Jim asked.

“Dad, Liz, Maria and Michael, well, we knew Tess was dead,” Kyle admitted as they walked away from the crowds.

“How so,” Jim asked confused.

“Because she killed Max’s wife, and then deposited Max’s son on our doorstep to be raised by Liz”

“Amy,” Liz tried.

“Liz, please do you know where my daughter is…” Amy asked, begged, as she tried to figure out what was going on and if there was any karma left and she would be able to see her daughter again, after so many years.

“Yes, I do” Liz asked as she stopped and spotted Kyle outside of the restaurant talking to his father. “Oh god,” Liz said.

“What,” Amy asked as she turned to look and saw her husband speaking to his son. “Oh my god, Kyle is here too…”

“I had no idea he would be here,” Liz said. “I knew he had a date tonight, wow, I can’t imagine after all these years.”

“Wait, Kyle has been living here too…”

“Yes,” Liz admitted.

“Does that mean?” Amy asked. “Liz tell me the truth. Is my daughter also living here in Austin?”

“Um,” Liz said as he debated whether to tell Amy the truth and just when she was going to answer, the door opened, and a shocked voice came. “Liz,” and she looked. It was Jim.

“Jim,” Liz said.

Kyle meanwhile could only stand back and whistle at the unbelievable coincidences of the night. “Amy?” he asked.

“Kyle,” Amy asked of her step-son.

“Miss, do you still want your table” a waitress came and shocked Liz out of her trance. Sighing, she turned and said “No,” as she saw that she wouldn’t be making her other clients or eating that evening and then turned to a perplex Amy and Jim, and a bemused Kyle. “We might as well get this over with…”

“Okay you two upstairs,” Maria ordered her two children once them movie finished playing and the children had come into the kitchen for a snack. “Evan, Emma and Parker, that goes for the three of you as well as you both know it’s past your bedtime.”

“It’s Friday night,” Parker complained.

“Which is why I let you finish the movie but you both know that your mother won’t be home until later, so you might as well go upstairs and get ready. You can read for a while if you want. But it’s getting late, and it’s time to turn in for the night.”

“Thanks Aunt Maria,” the twins rushed off with Michelle and Amelia not far behind.

“When did I become my mother,” Maria asked as she heard her parenting the twins. “Did you imagine this would be our life?” she asked her husband.

“Nope, but then I thought I would be dust by now. So, I will take this because my life would have not had been the same without you in it.”

“Where did this sweet talker come from,” Maria teased as she kissed her husband. “I better go up and see if the kids are actually getting ready for bed.”

“Why don’t I do it and you can stay down here and get that bottle of wine ready. We can have a nice drink or two before Liz and Kyle are due back.”

“I like it,” Maria smiled as she watched Michael disappear from the kitchen in search of the kids for a final bed check, as she took a bottle of wine and headed for the living room… when there was a noise from the front door as it opened and closed rather quickly. “Finished already,” she asked expecting it to be Michael returning.

“My goodness Liz, what are you doing home.” Maria said as she found her friend coming through the door. “Didn’t you have some appointments, as we weren’t expecting you home until later.”

“I rescheduled my last two appointments,” Liz said quietly as she tried to think of a way to break this for her friend, and for it not to be as earthshattering as it already was for them.

“Liz, what’s wrong!” Maria asked as she approached her friend as she could sense the turmoil in her friend. “Are, you sick?”

“No, I’m fine,” Liz said as she knew this would be a big shock for her friend and she didn’t know how Maria would take it. “Maria, you better sit down because I have a surprise for you.”

“What is it Liz. Is it Max or Isabel?” Maria asked because of the pale expression on her friend’s face, she was expecting the collision course to already be at their doorsteps.

“What,” Liz asked as she shook her head. “No, wait, where did that come from.”

“Nothing,” Maria quickly asked to try to divert her friend from any other looming questions, “What’s wrong?”

“I need you to prepare yourself,” Liz said. “Because there is someone who wants to see you.”

“Whom?” Maria asked shrugging, as she couldn’t think of anyone who would want to come and visit her or Michael.”

And moments later, she nearly fainted… when in walked…

Her mother….

“Mom” she asked in a whisper before she truly did faint!
Last edited by Parker1947 on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Chapter 13 - Updated: 04/12/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

This is an interesting accident that all of these family members have met up in Austin.
Can't wait for Maria's reaction to her mom.......
And, the major collision is about to occur.
I'm ready!
Thanks,
Carolyn
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Things are coming full circle down in Texas.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Hopefully they get to talk before the kids come downstairs. I wonder when Max and Isabel is getting to town.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow Liz got a hell of a surprise as did Kyle see Amy and Jim. But maybe this is a good thing. Now maybe Jim can tell the rest of the parents where Liz, Michael, Maria and Kyle are. Maybe if the parents know they won't worry so much about them. Love the way Maria and Michael took care of the kids and watched TV with them. So glad Liz and Kyle took Amy and Jim to see Maria and Michael. Poor Maria she faints when she sees her mom. Hope Michael caught Maria before she hits the floor. What will happen when Maria wakes up? Will Maria be happy to see Amy and Jim? Will they all be able to talk before the kids come down stairs? Will the kids meet Amy and Jim? What will happen when Amy and Jim see the kids? Will Amy and Jim be surprised? Will Amy and Jim tell Liz, Michael, Maria, Kyle about the other parents? Will Amy and Jim come back and see Liz and others? Will Michael, Maria and Kyle tell Liz about Max and Isabel coming? What will Liz do when she finds out? What will Liz and others tell the kids about Amy and Jim? Will the kids be happy to meet Amy and Jim? Sorry for the questions was just wondering. Please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? Can't wait for Maria to wake up and see Jim and Amy in front of her.

L-J-L 76
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? Can't wait for Max and Isabel to find Liz, kids, Micheal, Maria and Kyle.

L-J-L 76
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So sorry for bothering you. Can you please please come back and post more really really soon? Can't wait to find out what you will have happen next for Liz, Kids and others.

L-J-L 76
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Leaving Normal - Chapter 14 - 04/18/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

Moments earlier,

Jim and Amy pulled up in front of the house the gang shared together. Liz drove her car, and Kyle drove his motorcycle and they all gathered in front of the beautiful home on a picturesque street. Jim and Amy could only admire it. “You all live here?” Amy asked.

“I live inside with Maria and Michael,” Liz answered. “Kyle lives in the guest home behind the house as he wanted the privacy when we all found the place three years ago.”

“When you moved to Austin?” Jim asked.

“Yes,” Liz said. “We were on always on the road until about three years ago when to Texas and found Austin. To make it simpler financially as well as legally, I owe the place and Maria and Michael, Kyle rent their spaces from me and it always made the most sense for the group of us,” Liz said as she looked at Kyle who had roared up on his motorcycle. “I can’t believe you took that on a date?”

“What do you mean, I met Stacie near the restaurant as we went to a pub for a drink before our expectant dinner. It was the first date,” Kyle laughed. “She gets a car, if it progresses.”

“Whatever,” Liz could only shake her head as Jim and Amy were amused to see how tight the bond between Liz and Kyle were… given how things had been at one time during high school. “I am sorry guys; Maria and I have been telling Kyle to get rid of that thing for years. He refuses to get something more respectable.”

“That day will come,” Kyle teased. “But not now.”

“You guys have a beautiful house Liz,” Amy said as she looked up at the home, and imagined what it would be like to see her daughter again, and that Maria was very likely through these doors she was staring at.

“Give me a few minutes. I need to make sure everything is set,” Liz sighed as she walked up the front door, and unlocked the door and opened it, and interrupted Maria quest for some private time with her husband.

“Mom,” Maria whispered minutes later as she became conscious after her small fainting spell, as Liz and Kyle had come quick to their friend’s aide and Maria had tentatively opened her eyes as she feared having dreamt her last memory as Michael came rushing downstairs, “Hey,” he called from the bannister as he looked down as he walked by.

“What happened?” Michael asked as he rushed down the stairs, as he saw Kyle helping Maria up. “What did I miss?”

“Hello Michael,” Jim asked as he and Amy stood in the living room and took in another long-ago sight.

“Jim, Amy” Michael asked as he struggled to figure out what happening. “Maria, are you okay?” he said quietly as he tried to tend to his wife, who was now on her feet.

“I was just a little shocked, that is all” Maria said waving off her fainting spell. “See, I am fine” as she focused on the newcomers, and verified her dreams that it was her mother and Jim. “Mom, Jim. What are you doing here?”

“I saw them at Café Mexicana,” Kyle commented. “Liz was inside the restaurant when she got surprised by Amy.”

“What happened to your date?” Maria asked as she saw Kyle had appeared in the house as she was trying to come to terms with her mother and Jim in their home.

“We did,” Jim said honestly. “I am in town for business, and we were stopping for dinner, and happened upon Liz and my son and they were filling us in on what is going on with you guys.”

“I get bumping into Kyle and Liz who I don’t think were even going to same place, but why here in Austin?” Michael asked as he tried to figure out the situation as Maria rushed into her mother’s arms, and the ladies had an eight year in the making hug.

“God Mom, you don’t know much I missed you.”

“That goes double for me,” Amy smiled as she held her daughter in her arms for the first time in over eight years.

“Guys,” Kyle said softly, and was trying to soften the blow as the hug fest broke up, and the gang just stood there. “Dad knows Tess is dead, as he was contacted as her next of kin.”

“Damn,” Michael muttered as both Maria and Kyle groaned, and Liz went pale because while she knew her former nemesis was dead, still the confirmation was hard to take even though it would be a celebration to have her dead but for Evan’s sake, she also knew she had to be at least a tad respectful for the sake of the boy.

“The police department called me a few days ago, and informed me of their discovery and because I was listed on whatever documentation she did have here on Earth, they wanted me to come and make identification and make arrangements.”

“So, she’s dead?” Maria asked.

“I haven’t personally seen her yet, as I was planning that for tomorrow.” Jim admitted. “We arrived tonight because of the long drive.

“We need to see her with our own eyes,” Michael observed. “Do you mind my coming along.”

“Sure,” Jim smiled as she was curious about a pesky detail. “I was under the impression when someone like you dies, they turn into dust.”

“They do,” Michael said. “As you witnessed with Max before you know what happened.”

“He took over Clayton’s body and came back to the land of the living,” Jim asked as Liz flashed back to that moment and remembered how she was sure he was dead, and then one last kiss brought him back only to lose him again a brief time later.

“Yes,” Jim asked.

“We don’t have much experience with it. But Nascedo turned to dust. Max did too, but with Nascedo, well, the healing stones didn’t work, and we all witnessed it. So, I don’t know what it means if there is a body to identify.”

“So, I guess we will find out tomorrow,” Jim asked. “How did you guys know she was dead. I figured you would be staying out of the limelight, and out of the way of the police department. I can’t see how you would hear about it.”

“Because…” Liz sighed. “Because….”

“Because of me,” came a small voice as Evan spoke from top of the stairs. He had been making his way to the washroom when he had heard the adults talking about his mother, and he stayed and listened. “So, my mother is dead.”

“Um,” Jim said as he looked up at the small children at the top of the stairs. “Liz…”

“Meet Evan,” Liz smiled. “Yeah, I know what you’re thinking and it’s true that Evan is Max and Tess’s son. He arrived the other day when Tess delivered him to my doorstep before we got word that she would end up dead. And you wonder how I know she’s dead, well, her vision came to me and told me she was dead.”

“What on earth,” Amy asked as she stared at the boy, and then at Liz. “Is that true,” she asked her daughter.

“I know Mom, I know.” Maria sighed as she could only stare at wonder over the situation they were in.

“Where is Max in all this?” Amy asked as Liz walked up the stairs to Evan smiling and ignoring the implications of Amy’s question.

“You, bed, right now?” Liz sighed as she looked at the vision of Max and Tess combined.

“I was only heading for the bathroom when I heard you talking about my mother. I couldn’t help but listen.”

“Emma and Parker have been teaching you their tricks for eavesdropping, haven’t they?” Liz asked with a laugh for the young boy, and Evan was immediately put at ease. “Let’s get you to bed.”

“Okay,” Evan said as they left the view sight of the others.

“What’s going on Maria?” Amy asked as they saw Liz heading off with the boy.

“You have no idea,” Maria muttered. “It’s been chaos since Tess dropped off Evan, and expected Liz to take him in.”

“You mean Tess actually brought him here?” Jim asked as he looked up and saw the child walk away.

“Yes,” Michael groaned. “She had some nerve, right. It looks like she probably kidnapped Evan from his adoptive family back when he was a baby and has raised him until now when he expected Liz to pick up the slack. And then she goes and dies.”

“Where IS Max?” Jim asked.

“Not here,” Maria muttered as she walked away to try to stop herself from saying something worse about her former friend, which left Michael and Kyle to shake their heads and try to explain something they didn’t even have an enough time to truly come to terms with themselves.

“Maria is giving Max a bit of a tough time,” Michael admitted.

“Why?” Amy asked.

“Because he left and didn’t ignore Liz’s wishes and come back, and instead he went off married someone else… and expected Liz to be the big person and take responsibility of everything else in our lives.”

“What on earth,” Jim asked.

“As my wife says, you had to be here…”

“Wait, you’re married!” Amy asked as her eye brows shot up.

“Yup,” Michael smiled. “I guess it’s been seven years now,” he reminisced on how he and Maria had gotten married a few months before Michelle was added to their family and it had made his life open to a whole new world that he didn’t know he wanted.

“Which means,” Amy asked.

“That you’re a grandmother,” Maria announced as she came into the conversation with Michelle and Amelia close behind them. She had gone upstairs, the backway, and found her children and sprung a surprise on them and the girls came running…

“Mom, meet Michelle Rose and Amelia Elizabeth, your granddaughters. Michelle and Amelia, meet your grandmother. My mother, Amy Deluca.”

“Wow,” Amy was startled of the two small humans who came to greet her as she was forced to realize her daughter was a grown up and no longer the eighteen-year-old she last saw. “You’re a mother.”

“Yup,” Maria with a genuine smile. “Michael and I have been able to make a great little family with the girls,” she said as Amy took in the girls, who looked up shyly at their grandmother.

“I know you two think this is strange. But I am honored to meet you two,” Amy bent down in front of the girls. “This is Jim. He’s Kyle’s father.”

“Really?” Michelle and Amelia looked up at Jim with awe as they treated Kyle as an honorary uncle, to them as well as to the others, and they all looked up to him and Kyle also thrived off the kids as well and it was always a reminder that he did want to meet someone and settle down one of these days, so that he could have his own rugrats.

“He’s actually my husband,” Amy asked quietly and a tad warily over the reaction that would come from their kids.

“You’re married!” Maria and Kyle sputtered together.

“Surprise,” Jim smiled as he took Amy’s hand in his “Yes, six months ago we got married.”

“Well it’s a night of surprises,” Michael commented as he watched his wife and friend deal with the fact their parents had moved on and they had missed it along with Amy processing she was now a grandmother…
Last edited by Parker1947 on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Chapter 14 - Updated: 04/18/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Yes it is a big night of surprises.
Now we need Isabel and Max to show up, and make things complete.
Thanks,
Carolyn
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Chapter 14 - Updated: 04/18/2018

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Well it is a night of surprises. Next they will learn that Liz has kids of her own and Max is the daddy.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639