Street Rat (AU, M/L Adult) Pt 55 Complete 9/6/16

This is the place to post stories that significantly alter the show's canon or mythology such as prequels, backgrounds for the characters that differ from on the show, fics where different characters are alien, and alternative family relationships. These fics must contain aliens or alien storylines as part of their plot.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Street Rat (AU, M/L Adult) Pt 13&14 8/10/16

Post by Roswelllostcause »

L-J-L 76 Yes someone knows what Tessa and her father are up to!

Jo Oh Max has his eyes set one Liz! He is stubborn and knows what he wants.

Carolyn Sorry Tessa and her father will be around a bit longer.

Part 15

Liz walked through the halls of the palace heading for the suite that the Queen had moved her and Serena to two days ago. They each had their own bedroom but shared a large sitting room. It was also in the wing with the rest of the Royal family. She glanced behind her to see her guard following her. It had been a few days since she learns the reason for the guard but it still made her uncomfortable. But she had to admit that he did keep a distance, but was still close enough that if there were danger that he could protect her. Liz entered to find Serena working on her studies.

"How's it going Rena?"
"OK. Did I ever tell you that I am happy you didn't runaway?"
"Every day little sister."
"So you have a shadow too?"
"Yeah. I don't get why the Queen thinks we might be in danger."
"You I can understand. The Prince would like nothing more then make you his Princess and then Queen."
"Yeah I know."
"Liz, you do know that there is a law, well it is a little used law. But it states that any bride of the future King that is not from a noble house by birth must prove her loyalty and must be a virgin on her wedding day. If either is proved to be untrue then she is put to death on the spot. If it is proven she is always been loyal to the crown, and has her virtue then the one who questioned it is put to death on the spot. But once the test has been passed the legal part of the marriage must take place then and there."
"Why are you reading about these laws?"
"I want to be a legal advisor. So Trina is letting me look over laws."
"But you pick to tell me about some little known law?"
"I am telling you about it, because someone might use it on you."
"You're thinking of Lady Tessa."
"More like her father. That girl is stupid as hell."
"How would you know that?"
"Trina, let her test scores slip. She couldn't get into the Royal University in a million years."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Seems that she only wants Prince Maxwell because of the power she would get. She don't give a shit about the people."
"Or she is being used as a pawn by someone who wants the power of the crown back."
"Liz are you saying that Kivar is using her?"
"My guess is for her father's help Kivar will marry Tessa after he kills the Royals and she is carrying Max's child, the heir to the throne."
"Why do you think that Liz?"
"It is no secret that Lord Harding and Lord Kivar are friendly and neither like humans."
"Yeah I know."
"Rena, I don't understand why Prince Maxwell likes me."
"Liz, you are smart, kind and care more for others then yourself. Don't think I don't know how many times you didn't eat so that I could."
"Rena, I am your sister it was my job to look out for you."
"Love you Lizzie."
"Love you Rena."

Max paced in his room. He still had no idea what he had to do to win over Liz. He wanted to marry her. But he didn't want it to be just because his mother told her she had too. Just then there was a knock on his door.

"Come in."

The door opened and his mother came in.

"Is something wrong mom?"
"There might be."
"What do you mean?"
"Trina, found an old law that has never been changed. In order for Liz, to become your wife may not only prove her loyalty to our family but must be untouched by a man."
"She must be a virgin?"
"Yes."
"She told me that she refused to sell herself for money. No matter what."
"It will have to be proven in a medical exam."
"How did Trina find this law?"
"Serena, has an interest in law and wants to be an advisor on law."
"If she is any where near as smart as her sister then I have no doubt she will get what she wants."
"I'm sure you are right. Just remember no matter what you can't do more then kiss Liz until you marry."
"I will. Mom, does everyone have to follow this law?"
"Not someone from a noble house."
"So Tessa doesn't have to follow it?"
"No."
"Thanks mom. Good night."
"Good night son."

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Street Rat (AU, M/L Adult) Pt 15 8/12/16

Post by max and liz believer »

That sounds horrible; if you don't pass the purity test you will be killed? A bit harsh, but yes, old laws usually are.

Let's hope Mr. Harding is not up to anything :?

- Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Without a doubt Tessa and her father will come up with something to disqualify Liz.
Hope those guards will be on duty 24/7.......and protect these girls.
Thanks,
Carolyn
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

well at least liz knows :shock:
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Jo Yes it is a very harsh and out dated law. But changes will be coming.

Carolyn Don't Liz and Serena are being well protected.

Natalie36 Yes at least she now knows.

Part 16 Five weeks later

Trina walked into the Queen's study with the results of Liz's exam.

"My Queen! You need to see this." Said Trina

Diane took the papers from Trina and read them.

"Trina, are you sure this score is right?"
"Yes my Queen."
"This is big! Do you realize what this means?"
"That Elizabeth is the one that we have been waiting for. The one that with your son will bring a golden age onto all of us."
"Yes. The hard thing is going to be getting Elizabeth to follow her heart."
"She really does have feelings for the young Prince doesn't she?"
"Yes. But there is something stopping her from listening to her heart."
"Well with this score the University can not deny her."
"True, and with her letter of recommendation coming from me she will get in."

Liz stood on the balcony outside of her bedroom. She was looking at the stars wondering what her life would be like if she lived on Earth rather then Antar. The air was starting to take on the nightly chill. She rub her bare arms knowing she should have put on a jacket before coming out here. But it had slipped her mind. She thought about heading in but she did enjoy looking at the stars. It made her wonder if there were a lot of other planets that had life on them. She closed her eyes for a moment and that was when she felt a pair of strong arms wrap something around her. She opened her eyes and turned to see Max standing there.

"Serena, told me you were out here."
"She would."
"Liz, why are you so scared to be with me?"
"I'm not scared! I just know that I can never be what you want me to be."
"That is a lie. I don't want you to be anyone but who you are."
"Max, I am nothing but a street rat!"
"You, are not a street rat. Yes you are a poor young woman who has lived the streets. But you put the needs of your sister above your own. You could have sold yourself to men for a hell of a lot more money then you made doing odd jobs. But the thing is you have to much respect for yourself to do that."
"You only have my word on that."
"Your word is as good as gold to me. For you can't tell a lie. Well not a good one anyway."
"So?"
"Liz, I really like you. I want nothing more then to make your dreams come true."
"I don't understand."
"Liz, what did I tell you don't lie. When you were a little girl what did you want to be?"
"At different ages it was different things. Before my parents died I wanted to find away to help improve the lives of all the poor."
"If you would just give in to what you are feeling in your heart that dream will come true. Has anyone informed you of your test scores?"
"No I was not awear they were back."
"They are. You scored in the top 1% of the history of the test."
"What? How is that even possible?"
"Young lady it seems that you are destined for great things." Came a powerful voice

Both Max and Liz turned to see both the King and Queen behind them.

"What are you talking about dad?" Asked Max
"Let's go into the sitting room to talk." Said Diane

Liz and Max followed the King and Queen to the sitting room where Serena was waiting. They all took seats and waited for the King and Queen to explain. Once everyone was seated Philip began to speak.

"There is a prophecy that was written nearly six hundred years ago. It states that a young prince will meet a girl who is of a race of people that at one time were slaves to the Antarian people. That though this girl will have always lived in freedom not all of her bloodline had. That when tested this girl will test at a nearly unheard of level. That when the prince and this girl who has lived on the streets bond, with the love they share they will help to bring peace and a golden area onto the people of Antar." Said Philip
"What?" Asked Liz
"Elizabeth, we have every reason to believe you are the one spoken of." Said Philip
"No! It can't be!" Said Liz
"Liz, I understand this is a lot to take in. But all the signs point to you." Said Diane
"This can't be true!"
"Damn it Liz! Why the hell are you so scared to admit your feelings?" Asked Serena
"I don't know what you are talking about Serena." Said Liz
"Yes you do! You are in love with Prince Maxwell!" Said Serena
"There is no way for you to know that." Said Liz
"Yes there is Liz. The transfusion she got from me does have a few side effects. It may have awoken in her the ability to sense what others feel. Even what they are afraid to admit to themselves." Said Max
"Serena, are you picking up on what others feel?" Asked Diane
"A little. But both Liz and Max are coming in loud and clear." Admitted Serena

Liz looked at her sister got up went to her bedroom slamming the door. Serena felt tears fall from her eyes. Diane went over to the girl and pulled her into a hug.

"Son, I think it is time for us to go. Let your mother take care of them." Said Philip

Max nodded and the two men headed out.

Part 17

Diane held Serena while she cried. She pushed the young girl's long alburn hair back from her face.

"Serena, I know Liz running from you hurts but this is very new to her."
"I know. It is new to me too. I didn't ask to get this ability."
"That is true. But there has to a reason she is so scared to admit her feelings."
"Liz, closed herself off after our parents died. She won't tell me what is going on in her mind."
"You know that she feels responsible for you."
"I know. But until you told us that you have custody of us she was determined to leave. Evan if it meant leaving me behind."
"Your sister, isn't the only one that will do great things for Antar. I have been told that you have an intreast in law."
"Yes I do."
"You keep up with your studies and pass the entrance exam, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to reach your goals."
"Thanks."
"Will you be OK while I try and talk to your sister?"
"Yes."

Diane hugged Serena and went into Liz's room. She found Liz on the bed crying. Diane sat next to her and placed her hand on Liz's back. Liz turned to look at Diane with tears falling down her face.

"It's OK if you are scared Liz."
"How can I be what you all want if I cry like this?"
"Liz, just because you show your emotions does not mean that you won't be good in your role."
"What do you mean?"
"Liz, Philip and I had an arranged marriage. We met when he was sixteen and I was fourteen. It was a two years later that our engagement was announced. I saw Philip as my friend. I didn't want to marry him. He was in love with me from the day we met. He asked his father to arrange our engagement. Much like you I didn't want to have the responsibility of being Queen one day."
"But you are a wonderful, caring and kind Queen."
"Thank you. Liz, have you thought about the fact that others might see those things in you? That maybe this is what you were born for?"
"No."
"Liz, I believe that there once was a very good leader on Earth once said that you have nothing to fear but fear itself."
"Franklin Roosevelt he was president of the United States of America during what was called World War II."
"So it isn't only Antar's history you know. You know Earth's as well. That is very good."
"It isn't really anything that does me any good here. I mean it's not like I will ever go to Earth to live."
"That is true."
"Diane, why is it you all want me to be this person I don't think I can be?"
"Honey, you will never know how great you can be if you don't try."
"OK. I will give this a try. But I can't promise anything."

Diane smiled at Liz and pulled her into a hug.

"Now there is someone who loves you very much who you hurt when you ran a little while ago in the other room."
"Oh god! I never wanted to hurt Rena!"
"I think she knows that. I'm going to go. You talk with your sister."
"Ok."
"Good night Elizabeth."
"Good night my Queen."
"I know how you feel about your formal name. But you need to get use to going by it in public."

Liz nodded and followed Diane out of the bedroom.

TBC

max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Street Rat (AU, M/L Adult) Pt 16&17 8/14/16

Post by max and liz believer »

The prospect of becoming a queen at one point is very daunting, especially if you're not born into it. But I'm sure that Liz will come around and realize that she's going to be a natural at being a queen. She's already practiced through helping and taking care of her sister. Now it'll only be more people she helps and she won't feel as helpless doing so because she'll have wealth and tools to be able to help.

I can see that Liz is starting to give in. She just have to let go off those walls she's built up around herself when her parents died...

- Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

liz will start giving in but i still got an issue with tess, nesedo and kivar
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Congratulations to Elizabeth on her outstanding scores, and now an admittance to the university.
She admitted that she had always wanted to make things better for the poor.
The Queen must be right, is she really the answer to the prophecy?
Thanks,
Carolyn
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Jo The idea of being Queen is very daunting to Liz. She is going to have everything she needs tt do the things she wants with her life. She is starting to come around.

Natalie36 Yes Liz will give in. I wouldn't worry about Tessa much longer.

Carolyn Yes congregations to Elizabeth on her outstanding scores.

Part 18

Liz found Serena sitting out on the balcony outside her room. She could tell that her sister had been crying.

"Leave me alone Liz."
"I can't Rena."
"Yes you can. You don't give a damn that this is the best thing for you!"
"Serena Parker! Don't you dare talk to me like that! I am still your older sister."
"You haven't acted like it since finding out that if you were to runaway that the guards here would come after you and bring you back weather you liked it or not."
"You're right I have been a bad sister."
"Why are you so scared to be in love with Max?"
"Maybe because if I give in then I will forget who I really am."
"What that you are this wonderful person who was dealt a bad hand? Liz, you remember Katie right?"
"Yeah she live down the street from us before the fire."
"Do you have any idea how much she looked up to you?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Katie, thought that you were the greatest thing."
"I never knew that."
"Well that is because you never have been able to see what others do. I honestly think that this is the best thing for you."
"Rena, I am just so scared."
"Liz, if you explain how you feel to Max, I know that he will understand and take things at your speed."
"He has to marry soon. There is no time to take things at my speed."
"He has to marry in the next year or so. But if you aren't ready to have sex with him then it doesn't have to happen. There will have to be an heir but not until Max is twenty five, that does not mean born. You would only have to be pregnant."
"Rena, please stop."
"Liz, just relax. Things won't happen before they are meant too."

Liz just nodded and knew that what was going to happen was going to truly change her life forever.

Kivar stared at the stupid girl in front of him. The girl had one job to do and she couldn't even do that.

"Damn it Tessa! All you had to do was get that stupid prince to fall for you!"
"I tried Kivar! He doesn't even want to look at me! He has his eyes on that stupid street rat slut!"
"That street rat is far from stupid Tessa! She aced the university enternace exam!"
"What?!"
"She is some kind of genius."
"How in the hell is that possible? She is human."
"I don't know."
"But she is still a street rat. So if the royals try to announce an engagement between her and the prince it will be up to your father to challenge her purity."
"But if he is wrong he will die!"
"Tessa, if by some chance that girl hasn't been screwing men for money then I will go with plan B."
"What is plan B?"

Kivar grinned evilly.

"Then, I will kill all the royals and force her to marry me so I can control the heir or I will force her to watch me make sure her sister has a very slow and painful death."
"What about me?"
"You my dear get to die now for failing me!"

Kivar placed his hand on Tessa and she screamed as her body was cooked from the inside out. Once her screams stopped and her body fell to ground he called for his men to get rid of the body.

Part 19

Liz walked in the garden the next morning and found Max sitting by the pound. She took a deep breath and walked over to him.

"May I join you?" She asked softly

Max turned to look at her and nodded not trusting his voice. Liz sat down a couple feet away from him.

"My sister is right." Said Liz
"Right about what?"
"I am scared about what I have started to feel since meeting you."
"What do you feel?"
"I am not sure. These feelings are very new to me."
"Liz, I never felt like I do when I am near you either."
"What about Lady Tessa?"
"Please that high pitched voice of her's? That she is far more annoying than an Earth house fly."
"Not to mention she is a bitch." Liz mumbled under her breath
"There is that too." Said Max

Liz blushed not realizing he had heard her.

"Forgive me for the comment. I shouldn't have said that."
"There is nothing to forgive. You only spoke what you feel is true. Liz, I like when you speak your mind. People like Tessa never do to me. They only say what they think I want to hear. Not what they are really thinking."
"My parents taught me to respect those in higher places then me."
"That is a good thing. But there are some that do not deserve that respect. Tessa is one of them. She is of the mind to treat you poorly. She was taught to believe that humans should still be nothing more than slaves."
"She made it clear that she believes that I am nothing more then a street rat slut."
"Liz, I never want you to refer to yourself that way. Not even repeating what another may have said. You are not a slut. And if you are a street rat then you are the most beautiful one I have ever seen."

Liz blushed at what he said. She had to admit that he was very kind and sweet. Unlike a lot of men she had met on the street he had not even tried to touch her. With a shaky hand she reached over and placed it on his arm. Max looked at her wondering what was going on.

"Tell me my prince what are your honest feelings for me?" Asked Liz
"I think that I am falling hopelessly more in love with you each day. That as I learn more and more about you, that you are more beautiful on the inside then on the outside."

Liz had no idea how to response to what he had just said. No one had ever talked to her like that before. It had not been easy for her to keep her virtue during her time on the streets. She was nearly raped more then once.

"Liz did I say something that upset you? If I did I am truly sorry."
"No Max. I was just thinking that no man has ever treated me like you. Well other than my father."
"Liz, you know that I will never force you to do anything your aren't ready for."
"I understand that I will keep my innocence until we marry. I know you have chosen me as your wife. I can either agree to go through with this willingly or your mother as my guardian will make the choice for me. But I fear that either Harding or Kivar will ask for both the loyalty and virtue tests."
"Yes. But only a medical exam will prove the virtue."
"But, I can take the blood oath before the request is made. If I take it and have no loyalty to your family the granalith will strike me down before the oath is complete."
"Yes. It also bonds you to the granalith should you at anytime after taking the oath betray us then you will also be strikes down."
"Yes I know. Set it up for me?"
"You are sure about this?"
"Yes. Max, I could never be anything but loyal your family."
"I will talk to my father about it."
"Thank you."
"I will go and see him now."

Liz nodded as Max got up and walked away. Liz watched him go knowing that he had already broken the wall down around her heart.

TBC

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Street Rat (AU, M/L Adult) Pt 18&19 8/15/16

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Great Chapter!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? Can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz. So glad that Serena and Liz talked. Finally Max and Liz are talking. Love how Max and Liz are honest with each other. And Love how Max doesn't think or want Liz think she is a slut. So Liz is going to take the blood oath that is a great idea.

L-J-L 76