Roswell High Books by Melinda Metz

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Anchespatoon
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Roswell High Books by Melinda Metz

Post by Anchespatoon »

nibbles2 wrote: The only thing in the series of books that I really missed in the series was the close friendship between all the gang. They developed a really close friendship and had fun together which we only glimpsed once in the tv series (in the Melinda Metz/Laura Burns penned episode - I'd love if they had written more episodes.)
Which episode is that?

i liked this aura stuff a lot :shock: :D

But for the rest - i didnt like it that much. All these charas like Adam or Ray didnt mean to me anything. The (writing-)style of the books was awful. Think Iam too positive spoiled by the show. :)
Daydreamer23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Daydreamer23 »

Metz and Burns wrote 'A Tale of Two Parties.' One of my favorite episodes of season 3!

Lovely banner by guelbebek

Find all my stories here!
Anchespatoon
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anchespatoon »

Oh yeah, i really like this episode too. Its one of my favorites, especially the Max as a happy party guy and the Isabel-Kyle-thing.
BabyBehr86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BabyBehr86 »

I've yet to read the books, so if someone could answer this for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Do the books go into any kind of detail of what kind of people the Royal Four originially were? In the show I felt that there were very mixed opinions. Some people said Zan was a great king while others...not so much.

Also, I think I read somewhere that the books portrayed the people of Antar, Royal Four included, as not so nice. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Wow ... I don't really remember much from the books - it's been a while since I read them. I don't recall anything of Royal Four or about Zan being a great king.

Say, I've got the series on my desktop (someone a long time ago gave it to me). It's in Rich Text Format (which can be easily converted into other formats by using Calibre so that they can be installed onto any e-reader you may have).

If you want them, let me know (send me a PM) ... and I'll send them to you (covers included, but separate - meaning they are not included in document) or anyone else who's interested. I've got the following:

1. The Outsider
2. The Wild One
3. The Seeker
4. The Watcher
5. The Intruder
6. The Stowaway
7. The Vanished
8. The Rebel
9. The Dark One
10. The Salvation
Last edited by Earth2Mama on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
BabyBehr86
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BabyBehr86 »

Oh that would be wonderful! babybehr86@aol.com.

I'm trying to fill in some blanks for a fic I'm writing so this might help.

You're truly amazing. Thanks again!

Sami
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

BabyBehr86 wrote:I've yet to read the books, so if someone could answer this for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Do the books go into any kind of detail of what kind of people the Royal Four originially were? In the show I felt that there were very mixed opinions. Some people said Zan was a great king while others...not so much.

Also, I think I read somewhere that the books portrayed the people of Antar, Royal Four included, as not so nice. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!
The Melinda Metz books are completely different from the show. Max, Michael and Isabel don't have past lives in the books and they're not royalty. I don't think the home planet is even called Antar.
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

The original Roswell books 1-10 are out on the web for all to read, as are some of the books based off the show including: pursuit, nightscape etc.

You can find them here:

http://www.wattpad.com/stories/search/roswell

And someone actually wrote a fanfic based off of the books which I loved. It was pleasantly on the same level as the books which is probably why it appealed to me. I loved it. It tied up loose ends and it GAVE Michael/Maria that final happy ending that we only got fleeting moments of in books 1-10 . I consider it book 11 because it truly is like the books...except with more featured friendship which at the end of book 10, I think EVERYONE was craving...well at least for M/M.

It is called: "New Understandings" by Beowulf which you can find here:

http://www.crashdown.com/fanfic/afterhr ... lfMM.shtml

---

As far as the books go...they are nothing like the show, except for the couplings. But even in that...Alex and Isabel don't get together, though he is alive in the end. Actually he got trapped on Max's home planet and they had open up a worm hole to save him. They're worth a read if you like Roswell...just to give you a history of how our Roswell came to be. And they do have some interesting bits that I wish were incorporated into the show like the dream orbs.

I didn't particularly like the books mainly because I was excepting so much more, but then realized that they were written on a middle school level and I wouldn't be getting the depth I wanted and was use to. The books based off the series are much better, but plagued with grammatical errors that it shames me.
Last edited by Sundae on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Sundae wrote:The original Roswell books 1-8 are out on the web for all to read, as are some off the books based of the show including: pursuit, nightscape etc.

You can find them here:

This is awesome! Thanks for posting that Sundae :D

BabyBehr86 - I'll send you what I have tonight 8)
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

Earth2Mama wrote:
Sundae wrote:The original Roswell books 1-8 are out on the web for all to read, as are some off the books based of the show including: pursuit, nightscape etc.

You can find them here:

This is awesome! Thanks for posting that Sundae :D

BabyBehr86 - I'll send you what I have tonight 8)

Oops you quoted me before I edited my post. AH well...sorry 1-10 are out on the web.

:)