The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Official "Complain About Life" Thread

Post by Sundae »

I really hate when someone asks you something...that you otherwise wouldn't share....and when you do share it, they brush it off as nothing.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

I'm official in my late 20's...does this mean I'm going to start getting greys or does that happen in your late 30's?
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

valentinebaby wrote:I'm official in my late 20's...does this mean I'm going to start getting greys or does that happen in your late 30's?
Grey hairs happened to me when I was 19. Thanks for the genes, Dad! Thumbs up.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

valentinebaby wrote:I'm official in my late 20's...does this mean I'm going to start getting greys or does that happen in your late 30's?
I've only got 2 years and 3 months until I'm 30 (I'm actually scared to type it!), but thankfully there are no grey hairs yet... I'm hoping it'll be at least another 5 years or so before that happens :P. I am starting to notice a couple of lines on my forehead when I raise my eyebrows now though. However, apparently I still look about 17, so if things carry on like this, I'm hoping to still look 27 when I'm actually 37 ;).

Random thing happened today though: I'm staying at my parents' house this weekend and I answered the phone to a survey man this morning who had to check twice that I was over 18 because apparently I sound really young on the phone :P!
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

What age is officially late twenties anyway?
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

I'm assuming 27....I mean it didn't hit me at 26 and it's still to close to the middle but I'm thinking 27 is probably just about right. Idk I suppose it could be 26 and it could've happened last year when I wasn't paying attention.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Hey, is that where your name comes from? Because you were a Valentine's Day baby?
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Partially, it's my grandmother's maiden name, and my great grandma had girls....the whole family was bugging her to name me Valentine, and since it was too big of a coincidence to pass up, she gave it to me for my middle name. Plus it's just a good day for me, day I got engaged on, a few other things, my son's original due date was actually Valentine's Day too but he decided he wanted to be late and have a birthday of his own. I started using it as a screen name though a long time ago.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

That's cool.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

valentinebaby wrote:I'm assuming 27....I mean it didn't hit me at 26 and it's still to close to the middle but I'm thinking 27 is probably just about right. Idk I suppose it could be 26 and it could've happened last year when I wasn't paying attention.
I'll be 27 this year too, but I don't really mind getting older. I actually can't wait until my 30th birthday. When you've got siblings over 40, being any age under 30 means you're still fair game for being treated like a child. Regardless of if you've already got a wife, a kid, and a mortgage. So yeah, for me the big three O can't come fast enough.

~Chad~