Roswell got compaired to the pop culture phenomenon Twilight

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

candyGazer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Roswell got compaired to the pop culture phenomenon Twilight

Post by candyGazer »

All I have to say is that one of my good friends used to be a twilight fanatic. But, I got her to watch Roswell, and now she can't get enough and agrees that Twilight is simply a lame attempt of retelling such an awesome plot.
banner made by Melinda
Sin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sin »

Coccy wrote: Liz especially is not really like Bella. Liz has friends and dreams for her future, she has a life outside Max and she loves her friends and parents too.
I agree with the context of this being season 1 and season 2 Liz. Season 3 Liz however is a lot like Bella.

Twilight isn't really a good romantic story anyway. The main problem with Twilight is that you never really buy that Bella and Edward are in love. Instead of actually showing you how they fall in love they just end up showing you endless montages of them which isn't the same as showing us the connection and love between the characters. Ultimately both Edward and Bella are pretty vapid, shapeless and hollow characters.

I would also like to point out the major comparisons between Buffy and Angel as well as Max and Liz for Twilight's Edward and Bella.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

I don't know, I think even season three Liz wasn't as bad as Bella. I mean, yeah, she had lost some of herself in Max during season 3, but Bella was practically suicidal when Edward was gone. Liz still had a mind of her own, more than Bella ever did.
kissme4ever123
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kissme4ever123 »

I have resently watched the lastest Twilight movie. I had to see what was the hipe. The reviews were good, so decide to see it. After seeing it, I have concluded that there is no real love story. Now I would like to say, that I'm up for a vampire/human love story, but this is a load of crap. It was more of a love going on between the between the human/ werewolf. The Twilight love story is nothing like the Roswell love stroy. Who ever say's that is lying. Bella is nothing like Liz. Liz's life is not wrapped around Max, like Bella and Edward. And Max and Liz makes a cuter couple than Bella and Edward.

It is insluting to compare Roswell to Twilight.
Our greatest fear is ourself.
Always be true to yourself because if you can't, than it is not worth anything to anyone one.
ObsessedToNight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ObsessedToNight »

When I first saw and read Roswell I immediatley thought, wow I cant believe Stephanie Meyer ripped this off.
But even though their is alot of comparison of the two....Roswell basically melts my heart, and I cant stop obsessing over it. I became a fanatic years after in went off the air... i just wish i loved it back then :mrgreen:
KlutzySheep
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by KlutzySheep »

kissme4ever123 wrote:I have recently watched the latest Twilight movie. I had to see what was the hype. The reviews were good, so decide to see it. After seeing it, I have concluded that there is no real love story. Now I would like to say, that I'm up for a vampire/human love story, but this is a load of crap. It was more of a love going on between the between the human/ werewolf. The Twilight love story is nothing like the Roswell love story. Who ever say's that is lying. Bella is nothing like Liz. Liz's life is not wrapped around Max, like Bella and Edward. And Max and Liz makes a cuter couple than Bella and Edward.

It is insulting to compare Roswell to Twilight.
I agree 100% with this post. Especially the part about how insulting it is to compare it with Roswell. Yeah, Roswell is of the "forbidden love" genre, but Twilight is about an abusive relationship between a girl and a supernatural being. Max's relationship with Liz is far from abusive. He doesn't control her life, who her friends are, or where she goes, unlike that douche EDWARD. And Liz isn't dependent on Max as much as Bella was dependent on Edward. When Edward left Bella, she spent months MOPING to the point where she would scream every night. I'm sorry, but that's probably the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in my life. When Max wanted to leave Liz in the first season, know what she did? She went on with her life. Granted, she still saw him, but the point still stands.

On a side note, Breaking Dawn was the worst book I had ever read in my life.