Polar Promises (UC,Mi/L,ADULT) [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) 5-18-10

Post by KiaraAlexisKlay »

Title: Pictures Paint a Thousand Words
Author: Kristin
Disclaimer : Not mine
Rating: Tame…uh, Teen.
Genre: AU, UC,
Pairing: pre official Polar, vague CC if you squint
Characters: Michael, Liz, Max
Synopsis: A different take on prompt #34, picture

~

Max Evans halted his search as if the lightning bolt of Zeus almighty had stuck him where he stood. The image present before him was both unusual and unexpected, and it took him a few blinks and eye rubs to figure out it was no hallucination he was seeing.

Liz Parker lay upon the top of one of the wooden picnic tables scattered about their latest camp site. Her denim wrapped legs were drawn up nearly to her chest as she lay upon her side, a position that Max knew she favored. Her ragged heather gray hooded sweatshirt was bunched up under her head in an impromptu pillow. It grieved him to notice the dark circles gracing the curve of skin under her eyes, contrasting sharply to the olive skin that seemed to have a permanent tan ‘glow’ to it even during winter times.

But what truly gave him pause was the hulking, almost menacing shape just behind her, a form that Liz obviously didn’t mind. Nearly twice her height and just as bitter as she could be sweet, Michael Guerin lay full length beside her on the tabletop, lanky limbs wrapping about her in a modified spoon position. The crook of his left arm curved about her hips and upper thigh, hand resting way too comfortably across the span of Liz’s waist, long, lean fingers tapering upward and under the tight shirt and undershirt Liz favored. That hand pressing against her belly tucked her closer into the curve of his own body, sheltering, comforting…possessive.

The other arm pillowed his shaggy head, a head that was tilted toward the head of the woman child before him, nose buried in the chocolate, silk tresses and Max’s eyes narrowed. Deep in her slumber, Liz shifted, her left hand moving upward to tangle about a larger hand and wrist, and she pressed backward deeper in Michael’s embrace, a contented sigh escaping her lips. Michael’s faded brown leather bomber jacket was spread across the legs of both of them, though Liz was covered the most.

Tired, worn, and weary all of them were. But even then, entwined about each other on a picnic table together, the pair radiated a sense of peace and comfort. It was a trust that came not from the circumstance, but the person they were holding onto. Max had never felt so torn. He was insanely jealous that Liz, who hadn’t been able to sleep properly since her emerging powers had made themselves known again in a spectacularly violent way, could find enough peace in Michael’s arms of all people. Yet at the same time, he was glad, if only grudgingly that for a short time that Liz was not suffering anymore.

That was perhaps the most disturbing shock of all, Max thought dismally. Without a word, he spun about and head back toward the van and the company of the others. Not trusting himself to look back, he never even saw the wary and protective whiskey favored eyes tracking his progress.

With a relieved sigh and pleased grunt, Michael closed his eyes again; tugging Parker closer and using his be-ringed thumb to caress the satiny swath of stomach exposed to the air. The lip that nuzzled the vulnerable skin at the juncture of her neck and should twitched upward in a lazy smirk, and he let himself relax for the first time since Maxwell interrupted his vacation.

banner made by RoswellOracle!
KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) 5-18-10

Polar Promises

By Kristin aka Kiara Alexis Klay

Genre: One shot prompts; drabbles

Disclaimer: Not mine. All Roswell characters and situations belong to Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, the WB/CW, and their respective producers, affiliates, networks.

Rating: Teen

Pairing: No Definite Ship this drabble

Characters: Multi

Synopsis: Prompt # 35 – Bitter, #36 – Metallic, #37 - Discard

~ * ~ * ~

“What is it?”

The gathered mix of young adults huddled together were spread out in a semi circle, trading dubious glances as they eyed the topic of conversation displayed for all to see in the center. The scent of ozone that only came from an overheated pan clung through the air, the metallic tang tainting the surrounding area.

Trust Michael to be the one to say what was on everyone’s mind with tactless emphasis.

“Do you really have to ask?” Maria DeLuca snapped in exasperation, glaring at the tall man. She glared even more as one eyebrow winged upward briefly before lowering in a pointed stare.

“Oh, for goodness sakes…here!” Maria grabbed at what was on the table and shoved it forward. Liz was the unfortunate soul close at hand and made the mistake of opening her mouth to protest. Not waiting for anything, Maria shoved a forkful of the unknown goop right in there.

Michael watched in fascination with the others as Liz bravely chewed and swallowed by reflex, and then turned an amazing palette of colors. After scrunching her face as if tasting something particularly bitter and revolting, she first paled to an unnatural parchment color, she then went to a grayish-yellow straight to chartreuse. Mentally he started his count from the time the blood left her face to when Parker couldn’t make it any longer, about-faced, and ran to the side of the van that faced the woods. The sound of her discarding the vile unknown substance the traditional way had him chuckling at the offended glare Maria sent in her direction.

Fifteen seconds.

“I am not eating that! You can’t make me!”

Kyle’s fervent declaration broke the silence that had befallen both the group and the sickly individual separated by an old van.

“The elf’s right. No way am I touching that. Don’t believe us? Tell that to Parker.”

And with that, Michael left the group to check up on the missing Parker.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) 5-29

Polar Promises - "Lily"
By Kristin aka Kiara Alexis Klay
Genre: One shot prompts; drabbles
Disclaimer: Not mine. All Roswell characters and situations belong to Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, the WB/CW, and their respective producers, affiliates, networks.
Rating: Teen
Pairing: Polar – Michael Guerin, Elizabeth “Liz” Parker
Characters: Multi
Synopsis: Polar Attraction Drabble Prompt #38 – Lily … tag to “Bitter”.

~ * ~ * ~

The moment he saw it, he was sharply reminded of her and he smirked.

Crimson stained the body in a bold hello alongside a shock of that bright yellow found only in flower pollen. Indigo and purple veins shot from the center to thread through the rest of the petal in little spidery wisps. A deep hunter green stem held its head up proudly, alone amongst a small thicket of thorns, looking at the same time both regal and yet so weary.

The thistles had grown ever closer and he knew it was only a matter of time before they choked the life out of the hardy plant. Taking only a moment to process these facts, he quickly swooped in and rescued it from a slow, agonizing death and went on his way.

He had another lily to rescue.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) 6-19

~Untitled: Tag to "Bitter" and "Lily"

~~~

Tremendous heaves expunged the repellant mass of so called "food" and Liz choked out the rest of the bile. Tears welled in her eyes at the remaining foul taste and wearily she leaned against the side of the tree she'd just used as an impromptu toilet.

What a friend, Liz snorted at her inward commentary, vowing never ever was she ever going to stand close or open her mouth when Maria was cooking. If there was ever a reason why her father kept Maria as a waitress and not one of the cooks, it was just proven spectacularly tonight.

"Don't look so glum, Parker," an amused voice laughed from behind her, and with a put out sigh, Liz turned her head enough to glare out at the offending man.

"You wouldn't look so hot either if you had had that witch's brew shoved down your throat," she muttered, not bothering to raise her voice as she knew he'd hear her just fine. She closed her eyes and tried to will the rising ache in her temples, taking a deep breath, and praying that her burgeoning powers would not chose this time to make an appearence.

"Can't argue with that. Gum?"

"Oh, please," Liz opened her eyes enough to accept the small stick of mint flavored goodness and happily munched the foulness away. If only her other problems were so easy to dismiss.

"Michael...thank you," she whispered softly, eyes closed again, resting against the rough bark.

"I, ah, know it probably won't make you feel any better, but here..."

The scent hit her first, a sharp tang that made you sit up and pay attention, and Liz looked down at the object thrust in her hands. A lily. A beautiful, crimson and yellow stained lily. The single bloom looked so proud in her hands, and Liz felt the first smile in a long time cross her lip and she looked up at the uncomfortable man staring back up the path to their group. His shoulders tense as if expecting some kind of chewing out.

"I thought of you," he spoke, back still turned to her and Liz's smile became something a little more tender.

"It's beautiful."

"Yeah, well, it was just about dead, being choked out by a bunch of thistles. Thought it'd be a better death in your hands than slowly wasting away."

"Michael..."

"Come back when you feel better. Max is going to worry."

Then Michael walked back up the path toward the others, and Liz was left clutching the fragile flower desperately clinging to life.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) 8-15

Title: Polar Promises
Author: Kristin aka Kiara Alexis Klay
Genre: Unconventional; drabble-esque one-shots
Summary: tag to Prompt #4's "Laundry" ... on page 1
Rating: teen for now
Pairing: Polar - Michael Guerin, Elizabeth "Liz" Parker
Characters: Max, Isabel, Tess, Michael, Maria, Liz, Alex, Kyle
Timeline: skewed :lol:

~*~*~
~*~*~

"Where's Liz?"

At his surrogate brother's confused demand, Michael lifted his head up from his position of staring at the scuff mark on his boot, arms still crossed and weight still braced on the boulder his shoulder leaned against.

A quick scan of the Jetta and his irritible looking on-again, off-again -currently OFF- girlfriend revealed no doe-eyed brunette in the vicinity. Alex managed to stop mooning after Isabel long enough swap looks with Maria, and Tess gave an irritated glare at Max and Kyle, the Munchkin unfortunately close enough for her to smack at his pout of, "If Liz isn't here, why do I need to be?"

"Where is Parker?" Michael drawled, attempting to sound casual and instead coming off just as irritated as the rest of the group. It was eleven freaking o clock at night, he could have been home watching a hockey game on ESPN or something, and instead he got ordered out here to the quarry for another "emergency" meeting.

"Liz isn't coming. Her parents got called to an emergency meeting in Santa Fe and won't be home for the next week ... Nancy told Liz that she didn't want her out tonight, and told her to finish up the chores she hadn't got to as they left just as we finished closing," Maria complained, pouting.

"Chores? What kind of chores did she have that was more important than our meeting?" Max demanded, looking baffled and more than a tad put out.

"The usual ... clean the house, set the alarm, stay insided like a good little girl, finish the dishes. But I swear, she did seem a little too cheerful at being told to make sure the laundry was taken care of."

Kyle choked and Michael swore as his heart missed a beat or two. Even Alex stood up a little straighter - intersting, what did he know? - and Kyle started to clear his throat, obviously trying to relearn how to breathe.

Michael was already halfway to his bike before it registered in his brain that there was yelling aimed at his actions.

"Michael, where are you going?" Isabel shouted after her brother, brows crinkling.

"Gonna get a hold of Parker's ass and knock some sense into her," he threw over his shoulder as he straddled his bike and turned the engine on, effectively drowning out further protests, revving the engine a few times -accidentally of course- and then smirked as he flipped the Elf off as he passed him by.

Looks like he was going to get a lesson in laundry after all.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) 9-02

Polar Promises : "Pre-Rinse"
by Kristin aka KiaraAlexisKlay
Genre: Unconventional, Alternate Universe
Disclaimer: Not mine. I wish Michael was though. :mrgreen:
Synopsis: Tag to Prompt #4's "Laundry" and sequel to "Loading"
Rating: Mature
Pairing: Polar - Michael, Liz

~*~*~
Pre-Rinse
~*~*~

Liz hummed a tuneless little diddy as she moved through the apartment. A bean-shaped white plastic laundry basket was propped on one hip as she made sure that all the dirty clothes were placed within before her last stop at her own room. Placing the basket on top of her bed, she quickly shed her work shoes and peeled off her white socks with a secret smile, twirling her toes and rubbing the cotton fibers from between said toes as she bopped around to the music of her tuneless little diddy.

Even though she didn't care for being alone as often as she was, she normally took time to enjoy at least a few hours to herself, if nothing else. When she was alone, she could run around naked if she wanted and eat as much ice cream as she wanted without being made guilty by whichever parent's offspring-eating-junk-food radar that went off.

Tonight was going to be a good night, Liz thought as she tossed her used socks into the basket and then proceeded to dance her way through unbuttoning her uniform even as she searched through nooks and crannies for any dirty clothes that might have escaped either her or her mother's neat freak OCDness. With her dress already completely unbuttoned but still on, and an armful of dust bunny claimed clothes, Liz placed the soiled garments in the basket and whisked her uniform off with a grand flourish, laughing at her own antics.

There was something inheritantly exhilarating and freeing about being clad only in undergarments, Liz mused as she pranced her way out of her room and downstairs toward the laundry room. She showed no fear and why should she? She was by herself, in her own home, and she wasn't in any window flashing anybody so she was safe to express herself and her enjoyment of her own body without fear.

And that was something so heady it took her breath away.

Hell, she just liked the feeling that she was doing something society would cringe at if she had skipped into a public laundromat in nothing but her bra and panties and a basket full of dirth clothes. A little bit of her naughty streak coming out to play, she laughed aloud.

"Little "Perfect" Liz Parker, rebel," Liz mocked her rival and allies alike, knowing about the hurtful nickname she had been saddled with by people who only saw what they wanted and expected her bo be. Down past the stairs, more in the breakroom area of the Crashdown, Liz took a left and then followed the hall all the way down to the last door on the left. This was a laundry room for both personal, and the Crashdown use, alike.

Setting her burden down, Liz did a little twirl and took a bow to an imaginary audience, strutting about as she checked the industrial sized dryer on the existing clothes and saw there was still a good forty five minutes before it was finished.

"Don'tcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me!" she crooned out of nowhere, bobbing her head as the tuneless diddy took on a song of it's own to match the playful seducing mood she'd found herself in. And the Pussycat Dolls was exactly the type of girl power sex kitten group that she found she needed tonight.

She began to separate the colors into categories, the usual lights, whites, and darks ... plus there was a section for towels, and Crashdown linens. As well as the occasional apron and uniform. Her face began to redden as she recalled the conversation with Michael and Kyle on one of their movie nights, and inwardly cursed the alien's enhanced hearing that had led to that awkward confession.

"Don'tcha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me....Don'tcha!" she sang as she finished measuring out the needed detergent and set the washer on it's pre-rinse cycle. It would take a few minutes for the large capacity to fill up but once it did Liz planned on having a little "me" time with her, her imagination, and the washer machine. She slammed the lid down with a satisfied smile as she finished the song.

"Wish ya!"

"Oh, hell yes."

With a girly shriek Liz whipped around, pressing her almost naked body agianst the white of the washer, looking in shock at the familiar voice behind her. She hadn't even heard the damn door open!

"MICHAEL!!"

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) 9-02

Polar Promises
"Breathe"
by Kristin aka Kiara Alexis Klay
Polar - michael, liz
disclaimer: not mine

~

She danced through the room as if there was nothing wrong, in this world, or any other. The bright, white flash of her teeth as she deigned to smile upon the gathered flock lit up the room, and kindled the heat the surged to the fore at the sight.

She looked over her shoulder and caught his gaze, espresso eyes deepening to the darkest cocoa depths as they collided.

His lungs forgot their function.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Promises (UC,ADULT) 9-23 update

Polar Promises
"Stutter"
by Kristin aka Kiara alexis Klay
Disclaimer: not mine.
Summary: Tag to "Breathe"

~

His gaze burned a pattern across my back, and I shuddered, wondering if the path of his gaze would be permanently tattooed upon my skin. It was so difficult to concentrate when I could taste the intensity that seemed to wind itself throughout whatever room he was present in.

Absently, I smiled to the gathered customers, but it was just an illusion. Task completed of taking their order, I couldn't resist. My head tilted to the side as my hair teased over the opposite shoulder and my eyes were drawn to his without hesitation.

I think my heart just stopped.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Polar Promises
"Sight"
by kristin aka Kiara Alexis Klay
pairing: polar - Michael, Liz
disclaimer: not mine
Summary: tag to 'Breathe' and 'Stutter'.
italics should be Liz POV
bold should be Michael POV

~

She's looking at me.

Really, truly, looking at me, past the illusions, the mirages I built to keep everybody out.

Sonava gun. She's looking at me.

~

He's looking at me.

His no-nonsense attitude tears through the "goody good" layers I've wrapped about myself like body armor.

Oh, God, he's looking at me.

KiaraAlexisKlay
Addicted Roswellian

Polar Promises:
"Sound"
by Kristin aka Kiara Alexis Klay
Disclaimer: Not mine
Summary: sequel to 'Breathe', 'Stutter', and 'Sight'.

~

"Order up!"

Just as disturbing as the cracking of a bullwhip, the moment is gone, and I avert my eyes away.

Like a sonic boom, I am assaulted with the harsh accompaniment of inane chatter, squealing children, aggravated adults growling into cell phones and across tables to spouses.

I shake myself as I hurry toward the source of my newfound awareness, flushing darkly as I turn in a new order and gather the awaiting one.