Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.92 12/22[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.20 12/19/08

Post by paper »

Janetfl : OMG I just love your Khivar he is just so totally evil it's pure brilliance!!
It is a fine line I have to walk, between making him a cartoon and grossing everyone out. Thank you for your kind words! :D
ken_r : like a jackal waiting patiently for the leader to finish his feed. the General will accept what drops from the table.
I think this one just kind’a dropped into his lap! I’m pretty sure this happens a lot when people in power think they can do anything they want and get away with it. :shock:
Thanks so much for your comment!

Now on to more pleasant circumstances . . .

Welcome readers! Enjoy your tour of Kavar's digs. :mrgreen:

21 - Crystal Palace

Never was there a more beautiful sight.

Khivar had the ornate Crystal Palace built just a few cycles after he valiantly liberated the galaxy from the disgraceful mismanagement administered by the insipid upstart who inherited the throne when King Zander III died.

Chaos had ruled until HE stepped in to save the day. He was never so glad to be rid of anyone in his entire life. Sucking up to his clueless predecessor had been traumatic indeed. And he felt like he’d been doing it forever.

Never again!

One had only to glance briefly through his glorious Empire to see the immeasurable benefits Khivar brought to his minions.

And you could see his Empire’s glorious landscape for hundreds of plethron from the many convenient balconies on the posh upper floors of the awesome wonder built into one side near the top of the mountain. You could even manage a glimpse of The Wabe Nature Preserve from here if the light was just right and you squinted hard enough.

Serena had perfected a radical new process to combine various local raw materials to generate a diamond-hardened glass that made up the entire palace exterior. It was transparent enough to let a small amount of light through the thickness, but opaque enough to preserve privacy and safety. The material reflected the glorious colors surrounding it and the effect could be seen long distances away during the day as it picked up the ruby glow of their giant sun and the various yellows, greens and blues that complemented the landscape.

Built on the site of the former lackluster palace, this beauty shone with radiance both day and night. The red sun never ceases to bestow this glory during the day, reflecting all the colors of the landscape.

And he’d had high-intensity spotlights installed to light up the entire exterior to produce an even more pleasing cobalt nocturnal result. It didn’t hurt security aspects, either.

Let his miserable enemies huddle together in their dank burrows beneath the rock. Crystal Palace is a mighty fortress that will stand the tests of time.

Everything about his residence was first-class. The lavish fountains, the many beautiful hanging prism light emitters and expansive gleaming marble foyers greeted the visitor, while the exquisite brocade tapestries hanging on the walls told the awesome history of the empire. He’d had slaves working non-stop to produce the beautiful works of art as soon as his P. R. Department finished the tale. (One can never have enough good “spin” and his public relations needed a major overhaul after the massacres.)

After all, it is the winners who write the history transcripts. And they had all needed copious revisions.

There was a separate entrance at the rear of the castle for those participating in Court. It was just as lavish, but was built even larger to accommodate the high influx of visitors who came to see and take part in the proceedings. The only flaw was a mysterious emerald stain that marred some of the stone remaining from the original palace located here. Visitors thought it must be some kind of “inside joke” because Officers on their way to Court were often seen to joke together and laugh as they trod over the lime-colored stain.

There were massive conference rooms where Khivar could meet with the local Governors and Warlords in private.

Then, there was the vast opulent “Chamber of Resolutions” where he laid down his decrees and decided the fates of millions. The dais sported an imposing royal purple velvet-lined, jewel-encrusted throne to rest his Imperial behind.

It was a heady thing, being such a powerful man. Khivar reveled in the excesses this authority gave him. The lemming that he overthrew would have never appreciated the type of power that Khivar wields every day.

Only one such as he deserves such a magnificent abode.

Kavar Khivar A Despot's work is never done.
paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.21 12/20/08

Post by paper »

ken_r: I think there are sayings for imperial behinds that set them apart from generic behinds
What kind of sayings, Ken? :twisted: Thank you so much for your feedback!
Janetfl: Is this where he murdered them all.....? Paper your descriptive prose is just amazing!!!!!!
Khivar is the type of guy who likes to collect “souvenirs”. :shock: This is the central corridor of the former Palace (ch. 1) where “he painted the floors with the body of his former nemesis. The lime-colored blood stained the stone hallway to remind all who tread the central corridor that a new regime has taken control. “
Thank you so much for your sweet feedback!
I'm starting to get worried because I'm actually beginning to like Khivar
That worries me, also. You’re not supposed to LIKE the guy! :twisted:
art_junkie: Omg.. i so wish i was there!
Awesome post, you really captured the look of the place.. i could actually imagine it!
You are far too kind. Thank you so much! I think I was a tour guide in my last life. :mrgreen:

Welcome visitors and friends.

This one is a little sumpin-sumpin for my regular readers.

I’m sure you’re about ready for a little “action”.
Right?

22 - Hot and Wet

He meandered lazily through the semi-open breezeway to a large bright well-ventilated open-air room.

While the chamber had a beautiful mirrored ceiling, the walls were open to a lush private outdoor garden which surrounded it on three sides. The heady fragrance of the exotic flowers and pungent herbs wafted through the entire area, cloaking the air with their intoxicating perfume. The fourth side of the chamber, which abutted the palace, was enclosed & held various paraphernalia to enhance one’s experience here and make it more pleasurable.

There were lounges scattered about the area upon which sat scantily clad beauties waiting to fulfill the Emperor’s every whim.
Most of these lovelies were blonde as he usually leaned in that direction, but today he wanted more spice. After a swift perusal of the available options, he indicated his selection with a flick of his fingers toward a buxom redhead. With a growled “depart”, all of the others quickly gathered up their things and scurried out, leaving them to complete privacy.

The admiring redhead he chose quickly divested him of his clothing.

Her approving eyes appraised his toned and buff physique while he readied himself for this exertion. She was so close that her scent filled his nostrils with the fragrance of her desire as he got into place. The temperature was extremely warm and the air was humid causing a sheen of perspiration to form on his skin.

As he plunged beneath the surface, soothing warmth & wetness enveloped him like a glove. He started out slow, then steadily built his momentum. He sunk his entire being into garnering pleasure from the invigorating motions.

This activity was usually reserved for early mornings upon arising from his well-earned sleep period, but he had felt an itch to get his mind off the annoying combat statistics so he decided to scratch it and discharge his aggravations with this enjoyable diversion.

Now, he let his mind go blank as he put everything he had into pushing himself to the maximum.

Working himself into a frenzy, he thrust himself harder & harder, until his heart rate began to pick up from the exercise. As he moved back & forth, he immersed his hard sinuous flesh deeper & deeper. His powerful strokes continued until he had achieved the strenuous workout he was looking for. When he pushed himself this hard, his release usually simmered through him for hours afterward.

When he achieved his high, he rolled over & relaxed as he perused his naked image in the mirror above. He was well satisfied with the result.

When he was finished with his swim, he rose and held out his arms while his attractive attendant reverently toweled him off from the exertion. Now he felt ready to face the long afternoon work schedule. She helped him don a luxurious robe, then with the gorgeous redhead on his arm, he sauntered back to his private chambers where she would give him a vigorous massage.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.22 12/21/08

Post by paper »

A hearty Antarian welcome to all readers and an extra special THANK YOU! to my wonderful feedbackers.

Should I keep going through the holiday week? Or would people like a hiatus?

I’m sure everyone is busy. I have enough snow to shovel to keep me busy all week and it keeps coming.
I’m thinking of putting black tarps on the mountains to melt some of it away but its minus two today, so that might not work.
ken_r: read a michael Crighton story the other day where the young things kept to comfort the rich old fart, were talking.
I’ve never read him. I saw the movies Twister and Jurrasic Park. I think that is the extent of my awareness of him. If I’m reading, I want Roswell. :mrgreen: Although I especially like anything that deals with alternate realities and time travel. :shock:
Janetfl: I'm going to have nightmares for a week!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pure brilliance!!! JAN
Sorry to interrupt your good dreams! :cry: :cry: :cry: This part is a little more innocuous so you should be ok. :mrgreen:
jake17: Paper I just found this story and I love it! Your imagination is unbelievable! I love the banner! Fantastic that you took that picture! Perfect for your story!
You definitely have my attention! awesome Job! Carrie
I'm so glad you find this interesting! I’m pleased you like the banner. 8) 8) 8) Photography is my first love. :D

I’m having a lot of fun producing the signatures to flow along with the story. But I think I broke my digital camera the other day when I tried to film the trees weighed down by the snow. Don’t know if the cold killed it or the light intensity. I took the pic of The Wabe plant also.

Honorable mention goes to Space.com for the wonderful site where I extrapolated my information on planetary perspectives. Kudos to their excellent articles on saving Earth from extinction in a few billion years!

Whew! I hope that everyone enjoyed the swim!
I trust we didn’t lose any little swimmers in that Olympic size pool?

We’ve just been exposed to Khivar in the raw, but we didn’t really get a good look. That will come tomorrow, if plans prevail. But for now . . .

After that refreshing dip in the pool, I’m sure we’re all ready for a little snack? Right?
I KNOW Khivar is famished after all that swimming.

23 - Deep Thoughts

As Khivar was enjoying a relaxing buffet of various mouth-watering tender morsels, his thoughts drifted to the mysteries of the universe.

As they often do.

He is no slacker.

He thinks BIG thoughts.

And the Universe is pretty BIG.

He had studied the history of the Whirligig Galaxy whilst just a lad, enjoying a private tutor who pounded him with facts and figures till he wanted to hurl. The tutor bored him to tears and made him want to pull all of the thick flaxen hair right out of his skull.
But Serena loved to study this stuff when she was a teenager and she would constantly wax poetic about it at the dinner table.

It was usually just the two of them.

And Serena was all about the science, if she wasn’t decrying the inequalities of the sexes or trying to convince him to at least pretend to get along with the much older boys, Zan and Rath.

Even younger than Kavar by quite a few years, Serena never shared his defiance towards formal training. She loved to study everything she could get her hands upon. And she always held the foolish notion that some day she would find her destiny among the stars.

Serena thinks that the Sun which blesses the life-sustaining lands in this solar system did not always sport the intense red hue that it boasts currently. During the first 7 billion years of its young life, she says, it had been more of a yellow color. And there had been seven planets, instead of five. Then, it underwent a mid-life crises.

As the sun matured, it burned off and consumed its hydrogen shell. Its core became hotter and denser as it started burning helium to replace the hydrogen fuel of its former diet. While the outer envelope expands, the core shrinks becoming much denser as it compacts under the strain. Then nuclear forces in the churning core build to the point that it bursts into a cataclysmic supernova.

For the last million years or so, it has been getting hotter and redder as the outer layer grows in size. The two planets closest to the glowing ball of fire were incinerated as it expanded to engulf their orbits. When the gravitational pull got stronger and magnetic forces caused friction to slow their course, the planets simply spun down into the inferno and were absorbed without fanfare.

Serena thinks the planets that were destroyed probably supported life during the period when the sun was still yellow. As the punishing changes occurred over time, they simply packed their bags and moved to one of the other more hospitable planets nearby.

Of course, she says, they had to introduce plant and animal life on a grand scale first. The outer orbiting planets had previously been frozen wastelands of ice and barren frozen rock. As the sun expanded, its heat spread farther out into the galaxy and warmed up the snowy wastelands. The changes occurred over many generations so they had time to prepare the new environments and coordinate the transfer.

‘Talk about being between a rock and a hard place!’ He can image just what a huge undertaking it must have been. ‘Glad I don’t have to worry about something like that! It’s bad enough that I have to deal with all the problems I have now.’

Serena just loves to sink her teeth into problems just like those. She has all kinds of ideas about “terra-farming” other worlds and seeding new life throughout the solar system.

What a load of crap!

He is relieved to know that they have about a billion years left, before the sun grows so large that they will have to rent their own moving trailer.

Kavar feels quite content where he is now. Fine porcelain serving pieces, precious-metal tableware and crystal glassware grace his exclusive table, surrounded by stunning artwork and expensive statuary to be admired as he devours his epicurean delight.

He picks up another one of his favorite foods and savors the delicious flavors infused into the small treasure. These Jub-Jubs are a guilty pleasure. It would be illegal for the average Antarian to kill the protected species and consume it. They are a rare delicacy reserved for those with the wealth and connections to legally obtain the tasty extravagance.

In other words, HIM.

Eating the delicious bird is akin to a religious experience. The delicate flavors and mouth-tingling textures must be savored slowly to absorb the gratification which stems from the transitory nature of life. The feast before him is expertly designed by his master chef to arouse the senses of sight, touch, smell and taste while pleasant music in the background provides a fifth stimulation. The colorful cuisine on his privileged table boasts a multitude of different complimentary textures and provides a mixture of sweet, sour, salty and bitter foods meant to tickle and tease the taste buds. He consumes them with relish.

As he slurps (it's considered polite here) his palate-cleansing drink then moves on to the next sampling, he ponders the meaning of life.
Last edited by paper on Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.23 12/22/08

Post by paper »

I found this amazing likeness to the esteemed Emperor when I was roaming the net. :shock: :shock: :shock: It looks exactly like I imagined Khivar to appear. 8) I am not affiliated in any way with the website where I found this image nor am I affiliated in any way with the beautiful man glaring out at us from in front of the blue curtain. Just use the back button on your browser to return here. :arrow:
ken_r: A true hedonist. rarity and difficulty to obtain are ratings of its flavor. You are capturing the soul of a true despot.
Thanks, Ken! A hedonist? You’re right! Is there any hope for this guy? :twisted:
Janetfl: I'm still going to be checking my computer and updating over the Chirstmas Holidays (yeah I know I'm sad but addicted).
The song is in your honor then! :mrgreen:
I wish I had command of (I was going to say the English language :lol: :lol: ) American language like you do. You are an amazing writer and I think I could learn a lot from reading your stories!!!
Awwwww. Geeeee. Shucks! Thanks so much! :oops: My old motto was “short and sweet”. My new motto, after writing this, is “say it with the longest words you can find”. It’s a good thing my word program brings up synonyms with just a right click! :twisted:

That reminds me. :twisted: I have to give honorable mention for the information in that last part to the wonderful site where I did my research on red giants: Space.com. Kudos to their excellent articles on saving Earth from extinction in a few billion years!
P.S. The nightmares are dying downs a bit now!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I’m sooooooooooo sorry! If I had known you had fear of water, I would have warned you in advance. :cry: I hope the last part hasn’t turned you off your dream of swimming the English Channel!

In light of the subject matter, please have antacid at the ready.

Addicted

I'm trying to forget that
I'm addicted to you
But I want it and I need it
I'm addicted to you
Now it's over
Can't forget what you said
And I never wanna do this again
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker

Since the day I met you
And after all we've been through
I'm still a dick
I'm addicted to you
I think you know that it's true
I'd run a thousand miles to get you
Do you think I deserve this?

From Simple Plan Album: No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls

24 - Style & Flair

Khivar likes being the center of attention. In fact, he usually demands it.

His physique is hulking and formidable: broad muscled shoulders, thin waist, bulging biceps, long blonde hair, and chiseled facial features.

When he walks into a room, all eyes are upon HIM.

Of course, he knows that as they seem to be admiring him, they are also assessing . . . judging . . . critiquing everything about him.

Their appraisals don’t bother him in the least.

He is always impeccably dressed and he keeps his magnificent physique polished to perfection.

He is handsome and debonair.

Charming and suave.

Genteel and sophisticated.

It is only natural for everyone in the Universe to be awed by him.

He is also shrewd and callous.

Ruthless and calculating.

And while sometimes, he has a flair for the dramatic, he also has a softer side when it comes to the ladies. His main focus is usually on blondes, but he likes to savor an occasional redhead or sun-kissed brunette and he always takes advantage of the blue-haired beauties of Cerule (pronounced She-rule) when they are within reach.

As Supreme Ruler, it is his obligation to spread his seed wherever he can manage.

‘The gene pool would enjoy major advances during my lifetime if the wymyn weren’t becoming so zamned infertile’, he smugly thought.

The troublesome thought affronted him. If the curse wasn’t affecting the entire Whirligig Galaxy, he would worry that it may be HIM, shooting blanks. His know-it-all sister thinks it is a result of the poisonous fumes permeating the whole rathing galaxy as a result of the hostilities.

Weapons are supposed to be lethal, after all.

If ships were not in such short supply due to the war, he would have to send a fact-finding mission throughout the universe to look for another habitable planet.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.24 12/23/08

Post by paper »

Thanks so much for your feedback, ken_r and Janetfl.
ken_r: … lets say that Kivar's first love is Kivar. That would give him and his wife something on common.
Hmmmm. I would hazard a guess that his wives don’t really like him as much as he likes himself. You will see why soon.
Janetfl: … did you really have to put one of Englands Icons as Khivar... I mean I'm never going to be able to look at this man again with a straight face!!!
I’m sooooooo glad that no one was offended in my choice of visage for His Majesty. I wasn’t quite sure how you felt about him now that he’s moved to the colonies. :shock:

I think of that image as I write and it helps me to focus. :mrgreen: If Khivar ever cuts his hair like Sampson, he can become an underwear model. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

His Royal Highness commands me to extend his fondest wishes to all in celebration of the season. :wink:

He shall be unavailable for Court proceedings until Friday. :wink: :wink:

For those of you who still think there isn’t enough action in this story, here’s another chapter to hold you over until then.

Happy Holidays!

25 - A Battle Royale

Harsh shouts rung out to shatter the quiet stillness in the brightly lit chamber as the General pointed his finger at his target.

“Hag!”

His adversary returned the volley as they held their weapons aloft and snarled at each other:
“Toad!”

“Weasel!”

“Lightweight!”

“Poser!”

“‘Fraidy Fhe!”

“Ooooooooohhhhhhhh! Now you’re just ASKING for it!” The big burly General swung his mighty battle axe at Kavar who deflected it with personal shielding just in time to escape serious injury. Kavar returned his hit with a swing of his own vorpal sword as the fight continued in earnest now. Clanging and clatter echoed through the huge gym as they fought for all they were worth. General Tove was a fearsome adversary. These weekly practice sessions helped to keep them both in top form.

After the party last night, they were both a little slow on the uptake. The inebriated celebrants hadn’t retired until the wee hours of the morning. This was going to be a looooonnnng day!

The two have known each other since they were young kids, roughhousing together became the norm to pass the time during the long boring Palace nights while the adults partied in the Grand Ballroom.

They each had Nannies to look after them and to make sure that no major mischief ensued. Vilandra, Zan and Rath were much older and wouldn’t give them the time of day. Perhaps that was the start of the animosity between themselves and the two Royals.

Of course, he never blamed Vilandra. Even back then, he’d had a crush on her.

Tove was the same age as Kavar and also lived at the Palace. Left to their own devices, they gradually grew close and became “best buds”. Tove always “had his back” whenever anyone came around looking for a scapegoat to blame the latest mishap upon. They loved to play practical jokes and any time they could get their foes in hot water without being caught, the rambunctious fiends wouldn’t hesitate to share their joy. No one EVER found out who instigated the mischief.

When they were old enough, Tove joined the King’s military, while Kavar found his favor in the political circles. They’d always had long drawn-out discussions of what was wrong with society and the way things were run. They would constantly analyze the current defenses and political structure and find fault with . . . well . . . just about everything.

The two remained fast friends and Tove was instrumental in formulating the comprehensive plans they expanded upon when the time was ripe. They each garnered contacts in their respective spheres to expand their networks. Kavar used his charm and wit to pull the Gauth’s (Tigre’s) fur over a good many eyes.

Later, during the actual takeover, Tove was the only person he really trusted. The two power-brokers barely contained the political feeding frenzy that swept over the planet. They worked long and hard to bring their plans to fruition. It was only natural that Tove became Kavar’s Second-in-Command. The General orchestrated the carnage of the secondary bloodbath when Kavar decided it was time to clean house and empty out his closets. He was really the only one of Kavar’s “inner circle” to even survive.

The Emperor counts only a very small minority whom he would designate “real friends”.

Many aspire.

Few are worthy.

When the snicker-snack of the battle finally winds down as their energy wanes, General Tove points at his friend and lobs one final verbal assault: “Yoooooouuuuuuu dirty rath!” Kavar collapses in a fit of laughter and the fight is over until next week at the same time.

“Come, my Gauth companion. Let’s go for a swim to cool off!”

Even though the recalcitrant General insisted that fhe’s don’t like to be immersed in water, they spent the next half hour doing laps in the pool followed by a vigorous massage. Then Khivar was on his way to Court while General Tove was off to take care of the business of war.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.26 12/26/08

Post by paper »

Welcome to all readers and lurkers. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Beware all who enter here. This part is kinda boring.
ken_r: Ah yes fighting with a hangover. that has cost more than one life when the adversary was slower than expected. Have a good Holiday
Good thing they were just kidding around then, right? I did wonder if anyone was going to comment on such an evil dictator letting his second call him such names? I particularly liked “poser”. 8)
hey infertility is not always bad
Good one, Ken! He does have “some” children. It’s too sad to even reflect on “how many”. Thankz for your feedback!
Janetfl: What ...? Khivar actually has friends ... is that possible ... or are they just the power hungry by standers!!!!! :D
It does look like he actually likes this guy. :shock: Although, behind every good Dictator stands a man with muscle to enforce his will. Thankz for your feedback and shining remarks! You are ever so kind! :D
jake17: IM all caught up Paper and once again awesome job!!

loved the description of Kivar and his childhood and his problem having little kivar's... maybe that's a good thing!
Thankz Carrie! I’m sure he’d like to have more kids, as long as he never has to be “exposed” to any of them! I don’t think the offspring he has even know what he looks like. It’s sad! :cry:

Not sure where I am getting some of this. It seems to write itself. Maybe I’m channeling him?
I hope this part on the “government agenda” doesn’t put anyone to sleep!

26 - Business As Usual

After conferring with his Secretary of State, Emperor Khivar strode haughtily into the Imperial Court & took his place upon the jewel-encrusted throne. His lofty stature sent a chill through those who have spent the better part of the day waiting in line to bring their concerns to the attention of the Emperor.

He scornfully wondered what Antar-shattering problems would be presented today.

Usually he listened with half an ear as his subjects brought their woes before the Court. This tedious & boring portion of his day seldom brought about any major changes. As he listened to the drivel presented over & over, his mind wandered to more pleasant diversions.

He rearranged the trophy room walls in his mind.

He decided what he would like for dinner.

He thought up a new practical joke to play on Tove.

He wondered if he should try to get in a little vacation before the next big military exercise.

It might be fun to do some hunting with Tove. He could call it a fact-finding mission. A little good press never hurt in these trying times.

Maybe he should do something fun tonight?

He could hold a little private party tonight in his quarters. Just himself, and about 5 or 6 sumptuous blondes from his harem.

Or maybe he would spend the night painting the town? He weighed the pros and cons of each club he could visit and picked out the attire he would wear to “wow the ladies” there.

The day wore on as he half-heartedly issued edicts, formulated governing and agricultural policies, and received various visiting Dignitaries & Ambassadors who always bowed and scraped before they offered their paltry material tributes in an attempt to honor his magnificence. Then the discussion evolved to include the current Military situation.

Now things were getting interesting!

The galleries had been cleared of spectators, who awaited the chance to return in a large hall just outside the main chamber. He gave his full attention to General Tove as his Officer described the most recent Military movements in the field and possible outcomes. Khivar perused the statistics laid out before him and questioned his General about the large losses. If this war didn’t end soon, that planet-finding excursion would become more and more advisable. Other Generals and Warlords were given their turn to bend his ear on ways to suppress the latest uprising, then Khivar stood.

There had been whispered murmurs questioning why the Granolith was never called into play, but no one dared voice these thoughts officially. Khivar felt it was time to distract everyone from this line of thinking.

“Prepare for a major offensive. Scour fresh recruits from the villages. We shall meet tomorrow to nail down plans to end this war once and for all. Depart.”

With a wave of his hand, he dismissed them all. Khivar had had enough for today. As he strode to his private entrance, he decided he would sleep on his decision and thusly give time for his Generals to shine by coming up with a way to use these new troops to the fullest advantage.

Maybe then he wouldn’t have to do the unthinkable.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.27 12/27/08

Post by paper »

I’m sooooo pleased that anyone decided to return after that boring government business! Welcome!

I hope everyone enjoyed Khivar’s Holiday Greeting. I took that picture just a hop, skip and a jump from the banner pic. Antar is lovely this time of year!
Janetfl wrote:
Maybe then he wouldn’t have to do the unthinkable.
Okay I don't know why but I find that last sentence a little bit scary!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OMG if this doesn't work ... what has the evil dictator in mind for his countrymen? :?

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with this new weapon of his? I wonder what his evil mind has come up with now.

As usual Paper an amazing update. I love how you get inside his evil mind!!!! Again excellent descriptive prose!!! LOVE IT!!!

JAN
Hi, Jan. I’ll NEVER tell! 8)
Oh, O.K. You twisted my arm! I’ll give you a hint. He’s a big meanie and he’s gonna (whisper, whisper, whisper). Shhhhhh. Don’t let anyone know. OK? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Your feedback never fails to give me a thrill! But let’s forget about the war for awhile and have a little fun instead. All work and no play makes Kavar a dull dictator. :mrgreen:
ken_r: I have a close friend who is related to a terrible dictator. She only tells her close friends about this and hides it from most people she meets.
Mum’s the word. :mrgreen:
Kivar thinks of his own pleasures too much. I don't think he puts enough energy into his kingdom to keep it long. one of his generals will run away with a busty red-head who has listened to Kivar's mumblings. she will know too much. she and the general will take it away from him ken r
Ken! Have you been looking over my shoulder? :shock:
This is a lovely scenario, but you will have to write it yourself because it ain’t gonna happen in my Antarian flight of fancy.
Remember, I have to follow Cannon. The turtle and the rabbit are rounding the first bend. :arrow:

27 - A Rose by Any Other Name

After a long day in Court, Khivar decides to get out of the palace and have some fun. Perhaps he will cause a little mischief. He has his Adjutant summon the Royal Guard, then boards his transport and takes off for the largest city on the planet.

He’s dressed to the nines in a smart black suit and a royal purple shirt with a striped tie. ‘I look gooooooooood!’ He thinks modestly. He will find a lovely lady to enjoy with dinner, then it’s off to his favorite club in the heart of his namesake city.

People often referred to this bustling rambunctious city with the pronoun “she”.

Kavaria.

It is the economic hub of the planet. The most prosperous civilian shops and factories are all located close to the epicenter which fortunately escaped the most intense destruction of the War of Redemption (P.R. Ref. 3684 ). Rebuilding the large metropolis to its former glory was given a top priority during reconstruction. There are now theatres, restaurants, and sporting arenas located throughout.

The city is older than dirt and is named to honor the current ruler.

He’d changed the name from Zanaria when Zan’s lime-colored blood was still fresh on the floor.

The City of Kavaria did not suffer the deprivations that most other war-torn cities bore as a result of years of conflict. Being the central supply hub for Khivar’s Military stockpiles, the city enjoys relative wealth. Entertainment establishments flourished to service the decadent lifestyle of the local officials and fat-fhe industrialists who populated the busy metropolis.

As the transport approaches the city limits, Kavar growls with displeasure.

A large sign welcoming newcomers into the city was the object of his current disposition. He had always loathed his first name. The initial cause came early in his browbeaten youth with repeated mocking references by two unholy brats lording it over him as they jokingly suggested he should use the “servant’s entrance” because the prior meaning of the word “kavar” was “back door”.

He bristles in distaste. Now that he’s changed the meaning in the official scrolls, no one would DARE use that antiquated denotation against him again. So, prior injury is no longer his overriding issue.

Because on top of that horrendous indignity, he also hates the moniker because he thinks it sounds too feminine.
Too much like the detested “Avaria”. The name of the womyn his enemy had chosen in a pathetic attempt to unify the alliance.

Sero’s only daughter.

What a joke.

She was an evil twisted soul wrapped up in a beautiful flaming inferno. She was born and raised in the glow of Zinder, the closest planet to their luminous sun and the smallest of the five. There were few that could stand against the mindwarps and fiery blazes she deftly knew how to wield to her advantage. He just happened to be one of them.

Too bad the wanna-be-queen was absolutely NO help to the hapless Zan.

The sudden and unexpected death of Zan’s father gave Kavar his chance to seize what he wanted. The people were easy to manipulate during the transition from one regime to the next and he’d lined up his pawns well in advance. Fortunately, there was no shortage of malcontents who wanted a share of the pie. The takeover worked like a well oiled machine.

It was almost TOO easy.

And while the duplicitous wench may not have gone supernova on the unsuspecting bridegroom, Avaria certainly played HER part to perfection.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.27 12/27/08

Post by paper »

Welcome, Readers!
The photograph of the Tove look-alike linked in this section was taken by S. Tong. Again, I have no connection to this photographer or this Tennis player who looks so similar to Tove. To set the club mood I have included a link to get down to this song on YouTube. Just use your back arrow to return here in both cases. :arrow:
ken_r: the above is all in the story of a dictator. definitions are after all only words on paper. they can be changed. ken r
Thanks for your feedback, Ken! The pen IS mightier than the sword, right? Except when someone is waving one at you! And history is written by those who control the press.
Janetfl: Okay so I wonder if any of those people who originally sided with Khivar are still alive ..?
When Khivar cleaned his closets, Tove was the only one of his inner circle to survive. :shock: As mentioned, Tove was the one who took them out. It pays to be number two. :twisted: :twisted:
By the way paper I love the picture you have in your siggie now. Although you don't need pictures when your descriptive powers are so good ... I take it you took this picture yourself ....?
I wish! I’d love to visit this charming wonderland! But it’s kind of cold there.
I try to match my siggie to the story. I’m so glad you like it. I call it “Painting the Town Green”. :mrgreen:
Anyway as always I loved your update ... another sight into the evil mind that is Khivar. I loved the fact that he was one of the people who couldn't be affected by Ava's mind warp and fire power abilities ... I look forward to reading what you have in store for us next!!!!!
Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate your kind comments! :D

I Don't Feel Like Dancing

So I'll play along when I hear that special song
I'm gonna be the one that gets it right
You'd better move when you're swinging 'round the room
Looks like the magic's only ours tonight.

But I don't feel like dancin' when the old Joanna plays
My heart could take a chance but my two feet can't find a way
You think that I could muster up a little soft shoe gentle sway
But I don't feel like dancin' no sir, no dancin' today.

I don't feel like dancin', dancin'
Even if I find nothin' better to do
I don't feel like dancin', dancin'
Why'd you pick a tune when I'm not in the mood?
Don't feel like dancin', dancin'
I'd rather be home with no one when i can't get down with you-oo-oooo.

Scissor Sisters album “Ta Dah” 2006

28 - An Assignation or Two

Khivar chose an elegantly attired grey-eyed companion from the first Tavern he visited, then the couple flirted in the Transport as they made their way to his favorite restaurant, “The Zone”.

They were seated immediately. Sumptuous food and beverages appeared in front of them as if the food had already been ordered. It was a feast fit for an Emperor. He and his companion ate their fill of the haute cuisine as they participated in pleasant conversation. Kavar always considered himself a fine conversationalist and he kept his lovely companion entertained with witty repartee.

Some of the local dignitaries stopped at their table after they had supped, to make small talk. It was always unavoidable.

Khivar was used to being the center of the Universe. Everything revolved around what he was doing and thinking.

His lovely blonde trinket wore a tight-fitting blood-green gown which looked like it was made of spun-sugar and painted on to her curvaceous body. Her long hair swept over soft bare shoulders and was adorned with various bejeweled combs. Smoky eyes and ruby lips completed the enticing picture. When she returned from the ladies room, he took her dancing in the atrium.

Her name was Joovee. She was the daughter of a minor official in his administration. He had spoken with her many times when he visited the popular Tavern on the red, but this is the first time he chose her to accompany him. She was soft-spoken and agreeable.

He had a large settee in his Royal Transport which they would make use of, when the dance ended.

+ + + + +

While Joovee pleasured Khivar in the Transport vehicle, his driver navigated to the next location on the agenda. The Royal Guard proceeded in advance, which tied up the traffic for blocks. Noisy honking flooded the travel lanes, but Khivar heard none of it as he enjoyed his dessert in his cozy sound-proofed compartment.

When they arrived at the club he chose for this excursion, he left the lovely lady in the vehicle while he and his entourage entered the smoky hall where pulsating music reverberated through the air and colored strobes flashed to highlight the beat. He would make new selections from the multitude of scantily clad, gyrating bodies that filled the dance floor.

He sometimes wishes his friend Tove could join him on these excursions. Tove was quite the looker in his heyday. But the vagaries of battle have wreaked their destruction on Tove. Battle scars can only be healed so many times before it doesn’t work anymore. And he had some beauts. Kavar doesn’t bring him along anymore because his current face would scare the ladies.

It doesn’t hurt for keeping the men in line though.

Khivar sat at his regular table and was promptly served with a mouth-watering concoction to wet his whistle. This club was famous for its unusual cocktails.

His two bodyguards sat at the same table, with only a chair in between each of them and the Emperor, which would shortly be occupied by the wymyn he fancied this evening.
Last edited by paper on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.29 12/29/08

Post by paper »

Welcome readers!
ken_r: If you use photoshop let me know and i will show you how to make scars on your soldier. It is said that the sword is the weapon of the gentry but for war it is necessary to stoop to the commoner's level and use weapons of mass destruction.
Hi Ken! Thanks for your feedback! And thanks so much for the lovely rendering of Tove as he appears today. :D :D :D
I will be showing it later in the story!
I could have tried using the sticker feature to make lightning scar?
But yours is sss…sss…ssooo-oooo scary that I almost wet myself when I saw it!
Here you show him showing his prowess but wait. The ladies do not have a choice. This is truly shooting fish in a small barrel. He acts like his selection has free will, but to insult the Emperor can be a death sentence.
His point of view is kinda myopic. Others may see things vastly different from the way the Emperor perceives reality. :shock: :shock: :shock:
His prejudice precedes his arrogance. In many ways, he lives in a fantasy world. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Funny that you should mention “fish in a barrel”. Are you reading my mind? :shock: Although . . . I don’t have a barrel . . . and there aren’t any fish. The concept is the same though. It’s the thought that counts, right? :twisted: Watch out when we visit “TheWabe”.
Janetfl: Hi Paper, … now that you have provided a picture of Khivar I can't see it as totally disgusting anymore ... okay so David Beckham doesn't do much for me ... but the picture I had in my mind of Khivar was a lot worse than that!!!
He has to look good if he’s going to capture the heart of a certain Earthling later in the story. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(Smoky eyes and ruby lips completed the enticing picture.)
See now that's what I'm talking about when I compliment your descriptions!!!! Fantastic I've got a picture of her in my head!!!!
Flattery will get you more flamboyant updates! :twisted:
Wow if Tove looked like that now I would be the first in line to sample his offerings!!!
Ah but then you torture me my putting this after it … (scarface)... and then I think .... nah don't think I want a piece of that!!!
Good thing you didn’t SEE the Tove that Ken altered. It was crazy mad gruesome. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Awesome update as usual Paper. I love it!!! JAN
P.S. I love your sense of humour Paper!!! I love all the feed back you leave!!!!
Thank you! I am sooooooo honored that you like my daily serial! I hope I can keep you entertained.
And thanks for the idea to research his powers. It proved invaluable!
Your feedback always makes my day! :D :D :D

Did anyone like the song? Every time that comes on the radio, I NEED to start dancing. :shock:
The girl can’t help it!
Today we are still enjoying the club scene. I do hope everyone gets a chance to dance with Kavar! :mrgreen:

29 - An Altercation

As he made small talk with two lovely ladies at the club, a disturbance sounded in the kitchen area. There was loud yelling and a raucous crashing noise as if a large amount of dishes had been shattered.

Khivar paid it no heed.

There were often attempts on his life as his enemies infiltrated his surroundings. But his accompanying Military Contingent always included one or two Seers and at least two Changzlings who blended into the woodwork and kept an eye out for anything amiss. The Changzlings were mentally-encoded to do his bidding. They would present their own danger otherwise.

The Royal Guard has never failed in their duty to protect him from rebels and miscreants.

And even if they did, Khivar’s senses were honed to the degree that he could sense danger coming at him in time to react in all kinds of ways.

He had an unwavering shield, powerful energy spikes, and even a small degree of self-healing powers. While his retro-cognition has historically proved more beneficial in political intrigues than power plays, he also has the use of the power of mental persuasion to influence weak-minded foes to do his bidding. He’s too smart to let anyone get the drop on him.

As the disturbance got louder, Khivar decided to amuse himself with a dance while his guards cleaned up any untidy problems.

He was no slouch when it came to dancing, having learned how to “cut a rug” at a young age. Living at the Palace as the son of a minor Official, Khivar and his sister were always expected to attend the various Royal Balls and Official Functions held there.
While Serena preferred to hide herself away in the library, Khivar used the parties to network with the local power brokers and surreptitiously practice his mind-control on the unfortunate drunks that crossed his path.

He took particular delight in getting a patsy to make rude faces and gestures at the two juvenile ninnies trying to charm the girls at the head table. The drunks took all the heat and he got the satisfaction of a laugh at the expense of his tormentors.

To this day, he still burns with anger at the way THEY treated HIM.

Every time they said his name, it sounded like an insult. “Boys will be boys,” his Nanny would tell him, “Don’t let it bother you.”

It was just the excuse he needed to get back at them without remorse. He latched onto it with a vengeance.

It became his motto: Boys will be boys.

When he wasn’t trying to get even with his adversaries, he would employ his mental skill at influencing the susceptible chaperones to try to snag a dance with the beautiful Vilandra, after he finally managed to maneuver past her other suitors, armed with their high-mucky-muck titles and bloodlines.

Now, he strut his stuff while his two lovely companions danced around him. It was a great way to unwind. He could boast that he had even started one or two new dance crazes in his time. Of course, he leaves it to others to sing his praises. There certainly is enough of that.

As the night wore on, Khivar grew tired of the festivities. He was sweaty and his suit was soiled. And he had had enough “fun” in the back of his carriage to last a normal Antarian for days. How many times can you boink all of these sluts before it gets tedious?

And he’d certainly had enough to drink. He was soused. Whenever he came to the clubs he would “tie one on”. The loud music and pounding rhythms were now causing his head to spin. He raised his hand and wiped his headache out of existence.

He wouldn’t need his morning swim after all this vigorous dancing.

He chose a fresh energetic young dish to accompany him back to the Palace and they both climbed into the unsullied Transport Carriage that had been delivered earlier.

It was a tired Emperor that made his way to his bed chamber in the wee hours of the morning. Good thing Antarians only needed a few hours of sleep each night.

Maybe he would give this beauty a spin in the morning since he had the extra half-hour his swim usually required.
Last edited by paper on Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

paper
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Rumors of Reincarnation (CC, Khivar/Mature) Pt.30 12/30/08

Post by paper »

Welcome Readers!
It's a ghost town here because Shiri's show is on USA right now! It started at 7 P.M.
Janetfl: Hi Paper,
OMG that last line just killed me 'boink'!! Okay I know I have a warped sense of humour but that was funny!!!

OMG I seriously need to borrow this power over Christmas and New Years!!! I've already had two hangovers from hell!!! I know it's going to get worse!!!

Okay so I know Khivar is really powerful and has lots of power behind him ... but that kind of arrogance can get you killed!!!

Loved it again Paper ... can't wait for more!!! JAN
OMB! I live for your feedback! You are so good for my ego. I hope I can continue to keep you in stitches! Unfortunately, this part is kind of a downer. :cry: :twisted:
ken_r: self doubt is the greatest gift anyone can have. A despot can't afford to have this so he never has to check the results of his actions.
O.K. Seriously, I’m hiding my notes from now on! You always seem to know what is coming next, Ken! You’ve been a writer so long that you must be picking up all the clues. I need to include a little more chaos to throw you off the track!
I thought of you while i was watching a story about the rise of Napoleon on A&E. doing anything unbridled can never lead to greatness. ken r
Should I be worried? :wink: :mrgreen:
jake17: paper this is just seriously fantastic...

I really love how you've given us an peak into his twisted life..

Your descriptions are just amazing...

love this! Carrie
You are far too kind! Thank you so much! I’m so glad you like my little romp. :D :D :D

I want to share my joy and give everyone a glimpse into what is happening on Earth now. :twisted: So hold on to your seats . . .

30 - The Morning After

Khivar was livid.

He’d woken up in a bad mood with another pounding headache, then his bed-mate had the audacity to complain that she had received no satisfaction.

He gave her what for!!!

That’s the last time ANYONE would hear that biotch complain!

He slurps the traditional “Hair of the Gauth” concoction waiting on his table each morning after a night on the town. The liquid burns in his throat and makes the hair on his arms stand on end.

He wonders if he should stick to his harem for awhile. Just till things cool off a bit. All this stress can’t be good for the ol’ ticker.

Then, before he’s even had time to taste his first morsel of the delicious breakfast spread out in front of him, he had been contacted by General Nicholas with more bad news. It seems the feckless General has finally located and infiltrated the circle of the Royal Four in an out-of-the-way place called new “York”. One would think he’d be ecstatic at the find!

Unfortunately, the Vilandra model in this set has apparently been ruined in the cloning process.

‘I guess Serena was right. The dupe is a dud.’

‘Lucky guess.’

According to Nicholas, the ghastly reproduction is rough and course, having grown up in a sewer, of all places. He grimaces at the sour taste in his mouth, then shudders in revulsion. The royal rejects were living like raths in the filth and disease filtered off by the foul humans. The four are like wild dogs that run amuck in the streets and live like savages.

It is a wonder the loathsome humans haven’t finished them off by now.

Except that Nicholas claims that the four good-for-nothing rejects are deceptively devious and VERY powerful. Their horrendous lifestyle could be nothing more than a conniving fabrication. A ruse to fool his operatives and give themselves the upper hand.

And if they have the Granolith, Nicholas says they have hidden it all too well.

More likely, it is with the other set, which he is hoping is more refined. It would be far too sad to imagine that his lovely Princess has been lost to him without recourse. Other wymyn pale in comparison to the memories of his first infatuation that he believes can only be replicated by the Vilandra clone which has not yet been located.

General Nicholas does not want to destroy the first set immediately in case it tips off the other set of four he hasn’t found yet.
So he is biding his time in an obscure mountainous retreat some distance from the prey called “Copper Summit” while his troops scour the globe looking for the real set of clones, and Nicholas shuttles back and forth ingratiating himself with the clueless kiddies in new “York” whose protector, the money-grubbing changzling Kallangle (pronounced “Kal Langley”), has flown the coop.
Khivar is confident that it will all be resolved soon.

Getting the Granolith from these worthless clones will be like taking jamja from a poddling.