Roswell DVD's to be re-released.

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Roswell DVD's to be re-released.

Post by nibbles2 »

Fox has announced that it will be re-releasing all three seasons of Roswell on DVD on April 29th.

It doesn't sound like they have any new features, nothing's mentioned. But they do have new packaging, featuring Isabel front and center on all three box sets. And just in case we missed that, there's a sticker on the front to let us know it stars 'Emmy award winner Katherine Heigl'.

Emilie De Raven features on the front of the second season box set too, to attract the attention of the Lost fans no doubt. Criminally neither Liz or Maria makes the second season cover. There's no Alex, Kyle or Jesse either. I'm not surprised about the lack of Maria, it's not the first time. But no Liz!!!! No Liz?????

I guess it's a good thing if it brings new fans to the show. But it feels a little cheap.

check it out here
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Roswell DVD's to be re-released.

Post by girl afraid »

There's going to be a lot of WTF moments when all those new Katherine Heigl fans watch the DVDs to find that her screentime doesn't match her positioning on the packaging. :lol:
it's better to rise than fade away.
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

It certainly makes Isabel look like the star of the show, so if anybody buys them in the hope of seeing a lot of Katherine, they're going to be very disappointed. But hopefully they'll be swept away by the magic of the show and won't miss her.
Banner by Evelyn
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

tequathisy wrote:But hopefully they'll be swept away by the magic of the show and won't miss her.
Ditto.

...Is it sad that I'm kind of excited anyway? lol.
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

As much as I love Katherine Heigl, I hate when marketers pull this kind of stunt because an actor has gained popularity over the years, as it's misleading. Similar to false advertising to me. Though I do hope that if it does receive excellent sales that at least, like tequathisy said, that they appreciate the magic of the show and appreciate all the characters for who they are (whether they like or dislike them).

Also, did anyone notice the re-release is the seventh anniversary of Alex's death? Just me then? Rather morbid, if I do say so myself. Not that the persons who buy them who haven't seen the show would know that... OK, I'll go back to lurking then...
bigears
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by bigears »

I 'third' the motion by tequathisy and Raychelxluscious:
But hopefully they'll be swept away by the magic of the show...
I am a bit nervous that, if this new packaging campaign is a successful one to sell more DVD's, when the time comes to possibly make a movie, the focus will be on the Katherine and Emilie characters (hoping that they reprise their roles) in order to sell the movie and make the other character story lines secondary. Dreamer and Candy fans beware.

Who am I kidding, if it gets a movie made, I'll be ecstatic.

B~
You are not what you have been,
but you ARE the possility of what you can become.

And...because it's not over: http://roswellmovie.21.forumer.com/index.php
candylove3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by candylove3 »

honestly, I'm just excited despite having Katherin front and center. It seems that they just can't kill Roswell. As soon as the wb canceled it...UPN picked it up. Then shortly after it was canceled scifi picked it up for reruns...and as soon as scifi stops airing it...they rerelease the DVDs. I still faith for a movie!!~~!~!
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

it's just pathetic, stupid and (again) stupid!

Isabel is the least important (for the technical starring cast that you can see in the opening themes too) alien placed after Max and Michael.
The female lead character is Liz, the main characters are Liz&Max (the main love story that open and closed the show) and Max-Michael-Isabel (who're the alien family of the show)
for this reason most of the covers and posters had always Liz&Max with Michael and Isabel, it well represented what the show is about since they couldn't put all the characters (something that even into this version they didn't because they totally removed Alex and Kyle)

Isabel was in the front covers of the original ones too, no need to create a Heigl version of roswell >_< i'm disgusted

thank God Emily isn't the one who won the emmy! :lol: :lol:

i don't understand if after these versions are released we can still buy the old ones.

I bet that even the summaries and the DVDs menù are Isabel centered :roll:
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

Yeah, I agree. I loved Isabel, but she is DEFINITELY not what made me fall in love with this incredible show. Neither is Tess. So, I'm with all of you guys on this one. I'm happy for Katherine Heigl and Emilie De Ravin on their success, but their newfound popularity shouldn't take away from the real magic of Roswell and that was always Max and Liz.
Maxssoulmate
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Maxssoulmate »

I just found this on the web and came to post something about it, but someone beat me to it. lol, and pardon my french and i love kathrine heigl but this just pissed me off. She was a huge part of the show, yes, but she didn't make the show good all by herself and thats how their making it seem with these new box sets, and new fans:great, but how their going about it is cheap, petty and totally disregards all of the wonderful actors that were apart of the series as well. I think its rediculous and its not right just because someone from the series becomes famous later on it should not give them the right to come out with something saying "heres kathrine heigl who won an emmy go buy it now, now that shes a big star" and how they did that art work? On every single cover she in the very front and bigger than the rest. Sorry for some reason this whole thing just hit something within me, i dont know how to better explain it. I just see it as not being right because someone from the show made it big so now they are recognizing a show that they cancelled because someone from it made it big, its just not right.
"Okay, I'll be Christina for you. If you'll be Izzie for me."-George
"Deal."- Meredith
(George stops the Elevator abruptly)
"Derick had a woman in his trailer last night. She was ugly.Very Ugly. Except she was tall and beautiful and he was naked.
"McDreamy was doing the McNasty with McHottie. That McBastard!"