Inquiring Minds (AU/CC MATURE) [COMPLETE] 9-7

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kj4ever »

Oh thank you for the fb everyone! I really appreciate it!

Here's just a small chapter. I find it is a lot harder to write when you are flying by the seat of your pants, and I am still getting my ideas together on where I want this to go, so please be patient with me!

Chapter 11 A

Isabel was walking down the hallway with Liz towards her last class. "So I'll see you after your shift tonight?" she asked.

"Definitely. I'm off at 7 and Maria's coming over too so we can plan tomorrow night properly. My parents left this morning for their trip, so we'll have the whole apartment to ourselves," Liz said.

"Great!" Isabel smiled.

Max walked up next to Isabel. "What's great?" he asked.

"Oh, nothing," Isabel said. "We are just going to do some planning tonight for tomorrow."

"Oh ok," Max said. "You are coming home after school though, right? I kind of need to talk to you about something."

"Yeah, I'll be there," Isabel said.

"Great, well bye Isabel, bye Liz," Max said and hurried off.

"What do you think that was about?" Liz questioned.

"I would guess that the boys are about to come clean, which means I probably should too," Isabel said.

"Good," Liz said. "I think it will be better for everyone involved.

"I hope you're right," Isabel said.

"And he totally was freaking out but trying to not act like he was freaking out but I'm telling you guys, Michael was totally freaking out when I recognized that symbol, and even more so when I drew the others," Maria said.

Maria and Alex were at the counter at the Crashdown, sipping on sodas while Liz worked. It was a slow day, and Liz was there more to supervise then to waitress, so she had time to talk to her friends.

"Did they ever advertise with these symbols?" Alex asked. "Because if they did, maybe it's just something he subconsciously remembers."

"No, I don't think so," Maria said. "It wasn't open long, and a lot of people didn't know about it. One of the AA members in my Mom's group told her about it because she knew her, know she was 'into' that kind of stuff...They didn't just announce it to everyone."

"Did it work?" Liz asked.

"What do you mean?" Maria asked.

"Well, it was supposed to be this place of healing, a place that helped you cast aside your demons. Did it work for your Mom?" Liz asked curiously.

Maria thought about this. "Well, after the uhh incident she never drank again. She was struggling and it seemed really hard for her not to drink, but after she went there it did seem easier."

"What exactly did they do there?" Liz questioned.

"Well, it was only 3 or 4 people. We walked for what seemed like forever, and we came to this cave. It had all those strange symbols on the wall, and it was really dark. They had a few torches burning, and they handed out these stone things. I didn't get one, but all the people needing healing and Eddie our guide had one. He insisted that everyone shut there eyes and concentrate on getting better." Maria said.

"What happened then?" Alex asked.

"Well I shut my eyes too because he said if any one's eyes were open that it wouldn't work. For a second I swear there was a glow, but I can't be sure of it. My Mom swears she was transported to another plane of existence and saw the reason for her demons, but you know how my Mom is," Maria said with a wave of the hand.

"And it was easier after that? I mean it was easier for her not to drink?" Liz asked.

"It seemed like it was," Maria said, thinking rapidly. "In fact, after that she really got her life together. She quit working at the bar, opened her store. She really seemed like she had a new lease on life."

"So maybe the cave drawing and the stones were really alien," Liz said. "I mean, we know that Max can heal, so maybe other things from their world have healing properties. Do people still go there Maria?"

"Oh no. This old dude Riverdog shut the whole thing down. In fact, he showed up as we were walking out and had a really heated argument with Eddie." Maria said. "I didn't really pay attention, but I think that he had been gone for awhile and the whole healing walks were Eddie's idea. He was really mad, that's for sure. My Mom later talked about what a shame it was, that they wouldn't be doing the healing walks anymore. I guess Riverdog shut down the operation."

"Well if these stones were alien, and lets just assume they did glow, if someone witnessed that then they might not keep it to their self, new age-y or not," Liz said. "If you were an alien, or knew of aliens and were protecting them, you sure wouldn't want people stumbling on that."

"So maybe Riverdog is an alien, or knows other aliens, like whoever left that handprint in that picture Liz saw," Alex said, finishing Liz's train of thought.

"We so need to go back there," Maria said.

TBC
Find all the links to my fics in one place:

My Author's Page

New Fic!

Little Girl Lost in the alternative universe w/aliens forum!

Check out my website! http://kel.uppercaseliving.net
kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kj4ever »

Thanks for the FB!

Chapter 11B

Isabel walked in her bedroom and set her books down on her desk. She could hear Michael and Max murmuring in Max's room next door, and she wished for once she had Michael's generous hearing.

Isabel really didn't know if they were on to her, or if they had just decided to come clean with her. It made her furious to think that they would keep something like using their powers around humans a secret from her, but then she thought about how mad they were going to be when they found out she had known for days that humans knew of their existence and hadn't said a word.

Whatever they were about to tell her, she already had decided to keep an open mind and listen to their reasons. She took a deep breath and went to Max's room. After thinking twice about it, she knocked instead of using her powers like she normally did. Maybe Alex was right, they were getting way to careless.

Max opened the door in surprise. "Well that was different," he said as Isabel walked in the room.

"Well I just think that maybe we are getting to careless about using our powers, so I'm trying not to use them as much," Isabel said.

"What do you mean by that?" Michael asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Nothing, just that we should be more careful is all," Isabel said. "I believe you two were the ones that wanted to talk to me? What's up?"

Isabel sat there and half listened to the things she already knew. Max had healed Liz numerous times over the course of their life. Michael saved Maria from a horrible fate, gave people who were mean to her rashes, and generally used his powers to protect her.

Max had finished his story about the Crashdown shooting, and he was now confessing that Michael and him had been practicing their powers. This perked Isabel's interest as she did not know this information.

"What do you mean, practicing your powers? Could anyone see you? How could you be sure no one was around?" Isabel exclaimed.

This threw both Max and Michael for a loop. They had both just openly admitted to using their powers in front of humans, and all she was getting upset about was them practicing their powers at an old quarry?

"No Isabel, no one was around. I can sense if people are around, and they weren't. We aren't stupid," Michael said exasperated.

"Isabel, aren't you going to say anything? Anything about what we have been doing over the years?" Max asked curiously.

Isabel stood up. "Yes, I am going to say something. I am incredibly proud of both of you for what you did to help Liz and Maria, and even though I'm a little hurt you hid if from me, I'll get over it."

Max went over and put his arm around Isabel. "We only kept it from you because we wanted to see if they knew anything or not. I didn't see the point in telling you if it was nothing, making you worry for no reason."

"Max," Isabel said, stepping out of her brother's embrace, "I am not a child that needs protecting. From here on out we need to be honest with each other about everything, which is why it is now my turn to confess."

"Confess what?" Michael asked skeptically. Yes, he thought Isabel was hiding something, like maybe she knew about Max's attachment to Liz or his ...whatever... with Maria.

"Your suspicions, that Liz and Maria know about us, well they are true," Isabel spat out. Both of her brothers stared on at her in shock and she continued. "I dream walked Liz, because I felt you guys were hiding something from me, and I found out that she has known for quite awhile."

"I told you she was to smart to let it go Maxwell," Michael said angrily.

Isabel held her hand up. "Just hold on a minute Michael before you go all postal. They aren't going to say anything," she said as she explained how Liz, Maria, and Alex had come to the conclusion that they were aliens.

"This is bad, this is really bad," Michael said, pacing back and forth. "We are exposed. We gotta get out of here."

"Just hold on a minute Michael," Max said. "Don't you think if they were going to tell they would have by now? And what about the drawing? Maria is the only one who knows where that cave is."

"What drawing?" Isabel asked, confused. Max filled her in while Michael paced the floor. When Max was finished, Michael pulled the folded piece of paper with the symbols out of his pocket and showed it to Isabel.

Isabel stared at the paper in shock. "It's like I know these, like it's on the tip of my tongue but I just can't reach the memory associated with it."

Max sighed. "It's like that for us too, and Maria is the only one that might be able to find the cave."

"This is getting serious. We need to go there right away," Michael said, who was still pacing the floor.

"Michael, it could be dangerous. We don't know what could be there. What if the fourth alien drew that?" Isabel asked.

"What fourth alien?" Max and Michael asked in unison.

Isabel quickly explained the picture Kyle had shown her.

"Alright, here is what we are going to do. Maria is going to take us to that cave, and then Liz is going to bust into that office with us and show us that picture," Michael said.

"Michael, we don't need to involve them," Max said. "It could be dangerous."

"They involved their self when your little girlfriend decided to make you her 7th grade science project," Michael barked.

Max opened his mouth to defend Liz, but Isabel beat him to the punch. "Wait just a minute!" she exclaimed. Liz did not just study Max like he was some kind of thing. She was confused about what was happening to her, and was just looking for an explanation. I think there might be more to it then that, but I haven't told Liz yet."

"What do you mean?" Max asked.

Isabel thought for a minute so that she could choose her words carefully. She knew what she was about to say very well could devastate her brother.

"Max, I think she's different, different like us now," Isabel said.

Max visibly paled. "What...what do you mean by that?"

"Well, you know how I get feelings from people? You and Michael, it's just different. I can tell you are different, and since I dream walked Liz, and have spent time with her, she is different too. It's not as much of a difference as you two, but there is a difference. I think healing her has changed her maybe, made her more like us. It's the only reason I can think of why I could interact so much with her in the dream. The only people I've ever been able to do that with was you guys, and that was just for you to tell me to get out."

"Oh God," Max said, putting his head in his hands. "What have I done?"

"We don't know for sure if you've done anything," Michael said as he finally stopped pacing. "You can't beat yourself up for protecting someone you car about."

Max nodded, processing Michael's words.

"What we really should be doing is seeing this Riverdog person. We need to go out there," Michael said.

"Michael, what if he IS the fourth alien, who is a potential killer. We can't go there," Max said. "Not yet anyway."

"Look, you don't want to involve Liz and Maria, fine, but I am not going to just let this go Maxwell. It's the only real lead we have ever had and I'm not going to let the trail go cold," Michael said.

"I think we should let them decide," Isabel said. "They know about us, they have expressed an interest in helping us, so I think we should let them decide. Either they are in or they are out."

"Sounds fair," Max said not liking the idea but realizing Isabel was right.

"So if they agree, what do we do?" Michael asked Max.

"I agree that we can't just ignore it, but we can't just walk into the reservation and ask to see the alien wall," Max said.

"Maria said it was a cave. The reservation is next to a forest preserve," Michael said. "I bet the caves are right next to it."

"My Dad has a map, let's check it out," Max said as they left the room.

Isabel followed and was struck by how well they could work together. Max and Michael had always had a complicated relationship because they were so different. Max was careful and thoughtful while Michael was impulsive and explosive.

It had never occurred to Isabel until she saw them working on the map together that they complimented each other perfectly. Max made Michael slow down while Michael made Max speed up, causing them to land somewhere in the middle, and it just felt right.

"Here," Michael said, pointing to a cluster of caves on the map. "It is far enough away to take a long time to walk to like Maria said. The others are to close."

"So what do you think we should do? Just go out there and try and find it?" Max asked sincerely.

"I have an idea," Isabel said. "I can't believe I'm even suggesting this, but if Liz, Maria, and Alex decide they are in, why don't we go to Fraiser Woods after school tomorrow. We can bring camping stuff so that if anyone sees us it'll be like we are just a group of kids camping in the woods. Mom and Dad think I'm staying at Liz's and her parents are out of town. You can say your staying at Michael's, so if we really do need to camp we can."

"That's actually not a bad plan Isabel," Michael said, impressed.

"So we need to talk to the others then," Max said, suddenly feeling nervous. So much had happened, so much had been learned that he really hadn't had time to process the fact that Liz knew all about his alien status.

"Let's go then," Isabel said.

"What, like now?" Michael said, making it obvious that Max wasn't the only one nervous.

"No time like the present, and Liz's parents are already gone so it'll be safe," she said.

'This ought to be really interesting,' Isabel thought as they all piled in Max's jeep to head to the Crashdown Cafe.

My Author's Page

New Fic!

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kj4ever »

Thanks for the FB! Here's half a chapter for you all. I'm trying to decide just how far I want to take this one. My options are after this chapter things can start to take the course of the show, or I can continue and change it in my own way. The problem with that is there won't be frequent updates, and it may take me awhile to finish it. I'd probably only be able to update once a month.

Chapter 12A

Max's mind was racing as he drove to the Crashdown. Humans knew they were aliens. The one thing he had spent his whole life trying to hide was figured out by people his own age.

He knew there was a lot to discuss with Isabel. It was incredibly dangerous for her to keep this to herself, to not tell him and Michael. Just as his anger would start to get the better of him that little voice in the back of his mind would remind him that healing Liz all those times is what brought about their discovery.

All his life Max had been so afraid of anyone finding out, even his own parents. He had been taught that aliens were these vile creatures, creatures that were exterminated by the government if they had indeed landed on Earth. Max knew that they had, and didn't need to guess what happened to them, considering Isabel, Michael and himself had been left all alone.

Were those images they had been bombarded with their whole lives, the tiny bodies with the big head an emotionless eyes, were those images what they really looked like? Was that what he really looked like? If it was true, why did they look human? Would they be taken away one day to live on a planet where everyone looked so very different? Would he wake up one day looking like that?

Max wasn't naive, and he knew that he and his alien counter parts had pleasing human looks. If it wasn't for the fact that he needed to stay in the background, Max could probably give Kyle a run for his money in the popularity department. He really wasn't shy, or weird like many people thought, and sometimes the feeling like he should be standing out, leading, almost overwhelmed him.

Then there was the fact that Liz, Liz knew. Liz had known this last week and hadn't treated him any differently. She didn't act afraid of him, she didn't ignore him. He had always thought Liz would fear him if she knew, and now he had to deal with the fact that he was wrong.

The really crazy thing was he didn't know if he was excited or scared to death about this fact.

The three aliens drew in a collective breath as Isabel opened up the doors to the Crashdown and stepped inside.

"Hey Isabel!" Maria said while she filled salt shakers line up on the counter after catching a brief glance of Isabel walking in the door. "Liz said to head on up, I'm just finishing the side work around.........." she stopped talking and the salt shaker overflowed as she noticed Max and Michael were with her.

"Here," she finished up feebly, giving them all a weak smile. "Shoot!" she exclaimed as she noticed the salt pouring all over the counter. She started to clean up as she pointed towards the back. Isabel said thanks and they headed for the apartment upstairs.

As soon as they went through the swinging doors, Maria grabbed her cell phone. She ran to the bathroom and called Alex. "Alex, Alex, you have to get over here right away!" Maria exclaimed to his voice mail. "We are talking ground zero time, and all aliens have landed!"

She hung up the phone, and left the bathroom. She smoothed her shirt, gathered her composure, and headed up the stairs, ready to face the music.

As she opened the door to the apartment she saw all of them minus Michael sitting around Liz's living room. Curious as to where he was, she didn't see him as she bumped into him, as he was obviously coming down the hall from the bathroom.

"Oh sorry. Oh hey Michael, what's up?" Maria asked.

"Save the innocent small talk Maria, we know you know," Michael said as he stalked into the living room.

"Rude much?" Maria asked sarcastically as she followed him.

They both sat down and everyone felt a bit awkward, not knowing quite how to start, what to say.

"Maybe we should call Alex," Liz said, "he's part of this too. That way we won't have to explain everything to him again."

Maria dismissed the thought with the wave of her hand. "Oh I called a left a message for him. He had just left the Crash, so hopefully he'll get it before he gets home. You know how he is, not answering his phone while he's driving because it's dangerous," she said as Michael rolled his eyes.

Liz nodded as they all stared straight ahead. She decided to break the silence. "I can only imagine how strange it must be for you guys," she said looking at Michael, then at Max. "I just hope you realize that we can be trusted, that we are not freaked out by this...information we have."

Max was just about to say thanks when the front door flew open and a bat wielding Alex came flying into the apartment. He skidded to a stop in the middle of the living room, glancing from one astounded face to the next.

He bent down and sat the bat on the floor, and slowly headed over to a chair and sat down. "Sorry, I thought it was the big invasion. I forgot to use the Maria filter," he explained as Liz put her head in her hands.

So much for not freaking out.

My Author's Page

New Fic!

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Inquiring Minds M/M, A/I, M/L Mature Ch 12A 12-29

Post by kj4ever »

Thanks for all the FB!

Chapter 12B

"I'm really sorry..." Alex started to say, a blush creeping over his features. He knew this wasn't a good way to show that he was supportive of the aliens. "When Maria said all aliens had landed I figured that Liz, Maria, and Isabel might be in trouble."

Isabel's features softened slightly that he included her in his list of people to protect. She looked over at Michael who had the most peculiar expression on his face. She couldn't tell if he was about to explode, or.......laugh? Was Michael, the one she thought would freak out about this the most, about to laugh?

Michael just couldn't take it anymore as he tried to keep a straight face. How many times had he felt like an idiot after hearing one of Maria's little tirades before he realized that was just how she was? While thinking about this one particular situation he just lost it and burst out laughing.

Max looked at Michael curiously. He hadn't had time to process Alex's grand entrance, as he was still in shock that Liz knew about him and accepted it. Accepted it and was even, dare he hope, a little more bold with him this last week? He knew he had to get his mind wrapped around the Liz situation because there were serious things that needed to be discussed, and Michael's sudden outburst of laughter might be the first, because he might be having some kind of mental breakdown or something.

Michael realized that everyone was looking at him like he was some kind of alien (pun intended) and wiped at his eyes while trying to bring his laughter to a halt.

"I understand Alex, I had to live with it for years," Michael said.

"What do you mean, live with it for years?" Maria asked suspiciously.

"Well you aren't exactly quiet," Michael said. "You used to freak me out all the time until I realized you had a flare for the dramatic."

Maria crossed her arms in front of her chest. "And just how did I ever freak you out? You wouldn't ever even talk to me."

"Well one time that comes to mind must have been when we were around 11," Michael said, trying to keep a straight face. "You were outside and your Mom just kept telling you to accept it, and you kept saying that you quote Would not accept aliens taking over your body end quote. I was terrified at first that you knew about me, or that some kind of evil aliens were here. Then your Mom said something about how all girls have to start wearing a bra sometimes and......"

"That's enough, I think we get the point," Maria said, cutting him off.

"So yeah, I understand the Maria filter," Michael said as Alex looked relieved.

"Now that that's settled," Isabel said, "I'm guessing everyone here knows why we are all here."

Everyone nodded and Max spoke up. "Look, I know this is a really big secret to live with, and it's a lot of pressure. First I just want to say thank you for your support. I...I never dreamed that people could be so accepting of us. I always thought that if anyone found out we'd be sent straight to the Army."

Liz, Maria, and Alex all interjected some 'No way's' and "We'd never do that's'.

"I know, I know you wouldn't," Max said. "At least I know that now."

"We lead really dangerous lives," Isabel said. "And, and I know that you said you want to help us, and it seems like you have information that we ourselves have never been able to find..."

"My first instinct was to back away, so that you all wouldn't be in danger," Max said, "but I realize that needs to be your choice. To drop something this big in people's laps and then just tell them to go on about their life the way it was before is a bit absurd."

"You need to think very carefully about this," Michael said, mostly looking at Maria. "This isn't a game, it isn't some Nancy Drew quest. This is real, and this is dangerous. If people ever find out about one of us, it won't take them long to go to you if we are together a lot. The fact that you are all human won't deter them if they think you have information about us, information we won't, or can't give them."

Liz thought about what they had said and everything was so much more clear to her. It didn't take a big leap of faith to know that if the government started investigating them, they'd look into their family and friends, and the ones that were the closest to them would become targets. She wondered if that's why Michael put up with all those years with Hank, so that he wouldn't have a family they could come after. It also brought up the surprising realization that Michael was more worried about them then his alien status being uncovered.

Isabel's superficial friendships, seemingly jumping from one friend to another, that was probably just to keep people safe. And Max, how Max never really got close to anyone, kept to himself, Liz just knew all these things were to not involve any people in the chaos that was their life, that it was a way to keep the people around them safe.

All this did was set her resolve to help them. These people, these good people had been trying to shelter everyone their entire life, and it seemed like the price to be paid for that was a lonely existence. Liz was determined that they would no longer have to be quite so alone anymore.

"I understand what you are saying, about how dangerous it is, but I don't care. I'm in, I want to help. Friends don't turn their backs on each other just because things aren't ideal," Liz said with conviction.

Max nodded, biting his tongue. Every cell in his body was screaming out to protect her from all of this, to tell her to go live her life and not worry about them, but he knew it was her decision to make and that he was helpless to stop it.

"Same goes for me," Alex said. "I'm in."

Isabel smiled one of her heart breaking smiles at him, so glad that things were turning out this way. It may be selfish of her, but she desperately didn't want to be alone anymore.

All eyes turned to Maria, as she seemed lost in thought. Finally she broke the uncomfortable silence.

"If you think a little danger is going to keep me away, you have another thing coming Michael Guerin." she said as she turned to look him right in the eye. "After all you have done for me, with little regard for your own welfare, there is nothing I wouldn't do for you, nothing on this world or yours."

Surprised by the lump that had formed in his throat Michael swallowed hard and nodded in acceptance.

Alex, ever the observant one, sensed Michael's struggle with his emotions. "So what's the plan of attack? Where do we start?" he said, drawing the attention from Michael.

"We need to go to that cave Maria went to with her Mother, to see if we recognize it, or get flashes from anything," Max said as he explained how all three aliens found the symbols Maria had drawn in art class peculiarly familiar.

"What do you mean by flashes?" Liz asked.

"Sometimes, sometimes when our emotions are heightened we'll get impressions, or flashbacks to what went on with that object. It's like we know what happened in the past. We can't do it all the time, but it seems like it happens in really intense situations," Max explained.

"Does it, has it ever happened with people?" Liz asked, thinking about all the times Max had healed her.

"Yes," Max said quietly.

"Like you could read their mind?" Liz asked part of her quickly panicking.

"No, no nothing like that," Max said, sensing Liz's discomfort, and he really couldn't blame her. He had spent his entire life hiding things away in his mind, and could just imagine how frightening it would be to think someone could just pick those memories out of your head. It was a big part of the reason why Max felt so guilty after healing her arm. He found out things about Liz Parker that he shouldn't know.

"Did it ever happen when you healed me?" Liz asked.

"I..." Max said, trying desperately to find the right words. "Yes, when I healed your arm it happened.

Liz quickly thought back to seventh grade. That was when her major romantic crush had started with Max. "Oh God," Liz said, covering her blushing face with her hands.

"Would you all mind if Liz and I went somewhere and talked alone for a minute?" Max asked. They all mumbled an uncomfortable 'ok' and Max looked at Liz pleadingly.

Liz let out a deep breath and stood up, leading Max to her room. Max's mind was racing, thinking about how he could ease her embarrassment. As he was walking to her room he touched a desk and had a sudden flash.

"Liz," he said, stopping in the small hallway. "Who did this desk used to belong to?"

Liz looked at him quizzically. "It was my Uncle's, why?"

"Was he sick?" Max pressed.

Liz lowered her head. "Yes, he died from Leukemia when he was a teenager."

Max's hand flew to his mouth, suddenly realizing he had done much more then heal Liz's broken arm.

"Max? Max, what's wrong?" Liz asked, her embarrassment forgotten as she turned concerned eyes to Max.

"I...Just something else we need to talk about," Max said as Liz continued on to her room.

TBC

My Author's Page

New Fic!

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Inquiring Minds M/M, A/I, M/L Mature Ch 12B 01-06

Post by kj4ever »

Thanks for the FB everyone! I hope all you dreamers out there like this part!

Chapter 13

As Max followed Liz to her room his mind was racing. After Isabel had made the comment about how dream walking Liz was different, Max had begun to panic, and he quickly started researching different things, especially when bad breaks happened to the human bone. That was the most intensive healing he had ever done, and if he had somehow made Liz different, it had to of been then.

Now he almost wished he had stayed in Bio the other day when Miss Harding announced they would be studying the different cells between species. Max had thought quickly and doubled over, faking a stomach pain. He had went to the nurse, and by the time he returned at the very end of the period all the lab equipment had been put away and Liz had done the lab by pictures in the book. Max knew what his cells looked like, green and full of movement, but now, after all that had happened he wished he could see what Liz's cells looked like.

The flash he got from the desk and the fact that her Uncle had Leukemia tied all of Max's loose ends together, and he needed to make sure his hypothesis was true.

Liz opened the door to her bedroom and they both walked in. Max self consciously stuffed his hands in his pockets, taking a quick look around before looking at the ground, nervous that he was in Liz Parker's bedroom. If someone had told him two weeks ago that he would be standing in his dream girl's bedroom he would have had them locked up for insanity. Never in a million years would he had guessed this turn his life was taking, and it was both amazing and terrifying at the same time.

Liz walked over to her window and opened it. "Do you want to go out on my balcony? There are more seating options out there and it's really nice out tonight," she said, sensing Max's discomfort. Max said okay and the two proceeded out the window, and as Max sat down on a lawn chair Liz fluttered about, lighting candles and turning on lights.

It was beautiful out here, with all the candles and Christmas lights. Max had seen Liz out on this balcony late at night before, using her telescope next to the edge. This seemed like her private sanctuary, and he felt honored to be out there.

Liz sat down across from Max and faced him. She was so embarrassed because she was sure he knew how she felt about him now. At that time in her life she was so infatuated with him, and if he had seen her thoughts or feelings he had to know.

"Max, I'm pretty sure I know what you saw when you got those flashes from me, and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me, " Liz started to say, nervously brushing her hair behind her ear.

"Oh," Max said, crashing back to reality from his thoughts about bone marrow, Leukemia, and what he had done to Liz. "I'm not, I'm not uncomfortable around you."

He looked around nervously trying to find the words to explain to her, and Liz sighed. "You seem uncomfortable to me," she said in a hushed tone, giving him a shy smile that made his heart skip what seemed like a million beats.

"Liz I..." he said as he thought about how to put this. Max cleared his throat. "Liz, I didn't see anything that I wasn't feeling for you, except the feelings I had were a little more intense then yours," he admitted with a slight blush on his face.

"Oh..." Liz said, her own cheeks turning a little crimson.

"Well now we are both embarrassed," Max said with a small, sexy smile and the two of them broke out into tension relieving laughter.

After the laughter died down Max looked at Liz seriously. "I never meant to invade your privacy, something like that had never happened before."

Liz nodded. "I know, I know you wouldn't do something like that on purpose." She almost wanted to ask him about everything that he saw, but figured it was better to just let it go. Liz trusted him, and she knew he would never do something like that on purpose.

"Thank you Liz, you have no idea how much that means to me, and if you wouldn't feel to uncomfortable, I'd like to try to connect with you again," Max said.

"Why?" Liz asked.

Max sighed. He didn't want to tell her his suspicions until he was sure, and even then he didn't know if he wanted to tell her. The last thing in the world Max wanted was for Liz to feel like she owed him, but now there was no way around it. He needed to confirm what he thought had happened, and he also wanted to try and see if she was okay.

"We all have some of the same powers, like we can manipulate the molecular structure of things," Max said. When Liz looked confused, Max reached over and picked up a tall slender white candle. He blew out the flame and passed his hand over it, changing it to a blue, more votive type candle.

"Wow," Liz whispered.

"All I did was rearrange the molecular structure so that it looked like this," Max said. He passed his hand over it again and it changed back to it's original form.

"I used to think that was how I healed, but I'm not so sure anymore. You see, Michael and I have been practicing our powers, and while Isabel and Michael can heal normal bumps and bruises, they can't seem to go any further then that," Max said, thinking about how Michael had tried to heal his leg when a random blown up piece of rock had hit it. He couldn't totally fix it, and Max did it with ease.

"So you all have basic powers and a more specialized power?" Liz asked.

"I think so, and when I healed your arm, I...I think I did more then just fix the broken bone," he said.

Liz looked into Max's worried face and things started to add up in her head. Him asking about her Uncle, the fact that he was worried about what he had done....

"Do you think I had Leukemia when you healed my arm?" Liz asked in a small voice. It made sense. One of the factors in who got Leukemia was hereditary. There would be a build up of immature white blood cells in the bone marrow, and if he was healing her arm, maybe he sensed something was wrong.

"I'm not positive, but I think so," Max said, looking at her with worried eyes. "It wasn't long after we left the orphanage that I learned I could heal. At six you really don't know much about anatomy, but I just seemed to know how. Like an instinct. I think I know how my cell structure is and use that to compare when I heal. If I did that when I healed you...."

"Then you might have changed my cell structure to be more like yours," Liz finished for him.

"Exactly," Max said, "but I can't be sure unless I check, and I only know one way of doing that."

"Okay," Liz said. Max stood up and sat next to Liz on the lounger.

"I have to touch you," he said softly, and when she nodded her consent he placed both hands on the side of her head, concentrating on her beautiful brown eyes. "Just let your mind blank out."

Liz did as she was told, and suddenly she felt like she was being sucked into a vacuum. It was like she was looking out of Max's eyes, feeling what Max felt, as she saw different events before her very eyes.

She felt how scared he was the first day of school, and how she had made him feel comfortable. She saw how he couldn't stand to see her in pain, how he just had to heal her little bumps and bruises as she grew up. She saw how he felt the pain of her broken arm, and she felt the guilt he felt when he saw the different events in her own life. She felt how thrilled he was that she liked him, and how utterly despondent he was that he could never tell her he felt the same way.

Most of all she saw how he saw her, beautiful, kind, and noble. He thought she was perfect in every way, and as Liz felt herself coming back to reality she was overwhelmed with the sheer emotion he had for her.

Max was having a completely different experience as he tried to scan her bones for any differences that shouldn't be there. It wasn't until he scanned himself that he realized that Liz's white blood cells were exactly like his. He broke the connection and was left looking at Liz's love filled brown eyes.

"I changed you," he said with worry, very aware that their faces were very close to each other now, his hands still on each side of her head.

"You saved me," she corrected, her face moving just a little closer to his.

"We can't, we're to different," he said, but still didn't have the willpower to pull away.

"I think you just pointed out that we are now the same," she whispered.

"Yeah," he said.

"Yeah," she said as Max's face closed the distance between them, kissing her ever so tenderly.

In all his life Max had never felt anything so soft and sweet, and Liz had never felt anything so tender and gentle. If they had been looking around, they would have seen that the Christmas lights twinkled a little bit brighter and the candle flames danced just a little bit higher as the alien boy who didn't know his past kissed the smallest of small town girls on her balcony.

My Author's Page

New Fic!

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Inquiring Minds M/M, A/I, M/L Mature Ch 13 01-13

Post by kj4ever »

Thanks for the FB as always!

Chapter 14 A

Alex quietly walked back into the living room, where Michael had spread out the map from the Evan's house. Isabel and Maria were looking at it, trying to figure out if Max and Michael's musings were valid.

"Where are they?" Michael asked.

"Oh you know, they are still talking it through," Alex said, 'and making out like there is no tomorrow,' he thought to himself. The people in this room so didn't need that type of information. Alex had volunteered to go get them when they decided to take a look at the map, and was blown away when he saw the two of them playing tonsil hockey. He had quietly went back through the window, giving them some much needed privacy.

"God, how long does that take?" Michael said impatiently.

"Oh, I don't know, how long do you think it would take for you to calm down if someone had saw the inner most thoughts in your mind," Maria asked with a raised eyebrow.

"So let's take a look at this," Michael said, changing the subject as Isabel looked on with astonishment. She had been about to tell him to leave it alone when Maria interjected her two cents. Her and Michael would have went back and forth, with Michael eventually going out there to get them. Maria had effectively, with one sentence, shut him up, shut him down. Maybe Maria knew more about Michael then she thought.

Maria scrunched her eyes, looking at the positioning of the caves, tilting her head to one side. "It was that one," Maria said, pointing to the one the farthest to the west.

Michael looked at her with disbelief. "Are you sure about that?" he asked. It was around the grouping that Max and him had picked out, but was further away.

"Yes, I'm sure about that," Maria said. "We were walking directly west. I remember because the sun was setting and this damn bug or something was flying by my face and when I went to shoo it I knocked my sunglasses off and was practically blinded by the sun the rest of the way."

Michael nodded, accepting that explanation, and then a small smile graced his features. "Tomorrow aught to be a joy, if a little bug freaked you out."

"What's tomorrow," Maria asked cautiously.

"I know we were planning a sleep over," Isabel said, "but we thought it might be the perfect time to head out to the caves since everyone thinks we are sleeping at Liz's and her parents are away for the weekend."

As Maria's flabbergasted face opened to object, Isabel grabbed Alex's arm. "Come on Alex, let's go get some drinks or something from downstairs," she said as she efficiently side stepped Maria's coming eruption. The duo took off, leaving Michael and Maria alone.

"Camping? Like staying outside all night?" Maria finally said.

"That's usually what camping involves," Michael said as he looked for a way to get to the caves through Frasier Woods.

"I mean, it could be dangerous, there are wild animals and bugs and snakes and...." Maria said as Michael's hand over her mouth brought her speech to a halt.

"Stop being such a Princess, you're the one that wanted to help," Michael pointed out as he went back to the map.

"Did you just shush me? Don't you shush me," she said, marking every word with a poke to his chest. "I think my fears are valid. There are scorpions and rattlesnakes and probably like wolves and bears," she said.

"You don't have anything to worry about. Animals understand us, much better then humans ever could," he said nonchalantly as he continued to study the map.

Maria put her hand over the map. "What do you mean by that?" she insisted.

Michael sighed and rubbed his temples. He definitely wasn't used to talking this much to well, anyone. "Animals have instinct, they sense things. Some animals just shy away from us, usually aggressive animals that are used to being on the top of the food chain. The other animals, that aren't aggressive, they usually just like us because they know we aren't a threat. Animals always know when someone is afraid or are a threat."

"Like Boo Boo kitty?" Maria asked. Boo Boo Kitty was a small calico cat that was owned by an older lady in the trailer park. The thing seemed to worship Michael, following him all the time.

"I hated that cat," Michael said.

Maria rolled her eyes, "Yeah, ok, suuure...I saw you cuddling Boo Boo Kitty on a couple of occasions."

"I didn't have a choice!" Michael all but shouted. "That damn cat wouldn't leave me alone and that was the only way to get it to go away sometimes."

Maria bit her lip to keep from laughing. "It's the truth!" he said at her amused face, so obvious that she was trying not to laugh.

"Oookaaaaay," she said. "Anyway, does that work on like reptiles and dangerous insects too, because I don't think they are smart like that."

"If it didn't work on any animal, our powers would be more then enough to keep everyone safe," Michael said with frustration.

Maria hopped on the table in front of Michael, her tush covering the part of the map he was looking at. "And about these powers....What exactly can you do?" she asked.

Michael threw his arms up in the air in a frustrated gesture, "Enough, we can do enough."

"That's not an answer buddy. If we are going to help you, we need full disclosure," she said, tilting her chin to meet his gaze defiantly.

Michael, never taking his eyes off Maria, raised his hand and shattered an antique looking lamp across the room. She turned her head to look, and stared back at him with wide, fearful eyes.

Michael smirked, sure that he had finally got her to shut up.

"Liz is so going to kill you. I know she is small, probably what, like 100 pounds, but you should see her angry, that was her Grandmother's lamp and she is so going to kill you alien powers or not," Maria lectured.

Michael flicked his hand toward the lamp and the pieces went back together.

"Huh!" was all Maria could think to say and Michael put his hands on either side of Maria, leaning in close.

"Does that answer you question?" he said huskily, surprised by the tone in his own voice.

Maria wrinkled her nose. "Not really," she said. "Wait, do you think you are like intimidating me or something?" she asked as she became very aware of how close he was to her.

"Don't I?" he asked with the quirk of his eyebrow.

"No. Not at all," she answered with confidence.

"Maybe I should," Michael said.

Maria looked up at Michael with emotionally raw eyes. "How could I feel intimidated by the only person who makes me feel safe?" she said in almost a whisper.

He wasn't sure how it was happening, but her lips seemed to be getting closer to his. It would be an argument that went on for years, who had initiated that first kiss, when in reality both of their heads were moving closer, and closer, until they made contact.

My Author's Page

New Fic!

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Inquiring Minds M/M, A/I, M/L Mature A/N 3-10

Post by kj4ever »

Here's a very short part, the rest of Chapter 14. Anyone left still reading this, thanks for sticking with it and sorry about the long wait. I've finally got all my computer problems fixed and caught up with work I had to do. Chapter 15 should be complete (and long) by next Sunday.

Chapter 14B

"So what will it be? A cherry soda? A Shirley Temple? I may not work here, but I have serious skills," Alex proclaimed proudly.

Isabel narrowed her eyes. "Alright then, I'll have a vanilla and jalapeno milkshake with a dash of Tabasco."

"That's disgusting," Alex said, wrinkling his nose.

"Have you ever had a vanilla and jalapeno milkshake with a dash of Tabasco?" Isabel asked.

"That would be a big N-O," Alex replied.

"Then how do you know it's disgusting?" Isabel asked, trying to hide her grin.

"Well because, it just...it just isn't right," Alex said.

"Maybe not for you, but for us aliens it is heaven," Isabel said with a sigh.

"Ok, ok, one vanilla and jalapeno milkshake with a dash of Tabasco coming up," Alex said.

Alex excused himself and went back to the kitchen to gather up the ingredients. "Do all of you like weird food like this?" he called.

"Pretty much. We put Tabasco on everything," Isabel answered as Alex reappeared. "It's like we can't taste anything without it. When we were little, our parents thought we were just picky eaters, but really we just ate enough to survive. Then one day, we went to a Mexican restaurant and Max accidentally spilled a bottle of Tabasco that was on the table. Before our parents could stop him, he ate some of the food on his plate that had the Tabasco, and he loved it. From then on out we finally enjoyed eating."

"That's strange," Alex said, his brow furling.

"What's strange?" Isabel asked.

"When Liz and Maria went to camp, back when they were little, there was a girl there. They couldn't stand her because she acted all high and mighty and had like every badge that a girl scout could earn. Anyway, they said she was weird because she put hot sauce in her milk and on her food," Alex said.

Isabel leaned on the counter, intently listening to Alex. He put the ingredients in the blender and turned it on, searching his brain for more information on this girl. He turned it off, grabbed a glass, and poured the concoction into a glass.

"Tess," he said. "That was her name, Tess Harding? Something like that," he said as he placed the glass in front of Isabel.

Isabel took a sip of her shake and closed her eyes in pleasure. "It could be that the girl just likes hot stuff," Isabel said.

"How many 5th graders do you know that love Tabasco?" Alex asked.

"Not many," Isabel admitted. In a week people had learned about their identities, they had found out about a cave with strange alien writing, and learned of a picture that was potentially from an alien killer.

"Maybe we shouldn't worry about Tess right now, and concentrate on the cave," Alex offered. "There is enough to explore, and from what Liz and Maria said Tess was a real piece of work. They went on and on about her when they got home because the girl took an instant disliking to Liz."

"I agree," Isabel said, "and it could just be a coincidence," she said, even though somewhere in the back of her mind she knew it wasn't.

"Anyway, she lived way over by Santa Fe," Alex said, "So unless we end up with a dead end there is no need to focus on her."

Isabel nodded in agreement, her mind lost in thought. "How's the shake?" Alex asked, bringing her out of her self contemplation.

She smiled. "It has got to be the best shake I have ever had," she said. "I've always wanted one, but it would look a little strange ordering it. You sure you don't want to try any?" Isabel asked with a sparkle in her eye.

"I think I'll stick to the coke, no hard stuff for me," Alex said, proudly producing a bottle of Coke.

"Alright, but you don't know what you're missing," Isabel said as she took another sip of heaven, letting her thoughts leave the little girl who liked hot sauce and had every badge imaginable.

My Author's Page

New Fic!

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Inquiring Minds M/M, A/I, M/L Mature CH15A 7-17

Post by kj4ever »

Good Lord life has been so busy! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to post again, but I have not/will not give up on this story or Crisis of Meaning in the AA.

Thanks for the FB and sticking around! I hope to go back to posting once a week now!

Chapter 15 A

"So did it feel different?" Maria asked Liz.

"Different how?" Liz asked back.

Maria sighed in frustration. They were on their way to school, and Maria didn't have near enough time last night to get the information she needed from Liz. Max and Liz had returned to the living room followed by Isabel and Alex, thankfully just after her kiss with Michael had ended. Michael unceremoniously announced he knew all he needed to know to get to the cave, and the boys started discussing camping supplies.

She knew immediately there was something different about Liz, that she had a kind of glow to her. If she would have been real observant, she would have realized that Liz was thinking the same thing about her.

"Different from....you know, kissing someone of the same species?" Maria asked.

Liz couldn't help the small smile that lit up her face while she thought about that kiss. Was it different? "It's not like I have all that much experience in this area, but yes, it was different. Different doesn't even begin to cover it," Liz said. 'Wonderful, explosive, intimate,' Liz thought to herself.

"Yeah," Maria said absentmindedly as she turned into the school parking lot. She had been unprepared for the bombardment of images she received from Michael, and when they broke the kiss she could tell he was just as surprised. Maria could almost feel the break in whatever connection they had formed, and she was pretty sure it was Michael's doing. He looked incredibly uncomfortable, and before Maria could ask him about it everyone had come back into the room.

"Do you think....Do you think that maybe they've ruined it for us?" Maria asked. "Like kissing a regular guy will just not cut it now?"

Liz reached over the back seat to grab her backpack as they pulled into the parking space. As she did she saw Max's jeep pull in next to them. "Maybe," she said in a soft voice, but at this point, she couldn't imagine kissing anyone but Max ever again.

"Did you see anything? When you kissed her I mean," Michael asked Max as they drove to school. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Max had shared something special with Liz when they had came back to the living room. Max was practically glowing, and it wasn't missed by anyone that he was holding her hand.

Max shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "Michael, it's private," he said. He didn't see why Michael was so worried about his kiss with Liz unless...

"Did something happen between you and Maria while you were alone?" Max asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Maybe...." Michael said as he looked out the window. "Ok, she kissed me, alright? And I saw all kinds of stuff. She was just so open," Michael said. He couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable with the fact that he had shared things with her too, things he had never planned on sharing with anyone. Usually blocking things was not a problem with Michael, he had plenty of practice blocking any vibes he might give Max and Isabel, but he was absolutely helpless in blocking anything from Maria, something that made him very, very uneasy.

A small smirk broke out on Max's face. "Alright, yes I saw things, felt things I didn't know I could feel," Max said. Sure, he had dreamed of kissing Liz Parker since puberty hit, but he never dreamed it could be so special, so monumental.

"We need to be careful Maxwell," Michael said seriously. "We still don't know anything about ourselves. What if we do find something in that cave. What if we find our way home? What if by just being who we are hurts them?"

Max nodded curtly, acknowledging Michael's comment. In his head he knew he was right. Things were happening so fast. In just a few days they had found people that knew about them, a cave that contained what seemed to be alien symbols, and proof that there was another one of them out there, or at least was out there in 1959.

His heart was singing a different tune though, and it would more then likely rule. He had changed Liz though, and while she may have been born on this Earth, he had made her a little less human. Max knew that no matter what, they were in this together now. It had to be that way.

Max pulled in the parking lot and spotted Maria's car, so he pulled in next to it. He saw Liz smile at him and his heart skipped a beat. He quickly jumped out of the Jeep and went over to Liz's side of the car.

"Hi," Max said softly as he took her hand to help her out of Maria's car.

"Hi," Liz said back. Max grabbed her backpack and put it over his shoulder. "Thank you," Liz said as Max leaned in and gave her a quick kiss.

"No, thank you," Max said as they walked hand in hand towards the entrance of the school.

"Well?" Maria asked, juggling her books while trying to put her car keys away. Michael was just standing there shaking his head at Max and Liz's antics.

"Well what?" Michael asked, half listening.

Maria let out a sigh of frustration. "Nothing, whatever," she said as she stormed off towards the school.

"What?!" Michael asked, throwing his arms in the air, jogging after a very ticked off Maria Deluca.

Kyle Valenti sat in his car a row behind Maria's. "Well isn't this an interesting development," he said out loud. He would have to keep a close eye on this situation, oh yes he would.

My Author's Page

New Fic!

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Inquiring Minds M/M, A/I, M/L Mature CH15A 7-17

Post by kj4ever »

Thanks for all the FB everyone! I really appreciate it!

Chapter 15 B

"WHAT is that on your head Alex," Isabel asked as she hurried over to Alex and snatched the plaid monstrosity off his head. Max, Liz, and Maria had tests that day, and the fact that Michael had already missed so much school was how Isabel and Alex had been elected to get camping supplies instead of going to school.

"Don't you see how it keeps your ears all toasty and warm?" Alex said, putting the hat with the ear mufflers back on with a large grin on his face.

"You are so not wearing that," Isabel said as she snatched it again.

"Ok, fine, but don't expect me to aleve your guilt when my ears get frostbitten tonight," Alex said.

Isabel rolled her eyes and continued down the isle. "Stick to the list, Alex," she said.

"Wow, look at this!" Alex exclaimed as they came upon a bunch of tents. "You could live in this thing!" he exclaimed as he looked inside a huge tent.

Isabel pointed to a small pop up type tent. "This is more in our budget," she said. Really they didn't need to buy anything, seeing how the Evan's had most of this stuff in their garage. Isabel wasn't so sure they could sneak their tents out of the house without her parents finding out, so there were a few things they needed to buy.

Alex bent over and looked inside the tent. "This is to small! My feet would hang out half a foo OMFF" he groaned as Isabel knocked him inside the tent.

"Oww, Isabel have you ever thought about trying out for the," Alex started to say until he realized that he was in very close proximity to Isabel Evans. Actually, Isabel Evans was laying on top of him.

"Football team?" he finished weakly.

"Shhhhhhhhh be quiet," Isabel whispered.

Footsteps could be heard outside of the tent as Isabel held her breath. "Thank you for your help, Mr. Evans," said a male voice as Alex's eyes opened wide.

"No problem," Mr. Evans said as the footsteps went past the tent.

Isabel and Alex were holding each other for dear life, and both breathed a sign of relief as the men continued past the tent and on to another isle.

"I think it's safe to get up now," Isabel whispered.

"Uh, yeah," Alex said. It was easier said then done with both of them having such long limbs. They ended up a big tangled mess, with Alex laughing and Isabel fuming.

"Alex, go that way," she said as she tried to disentangle herself. "You think this is funny?"

"No, it is very, very serious," Alex said with a mock look of seriousness on his face. "Don't aliens have a sense of humor?" he asked.

"Yes, we have a sense of humor," Isabel said.

"Are aliens ticklish?" Alex asked with an evil glint in his eye.

"Absolutely not," Isabel said, her eyes growing wide. "We are absolutely NOT ticklish." she stated.

"Oh, ok," Alex said as he pretended to disentangle himself from Isabel. As she went to move away he went in for the kill.

Isabel let out a shriek of laughter. "Alex, stop.....stop....STOP," she cried between giggles.

"Ok, I'll stop," Alex said, laughing right along with Isabel. Was it just him, or were their faces awfully close to each other?

Isabel knew that Alex would never have the nerve to kiss her first, and she couldn't quite believe it herself as her face started getting closer to Alex's. The anticipation was killing both of them, and when their lips finally met, it was like magic.

Maria looked around the crowded quad for any signs of her friends. Alex was off on a shopping expedition with Isabel, and when she finally spotted Liz she was all cuddled up next to Max by a tree.

"Great," she muttered to herself as she balanced her lunch tray. She scanned the rest of the crowd and spotted some of her school friends. Normally she would go over and sit with them, but it just seemed like there wasn't much to talk about anymore. "What are you doing tonight?" she could imagine them saying. "Oh, I'm going on a camping expedition to look for a cave with strange alien symbols so my friends can find out where they came from" just didn't seem like an appropriate answer.

Then she spotted Michael, sitting by himself at the edge of the quad. He was drawing in a book, sometimes shooting a scowl towards Max and Liz. "What the hell" she thought as she headed over. After their kiss Michael didn't say a word, and he seemed like he would rather be anywhere but where Maria was, but even eating with a disinterested alien was better then eating alone.

Maria sat her tray down on Michael's table and sat down. Michael looked up and squinted his eyes at her. "Can I sit here?" Maria finally said.

"It's a free country," Michael said as he continued to draw.

"Gee, thanks," Maria said as she opened her milk. "What are you drawing, more cave symbols?" she asked as she leaned over to see his sketch book.

"Nothing," he said as he tried to cover it from her view, but he was to late. Maria almost gasped when she realized what he had been drawing. It was Max with Liz sitting between his legs, his arms wrapped around her and Liz positively beaming.

"Michael, that is beautiful," Maria said and she pulled the sketch pad over for a closer look.

"It's alright," Michael said, embarrassed and obviously uncomfortable. Maria continued to look at the picture in awe. "I've just been thinking....What if we find something tonight? I've always wondered about our home? What if they want us to go home? I figured Max would really like to have this if we did, so I've been sketching things that we wouldn't want to forget if we had to leave tonight."

Maria flipped back a page as Michael unsuccessfully tried to stop her. Maria drew in a deep breath when she saw her own beaming face come alive on the paper, which had probably been drawn during art class.

"Does this mean you don't want to forget about me?" Maria asked, eyes shining.

"Maria, even if I tried, even if I wanted to I could never forget about you," Michael tried to say sarcastically, but it came out tenderly. A huge smile broke out on Maria's face as she leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks Spaceboy," she said as Michael snatched the sketch pad back.

"Whatever," he said almost uncomfortably but couldn't help the small smile that lit up his face. "I need to finish this before lunch is over."

"So Alex has his Dad's Expedition and will be picking us up right after school," Liz said, trying to concentrate even though Max rubbing her upper arm and shoulder was sending little sparks of electric current through her body.

"MmmHmmm," Max whispered in her ear, causing her to shiver. Max smiled and sighed, never dreaming he could have such an impact on Liz Parker.

Liz shook herself out of the mental hold he had on her. "Really Max, what if you find something tonight?" she said. "What if you can go home?" she asked in a really small voice.

"I'm already home," he said, and as she turned to look at him, the love shining in his eyes blew her away. His face descended, kissing her with so much love, so much passion that she didn't doubt his words for one second.

My Author's Page

New Fic!

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Inquiring Minds M/M, A/I, M/L Mature CH15B 7-27

Post by kj4ever »

Oh wow, I just saw that I was nominated for best convention couple fic. Thank you all so much! I'm half way done with chapter 16, it's slowly coming along. I don't know if I'll ever do a fic again that goes off on a tangent and isn't planned out beginning to end. It is much more difficult then Web of Deception was to write!

Thanks again!

My Author's Page

New Fic!