Stranger than fanfiction...fanfic chads.

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kj4ever »

Now that is a great point xmag, I never about it, but it's true!

Another one that I've noticed, and done myself, is that Max just knows everything about Liz because of watching her from afar and is sad that she's dating Kyle. In the pilot Max is almost shocked when he finds out Liz is dating "the sheriff's son," so if he watched her that closely he would have known since she had dated him the entire summer.
Find all the links to my fics in one place:

My Author's Page

New Fic!

Little Girl Lost in the alternative universe w/aliens forum!

Check out my website! http://kel.uppercaseliving.net
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

kj4ever wrote: In the pilot Max is almost shocked when he finds out Liz is dating "the sheriff's son," so if he watched her that closely he would have known since she had dated him the entire summer.
Actually, I didn't see it this way at all. He said it in such a calm way that it seemed almost sure he knew she was dating Kyle. I always thought he asked because he was trying to distract her from asking questions about what happened the day before.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Fehrbaby wrote:
kj4ever wrote: In the pilot Max is almost shocked when he finds out Liz is dating "the sheriff's son," so if he watched her that closely he would have known since she had dated him the entire summer.
Actually, I didn't see it this way at all. He said it in such a calm way that it seemed almost sure he knew she was dating Kyle. I always thought he asked because he was trying to distract her from asking questions about what happened the day before.
whatever the reason, that's a show chad, it never happens in fanfic. In fanfic, Max always knows everything about her and everything she does and yet never comes across as a stalker. :lol:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well one I have seen done quite a few times comes from stories set in the future.

Why is it when the couples are older,married and have kids it's always Michael and Maria who have the pack of hellions? Their children are allways the ones breaking something,taking something,running around and just being a BIG pain in the ass while Max and Liz's children are perfect little angels :lol:
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

killjoy wrote:Well one I have seen done quite a few times comes from stories set in the future.

Why is it when the couples are older,married and have kids it's always Michael and Maria who have the pack of hellions? Their children are allways the ones breaking something,taking something,running around and just being a BIG pain in the ass while Max and Liz's children are perfect little angels :lol:
I think that has something to do with the phrases "Like mother like daughter" and "Like father like son"

Liz and Max were both essentially quiet goodie two shoes until S3 where they got a little on the wild side....

While Michael was always getting into trouble and Maria was rarely quiet.
Stargazer's Delight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Stargazer's Delight »

killjoy wrote:Well one I have seen done quite a few times comes from stories set in the future.

Because as we all know that people learn nothing while growing up.
I'm sure that even parenthood isn't even enough to change M/M's ways and that they raised there kids to be bad like they once were :lol:
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Now that is a great point xmag, I never about it, but it's true!
Yeah, Maria = no new friends. Maybe it means that she was too loyal to have a new best friend, but then, she is bashed in reviews because she is jealous of Liz's new friend. Bashed for being faithful and not replacing Liz. The irony.

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Stargazer's Delight wrote:

Because as we all know that people learn nothing while growing up.
I'm sure that even parenthood isn't even enough to change M/M's ways and that they raised there kids to be bad like they once were :lol:
Not to mention, there's nothing wrong with rambunctious kids. I always imagine M&M's household as being a lot of FUN. Plus, there is ABSOLUTELY no way that Michael wouldn't be the strictest father out there when it came to his daughters dating (hee, I pity those poor fools who try).
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

ITA about Pam Troy. Meanwhile, there are so many other obscure characters that are never used (i.e Vickie Delaney, who was certainly not a developed character, but at least we saw her.)
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Another thing that happens a lot in fanfic and never happened in the show is when Maria and Michael call each other Cheesehead and dorkbutt. Michael and Maria were way better at insulting each other than resorting to terms like cheesehead and dorkbutt.