When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

hehehe Yeah, but if you are going to think that every single thing is because the writers didn't do their homework -which is probably true- then where's the fun of finding answers?

In Pilot, Max wasn't even aware that his "healing" was a unique power. He thought he was "manipulating molecular structures", a common power to all of them. That's what he told Liz when he's explaining to her what "powers" they have. When he transformed the clay sculpture, he said that's how he had healed her.

Many fans theorized that they could all heal to an extent, like how we can all draw to an extent. Some are really good at it, some aren't, but we can all do it. Tess healed Max's bruise in Ask Not, but couldn't heal her ankle in Four Aliens & A Baby.

We can also assume that Max was unsure and pretty much had zero practice on healing a bullet wound, and so he asked Liz to look at him to form a stronger connection. The same with reversing said connection later on. He had never done that, so he went for every single advantage he could get. As time goes by, they start having flashes by just touching each other, though we can say this could be another kind of connection...

If you are really into finding how many contradictions, plot holes and discrepancies the fans compiled, I could send you the list of CHADs (Continuity Holes and/or Annoying Discrepancies), so you can have a good laugh ;)

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

I know that Liz wanted to be a scientist, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly what she wanted to do. I'm thinking that it had something to do with genetics, but I'm not sure if that's right.
StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

Molecular Biologist, particularly, Head of Molecular Biology at Harvard University, if I'm remembering correctly.
Chrissie1218
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Chrissie1218 »

She wanted to be a molecular biologist. From the episode "Monsters", we find that her "dream, dream, dream job would be head of molecular biology research at Harvard."
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Did Maria once recommend that Michael get 'massive amounts of therapy' or am I very confused?

The line is stuck in my head and I really want to use it in my fic but I need to know where I heard it from.
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she said that to him, maybe in River Dog, shortly before he kissed her? I'm getting really rusty on my Roswell trivia! :lol:
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

LOL!!! That was in Toy House, when Michael goes to Maria to "fix" her wood project.

MICHAEL: That's right. It's your way of making me think that I owe you something, that I'm indebted to you. Let me tell you something. I'm not indebted to anyone.

MARIA: Interesting. You know, you should get yourself massive doses of therapy, like immediately.

;)
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

You should also remember that when Max healed Liz it might have been the first time he healed a human. Certainly, it was the first time he'd ever healed a major injury like that.

When he healed Kyle nine months later, Kyle was unconcious and Max didn't need him to look at him. He didn't need Samuel to look at him, or any of the cancer kids, either. By then, he'd gotten used to what he was doing, I think.

Personally, I think asking Liz to look at him was to help LIZ. She was obviously going into shock. By making her focus, he was helping her to fight and hang on. EMTs do it all the time, asking hurt people to talk to them and look at them. It's not because the EMT needs to know if the victim has kids, for instance, it's to help the victim focus on something-else, not on the injury.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Does anyone have the date that the Granolith supposedly took off in departure?
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Well, taking Alex's death as a starting point, the Granolith must have left around mid May... other than that, there was no given date.