When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Zygote is correct. Can't remember which episode it was offhand, but they got busted breaking into the school, and Sean took the fall so Liz wouldn't get in trouble.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Shiesty23
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shiesty23 »

Ah damn! There goes my grape pixie stick...*grrrrr*

Thanks Jenny!

SHI
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

jbangelo wrote:Zygote is correct. Can't remember which episode it was offhand, but they got busted breaking into the school, and Sean took the fall so Liz wouldn't get in trouble.
I think it was "It's too late and it's too bad." She came around just 'asking for tips' from Sean on getting places behind locked doors, and he sort of insisted on coming along to try and keep her out of too much trouble.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

Hey everyone, I looked several pages back and couldn't find an answer to this question so I apologize if it's been asked before. Does anyone know what the actual, cannon spelling of Nacedo's name is? My beta looked it up online and got a spelling different the one I use and the one she uses.
TicFic
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by TicFic »

Nasedo

Quote from Transcript of the eppy "Destiny":

TESS: How could you leave Nasedo there?

MICHAEL: Listen, he might not have made it, alright? We heard gun shots.

TESS: Michael, listen to me. We have to turn around. We have to go to the pod chamber.

MICHAEL: What are you talking about?

TESS: Nasedo told me that if anything ever happened to him, to go to the pod chamber.

TicFic
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

somebody posted this question on the Roswell board on IMDB. I think it's a very important and hilarious question and I had to bring it over here.
IMDB Poster wrote:You know how Max always told people he was healing that they had to look at him? Does that mean that he could never heal a blind person?
Discuss.

Here's a link to the original thread
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Tears of Mercury, on one of the special features of Season 1, (I think this is the one) there's a commentary on The Balance, and the writer says that she got the name out of another word, mixed the letters, and came with Nasedo. And that word started with "S", so, yeah, it should be Nasedo.

nibbles2, I think Max asks people to look at him only to make a faster, stronger connection. He didn't need to look at the kids in the hospital in the eyes to heal them -and most of them were deeply asleep anyway- so, I do believe he can heal blind people, as long as he's been able to form some connection.

He didn't even need to touch Brody when he "healed" him, but it might have to do with the type of "injury" Brody was having. Besides, that way, he didn't leave a silver handprint behind either ;)

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Misha wrote:Tears of Mercury, on one of the special features of Season 1, (I think this is the one) there's a commentary on The Balance, and the writer says that she got the name out of another word, mixed the letters, and came with Nasedo. And that word started with "S", so, yeah, it should be Nasedo.
I think the word she used to create Nasedo was Sedona. It's a town in the States, if I am not mistaken. So, if she mixed the letters to create the name Nasedo, then it's written with a S, and not a C.
OrangeSky
Addicted Roswellian

Post by OrangeSky »

xmag wrote:I think the word she used to create Nasedo was Sedona. It's a town in the States, if I am not mistaken.
Sedona is in Arizona, if that helps.
Alli
Dean: Damn cops.
Sam: They were just doing their job.
Dean: No, they were doing our job, only they don't know it so they suck at it.
nitpick23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nitpick23 »

Misha wrote: nibbles2, I think Max asks people to look at him only to make a faster, stronger connection. He didn't need to look at the kids in the hospital in the eyes to heal them -and most of them were deeply asleep anyway- so, I do believe he can heal blind people, as long as he's been able to form some connection.

He didn't even need to touch Brody when he "healed" him, but it might have to do with the type of "injury" Brody was having. Besides, that way, he didn't leave a silver handprint behind either ;)

Misha
I think it was more poor writing or writers just not caring about what happened in previous episodes. When Max healed Liz he said she HAD to look at him, meaning he needed her to look at him to form the connection. When he formed the connection later to show her he was still the same he told she had to look into his eyes.

Roswell is full of contradictions from one epi to another. The writers never seemed to care whether something was correct or followed previous plot points as long as it followed the plot they were setting up. ie, Michael supposedly couldn't heal, yet in Into The Woods he healed River Dog's ankle.