The Fourth (AU, K/T, CC ADULT) (Complete)

This is the gallery for the winners of the fanfic awards to show off their fics, and their banners!

Moderators: Itzstacie, Forum Moderators

Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you, Rowedog and tequathisy for the feedback, it really means a lot to me!

Okay, this is it, there's only one more part after this... I can't believe it! I actually wrote his part months okay, when it came to me in a dream, I hope you like it.

Enjoy.

~ 70~

The sun was starting to sink in the sky, the brilliant blue hues laying heavy shadows across the land. Kyle glanced over the horizon, a feeling of dread washing over him. He quickly scanned the immediate area, not finding the cause, but something was close.

"It's too soon," he whispered to himself as he turned his attention back to his friends, his family, the ruling force of Antar, the Royal Four.

Tess, Michael, Isabel, and Max were practicing their powers, trying to form the connections needed to utilize their powers as the Royal Four. It was told that the quadruplicate formation would be their strongest weapon against their enemy and it would end this war. Kyle sighed, it had been two days and they still couldn't harness the power they needed to win the war and their time was running out.

Tess broke away, turning to Kyle, immediately feeling his distress. "Kyle," she began, reaching out to him and squeezing his hand. "What is it?"

"Something's coming," he sighed, returning his gaze to the open fields, they were essentially open for an attack.

"Why would you say that?" Michael questioned, immediately at his side, scanning the area as only a general would.

Kyle shrugged, trying to force back the increasing feeling of dread. He closed his eyes and sent out his mind, searching the area once more. "Khivar's coming," he stated as he was finally able to place a name to what he was feeling.

"We know that," Max sighed as he took his place beside Michael.

"Sooner then we think," Kyle stressed as he felt Tess stiffen beside him. "Our Intel is wrong."

"Why would you think that?" Michael questioned, turning his scrutinizing gaze toward him. "Nikko said-"

"Khivar's coming," Kyle repeated as the feeling intensified and he knew that he was nearer then he originally thought.

"I'm sorry," Isabel gushed and they turned their gazes to her. "He's been trying to get into my mind since we came. He's coming for me."

"He can't have you," Max growled. "We are stronger, closer then we were before. We can do this."

"You must practice," Kyle urged as he squeezed Tess' hand before he pulled away from her. "I will scout the immediate perimeter." He stated as he teleported away.

From a distance Kyle could see the four arguing, they weren't practicing as he had hoped. They needed to form the quadruplicate formation to activate their powers as the true Royal Four, if they had any chance for them to win- in order for them to live. Their connection was strong, but it wasn't enough. They needed more time, the time they didn't have.

Kyle continued to scan the area as his mind felt the strong pull of the granolith, his senses on high alert at the warning. He glanced back to see a lone figure walking towards them, his hand raised.

Khivar.

Kyle teleported back, finding himself face to face with the enemy. "Khivar," he drawled as he stopped in his tracks, his eyes widening.

"You." He hissed as he recognized him from their first encounter, which felt like a lifetime ago. "Who are you?" He questioned sharply, lowering his hand for a second.

'No Kyle,' he heard Tess urge him in his mind. He glanced back at her and he suddenly realized they wouldn't form their bond unless they were forced to.

Kyle turned back to Khivar as he continued to advance, standing tall as he shot him a power blast, knowing that his retaliation would do more damage in return.

"No!" He heard Tess cry out as Khivar blasted him and for a second every molecule of his body was on fire before he didn't feel anything at all.

Tess' eyes widened in horror as she watched in what felt like slow motion as her lover crumbled to the ground. Her breathing hitched. "Kyle!" She cried out, instantly wanting to go to him, to save him.

She felt Michael's hand on her arm, preventing her from running to him. "Let me go," she hissed as she struggled, against his hold. Crying out in frustration as Max grabbed her other arm, forcing her to stand still.

"He was a fool," Khivar chuckled as he stepped over Kyle's body and Tess' gaze snapped to him.

"You shall die," she growled, suddenly feeling her powers increase, her body trembling to release the power she was harnessing from both Michael and Max.

"I think I have heard that before," he grinned as he raised his hand out to her.

"I think you're mistaken," Tess hissed as she suddenly felt Isabel's hand on her back and she gasped as she felt her power flow into her.

In a brilliant blast of light the four were bonded and she felt their powers increase tenfold. She closed her eyes as she harnessed their power, a second sense knowing exactly what to do.

"Sweet Ava," Khivar drawled as she opened her eyes, revealing brilliant silver eyes, and he froze.

"You're mistaken," she threatened once more as she felt Michael and Max release her arms and she threw them up, instantly sending Khivar a blast that encompassed his body. "You shall pay for your sins." She hissed as she felt the power drain from her body and pour into Khivar.

Khivar let out a strangled gasp, crumbling into dust before their eyes. Tess blinked, unable to believe that Khivar was indeed gone.

"It's over," Isabel whispered behind her, breaking the spell of disbelief.

She blinked, her gaze shifting to Kyle's prone body and she ran to him. "Kyle!" She called out as she dropped to her knees. "Oh, baby," she whimpered as she realized he was not breathing, her fingers darted out and she was unable to feel a pulse. "No, Kyle. Please-"

"Tess," Michael whispered as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her away from Kyle's side.

"No!" She cried out frantically, calming only slightly as Max took her spot.

Max placed his hand on Kyle's chest a connection flaring to life. He knew then that the granolith protected him from the bulk of the blast. He healed the damage and pulled away as Kyle gasped, blinking up at him. "Welcome back."

"Thanks," Kyle groaned as he attempted to sit up, his muscles aching in response.

Michael released Tess and she flew into Kyle's arms, throwing her arms around his neck. "Don't you ever, ever do something stupid like that again!" She grumbled as she hit him with her hand.

"Scout's honor," Kyle grumbled as he wrapped his arms around her and held her close, kissing her softly. "I'm guessing Khivar's gone?" He questioned as he glanced around.

"Yes," Max nodded. "You were right."

"Right?" Michael repeated as he glanced between the two. "Right about what?"

"Kyle knew that we wouldn't be able to form the connection needed until provoked," he explained. "And he was right."

"Can we go home now?" Isabel questioned as she glanced over the distance.

"Soon," Max nodded.

Michael glanced over the horizon, the sun dipping even lower, the shadows increasing. "What I don't understand is why he came alone." He stated as he felt every muscle tensing.

Kyle closed his eyes, hissing as he suddenly felt the presence of Khivar's second line of defense. "He didn't."

They froze, their gazes searching out in the increasing darkness for them to show themselves.

"Nikko," Michael growled as a hooded figure stepped out of the shadows.

"Rath," he replied dryly as he removed his hood and stared at the Royal Four before he turned his gaze toward Max. "Zan."

"Are you prepared to take Khivar's place and fight?" Max questioned sharply. "Or do you surrender?"

Nikko sighed, bowing his head, a small smile curving at his lips. "Khivar's troops are paralyzed, they witnessed his defeat. You have nothing more to fear."

"Take your leave," Max nodded and Nikko turned sharply on his heels, walking away. Max turned to the others, reaching out and taking his sister's hand. "Let's go home."

tbc
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you, thetvgeneral and Rowedog for the feedback!

Well, here it is, the conclusion to my fic. It's more of an epilogue of sorts with smaller scenes. *g*

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy!

~ 71 ~

Leja and Ares greeted them in the grand hallway as they returned to the palace from their victorious battle. Ares stepped forward and studied them briefly. "We have heard reports that Khivar has fallen," he stated and everyone began to speak, retelling the battle in detail.

"Is it truly over?" Leja questioned as she gazed at her parents, hope brimming in her eyes.

"Yes," Nikko answered from the door and he smiled at her.

"Nikko," she gasped and he quickly crossed to her, spinning her in his arms.

"We are free," he smiled as he kissed her softly, before being interrupted by a cough from their king.

"There is much to plan," Max supplied as he briefly studied them. "Khivar's death is only the start."

"There are only a few that were still loyal to his rule," Nikko supplied as he pulled away from Leja and turned to him. "The rest want peace, they want a united front."

"They want to believe in hope," Leja added softly. "They want to be safe, they want a chance to live."

"Then together you will unite our land," Max nodded. "Leja, you are the heir to the throne and with our departure you will take your rightly role as queen."

Leja stiffened, raising her head slightly. "I understand."

Max smiled as he glanced at Nikko. "I assume you're intentions are to marry my daughter," he stated as Nikko nodded, reaching out to take Leja's hand in his. "You will be King in title only, Leja as the rightful heir will have the final rule. You will be the general of the troops and Ares will be at your side, your second-in-command and royal council to the queen."

"Yes, your majesty." Nikko nodded as he squeezed Leja's hand.

~

The Royal Four took their places in the throne room for the first time in this lifetime and for the last. They were dressed in their richly garments, fit only for royalty.

The ceremony began with a flourish of music and the King stood before them. He spoke of sacrifices and of being reborn. He spoke of hope for the future and the steps to regain the world they once loved.

The Queen took her place beside her King and they introduced Leja as their daughter and heir of Antar.

Max stood over Leja as she knelt before him a hushed silenced filled the hall with anticipation. They watched at the King took off his crown and placed it on his daughter's head, passing the rule of Antar to her.

The people applauded as Leja turned to them as their queen. She smiled and raised her hand, thanking them briefly before introducing Nikko as her fiancé and future king and Ares as her royal council.

The people cheered, and quickly dubbed them the Royal Trinity, the ruling class of Antar.

~

"We will speak soon," Leja smiled as she embraced her mother and Tess nodded in reply. "After all we have a wedding to plan."

"Yes," Tess grinned, holding her close before letting go and quickly stepping back into Kyle's embrace. She turned to him with tears in her eyes. "I didn't think it would be so hard," she whispered. "Letting go."

Kyle kissed her brow, holding her close as he watched as Max said goodbye to his daughter. "How quickly the group up," Kyle began, his voice light with amusement. "She was just an infant-" his voice trailing off as Tess hit him in the chest and he laughed, kissing her softly.

She smiled up at him, her heart feeling lighter at his attempt to cheer her up. "Thank you."

"Love you," he smiled, hugging her closer to him, leaning in to kiss her once more.

"I hate to interrupt," Ares began and they turned their gaze to him, giving him a sheepish smile. "But, I would like to say goodbye to my sister."

"Oh, Ares," Tess grinned as she pulled away from Kyle and wrapped her arms around him. "I'm going to miss you-" she smiled, her eyes flashing Antarian as she schooled her emotions. "And you must watch over Leja."

"I have always watched over her," he smiled in reply. "You have nothing to worry about."

Tess smiled, blinking back tears once more as Kyle wrapped his arm around her and glanced around at everyone saying their last goodbyes.

~

Liz woke up with start, the granolith calling out to her. She grabbed her phone and using a burst of her powers called both Alex and Maria simultaneously. "It's time," she breathed as they both answered with a soft click.

"Oh, my god." Maria gasped. "I'll pick you up in 5."

"I'm coming over," Alex replied at the same time, both hanging up on Liz.

Liz smiled at her friends' reaction, knowing how long they've been waiting for them to return. It felt like a lifetime that they had all been together. Liz quickly changed and was out the front door within minutes, smiling as she spied Maria and Alex pulling up at the same time.

Alex parked, rolling down the window. "Going to head to the, you know." He winked and Liz nodded, waving him off, knowing that they would need two cars going out there.

"Get in, chica," Maria grinned as Liz quickly crossed over to the car and got in. "I can't believe they're actually coming home! I've missed my spaceboy."

"Me too," Liz agreed as Maria speed off behind Alex and they made record time to the pod chamber.

~

Kyle blinked, coughing once as his body readjusted to the Earth's atmosphere. He grinned, immediately turning to Tess. "You okay?"

Tess smiled at him, taking a deep breath. "Yeah."

"Everyone okay?" Max questioned, taking a step back to visualize everyone standing around the granolith.

Before they could reply, Maria, Alex, and Liz made their way through the open pod and quickly joined them. Voices rang out with laughter and tears flowed as they reunited.

Kyle smiled, turning to Tess. "Welcome home."

"It's good to be home," she mused, leaning in to kiss him as Maria suddenly wrapped her arms around them both.

"Oh, it's so good to see you guys-" Maria gushed. "And wait to you see little Jimmie, he's so cute!"

"I'm sure," Michael drawled as he pulled her away. "If you don't mind, I'm taking my girlfriend away."

Maria giggled, quickly turning to Michael and they kissed. Kyle glanced around to see Alex and Isabel kissing in the corner and Max and Liz doing the same in the other. "I think it's catching," Kyle commented as Tess grinned at him.

"It's good to be home," Tess repeated, leaning up to kiss him, rubbing her nose against his.

"Yeah," He smiled, kissing her softly.

~

Twelve hours later, Tess curled up in Kyle's arms, finally getting a moments rest since they had returned. "It's good to be home," Kyle grumbled as he closed his eyes. "I think we need to go on a vacation-"

"We just got home," Tess pointed out, yawning as she buried her head into his chest. "It was nice."

"It was a little too much," Kyle sighed. "I think if someone tries to hug me one more time, I'll-"

"You'll what?" She giggled as she lifted her head to look at him. "Should I go sleep on the couch?" She teased lightly and Kyle groaned.

"That's not what I meant," He sighed. "It was just a tad overwhelming. It was just a little too much family time when all I wanted was to be with you. My parents, your parents, our extended alien family-" his voice trailed off as a baby cried out, interrupting the night stillness. "My baby brother," he chuckled.

Tess giggled. "I think he was the hit of the party. No one really cared that we came back, they were too busy cooing over your little brother. He's adorable and honestly, he looks so much like you and Maria, you'd almost think he's your kid-"

"Eww," he groaned, shaking his head. "Don't even go there-"

"Michael's the one that mentioned it," Tess giggled, leaning up to kiss him. "Well, it's true. It just makes me think about our baby one day," She smiled fondly.

"One day," Kyle agreed. "Preferably, after we're married- and done with school."

"School," Tess repeated, trailing her fingers over his chest. "Do you think we can transfer to-"

"Yeah," he smiled. "Perhaps for the next semester, we've already missed so many days to count this one." He whispered. "But, we're finally out of the alien abyss for now."

"Where do we go from here?" Tess whispered, threading her fingers with his.

"We live our lives," he smiled, kissing her brow. "We start over. New school, new apartment-"

"Together," she grinned, thinking back to the first time she set her eyes on him. "Do you remember our first date? At the coffeehouse?"

"Yeah," Kyle chuckled. "Who would have thought it would lead us half way across the galaxy and back."

"You regret it?" Tess questioned as she gazed up into his eyes.

"Not one second." He whispered, kissing her.

"Good answer," she yawned, closing her eyes. "Love you."

"Love you too," he replied, shifting ever so slightly and closed his eyes. "Night, my queen."

"Former queen," Tess mumbled as she turned into his chest, cuddling close. "Night, baby."

The end.

Or is it?

:D

I loved this AU'verse so much, that I had a ton of storylines that didn't fit into this story arc- so, I will be exploring them in another fic. Expect to see a sequel soon. *hugs*

Ica
Icalynn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Icalynn »

Thank you killjoy for the feedback!

And thank you all to those who voted for my fic!! *hugs*

Winner Favorite Lead Portrayal of Tess Harding Round 11

Runner-Up Favorite Lead Portrayal of Kyle Valenti Round 11