Shattered Hearts Teen 1/1 M/L 7/27 Completed

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

beautifyldreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Shattered Hearts Teen 1/1 M/L 7/27 Completed

Post by beautifyldreamer »

Title: Shattered Hearts
Category: M/L
Disclaimer: Alas… the characters of Roswell don’t belong to me…. But man
oh man if Max Evans were mine… ;) The songs “I Don’t Want To” and
“Nobody Knows” belong to Ashley Monroe and Babyface respectfully.
Rating: Teen – minor angst and language
Summary: One big mistake led to 10 years of broken dreams, can they ever be restored?
AN: Suffering a minor writer’s block I decided to play a little music and
then write whatever came out. No worries to my ALWSUT fans… I’ve been working little by little on that too. I just had to get this out.

Warning: This isn’t a fluffy story nor is it necessarily happily ever after.

For now this is meant to be just a one-parter with a rather ambiguous ending. Let me know what you think and....

Enjoy :)

10 years.

10 years ago Elizabeth Parker, left home. Left the pain, the heartache,
her family, her friends…

And Max Evans.

“I could want somebody else
I could need somebody else
I could love somebody other than you
But I don’t want to.”

“So you’re with her now?” Liz’s voice held the strength she didn’t truly feel as the words escaped her lips. Max stood before her, his amber eyes refusing to meet hers. It was almost hard to believe that those same amber eyes were the ones that once entranced her so. It was probably for the best that he wouldn’t meet her eyes. She just knew her eyes were brown pools of betrayal, giving away the pain she truly felt.

Max ran a hand through his nearly black hair, short now thanks to a recent hair cut. She suddenly found herself missing the feel of it. She shook her head. She had to be rid of these thoughts.

--Of Max.--

“Yes Liz. I’m with her. She’s… she’s pregnant.” His words cut through her like a knife, slicing what was left of her broken heart. Pregnant. The word sounded out through her mind as a tormenting cry. He and Tess had made love. They’d created something as special as a child together. Was this really happening?

“Well I suppose that’s that then.” Liz heard herself reply, her voice still maintaining a level pitch despite her urge to scream. She suddenly felt very small. It was almost as if she were watching the scene unfold from above, like a bad dream.

A nightmare.

All they had shared, all they had given each other, thrown away just like that.

“Do you love her?” Liz finally spat out, unable to hold in the question burning itself in her mind. Could he love Tess like he loved her? Would they share the same heated connection, same passion that he and Liz had shared? Doing her best, she held back the sob that threatened to wrack through her body as she waited on baited breath for his answer

He was quiet for a moment before he spoke.

“Yes.”

A single tear fell down Liz’s cheek with this memory. That simple ‘yes’ had been enough to shatter what was left of her broken heart. It had driven her to flee away to the safety and confines of finishing school in Maryland just a week later and then on to Harvard.

But now she was back.

10 years away in Boston living her dream. Or what she thought was her dream.

10 years had given her enough time to realize her dream wasn’t Harvard.

As much as it killed her to admit it, her dream was and would always be
Max Evans.

“I could dream somebody else
Be treated like a queen by someone else
I could love somebody other than you
But I don’t want to.”

10 years.

10 years since Max Evans had watched the love of his life leave him without so much as a word goodbye. 10 years since he’d told her the biggest lie of his life.

That he loved another woman.

“I pretended I’m glad you went away
These four walls close in more everyday
And I’m dying inside
And nobody knows it but me.”

“I can’t believe you lied to me!” Max yelled, his voice full of anger and disgust. He watched as Tess cringed at his tone.

“I had to Max! You never would have stayed with me if I hadn’t!” She seemed to have regained her composure. Max shook his head at her words. Word’s he couldn’t believe. Tess had lied about being pregnant. The joy he should have felt was overshadowed by the suffering he’d inflicted upon his only love.

--Liz. -- Her name recited itself over and over again. She was gone. His Liz was gone. Disappeared from his life, now only a memory left to haunt him.

“What have I done…?” His anguish overpowering him as he sank down to the floor. All because he’d succumbed to one night of too much alcohol and a seductress.

“Like a clown I put on a show
The pain is real even if nobody knows
And I’m crying inside
And nobody knows it but me.”

“Are you kidding me?! You’re still stuck on her?! Liz is gone Max! That bitch is never coming back!” Tess snorted, her blue eyes cold. Max raised his head, a fury burning in his amber eyes.

“Never. Refer to her. Like that. Again.” He hissed, rising to his feet. “Baby or not, you would have never been more to me than a mistake Tess! You’ll always be just a one night stand!” How could he have ever had sex with her? Her blue eyes were so frigid, nothing like the warm pools of brown his Liz had. Tess looked hurt briefly, but hid her pain behind an indifferent smirk.

“That doesn’t matter. She’s still gone and she’ll never come back to you.” She replied harshly, swishing her curly blonde hair over her shoulder and heading for the door.

Max fell to floor once more, burying his head in his hands. As much as he didn’t want to admit it, she was right.

Liz would never come back to him.

Liz would never know that he loved her and only her.

“Why didn’t I say the things I needed to say
How could I let my angel get away?
Now my world is just tumbling down
I can say it so clearly but you’re nowhere around.”

Max felt himself cringe at this thought. Liz Parker had never come back. Never called.

To him, she was gone forever. So it was no surprise that nothing could have prepared him for the moment she walked through the double doors of the Crashdown, 10 years after he’d watch her run out of them.

Approaching her, he took in her beautiful brown eyes and silky brown hair and it gave him hope. A hope he’d long since squelched years before. And so he told her the only thing his mind and heart would allow. The words escaped his lips and tears clouded his eyes. He could just make out the hurt in her brown eyes and yet a smidgen of hope glittering behind all the pain.

“I love you.”
Last edited by beautifyldreamer on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.