Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sprayadhesive »

LovinGuerin2Much wrote:Just pre-ordered my Harry Potter tickets for IMAX theater for Wednesday. :D cant wait!
Hey! I was about to come and post here that I'd gotten them for tomorrow night at midnight. I'm bursting with excitement.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

sprayadhesive wrote:
LovinGuerin2Much wrote:Just pre-ordered my Harry Potter tickets for IMAX theater for Wednesday. :D cant wait!
Hey! I was about to come and post here that I'd gotten them for tomorrow night at midnight. I'm bursting with excitement.
Well how was it? Any good?
sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sprayadhesive »

killjoy wrote:
sprayadhesive wrote:
Well how was it? Any good?
Note to fellow book readers: The following opinions were taken with me keeping in mind that I had to take the movie for what it was... not what it wasn't. I keep the movies and the books completely separate in my mind, because, well, nothing can compare to the books.

I absolutely loved it - I've seen it twice already. They covered the book as well as possible, considering it's an 800 page (almost 900) book and only a 2 hour 15 minute movie.

Then again, I AM a die hard Harry Potter fan, so I can be a bit biased.

I thought that Evana Lynch (Luna Lovegood) and Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) did superb jobs of mastering their characters. Daniel Radcliffe has definitely matured since the last time we saw him. He completely blew me away with his performance. I didn't think that the movie would be able to do Harry's Book 5 torment justice, and I was more than pleased to be proved wrong.

The movie was also very intense and action-packed; it kept me glued to my seat for both of the times I've seen it. The battle scenes towards the end were a very good number of special effects that blew my mind.

I had chills at various points throughout the film. Both times I went, people I was with got teary eyed or leaked some tears. I'm glad Yates will be back to direct Half-Blood Prince.

Overall, I definitely recommend everyone going to see it in theaters. The experience of being in a theater and watching it like that definitely makes it worth the $8.50 movie (At least, that's what it is where I'm at).

LOVED it. My favorite Harry Potter movie so far. -end gushing-
rwllmn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rwllmn »

nothing can compare to the books.
i agree with you completely, sprayadhesive and your previous post.

Last week I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and was quite impressed with the action scenes. Reading them i pictured them a certain way but there was so much going it in the book the movie did a wonderful job with those scenes.

IMO people who haven't read the books will love the movie but other die hard fans may have problem with the movie... :|
"...even the worst most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying." Meredith Grey
khepri
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Movie discussions

Post by khepri »

Any love for Cloverfield? I know I'm really excited for it.
Man is least himself when he speaks in his own person, give him a mask and he'll tell you the truth.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Hell yeah I'm going to go see Cloverfield!

Me and my buds were in Transformers when they showed the trailer.We were like "HOLY SHIT THAT WAS COOL!" Since they didn't tell the name of the movie we hit the net for days looking for it :lol:
khepri
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by khepri »

Same here, I found out a bit more from some friends of mine and I fell in love with the idea. I seriously think JJ Abrams is going to alter the monster type movie. I can't wait for tonight!!
Man is least himself when he speaks in his own person, give him a mask and he'll tell you the truth.
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

About Cloverfield *SPOILERS BELOW*

I Loved it! I'll admit, that this movie would have been really cheesy, if it had been filmed like a regular monster movie. Cause, let's face it. Giant monsters attacking has been soooo done. But this one was different. The movie, basically a video tape from a camera recovered from post-monster attack New York City, was jumpy at times, blurry at others, and just down-right full of movement and motion. But that's what made it more real. (And I say this, realizing how ridiculous that sounds, when I'm talking about a movie where a giant monster attacks New York City, lol). But this new way of filming it showed a completely different side of your run of the mill monster movie, and put a whole new spin on the entire concept.

And the ending was so abrupt and final, it was awesome.

I would sooooo see this movie again.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

Anyone seen Batman 2- The Dark knight??
Whatcha think?
DreamerM&L
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerM&L »

yeah i went to see it and it was awesome!!!! Heath ledger as the joker was amazingly psychotic...he did such a good job...this is the only batman movie that i like...except the one with George Clooney!! :D
But the way he was acting as a joker was so amazing i couldnt even recognize it to be heath ledger...In my opinion I believe that the role of the joker is what caused his death
Liz:Forever may only be twelve days...

Max:Then we'll take those twelve days...and we'll live twelve life times.

Robert Pattinson is My own personal brand of Heroin