Dreamer This or That Game

Love Max & Liz? Then the Dreamer place is where you want to be.

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

Max seeing Liz with Kyle in TEOTW

God it was so sad and heartbreaking :cry: poor Max

Pilot "thank you" end scene with them at the crash festival or
Graduation "I'm Liz Parker and I'm happy" end scene with them married
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

Ooh, that's a tough one! I'll go with the Pilot "Thank You". My heart skipped a beat during that scene, and that's when I was sold on our favorite couple.

Okay. Which moment made you wish you were either Liz or Max, wish you were right there? (one's fleeting, one's a collection of moments)

When Liz and Max were alone in Michael's apartment during SH or the proposal scene from Season three?
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
Stars in my eyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Stars in my eyes »

Oh, this is kinda hard. I seriously wouldn't mind either.

um, I'd have to say I would so totally want to be Liz during the SH scene. God that would have been ... just excellent. Plus, everything was really okay back then. No Tess, evil aliens, or crazy stuff.

I felt that the proposal, while romantic (and everything we dreamers wanted) was to soon. They hadn't worked out any problems really. But anywho, here's my question

Which do you think was the most embarrassing situation for Liz

Max seeing her fantasy or the blind date fiasco where Max didn't remember anything that happened?
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

That’s kind of hard but I would have to go with the fantasy. The blind date thing was more sad than embarrassing.

Which goodbye kiss was more heart wrenching, Liz kiss Max goodbye in Destiny or Max kissing Liz goodbye in Departure?
Stars in my eyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Stars in my eyes »

When Liz left in Destiny, you knew they would probably get back together and work it out. Someday, somehow, you just knew that their love would pull them back together. But when Max kissed Liz in Departure it felt like this definite thing. I truly thought there was no way back from that. He was leaving, he had a baby, Liz had been lying. It was just all messed up. I thought how in the hell is he gonna get back to Earth, and if he does, what about Tees and the baby?

Max kissing Liz good-bye was worst. It broke my heart cause it got to a point where they had just hurt each other so bad.

Okay which moment was the best Max saving Liz or Liz saving Max?
"If you make yourself happy, a little of that sunshine will spread onto others" - David Bowe
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

Hmm, Stars this is kind of an open question because I think Max and Liz saved each other many times.

I think Max saved Liz at the Crashdown, and he saved her when he tried to heal her when she had the sparks(oh, that was in vain, maybe we shouldn't count that one ;) ), he saved her when "he" came back in The End of the World...he saved her and himself from heartache.

I think perhaps one of the most controversial ones for me was when he saved her in Departure...it wasn't an immediate effect and he needed a lot of waking up before he did it right and proper (by of course getting rid of Tess). I think Liz saved Max in Blood Brother, and she also saved him the countless times she protected his secret. I think she saved him when she rescued him in Destiny.

But if I had to go with one of the most direct ways, I'd pick Max saving Liz at the Crashdown.

OKay, how about this one:
Best spot for a Canon fic to pick up with our Dreamers:
End of the World or Destiny?
helen_roswellfan23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by helen_roswellfan23 »

I'd say End of the World because I want to see the many possibilities that the couple could have with 'cementing' their realtionship.

Here:

Which do you think hurt Liz the most, knowing that Max slept with Tess or that Tess is pregnant with Max's child?
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

Oh good one, Helen! My first impulse is to say that Max sleeping with Tess hurt her the most, but every time I think about the third season, what struck me the most was how Liz dealt with the elephant in the room. Max had this other child, by a woman that wasn't her, and because it was his, she stuck by his side. He asked her to do so much for this "lovechild" of his and it was so sad to see that happen. And I think that's what I'd like to blame for her uneasiness with him during Season 3.

Best farewell kiss:
At the end of Destiny in the pod cave right before Liz left Max or in Departure when Max was in the car with Liz and he kissed her goodbye :D
m_groupie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by m_groupie »

The Departure kiss most defiantly. It is the epitome of a goodbye kiss. I love that kiss. It is one of my favorites that Max and Liz shared. There is just so much emotion. It seemed like they were never going to see each other again, well they thought they weren’t. Every time I see that kiss is makes me want to cry, even though I know Max is going to stay, just because of how desperate and longing it is. :cry: :( Sorry I rambled.

Ok

Which to do think changed or damaged Max and Liz relationship the most, Liz pretending to sleep with Kyle or Max sleeping with Tess?
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

Which to do think changed or damaged Max and Liz relationship the most, Liz pretending to sleep with Kyle or Max sleeping with Tess?

My first impulse is to say Max sleeping with Tess, but...I thought the whole EOTW ordeal was never fully adressed; there was so much they could do with everything that had happened, and they didn't. I thought it was good that Max and Liz could eventually talk about Kyle and what she didn't do (I'm thinking of the scene in the car in Departure), but it definitely kept them apart. Most of season 2 had them glaring at each other, getting into heated arguments, staring into each other's eyes and then shaking the possibility of it - it was hard to watch. I think that if they did just talk about it, maybe things would have been different, because the catalyst to Tess, etc was that EOTW episode.

Which "surprise" kiss scene between Max and Liz is your favorite:

Busted - when she comes into his apartment and sits on his lap or (I'm not sure of the title for this one) The Snapple Caper - when Max put messages on the wall for her, and got her to come into the kitchen ;)